IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 549.
#23601 8 months ago

Anyone else get the occasional air ball after hitting Mechagodzilla and the ball landing on the rail?

#23602 8 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Anyone else get the occasional air ball after hitting Mechagodzilla and the ball landing on the rail?

Yep! Probably every few games that happens.

#23603 8 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Same here, I was thinking of lowering the flipper power on mine but I really like it the way it is.

#23604 8 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Yes. Lowered power and adjusted the left hand guide but still occasionally get an air ball up and onto the rail. Plus only after adjusting do I get an occasional air ball that gets stuck behind MechaGZ’s arm. I think it is having a dome shaped magnet and depending on the direction that the ball is coming from from the left hand flipper that causes the ball to go in different directions.

Skippy2904

#23605 8 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

New to the club myself. Never even owned a Stern before and been collecting 30 years. Guess I've been missing out. What a great game! I picked up a really nice Pro, set it on easy five ball to get a feel for the game and man, what a blast! love the Mechagodzilla spinner and battle/multiball mode. Actually like all of the modes I have been able to figure out so far, but there is something about hitting that spinner. The fellow I picked it up from did a nice job with mods and the only things I'm contemplating are a shaker and maybe speaker upgrades. I do need to spend some time with the vast menu and figure out what's up with all that, but for now I'm really enjoying things.

Get the shaker. You will not be disappointed. This game should have come with it stock. Truly immersive and used appropriately.

#23606 8 months ago

This morning I installed speaker LEDs and a Shaker on my premium, both from pinball life. When I booted up the machine, the LEDs came on, but like a dummy, I didn’t have the balls installed. As soon as it started searching for balls, the machine shut off. Unfortunately, it will not turn back on.

I have tried unplugging it. I uninstalled the mods. I also checked the fuse behind the back glass. Not sure if there are other fuses.

Any thoughts? The machine is only a few weeks old, delivered NIB. Thanks!

#23607 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolsen99:

This morning I installed speaker LEDs and a Shaker on my premium, both from pinball life. When I booted up the machine, the LEDs came on, but like a dummy, I didn’t have the balls installed. As soon as it started searching for balls, the machine shut off. Unfortunately, it will not turn back on.
I have tried unplugging it. I uninstalled the mods. I also checked the fuse behind the back glass. Not sure if there are other fuses.
Any thoughts? The machine is only a few weeks old, delivered NIB. Thanks!

try unplugging the shaker

#23608 8 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

New to the club myself. Never even owned a Stern before and been collecting 30 years. Guess I've been missing out. What a great game! I picked up a really nice Pro, set it on easy five ball to get a feel for the game and man, what a blast! love the Mechagodzilla spinner and battle/multiball mode. Actually like all of the modes I have been able to figure out so far, but there is something about hitting that spinner. The fellow I picked it up from did a nice job with mods and the only things I'm contemplating are a shaker and maybe speaker upgrades. I do need to spend some time with the vast menu and figure out what's up with all that, but for now I'm really enjoying things.

Shaker mandatory

#23609 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

try unplugging the shaker

The first thing I did was unplug both the shaker and LEDs. She is dead!

Update, after being off for a while, it turned back on! Now the question is, do I try it again? Or does it sound like an issue with the shaker?

#23610 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolsen99:

The first thing I did was unplug both the shaker and LEDs. She is dead!

Does anything happen at all when you flip the switch? Any lights on the cpu board in the backbox or clicking from the power supply? It would be very improbable for the entire thing to be dead so you need to narrow down what compenent. If nothing is getting power at all, I’d make sure your outlet is working (or you did not trip the breaker) then move to the power supply and check that.

#23611 8 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Does anything happen at all when you flip the switch? Any lights on the cpu board in the backbox or clicking from the power supply? It would be very improbable for the entire thing to be dead so you need to narrow down what compenent. If nothing is getting power at all, I’d make sure your outlet is working (or you don’t trip the breaker) then move to the power supply and check that.

It just came back on. Maybe I’ll contain Pinball Life to see if maybe I have a bad shaker??

