Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 201.
#8851 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Nope. Another guarantee that it will be produced "this month" by Jack is the latest offering.

21 days left!

#8852 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Nope. Another guarantee that it will be produced "this month" by Jack is the latest offering.

They've been saying "production starting this Fall" for a while, which gives them until Dec 21 this year. Of course if Jack's updated that to "this month" then the heat is on! I'm just hoping they hit the later date, would be a bummer if no games are on the line in 2015.

#8853 4 years ago

We're almost at 3 years since the announcement of TH that was a month after Full Throttle was announced. Stern has released 8 new pins in the time since TH was anounced. Avengers, Metallica, ST, Mustang, TWD, WWE, Kiss, GOT.

I'm sure it's worth the wait and all, but I'm surely glad I didn't pre-order and instead bought STLE and IMVE, the sad thing is some people who have this on order may still be waiting this time next year.

#8854 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We're almost at 3 years since the announcement of TH that was a month after Full Throttle was announced. Stern has released 8 new pins in the time since TH was anounced. Avengers, Metallica, ST, Mustang, TWD, WWE, Kiss, GOT.
I'm sure it's worth the wait and all, but I'm surely glad I didn't pre-order and instead bought STLE and IMVE, the sad thing is some people who have this on order may still be waiting this time next year.

8 Games, but only three are A titles, two are B titles and the rest arn't worth mentioning. I'd rather have one AAA title llike the hobbit then a bunch of half assed titles made to bulk up the games per year number

Metallica, ST, TWD,

Kiss, GOT

#8855 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

8 Games, but only three are A titles, two are B titles and the rest arn't worth mentioning. I'd rather have one AAA title llike the hobbit then a bunch of half assed titles made to bulk up the games per year number
Metallica, ST, TWD,
Kiss, GOT

Stern does have some duds, but I can't imagine what I'd be thinking if I had put down money 3 years ago and still no pin. It'd be possible that Stern will deliver the next pin or two before some pre-orders get their Hobbit.

I'd hope Jack doesn't do anything in poor taste like selling standard editions to walk in customers while pre-orders are still waiting for their games, but that'd never happen with a classy guy like Jack.

#8856 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd hope Jack doesn't do anything in poor taste like selling standard editions to walk in customers while pre-orders are still waiting for their games, but that'd never happen with a classy guy like Jack.

He had to do that to keep the doors open with the new money.

Super sucky move if you were stuck waiting, but you have to hand it to Jack, he knows how to hold his head above water.

#8857 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It'd be possible that Stern will deliver the next pin or two before some pre-orders get their Hobbit.

I'll stick my cock out and say 4 more Sterns get delivered before everyone gets their Hobbit.

#8858 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'll stick my cock out and say 4 more Sterns get delivered before everyone gets their Hobbit.

Well, that's not much of a stretch. Um...your prediction, I mean.

#8859 4 years ago

Funny, but I find all the Stern games mentioned to be somewhat dated. I'd rather wait for a really great innovative game. If I bought something less I don't think I'd be completely satisfied - I'd probably just try to tell myself I did the right thing but there would be that nagging suspicion that I really settled for second best . Then I'd spend half my day hanging out in the Hobbit thread just to see what I might be missing. I guess I'm in for the duration no matter how long it takes.

#8860 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Funny, but I find all the Stern games mentioned to be somewhat dated. I'd rather wait for a really great innovative game.

All conventional pinball is super dated. Stern and JJP included.

Pin2000 was a real innovation, but that was almost 20 years ago (the patents run out next year).

The closest thing we have to innovation is Multimorphic P3. If you have played that, your mind explodes with possibilities.

#8861 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The closest thing we have to innovation is Multimorphic P3. If you have played that, your mind explodes with possibilities.

Vid -

I couldn't agree more with your assessment. The Multimorphic P3 is so unique and fun to play that I pre-orded one (my first new pin) on the spot. A pre-order I look forward to completing as soon as it is available.

I love the way you stated "If you have played that, your mind explodes with possibilities." although I have to admit that until speaking with Gerry - I had no idea of the many possibilities. This platform is truly incredible and Lexy Lightspeed is most anticipated by me.

All of that said - I found The Hobbit to be one of the most beautifully engineered machines. I love the graphics, lighting, and gameplay. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same of Lexy - but the platform is so amazing I bit.

#8862 4 years ago

duplicate post

#8863 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I found The Hobbit to be one of the most beautifully engineered machines.

Obviously, I've only played the prototype, but it seems fun.

#8864 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Obviously, I've only played the prototype, but it seems fun.

Ah! So that WAS you at Expo insulting the girls!

#8865 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Metallica, ST, TWD,
Kiss, GOT

And there is literally one hobbit. One single game. Get in line to play your "AAA title" at the next show.

#8866 4 years ago

Well TWD and Metallica are only B titles to me, actually TWD is a C because I really, really dislike the theme. Band themes do nothing for me. Although AC/DC to me is so well done it's my favorite of the band pins although I'm not a fan of that particularly band. ST could still use some refinements especially in more creative modes so I'd put it in at an A-.

Hopefully TH really will be an A or even A+ but a release date and it actually happening does need to take place soon. I understand the angst for those who've been waiting a long time and Stern's been putting out lots of pins.

#8867 4 years ago

I'm just waiting for some new news

#8868 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

IMO, Stern does not care about what the customer wants. Stern is out to cut costs and make money. They are in it for personal gain. Don't get me wrong, JJP is also in it for the money as well. We all have to make a living, but it appears to me the JJP cares more about their customers and their opinions and they have shown that with all the changes the have made to TH. The difference between JJP and Stern is that this is Jack's Passion. He loves what he does where as Stern is more like, send me a check and ill show you a machine.
Jack is the Willy Wonka of Pinball.
Just MHO.

Ahhhh it's a profit deal!

Quoted from lordloss:

Metallica, ST, TWD,
Kiss, GOT

I have played the Hobbit and its a good game (could be an A lister) not sure yet but to call it a "AAA title" is silly IMHO

#8869 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

but you have to hand it to Jack, he knows how to hold his head above water.

Yeah... I wonder how he does it?

jackstrat.jpg

#8870 4 years ago

As a pre-orderer, if my pre-order helps get a machine like TH made, I'm happy. I hope this hobby keeps growing. I want Stern, JJP, heighway, Spooky, etc to keep the games coming. It's good for all of us who love this hobby.

#8871 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Latest I've seen is still that JJP "hopes" to have Hobbit on the line this fall (i.e. by late December). So if they can stick to that hopefully the first owners will be receiving games early in 2016.

Sooner

#8872 4 years ago

I hope it's true!

#8873 4 years ago

Each passing day lowers the likelihood.

Wouldn't it be nicer to see pictures of wiring harnesses being strung onto playfields, instead of pictures of playfield plastics arriving?

At this point, time isn't money. Time is time.

#8874 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Wouldn't it be nicer to see pictures of wiring harnesses being strung onto playfields, instead of pictures of playfield plastics arriving?

They can not send pictures of that simply because they don't start the production yet. Unfortunately....

#8875 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I was told tentative Nov 17th the line fires up.
I guess we see next week in 6 days if any new pics get posted...

#8876 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I was told tentative Nov 17th the line fires up.
I guess we see next week in 6 days if any new pics get posted...

That'll be great if they pull it off -- having at least a few Hobbits delivered before Christmas would probably make all of the pre-order folks feel much happier. For my part I can't wait to try one on location!

#8877 4 years ago

Worth the wait...

jjp_please.png

#8878 4 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Worth the wait...

jjp_please.png

Have you played them both?

#8879 4 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Worth the wait...

And that is with the old toys, ramps, rails, pf, etc. The Hobbit looks several times better now.

Probably 'worth the wait', but it sure has taken a long while to get to the finish line.

#8880 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Have you played them both?

I have played neither - taking my chances on The Hobbit. Hell, I have made worse gambles in my day...

#8881 4 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Worth the wait...

jjp_please.png

I actually prefer the GOT dragon... Just sayin

#8882 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I actually prefer the GOT dragon... Just sayin

I am not a big fan of the way JJP implemented Smaug (even if it could have spit multiballs out of his mouth). But they have stuck to the design (for the most part) of a talking Smaug head. Not really all that innovative with Funhouse and Godzilla - but it should/can be effective.

Perhaps there will be mods by Matt to add hands or a back/wings to that area to really make it pop.

#8883 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have played neither - taking my chances on The Hobbit. Hell, I have made worse gambles in my day...

My point was just that people post pictures as if that means anything. You're not buying artwork. You're buying a game. By all accounts, nobody gives a shit about the GOT artwork once they start playing the game.

#8884 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My point was just that people post pictures as if that means anything. You're not buying artwork. You're buying a game. By all accounts, nobody gives a shit about the GOT artwork once they start playing the game.

I do.

#8885 4 years ago

I'd love to have you explain what you're seeing in the artwork when you're trying to keep three balls alive. AC/DC is ugly as sin, but a blast to play. I learned to get over the ugly and enjoy the fun. It's great when you have both, but that very rarely happens.

#8886 4 years ago

I'm in on Hobbit, and initially dismissed GOT based on early photos and reaction. After playing both at expo, I'm a lot more excited about the gameplay on GOT than TH. I'll probably wait around and grab GOT Premium, possibly used. If I hadn't already paid for TH, I would be putting my money on GOT instead. TH looks nice, and I'm hoping the rules will be fun, but the game paled in comparison to the FUN FACTOR of GOT, just sayin'.

#8887 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm in on Hobbit, and initially dismissed GOT based on early photos and reaction. After playing both at expo, I'm a lot more excited about the gameplay on GOT than TH. I'll probably wait around and grab GOT Premium, possibly used. If I hadn't already paid for TH, I would be putting my money on GOT instead. TH looks nice, and I'm hoping the rules will be fun, but the game paled in comparison to the FUN FACTOR of GOT, just sayin'.

Ladies and Gentlemen...the voice of reason.

#8888 4 years ago

It will be nice when JJP ships so that we can stop with the 11/17 of what year jokes - and just bash the machine for what it is or isn't

By the way: why don't we call this the 2014 Hobbit Update Thread for consistency...

#8889 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

having at least a few Hobbits delivered before Christmas would probably make all of the pre-order folks feel much happier.

That's what everyone said last year, too.

Realistically, I bet I don't see my game for another year.

#8890 4 years ago

Both will be at my house in the next few months. Any and all are welcome to come play .

#8891 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Realistically, I bet I don't see my game for another year.

This is why I decided to get out back in May. Even with all the excessive delays, they don't exactly have a great track record of pumping the games out the door when the production finally starts either.

#8892 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Both will be at my house in the next few months. Any and all are welcome to come play .

I may take you up on that offer

I am just down the road.

#8893 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yeah... I wonder how he does it?
jackstrat.jpg

You do whatever it takes to survive......

hob2.jpg

#8894 4 years ago

Play them, buy them or don't. Pretty simple. I am in on GOTLE and Smaug , so ill play both and love every minute of it until the next big thing comes along

#8895 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd love to have you explain what you're seeing in the artwork when you're trying to keep three balls alive. AC/DC is ugly as sin, but a blast to play. I learned to get over the ugly and enjoy the fun. It's great when you have both, but that very rarely happens.

I'm happy to play any game that's fun, whether it's on location or in someone else's house, regardless of how ugly it is or whatever other flaws it might have.

However, if I'm going to pay what manufacturers are asking for games these days, the game has to have it all, a theme I like, good art, game play, sound, rules, etc...

Otherwise I'll just hold onto my money and wait for something to come along that does hit all those marks.

#8896 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ladies and Gentlemen...the voice of reason.

Played both to death at Expo. They are obvious two different beasts from two different designer/programmers. I'm in on both. The experience I had on Hobbit is something you will never get on any GOT 'type" machine. Yes GOT is fast and fun however how Hobbit immersed me into the whole experience with play, sound and sight is exceptional. They will be two completely different experiences and for me I like both! The whole package as far as bang for the buck again subjective but I would have to give it to Hobbit.

#8897 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Quoted from Goronic:

I may take you up on that offer
I am just down the road.

Oh I'm in too. Or I am willing to be adopted for Christmas.

#8898 4 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Oh I'm in too. Or I am willing to be adopted for Christmas.

New topic needed -> Wanted - Pinside Angels. Stand up and proudly declare you have space to host a needy Pinsider for the Holidays. Families are needed to host cash pooor, money strapped Pinsiders who don't otherwise have any place to play. Sign up to be an Angel or be added to list of the Needy.

#8899 4 years ago

Now that is a good idea!

#8900 4 years ago

I'm so happy that so many pinside folks are concerned about my wait for my Hobbit and the money I put down on it.

Thanks guys!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Ridgeland, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside