Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acedanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I tried to always have a font that matched the content of games I worked on, so I am intimately familiar with kerning tables. When I see monospaced text in some crap localization, it drives me bananas. Unfortunately, it's pretty common, still.
But yeah, if someone at Stern went all Steve Jobs and got onto fonts they could pretty quickly have some sweet tools to handle this stuff painlessly moving forward and get very legible theme-specific fonts on their pins. Wouldn't even have to drop acid first.

It's actually really referred to as typeface. Font is more specific. ie Myriad typeface variation is a "font" Myriad Bold italicized. Sorry, just had to split the atom on this one haha

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hmmm, learned something new today. Found this neat article that explains the differences well;
https://99designs.com/blog/tips/typeface-vs-font/
Thanks,
EV

Think of it as macro micro I'm only familiar with this because I'm a desktop publisher/designer...

1 year later
#18067 1 year ago

Tried scrubbing through all the posts please excuse me but what are the optimal feature settings for Upper Flipper, Trough, Eject Etc. Also what seems to be the best pitch for this pin as well as any flipper adjustments (droopy no droopy)TIA!! Loving the game so far!!

#18187 1 year ago

I noticed some magnetization any recommendations for balls TIA.

#18189 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Literally the last page is completely dedicated to which balls to use for magnet used pins.

Thank you sooooo much I just bought POLARIS balls.

#18191 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Search function is your friend peeps! It’s at the top of the thread. Find in this topic.

I get it!! Thanks, such amazzzzzing advice!!

#18198 1 year ago
Quoted from gcr3579:

Turn my GZ Pro on after adding some mods and now it loads up 2 balls for the start of the game. Does it through out the whole game. How do I make it stop doing this?

Do trough test. Then Try reseating trough board. Balls may be magnetized.

#18208 1 year ago
Quoted from gcr3579:

That was an extra one I removed from under the plastic on the manga grab. Should have left it there, it was the 7th ball. I thought it was trapped there for a multi ball but couldn't figure out how it got in there.

Captive ball

#18210 1 year ago

When you hit magna hard enough ball behind it hits switch.

2 weeks later
#18572 1 year ago

Is it normal as you twist shooter knob with fingers the shooter rod loses it's center point is there a way to correct?

#18574 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Sounds like a bent shooter rod or something is loose. Definitely not normal.

Well I have a spare shooter so I'll replace

#18609 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I think I have that already still wasn’t deep enough for top side nut that’s super super long ;
Anyways did you mean on the underside of the playfield use it? Or you mean it will be long enough to hold on top side while I use nut driver on underside
I have a learning disability so I apologize if I repeat a lot
Do you guys think I need another fat post on right side or play test with one on left;
Thanks again chuck you are too kind

Play test & have fun! If it doesn’t play well then just add post to right side.

#18629 1 year ago
Quoted from Marneus:

Hello Guys,
Just get my godzilla Premium last week, amazing machine of course but I have a pretty annoying issue, I though that maybe someone here could help.
At random moments during a game, the pinball machine detects that we're doing a crazy number of loops, like hundreds... which we of course didn't. It could
happened when we're not even in the "destruction jackpot loop". A good friend of mine just score 1 and a half billion just with the loop detection bug...
Help

I'd do a switch edge test make sure loop switch isn't binding up or flakey...

#18648 1 year ago

Doing a small run of 3D 4" hand painted Xiliens if there's any interest?

f11e0ad06b27b1f30daa015bf75bd80d9943b947 (resized).jpegf11e0ad06b27b1f30daa015bf75bd80d9943b947 (resized).jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 3.36.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-30 at 3.36.14 PM (resized).png

3b93610cea8810e04ff718884f7747bd53a04671 (resized).jpeg3b93610cea8810e04ff718884f7747bd53a04671 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#18818 1 year ago

Does new code have challenge modes?

#18822 1 year ago

Damn I was hoping for a challenge mode...

