47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 201.
#8951 8 years ago

I pre-ordered 8 pins, 8 I tells ya. Never again!

WOZ
Hobbit
MG
RAZA
Predator
P3
Nemo
MM-R

My success rate on these to date (1 of 8 received, 3 of 8 court cases, 4 of 8 nearly there, honest) has been somewhat less high than I would have liked. On the plus side, Nemo (with gold plating!) should be completed by end-Nov, and I may get it by Xmas, assuming islamic bandits don't get to it first I also got into collecting jukeboxes while waiting for these pins, which has been fun. One of these jukes was used in a West End show recently in which Ben Whishaw (who plays Q) was stripped down to his underpants and got tied to it, but I digress. That's Ben for you.

More seriously, making new pins is a slow and painful business. I certainly wouldn't contemplate such an endeavour.

Yep, I'm drunk in the jacuzzi again. Soz.

#8952 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

WOZ
Hobbit
MG
RAZA
Predator
P3
Nemo
MM-R
My success rate on these to date (1 of 8 received, 3 of 8 court cases, 4 of 8 nearly there, honest) has been somewhat less high than I would have liked. On the plus side, Nemo (with gold plating!) should be completed by end-Nov, and I may get it by Xmas, assuming islamic bandits don't get to it first I also got into collecting jukeboxes while waiting for these pins, which has been fun. One of these jukes was used in a West End show recently in which Ben Whishaw (who plays Q) was stripped down to his underpants and got tied to it, but I digress. That's Ben for you.
More seriously, making new pins is a slow and painful business. I certainly wouldn't contemplate such an endeavour.

That's a very interesting post (and I mean about the success to lawsuit comparison, not Ben Whishaw being tied naked to your juke box)!

I preordered just Predator so my success rate is 0-1. I'm going to get on the P3 bandwagon though when it is ready.

#8953 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

WOZ
Hobbit
MG
RAZA
Predator
P3
Nemo
MM-R

At least you side stepped BBB, Alice in Wonderland and Vonnie D's Gremlins. Had you been sucked into those you would have had 2 pins at home, 5 of 11 in litigation, 4 of 11 nearly here. That might have entitled you to a booby prize. (and no ... boobies are not what you could have won). Here's to hoping for some Hobbits soon. hobbit.gifhobbit.gif

#8954 8 years ago

Preordered 8 pins...

Haha .

#8955 8 years ago

This post was moderated 1 hour ago. A PM has been sent.

Looks like this is not the place for me if that pic wasn't "family friendly"

#8956 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

WOZ
Hobbit
MG
RAZA
Predator
P3
Nemo
MM-R

And rich apparently!

2 weeks later
#8957 8 years ago

Saw this on FB. I hope this means they are shipping soon.

5168fa96-49bb-4285-a58a-d3d5c8d66169.jpg5168fa96-49bb-4285-a58a-d3d5c8d66169.jpg

#8958 8 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Saw this on FB. I hope this means they are shipping soon.

5168fa96-49bb-4285-a58a-d3d5c8d66169.jpg

Guess my thought is if TH is shipping where's the big news fest from JJP announcing this but hopefully it is indeed shipping!

#8959 8 years ago

It's not shipping. That's an engineering sample, it's there for a party.

Still, that's a good sign.

3 weeks later
#8960 8 years ago

Bump.

#8961 8 years ago

Unfortunately there's nothing to really chat about that hasn't already been discussed and argued about several times over

#8962 8 years ago

The game is not shipping, Jack.

#8963 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The game is not shipping, Jack.

WaitingForTheGreatHobbit_(resized).jpgWaitingForTheGreatHobbit_(resized).jpg

Oh Great Pumpkin where are you?!

#8964 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The story at the time was that some of the JJP distributors who had bought in day one with multiple LE orders (Standards were not available when WOZ was announced) chose to change some of their LE slots not yet sold to Standards and moved their unsold LEs to the end of the line.