#23612 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolsen99:

It just came back on. Maybe I’ll contain Pinball Life to see if maybe I have a bad shaker??

maybe take the cover off the shaker and check that the wires arent messed up and check that you plugged into the correct place.

#23613 8 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Selling my High End Mods Mecha Godzilla shooter rod with uninstalled 'Danger Radiation' sticker and updated nylon washer fix. $100 shipped in the continental USA. Please PM me if interested!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

-*SOLD*-

#23614 8 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you post photos of the game?

Here ya go. Almost 31,000 plays now.

IMG_0768 (resized).jpegIMG_0768 (resized).jpegIMG_0770 (resized).jpegIMG_0770 (resized).jpegIMG_0771 (resized).jpegIMG_0771 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0773 (resized).jpegIMG_0773 (resized).jpegIMG_0774 (resized).jpegIMG_0774 (resized).jpegIMG_0775 (resized).jpegIMG_0775 (resized).jpegIMG_0776 (resized).jpegIMG_0776 (resized).jpegIMG_0777 (resized).jpegIMG_0777 (resized).jpegIMG_0778 (resized).jpegIMG_0778 (resized).jpeg
#23615 8 months ago

Wow. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Looks fantastic.

#23616 8 months ago

I’m still a little tingly - had my best game ever - what an amazing game! I think I beat King Ghidorah or at least survived once then chose to fight again then lost but rolled right into Godzilla multiball. Now to fix the squeay stern shaker.

IMG_1912 (resized).jpegIMG_1912 (resized).jpeg
#23617 8 months ago

Anyone else had an issue with insider connected home team not working on startup? on my Bond i can hold the left flipper and home team comes up. On GZ the left flipper hold to select only seems to work if i open the coin door, go into settings, back out and close the coin door.

#23618 8 months ago

I have connected I didn’t know what home team was till you asked your question. Just looked it up. Huge time saver, sheesh.

#23619 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

maybe take the cover off the shaker and check that the wires arent messed up and check that you plugged into the correct place.

Good idea, I will try this tomorrow!

#23620 8 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

What the best way to retrieve a stuck ball without having it drain and end that turn? My friend had an unbelievable round going but got a ball stuck in Mechagodzilla's arm. Can I just retrieve the ball and drop it in the shooter lane and have it sit while I put the glass back up will that just auto-plunge?

as above turn coin door ball saver on but in addition:

I did this quick video a while for pinball / stern settings

#23621 8 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Spooky butter cab games arrive wrapped in moving blankets- Definitely the best packing job I’ve ever seen. Stern certainly is not bad. The one Stern disaster I had would not have been helped with plywood at all. Somebody dropped the machine from a decent height and the playfield became traumatically detached at the lock bar tabs. Amazingly, the glass and cabinet were OK. The box was perfect.

yeah I've seen that - I haven't bought a spooky game since TNA but normal games I don't think do quite so well. Although I prefer the way Spooky do box disassembly.

#23622 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballerPSU:

Joined the owners club today!!! NIB Pro to the growing collection. Played a bunch on location and had to get one home. Now need to read up on the must have mods. Would love any recommendations!! Will try to sift through the 470+ pages too!!
[quoted image]

Love the Stern yoga mats!

#23623 8 months ago

Hi fellow Godzilla Pro fans/Owners, got a NIB GZ Pro a few weeks ago fired it up and it freezes after about 2-3 minutes. Stern sent replacement PSU and PDB over the past couple of weeks which I replaced and still same issue. Multiple clicks on boot 20+, never heard PSU fan come on (can anyone on this board confirm if PSU fan is supposed to spin up on startup?). Please let me know if anyone has experienced this freeze issue and what the cause may be. Sometimes the game is stable enough to run diagnostics and none of the node boards comeback with any errors so I am stumped.

#23624 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomFocus:

Hi fellow Godzilla Pro fans/Owners, got a NIB GZ Pro a few weeks ago fired it up and it freezes after about 2-3 minutes. Stern sent replacement PSU and PDB over the past couple of weeks which I replaced and still same issue. Multiple clicks on boot 20+, never heard PSU fan come on (can anyone on this board confirm if PSU fan is supposed to spin up on startup?). Please let me know if anyone has experienced this freeze issue and what the cause may be. Sometimes the game is stable enough to run diagnostics and none of the node boards comeback with any errors so I am stumped.

the fan will push air out the top when it hits a set temp

#23625 8 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

I had this issue too. I realized the rotating ramp was above the playfield and created a lip, which would occasionally result in the ball being launched. It’s been roughly 50 games since I adjusted it to be flush with the playfield and I haven’t seen the ball launch off of mecha since.

#23626 8 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it me, or that doesn’t look anything like 31,000 plays. Looks fantastic.

#23627 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomFocus:

Sounds like issue that PinMonk was describing recently. Bad caps on the driver board or something like that.

#23628 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomFocus:

The clicking is the Power Distribution Board (PDB). Stern doesn't seem to be screening their warranty replacement boards, so you may have received a low-spec board in exchange that still could not fix your issue.

If your replacement board is still clicking 20+ times, you still have a bad PDB. A lot more info on the problem here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-clicking-power-supply-fix

Could be a combination issue, too. Your lockup issue might also be related to your SD card being bad. Stern uses absolute crap SD cards. Try imaging a brand new Sandisk class 10. using Stern's imaging program instructions here:

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Re-imaging on a new card will not fix your clicking, but might eliminate a secondary factor in the lockups.

#23629 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The clicking is the Power Distribution Board (PDB). Stern doesn't seem to be screening their warranty replacement boards, so you may have received a low-spec board in exchange that still could not fix your issue.
If your replacement board is still clicking 20+ times, you still have a bad PDB. A lot more info on the problem here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-clicking-power-supply-fix
Could be a combination issue, too. Your lockup issue might also be related to your SD card being bad. Stern uses absolute crap SD cards. Try imaging a brand new Sandisk class 10. using Stern's imaging program instructions here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
Re-imaging on a new card will not fix your clicking, but might eliminate a secondary factor in the lockups.

I did install fresh SD card with latest software, it installed successfully no errors, but then locked up on selection screen for the what I’ll call the quick install option menu. I’ve notified my dealer and let him know about the possible bad PDB replacement. Will keep this forum post updated with new developments. Thanks for the quick reply, I hope to get this issue resolved soon so I can enjoy the game! GZ pinball is awesome!

#23630 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

the fan will push air out the top when it hits a set temp

Ok, good to know it doesn’t automatically come on at boot up and stay on. Everything powers up ok, screen works, sound works, lights, flippers, everything appears to work just fine, then 2-3 minutes into play the lights go off… flippers work for a little while after, then screen freezes where it was and stays frozen until I turn off power switch.

#23631 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomFocus:

I did install fresh SD card with latest software, it installed successfully no errors, but then locked up on selection screen for the what I’ll call the quick install option menu. I’ve notified my dealer and let him know about the possible bad PDB replacement. Will keep this forum post updated with new developments. Thanks for the quick reply, I hope to get this issue resolved soon so I can enjoy the game! GZ pinball is awesome!

There's also a microSD at the bottom of the CPU board. Might try reseating that. You may just have a bad CPU board...

#23632 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's also a microSD at the bottom of the CPU board. Might try reseating that. You may just have a bad CPU board...

I just reseated the micro SD and still get freeze, thanks for pointing this out I hadn’t seen this micro SD until you pointed it out. What is stored on the micro SD?

#23633 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomFocus:

I just reseated the micro SD and still get freeze, thanks for pointing this out I hadn’t seen this micro SD until you pointed it out. What is stored on the micro SD?

I assumed it was a scratch area for rom installs, but not sure. Maybe someone can chime in who knows.

#23634 8 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Yes I have several times.

#23635 8 months ago

I was going to purchase a Shooter Lane Kickout Protector Kit ( https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-ball-shooter-lane-kickout-protector-kit-for-stern-machines.html) but it looks like Stern has added one already to my Godzilla Premium? Am I right??
I'm new at this so no flames plz!

bslkpk (resized).jpgbslkpk (resized).jpg
#23636 8 months ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Happens quite a lot actually.

Although, my most frustrating shot is a weak shot off the top left flipper to the right ramp....halfway up the ramp and then SDTM every time.

#23637 8 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I was going to purchase a Shooter Lane Kickout Protector Kit ( https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-ball-shooter-lane-kickout-protector-kit-for-stern-machines.html) but it looks like Stern has added one already to my Godzilla Premium? Am I right??
I'm new at this so no flames plz![quoted image]

Yes, most all newer Stern pins have that particular piece installed from the factory. Lots of people still buy a protector for the wood portion of the shooter lane though. I don't worry about it personally.

#23638 8 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I'm new at this so no flames plz![quoted image]

Are you confusing that piece with Freddy’s shooter lane fix?

#23639 8 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Are you confusing that piece with Freddy’s shooter lane fix?

No, I just got the one at Lermods, designed by pinsider ABE_FLIPS. Haven't installed it yet. My plunger sucks so I'm hoping this will make things more accurate for skill shots. See no reason to add the other mod as Stern has a piece of metal directly opposite where the ball hits when it's ejected into the shooter lane so there's no bare wood to protect, right?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23640 8 months ago

Last newbie request (for tonight) what is the prevailing thought on plastic shooter lane protectors like the one at Mezel's or Cliffy's? I want to protect my first new pin as much as possible.

iron-maiden-shooter-lane-protector (resized).jpgiron-maiden-shooter-lane-protector (resized).jpg
#23641 8 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Last newbie request (for tonight) what is the prevailing thought on plastic shooter lane protectors like the one at Mezel's or Cliffy's? I want to protect my first new pin as much as possible.[quoted image]

I've got the Mezel version and it does exactly what it claims to do. A low cost way to keep that shooter Lane pristine, easy install also.

#23642 8 months ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Anyone else had an issue with insider connected home team not working on startup? on my Bond i can hold the left flipper and home team comes up. On GZ the left flipper hold to select only seems to work if i open the coin door, go into settings, back out and close the coin door.

Thank you soo much for mentioning the home team feature for IC. I'd never heard of it before your post. Loving it.
I thought I was smart having a little collection of laminated IC QR codes for me and friends to scan without pulling our phones out. But no. I actually was doing more work than I had to still.
This is one of my favourite things about Pinside. All the things that you can find on here that make pinball experiences better. Thanks again.

#23643 8 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Last newbie request (for tonight) what is the prevailing thought on plastic shooter lane protectors like the one at Mezel's or Cliffy's? I want to protect my first new pin as much as possible.

I've been happy with these. But...just know that you will probably have to adjust (bend) the shooter lane switch. It is not a big deal, but since you're a newbie, just something good to know in advance....

#23644 8 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome for you to show this. Looks like it’s handling the game play really well. Just curious, what kind of flipper flips are on the audit? And other things.

Thanks

#23645 8 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Last newbie request (for tonight) what is the prevailing thought on plastic shooter lane protectors like the one at Mezel's or Cliffy's? I want to protect my first new pin as much as possible.[quoted image]

Cliff is backed up with orders for several months. Even if he weren't, I prefer using Pindefenders (for sale on pinside). For Zilla I put on a blood red pindefender with a paw print. It's a pretty easy install but you may have to adjust ball sensor as another said. The way to test that is to see if the machine goes into ball search mode a few seconds after a ball gets loaded in the lane.

#23646 8 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I prefer the Cliffy or you can also just use some Mylar. Don't forget to turn down the trough eject power as well.

#23647 8 months ago

ANy fixes for scoop rejets besides play better? I seen one about removing the protector, is there other options?

#23648 8 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

ANy fixes for scoop rejets besides play better? I seen one about removing the protector, is there other options?

Try lowering flipper power a bit, all stern games are set too high in my opinion

#23649 8 months ago

IMO plastic shooter lane protectors are garbage they messed up the balls ejecting from the trough Cliffy is really the only way to go. In the meantime just mylar over shooter.

#23650 8 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

IMO plastic shooter lane protectors are garbage they messed up the balls ejecting from the trough Cliffy is really the only way to go. In the meantime just mylar over shooter.

i concur. it changed the friction and i went to cliffy for all. turned down the trough power to like 0 for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/473 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.