IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 2 years ago

I'm in on a Premium. Paid my deposit today. Will be my 2nd pin and first NIB. Of course they raise the prices when I decide to get my first NIB!

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Put my deposit down last night for a premium. First NIB I have bought at launch. Is it November yet?

Is November the likely delivery for Premiums? I put my deposit down yesterday.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

First quarter 2022 premium

I was also told October/November for first batch of premiums by my distribitor.

Looking forward to the DeadFlip stream tonight!

1 week later
#231 2 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:

Only going to be my 2nd pin, I've got an Iron Maiden Pro which I love. Also got a virtual pin cab I made but it don't count!

Also my 2nd pin if you don't count my virtual cab. The more I put into the virtual cab the more I was able to convince my self to start getting real machines. Also in on the premium.

1 week later
#243 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Did anyone notice the Godzilla Pro manual hit Stern today under the game manuals?

Does this mean the first Pros should start showing up on location soon?

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Do all distros charge shipping? Wondering if my distro charged me but stern usually covers it.

Should be free shipping for all NIB Stern Machines.

Unless shipped and reshipped!

#257 2 years ago

Just got an email from Cointaker. They seem to have gotten some of their Pro's and they will be playable this weekend at the York show.

Show (resized).pngShow (resized).pngbox (resized).pngbox (resized).png

#268 2 years ago

Why would anyone pay more than MSRP after the fact? Be informed. Pay MRSP or less. Get free shipping and be done. Otherwise wait 6 to 18 months.

1 week later
#518 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Looks pretty nice! The silver armour is different from Mando, this one is mettalic
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. It was built 5 days ago! Pretty cool.

1 week later
#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Can anyone inform me on how many balls are in the machine? I assume its 6?

You are correct. 6 pinballs.

#1591 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone here has ordered a premium from Cointaker and if so have they heard anything from them yet. I ordered from them and I'm hoping to hear something soon.

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Don't worry about Cointaker. Melissa and Chris are great to work with and will ship your premium as soon as they get it. I'm on my 4th game with them and wouldn't buy from anyone else. I am receiving my LE today and couldn't be any happier.

Thank you!

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody know if both sides of the Premium Cabinet are the same artwork, or different?
Magicchiz

For whatever reason the left and right side of the Premium are the same on this game. At least in this case it won't be hard to determine which end of your row of machines you want to put your new machine on. It won't matter, you'll see the same art either way.

#2172 2 years ago

I haven't received my Premium yet so I haven't been able to experience the STDM and if it will occur in my machine. Have any of you that are having the STDM issue played with the physical and software adjustment of the building leveling? Looks like there is some adjustments that can be made there via both hardware and software adjustments in the menus.

#2495 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

and yes, they are a pain to get rid of.

Knock it down and use it in the firepit or better yet save up all of your pallets for a few years and have a pallet bonfire! Best ever!

#2887 2 years ago

Just found out that I got bumped out of first run to March "unless they get more parts in" to quote the distro. Bummed but at this point I already expected it and made peace with it. Picked up a sweet NGG over the weekend so that will help fill the gap.

4 weeks later
#4758 2 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

I placed an order with Cointaker immediately following the initial release of GZ. I wanted an LE but of course those were all spoken for. I was happy to be 3rd on the list (1st run) for a premium. Today I learned I won't see my game until March? This is straight from the distro. I understand there are parts shortages everywhere but being 3rd on the 1st run its hard to believe a large distro like cointaker only received 3 premiums.... anyways I love this hobby but dang!

I also placed an order on the day of the release for a Premium from Cointaker. Initially I was told to expect my game late October/November time frame. Once I started seeing more and more people on this thread getting their Premiums, some from Cointaker, I called and was told "sorry we won't have your game until March". A little frustrating as I keep seeing people getting their Premiums who say they ordered them in late October. What gives?

Anyway I've made peace with the fact that I won't get my machine until March. If I get it earlier, yay! If not that's ok. The bright side is that hopefully Stern will have addressed many of the issues a lot of folks have been reporting with their first run games.

3 weeks later
#5962 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the shooter they leaked in one of the videos:
[quoted image]
The blades, not seen anything yet, but also want them for the game at Flip Out.

The blades are shown at the bottom of this page.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-pinball-announces-godzilla-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

1 week later
#6370 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

What did it say about JP prems

My local guy saw the list. I have two machines on order from two different distros. One GZ P and JP P. He confirmed that the list he saw shows GZ P scheduled for March as we know and JP P scheduled for April. So if all goes according to plan I'll have two NIB's back to back to compliment my growing 90's B/W collection (picking up RS this weekend). I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to owning a few modern machines that still have all the spares available. I know that all machines take work to keep them playing well but I suspect modern Sterns will require less work than my older machines. Hopefully.

#6373 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Hugely less (GZ vs TZ is my reference). The flip side is that modern pins are a lot less intricate than the classic 90s pins (the depth comes from software, not hardware). I was shocked at how simple things were when I flipped up the PF on my GZ (first modern pin I've owned).
So far, minor tweaks and cleaning only, but I'm spending a lot of (fun) time with mods and souping up the pin than I ever did on the classic pins.

Thanks for confirming! I was hoping that would be the case. I do like tinkering and working on them. Big part of the draw for me, however constantly fixing and chasing random errors and misbehaving mechs can get frustrating.

2 weeks later
#7230 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

reduce trough power, plan to replace rubbers (they leave so much black residue), coil stops and sleeves, factory balls if it still has them

What is this black residue I keep hearing people complain about from Stern rubbers? Isn't this just the normal coil dust that affects all machines? I have not owned a new Stern yet (JP Prem, GZ Prem arriving in the next runs). Is there something about Stern stock rubbers that I'm not aware of? All three of my W/B machines have black residue (coil dust) that builds up fairly quickly and I run super bands on all of my machines. Just curious.

#7241 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The tldr - black rubber tends to create more filth in the game than white or silicone
This is in addition to the usual coil dust that gets dragged around

Quoted from Muymanwell:

it comes off the rubbers that stern uses. not sure if it's the way they're "hardened", or what, but they release a residue to the ball, which in turn spreads it around the field. I've switch to titans across my whole machine

Thank you both. Like I said I have no experience with new Stern machines yet. Much appreciated.

-J

1 week later
#7554 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:Ripped out our bar which we never used so now I can go from 13 pins max to 15! Worth the headache. Run new electrical.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The more the merrier!

Cheers! Oh nevermind

#7570 2 years ago

After getting bumped from the initial Premium run I am happy to report that I got confirmation today that I will be getting mine in the second run. This was assumed but you never know these days. Good times!

#7611 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You can also change the award to an extra ball Instead of a free game

No bragging rights with scores earned with those "award" extra balls

#7735 2 years ago

Can someone who has the full plastic CLIP Protector Set on a Premium post some pics and your overall impression? My Premium should be arriving in the next month or so and I'm on the fence about going full protectors or just slings and in lanes.

Thanks

1 week later
#8059 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Just added the Stern blades, look great and so much easier to put on after you pull the playfield. Only have to remove 3 connecters and a data cable.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I assume that pulling the playfield is a two person job?

#8160 2 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from their distributors on 2nd run Premiums yet? Hopefully us 2nd runners will hear some news soon.

#8252 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I don't know much about nylon as a material (are there strength grades?), but these newer ones from Stern seem crappier somehow. The B/W ones were darn near indestructible, but getting more Sterns where the neck breaks on the flipper bushing like your picture. Great. <sigh>

Are the B/W ones compatible with Stern flippers? I just rebuilt the flippers in my NGG and I held onto the original B/W bushings. They could come in as handy spares once my new Sterns start to arrive.

#8429 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

The last time I talked to them....about two months ago....it was late April, and I haven't heard anything different. I ordered it last July 3 lol.

In addition to my GZ Prem which will be in the March run (if there is a March run) I also have a JP Prem on order which my distro has recently repeated will be in the April run. Given the recent rumors in this forum who knows what the truth is. For what it's worth I have two different distros for those two machines and they are both still sticking to those timeframes.

#8433 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is there sudden concern there won’t be a March run? I just read that the 2nd line is running Premiums, but no way to know if this is accurate

There was a post a few days back that suggested that no more Premiums would be built this year due to parts shortages. I'm going to ignore that

1 week later
#8665 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone with a $1 deposit down with Cointaker on GZ premium get an invoice asking for full payment yet on run starting soon?

My read on the $1 deposit is that they stopped taking their typical $1000 deposit once their list got so long and they could no longer provide any sort of ETA on delivery. Myself and many others placed $1000 deposits and have an estimated time frame for delivery. I'm supposed to be in the March run after getting bumped from the first run. Deposit placed on teaser day.

#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Played GZ Premium on location for the first time a couple of nights ago. A few things stood out - this is a great game and it flows for days. Second - black rubber is in the trash before the start button is pressed on mine when it comes. The artwork was completely covered in black residue and the yellow flipper bats were dirty as hell. Titan translucents are on day 1 (with green low bounce flippers!). Finally, I’m not a great player but I don’t completely suck - it’s got that perfect level of difficulty where I felt like I could progress but it was still challenging. I feel like GZ is going to have serious longevity in the home environment t.
The wait didn’t get easier after spending some time with it!

I ordered a Premium on day one and it should be arriving in the next few weeks. Played a Pro when they first came out but have avoided that location since they swapped it for a Premium. Looking forward to the experience of not having seen or played a Premium in person. The wait has been long but it's almost over! Agree on the rubbers. Super-Bands going on mine. Some sort of green and translucent combination.

#8711 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Get a set of midget wrenches/ignition wrenches. Basically toy sized box wrenches. . Works great for this application

Good call. Does Stern use metric or SAE? I don't have a modern Stern yet. Thanks!

#8904 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Does the Oxygen Destroyer

The target backing foam is 3/8" weatherstripping. I have a roll that I use when rebuilding stand-up targets:
[quoted image]

Off topic. Just curious how you handle the rivets when you rebuild stand ups. I've been pushing this off until I figure out a viable solution that isn't an industrial press.

Thanks

1 week later
#9196 1 year ago

Got the final invoice for my Premium today! I had resigned myself that it was getting bumped yet again. So happy. Good luck everyone.

#9267 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Anyone know if all of this runs premiums have shipped? Or are distributors still getting more shipped to them?

I got my final invoice on Friday. I have not received shipping info yet. My distro doesn't bill final until they are ready to ship from Stern. Once they have it in their warehouse I expect to get shipping info. Hopefully early this week.

Good luck.

#9352 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What’s funny is after I posted that nasty grey comment I researched Godzilla’s color. Apparently in most of the earlier films he is actually charcoal or gray and not green. He is green in some promo materials though. And obviously very green by Stern on the pin, but the movies the pin is based on are from the charcoal/gray era. Maybe stern took poetic license going more with what would pop visually on a pin than be nerdilly accurate. Which I would agree is a reasonable thing to do.
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_misconceptions#What_color_is_Godzilla.3F

Isn't he grey in the early films because they were black and white? LOL

1 week later
#9806 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Are there any videos for installing the one for the shooter lane?

I just installed the shooter lane Cliffy's on my RS this week. The pictures on his site are adequate. I highly recommend following the instructions and using a wood safe clamp to clamp the side rail down onto the spike on the right side protector before putting the screws back in. I attempted to avoid this and realized my mistake. Went and picked up a cheap clamp from Home Depot. Makes a big difference.

#9914 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Well that's encouraging! I'll just hope it's a one off and the next one will be good.

This was the rumored cause of many of us getting our final invoices three weeks ago only to not have machines shipped. They apparently discovered warped playfields and some machines got held back until they could be replaced. I don't know what's worse. Not getting a machine or getting one that's warped and has to go back. I think the people who got warped playfields delivered will probably get them replaced before I even get my machine. First world problems.

#9936 1 year ago

Finally got FedEx tracking info for my Premium! Yay.

#9937 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Finally got FedEx tracking info for my Premium! Yay.

#9948 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Ok - thank you!
What is the meaning of the Shooter Rod? Is it the egg of Godzilla?

It's a Mothra egg.

#10062 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Recently installed the plastics so toying around with the lighting options, but this will give you an idea as to what Pinstadiums look like for this game. The Ultra plus version also has a function you can set where the lights flicker like a candle, which adds a cool effect and enhances the burning city look in the game IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was considering getting that full set of plastics for my premium that's arriving on Tuesday. Curious what you and everyone else thinks of them.

#10064 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Personally, I’d probably go with a different color if I did it again. I like the green but think orange or yellow would’ve been a bit more complimentary and helped accent the burning city look I was kinda going for. May change them out later but the install process was a pain in the ass so not exactly thrilled about redoing all that work again! The ones under the right ramp also had to be cut in order to make them fit. It’s as if they didn’t factor in how the added width would cause the plastics to butt up against the ramp itself. I could’ve raised the ramp to accommodate but I was pretty sure that would effect the gameplay and I wasn’t willing to risk that, so busted out the dremel and cut out a 1-inch section instead. You can’t see it when it’s installed but was still a pain to get right.
All in all, I dig the effect they provide tho!

I haven't seen them in any other color. Are they available in other colors? I have a set for the slings and inlanes that are blue and orange. I'll start with those.

Thanks.

#10069 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If you go to the last page on here, they’ve posted a few screenshots of the other colors:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convoluxcom

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

#10126 1 year ago

Happy to finally be an official member of the club. My premium arrived yesterday. Flawless, no damage and is playing great. March 30th build date. Day 1 order.

#10138 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My building is slightly catching the bridge when rising up, causing the drake investments sticker to get peeled off. Any tips on how to adjust building back a bit?

Mine was rubbing the wireform in the back. I was able to loosen the wireform and move it slightly to avoid the rubbing.

#10181 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Two quick questions for the group on my new Godzilla premium. First, the game is constantly pushing out two pinballs at a time, not sure why? Second, I don't know if the leveling bubble is off, but it's at the top end. The only way to get it within the black lines would to be to lift my front legs 6 inches off the ground after they've been extended all the way out! Any help would be appreciated. Joe

Got my game the other day and I was also having bubble trouble. I knew the feet should be all the way screwed in as a starting point and that the bubble should be in about the middle. Mine was way off as you describe. When I inspected the bubble the tube with the liquid and the bubble wasn't fully seated in the black plastic carrier that is screwed to the right rail. I popped it back in place and voila. Then I started backing out the back feet until I got it where I wanted it.

Good luck.

#10233 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I did my first set on a Deadpool premium then another set on a TMNT didn’t even know you could do them wet, just lined them up at the back with the bolt hole and stuck them on in one piece worked like a charm, might do it wet next time though for ease.

Yep, same method I used on mine. Playfield in and lined up with the bolt hole. Dry. Easier with two people but easily doable alone. Second person could help eyeball that the hole is lined up with the bolt. I was not interested in removing the playfield.

#10235 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I installed my first set dry as well using the bolt hole to help alignment. The wet method allows for a little wiggle room and adjustment. I keep the playfield down in place to slide them in, align with bolt hole, make sure gap along the top is the same front to back and then press or squeegee and lift playfield to get the rear better and wipe up any excess water.

I'll try the playfield down method when my JP Prem arrives. Good idea. Thanks.

#10296 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve not jumped in on Stern Insider yet, and I bought my game from another owner who had it set up. How do I update or remove the game from his “location”

I believe the seller needs to unregister that machine from his account.

#10346 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

We joined the club (in spirit) about a month ago although delivery probably not until 2023 . Took me until now to read/skim all 207 pages of this thread!

Well done!

#10474 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Does anyone know the size of the Allen bolt that hold the flipper in place?
Need to adjust the angle on the right flipper, but the space is way too tight, and I think the bolt was fastened tighter than it should be.
I was thinking to use something like this:[quoted image]

Get a standard set. Pinball machines aren't metric. SAE is the type.

#10536 1 year ago

Seeing this post made me go downstairs and play Lost World. Love the Jeff Goldblum callouts. "Balls everywhere"

#10542 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I believe the plastic was modified to no longer go over the magnet. The top of the magnet should be exposed now. Being that you have the pro it may not have changed because on the pro the bridge does not break apart which was the cause of the plastic being damaged

I got my Premium a few weeks ago. It came with the new shorter plastic. Bridge still hits the corner and broke the tip off on day 2. Have a ticket in with Stern and my Distro. That new plastic is a joke. Doesn't solve the root problem but it certainly looks better.

IMG_1122 (resized).jpegIMG_1122 (resized).jpegIMG_1123 (resized).jpegIMG_1123 (resized).jpeg
#10775 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

What are some strategies that you guys utilize at the start of the game? Curious to hear what approaches different people have.

I try to qualify everything. GZ MB, Mecha MB, Tier 1 battle. All while advancing the tanks, jets and saucers. Not sure if that's the right strategy but it makes all the fun stuff happen. 180 plays on my Premium. High score only 370 million. So maybe not the best strategy but it's fun! LOL

#10882 1 year ago

Found the Super Secret Skill Shot last night for the first time. Awesome! What a great game. I love that after several weeks and two hundred plays the game continues to surprise and delight.

#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

if he told you, it wouldn't be a secret

That's the fun of discovery. If I knew about it before hand then it wouldn't have been so amazing when it happened!

1 week later
#11180 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I took my building out to do some cleaning and modding and stumbled on this Easter egg. Yeti was here.

Now the Pro owners have one up on the Premium and LE owners! Love it.

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

I am not seeing any Cliffy protectors specific to Godzilla for sale. No need?
Also, I am not see a ton of commentary on flipper fade for this machine. Any thoughts on the need for flipper cooling fans?
Other than protecting the plastic under the bridge on the Premium/LE models, I don't see a lot that has to be done to protect these machines out of the box.
Please let me know if i am missing something obvious.
Thanks!

I think the need for cooling fans is based on how many people are playing and how many back to back games you are playing. Personally I have not experienced any fade. That being said it's usually just me playing (sometimes two people) and only a few games. I (we) always bounce around between my other pins. In my current use case I don't need them on my machine.

#11311 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

May 31st premium build issue: manual plunge skill shot rattles around and doesn’t make it to the super skill shot behind the upper flipper.
I’m not seeing this on the index key posts and I know it’s been a common issue. Can someone share the post link/#?

This happens sometimes with mine. Not 100% Look at the bright side. It adds to the unique skill shot count. LOL.

#11363 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit - starting to vibrate... Have my tracking number for my Premium, my first premium of any pin. LET'S GOOOO!!!!

You're gonna love it. So much fun to play. No cheap drains and so rewarding. Make sure you get a shaker motor. Couldn't live without it.

