Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 201.
#7151 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Jack is going to have to ramp up production to get the hobbit out to customers while preparing to launch his 3rd pin.

Whoa, you got ahead of yourself. This should have read ... Jack is going to have to ramp up production to get the extra WOZ out to customers while preparing to launch his 2nd pin - TH. His 3rd pin is being designed and is reportedly very far along.

#7152 4 years ago

I'm sure Jack is feeling the pressure to get TH out from the pinball community/distributors and maybe it is close to production, but fulfilling WOZ orders brings in new money which seems like is really needed. I am and always have been a supporter of JJP (bought WOZ-love it!!/TH looks even better/will probably be in on #3), but stating a 2 month estimate to shipping sounds too far off to make me think it's close to being set in stone. Would anyone be surprised if that turned into Oct/Nov?

Adding a second line seems inevitably. There are costs to doing that though and no room for production issues with a new line and/or training new employees. Somehow Jack needs to get caught up so he can run new releases on one line and use the second line for more WOZ & TH orders.

#7153 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Whoa, you got ahead of yourself. This should have read ... Jack is going to have to ramp up production to get the extra WOZ out to customers while preparing to launch his 2nd pin - TH. His 3rd pin is being designed and is reportedly very far along.

I believe he said he's planning to unveil pin #3 at expo and that will be here before you know it. TH will be in full production by then so I don't believe I'm getting to far ahead of myself. Jack stated that pin #3 design is pretty much finished and also there will not be any holdup for licensing or changes in design. Additionally, no pre-orders, so when he shows it at expo then he'll set a production date. This means he'll need to ramp up production on TH.

Quoted from Hitch9:

Stern did the same thing with Lord of the Rings back around 2003-2007. They built many of them for years, because demand was so high. It seemed like they built a batch, and then more orders came through. I bought a LOTR back in 2005, two years after production started. WOZ really didn't start production until May 2013. We are just after the two year mark now. If it's successful Stern keeps pumping them out. They did it until they created the LOTRLE model. I don't see any difference with WOZ. You aren't going to build 700-800 and then have them sit in a warehouse. This is bad business. You will produce them as demand comes through. You can bet that JJP will keep producing them as the orders come through. This is no different than many factories.
The only difference is Stern was building other models as well, in between. JJP is just starting to get to that point.

I totally agree. This is exactly how I see the situation JJP is in now; however, they are going to need to add another line or increase a shift of production to meet demand. If they don't this will be bad business as well.

#7154 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Jack stated that pin #3 design is pretty much finished and also there will not be any holdup for licensing or changes in design.

That could change like it did with TH if the response is underwhelming. #3 is a critical pin. Jack will go all out.

#7155 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I'm sure Jack is feeling the pressure to get TH out from the pinball community/distributors and maybe it is close to production, but fulfilling WOZ orders brings in new money which seems like is really needed. I am and always have been a supporter of JJP (bought WOZ-love it!!/TH looks even better/will probably be in on #3), but stating a 2 month estimate to shipping sounds too far off to make me think it's close to being set in stone. Would anyone be surprised if that turned into Oct/Nov?
Adding a second line seems inevitably. There are costs to doing that though and no room for production issues with a new line and/or training new employees. Somehow Jack needs to get caught up so he can run new releases on one line and use the second line for more WOZ & TH orders.

Now the machines are slated for October. Expo is in October and I agree, he will probably show pats machine at expo. He previously said he wouldn't take preorder money for pats pins, but here's my guess/opinion for how it will work. He will ask for a "small" deposit of 2 grand (in this range anyway.) people will go crazy for a pat pin and pay it. That money will be used to produce hobbit. New hobbits off the line will go to new money, people without previous deposits. People with money down won't be seeing their pins this year. Probably starting next year, another three months.

Now, Thumbs-down away fanboys but this is based on previous history and the changing promises and missed deadlines from jjp.

#7156 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Stern did the same thing with Lord of the Rings back around 2003-2007. They built many of them for years, because demand was so high. It seemed like they built a batch, and then more orders came through. I bought a LOTR back in 2005, two years after production started. WOZ really didn't start production until May 2013. We are just after the two year mark now. If it's successful Stern keeps pumping them out. They did it until they created the LOTRLE model. I don't see any difference with WOZ. You aren't going to build 700-800 and then have them sit in a warehouse. This is bad business. You will produce them as demand comes through. You can bet that JJP will keep producing them as the orders come through. This is no different than many factories.
The only difference is Stern was building other models as well, in between. JJP is just starting to get to that point.

Uhh its night and day different. The difference.... Stern had other shipping products creating revenue. Stern did go back and revisit titles in demand to FILL that demand... JJP has demand they can't convert into revenue because they can't build enough games. They are lacking revenue generation and suffering in cash flow because they don't have enough product to ship. 40 days (who asked if he meant cal days vs biz days?) is horrible for something that is in production right now!

The longer every game takes to build, the more it costs.

#7157 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Late August/early September 2015.

So in realistic terms Oct to Dec for production to start, if not early 2016....

#7158 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Late August/early September 2015.

Call me a cynic...

#7159 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

So in realistic terms Oct to Dec for production to start, if not early 2016....

i know they shipped a bunch of prototype machines at the beginning of WoZ production ( I had the unfortunately pleasure of finding two of them on my search for playable WoZ machines). If they follow the same for TH, perhaps they ship a dozen in Oct, another dozen in November and get feedback before going into real production.... Btw- I'm not suggesting prototypes is a bad idea! Obviously they'd rather catch issues here.

So I think your estimate is about right.

SOME machines ship out in Q4, full production speed by Dec/Jan

The good news is - if they are cranking out WoZ's during that time- no worries about cash flow/ having to furlough factory workers, etc.

#7160 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Uhh its night and day different. The difference.... Stern had other shipping products creating revenue. Stern did go back and revisit titles in demand to FILL that demand... JJP has demand they can't convert into revenue because they can't build enough games. They are lacking revenue generation and suffering in cash flow because they don't have enough product to ship. 40 days (who asked if he meant cal days vs biz days?) is horrible for something that is in production right now!
The longer every game takes to build, the more it costs.

We are not suffering cash flow issues.

I suggest you write "I thinK" or "I guess" when you post here as you write as if you know the facts, which obvious to me, you do not know.

We are fine and doing very well at JJP - Thanks for all of the love and support at Pintastic - amazingly great show for a first show!

#7161 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

You are going to try to convince us shipping a handful of games a week is enough revenue to support your entire org? Or

We are not rubes jack. You may have reserves but cash flow is in vs out. You can micro-manage out to stretch it... But you need to ship. You boast about demand... But are mum on moving units.

#7162 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are going to try to convince us shipping a handful of games a week is enough revenue to support your entire org? Or
We are not rubes jack. You may have reserves but cash flow is in vs out. You can micro-manage out to stretch it... But you need to ship. You boast about demand... But are mum on moving units.

Stern is also 'mum' on how many units they pump out as well. Why would you think JJP would give you that kind of information. Your post seems more of a taunting, than stating facts. A lot of fear mongering and speculation if you ask me.

#7163 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I suggest you write "I thinK" or "I guess" when you post here as you write as if you know the facts, which obvious to me, you do not know.
We are fine and doing very well at JJP

Well "I KNOW" your Paydex rating DROPPED again on the 5th. A terrible sign for a company as healthy as you claim.

Props for ditching the Pre-pay model though!
image.jpg

#7164 4 years ago

Why does anyone care anymore?
The hobbit does look really good. If he gets the games out great. If not, there are many other games from other manufactures coming out to buy. But I've learned not to expect anything from JJP.
And if you've tied up your hard earned money over the past few years, well, that's your problem at this point. Red flags have been surrounding JJP since day one.

#7165 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We are fine and doing very well at JJP - Thanks for all of the love and support at Pintastic - amazingly great show for a first show!

Jack, it was good seeing you again at the show. Thanks a bunch for coming up here.

Nice job on all the redesign work on The Hobbit. I'm really glad you picked putting out a better game over just schlepping it out the door. I hadn't expected it to be as much fun as it was, and the code was much farther along than I thought it would be. Cool game.