#18826 1 year ago
Quoted from maroot:

I am expecting my Premium next week. However I have been reading about how hard it is to remove the glass. I have PDI glass ready to install, but wondered if using the suction cup method of removal might damage the glass coating. Any advice?

I had super tight glass I loosened the rails still tight but way better.

1 week later
#19066 1 year ago

Dead flipping helps to slow ball down to cradle too.

3 weeks later
#19539 1 year ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Joined the club also after 2 years
First replaced stern balls
Then few games in ball keeps getting stuck here
Anyone made a cool mod for preventing this ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Probably could put this in just a dab of hot glue should do the trick.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8319-13

#19728 1 year ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

During Gameplay my Tesla Tower has broken (there was no hit with the ball).
I am dissapointed of the stability.
Was from the first run.[quoted image][quoted image]

You probably can repair with soldering iron... just wear a mask & carefully weld/fuse the plastic together with a little bit of heat.

#19732 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

definitely do not do this. the plastic will deform before it gets hot enough to bond. You'll ruin it.
Just use superglue... for a bit more stability you could also superglue a small splint on the back where you can't see.

I've been 3d printing for years & building props. Super glue/activator doesn't hold long term. Trust me yes it will deform slightly but go slow & weld it use at a low temp. It will never break in that spot again. If you are worried about it looking bad you can use some bondo with acetone & brush over then sand/paint. I'm pretty sure that I know what I'm talking about . Trust me there's not enough surface area to apply superglue the plastic will just crack apart a splint will work but IMO welding is the most effective repair.
IMG_4222 (resized).jpgIMG_4222 (resized).jpg

IMG_4199 (resized).JPGIMG_4199 (resized).JPG

#19738 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Those are really cool. Here's my e-peen:
Anyway. He will probably ruin it with a soldering iron. super glue will work fine. He literally just needs one piece to sit on top of another piece until it gets smashed by a ball and breaks again (Sure, maybe it won't break in your weld spot again but it will break at one of the other 1000ish layer laminations.)
Fun fact: the arms of the tower are glued on by the mod maker.
Second fun fact: intentionally broke mine as soon as I got it so I could rotate it 90 degrees (dont like how one is not facing same way as others). Guess how I reattached it? 1500+ games later and it's still perfectly fine.

Person ally I have had the worst luck with super glueing pieces of plastic together; I have had much success with welding it does take some experience. I do not own this mod so I'm not sure how many mm it is in all fairness. Even without a direct hit I would think from all the vibrations alone & it would crack off again. But good point even if its welded well ball could still hit & crack it another stress point.

Very cool Mod!! Rush I'm guessing? lol If I need to use glue I usually will use epoxy but with really small items such as this it's almost impossible to get the applicator to do a clean job!! Carry-on I guess we all do what works best for all of us.

#19755 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Question:
This is my first Stern. Been playing the hell out of our Premium. The bridge magnet and some of the metal ball guides are losing some of their 'chrome' after about 200 games. Is this normal?
Note etching below Mechagodzilla's right hand. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes totally normal.

#19775 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Alright gang, its time for me to give this thing its first cleaning. Ive never owned a pin before,
Ive heard everything from just use rubbing alcohol on it, to waxing, etc.
there are the usual teeny dents on the playfield here and there, if there is some kind of wax/something i can put on it to help smooth out the playfield in between cleanings, that would be dope.
The threads i find in regard to cleaning seem to be years old and not sure if the finishes and products used today are still the same/etc or if i just need to wipe it down with a rag and some alcohol and call it good or something?
Thanks.

I do a light coat of Mothers Carnauba wait 25 minutes then carefully in small circles with just the weight of the microfiber cloth & wax off. No novus 2 unless you have really stubborn ball trails. Once waxed you will notice that it plays faster/harder. Also clean the balls with Alcohol. Plastics Novus 1.
Napatha use very little & be careful it's great for cleaning rubbers.

#19777 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Thanks, Yeah Im wondering if i get the standard stuff I am seeing like the novus products or pinhedz and use that if i will be fine generally or want to use stuff like mothers carnauba and alc instead or something, thanks!

IMO Novus is too abrasive I'd stick with a wax Blitz wax is good too!

1 week later
#19967 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It's funny you mention "let someone else enjoy it" because that's part of my reasoning for buying pins and getting them into VT - pins for sale are relatively rare up here so I figure when I sell, "the area" gets a chance to get pins locally they otherwise wouldn't. Like a month old GZ.

I scored over a billion points the first night I had it here - progressing isn't really the issue. The lack of "This feels good" is my issue. And it's definitely -my- issue, which is fine.

I'd sell now; before supply catches up with demand so you can at least break-even. Too bad you're not feeling it. My suggestion is to attend Pintastic this year & play until you find something that really clicks then buy. Goodluck.

1 week later
#20141 1 year ago

Is that legal to sell?

lol like any of the mod makers have IP rights to sell any of this shit... C'mon now!?

#20143 1 year ago

Yeah, I totally get that, but they don't have a giant Stern logo like that with a still operating company

Scale matters not; could be the size of a dime or ten feet tall ip is still ip if you don’t have permission to use & you are profiting.

#20199 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Hello, I know people’s thoughts on the value of mods can vary, but does anyone think the Stumblor Tokyo Neon sign mod is not worth $221 USD? Seems pricey for such a small item.

Depends on if you're going to keep the game for a while; if not you might lose a couple of bucks. Def, one of the nicest mods for GZ I just ended up 3D printing this one.

On a side note does anyone have a video of the drake building mod for a pro... I just ordered one. TIA

IMG_4263 (resized).JPGIMG_4263 (resized).JPG
#20239 1 year ago
Quoted from flipright:

Congrats! I have over 1k games on my premium and just broke 400 million the other day. I don't get why some games I can easily get over 100 million and others not over 50 million. I'm new to pinball and this is my first home pin so I'm hoping my shots and timing get better. Some days it's so frustrating when it feels like the ball just doesn't want to stay in play.

Try following some of the strategies in this video

#20258 1 year ago

I honestly don't see how there's room for them to keep making them for years along with all the other new games that have been successful.

I own it because I like it not because I'm looking to flip it & make a couple of bucks. I know Stern is in a much larger facility now so who knows.

#20301 1 year ago

GNR has tons & tons of BLING; but zero ZING!! IMO I don't think I'd even want one at 7k. GZ for the win always fun, challenging & gives me that one more time feeling

#20341 1 year ago

I tried searching couldn't really find a definitive resolve; regarding proper coil strength settings for left/right flippers I have mine set to 250 & upper set to 180. What's the stock setting & or recommendation for optimized setting. Thanks.

#20381 1 year ago

blowme-blow.gifblowme-blow.gif
#20412 12 months ago

Installed the Drake upgrade building for my Pro if you're thinking of upgrading it's totally worth it!! Tricky to install but it's a total game changer!!

#20437 12 months ago

So no challenge mode yet damn

#20468 12 months ago

I have a pro & did update. Everything looked and played well. Then I noticed I had tech alert for node board. I rebooted & it’s gone. Has anyone else had a ghost issue like this?

#20470 12 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I booted once and the start button didn’t work.. go to switch test and sure enough it was reading it ok, but game wouldn’t start.. reboot fixed it.

Very strange I was worried that it was a sign that something was one the verge of failing.

#20472 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

He tried. Chrome Candy mod is same as Lermods but stainless steel instead of plastic. I agree with you that it's essential but I'm not sure why it didn't help him.

I think you need these https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html & https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html I'm going to install in mine.

#20475 12 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The playfield alignment plates were missing on earlier GZ builds. Note there is a left and right plate with difference part numbers (mirror image of each other), so if your machine is missing those, not a bad idea to order and install one on each side.
Aligning the shooter tip more consistently is never a bad idea…

Ya mine doesn't have them & it's a may 2022 build. Def need to do it because there's too much play PF isn't centered. I'm hoping it helps.

