IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2190 2 years ago

The pro plays FAST, there's going to be less stop/go with it other than the newton magnet.

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Just got my LE - did a Godzilla keychain come with the machine? I didn't see one

Not in your goodie bag?

3 weeks later
#3956 2 years ago

I've seen a couple custom powder coats, ripped through the image gallery for the thread. I've seen a bright/dark (make sense)? sparkle green and a kind of burnt orange/orangish red so far.. Anyone else seen some beauty colors done on armour yet?
I don't think this silver on the LE is particularly for me. just seems to be a bit "off" to match the rest. This may have been talked about at nauseum already? i've been in and out of the thread.

Thx to anyone.

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Those plastic protectors look fantastic. Did you get them from Freddy's Pinball Paradise? I've been looking for a complete set of luminescent protectors. I think these might be the only full 21 piece set offered currently?

I found them here.

https://pu-parts.com/clip-godzilla-premium-le-yellow

#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Adding custom Mechagodzilla armor artwork to my Premium.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap

Either gonna epic or too busy, I guess we shall wait and see!!

Nice artwork and creativity

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is there a place to get these in North America?

Other than driving to their storefront, what would it matter it they ship to your door?
Unless they don't

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Not an owner yet, but this game is the first new game that I got giddy playing on the first game. What a blast, so many shots, all fun.
Game is a home run for sure, just wish they could produce them faster haha.

Same! I got to play on location and i was so pumped.

I'm in the wait game for mine to come next year. After playing I was "soooo in for one"

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

My Pro is supposed to be delivered Monday. Woot! But I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a Premium Translight? I really like the Prem. Translight, but don't actually feel like I need all the extra features. The Pro is enough for me on this one.
Does anyone sell them, or are there any owners that have a spare for some reason?

Ideas anyway..

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=godzilla&post_type=product

#4144 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Why can't I find stern artblades for my premium? Or what am I missing? Lmk thanks.

Not out yet.
Third party stuff been made so far.

#4260 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Speaking the ufo bumper I have not seen anything about the new one from the art of pinball,sold through the little shop of games,
Pricey buy it is just want a lot of owners wanted.low profile

I got a special email about it this week available for purchase. only 500 made

#4478 2 years ago

Speakers are inexpensive.
First thing I do is replace front and sub in new sterns with much better and inexpensive speakers.

Add in a small $45 amp and you’re in business to crank it up. Feel it

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Are official Stern art blades coming?

I’m sure they won’t be far behind here. But I have no idea how they don’t have their shit like this ready when the pin comes out??
It’s like they hand their sales over to third parties right off the bat.

2 weeks later
#5534 2 years ago

Didn't check the thread for a little bit. 576 unread posts

This'll take a while

#5818 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

PL's cost 4x as much to ship to me, making that price difference null and void, at least in my case

Yeah,......... so you like my shipping options?

errrr......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5939 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I see a lot of talk about flipper coil fade, anybody have shooter lane coil fade? Mine just did, I turned the power up and that helped a bit. I'll let it sit for a while and see if that helps.

Check for a bad solder?

#6084 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I'm noticing I have to clean and wax my LE MUCH more often than my other games. If I don't it every 15-20 games or so, I start getting the drains from everywhere, less flipper juice,etc. Wondering if others are experiencing this.

Never, EVER should you have wax every 15-20 games, that's a joke. Think about this.... your flippers are weak because your not waxing enough.....?

#6345 2 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

I confirmed my order on September 27th. Not sure if that was early enough to get an early 22 run. Looks like it wasn’t.

Probably would have been all due to how many your distro had spoken for and if you caught the March or August builds in their allotment.
I got in mid-November and I have March build grouping.

1 week later
#6649 2 years ago

Hey nice stuff.

I have a pet peeve though.... if you're gonna use cable ties, got to use flush cuts man...got the sharp hangers on the ends!!!!

1 week later
#7174 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Kinda ruins the secret..

I'd rather completely fluke discover it and be able to yell "fuckin' eh"!!

#7284 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I run a USB extension cable into the cab when I set up a game. Then download the update and plug the USB stick in through the coin door. Some how Stern managed introduce wifi updates and make it a step backwards, at least for my game.

Exactly!

So easy....

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Extension-Cable-Male-Female/dp/B00NH12O5I/ref=sr_1_1

#7357 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

My feedback for stern connect is that achievement numbers are FAR too low for HUO machines.
The verified should be separate as those are like related to $$ but for ones that are just complete they need to drastically pump those numbers up.
Less than 100 plays on my machines and some of the lifetime achievements are done already.
[quoted image]
It would also be nice to see really detailed stats around everything in the game.
Length of games, number, duration, score rate in various multiballs.
That sort of thing.
Link those to opt-in for automatic/in progress lifetime achievements in game notifications.
"You are now on/Most ever loops/That was your longest xxxx ever! - previous best 15 mins!"
Give the player some sense of their own personal goals.

I get a lot of those stats in my R&M audits. it's neat

#7383 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I am beyond furious right now.....
4 months checking Stern website for Godzilla accessories......checking 4 times a day......waiting waiting waiting for them to be listed for sale.
Just saw they popped up on Stern's website this morning! Art blades, shooter rod, armor.........INSTA SOLD OUT
WTF Stern? Seriously?? Can't find them listed in stock anywhere.

Maybe they aren't sold out, but they just created the product and they haven't entered in the stock yet

#7436 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I just orderd a premium from nitro for the “late fall” run. Anyone bought from nitro before? I’m pumped, but it’s gonna be a long wait…..

My order awaits from Nitro also. They will do you right.

#7459 2 years ago

I get it, I get it. But PLEASE, let's not take the Godzilla thread here where it "could" go.

Godzilla, godzilla.........

#7613 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

No bragging rights with scores earned with those "award" extra balls

No shame, i'll take all I can get

1 week later
#7876 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wow. That sounds amazing. Great innovation!! Can't believe I haven't heard of this till now.
I almost wish I did have a switch issue, cuz I'd love to try one of these. But great to know there's an innovative solution out there for this issue, for sure! Thanks for your response to my question.

Have a couple on my Rick & Morty - legit product, lots of help. Anytime that wireform can be in the way or direct the ball a small variant in direction. These are just "there", they don't really exist...ha

#8064 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Just added the Stern blades, look great and so much easier to put on after you pull the playfield. Only have to remove 3 connecters and a data cable.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your rubber choice!
I am still waiting for my pin, but I have green flippers with clear for then rest already in hand.

I also remove my PF when adding art blades, soooo much easier to work!

#8149 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I did art blades in my IMDN and seemed fairly easy with the PF in. I haven't got my GZ yet so.......so is there a reason it'd be tougher on GZ? Just curious without having mine yet

Naw, wouldn't be any different. I just meant in general, its real nice to do it without PF in

p.s. - I also swap out the cheap assed speaker in cab and hit both a same time.

#8151 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Curious what you replaced the cabinet speaker with? I've been reading up in this thread, and others, and the CS5 set from Kicker sounds like the best pick for the backbox pair, but I'm interested to hear what's recommended for the 8inch downfiring speaker?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000CQEIZ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

This is what i've tossed in about 4 pins - I think I bought them for like under $30 CAD though.

1 week later
#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Somebody posted a video of some under cabinet RGB lighting that would sync with the pop bumper colors. I can not find the video or any information on this MOD. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

You would just have to install a RGB strip and hook it up to the connection of the pop. Not childs play, but if you can pull that stuff off it wouldn't be difficult.

#8517 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

19k is absurd, ugh.

I'm assuming it would be used already as I don't think Flipnout sells above mrsp for new

#8519 2 years ago

the next 4-5 weeks i think here

#8521 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

He has bought into the craziness. A lot above….way above msrp[quoted image]

I was clearly incorrect!

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

My sentiments Exactly.

Yup! Blend it in

#8637 2 years ago

I pretty much turn all my scoop eject power down & my ball eject to shooter lane down. They're usually cranked up too much I feel.

#8639 2 years ago

I just did it by feel. Knocked the trough way down, if it didn't punch it out, it turned it up a bit.
Same as scoop, just knocked 'er down until it wasn't rifling out

#8698 2 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Was able to play a GZ Premium tonight and really enjoyed the game. Im thinking of selling a lot of my other pins to
Pick this one up. It’s really fun to shoot and I really love the look and feel of the machine. Also was able to
Play Jurassic Park Premium, which is another game I was thinking of getting and I prefer Godzilla over JP. Anyone know when the next batch of premiums is supposed to
Hit distributors?

I sold two of my pins in the fall to order my GZ Prem. I'm excited as this may not be far away for receiving.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

What balls do you suggest?

This could go so many ways....lol

#8737 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Just put down my deposit for my Premium (first NiB and first Premium - had to sell my IM to make it happen, but at least they are both Elwin!).
Just read through a few pages of the posts, and wanted to check if there's anything I should be getting before it arrives. I'm getting a shaker motor for sure and already have a Voodoo glass for it. I saw I should replace the rubbers. Anything else? The Premium doesn't come with art blades correct? The seem like another good addition (had them on the IM and they were great)
Super pumped to get this game at home - one of my dream IPs and the extras on the Premium took it to the next level for me.

Well, you may as well read all 175 pages... you will for sure get your game before 2024

2 weeks later
#9178 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
I'm thinking of removing the playfield and glass to make it easier on me and the wife to move it downstairs to its proper location.
Good idea, bad idea? Best to wait until someone can come over to help with it still wrapped up?
[quoted image]

Sure, remove it, its super easy and will be much lighter.

I'll remove mine to add the art blades (much easier with pf out) and i'll swap out my cabinet speaker at same time and put a big beauty in. Makes it much easier to work in.

#9181 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Can u rent a nice dolly at U haul locations? Or use a handyman service app that offers moving services, etc.

Dolly's are like $40 are they not? Cheap and can use it for years

#9218 2 years ago

I don' think it's even remotely an asinine response

#9297 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Inscribed solutions arrived today, gz and rush. Very nice quality, perfect fit. Well done!!. Now, if only I had them for Met and EHOH
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the artwork, but having Gozilla text on it makes that part redundant.

#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Geez, nitpick. I think they look great

Not really. If I’m going to drop $100 on something, I wouldn’t want the Godzilla text 5 inches from Godzilla text.

1 week later
#9641 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I went with the other one. Was sent yours by mistake and they sent me the 1954 movie poster one. Both are great.
[quoted image]

Love that translight. I've been debating for months to grab one....

#9695 2 years ago

I finally inquired and was told my GZ pre. I was in for the March run is now next month arrival.

#9726 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has a battery, but you’ll likely never need to replace it. It’s a coin cell.

They aren't NVram now?

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope.
[quoted image]

Well, i'll be.......

Is that a saying still?

#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Anybody want to buy a new set of the official Stern / Godzilla Art Blades? I decided to not install on my machine as I think its a little too busy. $50 shipped

Hell of a deal!

#10010 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

This is my first pin. Crazy amount of restarts, probably a bad habit to have.
[quoted image]

I
Never restart any of mine. I go with the flow

#10071 1 year ago
Quoted from MetaMan:

Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just received a brand new Godzilla Premium 2 days ago -- having the exact same issue... flippers randomly die in middle of the ball (not a tilt)... happens for like 2 seconds. Also can't tell exactly but it seems the lower part of the playfield may power down as well?
-John

Loose fuse? Need to re-seat node boards?
Just spitballin' here

#10123 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I just installed the Tesla Towers over the weekend and I was still able to squeeze him in there nicely.
Still have some other things to do before I reinstall my play field but here’s some pics of my setup. I think he’ll be ok there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to buy some $6 flush cuts. I can feel my sliced wrists on your cable ties ends...... I work in IT Installation.

#10128 1 year ago

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:You might want to consider this location instead. I put him here & he fits perfectly. You can twist his body, head & move his arm so it’s not in the way of the ball lock. I like the way he peaks out from behind the building. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Once again, i'm getting pstd from the cable tie cutting

Here - you're welcome. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08DF99Q1H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

#10251 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha am I the only idiot that lifts the playfield out.

NOPE, I take mine out, so much easier to work and the space it creates is great, and gives me more area to not fuck up art blades.

#10349 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

We joined the club (in spirit) about a month ago although delivery probably not until 2023 . Took me until now to read/skim all 207 pages of this thread!

I've been reading/skimming this thread straight since october so I don't have to do it all at once,lol

#10352 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

Can you post a link? Can't seem to find today.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

There ya go

Whoops, missed yours above

#10429 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm scared to ask but have to know, what the f*** does that mean?

Oh I get it, LOL

1 week later
#10649 1 year ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

I am trying to remove my original shooter rod so I can install a new one, and this third screw absolutely will not budge. It will not turn in the slightest— I tried for a full hour. I fear it may be stripped now. What would you do if this happened to you, friends?

Dumb fuckin' philips screws.
The world would be a better place with Robertson screw heads.....

#10721 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

The playfield glass on our machine is super tight, it's quite hard to slide in and out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe some tips or tricks on how to make the glass easier to slide in and out? We have a TMNT Pro and no issues with the glass being tight slides in and out very nicely.

Is there a chance it isn't sitting "square" and is binding a bit?

#10774 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Got my Pro yesterday.
Spent 4-6 hours flipping it last night with friends. Mine definitely needs some adjustments to play its best. The Skillshots are useless as the plunger won't clear the switch/staple. Just rattles in the gap there and falls down to the cheap 'skill' shot.
...fisrt day impression though, I don't know that I would put this one in Elwin's Top 3.
Definitely not in his Top 2, but I could see it being marginally better than AIQ when finished.

boooooo!!!! awful take....

#10786 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Question, I want to order a different t-molding color. How many feet do I need to do the the job? Thanks for the help.

just measure the length on your backbox, easy as that. I'd add a little bit for a buffer or a mistake.

2 weeks later
#11326 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Premium arrived today. Damaged. Refused delivery. The disappointment is real.

Sorry man. such a friggin' bummer

#11362 1 year ago

Holy shit - starting to vibrate... Have my tracking number for my Premium, my first premium of any pin. LET'S GOOOO!!!!

#11374 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

You're gonna love it. So much fun to play. No cheap drains and so rewarding. Make sure you get a shaker motor. Couldn't live without it.

Oh no worries there, already have my shaker from a different pin I sold, tesla towers, other shit, can't wait!

#11406 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I like that one! Pretty similar to the NECA
I went with, just different coloration. Any thoughts on where you’re going to put your jets? I have two as well, I know they’ll be in formation but I haven’t decided if they’ll be launching missiles or lining up to make a run on the big guy…
Sidebar - It’s quite hilarious to me I’m 2000+ miles away from home training for a pretty massive “upgrade” at my job and I’m debating where to put toys inside of a larger toy. I think it’s because I got word a few days ago Godzilla had landed at my distro and is waiting upon my return! Can’t wait to share build date and pics.

My Prem is en route to my place right now also!!

1 week later
#11602 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

Printed and laminated some player cards for Stern Connect.
This was the kids, friends and fam can have quick access to logging in.
Made a magnetic holder to slap on the beer fridge.

GREAT idea!

#11620 1 year ago

LOL, packing tape “laminated” on mine

CB7E510B-8BA9-488A-AEB8-BCF6CB5D9A34 (resized).jpegCB7E510B-8BA9-488A-AEB8-BCF6CB5D9A34 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11950 1 year ago

Mine came with perfectly fit glass, just tight enough not to slide down but slides super easy out. May 31 build

#11961 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks.... Anyone have these on GZ or any of their Spike 2 machines that can comment of sound quality, etc.?

If you don't need the wire harness. I would DEFINITELY go with aftemarket front and a sub for much less money than flipper fidelity. Like Sorokyl said, head over to the DIY speaker thread, you'll do well.....

#12025 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Yep agreed re: safety, I only have the cover off because I've had to fiddle with it so much the last two days, it'll go back on now that I've found a better fix.
New fix, 100% less fire hazard, completely eliminated the jackhammer effect for me so far through a few games. 14" cable tie wrapped around the very top of the casing/frame, pulled as tight as possible with pliers:
[quoted image]
We'll see how well it holds up over time, but it took about 30 seconds to put on and they're about 25 cents a piece, so even if I have to put a new one on every once in awhile I think it'll work for me.

please buy flush cuts

#12026 1 year ago

Also, JUST GIVE THE PIN A NUDGE AS THE BALLS RELEASE FOR MULTIBALL, THEY WILL HIT THE FLIPPERS.

Sorry for yelling, but holy cow
Also, if you only save one or two, you get the chance off the bat to actually make a shot instead of flailing to make a shot with other balls in the way.

1 week later
#12381 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Thanks all, I'll definitely contact Stern support and see if they'll give a replacement. No idea what happened to it, flipper just died mid-game. I've never taken the playfield out and have been very careful when lifting it up and setting it on the head. I think it may have been damaged in transport and was hanging on by a thread. My coin box was all the way in the back of the cabinet when I first assembled it from the box, maybe it winged this on the way back?

My coinbox was loose banging around in my cabinet right from new also. They didn't put the pin in to hold it a factory, and there was no pin in the cab. I have been quietly waiting to see if the repercussions come from that loose coin box also

#12415 1 year ago

Wow! Just experienced my first Terror of mech mode! That was a blast, holy shit was I just flailing, but I have no idea if I got a good score on it.

#12548 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

And I third it. I also do this with my Sterns, and it makes a big difference, especially if you are planning on keeping it in the home. I'll be doing this when my GZ Prem arrives at the end of the year, as well as my TBL, which uses the same power supply.

Yup, they're a cheap addition. When I buy one, I usually get one or two spares as shipping is worse than the actual cost!

#12551 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

So wait, what's the actual mod you're recommending for the fan? A different fan altogether or an additional fan with an adapter?

Or this -

https://pinmonk.com/products/spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

runs all the time very quiet, instead of the turn on/off louder stern fan

#12580 1 year ago

Take your coil stop off and add a small washer into the area above the plunger inside the coil. It will restrict the movement a bit and not let the bridge hit that plastic

#12583 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

So the bridge is breaking these plastics and not the ball?
Interesting.
What is the best place to get a replacement plastic, Stern? Marco, Pinball life?

I'd call your distro or Stern to get a replacement sent.

1 week later
#12817 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I’ve installed a shaker motor this afternoon and it’s not doing anything. Default settings for the game are at max. Unplugged it then plugged it back in still nothing . Hmmm

Is there a Shaker motor - YES - option also maybe

#12860 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Anyone know who made this?

Looks neat, but it also looks redundant.

1 week later
#13288 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

It does look like it got scratched up. Hope not, but, if so, can something like that be spot repaired somehow? I'm thinking the entire rail would need to be redone.

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-just-a-flesh-wound (resized).pngmonty-python-and-the-holy-grail-just-a-flesh-wound (resized).png
#13382 1 year ago

LOT'S of new Gozilla's being delivered. To all new folks, friendly reminder to check the "Key Posts" on top of thread page to find quick answers to your questions!! HAVE FUN!

#13493 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Curious, what are peoples thoughts on the flipper coil fans for this game? Needed, not needed? Experiences before/after?
I’m starting to get to the point of having regular 20-30 minute game times and I believe I’m seeing some flipper fade (hitting the right ramp is increasing difficult unless the ball has some decent momentum or if I’m cradling/shooting) but I’m not entirely sure if the mod is warranted since the shot can still be made.

I've been pondering the same thing.
I have them on my DP, maybe I should move them to my GZ

#13666 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Just set it at 120. Sooooooo much better!
Thanks for the help.

Turn down your trough eject also ALWAYS! It fires that ball way to hard into shooter lane. You want it to gently come in.

#13918 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That's normal. The Precision Flip flippers and bushing will eliminate that. I've measured this on a dial indicator, btw. Stock setup is about 14 mils of movement; Precision flip is 1 mil.

14 mils??! that's 1.4cm. no way a flipper has that much looseness? lol, is looseness a word?

#13920 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

talk to any machinist. mil = 0.001" That's the units on the dial indicator, below.

ok, not like I know or will be talking to a machinist.

a mil in 99% of the world is a millimeter. 1/10 or a centimeter. But I understand your measuring now.

#13951 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Isn't this a post for a specific speaker set-up not for the standard speakers the game came with? Thanks.

Yes, it's more for replaced front and cabinet speaker.

#14185 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Got TDiddy's bridge in, and my GZ 90% in. He's basically "sitting" because it's 7" high. Without major surgery to him, i think the look is ok, or no? Took his tail out and will likely put it where the flat plastic is or was. He's wedged in there fairly good, and unless your on the left side of the machine looking straight down behind the bridge, I think it looks fine, but?
[quoted image]

looks good man

#14203 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

They’re currently $26 for both figures (including shipping) on Amazon. FYI.[quoted image]

$30 ea on amazon.ca

#14257 1 year ago

You're cute.... the shipping would be more than just paying the $30

#14278 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

So, I cracked the table open to see about alignment… shifted the playfield as far right as it would go, which aligned the plugger dead center.
It helped but not bulletproof, and it moved a bit during play. Cut an old ring and stuffed in the gap, been stead since and have a lot less ‘misfires’

dude, turn down your ball trough eject down in the settings, it'll slow down that dent going into the shooter lane

#14309 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I'm getting the following error lately and it won't connect. Cables look good to me, and the scanner scans my QR code and tells me "the machine is currently offline".
Any ideas on what to check? [quoted image]

reseat the connections

#14374 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Are you happy with the buildings from Mezel? I have them on order

too late now isn't it? ha

2 weeks later
#14830 1 year ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

Oxygen Destroyer issue???
I recently got a Godzilla Premium (July 2022) and when I get Oxygen Destroyer, sometimes the I hit the building several times and it does not go through. Other times I go straight through the building on one shot. Is that normal behavior?

When the building is at that height the centre shot for the oxygen destroyer is a tight one.

3 weeks later
#15417 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

looks great! I have a Prem coming in a trade soon and working with Steve on my powder. Question, did you replace the T-molding yourself? where did you buy and was it easy?

Check arcade sites for T molding - lots of options
And yes, easy

1 week later
#15724 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So Stern just released the long awaited topper for mando. Looks cool, lights and hologram and interactive modes exclusive to the topper. If this is a sign of where they're going, better start saving up your pennies for the gz topper. MSRP on Mando topper is $2,000.

Fuck that noise from me. A topper at 1/4 the price of the pin? nope.

just my humble opinion.

#15845 1 year ago
Quoted from mab487:

I just have to see if the hype for this game is real.

Oh it is.

#15850 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Speaking of happening to all of us. This was incredible timing. During Mechagodzilla multiball one ball was coming across the wireform while another ball was entering the inlane. They stopped each other and there they sat. I had to pull the glass. Nudging wouldn't budge the balls loose.[quoted image]

Awesome timing

2 weeks later
#16451 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Joined the club! Took delivery about 3 weeks ago. WOW this pin rocks! This is going to stay main floor for quite some time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude.
I have a Rick & Morty bloodsucker, Godzilla Premium, and a Deadpool pro.

We’re pin-bros

2 weeks later
#16947 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Has anybody else experienced intermittent power failures in the lower playfield since the code update (1.02)? I haven't heard anything, so I'm guessing it's a loose connection of some sort, but I wanted to check...

I was (maybe)?

Late in a long (for me) game My destruction jackpot would not hold, tried about 4 times, shot the building, went to the magnet, then after about the first two digits in countdown, the ball just dropped to my bottom left flipper

#16966 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

the bounce is stronger with the the full metal ones and less with the halos from what i have seen.
I played my first game with the new code and collected all imposters without even noticing. That does not feel right.
Maybe changing the setting, so that if the magnet doesn't grab the ball, the magna grab is lit again for a second try.
So you can experience the imposter again and dont collect the 4/4 accidentally.

I got 4/4 imposters last night. I don't even know what imposters are for crying out loud.

I got the option to "collect" them from a scoop shot, got 250,000,000 from it.

#16968 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Seems like it must be a bug. There's a power up available to collect one imposter, but it doesn't seem like it should award all 4. Unless the new code changed it.

Could I have actually earned them? it would have been unknowingly.
I had a 1.15 billion game.

I seriously need to sit down and read the rules booklet I printed off.

#16976 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

May I ask where you found said rules booklet? I’m familiar with the rules at tilt forums but would love a nice printable format.

I think I may have printed off the Tilt Forums on and tossed into a doutang.
I'll also have to check out these stern ones

#16980 1 year ago

I also added an MRS switch now above my upper flipper. Maybe it's actually registering many more now that it's there

1 week later
#17227 1 year ago

I’ve had a quite a few games on my GZ now to with the newer software update. My magnet seems to work fine in all aspects BUT the destruction jackpot. It goes into the building. Loops to the left and hit the magnet, dit’s a very short hood and let’s go. Very strange.

#17295 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is this splice common on all the wire forms coming from the helix ? I just noticed it last night while installing new ring kit .

Pretty shitty job

#17334 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

After hundreds of plays over 3 mo, saw a new issue today with magma grab not holding the ball effectively. For example, DJ is lit, I hit the building, the magnet grabs the ball, but then a second later it let’s go of the ball. It happened a few times. Sometimes it seemed as if the magnet was just letting go prematurely (as opposed to the inertia of the ball being too much for the magnet to hold). Thanks for any help or suggestions.

YES, exactly this for me also

#17337 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

Was offered a Godzilla Premium for my JP Premium. About the same number of games on each 100. Was more looking to sell JP, kids think it is too hard so it doesn't get a huge amount of play. What does anyone think about this trade? Keeping in mind kids think JP is too hard.

Yup, exactly, make the trade before the guy with the GZ gets cold feet

#17359 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Thanks for the tip. The skill
Shot switch was indeed stuck on causing the magnet to let go. It was the MRS mod recently installed. Apparently a flakey switch. Anyone else see this or I just got a bum switch?
[quoted image]

Dude, I had just installed an MRS switch in past month also!
Maybe that’s my issue

#17401 1 year ago

Did my bottom flippers so far with precision halos, I didn't see a need for Coil stop replacement, they looked just like by spares I have on hand and weren’t beat up yet. I guess I’ll hold tight for now!

#17462 1 year ago

Over 90% of the time I have no ide I have started Hedorah, and I only see the total: 500,000. and now just learned to hit the green lights to hit to progress!! ‍

fuck i'm, dumb

#17466 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

That wouldn't be a bad idea or how about giving another DJ if you hit the DJ loop more than once? I usually hit the DJ loop twice (just naturally flip after the first successful loop). Unfortunately you only get any credit for that first loop.

Would it be neat if it was progressively lower in value after you hit the first one? Worth something to keep going for it, but as much as being an overvalued shot

#17534 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

Does anyone know how to resolve this constant 'Add Credits' message at the end of game play? I have been through the Service Menu/standard adjustment listings numerous times and cannot identify what is creating the message. Both the Action button and Start button do not illuminate. All settings appear to be factory default, except ball save and number of balls. Credits are factory default at 30.
Any assistance shall be greatly appreciated.[quoted image]

Is it set to free play??!

#17566 1 year ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Just ordered a premium can’t wait to join the club

What took you so long??!!!!

#17581 1 year ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Sorry if there is a maintenance thread. I looked before I posted.
Left main flipper is unresponsive. Coil is fine - it fires during the test. Connections on the inside of the box on the other side of flipper button look fine. Any suggestions/advice?
Upper left flipper works fine.

Do a switch test and hit the left flipper button also. Make sure it’s getting past that.

#17639 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I think this is what you want to see. The Comet Fire bulbs are perfect for godzilla.

Nice idea. I'm sure I have some spare fire bulbs at home

#17677 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

Hi, just joined the NIB GZ Premium club today, pretty excited! One issue; when I hit the shot that goes under the building and into the drop target behind the building, the ball gets lost and the machine can’t find it. The plunger that shoots the ball back up doesn’t seem to be activating. Thoughts? Loose wire maybe? The game just keeps running without finding the ball. Common issue? Sorry for being so late to the party with this question, thanks for any help.

Use the “key posts” link at the top of the page in this thread. It will show you many important tips and repairs others have come across

#17890 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This doesn't really feel like the thread for getting too into it, but my guess from your 1 game collection and new account is you don't have years of pinball experience. Forgive me if that's assumptive.
If you play pinball long enough you will likely gain more appreciation for simpler, harder games, that don't require 40 minute sessions. Godzilla seems like a lot of fun, but my guess is if I owned it and spent some time with it that I'd start seeing pretty long ball times.
I love early 80s solid states, owned a bunch, great games. But you do get used to modern niceties, like RGB lighting, good soundtracks, ball saves, etc.
TNA offers a game that will kick your ass, with nice short bite-sized sessions, without giving up those modern features. There isn't much else like it.

This is Rick and Morty. Short ball ass kicker with a great soundtrack and call outs.

#17927 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

bump, anyone?

have you messed with the equalizer some yet?

#17942 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

nope, i didnt touch any settings at all. Care to tell me your current settings?
i just ordered kicker speakers and jbl sub.

I see others have chimed in with good info.
A
Check this thread too!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

#17986 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

What is the best powder coat colour for gz?

Green seems like a popular choice. Anybody tried something else?
I might go green

I’ve seen an orangy rust colour
Blue
Rippled green

#18032 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yes, I confirmed mine was the MRS as well. I was getting an Imposter Battle award when the ball would fall off the magnet, which means that the skillshot switch was being triggered, it was a great clue. Swapped the original switch back in and it works fine (other than missing the occasional skillshot, which was my motivation to put the MRS in in the first place) so we're back in business. My Skill Shot MRS is in the mail today back to Sonic to get tweaked or replaced.

THIS HAS to be my issue also with the MRS, but I have no idea what the imposter award is? lol, Am I getting it? is it a screen animation to look for? I get about 25% of the destruction jackpot opportunities, it grabs my ball, PF goes red, then it just drops the ball

My MRS tests fine in switch test mode. tough to troubleshoot

#18074 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

6.8 - 7.0 is the sweet spot for pitch. Side to side level is extra important on this game. I don’t have exact numbers, but I turned down the trough a bit to be just strong enough to work consistently. If you crank the upper left flipper to high it actually makes repeat loops more difficult.
For flippers, the alignment dots on pf should be dead center with the tips of the flippers. It’s not unusual for the flippers to be misaligned from the factory.

Not on Godzilla. tips should be below dots i'm quite sure on this game. Be very difficult to make the left spinner or scoop with them higher.

#18076 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Interested in this for sure. As delivered, one of my flippers was dead nuts on the dot, the other was lower. I assumed they were supposed to be centered on the dots but your point about the left spinner is a good one. It's a real bugger to make on my machine! The scoop is easier because it's higher plus the help of bouncing it off the saucer on the way.

I may be wrong, and it wasn't a hill I was going to die on, lol. but here's something I found in thread. I know mine are below the dot, not easy to trap, but easier to make those wide shots.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/152#post-6769184

#18109 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Here's gold halos w/ Titan green. Huge improvement. Get the keyed shaft though.
[quoted image]

YUP, keyed shaft must be the way to go. I'm having trouble keeping the shafts from turning. had to open the hood and tighten and tighten again almost all of the ones i've changed. ffs

#18175 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

As it turns out, you don't have to beat either phase of planet x—just play it—to get to KotM. I believe the full criteria are play Monster Zero, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Planet X, defeat all Kaiju, and collect Godzilla powerup level 11.

This paragraph is close to unattainable for me

#18188 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I noticed some magnetization any recommendations for balls TIA.

Literally the last page is completely dedicated to which balls to use for magnet used pins.

1 week later
#18363 1 year ago

In general, does anyone else find that this thread seems to have the same thing every 6-8 pages on repeat? It's as though no-one knows about or reads the "Key Posts".
Anyway, my rant of the day.

#18367 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Awesome thanks guys I appreciate helping a newcomer

Wow that looks amazing what tier pin stadiums are those ?
Also what is that attachment for raising the playfield for I don’t understand lol

You have to remove the lights bar setup to raise the PF, he uses a rubber band to tie to ramps to they aren't loose. They are in the way if you don't so that when raising PF.

#18444 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Here is pic of spinner I’m starting to think it’s just the way it is sigh
[quoted image]

Have you spun it with your finger? Is there resistance?
Maybe it’s a big high and the ball is jamming on the bottom.
It does look level though

#18464 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

So I'm absolutely loving the first week with my GZ premium. It's a special game and it's going to be staying for a long time.
My only issue is Godzilla multiball. The balls come off the building and go SDTM every time. Game is perfectly balanced and pitched. I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Loosen the screws at top of the building and angle the top slightly to the left

#18469 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Did that work for you?

I double checked today. It's totally level. I know the ball save is on but it just seems wrong, especially when I see other games on streams going towards the left flipper..

Something to consider - thx

Didn't need it to. i've never had an issue with mine.

#18471 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Oh.. I thought your suggestion was from experience.

Use the "Key posts" man

1 month later
#19203 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

What are these blue rubbers that are located at the building entrance? My Premium does not have them. The ball just rams into the metal. I have seen some pics with and some without.
[quoted image]

The premium moves up and down and gives a different size opening depending on building height

2 weeks later
#19591 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I am thinking of replacing the Red GI bulbs with Flame LEDs from Comet.
Anyone do this yet?
Any idea as to how many I need? Counted maybe 12?
RussM

I wouldn't do it personally. There's enough rgb in game to create the scene for me already.

Edit: I also read that as changing the GI
To red flame led.
So my bad. I was thinking you were going all red gi. Lol. That would be hideous

#19639 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

My Godzilla is also on the right of Mandelorian.

And my Godzilla is on the right of Mandalorian

#19734 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I've been 3d printing for years & building props. Super glue/activator doesn't hold long term. Trust me yes it will deform slightly but go slow & weld it use at a low temp. It will never break in that spot again. If you are worried about it looking bad you can use some bondo with acetone & brush over then sand/paint. I'm pretty sure that I know what I'm talking about . Trust me there's not enough surface area to apply superglue the plastic will just crack apart a splint will work but IMO welding is the most effective repair.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

FUCKING AWESOME

*not the weldiing the props!!

1 week later
#19968 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hello everyone,
My pinball machine is in the basement of my house and the place is quite dark...
I would therefore like to add (make it), two led bars in order to place them on each side of the cabin, above the art blades, just below the glass.
I find interesting things on the net, but it's clearly too expensive! Have any of you ever made this stuff yourself?
I was thinking of connecting to usb, but where? Side pediment? Near the shaker? usb 5v? usb 12?
Thank you for your opinions

There is threads on pinside to make your own, just search!!

#20070 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

So, been seeing quite a bit on speaker upgrades on here lately. Especially PRO owners like me. Just to clarify, IS there a 5.25" speaker that will mount without any adjustments or different mounting plates? Really want to put something different in there without a ton of $$$ spent and hassle, Can't believe how bad the stock speakers are in there.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

this is a kit. But also, they are cheaper if you get a light kit also.

#20132 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anybody interested in a GZ sign for their gameroom, PM me and I can put you in touch with the artist. These are hand made from wood and are approximately 18 x 26 inches. GZ is three separate layers of wood and the buildings and Japanese logo are raised off the main surface. Look amazing in person! Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that legal to sell?

#20142 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

lol like any of the mod makers have IP rights to sell any of this shit... C'mon now!?

Yeah, I totally get that, but they don't have a giant Stern logo like that with a still operating company

1 week later
#20358 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

I went very simple on the shooter rod, but looks great (and much better than the stock black).
https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-rod-green-translucent-knob.html

I put the same one on last year. Easy swap, does enough to the game for $9. I like it

1 week later
#20592 12 months ago

One thing I don't like from the new update. My drop from the magnet for Destruction is farther away,
It's been mint since I got the game. Now its dropping further to tip of flipper.

#20597 12 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

I was hitting destruction jackpots pretty consistently last week. I think I've hit maybe one on the initial flip since the latest code update. I figured I was just in a slump, but now I'm wondering if maybe the ball isn't falling in the same place it used to. Hard to think that could be caused by a code change though.. unless the code is doing more than just switching the magnet from ON to OFF.

Theres code on it, it can move the ball to a certain place on it

#20602 11 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I can't speak to your first qualm, but your second can be fairly variable simply based on how you last put the playfield down. Have you tried raising it and lowering it with some additional pressure to the right? This will likely center the plunger.

Yes, or buy these to put in cabinet to centre the playfield. Stern did not put these in Godzilla

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html

#20607 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Now, for a few pics of some of the Mods I did on my Premium Zilla. More are coming.
Pic 1 - The awesome Tesla Towers. I took teal colored wire and connected it to the electrodes the way they'd be on a real tower. I originally did copper on there, and while it looked great, I wasn't happy with it. I went with the teal to give it some color pop and match some of the teal color in the game.
Jet Jaguar is off to the far right as well.
Pic 2 - The Incredible articulating Godzilla mod from dparnell. This thing is not only awesome, it's a must have mod IMHO.
It comes with the splines painted Metallic purple, which did look cool, but that's not Godzillaesq. I painted them teal blue, went over them with dark blue and then painted all the tips white. I love how it came out.
It not only looks awesome in the game, but with the way the head acticulates back n forth and how body moves, combined with the bright white LED in his mouth that looks like he's blasting his heat ray off the building and bridge, it's absolutely awesome! Couldn't be happier with it.
Here is a link to the mod thread, complete with videos of it working. You have to check it out. It's the best Godzilla out there...period. Mho ⬇️
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-godzilla-mod-for-prem-le
Pic 3 - An Army helicopter taking off from the helipad. Unfortunately, it's not in the position I'd like for it to be, but when I put it even close to where I want it, it hits the glass or gets caught up in the ramp as the building moves up and down.
Pic 4 - A full pf shot showing the army vehicles I added. I have Sabre Jets coming and will add them on in a few weeks.
Pic 5 - Daddio's super cool red, green and white led maser cannon on the far left. And to the right of that is my favorite army add on. It's a rocket launching helicopter doing a hard right bank turn. I love the look of it with that positioning.
Anyway, those are so.e touches I added. I also upgraded the speakers and added in a separate Polk 10" subwoofer under the machine. Why? Cause I'm all about dat bass. Lol
I'll take a few more pics after I get the other mods in and installed. Thanks all!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

holy christ that's a pile of stuff piled in there

1 week later
#20875 11 months ago

It's their game they made, I am just playing it. I'm not going to worry about a callout.

#20878 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

So they comped you a free one...on loan from Stern is it? Cool...but for the rest of us that paid nearly $10k or more it's annoying.

Nope, I bought it of course. It's mice nuts, a small thing I'm not going to get bent out of shape about. Don't care.

#20892 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Curious about the phrase you used, "in the pipe" Is that a common phrase from your geographic area? I have heard "down the pike" and seems more common out here. Interesting.

In the pipe is a thing.

"we got news coming down the pipeline"

#20993 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Once he slaps up that GC score he will

Looks good. I have been unable to find the clear parts to do this myself. Had no idea it would so much trouble for find clear bumper parts but I guess no one really uses them.

This is the only place - https://pinball-mods.com/oscom/index.php

THEN use the pop bumper configurator - http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/PopBumper.php

I have my clear parts to get mine done also with sleal UFO, I just haven't taken the time yet!

#21048 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hmmmmm , I didn’t know a dozen mezel mods and powder coat can cost up to $5,500 .I’m in the wrong business

Guaranteed smart move by making it an "annoucement only" topic and not open for forum, LOL

I see he invents names for a few of his big sales....

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
#21051 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Wow! I just received my magnetic hinge plate covers and my Monster Zero/Ghidorah side button protectors from "PinBawlerz/Arcade-Cabinets", and I can not believe how awesome these both look.
The hinge covers are vibrant, beautiful and perfectly cut. They add so much pop to an otherwise dead hinge areas
The protectors are in a word... INCREDIBLE!
I absolutely love them and IMHO, these are a "Must Have" mod for any Zilla version.
All total, it took me just over 18 minutes to install everything. The hinge covers took literally 30 seconds and the protectors took the rest of the time.
Idk where this material came from, but it's an almost spot on, perfect match to the Stern side rail metal. They look so much like they came stock from the factory. Most of all, these were almost a quarter of the price of the Stern Monster Zero side armor rails. Not only are those almost $350 with shipping and tax, but they're a total pain to install. These protectors took only 18 minutes!
I couldn't be happier with these and I highly recommend them.
Awesome job B!

I Don't mind the side rail/flipper button protector area, but those hinge covers look redundant a kind of cheapo

#21149 11 months ago
Quoted from Willey:

In The Club Finally.
But one question the collapsing bridge how and where do I loosen it up to easily install playfield protector?

The easiest way would not be installing the playfield protector

#21205 11 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Got my pinball-mods.com clear bumper
[quoted image]

Now get rid of all that black rubber and put clear or translucent in it, you'll thank yourself. The black puts a lot of extra black residue into game.

EDIT - by bad, I see the green in the slings

#21213 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

A lot of talk about playfield protectors.
I've never played one, so can't comment on it, but I think the idea of it is cool to protect the playfield.
It'd be nice if there were a way to also stop the dust from getting down underneath them. Maybe a small silicone seal around all the holes in the protector and it's edges? Then when it's installed, dust can't permeate through.
Also, all playfields are shot with a coat of clear coat to protect them. Anyone ever take a protector and shoot a coat of clear over it before installing it? I think if you cleared it, it would then have the same playing feel, ball movement and friction properties as the playfield would.
I wish I still worked at my old automotive paint place and could do this. Shooting a coat of clear would literally take only 2 minutes.
Thoughts?

Never. Cannot seal it in. Cant do any of those things. Put in on and play it, or don't are the only options.

Clean you playfield with some consistency, never introduce a silicone based product to it. I like carnuba wax from mothers. Light coat after every couple cleanings or wipe downs

#21217 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Afternoon everyone, came across a potential issue that I’ve never seen before….
My Pro’s shooter doesn’t seem to hardly hit the ball and only on a full plunge. If it’s anything less, the ball doesn’t get hit and sometimes the shooter makes the auto plunge mechanism hit the ball. The ball rests on the auto plunge mech, see pic, which I didn’t ever notice before on the Premium I had.
Thanks for any and all help.
[quoted image]

info, tech, and all that jazz in the "Key Posts" on top, expand them

#21226 11 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its not a fix, the gate isn't broken. Game was designed this way, play it as it lies or play better.

Incorrect. Mine could hit the gate and it stilll wouldn’t trigger it from time to time, they are toys, do what you want with them. Who cares?

1 week later
#21771 10 months ago

Go to this place then your question is answered...

fba7d6_48f32e38eacf4d10874d2d4ac6b7fdea~mv2 (resized).jpgfba7d6_48f32e38eacf4d10874d2d4ac6b7fdea~mv2 (resized).jpg
#21980 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

where do you have autolaunch shoot to? behind mechzilla? to the magna lock?

Mine is usually close to tapping or hitting magna grab

1 month later
#22990 9 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

For these side blades...I'm thinking I'll pull the PF out entirely to do them...so they may never get done LOL

I take mine all the way out, easy to go in and out and much easier for the blades. But ten people will say its just as easy to leave it in, fuck that noise though.

1 week later
#23208 9 months ago

Except now you don't get to see the great colors of the playfield

2 weeks later
#23503 8 months ago
Quoted from Scala:

Is there a good reason to not fight Megalon first? I feel like that battle is unbalanced in how much more it scores compared to the others.

Usually I hit up Gigan first. Easier to complete and get a win under my belt I feel. Especially on my Prem. with the ball lock activated I can hit the right ramp all day every day. Combined with a fighter jet going, its s nice little stack. I'm not much of a knowledgeable player but find this approach works for a good start to a gamr.

#23608 8 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

New to the club myself. Never even owned a Stern before and been collecting 30 years. Guess I've been missing out. What a great game! I picked up a really nice Pro, set it on easy five ball to get a feel for the game and man, what a blast! love the Mechagodzilla spinner and battle/multiball mode. Actually like all of the modes I have been able to figure out so far, but there is something about hitting that spinner. The fellow I picked it up from did a nice job with mods and the only things I'm contemplating are a shaker and maybe speaker upgrades. I do need to spend some time with the vast menu and figure out what's up with all that, but for now I'm really enjoying things.

Shaker mandatory

2 weeks later
#23834 8 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

reflection of the batman pin behind you in the backglass?

That’s what I think!

#23850 8 months ago

Here’s a reminder for anyone having issues with their game, or in any game thread to click the “Key Posts” button on top of the page and check out what’s happened, problem fixed, solutions, for your game.

Show Topic Index,

It will really help out with any issues you may have

#23877 8 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I installed MOUNTAINGAMER (POST 23773) Flying Saucer yesterday and it's a nice inexpensive addition.
[quoted image]

Your metal ring looks to be hanging too low. Did you miss a part on the re-install?

2 months later
#24881 5 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

On my new GZ, I went ahead and replaced the stock coil stops and figured I might as well try out the Precision bushing and bats. They have been great and still feel rock solid months later. The only complaint is that the Titan silicone started to break at the tips. I’ve swapped those to the new Pinball Life Durabands and will see how those hold up.

Superbands out last the shit out of titans

3 weeks later
#25376 4 months ago
Quoted from junkyard:

I’m waiting on my Godzilla to show up maybe Friday. I pre ordered another set of optos so I have them on hand and can try re soldering them if need be. I’m super pumped and have a small pile of mods for it.

Goodness you shouldn't have to worry about that stuff before you get your game, warranty for a while yet.

3 weeks later
#26012 3 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Super Lube 51010 Oil Super... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BXOGHY
It's been a while since I last applied it to the center spinner. When I first did, Ebirah center spinner only took one shot. That center spinner seemed like it would twirl forever.
It's taking me two shots again these days... I might need to tune that up...

I use white lithium grease, spray it on a piece of paper then get a toothpick to dig some up and apply right at the metal meets metal spot.

#26066 3 months ago

Just stumbled on this tiny nut in the cab of my GZ

And the end of a pen for reference

I thought maybe the side of a switch, usually those skinny bolts go through a switch. But the switches I see have a different black end

IMG_3773 (resized).pngIMG_3773 (resized).pngIMG_3774 (resized).pngIMG_3774 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#26512 87 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Has anyone had their coil stop screws break and everything fall off?
[quoted image]

Is your hand ok?

1 month later
#26889 56 days ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

So I'm still having the same problem.
My destruction jackpots keep getting aborted. It starts and then the magnet releases the ball before the countdown. Then the DJ aborts as if I never started it. So I'm guessing that the magnet is weak? Maybe they set it to abort the DJ if the ball gets free? I'm pretty good with maintenance but have to admit I've never touched the magnet. Yet I don't remember any maintenance being required on it.
Any suggestions? Or is there maintenance I've neglected.
It was suggested that I change the balls because maybe they were magnetized. I changed the balls and I am still having the same problem.
I sincerely appreciate any help.

Did you install the MRS switch replacement behind the upper left flipper? I did, and it was recognizing it and releasing the ball off the magnet for the destruction jackpot.

I could have sent it back on my dime and had them tune the switch up for me, but getting raped by shipping in both directions wasn't worth it for me.

#26891 56 days ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

!!!
You mean the magnet mod to register missed imposter shots? Yes. I did just install it!
I thought about putting the old one back to check. Is that it? What did you find?

That will be the problem.

It needs to be adjusted apparently. It’s too sensitive maybe?

But your issue will likely go away if you put original back in

1 month later
#27165 22 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But now go and play on the flippers at your local pub... ready to flip those crappy Stern flippers yet? Having these on your machine makes playing on YOUR machine nice, but does this make you a better player or does this just prop up your high scores? I have never though we needed to go farther with "precision" than what we will have to eventually play on in tourney. Play on crappy flippers at home makes me good at crappy (and the most common) flippers in tournament. I don't need my scores propped up, I need consitancy and although looking to "make more precise" is a championable goal, I just don't see the NEED for them on my machines if the machines are preparing me for play on Standard Stern Flippers, WMS flippers, WPC era flippers, etc... for tournament play. You got a one machine collection, then make yourself happy, this may be your cup of tea. But I keep my machines pretty stock on the flipper side of things. Would you put these on a wedgehead?!?

Who cares, pinball is fun. If it makes it more fun at your house, fill your boots! Not many people play in tourneys, or have location pinball anywhere near them.

Quoted from Apollo18:

There is absolutely no need for them on Any Stern.
The over advertising and pushing of these “precision flippers” on EVERY thread is rather annoying.
Also applies to every mod that starts with the word “pin-“. Too many burner accounts trying to push these mods, it’s annoying.

Disagree a bit.
I have some. I really like them. I think they are grossly overpriced.
I think if one was to just buy the bushings, they are so precise, that would take the heat off the stern flippers literally. You can turn down the power a bit on them and get better lastability if playing several long games. I have seen from time to time flipper fade on sterns.

#27169 22 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm not sure if it is because they weight less or the combination of them with the Super Bands... Then again, I do have the metal bushings as well. Maybe your right, maybe they do not flex as much because they are metal?
I guess you just have to try a set for yourself and judge. I just know what my take away is when I play my EHOH with them installed.

It's gotta be the plastic flexing a bit. There is a definite different "feel" to the precision ones.

1 week later
#27264 11 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

+1 for Sleal16’s UFO, great price for an excellent mod. [quoted image]

YUP, toss in the clear body and skirt and this pop bumper is the tits!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.