Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 201.
#6801 4 years ago

I'm jiggy!

burn_witch.jpg

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

[Mod note] Please take a 24 hour break from the thread, come back with a positive attitude for future contributions.

I seriously LOLd.

#6803 4 years ago

At this point it is clear that this topic has completely derailed. Could we please keep it on topic. If that means no news == no posts then I think that's better than derailing into a car thread.

Don't get me wrong, cars are cool but please open a separate topic in O/T to discuss them and then leave this topic for discussing the Hobbit game.

Thank you!

#6804 4 years ago

I was going to ask all the car nerds what forum they frequent,

... so I can log in there and talk about pinball machines in their US muscle vs European sports car topics

Is the success of WOZ delaying the Hobbit?

#6805 4 years ago

So any rumor of a new hobbit code update for Pintastic? It's just over a week away.

#6806 4 years ago

Question for Keith,

Are all 34 modes using video progression clips where hitting each lit shot shows a new video clip from a scene representing a mode? David mentioned in his presentation that he is using what he calls "award stinger" sound effects in these types of modes.

Thanks!

#6807 4 years ago

Very excited for the next update... And the upcoming JJP open house.

My distro mentioned there might be an update this week. I sure hope so!

Would also like to learn more about TH code/modes/game play. Got a chance to play it at Pinfest and was impressed by everything.

Fingers crossed in anticipation!

#6808 4 years ago

When is the open house?

#6809 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

When is the open house?

August 29th..

#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

At this point it is clear that this topic has completely derailed. Could we please keep it on topic. If that means no news == no posts then I think that's better than derailing into a car thread.
Don't get me wrong, cars are cool but please open a separate topic in O/T to discuss them and then leave this topic for discussing the Hobbit game.
Thank you!

#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I was going to ask all the car nerds what forum they frequent,
... so I can log in there and talk about pinball machines in their US muscle vs European sports car topics
Is the success of WOZ delaying the Hobbit?

Audiworld.com

#6812 4 years ago

So now we are back on topic there is one point that I think is pretty important to me. I was on pinballsales.com reading the feature list and I'm curious about the game number plaque. It says:
-Each game will have a numbered plaque affixed to the game apron to be seen under the playfield glass..

I absolutely love the plaque on my WOZLE. I was sad when I learned there was no wooden apron on TH but whatever JJP does I hope it's as cool as WOZLE. I'd like to see the game number light up or be holographic or something crazy like that. (pipe dream I'm sure)

I haven't seen a prototype with anything resembling numbered plaque. Also I think the metal plaque on my STLE looks more like a corporate asset tag then a collector's numbered plaque. I think/hope JJP can do something more artistic.

plaque_st.jpg

plaque_woz.jpg

#6813 4 years ago

That first pic must've been taken with an android phone.

#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That first pic must've been taken with an android phone.

Always the clever one you are Boob... actually I was too lazy to go down and take actual photos so I used that magical box called google

#6815 4 years ago

Awesome... Since cars are out, let's debate cell phones now!

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Draining the thread since mods refuse to boot the people continuing the cargument even after they were warned. Oh well.

Oh well is right. Why announce it, just go..

#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Thank you!

What's the Hobbit update?

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

"https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/signout"

Funny, edited by moderator.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's coming out this year. No Hobbit update is better than a car update.

#6820 4 years ago

I was very excited to see that many other people who are interested in the Hobbit also share some of my other passions, and in my now regrettable excitement, I too slipped from the fluid perfection that is The Hobbit Update Thread. For that I must apologize. I was not aware of the high aspirations for purity of content and a perceivable majority sensitive to this kind of disruption.

I feel my trespass warrants some explanation, and in hopes of righting my wrong, some direction to separate off thread discussion to preserve what remains of this thread.

To those dutifully defending the exquisite perfection of this thread and who I clearly offended, I will sacrifice my own great interest in the Hobbit to avoid taking comparable offense to any effort to constrain discussion.
I my defense, in my other experiences online in forums, such diversions typically returned to original topics quickly when actual discussion about the topic was underway

My fault was in considering a forum to be a social environment, comparable to a bus stop or a back yard BBQ where everyone is brought together under a shared interest. I considered it a social place where conversation drifts between ideas and responds naturally from idea to idea. In my own human experience this has happened in almost all comparable situations. However hindsight has afforded me the understanding that I was woefully unprepared for this particular environment. In those other cases, this kind of ebb and flow made for a deeper bond with the group as it broadened our awareness of each other beyond the single origination point. I now understand that isn’t as normal as I had once thought.

