47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6765 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Wait, what? Sorry, not even sure why I'm following this thread at this point.

you're following it because that's all you guys do at JJP these days ... follow Pinside! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

To sit at work while you either neglect your business or waste your Boss' money as you waste your day and night reading and posting here for absolutely no positive outcome. Yeah, OK - you were right - congrats!

#6770 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would recommend requesting to have this thread closed and creating a new 2015 Hobbit update thread.

No need for another thread as there are NO updates!

#6774 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You have returned along with the negative JJP related comments...sigh.
Also, don't ever again say that Keith is neglecting JJP or is wasting time by posting here. Keith is the best pinball programmer in the industry in my opinion and seems to work for the only large pinball company that grants their employees enough time to work on code updates.

It's not negative, i was just pointing out that there are no updates. lately, no news is good news when it comes to JJP.

And I was just quoting your hero, Jack, in the reply to Keith. I could never come up with something so negative and mean.

#6834 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's funny because this shit would NEVER happen in a Spooky thread.

never say never.
Spooky is just new and everyone is excited about it. And so far they've been very open and honest and most importantly, don't have a lot of money from a lot of people. And there's been lots of good news revolving around Spooky.

#6950 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.
I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.
John is a person, with a family, that was the main point of my post.
This is Pinball.

I don't think anyone was confused. we're not as stupid as you assume we all are. We know it was your opinion and that's the problem.

#6991 8 years ago

<

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

He also said he was sorry if the comments upset anyone. Don't leave that part out. It sounds like a genuine apology to me. We have all said things we regretted that were not intended to be offensive.

To me it sounded as if he had to come here and say something to attempt to shut us up. It wasn't sincere at all. it seemed like, "it's my opinion so deal with it if you don't agree".

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Unfortunately it wouldn't matter how his apology was written to some people on here as they will never support JJP.

It's not that. It's the fact that every time he posts, he insults people, is rude and condescending. His arrogance is overwhelming. It's hard to support someone like that. I was in on WOZ and Hobbit but bailed on WOZ (and TH) due to the delays and lies.
Pull up all of his posts, many of them are very mean spirited. They show his true character when he's not trying to sell something.

#7164 8 years ago

Why does anyone care anymore?
The hobbit does look really good. If he gets the games out great. If not, there are many other games from other manufactures coming out to buy. But I've learned not to expect anything from JJP.
And if you've tied up your hard earned money over the past few years, well, that's your problem at this point. Red flags have been surrounding JJP since day one.

#7166 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack, it was good seeing you again at the show. Thanks a bunch for coming up here.
Nice job on all the redesign work on The Hobbit. I'm really glad you picked putting out a better game over just schlepping it out the door. I hadn't expected it to be as much fun as it was, and the code was much farther along than I thought it would be. Cool game.

It certainly looks like a good game. A lot better than I expected.

#7224 8 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

If you are not a vendor why are you worried about this? That dosent seem like anyones business but Jacks.

If you've given JJP $7500 for TH and you can't get a straight answer when it's going to ship or the reason for the delays, i think it's your business.

#7269 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Tough crowd today

No. I thought it was funny.

#7349 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Will never please everyone... maybe Pat's game will hit all your buttons.

Hopefully pats game will just be released and we won't need these ridiculous update threads spanning over years.
But I guess hobbit buyers need something to grasp onto cause all they have is this thread.

#7354 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

It seems you have even less.

Less risk maybe. And I've got 8k ready to spend IF it ever comes out and lives up to the hype.

1 week later
#7463 8 years ago

How many hobbits are there?

#7482 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I called that about 8 months ago saying late q3 early q4 and jack personally thumbs downed me. No horse in the race, just call me a realist.

Who would even believe Jack saying late September at this point? This is like WOZ all over again where he'll blame anyone he can for the delays. And then JJP will probably have some random price increase to make the prepaid buyers feel like they got a good deal and not bail.

#7510 8 years ago

Do we really need two hobbit update threads? they are being posted with the same updates.
I said it before and everyone got their panties in a bunch.
This thread should be closed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread

#7515 8 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Why did he need an investment? Thought he said things were going great.

He had no choice but to lie. If he told the truth, it would all be over.
But for all we know, this investment group could bail like the last one.

1 week later
#7692 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Let me try and address a few of your assertions. I will try my best to keep it civil. I do not have a “major personal problem” with you, but where I take umbrage is with your sanctimonious and arrogant tone as if you invented pinball. You are not Steve Kordek. You make hundreds of posts on Pinside every week as well as a countless number in this thread over the past year plus. It’s a public forum with thousands of members - do you not expect dissenting opinions? And perhaps the occasional pushback to match your supercilious musings? In the spirit of accuracy, I did not state “Full disclosure: I do not like you one iota” the first time I engaged you. I was respectful. Your endless digs at WOZ, JJP, and TH were getting stale. Not much has changed in the last year. Oh sure, you’ll occasionally post some disingenuous message about how you hope JJP succeeds, but it reeks of phoniness. You’re as transparent as InvisiGlass in that regard. No, it was you who immediately went for the knife in the top drawer and came at me. Because it was easy. Because that’s what you typically do. Because you like to bully people. So instead of folding like a house of cards, I punched you in the mouth (metaphorically, of course). And I’ll continue to swing for the fences [at you] whenever I see fit. You picked the wrong Pinsider to strong-arm because I have No Fear of poking around in the hornet’s nest at a “Pinside Immortal.”

I normally don't read posts this long but this kept my interest. It's insane and so outrageous. Wtf...

#7719 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hoping for some good news about Hobbit production at next week's JJP's open house. It's a bummer that production has been delayed until October but I'm sure once it begins they will be cranking the games out thanks to the investment news.
I've unfortunately had to back out of my Hobbit preorder. I would like to get the game but my wife and I have been doing some large home remodeling projects this year which are costing more then expected. I would likely be sleeping on the couch permanently if I choose buying the Hobbit over completing our kitchen remodel, lol. I'm still looking forward to The Hobbit and playing it on location. Who knows maybe I'll still pick one up down the road.

Finally a hobbit update:
panzer is out!

#7748 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. So u mean to tell me if Jack did not get this financial backup the hobbit was doomed?

Get out while you still can!
I heard the last investors finally read all the JJP posts on pinside and bailed. It's only a matter of time ...

#7916 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Hobbit Translites are IN STOCK! - Sorry, it was just a website malfunction Working now - https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=62&product_id=73

are these from the batch that were screwed up (i think they shipped the wrong size or something)?

#7921 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You know the difference between a translite and backglass right?

So was backglass screwed up?

#7966 8 years ago

those tshirts never seem to fit Jack well. the seem so tight and so long at the same time. and they bunch up in the midsection.

#8008 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If Stern took 3 years to ship AC/DC, and it was delivered with the last code release, I think you'd be happy
So it just depends on how important mature code is....
You can pay for a JJP and get it shipped with complete code.... in 2-3 years, or
You can pay for a Stern, get it in couple weeks, and wait 2 years for complete code.

I guess it all works out there same in the end......kinda..... ish.

When has JJP shipped a game with complete code? Woz like originally promised? Nope.
Or you're anticipating TH because that's what's promised?

#8039 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Point taken. But Jack is a salesman...and he's also an eternal optomist. What do you want him to say? "Yeah...you might not get your machine for 2-3 years." That'll really pick the sales up!

See, Even you say he's a liar. At the time, i would have liked to hear the truth about when I would have received my Woz, with finished code.
How can you give your money and support someone like that?
Its nothing new. It's been going on for 5 years.

#8040 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What are the lies exactly? The WOZ shipping delays? WOZ not shipping with complete code? The people that are still thinking about that are non owners and need to get over it. All 1000 LE's and 1000 numbered standards have been shipped for a while now. The code is also extremely deep now and over a dozen updates were released in a 6 month period.
There is still drama here about JJP as about 6 or so Pinsiders can't stand that JJP surpassed everything Stern has ever built with their first game. For some reason they view JJP as a threat to the status quo with that being Stern. They even blame JJP for Stern raising prices which is ridiculous. Stern raised prices and then people (including myself) paid the inflated prices which was their choice instead of demanding a more feature packed game like WOZ for $6500-$8k.

1 week later
#8338 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm with u 100%. Stern lovers on another thread said TH was dead now. I'm LMAO right now.

TH still might be dead. Where is it? Where are the updates?

1 week later
#8680 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Whoops. Welcome to Pinside new guy. Might want to check who you're talking to when you say it like that. I'm quite sure Alex has powdercoated more metal than you have ever seen powdercoated in real life.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lol you must be new here . A quick search should clear that up. And the fact you powdered ramps specifically the ones on The Shadow with the diverter potentially rubbing against it is going to be an issue you may not think so but it impacts the ball movement and skid as well as creates tracks. That's a fact.

great job making the new guy feel welcome. this place gets more and more like RGP every day.
It is possible there are no issues with his ramps on his Shadow. But you guys know everything ... that's a fact.

#8748 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I'll have what he's drinking.

I think that might be the most insane post on pinside.

1 week later
#8810 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The newsletter that went out today where mummite pulled the links from:
jjp_newsletter_2015-10-01.jpg
[edit]: well, pinside seems to be compressing the image so that it looks awful. I tried a PDF instead:

Hobbit_Pinball_Update___Pinball_Expo___New_WOZ_Code_in_Beta_Test.pdf

Is there a shipping update in there somewhere?

#8833 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

No, there are no timeframes mentioned. It looks like they're in the "gathering parts" stage and starting to figure out what each playfield assembly station will do.

Isn't that the only update that matters at this point?

1 month later
#8865 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

8 Games, but only three are A titles, two are B titles and the rest arn't worth mentioning. I'd rather have one AAA title llike the hobbit then a bunch of half assed titles made to bulk up the games per year number
Metallica, ST, TWD,
Kiss, GOT

And there is literally one hobbit. One single game. Get in line to play your "AAA title" at the next show.

1 month later
#9012 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really hoping there aren't all these delays and bullshit and games the second time around. That on top of the price would be a huge turnoff.

Isn't this the second time around?

#9018 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes. Things have obviously taken a while, but there's a big difference to me between a game taking a long time to develop, and taking a long time to build once it's done.
So just saying, now that we're about here, hope JJP can actually pump them off the line faster than WOZ at this same stage.

Who knows if they are "about here"?
that way JJP does business is such a cluster F, everyone knows not to hold too much validity to the pictures posted by them.
It's too bad they dug such a deep hole for themselves over the past few years.

#9070 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I don't know, take your pick
A: vendor going slow shipping parts.
B: The holidays slowed things down
C: Lack of money to buy the parts needed

Are those investors still on board?

2 weeks later
#9275 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

4000+ COMPLETE games not counting all the one off custom games and custom mixed colors.
Since you're pretty new let's apply a little bit of history and add some common sense on top. A good example game were the wire forms for batman forever. Powder coated from the factory in a neon green. After some years those wo reforms were chipping and missing powder and they looked downright terrible. Wire forms have a specific ball travel with little to no variability. They get damaged and need to be redone over time.
What makes you think a ramp, which has constant direct hits at a much higher speed than a typical wire form with varying levels of accuracy and entry angles won't suffer the exact same fate however worse? Because of your single HUO example?
Sorry but that's just not the case. It can and will get destroyed and impact the game.

Instead of trolling this thread, could you share some insight on when they games will finally ship? You do work for JJP, you must know something.

1 month later
#9375 8 years ago

It's nice of Jersey Joe to still allow jack to be the face of JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blandon, PA
$ 25.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=silverballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.