gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8155 2 years ago

Picked up my LE yesterday from a very nice seller.I was able to play his El Dorado and flip a card while picking up.I installed Diddys Tesla towers they look great and I enjoyed doing the installation.

#8173 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Picked up my LE yesterday from a very nice seller.I was able to play his El Dorado and flip a card while picking up.I installed Diddys Tesla towers they look great and I enjoyed doing the installation.

#8175 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

^^ Change video to unlisted video or we cannot see

Thanks

#8323 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Despite changing out my coils and sleeves, I'm still getting weak flippers on my LE, especially the two left ones. Even at the beginning of games sometimes, I find myself wrestling with the machine, trying to muscle the ball to the top of the playfield. The loop and right ramp are almost impossible after about 15 minutes. During multiballs, most flipper hits dribble up weakly about halfway up the playfield. It kills my arms and I can only play a few minutes everyday. I can go to an arcade and play for 3 hours and it doesn't bother me. If I play my TSPP right after GZ, the flippers feel like their on steroids, with the ball rocketing effortlessly all over the game. So I'm thinking it HAS to be the game and not my average playing skills.
So I'm getting some serious frustration here. Do I need the cooling fans? EOS switch adjustment? Other?
Any suggestions on how to make my LE playable appreciated. Feel free to message me. Thanks.

I just recently got my LE and have the same issue,soft flippers.

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just put a washer in between the coil stop and plunger for that mech. It will limit the travel so it can’t even hit the plastic. Way cheaper.

Have you done this ?sounds logical

#8426 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

More towers out going tomorrow
[quoted image]

I love this mod

#8427 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I love this mod

49981791-357F-43F9-81B7-300D991CE1C1 (resized).jpeg49981791-357F-43F9-81B7-300D991CE1C1 (resized).jpeg
#8530 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Or just get the one from Sleal16. Looks awesome. Very affordable and cheap postage to Oz as well. Comes in a cardboard box though rather than a velvet bag though [quoted image]

where can i find this Im searching with no luck

#8543 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Have a good question for the group.
Will be adding Pinwoofer kit, already have Pinmonks Flipper Cooling fans, adding BriteMods RGB flipper buttons, how can I tap into all these 12volts supplies easily? Many mods want to use the Ticket Header connection next to the coin door. Is there an easy splitter solution? What have other pinsiders done, thoughts here?

maybe a 4 way splitter

#8743 2 years ago

I love my Le but I have never seen such tight glass.I use the suction cup method to remove.
It also squeaks when someone walks by.Im afraid it could shatter anytime although the squeaks
are starting to die down pretty much.

#8794 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

These stock pro backbox speakers are terrible. Whats the suggested upgrade? And should I replace the sub too with a better one? Leave it? Or go external sub?

pinwoofer and a sub,my game could not sound better.Ask my neighbors or someone in a nearby town

#8796 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

So you have the pinwoofer kit. Speakers,Amp and sub. Not an external sub?

I actually have the kit a bbu and a polk 10 inch sub

#8799 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

So you have the pinwoofer kit. Speakers,Amp and sub. Not an external sub?

I apologize,I misspoke In Godzilla I have only added pinwoofers Do it yourself amp and an external polk sub.It sounds great and I didnt feel the need to upgrade the other speakers.

#8805 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Is the Polk sub not powered on its own like the one most people get and the reason for the amp?

yes its a powered sub,Pinwoofer could better explain the amp

#8882 2 years ago

been playing the new code today and Its a blast to play,It was already fun.The more I play the more I enjoy it.

#8885 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

New code update sounds awesome! I wonder what version they'll be on by the time I get my Premium...

When it arrives you have a winner

#8891 2 years ago

Waiting on ball search

#9068 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready to be shipped! Unfortunately we will be on Spring Break next week so I have to delay shipment a week. Dang kids and their desire to go to Universal Studios.

Leave it on the porch and pm me the address

#9109 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I was able to secure an LE NIB! Quick newbie question. I have set up the wifi and go to software update and it says “Version 0.80.0 installed. Up to Date”
Clearly that is not up to date. What am I missing?

go on stern website im at 0.93

#9111 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

On the machine?

you can do insider connect if you want.I go on computer at stern website and download to USB

#9114 2 years ago

try and download from insider connect

#9124 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Where is USB located? Is it in back box?

almost in the center of the backbox

#9144 2 years ago

My external sub is near the front of my machine when i see it in the morning light.I usually play lights off so I dont see my sub walking from the middle of the machine where i put it.I was wondering how it kept moving forward.Wood floors but Wow.

#9147 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

what do you guys think of the shaker motor on this game? Is it necessary? What does it add? What am I missing without it?

If any game should have a shaker its this one

#9238 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Who makes the lighted Tesla towers

My favorite godzilla mod

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

New Bank godzilla... painted by hand. Almost fits... have to figure out how to trim and place him perfectly. Amazing results for $30
Mine seems different than what others used as it came with legs and a tail. Would make part of a great topper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

16921FE7-6BC8-4208-9D11-5967B8253882 (resized).jpeg16921FE7-6BC8-4208-9D11-5967B8253882 (resized).jpegC7FCEB52-FF1F-4F3C-BFAF-DFE343209B05 (resized).jpegC7FCEB52-FF1F-4F3C-BFAF-DFE343209B05 (resized).jpeg
#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Does the bank really come in this nasty grey color I am seeing on Amazon or is that a bad photo?
amazon.com link »

I prefer the nasty grey one,looks closer to the video in the game too.

#9394 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The best solution to stop a bridge plastic from breaking, is to install one little washer inside the coil sleeve of that mech. It will limit the movement just enough so it won’t hit the plastic anymore. Takes about 5 minutes to do.

do you happen to have a photo of that ?

#9477 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve got my armor being sent out for powder now. Still can’t decide on a color for my premium. Anyone have any thoughts or pictures they’d like to share?

that green on pinball refinerys thread looks good

#9478 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve got my armor being sent out for powder now. Still can’t decide on a color for my premium. Anyone have any thoughts or pictures they’d like to share?

91CF6F83-148B-4831-8C92-56FB8B79F9C6 (resized).jpeg91CF6F83-148B-4831-8C92-56FB8B79F9C6 (resized).jpeg
#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I can't find the color options on their site - got a link?

look on the thread here that says I will powdercoat your

Quoted from tbaum:

I can't find the color options on their site - got a link?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping/page/6#post-6874708

#9633 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Catching up on podcasts and Zach from TPN teased that the GZ topper is not just a flat piece of plastic. Basically teased that it will be released soon and is interactive in some way. Gird your wallets folks.

They will probably announce the mando topper 1st then godzilla then RUSH.sAYS THE GREAT CARNAC.

#9693 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Just gotta wait, I am waiting patiently too.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I ordered 1/10/22 and got my set on 4/7/22.

Quoted from spidey:

Okay so I’m in for a long wait. I only ordered last week!

Quoted from gambit3113:

Those that have received their Flamin' Frames speaker lights, when did you order? Just trying to gauge where the orders are now. I put in on 2/7.

if they didnt look so cool we all wouldnt have ordered them creating a Big workload for The supplier.I think once we see these we got to have them.

#9734 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Well, i'll be.......
Is that a saying still?

yep,I will also be dogged

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Put this magnet for the bill acceptor together. Interested in thoughts.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell from here maybe you can send me 1 to be sure.looks good

#9761 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Put this magnet for the bill acceptor together. Interested in thoughts.
[quoted image]

matches my godzilla and video clips,I like this version.Make a green 1 too and everybody will be covered.

1 week later
#9989 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Just started up my brand new Godzilla premium for the first time… and I am missing node board 1, 8, 9, 10.
I’ve emailed Stern… but any ideas while I await them reaching out?

reseat your connectors

1 week later
#10248 1 year ago

Thanks hawknole this looks great on my coin door

01FC2AB6-473C-4F00-A0A2-7AFDEB8DA6FD (resized).jpeg01FC2AB6-473C-4F00-A0A2-7AFDEB8DA6FD (resized).jpeg106A6406-E983-4C72-B2A5-0401980E1668 (resized).jpeg106A6406-E983-4C72-B2A5-0401980E1668 (resized).jpeg4AF079C0-6225-44B1-90BB-ED657FC7DD99 (resized).jpeg4AF079C0-6225-44B1-90BB-ED657FC7DD99 (resized).jpegD07E0735-4072-4C25-AA8F-60A96EDA1C18 (resized).jpegD07E0735-4072-4C25-AA8F-60A96EDA1C18 (resized).jpeg
#10339 1 year ago

Trail whip on the prem. Trail whip OR spinner on the pro.
Heat Ray collects on both versions.</blockquote

tail whip i think

#10389 1 year ago

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Yeah. I've changed the stops, sleeves, and keep doing the EOS adjustments. Been posting to this thread off and on for months about this stuff and am in no better place then when I started.
I'm over trying to tinker my way out of this so I'm glad to just spend money to increase the chances of stuff working. So I just want to buy whatever I can to hopefully get stuff working better.
Ordered the pinmonk fans too. Parting out new center spinner assembly as well (unfortunately, the only place the spinner bracket mount part #535-2550-00 exists is in the manual - Marco is looking into it). I'm tired of needing 7 rips for that shot in ebirah, let alone all the other lost value throughout the game of that shot not working well.
I have no doubt some people here would have the right tools, knowledge, skills, and parts to get my machine in tip top shape for less money and time than me. But none of them are here and I clearly can't. It's my only game. I just want to get past the hardware problems so I can finally own all of my drains. So I'd rather just start fresh with these two problematic areas and hope that it fixes things up. Even if I never get to learn what the particular issue was and increase my pin knowledge.

I feel for you man I have followed your posts.Send me a ticket and I will repair it for free

#10546 1 year ago
Quoted from TikiTilt:

Do you have a picture of this in your machine? I wonder if it would fit to the right on the right ramp. Hedorah is the best!

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I don't yet, but somebody else around here does... I don't remember whom...
I still need to get a hacksaw to get this on my machine.

Might be hayfarmer who posted a photo.scroll back it wasnt long ago.

#10627 1 year ago

if vise grips dont work try and cut a slot through the middle and use a large standard screwdriver

#10680 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Question for those of you who have had the game for a while. Yeah, I have it listed in my collection, it's paid for, but waiting on the distributor to send it.
Prior to Deadpool I'd never noticed flipper fade on any of my games or felt the need for the PinMonk fans. I heard that the magna grab was an issue for a while, that it was generating lots of heat and wasn't performing as expected after some play time. I think I'd read that they addressed this issue in code. So... is the magna grab heating issue still a concern? Are people experiencing flipper fade? Do I need to order flipper fans and a magnet fan? I just wish they weren't so darn expensive...

My magnet seems to be working fine,I had mushy flippers but just changed coil stops and sleeves and that worked out for me.

#10689 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Should I unmount it and make new holes? I feel the adjustment would be so small, that the holes would combine to make a large hole instead.

I would not make new holes

#10726 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It's his best.

Who are you people?
The theme sucks, I will grant that much and the integration of the theme is just barely OK...
but the PF is fucking brilliant and so fun to shoot.

great game,fun

#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

The playfield glass on our machine is super tight, it's quite hard to slide in and out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe some tips or tricks on how to make the glass easier to slide in and out? We have a TMNT Pro and no issues with the glass being tight slides in and out very nicely.

Mine started out so tight it squeaked when I walked by,after pulling the glass multiple times with suction cup it stopped squeaking and is easier to take off but still tight.

#10767 1 year ago

Pinball refinery thread offering 250 plus return shipping and his work looks great.

1 week later
#11017 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I recently installed that mod along with the stainless steel bridge mod and they look super nice. The quality is good but a fair warning the bridge is a little challenging to install. It’s not terrible just a decent amount of work to replace the back part of the bridge. But I think it’s worth it and looks awesome!
edit* I love it when Pinside app takes random photos from my phone and posts them along with the ones I actually meant to post...
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

would the bridge look better if someone made a decal/sticker to give the bridge detail,Or as is.I like it too but was just thinking out loud.

#11020 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I was reluctant about not having the plastics with the images on it. But after I installed the stainless steel bridge and you stand over the machine it looks really nice and blends right in with the rest of the metal near it and the ramps.
Personally, I really like it and I think it makes the game look better. There’s already a lot of plastic In this game as it is so the stainless stands out very nicely but it is not over bearing.
Here’s another picture… and if you are looking at these images on your phone. Do yourself a favor and look at them on your computer or at least an iPad. [quoted image]

matches Mecha pretty well.Im probably going to need the bridge.

1 week later
#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]
That sure looks like a monster sized hole…

room for 1 more

#11294 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Wondering if I can get some guidance on how to add a new table to my collection on my profile page. I see a place to move no longer owned games to "history", but nothing to click on to add new games. Thanks.

you have to add the game in the beginning and then your in

#11336 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks man. Yeah it sucks. From what I hear they “repair” it? I don’t pay $9k to want a damaged and repaired item. Am I being dramatic here?

can you post photos,what a let down.

#11448 1 year ago

Even in the Godzilla thread

#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Just put in my order for a Premium machine! I'll soon own my first pin ever! Should get it in 2 to 6 weeks and already had two sleepless nights thinking about how I'm going to rearrange the room for it and stuff.

It will feel like waiting for Christmas,The night before it may be impossible to sleep.Enjoy

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11557 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on this color powdercoating for a premium? Something different than the standard red/green. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Beautiful

#11581 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Has anyone messed with how far the rotating spinner ramp turns. I think mine should be turned a bit more clockwise when stopped with the spinner ramp shot available. Ball gets hung up back there occasionally.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

right,it looks like it needs to rotate more.Sorry cant help on how

#11696 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looking to add a shaker motor to my GZ Premium. Any difference between the generic one on Pinball Life versus the Stern authorized one which is $20 more?

yes,20 bucks

#11697 1 year ago
I have had good luck with the pinballife shaker

#11825 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

My Premium didn't make it to the freight location in time to get on the truck today as expected. Going to be a long weekend. So close, yet so far.

Go get it

#11831 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hey - anyone else have Insider Connected not show gameplay after 0.97 update?
I got in only one game last night (2.4B) on new code after updating and I'm 100% sure I signed in, but when I checked my insider account today, it doesn't show any gameplay for me yesterday 6/23.
Hopefully just a onetime thing. I won't have a chance to play anymore until the weekend to check for sure.

I dont know you sure it wasnt 2,400.000 ?

#12027 1 year ago

Trying this look for awhile

E3F38189-E7EA-4134-803C-18C726B39386 (resized).jpegE3F38189-E7EA-4134-803C-18C726B39386 (resized).jpegE9E31281-3B42-47F3-80C8-95A5AF25AF2A (resized).jpegE9E31281-3B42-47F3-80C8-95A5AF25AF2A (resized).jpeg
#12110 1 year ago

the gloves probably work great in most cases but my glass requires a lift to get over the edge so I need the suction cup.

#12357 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

You'd want to get nut drivers and wrenches in the following sizes:
1/4"
5/16"
11/32"
3/8"
That will cover you for most parts on games. Also order a set of imperial unit Allen wrenches (also known as hex keys) - a standard set should have all the sizes you need.

and a medium and small philips screwdriver,magnetic screwdrivers and nut drivers if possible.Also a set of distributor wrenches and your pretty much set.

2 weeks later
#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Looks good, where do I order it?

Sleal16 ufo is pretty cool

#12882 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Sleal16 ufo is pretty cool
[quoted image]

I re used Hayfarmers photo ,too lazy to go turn mine on.

1 week later
#13095 1 year ago

I find it tacky to poopoo Le owners machines ,I never speak bad of pro owners its just not something to argue about.Are you happy with your Vega ?Im Happy with my Vette.

#13145 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea that looks just like my stairs just going upstairs instead.

any chance you could just leave it in the box and have a friend or two help move it and then unbox

#13265 1 year ago

Use them if you like them,I just found this funny not judging

#13290 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

I’m receiving my game tomorrow. Do you think it will have the new code?

probably not,go get a Usb stick and download it today and you will be ready.It probably left the warehouse a week ago.

#13294 1 year ago

Who has the best sling protectors for zilla ?

#13310 1 year ago

I have colored protectors on all of my other machines and they look great,purple on mettalica was awesome.

#13545 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I have a PRE at home, I get rejected all the time if its not a straight shot into the building. Any slight shot to either side going in it comes back out.

Mines the same,took 3 tries yesterday to lock 1 ball

#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No issues here,,,, so far

Seems it has to be straight through the middle or it doesnt see it.

#13725 1 year ago

For an average player like me its been mentioned before but put it at 6.8 I had mine at 7.4 and couldnt get past 500 million .I broke down and got a digital level also mentioned in earlier posts,My scores nearly doubled.Its a different game.Get a digital level.

#13746 1 year ago

so embarassing

#13748 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

After a bad ball, " so embarrassing " call out reminds me how average I am

I never get that one its always player 2

#13762 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That guys voice though......smh. Takes me out of the game. " hit the ramps...." ugh.

i can see that but I think its humor and my family always laughs.

1 week later
#14093 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

For my fix to prevent damage to the magna grab plastic below the bridge, I had a small piece of left over rubber pond liner (.020" thick) and cut a small circular piece that I glued onto the coil stop in June. My Prem was part of the May production run and has the shortened plastic, but the plastic still had a small nick from the bridge that I noticed in June, and haven't noticed any more damage to the plastic since my fix. I complained to Stern and they sent me 2-replacement plastics - I haven't yet installed the new plastic because I want to wait a few months longer to see if my coil stop fix works in the long run, which so far it has.
I wonder if the glued rubber onto the coil stop would also work in the flipper coils to prolong the life of the stops, which many people on this forum say should be replaced with non-Stern stops. I have noticed metal flakes on the cabinet floor beneath the flippers which is the sign that the stops are wearing out. I have already purchased replacement flipper coil stops from Pinball Life to have on hand when the stops require replacement. I think I'll install the glued rubber onto the flipper stops and see what happens, and post the result in a year or two when the results will be more meaningful.

I put a clear round dot you would use to keep cabinet doors quiet under the bridge and have played hundreds of games with no damage.You can find this and photos in previous posts by Hayfarmer

#14155 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

OK, so I spent some time making numerous adjustments to try to make my Gz play better. After reading so many of the issues in this thread, it's changed my perspective, and spending a bunch of time dialing it in is just going to be required, apparently!
Things that helped:
Flippers Max Strength
Bend left ramp magnet side guide wider
Lower the pitch
I adjusted the level top to bottom, which has definitely made the game a lot easier, with very little downside. A lot of things now need readjusted though like the launch power and magnet settings, because the auto launch rarely sticks to the magnet for multiball.
Something has me baffled. I think I had the game too steep. Legs on the front and back were all the way in before. Now, with the bubble in the built in level in between the two lines, I had to adjust my back legs all the way down, and the front legs almost all the way up.
This doesn't seem right at all. Any ideas??
Possible reasons:
* Legs are different lengths? (never known this to be true on other games)
* Bubble level is WAY off (I used another so I think it's about right)
* Bubble level doesn't work the way I think it should/bubble shouldn't be in the middle
* Leg holes drilled grossly incorrect on either the front or rear?
Thanks,
Wade

is the Bubble level seated correctly

#14156 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

OK, so I spent some time making numerous adjustments to try to make my Gz play better. After reading so many of the issues in this thread, it's changed my perspective, and spending a bunch of time dialing it in is just going to be required, apparently!
Things that helped:
Flippers Max Strength
Bend left ramp magnet side guide wider
Lower the pitch
I adjusted the level top to bottom, which has definitely made the game a lot easier, with very little downside. A lot of things now need readjusted though like the launch power and magnet settings, because the auto launch rarely sticks to the magnet for multiball.
Something has me baffled. I think I had the game too steep. Legs on the front and back were all the way in before. Now, with the bubble in the built in level in between the two lines, I had to adjust my back legs all the way down, and the front legs almost all the way up.
This doesn't seem right at all. Any ideas??
Possible reasons:
* Legs are different lengths? (never known this to be true on other games)
* Bubble level is WAY off (I used another so I think it's about right)
* Bubble level doesn't work the way I think it should/bubble shouldn't be in the middle
* Leg holes drilled grossly incorrect on either the front or rear?
Thanks,
Wade

Fornt legs should be all the way down and back legs about halfway up.Buy a digital level and try 6.8

#14212 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Yeah I’ve noticed that on my new pro as well a really solid shot from the left flipper to the center spinner will come off the wall and SDTM. I’ll try to reduce left flipper power slightly and see how it helps.
I’ve tried my best to level that area but my good digital level won’t fit with the wire forms in the way.

remove the nut on the right ramp and move it so your level fits

#14335 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Could someone kindly share a photo of the Mecha shield ramp in the open position? I have a feeling mine isn't rotating far enough to the left and the ramp shoots to the left of the magnetic target on the Mecha toy. Thanks!

Here you are

03DD522E-B81A-4C05-AF1F-A5795176AB8B (resized).jpeg03DD522E-B81A-4C05-AF1F-A5795176AB8B (resized).jpeg19D4C58E-3A4A-479D-8F89-86A8275FEE4B (resized).jpeg19D4C58E-3A4A-479D-8F89-86A8275FEE4B (resized).jpeg4CD6A878-2340-49A3-B460-68A18866214B (resized).jpeg4CD6A878-2340-49A3-B460-68A18866214B (resized).jpeg537F216F-8609-416B-B2CB-7D0DC564CD33 (resized).jpeg537F216F-8609-416B-B2CB-7D0DC564CD33 (resized).jpeg8A8CC03E-6021-43A8-9E98-552A853DD03F (resized).jpeg8A8CC03E-6021-43A8-9E98-552A853DD03F (resized).jpeg
#14522 1 year ago
Quoted from MattWesterville:

I got a pro and I spent $225 upgrading it to nearly le/premium spec. Including a lot of 3D prints. It beats paying double.

Cool,Do you have photos of the upgrades ?

1 week later
#14848 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for those who have installed Stumblor's (Davey's) scoop sign.
Got it installed and it looks amazing and everything works perfectly fine.
Question is: there's an additional wire that can be used to link into the GI such that when GI goes off, the sign also goes off (or dims?, not sure). Anyway, sounds like this is an additional feature that can be implemented on this mod and I'm wondering if anyone has done this yet and if they prefer it to the sign being on all the time (or vice versa).

I like mine on all the time so I havent updated or tried to change anything.Not sure if I am missing anything.

#14891 1 year ago

my right side sling is firing off now and then for no reason

#14894 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Do you happen to have any kind of star post lights or anything like that?
I had that problem with my JP and it ended up being the wire that was going from the star post light was causing the switch to trigger because the light had rotated a little bit.

no its stock only added plastic protectors

CBF88926-5784-4B94-B652-75522422AEBC (resized).jpegCBF88926-5784-4B94-B652-75522422AEBC (resized).jpeg
#14902 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

From that pic it looks like you actually do have star post lights. Your slingshots are glowing.

its just that photo ,my posts are clear.

1 week later
#15194 1 year ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys, I would like to edit a song on a Godzilla Pro with Pinball Browser. So I know PB well for having modified a lot of music on SAMs but never on Spike 2s. I had read somewhere that it was no longer possible on the latest Spikes, is that correct? I would like to put Fu Manchu's version for the GZ Multiball instead of the Blue Oyster Cult version. Thanks

if you like it go for it,you could also throw your machine off the top of a building.

1 week later
#15399 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

There was a method that someone posted regarding lifting the playfield up level with the use of clamps on the side of the cabinet. I think they were harbor freight clamps. Anyone happen to know the size of the clamps?

yes please post this

#15408 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I have to say my favorite spinner sound is from Class of 1812.

the Led Zeppelin Spinner for me

3 weeks later
#16279 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

What is THEE best level to level a pin? And within a reasonable price. I only have 3 pins and this title is the only one I've ever owned that has to really be dialed in. Thx in advance...

I think there are some posts for digital levels on Amazon in this thread

1 week later
#16549 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Just received an email stating my game is shipping out today!!!

Congrats on Godzilla,You had me excited for a minute ,I thought I was in the Bond thread.

2 weeks later
#16896 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I joined the GZ club today. I picked up a premium from the local shipping depot and........a big tear in the lower part of the box. There is a five inch tear along with a few smaller ones on the right side of the cabinet. It is right where the bug's wing enters its body. I initially refused shipment and called Tilt Amusements. Troy said he would need to refund my money and I would have to wait for the next available machine. That could be another six to nine months. The other option was to accept the machine, send Tilt some photos of the damage and they would ship me a new cabinet side decal. If nothing else I can hold onto the new decal if I ever sell the GZ. I opted to keep the machine. I can't wait to get it set up and going. That said, what do you folks think? Keep or return?

I hope you get one I have been waiting months .

#17045 1 year ago

Sure you can add speakers and it will sound better but the amp makes all the difference in the World.I paid 10k and up for my machines and its worth 400 bucks to have the tried and true Pinwoofer kits in all of them.comes with everything in 1 box and support other companies wish they had.

#17206 1 year ago

Does the canon work ?

1 week later
#17446 1 year ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I recently received my speaker light kit from Doug. Since I ordered it in June when I got my premium, I missed out on getting the Tokyo skyline cutout.
I was hoping there was a way I could still get something similar without asking Doug, the busiest guy on the planet.
Is there anyone making and selling 3D printed versions I can use? Or is there a template out there to make your own foam cutout?
Thanx!

Just order from Doug.This will ship Fast most likely.

2 weeks later
#17881 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

whoops, sorry must of been 222 million... im not THAT good. LOL (i fixed the original...)

I was losing hope for my scores

1 week later
#18066 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

nope. I inspect (my balls lol) under a lamp and magnifying glass.
I inspect (all the time) and clean my game every 100 plays.

magnifying glass ,LOL

#18068 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Tried scrubbing through all the posts please excuse me but what are the optimal feature settings for Upper Flipper, Trough, Eject Etc. Also what seems to be the best pitch for this pin as well as any flipper adjustments (droopy no droopy)TIA!! Loving the game so far!!

my pitch is at 7.0,working great or I would go 6.8

2 weeks later
#18481 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I seem to be the only one that had problems with the washer solution. When I lifted the pf, the washer sometimes went sideways and got stuck, then the plunger couldn’t go down far enough to collapse the bridge. I ended up putting two little furniture bubble things on the plastic where the bridge hits and it’s been good for hundreds of games. [quoted image]

same here lasted a year so far

#18539 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Is 2.565 M a good score in Godzilla?

Horrible,Please try Harder

#18563 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I don’t think so. Does that go one and off every few minutes?

yep

#18581 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Sooo confused look at pics wtf I suck
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

a little more go for 0.0 but 0.1 isnt bad

1 week later
#18733 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I still have a JP topper on order that hasn't shipped. Not sure what is happening.
Excited to see what they do with GZ for sure. I definitely can't see spending $2000 on a Stern topper.

My Spiderman took about 6 weeks and Maiden about the same.

#18781 1 year ago
#18809 1 year ago

Does anyone recognize this part,I put up my playfield and this fell out and I dont know where it goes.

5CE37088-3FAD-42DD-A35A-221C23E24C9D (resized).jpeg5CE37088-3FAD-42DD-A35A-221C23E24C9D (resized).jpegDEB5D5E1-4BE1-43DA-9F11-DBB023D5D06A (resized).jpegDEB5D5E1-4BE1-43DA-9F11-DBB023D5D06A (resized).jpegF0F3946C-F22A-431E-9115-05CF7B0681B8 (resized).jpegF0F3946C-F22A-431E-9115-05CF7B0681B8 (resized).jpeg
#18810 1 year ago

Im thinking spotlight support

#18812 1 year ago

Thank You ,It just came to me

1 week later
#19051 1 year ago

click on the file in downloads
it will seperate the files
drag each over individually

#19053 1 year ago

drag each over one at a time.hold down left and drag to usb.let 1 load and go to the 2nd then 3rd

#19059 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Perfect, thanks. I'll redo it here tomorrow. So, it should automatically download when the game is turned on? That's how it worked on IMDN

Game off insert USB
power up open coin door and hit select then select again.close door
load .after it loads and says succesfull remove usb and power off and on,Done

#19094 1 year ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

If you don't want to disassemble anything you can put some foam pad where both sides hit the plastic.
You can make it small enough that it's not visible when playing.

clear cabinet dot

#19194 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

Just had a long knock down drag out call with the dealer. At first I spoke to the owners son who said "well, I don't know why the owner told you February. Its up to Stern and we are now told May-June, but if you want you money back, no problem, we have others that will take you place." He then puts on the owner who says that the Factory has my money, and he will keep 10% because I am cancelling prior to the first week of April, which is when we have a written agreement that I would get a full refund if they don't deliver. I say, but you son just told me my delivery would not be until May June. Clearly this is after April, and he also said you have other buyers who would take my place so not problem. Owner says, "I am the owner, he is not, and he is wrong. Then he goes on to say "you are just too much trouble. I will give you a full refund." The then hangs up. Wow, what drama.

1 week later
#19517 1 year ago

under the bridge ?

#19676 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Wonder if they could be brushed with resin to make them more sturdy!? I’ve been considering trying it.

or put them on a spring so they are flexible and wobble when the shaker goes off

#19832 1 year ago
Quoted from math08:

I removed the washer, placed a Scotch Bumper on the magnetic spinner and everything works great. The bridge now stays open, and nothing hits the plastic.

mines been working great and plastic is fine after 1 1/2 years with the Dot

#19843 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

It’s a good day !
[quoted image]

Hello Baby

#19868 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png with pinwoofer

#19876 1 year ago

check your dip switches ?

#19943 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I installed a fidelity speaker upgrade on my machine. with the burning city scape light mod and now the upgraded speakers the back of the speaker touches the metal box ( power supply i believe ) when the speaker panel is raised into place. has anyone ran into this and is this something to be concerned about?

Did You remove the small clear spacers,it may or may not help

1 week later
#20173 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I unpacked GZ premium last week and have not played one game yet because I am waiting on playfield protector, which should arrive next week.
As I was checking out the game, noticed Mechagodzilla right fingers are hitting and positioned lower the playfield plastic.
This may cause some issue with movement of mechagodzilla ramp as it rotates or damage the mechagodzilla’s fingers.
I checked out some photos from pinside and stern and the right arm is positioned much higher than playfield plastic. I posted one of these photos with arm higher than playfield plastic.
I tried to bend the arm but since it’s made out of rubber, it just go back to original position. I am NOT going to use heat gun to bend the arm. This is a NIB.
Planning to contact Stern or my distributor next week and see what they say.
Anyone else had this issue?

I am sorry,I stopped on You have had the Game for a week and havent played it.Thats Patience My Friend.

#20197 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Hello, I know people’s thoughts on the value of mods can vary, but does anyone think the Stumblor Tokyo Neon sign mod is not worth $221 USD? Seems pricey for such a small item.

Its a cool Mod,Its worth it to me.

#20203 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would plan to get zero out of it on resale. Then if you are able to recoup any, it’s a win.

I agree but if a buyer is looking at 2 machines I might choose to Buy this over the one without it .

#20223 1 year ago

I don't see a video anywhere of him programming the sign? Have a link? maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot. I'd really like to know how to adjust better</blockquot

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod#post-6948656 go to key posts for info

#20249 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks I am just confused when looking around at the options and what should actually be gotten (Myth even has a bunch of options as well)
Can anyone explain what is different between Doug's kit and Myth's kit?
Thanks.

Yeah I get the vibe that pricing on this game in the used market (unless someone is desperate for cash) isn't going to change much for some time. That is unless the pin market comes back down to reality.
I would probably hope to find a decent used machine within a few hours of me to avoid shipping fees and I am not a NIB guy in any form. I had my one NIB experience for the first time last week in 20 years of owning games and I was like ehh ok no big deal to me at all. It was neat but that was it. Will have another NIB experience in a few months when my wife gets her Scooby.

Have You tried a topic search in this thread.

#20256 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

My guess is if Stern is going to keep making (and as you said why not) that their price will stay in the upper 9s or more. That means used prices are going down either.
Granted no one can see the future. Pin prices are just nuts in general.

If You know You are going to buy Godzilla NIB order Your lights now.If You buy used buy one that already has the light kit or order now so the kit will be in progress while You look around.

#20302 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Both kits are very similar in build quality, features, and look. People who buy Doug's kits are super faithful and will defend them/him to the death, it's almost like belonging to a cult lol! I believe Myth's offering (usually) has a shorter delivery time and is less expensive, but other than that, either one is an excellent choice.

its the products quality many are Happy about from Doug.

1 week later
#20489 12 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Can you post a better pic of how your ground wire is attached?
It looks like you have it on the bottom left nut and that it may be pointed downward. If that is the case....it may be causing tension when you go to close the panel.
Myth instructs to attach it to the bottom right nut and shows that the wire connector should be pointed sideways saying: Install the washer and then the ground wire and nut on the back right stand-off. Tighten slightly. When this nut is fully tightened make sure the ground wire is in the orientation shown above.
From experience, I know what may be causing a panel closing issue can be hard to pinpoint and many people think the tension is coming from one thing when it is actually something completely different, that they are overlooking....and to me, from that picture, it looks like it might be that ground wire that appears to be attached in the wrong place and in the wrong orientation.
....just trying to help,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

This and also might need to take out those clear spacers if You havent.

#20494 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Thanks James.
Yeah, I didn't have the spacers in there. But the way this is hitting it, that little gap wouldn't have mattered.
2nd picture shows how far away the Door is from closing. It's not even close.
I don't think I can move that connector back either. I'm sure there's wires underneath that connect to it, although I haven't been able to check, because the door won't stay closed.

Is the speaker adapter too thick,Would love to hear from others who actually have this setup.

3 weeks later
#20954 11 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Hoping for some direction, as I haven’t seen anything quite like this. Initially, the issue was just I kept hearing the game make a few popping noises through the speakers (just like when the game is booting up but more frequently). I thought maybe there was a loose connection or grounding issue.
Then in the middle of a game the flippers went dead, all gi on the PF went black, sound stayed playing but the screen froze.
I rebooted the game and everything worked fine. After 3-4 times of this happening and with increasing frequency to the point I knew it was going to happen every game, the game would no longer properly boot.

I will start by admitting I dont know shit from wild honey but this sounds similar to the new machines coming out where You hear Clicks/pops when powering up.PDB board problem where its shutting itself down because capacitors cant handle it.I may not be correct but it may be in this direction.

1 week later
#21193 11 months ago

Game Room Goodies in Arizona where is the right side art replacement for My LE,Stern said since it was Shipping damage You were approved for the replacement.I would like to resolve this issue.

#21317 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pass for me though it is nice. I guess they are moving upscale. I guess they thought Stern was going to do a $2000 GZ topper.

Ya.. I made an exception for Rush topper. I probably should stop now.

it didnt help in the thread where people were complaining about waiting too long some offered the solution to just raise Your prices.Charge more make less.Thanks for that.

#21470 10 months ago

Someone at Stern said How can we get rid of all these Hoakie extra Greenzilla toys,Voila its a topper.

#21476 10 months ago

Now we know why they made a small run and the 2nd run will be decided by orders received.

#21518 10 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I can hear the distributors crying over all the lost money. I was all in and now I'm all out.

I just put 1,100 bucks in my Beer fund

topper 1000
tax 100

#21528 10 months ago
Quoted from Flexin:

I’m sticking with what I have here. Was all ready to throw my money at it but how disappointing. I got this one and once I get the signs, removed the back yellow piece to see the back wall. I’m good for now…. This could have been an epic topper to match the level of this game…. But now it goes down as a disappointment of the same scale…
[quoted image]

I would center that yellow sign behind Your topper and see how it looks just for fun.Maybe put a light on it.

#21740 10 months ago

Its Done,Nothing more to see here.

#21763 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

This is the latest mock up of my topper attempt.
The white background is just for the photo. I will likely just leave blank wall behind it rather than attempt to come up with some sort of cityscape. And I'll light the figures with USB spotlights from Amazon.
About $175 for for the sign. About $110 for the figures and $15 for a black shelf from Amazon. I had screws, black paint and scrap wood lying around. Spotlights were like $10
If I want a custom hurry up mode I'll pay a prostitute a couple of hundred dollars to cradle my pinballs while I'm playing.
So all in about $400 less than Stern's official topper.[quoted image]

so does this sign only plug into the wall ??

#21775 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I haven't finished it yet but it's USB so I assume I could draw power from the CPU board. But I haven't confirmed this.

correct ,thanks.Got 1 delivered today.If a better 1 comes out later Im not out much.

21F41E89-BC41-49C8-8E5E-A8D9880E9B71 (resized).jpeg21F41E89-BC41-49C8-8E5E-A8D9880E9B71 (resized).jpeg
#21780 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

How did you mount that? I have the same sign and might 3d print something to use the topper holes in the backbox.

I just used double sided tape super sticky along the bottom edge.was thinking of glueing L brackets to the topper and double tape to the machine if this doesnt hold.

#21781 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

How did you mount that? I have the same sign and might 3d print something to use the topper holes in the backbox.

I would be interested to see anything You may print up

#21836 10 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Anyone have the 1.03 code? I'd appreciate it. I'm there now. Haven't updated since then and I'm happy staying here for a long time. PM if it's easier. I will buy you a beer. Or coffee. But only coffee-flavored coffee. And no craft beer. Just a regular lager. Domestic.
BTW- How do you revert to an old code? Say I installed a newer version by accident, how would I go about putting 1.03 or any other back in the machine?

Quoted from tedwasright:

Anyone have the 1.03 code? I'd appreciate it. I'm there now. Haven't updated since then and I'm happy staying here for a long time. PM if it's easier. I will buy you a beer. Or coffee. But only coffee-flavored coffee. And no craft beer. Just a regular lager. Domestic.
BTW- How do you revert to an old code? Say I installed a newer version by accident, how would I go about putting 1.03 or any other back in the machine?

I have 1.03 and 1.04 let me see if I can post them You can download onto USB and upload to Your Machine

#21837 10 months ago

godzilla_le-1_04_0.spk

#21839 10 months ago

I knew someone would agree

#21874 10 months ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Hi,
Is it possible to have some news dude ?

Breaking News I still dont know how to share the code.Its also National Donut Day.

#21884 10 months ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I know the topper is overpriced and underdeveloped.
I don’t care. Godzilla is my favorite game in my collection, and I will pimp it out. Pinside said the same thing about the TMNT topper and I have never had a second of regret about it.
Y’all are entitled to your opinion, but my God - the nonstop complaining on Pinside about everything the industry does. Halloween QC, GTF, the Mando topper price, and don’t even get me started on how toxic the conversation was on the the JB 60th SLE. It’s exhausting to be around. It’s like Star Wars “fans” that do nothing but critique new Star Wars.

I cant even look at the monitor during game play much less the topper.Enjoy thats what its about.

#21918 10 months ago

Good job STERN,You take maybe Your Best game and dump a crap Topper on it for 1,000 bucks and what do we get.This is turning into the Bond thread all over again.

#22035 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I grabbed this sign as my topper as well. Looks good and does the job for a lot less $$. One thing I noticed is that it seems quite bright. Anyone have a suggestion on how to maybe dim it a little bit. Mine is plugged into the service outlet with a phone charger block. Works just fine and goes off and on with the game. I did have to remove the power button adapter they included otherwise it would only come on when you pressed that button.
Only took 2 days to get to me via DHL as well so super fast shipping.

I just removed the
power adapter and plugged into USB ,powers off and on with the machine.

4690B293-BAEF-4CB2-ABED-39B7CF4F508D (resized).jpeg4690B293-BAEF-4CB2-ABED-39B7CF4F508D (resized).jpeg
#22045 10 months ago

does it need to be in a corner to see the godzilla shadow or does it show on back wall ?

#22144 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

got topper. Fishing line does the trick on tail. Can’t see now. Stern it’s like two min fix just do it right.
[quoted image]

are those 2 screws not enough to hold Him in place ?

#22149 10 months ago

check keypost #3567

#22152 10 months ago
Quoted from smoore3:

On a Pro, I have an issue with my left slingshot where it fires at random during gameplay. There are a few hundred plays on the machine, and this just started happening all of a sudden. At first I thought it might be vibration related either during nudging or caused by the shaker motor, but it is happening at random even when I am cradling the ball on a flipper.
Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Quoted from Jamesays:

check keypost #3567

did this help solve your issue ? simple adjustment?

#22156 10 months ago
Quoted from smoore3:

Going to run through that test this evening yet, and will update. Much appreciation for the quick help, and tieing it back to that keypost, I had been looking all over using slingshot as key word.

probably just need to adjust a leaf switch

#22207 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Eh. I don't like it any better in person. Will definitely get rid of it in a year or two. Maybe I'm just not a topper guy. Also after 18 months, couldn't they have waited a few more weeks til the code was ready to play the new mode? That would have made the first impression a little better.
One thing I hadn't seen yet is a pic of the topper with the flamin frames speaker light kit. They kinda clash, the red flames with the yellow orange flames on the topper. And I think yellow/orange flames are better and I didn't realize I would prefer that on the speaker light kit so thanks shitty topper for making me like my speaker light kit less. I know some people aren't as picky aesthetically, but damn I feel like this point alone might be enough to make me not want the topper even without all the other shit.
[quoted image]

This is Your Lucky Day ,I will Bail you out on this 1 PM me for payment and shipping Info.Thanks Dude.

#22221 10 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Ok thanks for the response. Mine is catching on right. When the game was new it had plenty of clearance.

Maybe it came loose or You need to loosen the nut on the ramp and pull it back a little.

#22241 10 months ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Thanks, really dumb question …. I do kids and stuff Al the time but have never paid much attention to back glass. Can you remove the existing art and replace with new one ? Or how does the plastic stay stable / flat ?

You buy a piece of glass from a local glass shop and plastic edges from pinball shop and put it together.glass costs about 20 bucks .
Keep your origional and set aside so You can re use at will.

#22244 10 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The glass is simple plate (size: 26 x 16-1/2 x 1/8 ), and doesn't even need to be the expensive lead-free type. You'll see that the translite artwork is a thick piece of flexible media held in place by the edge plastic channels alone. If you want to just re-use the factory glass and plastic, it takes 5 minutes to carefully swap, or you can buy a new piece of plate and a set of plastic channels for about $35 all in.

easy stuff.If You are replacing a translite You can replace only the film,If its a Backglass You need a new piece of glass (no bug) and plastic trim.

#22294 10 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I asked him about it and he said it’s not true and any rumors about him making one were made up.

Davey has His Hands full with other projects,No need to Bury Himself.All work and no play wont work for a Man with a Family.

#22425 10 months ago

I didnt load 1.06 should I skip it and just load 1.07 ?

1 week later
#22672 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

ebay.com link: itm
Apparently a lot more.

#22680 10 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Does that topper on Etsy get power from the machine, or does it need an external power source?

Plugs into USB,I will sell You Mine for 160 since I have a Stern Topper Coming Pick up in West San Jose

#22727 9 months ago

Are there any comprehensive videos for installing the stumblor UFO mod?

I dont now about videos but the instructions has very well detailed steps and photos ,but Im sure You know that

#22739 9 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Several weeks old and now a node 10 board failure . As you can see in the picture it’s a smoked board.
Distributor is taking care of it, no worries there, good service there. Just wondering what caused it. Just bad luck or …?
Have checked the following
48VDC OK
Stepper motor can be moved by hand without excessive force
The stepper is fed via 4 wires of which 2 each form a pair. Resistance red blue pair is approx 9Ohm and of black green 9Ohm as well. No idea if this value is OK but for sure not a short.
Switches look fine and don’t think a broken switch can cause this.
Did see that the connector of the steppermotor was not fully inserted on the header. Perhaps came loose during transport? Could a loose stepper motor connector cause this? Hope so as this would mean a new board would solve it. Will than also secure with a dot hot glue this connector to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Anybody an idea?

That looks just like the Rush node 10 problems https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-node-board-10-issues-and-non-issues-list#post-7330957

#22741 9 months ago

Hope this isn’t an issue on the new run coming next month.

It seems to have hit Rush harder than Godzilla.I have only heard of a handful of Godzilla node issues.

#22746 9 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

waiting for my godzilla premium is getting more difficult with these arriving in the post today
all original Japanese theatre posters
[quoted image]godzilla vs destroyah
[quoted image]godzilla vs megaguirus
[quoted image]
and a huge B1 sized ohrai godzilla. this one is definitely getting framed and positioned near my game when it arrives

Those are some of the Best I have seen.

#22859 9 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

that shoull be the "reserve" price and open up bidding!

gouge thy neighbor,thats ebay

1 week later
#23008 9 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Where do you put the bumper? A pic would be great! Thanks!

pull Your Bridge down and put the Bumper where the Bridge makes contact.Looks better to put the dot on the bridge itself

#23125 9 months ago

You still need a splitter ?From Doug if You need to order.See the photo in Dougs instructions to pull power right side bottom corner of Backbox,remove the the metal cover and plug in to cable

#23176 9 months ago

what

F2790992-1681-4645-B7A5-A9C3B32D668F (resized).jpegF2790992-1681-4645-B7A5-A9C3B32D668F (resized).jpeg
#23235 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

My new IMDN premium is also missing the IC sticker on the right.

send a Thank You note ?

#23350 9 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Been waiting to see the Mod the Topper pics roll in, or even if the pro mod companies put out something. Yours: Very nice adds - and also good to get some perspective on the shadow projection on the ceiling/ wall.
Would be interested in where you sourced those pieces. Kindly post here or PM me
Thanks for sharing

I would like to try some of those topper Mods as well.

#23376 8 months ago

Lately My ball gets stuck on this gate.

905231EB-B130-476B-9248-7ECC51683046 (resized).jpeg905231EB-B130-476B-9248-7ECC51683046 (resized).jpegAA3D9CC6-D842-40FD-89D5-E3F539F2BC4A (resized).jpegAA3D9CC6-D842-40FD-89D5-E3F539F2BC4A (resized).jpeg
#23377 8 months ago

neither seem to be touching zilla

#23379 8 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

is ti hung up on that aftermarket zilla at all?

No hes been there for a few hundred plays and this is happening latelyI need a video ,I thought it went in and got stuck trying to come back.

#23382 8 months ago

I lifted Godzilla up a little in that area Incase y’all are right test balls have no problem going in and out thanks guys

C7EC32FD-2294-4B4D-816A-A0FED0344F2D (resized).jpegC7EC32FD-2294-4B4D-816A-A0FED0344F2D (resized).jpegEA5F76BB-1C20-4D61-AE92-988002E625D4 (resized).jpegEA5F76BB-1C20-4D61-AE92-988002E625D4 (resized).jpeg
#23418 8 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

I have been collecting since 1996 and I just picked up my first Stern pinball - a Godzilla Pro. I have a couple of questions. I for the life of me cannot get the sling plastics off. The upper bolt appears to be bigger that the hole on the plastic. It spins around, but dang, it does not want to come up. Thoughts? Also, I am not familiar with the menu and I am having trouble setting it up to reward extra balls. Any guidance there would be appreciated. Finally, I am not finding an assembly diagram for the door. I want to switch out the coin buttons, and I think I know how to approach it, but since there is no rush, I thought I'd ask before I just start going with my intuition. Thanks!

Maybe find a video on You tube ?

1 week later
#23607 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolsen99:

This morning I installed speaker LEDs and a Shaker on my premium, both from pinball life. When I booted up the machine, the LEDs came on, but like a dummy, I didn’t have the balls installed. As soon as it started searching for balls, the machine shut off. Unfortunately, it will not turn back on.
I have tried unplugging it. I uninstalled the mods. I also checked the fuse behind the back glass. Not sure if there are other fuses.
Any thoughts? The machine is only a few weeks old, delivered NIB. Thanks!

try unplugging the shaker

#23612 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolsen99:

It just came back on. Maybe I’ll contain Pinball Life to see if maybe I have a bad shaker??

maybe take the cover off the shaker and check that the wires arent messed up and check that you plugged into the correct place.

#23624 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomFocus:

Hi fellow Godzilla Pro fans/Owners, got a NIB GZ Pro a few weeks ago fired it up and it freezes after about 2-3 minutes. Stern sent replacement PSU and PDB over the past couple of weeks which I replaced and still same issue. Multiple clicks on boot 20+, never heard PSU fan come on (can anyone on this board confirm if PSU fan is supposed to spin up on startup?). Please let me know if anyone has experienced this freeze issue and what the cause may be. Sometimes the game is stable enough to run diagnostics and none of the node boards comeback with any errors so I am stumped.

the fan will push air out the top when it hits a set temp

1 month later
#24121 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPaul76:

I have a problem with the ball guides digging into the flipper rubbers (I'm using Titan's). There's a gouge mark where they make contact with the flipper in the up position that seems to cause the ball to "stick" at times. At first I thought it was spin. Anyone else have this issue and might have fixed it. Thanks!

Do you have a photo of this area on Yours

1 month later
#24575 6 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I am determined to join this club this week, but I was hoping for a little advice.
Have the option for a NIB pro for 7k or a "freight damaged" Premium for 8.8 The damage is a small scratch on the LCD screen, and the shooter not making good contact with the ball so the "playfield brackets are a little off" but the corners are square.
Im pretty handy, but have limited experiece with newer games. It sounds like it took a fall? The art is ok.
WWYD?

Can You play it and inspect it ?Do You have a photo of the damage?

#24577 6 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I can play once I get there, but its a 6 hour drive lol.
I didnt ask for a pic because a scratched screen i can easily replace, and the art is ok.

What will it cost to replace the screen ? add to the 8800 and You can Buy one without damage.Maybe compare prices on a lightly used dialed in one.Just thinking.If everything is in good order the price seems fair.Before I do a 6 hour 1 way ? drive I would want some photos

#24578 6 months ago

You will enjoy once You get one

#24623 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you for the feedback I’m going to go with Deadpool pro I think but I won’t be able to get it for Atleast 6 months-year
Family shot it down cause I bought 5 pins in 10 months ;
Such a shame they won’t let me get another till a while sigh

You got the fever

2 weeks later
#24823 5 months ago

I was playing a game with my son today ,I had 600 million on ball 2 player 1. My son on player 2 around 300 mill and going great and the Damn thing went black.Had to restart and lost our games.

#24883 5 months ago

best way to IC?

#24918 5 months ago

I always buy Pinwoofers kit as well.

#24942 5 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

New code is out for Thanksgiving as part of a 22-machine code drop, v1.08.0. I was hoping (although topper owners might not ) that the next update would include the KOTM challenge mode for us non-topper folks but it does not. Mostly backend stuff.
V1.08.0 - November 14th, 2023
=============================
- Game Mode Menu - has now been integrated into Insider Connected login screens.
- Adjustments - fixed a few names that refer to "ESCAPE NUBLAR" instead of "KOTM TIME ATTACK"
- System - Updated to V3.52.0 on OS: V2.7.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.14.0
- Conagent v1.0.14
- Updated Pricing Table:
Norway 1 - 1/10 NKr.
Norway 2 - 1/10 NKr, 3/20NKr.
Norway 3 - 1/20 NKr.
Norway 4 - 1/20 NKr, 3/40 NKr.
Norway 5 - 1/5 NKr.
Factory Default for Norway is Norway 1 - 1/10 NKr.
Sweden 1 - 1/10 SKr, 2/15 SKr, 3/20 SKr.
Sweden 2 - 1/5 SKr.
Sweden 3 - 1/10 SKr.
Sweden 4 - 1/20 SKr.
Sweden 5 - 1/10 SKr, 3/20 SKr.
Factory Default for Sweden is Sweden 3 - 1/10 SKr.
Denmark 1 - 1/3 DKr, 2/5 DKr.
Denmark 2 - 1/2 DKr, 2/4 DKr, 3/5 DKr, 4/7 DKr, 5/9 DKr, 7/10 DKr.
Denmark 3 - 1/5 DKr.
Denmark 4 - 1/10 DKr.
Denmark 5 - 1/20 DKr.
Denmark 6 - 1/10 DKr., 3/20 DKr.
Factory Default for Denmark is is Denmark 4 - 1/10 DKr.
- Moved FREE PLAY and GAME PRICING adjustments to the beginning of the Standard Adjustments list.
- Update AD_ALLOW_FORCE_ENDGAME default to ALWAYS (from FREEPLAY ONLY)
- If Home Team menu is present, a popup window will make you confirm a
game start when no user was selected.
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

So pretty much a nothing ?

#24948 5 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My bad ,read too far that was from June .

I was going to say,WHAT

#24973 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Any info. on when Stern is running more toppers?

Watch the new commercials and maybe they will say

1 week later
#25132 4 months ago
Quoted from tscottn:

congrats! Mine will be here this Tuesday, however my wife is out of town until next Saturday and she made me promise not to even set it up until she comes back.. ugh. its gonna be a long week!

Thats a tough 1.Opening and setting up together will Be great.Or you put it back in the box on Friday

#25134 4 months ago

or download latest code on USB and have it ready

1 week later
#25387 4 months ago

normal so You can flip one or both

#25414 4 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Stern quality control is really non-existent right now and it's the primary reason I won't buy NIB anymore. Let someone else work the kinks out. My Feb '23 build GZ wasn't perfect or terrible but you'd need two hands and a foot to count all the defects in my May '23 JP.
And apparently even buying a Pro won't save you from cheap molex connectors and bad soldering. We're still running 30 year old Bally Williams games today but I'm not sure if these Sterns will last as long. It's a shame.
Regarding GZ Pro vs Premium if Pro had the Mechagodzilla spinning ramp it would probably be perfect. I like the building on my Premium but it has required a bit of work to keep it out of trouble mechanically and may eventually just get disabled.

I would trade for a pro before I would permanently disable the building.Plus cash back.Actually I would do the fix it required or it would drive Me Crazy.A short drive perhaps.

#25419 4 months ago

Had My LE a couple Years now and really no issues that stopped Me from Playing.Shooter lane Rattle but thats about it.

1 week later
#25538 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Okay, thank you. Now that I read his comment (and most critically, a couple of the more thoughtful replies) it makes sense: the balls drain SDTM [and relaunch automatically] to give the building mech time to get back into position to prevent jams and ultimately, damage to the mech, that could be caused by shots into the not-yet-aligned building entrance & ramp exits.
Definitely don't want to damage the mech, but it does genuinely feel... a little off... for such a cool MB event to start by intentionally draining all the balls.

Mine hit the left flipper almost every time.

#25552 4 months ago

Oh gandamack,Did You get out again.

#25589 4 months ago
Quoted from kangaroobbq:

Noob question, I turned my machine on today and have no sound. I’ve got a pinwoofer amp, the light isn’t coming on so guessing no power. Everything seems to be connected ok. Also when a ball drains it’s not registering and doing a ball search. Any tips/idea’s would be greatly appreciated thanks.

is the power light on on the pinwoofer sound board in the backbox

#25654 4 months ago

I don't think the cost would be prohibitive regardless of how this is set up / hosted. And why not charge a subscription fee for the privilege.

Hell NO

#25658 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

the only way to prevent cheating would be a constant video of said game play...which...itself is an issue lol.

Home users could simply put a dollar bill changer on their machines and pay the man

1 week later
#26022 3 months ago

Im having the ball get stuck here far too often.I thought it was hanging up on my zilla so I removed it and its still happening.any suggestions would be appreciated.

22054F70-EB70-460C-AF13-8360B1AE7189 (resized).jpeg22054F70-EB70-460C-AF13-8360B1AE7189 (resized).jpeg82B98CEA-7520-46B4-8870-D3939805CB99 (resized).jpeg82B98CEA-7520-46B4-8870-D3939805CB99 (resized).jpeg9DE3F33E-BF2C-40D4-A3CF-17B5FDE28212 (resized).jpeg9DE3F33E-BF2C-40D4-A3CF-17B5FDE28212 (resized).jpegFA180FF1-775C-48CF-852F-FA9EA2EF4422 (resized).jpegFA180FF1-775C-48CF-852F-FA9EA2EF4422 (resized).jpeg
#26023 3 months ago

I may need to bend the switch arm down.when i check it with the glass off it seems not to go low enough to clear everytime.

#26031 3 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

I had the same thing happen today.
Also sometimes I get rejects from this lane when building in a certain position, 1/2 way down I think ?
Is the rejects normal ?
[quoted image]

I may be wrong but I think the switch arm needs to be bent a little lower to have that gate work right.It worked for me.No reject issue here that I have noticed.

#26118 3 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

nope.. just 1 right where the bridge sometimes makes contact!

or just one on underside of Bridge where it makes contact.Its worked for 2 years so far.

#26123 3 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you
So the plastic bumper is going to go there anyways do you recommend me using the steel piece or just use the regular stock Stern piece if you were me
Here’s what I’m working with now. Lol.
[quoted image]
I guess I could tell Where it hits when I install the new bridge and move it down never thought of that I’m not very smart…

yes,just push the bridge down and see exactly where it hits.If yours is already broken and you already have the new piece I would put it on.

#26210 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Lifted my Premium playfield today to start a few mods and found this little metal ball rolling around the bottom of the cabinet near the head end? Seems to have a small indentation, so hollow maybe? Any ideas where this might be missing?
[quoted image]

looks like it may have fallen off a coil stop ?

#26221 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Can't see which one it might have come from, but then again, I'm new to this and rather clueless. I've been slowly doing mods this week (plastic protectors, rubbers, Neon sign mod, Power Bladez, under and back cabinet RGB lighting, and found it. I do have replacement coil stops and sleeves in my bag of tricks, though. Any tips on what I should look for?

look and see if the round piece sticking out is loose or dented up.

#26222 3 months ago

Do your coil sleeves at the same time if needed and they probably are.

#26224 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I was going to as I have replacements, but they all appear solid. I honestly think I got lucky and received a pretty solid NIB. But to be sure, I haven't a clue what I don't know yet about these machines. I wiggle each coil stop and find no give in the posts....is that right?

yes.If you dont need to now wait awhile.Have You checked all flippers to see if that extra part fell off.Im curious where its from too.
A lot of us have extra nuts or screws loose in the cabinet direct from stern.

4 weeks later
#26691 77 days ago
easya-yum.gifeasya-yum.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.