I am new to Pinside and have found that overall the environment is welcoming and engaging. However my recent error here has given me appropriate caution. I will explore more carefully thanks to those who helped me see my poor reasoning. It does make me wonder though, were this topic more like others, Jersey Jack and team might have a different opinion of Pinside.

On a side note, after reviewing the full discussion, I might also point out the total posts that are purely Hobbit updates are quite rare and far from the majority. If properly aligned to the actual content, this should surely be more appropriately titled: Complaining and/or defending about a lack of updates, delays and the manufacture, owner, and employees of the company who’s making a game that we love and can’t wait to play. Not as catchy, I know, but what else can you when perfection is your goal?

Anyone interested in responding without further disruption should consider the topics below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorry-this-isnt-the-hobbit-thread-your-looking-for#post-2544753.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steelies%E2%80%A6wheels-or-balls-what-do-you-drive-for-pinside-carguys#post-2544759

and really off topic

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trucknuts-just-for-trucks-other-places-to-hang-a-pair#post-2544767
Everyone is welcome, my apologies again. I hope my response will help this thread reach its goal of perfection.

#6821 4 years ago

Meh, just a letdown seeing 50 new posts on the summary, clicking in excitement thinking something new is finally happening only to find nothing but OT small talk after weeding through them all, nothing of interest for those that were drawn to it for a promise of an update. At least someone could have thrown up a couple of boob shots as a consolation prize.

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

At least someone could have thrown up a couple of boob shots as a consolation prize.

Sorry dude, those days are over:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly

#6823 4 years ago

Sad days indeed when we must separate boobs and pinball. What's next, censored backglass pics?

#6824 4 years ago

Lol, i got downvoted cause i gave a troll an auto-eject link.

How sad.

#6825 4 years ago

Alex,

I'm interested in potentially buying The Hobbit. That being said, why are you destroying a thread for the very company you have supported in 1,000 + other posts? I honestly don't get it. People who can afford high end cars ($80K+) should hopefully be mature enough to not engage in tit for tat internet fights. What happened to your constructive thoughts?

To be fair, the Mods have to be seriously called out on this thread. It's absolutely ridiculous that they can't do their jobs in order to keep this thread in line. I'm happy to take over as a mod if you don't care to actually keep this thread on track and talk about what it's supposed to be discussing which is the delivery of The Hobbit.

It's funny because this shit would NEVER happen in a Spooky thread.

#6826 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

How sad.

Probably just misunderstood I think. A bunch of non-trolls probably clicked it and got booted out. I could see how that might upset some. I clicked it without thinking too much and found myself outside the gate. "Ha, lol" was my reaction, but...

#6827 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

How sad.

awwww.

Click ALT-F4 and it will give you a free upvote.

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

awwww.
Click ALT-F4 and it will give you a free upvote.

#6829 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Alex,
I'm interested in potentially buying The Hobbit.

Really? I'd picture you more the sniping type rather than actually interested... Oh, you were kidding so you could take a shot at Alex. I see what you did there. Good job of calling out a tit for tat with a tit for tat.

#6830 4 years ago

seriously though.. 137 pages. Can someone give us the TL;DR hobbit update?

#6831 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

In a Spooky thread, we could talk about the best 3D printer to buy and it wouldn't necessarily be off-topic.

#6832 4 years ago

A picture of all of the parts waiting to be assembled would be cool. A ton of drop target banks, etc.

#6833 4 years ago

Jack's recently announced he's doing his JJP open house at the end of August. He originally wasn't going to do it this year because of Pintastic. I'm thinking he announced it because he knows the game will be in production by then. Why else would he invite a gaggle of angry and impatient pre-orderers to his factory to give him hell in person? Makes no sense. I'm thinking we'll see our first Hobbits ship in the next eight weeks. Otherwise, I'm going down to the factory to give him hell in person.

#6834 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

never say never.
Spooky is just new and everyone is excited about it. And so far they've been very open and honest and most importantly, don't have a lot of money from a lot of people. And there's been lots of good news revolving around Spooky.

#6835 4 years ago

Hi everyone!

We apologize for the wild west nature of this thread in recent days & weeks. Since I am not interested in "The Hobbit" machine, I have not spent a lot of time in this update thread. Couple this with many moderators taking advantage of the summer season to spend time with family and friends, and some threads like this one have flown under the radar. Now, the Mod Team will be spending more time in this thread, keeping some order.

Robin has already made a post about keeping this thread "on topic". So consider this a warning to all posters. If you post something off topic, you can expect a 24 hour eject. If you continue posting off topic, you will be permanently ejected from this thread.

Please respect Robin's request to keep things friendly.

Also, please remember that you can always open a Moderator Feedback thread if you would like to discuss something that you think we, the Mod Team, should be addressing. Criticizing the moderator team on an open forum thread is still against Pinside rules. We are not going to retroactively punish anyone in this thread. But we will be more strict moving forward.

Have fun, but play nice.

Have a great holiday weekend! Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

Marcus

#6836 4 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

If properly aligned to the actual content, this should surely be more appropriately titled: Complaining and/or defending about a lack of updates, delays and the manufacture, owner, and employees of the company who’s making a game that we love and can’t wait to play.

hmmmmm

#6837 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

never say never.
Spooky is just new and everyone is excited about it. And so far they've been very open and honest and most importantly, don't have a lot of money from a lot of people. And there's been lots of good news revolving around Spooky.

Open and honest?
Don't take a lot of people's money?

Don't downplay that! Those are actually pretty HUGE differentiators in this industry of boutique pinball....

#6838 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Criticizing the moderator team on an open forum thread is still against Pinside rules. We are not going to retroactively punish anyone in this thread. But we will be more strict moving forward.

I love that you use the word 'punish' because it perfectly fits with what this has devolved to.. "Better not mouth off to momma or she'll bend you over her knee and give you a whuppin!"

Yea, 24 hour ban, whatever... this thread is useless without new information from JJP anyway. Have a great weekend talking about ... !

#6839 4 years ago

I have an actual question about The Hobbit. Is the QR code feature so you can post your score on social media going to stay in the production code for the game? If so, will it configurable so that you can turn it on or off?

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I have an actual question about The Hobbit. Is the QR code feature so you can post your score on social media going to stay in the production code for the game? If so, will it configurable so that you can turn it on or off?

I think so, but I'm afraid to even post in this thread anymore. I think I'll just stick to updates in my restoration thread until things settle down around here. Sorry, Metallik!

#6841 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think so, but I'm afraid to even post in this thread anymore. I think I'll just stick to updates in my restoration thread until things settle down around here. Sorry, Metallik!

It's not all that complicated just stay on topic. Which means this thread is about the Hobbit so talk about that. Pretty simple.

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

If I recall correctly, in the Northwest presentation they said that it will be in production versions, and will also be ported to WOZ at some point.

As for shutting it off, I'd guess it was just another screen in the software, and that is usually not configurable.

#6843 4 years ago

I wonder if Metalink will ever donate to pinside again?

#6844 4 years ago

To be fair, this thread is about a Hobbit update from over a year ago (when the lower half of the white wood was revealed). Doesn't seem to be much discussion about that particular update anymore.

It does not lend the impression of being an all encompassing Hobbit update thread to me (other than post count), but your mileage may vary.

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's not all that complicated just stay on topic. Which means this thread is about the Hobbit so talk about that. Pretty simple.

Most things are simple, most people are not.

#6846 4 years ago

Any updates?

#6847 4 years ago

We will probably not hear another update until the end of the month when JJP has his open house. I plan on attending, hoping to see Hobbits on the assembly line.

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

We will probably not hear another update until the end of the month when JJP has his open house. I plan on attending, hoping to see Hobbits on the assembly line.

Update this Friday at 7pm from Pintastic New England! If you cant make it get your questions ready for Jack. The seminars will be lives streamed by Jared.

#6849 4 years ago

Rumor is an update will be coming around the time of the Pintastic Show on the 11th-12th.

#6850 4 years ago

Will JJP be at ReplayFX at the end of the month?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
Trade
Sale Pending!
Springboro, OH
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside