PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#307 2 years ago

anyone with the pinball machine take a photo of the MPU in the backbox? keen to see the wifi part of it. (sorry I'm a network geek). I'm in on an LE but expect it won't be here in the UK until November.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Already posted in the stern insider thread - just a simple usb wifi dongle

thanks!

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I know Neil really wants that picture...
[quoted image]

thank you !!! - we've got the lab being prepared - STAT!

Neil.

3 weeks later
#1879 2 years ago

Guys,

quick q - on the right side of the back box where the Stern Insider plaque is - how hard does it look to remove that? is it just a decal/sticker? it looks awful.

Neil.

#2490 2 years ago

Notice that a lot of the GZ’s are being shipped on pallets - none of my sterns have ever arrived on a pallet - is this a new thing from Stern? Pain in the arse getting rid of them!

#2552 2 years ago

are there art blade for GZ yet?

#2686 2 years ago

Wow at the WiFI module on the LE or at least on my LE!!

IMG_4615 (resized).JPGIMG_4615 (resized).JPG

I did an unboxing and stream last night with a few friends:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1206435154

the game is fantastic and the building mech is easily the best toy in years!

Cheers,
Neil.

#2721 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Note that Neil's game who posted the picture is an international game. It's possible they are using different adaptors for UK games due to regulations.

yeah I wondered if that was the reason also.

I've got a pro that I'm installing on Thursday will take a look then.

#3049 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Would you mind grabbing the make/model number off of your wifi module with antennas? I was thinking that if your model with the antennas has a greater signal, then we may be able to swap the small one with no antennas out for the better one. If the code is the same worldwide then the drivers should already be in the code, right? Am I missing something?

a3b2732fed3e699604b8024cf38bf55794efab94_2_690x448 (resized).jpega3b2732fed3e699604b8024cf38bf55794efab94_2_690x448 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#5265 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I would like the New Yorker guy callouts much more if they were only used when you are "in" New York. Then they could add some French ones for Paris and British ones for London- like Attack from Mars!

I'll record the British ones for free

1 week later
#5659 2 years ago

IMG_5298 (resized).jpgIMG_5298 (resized).jpg

scorbit lets you scroll through your game and on all games except spike 2 it has a view of modes and jackpots etc...

Neil.

#5954 2 years ago

the shooter they leaked in one of the videos:

Unknown-4 (resized).jpgUnknown-4 (resized).jpg

The blades, not seen anything yet, but also want them for the game at Flip Out.

1 month later
#8010 2 years ago

two Godzilla's 6 stops replaced. also had my JP2 need 3 swaps - although its over 2 years old!

2 weeks later
#8593 2 years ago

mine is on the way. I think it just shoots the ball and looks good. A bit like me

1 month later
#10449 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I have gone into test, but how do I find out what switches are not functioning properly?
From what I can tell, you have to push each switch, and then it displays on screen.
I recall Whitestar games having a grid, and any boxes that appeared indicated an active switch, making it easy to determine what I wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

power off:
then go into the machine and unplug the shaker from the coin door node board.
power on
Then if you go into that mode you had it cycles between three views of all the switches it should be obvious which one it is.
close coin door or pull out the interlock switch so the node boards are powered up.

Cheers,
Neil.

8 months later
#18749 1 year ago
Quoted from MichaelMullen:

Does any one know what sound effect # in the sound test menu is “shoot the wamps” ?
I couldn’t seem to find it.

what number is put your shoes back on?

4 months later
#22391 10 months ago

I read on another place that apparently pinside is losing it over the topper? I have to say this is the worst "losing it" I've seen. Come on, we want more 9 page rants we want memes with Gary and George in them; we want limericks with gags such as:

on forums I'm pushing my luck
but I'm sick of Stern pulling a Scrooge McDuck
there was new code
but my topper didn't bode
and pinside didn't even give a fuck!

I got my topper delivered in quick time to my hotel thanks to Marco will be the first one in the UK!

Neil.

#22449 10 months ago

I was disappointed when I saw the topper but its fantastic in action. The bozos moaning about it were never going to get one anyway, even if it had a hologram of Godzilla that ripped thru the door of your room and shouted shoot the ramps.

1 month later
#23537 8 months ago

of all the pinball manufacturers - Sterns is the best shipped game IMO.

#23620 8 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

What the best way to retrieve a stuck ball without having it drain and end that turn? My friend had an unbelievable round going but got a ball stuck in Mechagodzilla's arm. Can I just retrieve the ball and drop it in the shooter lane and have it sit while I put the glass back up will that just auto-plunge?

as above turn coin door ball saver on but in addition:

I did this quick video a while for pinball / stern settings

#23621 8 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Spooky butter cab games arrive wrapped in moving blankets- Definitely the best packing job I’ve ever seen. Stern certainly is not bad. The one Stern disaster I had would not have been helped with plywood at all. Somebody dropped the machine from a decent height and the playfield became traumatically detached at the lock bar tabs. Amazingly, the glass and cabinet were OK. The box was perfect.

yeah I've seen that - I haven't bought a spooky game since TNA but normal games I don't think do quite so well. Although I prefer the way Spooky do box disassembly.

2 months later
#24751 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have an eero set up. I get the same speeds that are coming off the hard wire throughout my house. All of my games are hooked to it and I have no issues downloading code. Also have it hooked to a fire stick and stream everything off it. Previously, we had some no name brand of repeater and it was garbage.
Deal of the day for Prime Members: Amazon eero 6 mesh Wi-Fi system | Supports speeds up to 500 mbps | Connect to Alexa | Coverage up to 4,500 sq. ft. | 3-pack, one router + two extenders, 2020 release https://a.co/d/8moO9HQ

eventually you'll get the same issues as the poster above. It's not a wifi issue it's a hardware issue with the crap dongles stern is using. After a lot of use and heat cycles the startech dongles will perform very poorly, I think the actual connector gets so hot that it affects the connection to the game.

I'm using these with better performance now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZIS0D2O/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=A30DC7701CXIBH&psc=1

2 months later
#26596 87 days ago

Folks,
On my premium I just had the screws sheer on the coil stop and my bond has upgraded screws does anyone have the part number for these newer screws or are they just the same as the Williams ones?

#26600 87 days ago

Thanks Vinny - had them in my cart on PL but didn’t notice the stern reference / more coffee needed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.