#11367 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

outlanes disagree with the cheap drain point

Quoted from shaub:

Especially with a slow moving ball through the tail whip lane. haha

I'm comparing my experience with the outlanes to JP which arrived last week. On my GZ more often then not the ball ends up in the inlane when it bounces on the post and I have some control with nudging. On my JP the ball almost always ends up in the outlane no matter the nudging. Cheap drain. I guess things vary from machine to machine and setup to setup. Just my experience with GZ.

1 week later
#11526 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

Also - is there a good guide out there explaining all the game modes, battles, etc.?

This is a good overview. I actually printed it out and keep it near the machine.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/documents/15/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

#11587 1 year ago
Quoted from Fremen:

My premium should be arriving in a week or two. I was going to make an order with Pinball Life for a shaker motor, but in reading here I also remembered some recommendations on here regarding replacing a few other things.
Before I order can someone help me make sure I have this correct:
- It was recommended to replace the coil sleeves and flipper coil stops? And how many of each are there to replace?
Thank you!!

You'll need three of each. I'd wait until you need to replace them before just replacing them. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I have spares ready when needed.

#11593 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does the shaker need a specific card for Spike 2 games? I have an old Spike 2 shaker but not sure if I need a board as well. Thanks for the help!

The shaker plugs in the cabinet node board on the inner left side of the cabinet.

#11605 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey there Godzilla owners. Thought I'd pop over here to plug my new mod I just introduced a few days ago. This mod has been in development for several months, Godzilla was one of the machines I tested the mod on along with several others as it's not game specific. If you're interested check it out.
Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
[quoted image]

I haven't checked the other thread but I'm wondering about the weight difference and if that difference increases the wear of the flipper coils and linkage over time due to carrying and moving the extra weight.

#11616 1 year ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I pity the fool who doesn't think that's a great idea.

I did this a few weeks back.

IMG_1455 (resized).jpegIMG_1455 (resized).jpeg
#11621 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

LOL, packing tape “laminated” on mine[quoted image]

Awesome!

#11644 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, that was dumb. I just held up the web browser on my phone pointed to Pinside images to the QR reader and of course it worked. I’ll just stop that crap right now.
I’ve never liked QR codes, and I very rarely scan them with my phone. They seem very easy to exploit. As we went to that at restaurants recently I always thought about how easy it would be to print out a malicious QR that included a site with the menu and a bit of “extra”. Heck, hide it in the corner of a window near the menu board and someone will scan it.
My apologies to those that just “played” my Godzilla after posting their QR codes into a public forum.

Ha! Just checked my stats. DAVEH's Gameroom! LOL. At least you got a decent score and didn't bring down my average! LOL LOL

#11693 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I had trouble with mine until I got it the right size. Make sure it is smaller than the little white box reader. Mine is printed with a thermal laser. Contrast is pretty good, but not great on it. Scans as good or better than the phone. not sure about a tattoo haha

You can print them straight from your insider connected profile page. It prints exactly the right size.

#11703 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So IMHO I would loosen the right side and add another washer or two on the post threads under the wire ramp loop, then retighten up the right side nut. Too loose and the ramp will move causing the ball to hang-up on the drop.

I had this problem as well after a while. I tried numerous adjustments. Finally ended up removing the wireform and bending it slightly at the existing bend where is crosses over the other ramp. No more issues.

#11818 1 year ago

Love the oxygen destroyer ball save. Just like the million dollar shot in NBAFB!

#12020 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's not a good feeling though, especially for a visiting guest who doesn't understand its 'by design' and they get excited about reaching the multiball only to go stdm. You also can get more shots with the ball saver up if they don't drain right away...
On mine if i hit the flippers at just the right time i can save 1-3 of the, but usually at least 1 goes down, which bothers me. Think I'll install the mod, since it's not reaching its 'intended design' anyway (since they don't usually ALL go stdm, at least for me)

It is the intended design. Hundreds of pages back Keith chimed in on the discussion. Makes sense. It also all about leveling.

1 week later
#12397 1 year ago

350+ plays on my Premium. Nothing higher than 500 million. I guess I suck afterfall. At least I don't feel like I suck and I enjoy every game. Even the 50 million point games. I guess I'll have to finally watch one of those videos that show you how to get 1 billion.

#12400 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I would highly suggest you follow up on your last statement. The game is fun no matter what you are scoring… it is just more fun when get to that billion and beyond!

Yes. You are the person I was talking about. Love your average score! Jeez! Will be watching this ASAP. Thanks

#12404 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

My flippers seem like they're out of alignment, is there a guide on how to adjust flipper angle on a modern Stern like GZ?

There is little divit on the playfield that should be inline with the tip of the flipper. I had to adjust my left flipper as it was a bit low. Shoots better now.

#12427 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

The level on the inside of the game by the shorter rod has the bubble at the top, shouldn’t it be in the middle? As previously stated I’m new to this, I want to learn and take good care of this best I can. Teach me O wise pinside ones! Lol

Make sure the bubble tube is fully seated in the plastic cradle that is screwed into the side rail. Both my GZ and recent JP weren't properly seated and the bubble was all the way at the top. Use the bubble as a guide. A digital level is useful.

#12468 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

So these jets are supposed to light up?
Mine don't, and I haven't seen that on a few other machines either...
Just checking so I dont sound extra stupid asking stern support..
Mine is nib but has had some issues...
Thanks[quoted image]

Yes, they should light up and animate. Does neither side work? I would start by checking the wires to the connectors and reseating.

#12606 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

There is no wife mode. Only other option is to divorce her and add more pinball machines.

Me married. Zero pins. Endless shoes, purses etc. Me Divorced. Six pins and counting. Endless vinyl records and no time limit at the brewery. FTW!

Bonus. My girls like pinball better than clothes and shopping!

#12685 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So another one of these is coming to me hopefully by early next week.
https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-4-button-service-button.html
Any of you ever replace one? how easy is it? From what I can see it looks kinda plug and play. I only see one connection on the bottom.

Replaced the one that came on my JP Prem a few weeks ago. Two screws, one plug. Easy. The sticker is the hard part if they don't send you one with a sticker.

#12697 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks man. Yeah it " looks" like it comes without the sticker. Ill see if there is somewhere to get those.

As I was already placing an order with Marcos I went ahead and ordered the button block from them. No sticker. I peeled the sticker off of the original button block and put it on the new one. Lost some of the sticky but it's fine. You don't need the sticker but it completes the package.

#12711 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I finally joined the club! With this and Rush, I’ve now tripled my pinball collection and sadly maxed out space for more. I’ve put a whopping 2 games on my machine so far and I’m loving it! The shots are tough but fair and the whole game is immersive and just plain fun. I’m usually not a fan of shaker motors but it’s perfectly integrated in this game and I’m glad I got it. Can’t wait to play it more!
[quoted image]

From what I can see you can fit one more. Move Ghostbusters against the wall on the right. Close the gap between the back boxes and you can fit one more on the left! LOL

2 weeks later
#13234 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Swap the wifi dongle from GZ with one of the games that downloaded quickly. That will isolate whether its the dongle or perhaps the location of your GZ. In my house, speeds vary widely just moving the games a few feet. Good luck.

I don't think the issue is wifi. I have JP Prem and GZ Prem. I left JP on wifi but plugged an ethernet cable into GZ because I knew GZ was a bigger download with game updates on top of the Home Team. JP was done and restarting in 15 minutes on wifi. Hardwired GZ took 6 hours. Crazy.

#13263 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not necessary or required at all. Some like them though.

I know this subject has been beaten to death in the thread debating the pros and cons of playfield protectors but I'll chime in here. I have a mix of new Sterns and old B/W's. When i got my NGG I was super paranoid about keeping it nice and not letting it get any additional wear. I could feel a few of the inserts stating to rise so I figured I'll throw on a playfield protector and be done with it. Sure that stopped additional wear but at the same time I can see it and it bothers me. It's not as easy to clean as a regular playfield despite what people say. I am going to cut it out and remove it any day now. My solution to the inserts will be to apply custom cut mylar around those inserts. No more wear, provides the same protection as the protector.

My new Sterns don't and wont have playfield protectors. They don't need it for home use period. Go to an arcade and look for a GOTG or other early Spike 2 game. Take a look at the playfield. They are fine and they are getting a crap ton more plays than our home machines. The games look and play better as intended.

To each his own but I'm glad I got over my playfield paranoia.

#13270 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Go to take out the trash and a big ass truck is rolling onto my street.
5 minutes later I got this in my garage. [quoted image]

What's hiding behind that extra flap of cardboard added to the side?

#13347 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I want to say I remember someone asking this before and another person saying they might look into make a template of the area to either produce some mylar or so people could cut their own. But that's all I can recall

It was Zitt who said he could make them if he had access to a machine I think. A few weeks ago. I'd buy one.

#13489 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Anyone have Cliffys for Godzilla? The kit is here: http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm -- are these needed for premium, home use? Is it worth the cost for a kit? Or do we have enough protection already from Stern? I don't want to buy everything possible for the pin, just artblades for me-- but if these really help I'd consider it.

I have them. I didn't install the scoop protector since there is already one there. I'll save the Cliffy scoop protector for when/if the Stern copy cracks or bends. I also didn't install the switch protectors since the balls drop on the blank playfield and not on the switch. I installed the Cliffy switch protectors that came with the Godzilla kit on my NGG. I like the outhole and shooter lane protection. To each his own.

#13744 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Good Golly Miss Molly is still my favorite of all time. Still not sure what triggers it but I usually hear that when I'm in Multiball.

"we're gonna super jackpot around the clock" is mine. So good.

#13837 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I use my knee, it's possible to fire off a heat ray while still actually playing the game/making saves, no trap needed.

You must either be extremely tall or you cut the game's legs shorter! LOL

#13861 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Is it just me or have others experienced a lot of balls jumping over the flippers or over the inlane plastics. I don't mind the air balls that end up in the shooter Lane but just feel cheated when they hop the flippers. Seems to happen at least once every 20 or 30 games. It's not just the chaos during multiple that does it as I've seen it happen from an odd bounce off the slings during single ball play. I've been playing pinball for 35 years and can count on two hands the number of times that's happened on other machines, I've lost count on Godzilla.

This hasn't happened on my game in 600 plays. FWIW.

#13934 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Those that use the metric system, and those that crash Mars landers...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

Soviet Union / Russia win that honor!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missions_to_Mars

#14135 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Same, mine is also missing them and there is same play left and right in the playfield position. Interesting to hear that some GZ have them from the factory. I ordered a pair and will be installing. I am guessing it’s best to install them with the playfield down since you can place them exactly where they need to be?

Both of my newer run games are missing those brackets. My guess is that Stern eliminated them. My new JP doesn't have them nor my GZ. May and March runs.

#14243 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Anyone have a photo of a damaged newer-style magna-grab plastic that was supposed to cure the issue of the bridge bashing the original plastic and cracking it? I have a newer Premium and haven't put many games on it yet but it is already showing just a bit of "damage" to the outer edge of the plastic. However, I'd like to get a replacement from Stern and would like a photo of how bad the damage could get if nothing is done (I have read all of the do-it-yourself fixes [i.e., washer in the coil to shorten stroke; plastic furniture dot, etc.). In addition, the Stern tech asked for a photo to show the engineers that the problem still exists. As my plastic isn't "beat up enough" yet I was hoping someone else might have such a photo I could send along with my own. Thanks!

Broke on day 3. Has since split in two. I have removed the whole plastic and now I watch the captive ball move while I wait (since April) for a new plastic.

IMG_1122 (resized).jpegIMG_1122 (resized).jpegIMG_1123 (resized).jpegIMG_1123 (resized).jpeg
#14245 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

That is not even where the crack started on the original plastic, at least on my 1st run game.
Is there any visible damage to the bridge(bottom portion) from where it was striking?

Nope. It's the metal edge of the bridge that's hitting the magnet. I know I could do the washer thing. Just don't feel like tearing that bridge apart. No further damage is happening for now, I check whenever I pull the glass. Maybe Stern issues a real fix one day?

#14411 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything, just offering an alternative solution. Your opinion that it's a hack is just that, an opinion. If done properly, splicing and soldering wires and properly covering them up is perfectly acceptable in your everyday electronic repair.
As mentioned everyone's PIN situation might be different and given the information I laid out, that my AIQ shooter rod was already soldered on here. In my situation it didn't make sense and again it's your opinion that it was just laziness on my part. It was about what worked best for me and given my skillset I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Have a nice evening.

When we all tire of GZ in a few years and there are hundreds on the market. People will have choices. When people look under your PF they will choose someone else's machine.

#14439 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Getting really frustrated with wallop shot going SDTM, I turned my ball saves up to 3 but that's the max. I guess I just need to try and not hit that shot but a double super jackpot shot that immediately drains the ball is kind of a bummer to me.

I don't have this problem with my machine. I mean it happens sometimes but not common enough that I worry about it. Side to side tweak of the leveling may help.

#14452 1 year ago
Quoted from A_J_B:

Well this already happened (I was delayed in getting back to check the post). I see what you are talking about and I did see the fix for it in the key topics but the little bit of damage is already done. I'll have to make the adjustment now so it doesn't get any worse and see if I can get a replacement plastic. It doesn't seem to hard to replace but I appreciate the heads up. Should have checked back in sooner.

I've enjoyed seeing my moving captive ball move while I've been waiting for new plastic since April.

1 week later
#14623 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is it normal for the right flipper EOS switch to activate when pressing the left flipper button and vice versa? If it's not supposed to happen, any thoughts on what to do about it?
Here are switch test recordings from my machine. With the left button, some of the pressed are staged flips.
Left Button: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G98TGX8JYiGYXaqz7PJL_1gzpeoR9mQh/view?usp=sharing
Right Button: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1guIG8ciG9iG9cvWAoQ1TbN7bzA370uZC/view?usp=sharing

Maybe your switch leaves are too close? Maybe the vibration left to right while hitting the buttons is causing the opposite EOS? Just guesses.

1 week later
#14990 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yep totally normal with this game, not sure why.

I just updated my three games. JP and SW did it as well. Same timing.

1 week later
#15232 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I believe there is a menu option somewhere that lets you choose between a few different music modes including "symphonic" and "hybrid" with "hybrid" being the default. I assume symphonic just has the movie soundtrack without the rock n roll....?

I have mine set on symphonic. Yes it's all old school style movie soundtrack except for the battles. I prefer it personally to the default.

#15264 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I am probably in the minority, I have a general philosophy to respect the design team’s choices and don’t do many mods or especially anything like Pinstadium. If I were a playfield artist who sweated over color choices, saturations, contrasts, and what it all looked like under the intended lighting for 2 years of my life, pinstadiums would probably break my spirit. It’s probably because I am a product designer myself, and I am at peace with the fact others likely do not share my philosophy. For extra lighting I prefer dimmable overhead spots with halogen incandescents. Understandably, not everyone will go to these measures or has the setup or the room or the will or desire.

Amen!

#15358 1 year ago
Quoted from brian36chambers:

Hi All, I am new to pinball ownership and I am expecting a Godzilla premium sometime this month. I have been reading a ton on this forum but with so much info it is hard to get a feel for what things I should do to my machine. Can you recommend the best things I should do to modify this machine to get the best experience with it? I am looking to make this my own and love projects. Please add purchase links if available. Thanks for your help in advance.

My number one recommendation is to just play it for a few weeks and don't change anything. Form your own opinions. It's your game.

#15378 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's almost nothing you need to do to the game out of the box - possibly tighten up the left ramp ball guide

That's all I've done to my game. I also switched all the rubbers to Super-bands and have replaced both of the lower flipper coil stops when they failed.

1 week later
#15624 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Supposedly I'm joining the club this month after an October production run of Godzilla premiums. Would anyone know if that's still going to happen? (My dealer couldn't say for sure.)

They are making them this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjs8Uh1DRnI/?hl=en

#15738 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It is a mismatch for the rest of the powder coating. I would have been fine if the side rails matched but they don’t. If I’m paying $9k for it, I want it to match.

Curious about this. My GZ has the more textured rails and lockdown bar. They match. My JP and SW have a much smoother texture and they match. Are you saying that your side rails are smooth and your original lockdown bar was more textured? I remember when you posted about this originally. My assumption was they put the wrong rails on your game. Not sure if the textures have changed from game to game. Both of my SW and JP were built after my GZ. I just thought that newer games (design not build) have the more textured rails and lockdown bar.

#15849 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I wouldn't waste anyone's time and plant it there. I have four kids. Got better things to do. It's real. So is the other one I posted. I'm sure it happens to all of us. I just took the time to post it. Thought it was crazy.

Speaking of happening to all of us. This was incredible timing. During Mechagodzilla multiball one ball was coming across the wireform while another ball was entering the inlane. They stopped each other and there they sat. I had to pull the glass. Nudging wouldn't budge the balls loose.

IMG_1323 (resized).jpegIMG_1323 (resized).jpeg
#16082 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

However, I have noticed one thing that I'm not thrilled about. On my older games (Road Show, Pinball Magic), even though the playfield can be slid forward before tipping it up, the rear is somewhat anchored down, and the guides are fairly sturdy. On GZ, however, when I raise the front of the playfield, I have to be very careful that it doesn't rotate, and fall and crash into the bottom of the cabinet! I was especially surprised to see this on a Premium. Is this normal for newer games?[quoted image]

Sadly yes. Not sure why we can't have some sort of safety/locking mechanism similar the old B/W's.

#16256 1 year ago
Quoted from drbrain:

I want to replace the plastic behind the magna grab with the one I just received from Chrome Candy. Do I have to remove the bridge to replace it as I see a small black screw right behind the magnet on the plastic that the bridge is right over. If I do are there instructions on how to get the bridge out of the way?
Thanks

It's easily replaceable without removing the bridge. Just two screws which are both accessible. Oops just looked. One small black screw and one nut in the back. Both are accessible.

#16386 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I always hear about coil stops but have never replaced them. How will I know when I should? Thanks!

If they have really gone you'll see gold dust on and around both sides of the coin box. They will get loose before they start shedding lots of dust. Whenever I lift the playfield I check the if the stops are loose. You'll be able to feel that the two pieces of the coil stop are loose. This should not be the case. You are loosing flipper power if they are loose.

#16562 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Hahah yeah I spend most of my time there lol! Can’t wait for that one too!!!

I'm with you guys! Prem on order. Hopefully it comes next year. Won't have the money until then. If it comes before Jan 1 I'll have to tell my distro to move me down the line.

#16564 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have a shaker in my Premium and around ~1800 games played... no issues with my building yet.

Same. 1000+ plays. March build.

#16605 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

You are right, with my new abe flips shooter lane fix it's so easy![quoted image]

When can I buy this? This is a proper implementation of what Stern should have done. Very clean, very nice.

#16665 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

I joined the club this weekend. What a fun game. I got a question regarding mechazilla.
When the magnet grabs the ball the ball is just hangig on the underside of the magnet. It even blocks the multiballs that get plunged and they all stick together in the end until the magnet turns off. I guess this isn't normal behaviour...or is it?
Obviously I got the Premium Version.

This happened when my was new. Maybe three or four times. Haven't seen it happen since. I kinda liked it. Would be cool see it from time to time.

#16712 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Not sure where you are located. Check smaller distributors. Go to distributor list on Stern’s website. Call all of them. Make it known what you are looking for and you are a ready buyer.
Do not pay above MSRP. Gz will be available for some time yet. You will find one from a fair dealer for MSRP. When I was hunting I found one above MSRP. That distro can pound sand and I will not be going back there. A few days later I found one at MSRP. I will be a return customer.
Pro vs premium only you can answer. You say the price difference matters a lot to you so I think that is your answer (pro). If price was no
Object I would say premium but since it is get the pro. It’s a great game and you won’t be disappointed with the pro.

The second you said "pound sand" I immediately checked your collection to see if you had NGG. Yep! LOL

#16791 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The spinning head I did myself

I'm not a mod guy but that is really cool. I would do that. Care to share your build?

#16794 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Which flipper coils do y'all recommend replacing the stock flipper coils with?

You probably never need to replace them. I have 30 year old coils in my older games. Why do you want/need to replace? Curious.

#16798 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I've just heard so many people recommend to replace the the stock coils. Or is it just the stops that need replacing?

Stops. Yes. I was scratching my head about replacing coils. Cheers

#16811 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Finally here! Now I should probably wait 24 hours for it to defrost; it’s been really cold here. What’s your wait time when bringing in cold games?

Might as well pull the glass and lift the playfield if you want to give it a slight warmup boost. You'll get to stare at, admire and learn the innards while you wait.

#16827 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

So I noticed my right flipper when engaged is higher than the right. I took a look at where it is sitting at rest and sure enough the tip of the flipper is a bit above the right alignment hole. I found the nut on the flipper mech that needs to be adjusted but the clearance is terrible resulting in me trying to untighten the adjustment hex screw with the stubby end of a dinky hex key allen wrench (the kind you get with cheap put-together yourself furniture). I have a much better hex key set but I can't use it because of the clearance issue. No matter how hard I yank on the hex key I can't get enough leverage to loosen the screw. Any suggestions from those who have adjusted the flippers on GZ (or other similar Sterns). There's got to be a better tool for this... Many thanks.

You can get more leverage on the hex key if you slip a metal tube over the end of it or you can use the closed end of a ignition wrench to do the same thing. Had to do this the other day on my STTNG upper flipper. Super tight under there. Coil stop bolts are basically under the subway.

2 weeks later
#17398 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Wow the stock stern balls are looking terrible at only 200 plays I plan to replace them immediately does anyone know if the game holds 5 or 6 balls? I won’t be near it until late tmmrw if anyone can help would appreciate it ;
Trying to order new balls online now

Godzilla eats balls out of the box. I went through 3 sets in the first few hundred plays. I then realized what was causing it. All of the ball guides in the upper shots. I loosened then from under the playfield and then tucked them in tight and retightened. Not only were there less rejects from the left ramp and center spinner everything just flowed better and no more eaten balls! I have had the fourth set of balls in the game for many hundreds of plays. Now they are wearing "normally".

#17403 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I want my tech to do what you did but I don’t quite understand what you mean ; I would like to stop the left ramp from rejecting so many balls
I can show the tech your response if you don’t mind id highly appreciate it

There are many posts in this thread discussing this along with much better pictures than I'll ever take. I noticed that none of the posts on this topic are key posts. I went through and found some using search.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/170#post-6820254

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/297#post-7140577

I didn't remove and bend mine like this post suggests but the pictures show what the ball guides should look like after you loosen, snug and tighten.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/230#post-6976736

Cheers

1 week later
#17686 1 year ago

Got my "Abe's Fix" today from Freddy's Pinball Paradise. This thing is a work of art. Right up there or even rivaling Bally/William's stainless work. All I can say is that it provides the shooter lane fix. Smooth plunge 100% of the time so far. But the added value of the cost of shipping from Germany is the fact that it looks beautiful. As I said earlier in this thread. It should have come like this from the factory. Go look at the SW shooter lane for comparison.

IMG_0355 (resized).jpegIMG_0355 (resized).jpegIMG_0356 (resized).jpegIMG_0356 (resized).jpegIMG_0357 (resized).jpegIMG_0357 (resized).jpeg
#17689 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Extra balls are automatically awarded after qualifying, right? Meaning there’s no other shot to hit to earn?

Saucer is like that. Can't speak for the others. I've either never gotten them, they don't exist or I don't remember!

#17694 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I’ve gotten the callouts and extra ball animations before but it doesn’t seem to trigger automatically when I hit the replay amount.
I just confirmed my settings are on Fixed with unlimited extra balls. I just set the first replay to $26m and no extra balls were awarded after hitting that after a couple different games. Hopefully I’m missing something or it’s an overall code issue rather than something specific with my machine

I have mine set the same way. Sometimes you won't get the animation or sound if too much other stuff is going on that takes priority. Are you sure you aren't getting the extra ball? The shoot again light between the flippers should remain lit when you have another ball.

#17697 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Yeah, I’m sure they weren’t awarded the couple games I played after. What’s weird is I’m playing a third game now, got 27m on my first ball and during play heard there “Replay”. Saw the shoot again light up so drained the ball and the animation came up.
The difference between this game and the other two is I got to the replay value with the first ball without any multiballs. The other two games I got past the 26m on the third ball and each of those games did have multiballs. Wonder if only certain types of shots count towards replay?

The score counts toward replay. All shots score. So the replay awards the extra ball if you have that set as the replay award.

#17698 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Excuse me for asking where is the setting to add extra ball to X amount replay value??
I’d love to add this in my game to make it more enjoyable…
Thank you

Replay Award. Set to Extra Ball. Standard Adjustment #3 under the S.P.I menu. Under the Adj. Menu.

#17733 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

This looks like the most aesthetically pleasing solution. Does it need 3m to stick in place?

Nope. The two screws from the bubble level hold it just fine.

