IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 236.
#5251 6 years ago

Does anyone know what LEDS are used in the walking dead topper? It appears they are 12v LEDS(based on connection to J7) and the topper changes color from WHITE to GREEN so I assume they are RGB LEDS, but I haven't seen any 12v rgb led boards.

#5252 6 years ago

We’ll see you back here in a few if you have any questions on tweaks out of the box and protections, etc. all is contained in the thread but maybe not easy to find. Congrats! Amazing but brutal game with full factory settings, particularly your Prem/LE.

#5253 6 years ago

Just added a shaker to my Pro. What was I waiting for?! Really great integration with the game!

#5254 6 years ago

Anybody have the customized survival instructions for sale? Looking to buy a nice unique set to replace the standard instructions and price cards. Thanks guys!!!

#5255 6 years ago

Try pinballcards.com. LOTSof free cards. Don’t forget to make a donation if you like what you get.

#5256 6 years ago

I just picked up an awesome MOD from Mezelmods and added it to a TWD fishtank from the season 3 DVD boxset (thanks Scott).

https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

The Mezelmod is used to add gameplay controlled lighting to the flat plastic heads on the PRO to at least mimic the lighting of the Premium/LE, but this takes it one step further. Here are some pics. Very happy with the mod. The mod is hooked to the same control for the topper (J7) so it works just like it (in green lighting only, no white). I inverted the lighting and installed it under the tank with some clear adhesive.

IMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPG
IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG
IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG
IMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPG

#5257 6 years ago

I did the same thing.

20160329_142021 (resized).jpg20160329_142021 (resized).jpg

#5258 6 years ago

Joining the club, my first NIB game! Having a lot of fun with this one so far. Anyone else having a problem with the prison magnet throwing the ball SDTM? Is there a short ballsave option for that? It can be pretty annoying.

20171013_155749 (resized).jpg20171013_155749 (resized).jpg

#5259 6 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Joining the club, my first NIB game! Having a lot of fun with this one so far. Anyone else having a problem with the prison magnet throwing the ball SDTM? Is there a short ballsave option for that? It can be pretty annoying.

It can be very annoying. Try flipping repeatedly as it releases the ball for some random magnet pulses. Anyone’s guess where it’ll go instead though...

#5260 6 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Just before the second wrench strike on the dmd, press both flippers and the magnet will throw the ball so it doesn’t go sdtm.

#5261 6 years ago

stern needs to do a code update to auto pulse the magnet.... not likely to happen but yea it would be nice

#5262 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

It can be very annoying. Try flipping repeatedly as it releases the ball for some random magnet pulses. Anyone’s guess where it’ll go instead though...

Very helpful, thank you!

#5263 6 years ago

I've had better luck with hitting the flippers alternately during the animation as opposed to both at the same time. All it would take is a 2 second ball save and/or better pulsing of the magnet...but we're talking about Stern here...

#5264 6 years ago

By flipping the flippers I can keep it from going straight down the middle most of the time. But every once in awhile I miss time it and straight down the middle it goes. I don’t get it. Every other magnet of this type on all of their other pins grabs the magnet and randomly flings it around. So did did they design the prison magnet to do this on purpose??

#5265 6 years ago

I advice to set up your games a little steeper, so the ball hangs more on the lower side of the magnet.

It sure pulses but with a more flatten game, the ball will not move much from it's core.

#5266 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I just picked up an awesome MOD from Mezelmods and added it to a TWD fishtank from the season 3 DVD boxset (thanks Scott).
https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro
The Mezelmod is used to add gameplay controlled lighting to the flat plastic heads on the PRO to at least mimic the lighting of the Premium/LE, but this takes it one step further. Here are some pics. Very happy with the mod. The mod is hooked to the same control for the topper (J7) so it works just like it (in green lighting only, no white). I inverted the lighting and installed it under the tank with some clear adhesive.

Lighting mod looks great. Does anyone know if the fish tank mod is still available anywhere for the Pro?

Cheers!
Adam.