This story was a complete made up lie. I was one that bought 3 of these machines from the lying distributor. Jack personally called the guy and they came up with this story. I know what the distributor paid and when.

#8965 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This story was a complete made up lie. I was one that bought 3 of these machines from the lying distributor. Jack personally called the guy and they came up with this story. I know what the distributor paid and when.

Then why is this the first time I've heard you say this? That was a long time ago. When did the distributor buy them? Why didn't you say it when you got them?

A lot have people have called Jack a liar. This one sounds convenient now because you are saying everyone involved (Jack and the distrib) are now in cahoots. If you can shine some light on their concpiricy, shine away. Otherwise you may be the one lying.

#8966 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Then why is this the first time I've heard you say this? That was a long time ago. When did the distributor buy them? Why didn't you say it when you got them?
A lot have people have called Jack a liar. This one sounds convenient now because you are saying everyone involved (Jack and the distrib) are now in cahoots. If you can shine some light on their concpiricy, shine away. Otherwise you may be the one lying.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-decided-to-pickup-a-woz-today-2-in-fact

#8967 8 years ago

Feel free to explain why Mark saying

"Edit: turns out the local distributor actually ordered LE models day 1 so was in front of the line and asked to swap some of his LE for regular versions. There was no line jumping here. I got lucky "

in that thread didn't mean that story was true. I'm not calling horsecrap yet, I'd like an explanation of how something was true then and is now a lie. Years later it does sound like horsecrap to me, so explain it here.

#8968 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Mark did say something at the time this happened, search his posts if you don't believe me. I remember this situation very clearly as I was waiting for my paid in full WOZ at the time.

Edit: that was fast I see the original thread has been found.

#8970 8 years ago

Does the hobbit still have the subway that feeds to the right vuk?

#8971 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Mark did say something at the time this happened, search his posts if you don't believe me. I remember this situation very clearly as I was waiting for my paid in full WOZ at the time.
Edit: that was fast I see the original thread has been found.

I thought the situation was something to the effect that the Direct Print Cabinets were not available and the vendor was on holiday/vacation or something to that effect. Rather than hold up everything, distributors were switching to Standard and JJP accommodated so they can ship product without waiting on the LE Cabinet vendor? That seems OK to me, but I could understand the frustration those felt back then. And if that type of shifting occurred, it wouldn't have hurt to communicate as such (if that didn't happen).

I know there were some Standards that were initially made with Direct Print as well. Markmon, does your Standard have the Direct Print or Decals? That may help to explain the theory above? If he got a Direct Print Standard, then the logic above doesn't apply. If he got decals, it may be the case.

#8972 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Does the hobbit still have the subway that feeds to the right vuk?

I believe it's still there

#8973 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He has no reason to lie about this and we all know it's true anyways. Standards definitely jumped the LE line and the distributors swapping versions story was horseshit. It is what it is.

#8974 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

He has no reason to lie about this and we all know it's true anyways. Standards definitely jumped the LE line and the distributors swapping versions story was horseshit. It is what it is.

We all know it's true?? No, we don't. We all know there are conflicting stories. We all know Mark said something years ago and is saying the opposite now. And yes, we all know something funny happened. But if the story I understood to be the truth wasn't, than I'd like to know that. If I was being lied to, I'd want to know.

#8975 8 years ago

Wonder what the 1st 2016 update will consist of?

#8976 8 years ago

Jack said that the standards got to jump in line "for the good of pinball".

#8977 8 years ago

If that means giving the world another reason to obliterate the preorder model, heck yeah it's good for pinball!

#8978 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

If that means giving the world another reason to obliterate the preorder model, heck yeah it's good for pinball!

I think the influx of fresh cash from standard WOZ sales helped to keep JJP from being obliterated.

#8979 8 years ago

Everybody that ordered a WOZ has one. Even with the Australia fiasco JJP made good. Those are the things I truly care about.

#8980 8 years ago

LE just means bling. So something bling is behind. I like the fact that they are the same game play wise.

Plus who wants "first". Can you say "WOZ light board issues"? Give me later down the line.

#8981 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Everybody that ordered a WOZ has one. Even with the Australia fiasco JJP made good. Those are the things I truly care about.

Aka "the end justifies the means"

Or,

"Who cares if people were lied to, the game got delivered"

Not everyone agrees with this, however.

#8982 8 years ago

I wish Hobbit wasn't so pricey. $8k entry price is pretty rich. But I hope it's not too far off that I can decided if I want to spend that and just get it a week later.

Really hoping there aren't all these delays and bullshit and games the second time around. That on top of the price would be a huge turnoff.

#8983 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wish Hobbit wasn't so pricey. $8k entry price is pretty rich. But I hope it's not too far off that I can decided if I want to spend that and just get it a week later.
Really hoping there aren't all these delays and bullshit and games the second time around. That on top of the price would be a huge turnoff.

It's pretty close to the Stern NIB LE prices.

#8984 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Aka "the end justifies the means"
Or,
"Who cares if people were lied to, the game got delivered"
Not everyone agrees with this, however.

If this is such a big Hobbit update issue, then where are all the upset JJP customers chiming in about this?

#8985 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep.
And has invisi glass
A better sound system (sterns sub in LEs is so basic and weak)
And and LCD with colour (plus 400 if you want one in your stern 2 years from now from a 3rd party company)
And a shaker motor
And headphone jack at front
And a knocker!
And a free topper (woz, but not hobbit)

The Hobbit is bloody expensive. But in Australia the JJP distributor is selling them for about $500 less then the Stern distro sells NIB LEs... So thats my justification for spending all my $$$

#8986 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yep.
And has invisi glass
A better sound system (sterns sub in LEs is so basic and weak)
And and LCD with colour (plus 400 if you want one in your stern 2 years from now from a 3rd party company)
And a shaker motor
And headphone jack at front
And a knocker!
And a free topper (woz, but not hobbit)
The Hobbit is bloody expensive. But in Australia the JJP distributor is selling them for about $500 less then the Stern distro sells NIB LEs... So thats my justification for spending all my $$$

Yup, you get far more for your money with a JJP LE (even standard) then a Stern LE. That's crazy that a Stern LE costs more then a JJP game in Australia. The latest Stern LE's look cool but they are taking people for a ride considering how much they cost over the pro / premium and what you actually get for the extra $2k-$3k.

Oh, also add in that a JJP LE includes a proper LE plaque with game number compared to the tiny / cheezy LE plaques Stern puts on their games. I can barely see the one on my XMEN Wolverine LE and Stern still hasn't changed the design.

#8987 8 years ago

I think the only reason its cheaper is because the first batch is fully paid for a year or so ago.
Since then the USD is 15% or so more powerful not against the AUD.
Sterns go up every game to reflect that. TWD LE was 10,500 here I think when it came out. GOT LE is 12,350.....Premium is $10,650...

#8988 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I think the only reason its cheaper is because the first batch is fully paid for a year or so ago.
Since then the USD is 15% or so more powerful not against the AUD.
Sterns go up every game to reflect that. TWD LE was 10,500 here I think when it came out. GOT LE is 12,350.....Premium is $10,650...

You poor Aussie bastards! I mean chaps.

The US dollar is going to parity in 2016. Holy crap, that's horrendous.

#8989 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You poor Aussie bastards! I mean chaps.
The US dollar is going to parity in 2016. Holy crap, that's horrendous.

With the euro. Which means Aussie dollar gets even worse (so far at least).

#8990 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

If this is such a big Hobbit update issue, then where are all the upset JJP customers chiming in about this?

Could there have been another SECRET EMAIL (like with the LOTR new run) that threatened order cancellation (with a full refund of what was paid) if you dare to post one negative statement on any public forum or social media site? Email addresses will be checked and no doubt gullible pre-orderers willfully gave their user names out in hopes of "priority service" if they post enough positives about the game etc.

#8991 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah. Thing is those are too expensive too, especially for what you get.

#8992 8 years ago

Seems pretty simple:

The folks that are currently TH pre-orderers are clearly "ends justify the means" kind of people. So I wouldn't expect any of them to complain. They certainly knew what they were getting into after Woz... so I'd assume they prepaid with both eyes open and in full knowledge of Jacks shenanigans- and- are ok with them.

Not sure why you'd be confused on this?

I would also guess there is a significant segment of pinheads that, as excited as they might be to eventually own a Hobbit, won't preorder. Some "weird" people still buy stuff AFTER they see it and when its built.

#8993 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Some "weird" people still buy stuff AFTER they see it and when its built.

I would like to be able to do that with the hobbit as well, but JJP takes longer than expected to get their pins built and out the door. The only reason I am an 'ends justify the means' kind of person is that I feel that JJP pins are exceptional (in my book - if you don't feel that way I am cool with that). I think WOZ is really nice - have played it alot - just don't like the theme and music enough to own it. The Hobbit looks great, sounds great, and the theme is much more to my liking. I would rather wait on the hobbit than spend my money on another pin. So I have to wait it out. The good news is that it shouldn't be too much longer before they start getting to buyers. I probably will not pre order again (never say never)

I am waiting to see how Sterns rumored comic style Spider Man (VE?) looks - that has my attention and I may actually get that too. A TRON VE/Premium would be an automatic/instant buy from me as well - but I don't think Stern is going to make it

#8994 8 years ago

Those who cancelled their order. So only the 'non complainers club' excist.

Sure hope games will schip fast for anyone that has pre-ordered. Waiting more than 3 years for a game is beyond ridiculous.

#8995 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Seems pretty simple:
The folks that are currently TH pre-orderers are clearly "ends justify the means" kind of people. So I wouldn't expect any of them to complain. They certainly knew what they were getting into after Woz... so I'd assume they prepaid with both eyes open and in full knowledge of Jacks shenanigans- and- are ok with them.
Not sure why you'd be confused on this?
I would also guess there is a significant segment of pinheads that, as excited as they might be to eventually own a Hobbit, won't preorder. Some "weird" people still buy stuff AFTER they see it and when its built.

Actually I preordered to support JJP. Maybe it will help some of the weird people you refer to get a JJP game some day.

#8996 8 years ago

Actually I preordered to support JJP. Maybe it will help some of the weird people you refer to get a JJP game some day.

True for me as well. I feel like the leap of faith on the preorder to JJP was to help make the hobbit a reality. You win some and you lose some. after I played WOZ I ordered the Hobbit.

I knew based on WOZ two things would be certain:
1) The Hobbit will be an amazing game
2) Who knows when I would get it

#8997 8 years ago

Fair point.

Safe to assume JJP would not exist if not for a fair amount of loyal folks who were (and still are) willing to "hold their nose," keep their money in play and put up with the shitstorms.

Call it a philosophical difference, but Ive just never been a "end justifies the means" guy. To me, ethics matters.... more than the total weight of a pinball machine, the number of toys on the PF or the flash of the lcd show.

So I can appreciate the innovation of Woz and (soon) TH and yet still separate that from my opinion of Jack and his misleading and shady approach to running a company....

That said, I truly do hope everyone gets their machine and is THRILLED with it! I look forward to playing a Hobbit in the wild...

#8998 8 years ago

JJP was a text book example of crowd funding. Nothing wrong with that. As Jack has told many times, he needed 1000 people to get on board and pre-order WOZ. And they did, and as stated, everyone has gotten their (WOZ) games.

The slow roll out with Hobbit obviously is a big problem, but hopefully with the outside investment there won't be any more needs of crowd funding rounds and no big delays with future titles.

#8999 8 years ago

I'm not in, but wondering when was day 1 for pre-orders?
Hope you guys see games soon.

#9000 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm not in, but wondering when was day 1 for pre-orders?
Hope you guys see games soon.

Late November 2012 I believe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.