#7166 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack, it was good seeing you again at the show. Thanks a bunch for coming up here.
Nice job on all the redesign work on The Hobbit. I'm really glad you picked putting out a better game over just schlepping it out the door. I hadn't expected it to be as much fun as it was, and the code was much farther along than I thought it would be. Cool game.

It certainly looks like a good game. A lot better than I expected.

#7167 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Well "I KNOW" your Paydex rating DROPPED again on the 5th. A terrible sign for a company as healthy as you claim.
Props for ditching the Pre-pay model though!
image.jpg

Could you update that paydex screen shot in exactly ten weeks? Put it in your cell phone calendar so you don't forget!

I think that will tell us just about everything, more so than this snapshot.

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It certainly looks like a good game. A lot better than I expected.

I played Hobbit at the NWest expo, the game is visually stunning! The game play left me a little flat but it's early and things are still being worked on.

#7169 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Stern is also 'mum' on how many units they pump out as well. Why would you think JJP would give you that kind of information.

Stern has proven their capacity and output... Gary doesn't have to give us numbers... They are a known commodity. Jack on the other hand keeps making boasts about what they WILL do... notice the difference??? One is promises, one is delivery. Stern isn't staring down the barrel with months of delays holding their production back with little to fill the gap. Stern isn't burdened with 6++ months of backordered product that must be built with little to no new revenue for that work... work whose cost that has still has to be burdened.

Stern and JJP are in very different boats... JJP has a ton of baggage, and hasn't demonstrated the ability to get out from under it. That's the point being highlighted... Just like with WOZ... JJP has all these backorders to fill. JJP promised #2 wouldn't suffer the same fate... I'm asking 'wheres the beef' when it comes to fixing the manufacturing bottleneck... so those hobbits CAN get out the door.

#7170 4 years ago

JJP is a private company.

Don't ever expect Jack to share the specifics of JJP finances.... Nor should they.

Jacks right, all the comments here are conjecture.... But his promises about delivery, and cash flow are just as subjective.

It's all about what they DO.
1. Can they build a great machine?
2. Do they ship?
3. Do they service their customers and take care of quality issues?
4. Do they pay their suppliers?
5. Can they function without multi year prepayment?

To me, that's all that counts. Everything else will leave folks guessing.

It sure looks like they have nailed #1 on the list.
Time will tell on the rest.

Sadly, look how many have tried and failed to get though step 1, much less step 2.

#7171 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It sure looks like they have nailed #1 on the list.
Time will tell on the rest.

You forgot - 'and do so in a sustainable manner'. Anything can be solved if you just throw time and money at it.. the problem is neither of those are free or abundant. So a company must achieve their goals and do so in a manner that will be sustainable so they can continue to do so... else they will just go dark regardless of the best product or intentions.

You also left out 'prove credible with the market' -- so people will take risks and buy high value items from them.

Buyers need confidence in the product and the company. The concern is given the long run rate with limited return... is the sustainability there? The creditor reports hurt that story as does the continued problems of lack of manufacturing output. Jack made lots of promises after WoZ got going about how #2 would be different. Do you feel #2 has been different?

I think the market is willing to pay their prices... I think they have the staff to make leading games. But they gotta demonstrate the ability to produce and do so in a cadence that will allow them to survive.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

he will probably show pats machine at expo.

History has shown previewing future products too early can be unwise. This type of business move can lead to "The Osborne Effect."

Had a catastrophic effect on sales of a business with a great product. Ultimately destroyed the company which ended up receiving an eponymous definition for the decision that caused its demise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

Everything so far is very impressive with The Hobbit, other than the horrific delays.

#7173 4 years ago

I'm willing to put a $1000 deposit towards a game. And the rest due at build time. The Spooky Modelâ„¢. That's it. I don't care what the game, company, or theme is, I'm not doing more than that.

I almost caved on that with TBL, but pulled back from the edge when it was time to actually send in money. Never again.

Frankly there is a whole world of interesting pins from all kinds of eras out there that I will happily buy instead. If you want my NIB dollars that's the most I'm gonna "prepay".

#7174 4 years ago

I just got home from an awesome pinball show. Jack and all the others in the vendor area did a fantastic job of keeping it entertaining. Can't wait till the next one.

#7175 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You also left out 'prove credible with the market' -- so people will take risks and buy high value items from them.
Buyers need confidence in the product and the company. The concern is given the long run rate with limited return... is the sustainability there? .

You misunderstood my list, or I was too vague.

I wasn't trying to suggest they should do SOME of those things to be a success, I meant they needed to do ALL of them.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, once they get to the final step- "survive without prepay" - then they are viable. Period.

Until then folks will continue to guess at whether they are "stealing from Prepay Peter to pay prepaid Paul."

#7176 4 years ago

Jack, good to see you at Pintastic, the game looked great. Last time I saw it was at Automated Services Christmas party. I didn't see you lift the playfield and give the underside tour for these folks but then every time I walked by there was someone playing and someone waiting. So the smaller venue was easier for that; they would have been even more impressed.

#7177 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm willing to put a $1000 deposit towards a game. And the rest due at build time. The Spooky Modelâ„¢. That's it. I don't care what the game, company, or theme is, I'm not doing more than that... ...If you want my NIB dollars that's the most I'm gonna "prepay".

I'm with you. I'll be at Expo and I hope we get to see Pat's pin. I will gladly put down $1k if it looks good.

#7178 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You misunderstood my list, or I was too vague.
I wasn't trying to suggest they should do SOME of those things to be a success, I meant they needed to do ALL of them.
Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, once they get to the final step- "survive without prepay" - then they are viable. Period.
Until then folks will continue to guess at whether they are "stealing from Prepay Peter to pay prepaid Paul."

You and I agree on that. Unfortunately the prepay model is now dead. And I say "unfortunately" because a lot of folks in the hobby had to lose money to get here. But that killed it. Jack delivered every single pre-paid WOZ that he received the money for. But even after pulling off such an amazing feat, the world is now a different place. So Jack will need to adapt to the current world.

It sounds like he has. Actually he's tougher than me. I've got much thinner skin than him. If there was this much conjecture, outright guesses, damn lies, and statistics about my business dealings, I'm not sure how I'd handle it. He just chugs along and builds pinball machines... And don't kid yourself, that's what he's doing. And it seems to me he will be doing it for a long time. But it's ok to doubt him.

And don't get me wrong, I'm irritated I liked The Hobbit so much. My expectation for my first plays was "meh". I really did hate the movies. But I really like modes in pinball. I think that game is going to mess up my entire gameroom plan.

#7179 4 years ago

Jack will have plenty of cash once he starts actually shipping machines. There are plenty of people like myself that are just sitting on the sidelines until we see the pictures of Hobbits showing up in people's homes. I think JJP will do just fine. They've created a quality product.

#7180 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Jack will have plenty of cash once he starts actually shipping machines. There are plenty of people like myself that are just sitting on the sidelines until we see the pictures of Hobbits showing up in people's homes. I think JJP will do just fine. They've created a quality product.

I agree with this. Despite all the BS of the past, and I lived through several long years of Woz, I think/hope we are about to move into another stage with JJP.

That's good for pinball. If Woz is still selling and has steady demand can you imagine what TH will look like when it actually gets out the door.

So many people are waiting on the sidelines to see what TH becomes and for me, what Lawlor's game is going to be. He would have to do a totally ridiculous theme for me not to get it. I bought Woz after all.

#7181 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Could you update that paydex screen shot in exactly ten weeks? Put it in your cell phone calendar so you don't forget!
I think that will tell us just about everything, more so than this snapshot.

Oh, it's much simpler than all that, silly goose. Just ask for updates on companies that you're interested in. Email updates just arrive when there is a change in status.

#7182 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Jack will have plenty of cash once he starts actually shipping machines.

Aren't they all paid up for already (hobbits that is). How will that bring in new cash unless there is line hopping?