#5267 6 years ago

Going to list a very nice HUO TWD pro if anyone has a friend looking....Loaded with mods. Game is in MD. Cash or partial trades.

#5268 6 years ago

Fish Tank Animations.

I saw an additional animation today on the fishtank. I completed it like 20 times today and usually you get like 250-500k for a completion, but this one time I got 00, then the middle zombie head made an O shaped mouth, then another animation showed a 600k or 550k completion for the 3 heads. It was very cool!!!

Did I hallucinate this, or did anyone else see this easter egg?

#5269 6 years ago

Fish Tank Animations.
I saw an additional animation today on the fishtank. I completed it like 20 times today and usually you get like 250-500k for a completion, but this one time I got 00, then the middle zombie head made an O shaped mouth, then another animation showed a 600k or 550k completion for the 3 heads. It was very cool!!!
Did I hallucinate this, or did anyone else see this easter egg?

I never saw that but I complete the fish tank maybe twice a game.

#5270 6 years ago

I have a few questions about Horde. I've owned the pro for about a month, and I started Horde for rhe first time last night. I lit all the weapons, but I didn't know how to start Horde.

I might have already been in a multiball, but I don't remember which one. One of the balls went through Woodbury, and Horde started. Other balls were hitting things, too, so I just want to confirm that Woodbury is the shot to start Horde.

Also, a few more balls entered the playfield when Horde started. How many balls is Horde?

Will the multiball end when a walker gets too close, or does that just light the "Bit" outlanes? Will the multiball end if one ball goes down the "Bit" outlane?

I was down to one ball and it drained down the left outlane with "Bit" lit, so I'm unsure of the behavior while more balls are in play.

#5271 6 years ago

Here's a good rulesheet for reference. I just got mine a few weeks ago too and its helped me understand the game.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#heading=h.j0toiy9vnszr

Quoted from Sparky:

I have a few questions about Horde. I've owned the pro for about a month, and I started Horde for rhe first time last night. I lit all the weapons, but I didn't know how to start Horde.
I might have already been in a multiball, but I don't remember which one. One of the balls went through Woodbury, and Horde started. Other balls were hitting things, too, so I just want to confirm that Woodbury is the shot to start Horde.
Also, a few more balls entered the playfield when Horde started. How many balls is Horde?
Will the multiball end when a walker gets too close, or does that just light the "Bit" outlanes? Will the multiball end if one ball goes down the "Bit" outlane?
I was down to one ball and it drained down the left outlane with "Bit" lit, so I'm unsure of the behavior while more balls are in play.

#5272 6 years ago

What is "Killing Spree"? Last night on a pro I opened the prison doors, then made four or five shots on the yard zombies in a row and saw a Killing Spree amount flash on the DMD. Might have been a couple million. Anyone have any information about that?

#5273 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

One of the balls went through Woodbury, and Horde started. Other balls were hitting things, too, so I just want to confirm that Woodbury is the shot to start Horde.

Confirmed. On the Pro, the HORDE insert will be blinking and the flasher next to Woodbury will be flashing when Horde is ready to start. (Note: On the Premium/LE, the HORDE insert doesn't flash when Horde is ready to start.)

Quoted from Sparky:

he playfield when Horde started. How many balls is Horde?

Horde starts with 2 balls, then adds a ball every time the "shots remaining" counter reaches zero, assuming you don't have all the balls out on the playfield.

Quoted from Sparky:

Horde ends when you lose your last ball, or when a walker gets too close and bites you. The "Bit" outlane thing isn't what people are referring to when they are saying getting bit ends Horde. It's a different kind of bit, though obviously you can lose your last ball via a lit Bit outlane and have Horde end.

#5274 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Horde is started by the Woodbury shot, the flasher should be active letting you know been a while since I've been there so can't answer the other questions.

#5275 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What is "Killing Spree"? Last night on a pro I opened the prison doors, then made four or five shots on the yard zombies in a row and saw a Killing Spree amount flash on the DMD. Might have been a couple million. Anyone have any information about that?