#20541 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I just removed my goodie bag last week, but I didn't open it. I am leaving it unopened in the back of the cabinet.
I had to remove mine due to its placement. It was right on top of the cabinet speaker and was the cause of all sorts of plastic bag rattle. I tried rolling it up, moving it out the way, bending it. Nothing worked. I couldn't take it anymore, so as I said, I removed it and placed it (unopened) at the back of the cabinet.
Anyone else have that issue with bag rattling?

Same. I moved mine too because I heard slight buzzing.

#20609 11 months ago

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Yeah, I always put the pf down easy and right into its drop slots. Never off kilter, left or right. That's not the issue. The rod itself is legitimately off. I'd have to loosen the rod housing, center it and tighten it. That's the only way to fix that issue. I'll do that when the new shooter rod gets here. Looking forward to it.
That aside, I do have those in my PBL basket with some other things I'm buying for it, including the mod extension power board and some wires. I just wasn't done with the order yet. I'll have to finish that off and place an order.
Thanks brother!

I think when you lower & center PF from vibrations & nudging it has enough play 20 - 50mm to shift over. I just bought my switch plates I'll update everyone after they're installed.

#20612 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dumb question - where do these mount?

Inside of cabinet for some odd reason some runs have them & some don't

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Question for those who've downloaded the new update code:
When you download the new code, does it still keep track of your total games played and balls played?
My machine only has 107 games played on it right now, and if everything resets to zero after the update, I want to take pics for proof before I update it.
Thanks.

Should keep everything

#20675 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The advertising for this product is annoying at this point. I usually stay quiet on stuff like this. But this sign in particular irritates me. Half of the product is the Stern logo. Now, I don't know if this product is licensed or not. I'm gonna guess no. If that's the case, and I'm not saying I'm right, then it's just plain wrong. As much as people criticize Stern for being "money hungry," etc. They do make games that many, many people spend THOUSANDS of dollars on. So they must be doing something right. To use their logo on an independent product is unethical. If it's licensed, then goody for you, and good luck.
I'm also tired of the marketing on this thread. We are inundated with advertising EVERYWHERE we go. Can we have ONE thread where we just talk about the game and not try to market our products? There are threads for that. I don't have a problem with people sharing their joys and accessories for the game. But MANY of these posts are suspiciously close to marketing.
#rantover

All mod makers are acting UNETHICAL according to you none of them have any IP rights.

#20679 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

That's a good point. But is it violating any law if they don't have the Stern logo on it? I don't know the answer. But I don't think so. But maybe, if they are selling a figure that is copyrighted, right? But if it's a mod like that illuminated sign (don't know what it's called, gets great reviews, etc.) would it be against copyright? I'm guessing no, but I am not a lawyer. Nevertheless I think that sign with the giant STERN logo on it would be. That seems clear.
Look, I'm not trying to hijack the thread with this. But I doubt I am the only one that feels this way.

Prob not too much of an issue I only say this because I'm pretty sure they only did a handful of them. But mod makers I don't think they have IP rights to make maser cannons & Oxygen Destroyers

#20697 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Need some help (if there is any) for a shot issue - if it can be called that.
So the shot just to the left of the center building shot (apologies I don't know what that shot is called) when I hit (intentional or not) it makes that short turn and comes out of the building and SDTM every single time. It doesn't matter whether its hard, soft, slow, fast type of shot it goes SDTM the middle - always.
No amount of shaking as its coming out of the building helps this issue.
Game is at about 6.9 or so and is level side to side. I have unleveled the game (both ways) to try an alleviate this issue but same thing still happens.
Does anyone else have this issue is there anything I can do to remedy it?
It has become incredibly frustrating as I know if the ball goes to that spot its gone - again doesn't matter if I hit that shot intentionally or not.
TIA for any suggestions

Nudge

#20780 11 months ago

Rough design for topper that I’ll 3d print.

IMG_4561 (resized).jpegIMG_4561 (resized).jpeg
#20783 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Trim the nails a bit maybe? slightly less curved? The ZY art already is a bit exaggerated from the Showa Godzilla... the long, more slinder, more curved claws on yours give off a more malevolent vibe... Godzilla is not malevolent, he's just a bit clumsy and maybe slight anger issues.
[quoted image]

Agreed; but the overall design system for this pin is already broken

#20789 11 months ago

I really like what you are showing, and can only imagine the time it might take to finish the design and then PRINT the thing out in pieces.
Consider where you might want to add some interactive lighting in the design. Simple integration could be a cheap sound-activated controller and a strip of controlled LEDS to change LED modes based on sounds from the game play itself. Take a look at the SP107E with built in sound detector. $8 or so shipped. And a 3-foot strip of WS2812B LEDs is another $8 or so. The SP107E could drive the LED strip placed inside your print and printed in translucent FILAMENT in certain places.
Just a thought...

Thanks!! this is just a rough concept for now... probably going to simplify it to make it easier to print in layers. For lights I was thinking of adding a red lens behind windows & tying some cool white LED strips to the back & possibly tie one Red Flasher in. This will take weeks but for the dimension I'm thinking 18X9 & 6" deep. I'll start putting more time in once I'm done with this project. Oh & yes three fingers this was more of a conceptional direction to get me started.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#20791 11 months ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Are those the little dudes from Mando that work on droids?

Yes & fist appearance from TFA Babu Frik

#20796 11 months ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Force Awakens doesn’t have Babu

lol tlj oops

#20801 11 months ago
#20860 11 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I'm working on improving the ball shooter, it's been rattle-y since I got the game a couple weeks ago and it really bothers me. This builds on prior threads by fooflighter:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/280#post-7087445
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/281#post-7088176
I've done several things from this advice, will share to help others, but also to get pointers moving forward. I have made progress: it shoots much better now, but is still not to my satisfaction.
The first step was stabilizing my playfield, as it would shift by 3-4mm if I pulled on the front of the PF left/right. If that isn't stable, then aligning the shooter rod won't do much good.

I think I may of found a quick/simpler solution. I applied two small pieces of velcro felt on top of each other (results may vary; apply one velcro felt first) on the right side directly to the playfield towards the front. No more shift I now get roughly 85% of clean skill-shot opposed to 50%.

1 week later
#21003 11 months ago
Quoted from heynonny:

Hey all - I recently installed Precision Halos on my GZ and AIQ - love the looks and the feels. On GZ though, both left flippers are now way weak - upper flipper now rarely hits the loop and the lower flipper only hits the ramp 25% of the time. AIQ - all good. Any suggestions on what could be the issues? I replaced coil stops and sleeves on all - looked at EOS and seems good - spacing seems good with playfield/flipper bat.... No tech alerts - Coil tests work - Node Board tests ok... What else could it be? Thanks

Try bumping coil strength up a bit

#21101 11 months ago

Anyone interested 35 free shipping Mechazilla I upgraded.

Pinside_forum_7586674_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7586674_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7586674_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7586674_1 (resized).jpg
#21151 11 months ago

IMO playfield protectors add drag & you will end up with some dust between protector & playfield. I'm no fan!!!
My analogy it's like sex its better without a condom.

#21154 11 months ago
Quoted from Willey:

Would be nice to know how many of you have a Godzilla and have not installed playfield protector on it?

Probably the same amount of people who still put plastic over their living room furniture.

#21195 11 months ago

That has to be one of the silliest mods half of it is installed on the bottom of the PF Why did they do that??

PBL-100-0163-00 (3)_236x300 (resized).jpgPBL-100-0163-00 (3)_236x300 (resized).jpg
#21199 11 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Because it all wouldn't fit? That is funny, though. Not something anyone would expect to see that's for sure!

Cut it in half then 3m sorry but that's just kinda stupid.

#21201 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Probably because it's hilarious! If they're starting with a full figure anyway, may as well include the other half.

I've seen a lot of mods this one wins most ridiculous

#21209 11 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Does it?
[quoted image]

ya that's disturbing but def a decent competitor... WTF

#21243 11 months ago

Starting test run of topper; probably take 2-3 weeks. This will epoxy onto plexiglass-glass which will have magnetic strips to hold in place. Hole through plexiglass-glass up through bottom of neck with LED usb (still need to research correct one to buy) eyes will have blue somewhat opaque material hot glued from inside.

IMG_4717 (resized).jpgIMG_4717 (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 4.06.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-05-24 at 4.06.53 PM (resized).png
#21247 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Looks pretty sweet…and I’m not a topper guy

Thanks. If it works I might upload stls for free.

#21253 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks pretty cool - will the rest of his body be inside the backbox?

Unfortunately I only have 10 inches height to work with so whatever. It’s just for me if it others like it I’ll provide a free stl.

#21301 10 months ago

Plus one for street decal

#21379 10 months ago

So glad I didn't buy one... ugh that is really bad IMO.

#21490 10 months ago

I'm very happy with how my 3d printed modular Topper is coming along!!

#21522 10 months ago
GZ (resized).jpgGZ (resized).jpg
#21761 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

This is the latest mock up of my topper attempt.
The white background is just for the photo. I will likely just leave blank wall behind it rather than attempt to come up with some sort of cityscape. And I'll light the figures with USB spotlights from Amazon.
About $175 for for the sign. About $110 for the figures and $15 for a black shelf from Amazon. I had screws, black paint and scrap wood lying around. Spotlights were like $10
If I want a custom hurry up mode I'll pay a prostitute a couple of hundred dollars to cradle my pinballs while I'm playing.
So all in about $400 less than Stern's official topper.[quoted image]

What black shelf did you order? Thanks.

#21879 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Donut Day !!!
here a link to upload and share the files:
https://www.transfernow.net/

GoogleDrive

#22044 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

First video I have seen of the topper in action. Looks better in the video but still a poor, lazy effort from Stern IMHO

lool the video makes it look even worse & more cheesy. Worst topper ever IMO.

#22048 10 months ago
Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 10.53.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-07 at 10.53.00 AM (resized).png
#22157 10 months ago
Quoted from smoore3:

On a Pro, I have an issue with my left slingshot where it fires at random during gameplay. There are a few hundred plays on the machine, and this just started happening all of a sudden. At first I thought it might be vibration related either during nudging or caused by the shaker motor, but it is happening at random even when I am cradling the ball on a flipper.
Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

purchase some leaf switches easy fix adjust it with power off.

#22162 10 months ago

Mine is coming along need to redo job due to some settings being off.

IMG_4773 (resized).jpgIMG_4773 (resized).jpg
#22164 10 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Looking sweet, have you printed the hands yet?

I re-ran the job again lost some teeth so I'm cleaning it up & epoxying the teeth in. The head pretty much took up an entire roll of material. Ordered another roll so starting left arm hopefully this weekend. Thanks man I'll post a pic as soon it's done.

#22168 10 months ago

Teeth fixed first layer of primer then putty & sand prime again.

IMG_4795 (resized).jpegIMG_4795 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4796 (resized).jpegIMG_4796 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4797 (resized).jpegIMG_4797 (resized).jpeg
#22257 10 months ago

IMG_4813 (resized).jpegIMG_4813 (resized).jpegIMG_4814 (resized).jpegIMG_4814 (resized).jpeg
#22259 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

The Challenge Mode being locked behind a $1000 add-on item is utter horsecrap.
This should be released to everyone, just like Jurassic Park Escape from Isla Nublar.
Absolute Dick Move by Stern.
RM

I think stern will eventually release challenge mode for everyone if not I agree that’s f up.

#22277 10 months ago
tumblr_lz7qak07II1rn95k2o1_500.giftumblr_lz7qak07II1rn95k2o1_500.gif
#22279 10 months ago

It's a software 'jumper'. The topper has a real node-board in it, and the CPU detects that additional node board to enable the additional modes (and controller any animation/integrated machinery the wish to put into a topper). In theory, someone could terminate the RS485 network connector under the playfield with a device that responds to the RS485 protocol with the correct information, but that would take some fancy RS485 snooping to understand their protocol, WHICH IS EXPLICITELY FORBIBBEN in your owner's agreement that ships with the machine.

You could always just take the glass off every time you want to play that mode get there by cheating then put the glass back on

#22295 10 months ago

I wonder if stern could possibly send you a patch if you subscribe/pay for features? It's ridiculous for Stern to only let 1000 people have access to challenge mode. Not everyone has space for a topper. I feel eventually they will release it to everyone time will tell.

#22329 10 months ago

Love my topper even though it doesn’t give me the extra mode. More work to do. Almost done.

IMG_4860 (resized).jpegIMG_4860 (resized).jpegIMG_4865 (resized).jpegIMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
#22343 10 months ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

My topper has some interaction when playing, but not much. Now it doesn’t do anything when in attract mode.

Lol 1k

#22439 10 months ago

The topper isn't worth the $$ I wouldn't even pay 500 for one IMO the plume looks like a weird pillow coming out of Godzillas hand it just doesn't look right. As far as the mode cool; but I bet 95% of most people after a week will not even remember it's there. When I had JP I played escape from nublar like couple of doesn't times then I never really played it again. It would be cool to get a challenge mode eventually; but ultimately the vast majority of us don't play the pins for the challenge modes.

#22444 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

People who haven't seen the topper in person, will be in for a nice surprise..just sayin..don't completely knock it down until you see one in person.

LED show is great; Just saying for a thousand dollars though? Scratching my head there's so many other things you can do with that sort of money it's too much IMO.

#22447 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I have always said that this retails for too much. Actually $799.99 would have been the sweet spot.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

#22468 10 months ago

Quoted from izzy:

I'm glad I made my own topper last year. Slightly interactive, in that if a certain switch is hit on the playfield, GZ spine glows, the other monsters fly and his fire breath is activated on the BG. I made my own fire breath mod as well.
[quoted image]

Very nice!! Great work.

#22484 10 months ago

Yup. Topper is kinda weak. There’s lots you could spend 1k on. This topper isn’t one!

1. Weekend trip with wife
2. Small house projects
3. Nice electric guitar
4. A nice concert or sporting event
5. Electronics new tv iPad laptop etc.

So much more!!
I built my topper for under 100 bucks and I get a shadow too!!
IMG_4882 (resized).jpegIMG_4882 (resized).jpeg

#22512 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You should make your topper and sell it!

Too much work it was fun building it for myself I’ll share stl link soon.

1 week later
#22778 9 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

So, what are people’s thoughts on pinstadiums on Godzilla pros? Since I won’t have expression lights on this model, I figured it would probably be nice to help illuminate the playfield a bit more. (My wife hates dim playfields more than she enjoys light shows)
Also is the price fair? They strike me as kinda expensive and their sale’s page gets a fair number of downvotes. I’d hate to spend the money and it be crappy quality or something.

Pros:
They eliminate glare
Fully programable brightness colors etc.
Completely lights up PF

Cons:
Need to remember that they're there before lifting PF
Usually don't get $$ back on it when you sell
Very expensive

Try for a while to play without them IMO it's not needed you get used to it as is/stock.

#22798 9 months ago

Just installed the naegle building really fills up the game! Love it!

IMG_4931 (resized).jpegIMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
#22800 9 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I like the xilien by the scoop!

I found it on eBay. I’m selling this one unpainted 35 shipped.

IMG_4933 (resized).jpegIMG_4933 (resized).jpeg
#22802 9 months ago

Loving my topper I shared stls curious to see how others build it.

IMG_4934 (resized).jpegIMG_4934 (resized).jpeg
#22817 9 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

And I like the mechagodzilla! Where did you get it? It’s the flat plastic that I noticed the most on my pro.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-figure.html comes with red & clear lens.

#22820 9 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

Just put in also, it does look good, hard to imagine that spot without it now, unfortunately sucks up a little of the spotlight though....

True I noticed the same so I moved spot a little to the right.

1 week later
#22971 9 months ago

I 3d printed mine & used zip ties.

IMG_4955 (resized).jpgIMG_4955 (resized).jpg
#22985 9 months ago

Seriously, goodie bags are completely inconsequential. I've never been like OMG it still has goodie bag. I usually take mine out. And I don't save any cardboard from the box

1 week later
#23262 9 months ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Hey all, just got my GZ Premium. Everything seems good, except the plunger is weak and rattly as hell. Screws are tight and noticed that its not aligned to the ball, it hits off to the right, not square.
Any suggestions?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/285#post-7098733

#23361 8 months ago

Any pro owners interested in my sign 15 plus shipping. Upgrading to Tokyo neon sign.

IMG_5066 (resized).jpegIMG_5066 (resized).jpegIMG_5070 (resized).jpegIMG_5070 (resized).jpeg

IMG_5066 (resized).jpegIMG_5066 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#23649 8 months ago

IMO plastic shooter lane protectors are garbage they messed up the balls ejecting from the trough Cliffy is really the only way to go. In the meantime just mylar over shooter.

#23652 8 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I have a plastic shooterlane protector in combo with a metal shooterlane skillshot optimizer and works like a charm

Maybe I did something wrong but long story short mine’s sitting in a landfill now

#23654 8 months ago
Quoted from Clovenhuf:

Damn bridge coil burned up on me, of course during a billion point game. Machine was making a knocking sound under the playfield, (the bridge mech seizing) and then smoke started piling up under the glass, (coil jacket melting). I immediately opened the door at that point and took a look under the hood. My machine is still under warranty, how do you go about setting up a ticket with Stern?
Thanks,
[quoted image]

I'd try ordering another coil if not you might be waiting a long time for Stern; but I'd call & see if any of the techs might think there might be another an underlying issue.

3 weeks later
#23993 7 months ago

Plus one for Freddy skill shot optimizer shoots perfectly now!! Finally loool

1 week later
#24155 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Obviously not! The Stern topper is awesome. I would wait for the next Stern topper.

both Toppers are an easy pass for me

#24189 7 months ago

Here’s my topper in action. https://vimeo.com/862875039

#24236 7 months ago
Quoted from french1canadian2:

I just received my Freddy’s shooter lane fix and, as others have stated, it’s kind of filthy. The inside doesn’t look terrible but the outside has some kind of sticker and grime all over it.
I’m not the most handy guy, but what would you recommend using to clean this baby up?
As for installation, just remove the two screws holding the metal level plate, remove that piece of metal, and replace with the Freddy’s piece? Any other advice would be awesome.
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

goo gone & some isopropyl alcohol comes right off then buff with microfiber it's just residue from glue.

#24283 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:Looking good Panzer-such a great game-welcome to the club!
-I notice one more modification you can make. Take your fingernail and pry off the Insider Sticker off the back box-then place nicely in your coindoor for storage. Looks better without it-imo
Or throw it away but if you want to keep it just put in on some wax paper in the coin box.

#24284 7 months ago

When are they going to come out with bluetooth headphone capabilities?

#24307 7 months ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Any suggestions on best way to handle the scoop eject?
I know its user error, but when I leave it to a dead bounce the result is unpredictable, when I try to flip catch it causes other problems. Both seem to result in it magically going up and over into an outlain. Skill obviously is an issue, but curious to how people handle it as it causes more outlain drains than I care to admit.

light nudge

#24363 6 months ago
Quoted from PinDjarin:

I’ve had my Godzilla Pro for over a year and for the first time my ramp and scoop lights went out. The shots were registering but no lights. I logged out of IC and restarted the machine and it seems fine now. Weird.

report to stern it may just be software bug?

4 months later
#26811 67 days ago

30 free shipping unpainted. Last one.

IMG_6191 (resized).jpegIMG_6191 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acedanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=acedanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.