#17938 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

My Roadshow had the craziest shaker I’ve ever seen - even with the weights spun to chill it out. I guess that’s OK since it’s based on a bulldozer. GZ is much better integrated and definitely less powerful, and that’s not a bad thing in my books.

No kidding. I have mine on a tile floor. Sometimes it feels like the whole cabinet is moving across the floor. Especially in that "a storm is coming" mode or whatever it's called. Can't remember at the moment.

#17955 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This is correct. The magnet does not spin.

All this talk of magnets. Anybody else wondering if we'll ever need to replace that outer sleeve? Mine is developing quite a trough after 1000+ games. Doesn't seem to affect anything yet.

#18046 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I’m having the building issues on my premium too. I go to lock ball 1, it gets kicked up to the roof then goes through a ball search and releases my ball which it did not register as a lock. When I go to lock ball 1 again everything works just fine. When I go to lock ball 2 it does not kick the ball up to the roof, and after another ball search it gets ball 2 up there and registers a ball 2 locked. MB then works normally with ball 3. All of this started after the 1.03 update. Does anyone have any ideas on what’s going on. Is it okay to go backwards on a code update back down to 1.02. I don’t want to mess it up anymore than it is.

I'm also having this randomly. I don't think it's code related since this has been happening with my game for many many months. It's so random that when it happens I just grab another beer and let the dog out. It will go through 2 or more ball searches before it drops the building. Can happen on ball 1, 2 or 3 of the lock sequence. Fairly random but very annoying. No credit for the locked ball. Have to shoot the lock again.

#18049 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My brand new Godzilla premium is working excellent have just about 500 plays and already changed the balls twice …they got worn super fast … like odd how fast
Anyone notice balls getting scuffed up quickly on Godzilla In general?

I've said it before. Godzilla eats balls. Gotta really tighten up ball guides etc to ensure the ball isn't whacking metal all the time which happens a lot in this game.

#18225 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I may try just upping it one and playing a game and see what happens.
Do you know what the setting name is by any chance? I will mess with it this evening.
EDIT:
Or maybe I have to turn it down? Is there any way to tell if it's being shot up too hard or too weak?

Listen to the sound it makes. If you are hearing a clunk near the top and it's not ending up on the building then it's likely too strong.

1 week later
#18478 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I know that this topic has been discussed many times (damaged plastic at the magnagrab below the bridge), and the popular solution seems to be to drop a small washer into the coil sleeve to shorten the plunger travel, which theoretically should reduce the bridge movement so it stops prior to touching the plastic. I have just installed the washer, but I see that the bridge can still travel low enough to still strike the same plastic. The washer just stops the plunger sooner, but the bridge can still travel farther than where the plunger stops due to free play in the bridge mechanism after the plunger stops.
My question is: has anyone employed the washer-in-the-coil-sleeve solution and then had the replacement plastic also break, or has this solution been confirmed as an A-1 successful solution?

I like my solution. Remove the plastic when it breaks. Then you can see, hear and enjoy the captive ball!

#18566 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Thanks all. I don’t hear that from any of my other pins. Best news….there’s nothing wrong. Potential issue averted.

Godzilla is your only Spike 2 game. All of your other older games don't need a loud ass cooling fan. LOL

#18701 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Ok thanks for the information, I had indeed also found this kit. I am looking for a solution that allows me to keep my warranty at first.

Put up with the noise for the duration of your two month warranty then install Pinmonk's fan. Unless you get a longer warranty for whatever reason since you are in France.

#18725 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Speaking of toppers. Any word on when the stern topper is coming out. Getting sick of waiting.
What are the aftermarket options?

Gomez mentioned last night in the Marco Pintech 007 stream that the GZ topper is coming soon and that's he's seen it.

1 week later
#18894 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Joined the club yesterday. After playing on location and following this thread I had to have one. [quoted image]

Wow. Still NIB LE's floating around. Don't even want to know how much you paid for that.

#19005 1 year ago
Quoted from rikity:

Here's a new place (for me) to get a ball stuck. Had to slide the glass down to get it. The building went up for destruction jackpot and after was going back down for GZ multiball and I shot the ramp.. oops.
[quoted image]

It happens. Should be the ultra super secret crazy skill shot! it's happened to me once in a year of ownership and daily play.

2 months later
#20961 10 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Just wanted to say I joined the club.
[quoted image]
First Spike 2 Stern too. Gotta break the habit of reaching under the cabinet!

Good luck with that. I still do it after a year of owning Spike games. LOL What's worse is when you reach under the head to turn off/on one of those B/W's !

1 month later
#22356 9 months ago

I'm updating now. Glad I don't have the topper. In fact after reading the release notes I'm not sure why I'm updating at all.

1 month later
#23622 7 months ago
Quoted from PinballerPSU:

Joined the owners club today!!! NIB Pro to the growing collection. Played a bunch on location and had to get one home. Now need to read up on the must have mods. Would love any recommendations!! Will try to sift through the 470+ pages too!!
[quoted image]

Love the Stern yoga mats!

#23627 7 months ago
Quoted from RandomFocus:

Hi fellow Godzilla Pro fans/Owners, got a NIB GZ Pro a few weeks ago fired it up and it freezes after about 2-3 minutes. Stern sent replacement PSU and PDB over the past couple of weeks which I replaced and still same issue. Multiple clicks on boot 20+, never heard PSU fan come on (can anyone on this board confirm if PSU fan is supposed to spin up on startup?). Please let me know if anyone has experienced this freeze issue and what the cause may be. Sometimes the game is stable enough to run diagnostics and none of the node boards comeback with any errors so I am stumped.

Sounds like issue that PinMonk was describing recently. Bad caps on the driver board or something like that.

5 months later
#26343 72 days ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

My left ramp was really hard to hit and I pinched the metal tip of the entrance of the ramp a little inward to see if it helped and it def did. I’m guessing I can adjust it underneath with a screw somewhere.
Speaking of screws though, anyone recommend a good screwdriver or wrench set they use that works well with stern machines?

You'll need more than that but these will get you started in the wrenches department. Remember all measurements and tools sizes are english. Not metric.

https://www.amazon.com/SPEEDWOX-Combination-Ignition-Set%EF%BC%8CStandard-Portable/dp/B08KZV4N56/ref=sr_1_5

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,394 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling Heights, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=simplepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.