Killing those yard zombies in quick order gets you that award. Not sure how many you have to hit in what amount of time though.

#5276 6 years ago

Killing spree: hit all the walkers in the yard quite fast and you get this awarded

Horde rules (at this moment! ): starts at the woodburry with 2 or 3 balls and every x lit shots you get an add-a ball and move up one level. The closer the walker the higher the points you get. Points depend on how high your multikill value was before starting it.
Horde ends:
when a walker is too close (all lamps on a certain shot lit + some extra time) and bites you, you keep playing on your current ball in play
OR
when you drain your last ball, and then you advance to next ball in play

#5277 6 years ago

Is it normal to have sometimes Crossbow (Pro version) during Horde but with a different music and more often than normal? Is it Crossbow frenzy? How does it happens?

Thanks

#5278 6 years ago

Crossbow frenzy can run together with horde.
You start crossbow frenzy at the right ramp after you shot 3 succesfull crosbow shots.

#5279 6 years ago

Here's a couple more questions:

How high does the Woodbury award go with fish tank completions and woodbury completions? I've already seen 3,000,000 as an award with the woodbury shot, does it go higher?

Combos. This game isn't really setup for combos but Lyman does give you points for combos. I've shot a 4-way combo several times (right ramp, tunnel, rightramp, tunnel) but does it go any higher than 4-way combo?

#5280 6 years ago

Here's a good rulesheet for reference. I just got mine a few weeks ago too and its helped me understand the game.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#heading=h.j0toiy9vnszr

Thanks for this link! All the other rule sheets I've seen are not up to date with 1.56 code. This helps with a lot of the questions I've had that the other rule sheets don't answer.

#5281 6 years ago

I hit a 6 or 7 way combo once (right ramp and tunnel alternation) but combo champ is on one shot I think.

#5282 6 years ago

I don't think i made at least one time a 3way combo... Wow, an other thing to achieve in this great game.

#5283 6 years ago

Dense guy here.

When you are in Horde, what specifically are you aiming at to kill the walkers coming toward you? The game is so fast, I can't watch the DMD and the PF at the same time to even know when a walker is getting close to me. I just keep shooting and hope for the best.

Are you killing them simply by hitting shots where the arrows light up? Or, is it strictly the barn, or the Well Walker you are aiming at?

Thanks anyone who answers this.

Mike in Kentucky

#5284 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Dense guy here.
When you are in Horde, what specifically are you aiming at to kill the walkers coming toward you? The game is so fast, I can't watch the DMD and the PF at the same time to even know when a walker is getting close to me. I just keep shooting and hope for the best.
Are you killing them simply by hitting shots where the arrows light up? Or, is it strictly the barn, or the Well Walker you are aiming at?
Thanks anyone who answers this.
Mike in Kentucky

Nothing will be lit on the playfield except for the shots where zombies are advancing toward you. So if you looked up on the dmd, if there is a zombie coming towards you on the far left, barn will be lit on the playfield. Then as the zombie gets closer, more inserts on that shot will light.

It's all about clearing waves of zombies. First wave is 3 kills, then 4, 5, and so on. Each time you clear a wave, the game adds a ball. There is no end to Horde unless you get bit our drain

#5285 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing will be lit on the playfield except for the shots where zombies are advancing toward you. So if you looked up on the dmd, if there is a zombie coming towards you on the far left, barn will be lit on the playfield. Then as the zombie gets closer, more inserts on that shot will light.

Appreciate your answer!

Mike

#5286 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is no end to Horde unless you get bit our drain

not yet

#5287 6 years ago

You're nuts if you think this gets another update. Haha

#5288 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You're nuts if you think this gets another update. Haha

Time will tell I suppose

#5289 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Time will tell I suppose

It has already told us. Keep dreaming.

#5290 6 years ago

Just wish they would release a tiny little update for a 2 second ball save after the Prison magnet, and more random magnet pulses...can't imagine it would be that hard for them to do. But like I said in a different thread, Stern is more busy trying to pull in new customers as opposed taking care of existing customers (with the potential of repeat customers).

#5291 6 years ago

There are some bugs to be fixed, horde reset and non-lighting horde insert on the LE/Prem. An update "should" be coming at least for that.

#5292 6 years ago

Is it common for the prison door optos to not register prison door hits often? It seems if I have a quick, solid hit, it doesn't advance the letter. If I have a slow or medium hit, it registers just fine. Is there an adjustment for this? The prison shot seems to be very risky for me because a lot of the solid shots bounce back SDTM or get caught up in the slings if I manage to get a flipper on the ball.

#5293 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Is it common for the prison door optos to not register prison door hits often? It seems if I have a quick, solid hit, it doesn't advance the letter. If I have a slow or medium hit, it registers just fine. Is there an adjustment for this? The prison shot seems to be very risky for me because a lot of the solid shots bounce back SDTM or get caught up in the slings if I manage to get a flipper on the ball.

This is usually caused by the magnet in front of the doors. If it isn't perfectly flat then the ball will jump slightly and it is enough for it to miss the opto. I had this on my game and it only stopped happening when I adjusted the height of the magnet core.

#5294 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Make sure your magnet is exactly flush with the play field. I adjusted my magnet to try and stop it from throwing the ball straight down the middle. Even at a quarter turn it was sitting too much above the play field causing the ball to catch air and sail over the optos on a fast hit. Do you have a cliffy around your magnet? I've also heard that those will cause small airballs too.

#5295 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

This is usually caused by the magnet in front of the doors. If it isn't perfectly flat then the ball will jump slightly and it is enough for it to miss the opto. I had this on my game and it only stopped happening when I adjusted the height of the magnet core.

Quoted from Jakers:

Make sure your magnet is exactly flush with the play field. I adjusted my magnet to try and stop it from throwing the ball straight down the middle. Even at a quarter turn it was sitting too much above the play field causing the ball to catch air and sail over the optos on a fast hit. Do you have a cliffy around your magnet? I've also heard that those will cause small airballs too.

Thanks! I'll have to pay more attention to see if it's slight airballs. I do have a thin Cliffy on that magnet.

When I mentioned the ball coming back straight down the middle, I didn't mean because of the magnet. I can usually cancel that animation with the crowbar and avoid that. I meant that a hard solid shot when spelling prison bounces right back down the middle, so it sucks when I actually go for letters and they don't register because it's a risky shot.

#5296 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks! I'll have to pay more attention to see if it's slight airballs. I do have a thin Cliffy on that magnet.
When I mentioned the ball coming back straight down the middle, I didn't mean because of the magnet. I can usually cancel that animation with the crowbar and avoid that. I meant that a hard solid shot when spelling prison bounces right back down the middle, so it sucks when I actually go for letters and they don't register because it's a risky shot.

i'm not sure if it is perceivable by eye. You'll have to feel it on the pf itself if the magnet is completely flush with the pf or not. Mine still doesn't register occasionally. It seems that there is no way to level it from the front of the magnet to the back.

#5297 6 years ago

It is 100% the Cliffy. Take it off and you won’t have this problem.

#5298 6 years ago

I had the carbon fiber Cliffy on my TWD premium prison magnet and I had to remove it. It made it the ball skip over the opto. I took it off and haven’t had a problem since. Also had to remove the carbon fiber Cliffy on my SM Doc Ock magnet. It made the ball skip over the optos and reject off of Doc Ock.

#5299 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I had the carbon fiber Cliffy on my TWD premium prison magnet and I had to remove it. It made it the ball skip over the opto. I took it off and haven’t had a problem since. Also had to remove the carbon fiber Cliffy on my SM Doc Ock magnet. It made the ball skip over the optos and reject off of Doc Ock.

Thanks! I'll take it off and hopefully that solves it.

#5300 6 years ago

Played a spectacular game tonite. Got away with murder shaking the game all over the floor. Pulled off horde for the first time .. totals were 335M...

Then I find out how I was getting away tilt free. Damn tilt bob fell off! Oh well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 26.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.