#7183 4 years ago

JJP is looking for ways to produces the highest quality pin, my intention is to own each of them. Sad truth , stern is searching for ways to cut corners everywhere, and they are having many quality control issues. I know, as I have bought all of their releases. It seems that a handful of haters seem to project and hope with their overbearing , constant negative
Rants, never intending to to own, that Jack will fail, and they could be the I told you so
hero s ! Get a life.

#7184 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Aren't they all paid up for already (hobbits that is).

I'm not paid in full. JJP hasn't asked for the balance. I can't believe I'm the only one.

#7185 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Aren't they all paid up for already (hobbits that is). How will that bring in new cash unless there is line hopping?

Revenue recognition.

#7186 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

JJP is looking for ways to produces the highest quality pin, my intention is to own each of them. Sad truth , stern is searching for ways to cut corners everywhere, and they are having many quality control issues.. .

Meh.

Does highest quality means changing their manufacturing process or vendors to save money ?
( Clearcoated cabs to decals , change PF suppliers with some bad ones still floating around and getting stickers for it, etc.)

Most companies involved in manufacturing are always looking to improve their process and lower costs.
JJP & Stern included.

As to "many" QC issues compare the volume and multiple titles produced by Stern vs the issues with one (1) JJP offering thus far.I would think Stern has had fewer issues across multiple titles than the slow delivery and multiple issues WOZ had.

Hopefully JJP has learned and can apply its knowledge moving forward becasue there is room for two solid manufacturers but they really need to step up and deliver (on time) unless their business model is a 1~2 game every couple years.

#7187 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Oh, it's much simpler than all that, silly goose. Just ask for updates on companies that you're interested in. Email updates just arrive when there is a change in status.

I could only see where dun & bradstreet would release the info if I subscribe at $100+. If you have a free source that I could access, I'd appreciate the info.

So what is JJP's actual paydex SCORE? Because, silly rabbit, that is much more relevant than a Paydex score drop of unknown amount like that you cite, which is apparently TRIVIAL enough that it resulted in NO CHANGE to their:
-"Delinquency Predictor Class;"
-"Financial Stress Class;"
-"Supplier Evaluation Rating;"
-"D&B Rating."
based on your screenshot jpg.

So this could entirely be consistent with a score drop from, say 84 to 83, which is a very good score consistent with a stable company. Whatever the value of the drop you cite, it made NO DIFFERENCE on their "delinquency predictor" or anything else. Like when stock drops from $100/share to $99.99/share: virtually meaningless.

Easy way to solve this: just tell us what the Paydex score is. According to Dun & Bradstreet, anything greater than 80 means a company that pays its debts "promptly."
http://www.dnb.com/company/our-data/risk-management-tools-dnb-ratings/rating-paydex-and-score-tables.html

So don't keep us in suspense: what's the ACTUAL Paydex score?

While you're at it, how about getting us D&B's Viability Rating, Commercial Credit Score, and Financial Stress Score?

And remember, silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

#7188 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

JJP is looking for ways to produces the highest quality pin, my intention is to own each of them. Sad truth , stern is searching for ways to cut corners everywhere, and they are having many quality control issues. I know, as I have bought all of their releases. It seems that a handful of haters seem to project and hope with their overbearing , constant negative
Rants, never intending to to own, that Jack will fail, and they could be the I told you so
hero s ! Get a life.

#7189 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We are not suffering cash flow issues. We are fine and doing very well at JJP -

Quoted from Banker:

JJP is looking for ways to produces the highest quality pin, my intention is to own each of them. Sad truth , stern is searching for ways to cut corners everywhere, and they are having many quality control issues.

All very gratifying to hear...

I assume TaylorVa's new PF is on the way then?

#7192 4 years ago

the game looks great, a lot of work has gone into it. love the theme.
ill wait till its at a distro somewhere, and out there, before tieing money up for quite a while..
no real need to advance pay money and get it no quicker...

and yeah, what was taylors resolve on his pf issue ?

#7194 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The down voters, the guys consistently hoping Jjp fails... Not going to happen...jack will be laughing as the company gets better and better
image.jpg

Oh crap! Can I up vote that post so you can update the picture?

#7195 4 years ago

I was having a moment... Can't really post the things I did. It was pointing people out.... Had to go back and delete....

I'll leave these words for the group

Jack isn't going anywhere. Those who trash talk on this group and want to see him fail can continue to do so. As a company you endure good critics and bad ones. Not every move you make is 100% flawless. Jjp isn't going anywhere, the index can kiss my ass. The down voters have no inside knowledge of the current state of Jjp. He's not going anywhere!!!!!

#7196 4 years ago

Doesn't seem to be much of a update on Pinside. The people that were at the Pintastic Show got to see the Hobbit, & Jack talk very briefly on a number of things. I got my first chance to play about 10 games over the show since I was watching my WOZ next to it. At other shows I just looked at the Hobbit. It played well in my opinion, & was very impressed with what I saw. I got to admit that with Hobbit turned up, I did the same with my WOZ!

It was a pleasure to see Jack & company at the show. There were 3 WOZ 75th at the show, unfortunately my WOZ had a rare failure & we robbed a part from the middle pin. I had a lot of fun with my WOZ with Jack there, & decided to get him going with my WOZ going down after working for many hours during the set up at the show.

Here is my brief story line: Thursday night late I decide after many beers to open up my WOZ & look to fix it myself. So after going over just about everything in the cabinet it was time to remove the monitor in the head which I have never done before. Saw the 4 screws & asked Jack if that was the way to go. Well I can't imagine the thoughts going through his head watching me going at my new WOZ 75th just off the line & on the truck to the show. So he said wait until Butch or Lloyd were available Friday before the show. Well I didn't sleep well knowing my pin was down. So after breakfast I went over everything again, & Jack decided to see for himself knowing I was going for the monitor next. That was really funny since Lloyd arrived & we watched Jack going over everything. So Jack was stumped also. Butch showed up & I worked with him. I was right the 4 screws remove the monitor for service, & we tried the next game monitor & my pin came back to life. I have a very loose 12 volt harness I will secure with silicone. I guessed the board with ic's to the monitor failed, but it was the smaller board. So i'm sure Jack was thinking that I always seem to get the cursed pin, but it's always fun working on stuff.

Really enjoyed seeing & talking with Jack & crew. Yes Jack still gets inside the pins to fix them. Job well done & didn't have to open a service ticket!

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Revenue recognition.

That's only an accounting twist... It's not like the money is held back from the company... They just can't book it as revenue... But since they are private... It only matters when jack shops the company to investors. The money could be spent prior. The question is have they spent it prior... Or been able to keep it in reserve.

I doubt pinball sales.com and invisiglass sales are enough to keep them cash positive... So they gotta get those woz games pumping out the door...

#7198 4 years ago

Thank goodness the preorder model will no longer exist after the Hobbit. Preorder is supposed to mean order it early so you get an early ship date. It turns out many companies twisted it to mean "invest in my startup" JJP included, but JJP proved that they are a serious company with WOZ. It was a bumpy road and it continues to be with the Hobbit, but the road is leading somewhere. I am certain that this Rocky period will soon be behind them. What needs to be remembered above all else is JJP is trying to make the best pinballs ever conceived. That is truly their goal. You can criticize Jack all you want for some snafus, screw ups and some inelegant politics, but his heart is in the right place. Jack will do what it takes to achieve his goal. I admire that. Think of this: Wizard Of OZ is unlike any pinball before it. The Hobbit is also unlike any pin before it. Stern makes some great games, but they are all very similar. I'm getting tired of it, personally. JJP is a true alternative.

#7199 4 years ago

Just my opinion but it's not that hard to realize. WOZ has surpassed anything Stern has ever built and it's only JJP's first game. I say that being someone who has bought two NIB Sterns in the past couple years. There's just no comparison. JJP games have more focus on features, tech, sound, and code. You can tell that the whole team wanted to make an incredible pinball machine with WOZ. I expect to see the same thing with The Hobbit and Pats game.

#7200 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

All very gratifying to hear...
I assume TaylorVa's new PF is on the way then?

And that all vendors invoices have been paid in a timely manner?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside