Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 201.
#7951 4 years ago

Sounds like the party was for designed to sell more Wizard of Oz pins. O well I guess I can always get my money back and get something else to play.

#7952 4 years ago

Thanks for posting updates and pictures

#7953 4 years ago

All this waiting and still no news. I still hope the hobbit will be an awesome big hit. But if STERN will truely announce a GOT game designed by SR with an interactive dragon toy and LCD monitor it will be very hard to ignore the thunder of it. I have a very bad memory, but I still think with the WOZ we had way more informations ahead about the main goals of the game play and what's up with the production.

#7954 4 years ago

I got there late so might have missed any comments from Jack. I will say that the game looked more complete (maybe more/better toys) then when I saw it at Texas Pin Fest. Sorry I don't have more to tell. image.jpg

#7955 4 years ago

What happened to this? Thought the openhouse was going to show the line being changed over to the Hobbit?

mnpinball said:
Hobbit:
As I've stated many times, which is in the message below. No more preorder pre pay with Pat's 3rd JJP game. (Unless you as a buyer want a payment plan that's your choice) I do believe Jack intends to debut game 3 at expo.
Jun 17 2015 Jersey Jack
The last couple of weeks of shows have been great and we have talked about the Hobbit progress and process. What happened and where are we?
We did not do a good job with The Hobbit before Expo. We believed we could do better and Expo was the proof that we needed to go back and make the game better. Unfortunately that caused issues with design elements of the game and of course it caused delay and redesign. We underestimated the time we needed to make the changes.
We know what we did after Expo made the game a lot better. You told us that. That “little” series of changes over a few weeks caused at least six months delay - that is all types of drawings, not only art but mechanical design drawings, wiring, parts that had to change, retooling, redesign after testing, first article parts, approvals, on and on….time and money spent to make the game better. We are selling more Hobbits every week as more people get to see and play it now. As they ship we will sell many more.
I guess we could have said “it’s done” amid the furor of commentary after Expo. How could we ignore more art assets that became usable to us around that same time…..such as the awesome Smaug (TM) images and leave what we had…..we can’t do that. We are working to make “The Best” not pushing something out half baked. We owe that to all of you and to ourselves.
We have ordered parts, some have been arriving. Some arrive wrong but that may always happen now and then. We are adding more people to help the processes. We have been receiving first articles on later parts that were designed, so once they arrive, we approve them and we give the green light and they get made….weeks not years is what we are talking about. In the next few weeks we will show pix of the line changeover, more parts arriving and yes, Hobbit games on the line.
So while all of this has been happening, Keith and Ted are working like madmen coding The Hobbit - when you get it - the game is amazing - not a “box of lights” like when WOZ shipped - oh - we are also close to Pat Lawlor with his game nearing completion for it’s public showing later this year. I can say that game will not need to be redesigned.I'm really excited about it.
We want to design and build Great Games and that’s never going to be easy but it will get easier.
Something really good is coming. The products we have in the pipeline are exciting and innovative. Feel good about it because we do! Thanks for your continued trust and confidence in us, it’s real. This is a difficult industry that I’ve been in for 40 years. It gets windy when you get closer to the top and it upsets some people. it’s hard sometimes reading the negative doom and gloom. Those same few people are upset we are still here. We just need to TCB and ship Great Games, that's the focus.
We will shed more light and visibility on everything very soon.
Thanks, Jack
Jun 25 2015 Jersey Jack
Looking forward to the Pintastic Show and looking forward to our own Open House.
I can say that we have ordered ALL parts for The Hobbit and we are waiting as more arrive every week. We will post some pictures, and games will be on the line sooner than later, This Summer. The games will be close to complete code when they ship which is not what happened with WOZ.
Every week we sell more and more Hobbits. As the games have traveled shows and people have seen them for the first time they have been very pleased and happy. This is the last time we ever do a long-term year+ Pre-Order of any JJP game. To get the company off the long term pre-order model has been a challenge but it has been accomplished.
There is obviously much that we know that we cannot share other than to say - there is no worry from me that we will be here to deliver every Hobbit and everything else we are working on. Good things are happening for JJP and Good Things are coming soon!

#7956 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So sounds like the party was pretty much "check out all these Ruby Red WOZ games"? Anyone get any actual Hobbit news at the event?

Sure, here it is:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-gameroom-show-82915/page/2#post-2647063

#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

What happened to this? Thought the openhouse was going to show the line being changed over to the Hobbit?

When you've got parts delayed for reasons that are outside your control...and somebody else might actually be controlling said delay of your parts, well...

Just sayin'.

#7958 4 years ago

I know I personally am losing faith. I was hoping for at least an update on production and some news about voice talent.

#7959 4 years ago

So is this the final Hobbit, no extra Smaug plastics, no backboard decal, no Bag End? I'm in for this but this pin is so late it's starting to feel old before it's out.

Come on JJP, what's the crack?

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I know I personally am losing faith. I was hoping for at least an update on production and some news about voice talent.

I'm totally rooting for them!!.... I really was looking to add Hobbit to my collection by years end..
Today should have been a day of celebration, showing Hobbit on the line...
Alien and Game of Thrones will definitely impact future sales of this Title....
The window of opportunity is getting smaller and smaller on this pin, which is sad since it looks to be an amazing game..
I do feel confident in them delivering future titles, including Pat's game, in a more timely fashion..

#7961 4 years ago

I really want JJP to succeed but this is just nuts. It has been 'just a few months away' for a year now. I don't really care when it comes out now. I hope the new cash helps them out. They really need to start operating like stern and announce and ship.

#7962 4 years ago

There was a Q & A session at the show, so I expect they would have at least discussed the progress of the Hobbit. From their facebook page:

11935001_1041896565828939_1300193641682391849_n.jpg

#7963 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There was a Q & A session at the show, so I expect they would have at least discussed the progress of the Hobbit. From their facebook page:
11935001_1041896565828939_1300193641682391849_n.jpg

Hope everyone had their pant legs rolled up.

#7964 4 years ago

I have to agree kind of disheartening that no Hobbit news came from the open house. Maybe they are letting the pizza settle first before delivering the news.

#7965 4 years ago

Oh well. I am still in on the hobbit - I think JJP makes amazing pins. But their marketing and PR sucks really really bad. There isn't any hype or excitement. It seems they don't mind having all the air sucked right out of the room.

EDIT: I will say that Jack opening the doors today for the community was great. Looks like it was fun.

#7966 4 years ago

those tshirts never seem to fit Jack well. the seem so tight and so long at the same time. and they bunch up in the midsection.

#7967 4 years ago

The good news is that people still can't get enough WOZ pins - so that helps JJP

#7968 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oh well. I am still in on the hobbit - I think JJP makes amazing pins. But their marketing and PR sucks really really bad. There isn't any hype or excitement. It seems they don't mind having all the air sucked right out of the room.
EDIT: I will say that Jack opening the doors today for the community was great. Looks like it was fun.

I'm surprised by how few people are in that room for the Q&A. I guess there's only so much info/answers you can keep repeating regarding the status of Hobbit at this point.

#7969 4 years ago

Another "showing", another disappointment.

It's great that Woz is selling still. A great pin no doubt. And that Jack does the open house bit.

But seriously, Stern is gonna upstage TH with GOT and snipe away tons of current and future sales.

And then no real update today. Obviously the last promise of pins starting to ship late September is finished.

They better be shipping TH by expo and announcing Pats game at expo or it will be another WTF moment

#7970 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm surprised by how few people are in that room for the Q&A. I guess there's only so much info/answers you can keep repeating regarding the status of Hobbit at this point.

Don't be, it was a small event. That's about half the people that were there at the time and the Q&A wasn't advertised, it was in the back in Jack's office. I was there and he threw it open for questions...so if people didn't ask...

I walked in after it started and left before it ended, I didn't hear any discussion about the hobbit, it was more about JJP'S vision, including "two great games a year" down the road. Jack admitted that he has learned he can't do it all himself and needs help from people around him, which is a pretty open and honest thing to say.

They are a new company and getting up to speed takes a lot of time (and $$). maybe they should be more careful about their statements, but I would not at all be discouraged about today's event and came away with a view that these guys are serious and will get it done. I'm fairly certain they would like nothing more than to start moving games out the door and believe they will in time.

I don't have any skin in this game, so maybe I'd feel differently if I did.

#7971 4 years ago

What bothers me is that Jack trumpets an accomplishment when it occurs, but has nothing to trumpet now. At this point, no news implies bad news as in that nothing has progressed, not that there is no news.

I was excited that he found new investors, and that information was shared and celebrated. But now, no news at the open house doesn't sit well as I know if there was good news, it would have been shared.

#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am not surprised by the attendance - it is a very local event. However, they do realize (I hope) that lots of people around the globe were looking forward to news. Especially since we can't shake hands and eat pizza...

Also, I think it must be easier said than done getting another pin going down the line - especially if there is still that much interest in filling orders for WOZ. I am sure it is hard for JJP to stop making WOZ if the orders are there and the line is cranking on all cylinders.

#7973 4 years ago

"They are a new company and getting up to speed takes a lot of time and $$"

Going on 5 years now for JJP. I'd say that is in no way "new".

In retrospect, despite all the excuses, which there are NONE if you own the business, the bottom line is he/they have done a horrible job running their business and at least he realizes that now too late and has fired himself from many duties.

No excuses, it's all on poor execution. Period.

#7974 4 years ago

Even if no hardware info then something on the code would have helped.

#7975 4 years ago

It was an interesting event...I was there between 10 and 2pm.....many thanks for the hospitality to JJP.

Played Hobbit once and WOZ twice. I actually wanted to leave with a WOZ, but the price wasn't right. I've been in with a preorder of WOZ since the early days - switched to Hobbit instead late in the game (kids love the Hobbit) - so JJP has had my payment for a long time.

Today was the first day I ever saw a JJP game in person - wow WOZ is aesthetically awesome and loaded with features and toys. I love the rich colors on the field art and the lights - really well done.

I did not know about the chat pictured above....didn't see it announced.....maybe I missed it.

My kids enjoyed it! Talked to a couple JJP folks here and there - no Hobbit news shared. I am hoping there is a surprise or two left on the Hobbit - guess time will tell.

#7976 4 years ago

Jack does this stuff all the time. Trolls the people who give him money and when they finally had enough he becomes the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. The photo from the Q&A looks more like a cult meeting than a Q&A session.

#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from John-from-PA:

Played Hobbit once and WOZ twice. I actually wanted to leave with a WOZ, but the price wasn't right. I've been in with a preorder of WOZ since the early days - switched to Hobbit instead late in the game (kids love the Hobbit) - so JJP has had my payment for a long time.
Today was the first day I ever saw a JJP game in person - wow WOZ is aesthetically awesome and loaded with features and toys. I love the rich colors on the field art and the lights - really well done.

Are you disappointed with Hobbit? Seems kind of odd that you didn't play the game you ordered more, was it just mobbed with people?

#7978 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am not surprised by the attendance - it is a very local event.

What does that mean? You had to live in Jersey to attend?

#7979 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What does that mean? You had to live in Jersey to attend?

It means it looks like last years - not a very large crowd, so I expected it to be about the same. If it were closer I would have attended for sure. I just don't expect people to come from far and wide for an open house event.

Did you expect there to be a lot of people there? I think some of the die hards came from further than NJ for sure.

#7980 4 years ago

I was really hoping to see something new from JJP.

#7981 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Did you expect there to be a lot of people there?

What's your definition of "a lot?"

I expected more people to be there than what's seen in the pictures, that's all. It's not like New Jersey is a place with a small population. Just seemed surprising to me.

#7982 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's your definition of "a lot?"

Oh I don't know - for this kind of event: 300+ would be a lot. You're probably right -that crowd looks a bit on the smaller side of expected. I should go next time and see if I can score one of those sweet WOZ tourney trophies.

#7983 4 years ago

Was there only one ( 1 ) Hob set up to play on 2 -balls per game ?
If so that is a red flag IMHO.

#7984 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Was there only one ( 1 ) Hob set up to play on 2 -balls per game ?
If so that is a red flag IMHO.

Let me understand your American football rules logic. When the referee pulls a red flag, it is a penalty, no? So are you suggesting 5 yards and loss of down?

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When the referee pulls a red flag

In football it is a yellow flag...not red.

#7987 4 years ago

So ,unfortunately the hopes and expectations of the day are lost.

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So ,unfortunately the hopes and expectations of the day are lost.

Oh...I don't know. I was hoping for some great pizza, and I got it.

#7989 4 years ago

While we wait for the hobbit you guys should just loop this.

#7990 4 years ago

I'm patiently waiting for TH, but man, Jack really missed a great opportunity to drum up some excitement.

#7991 4 years ago

Boob, I was honestly hoping to see a shit load of Hobbit stuff. I know this is still going to happen (yes I'm in on a smaug),but damn what a let down. I own a WOZ. love it ,but need to see progress on Hobbit.

BTW how was the pizza? I'm an east coast boy stuck in Ohio. This Crap out here doesn't get to lace the shoes on east coast pie.

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Boob, I was honestly hoping to see a shit load of Hobbit stuff. I know this is still going to happen (yes I'm in on a smaug),but damn what a let down. I own a WOZ. love it ,but need to see progress on Hobbit.
BTW how was the pizza? I'm an east coast boy stuck in Ohio. This Crap out here doesn't get to lace the shoes on east coast pie.

It was really good, extra-cheesy pie. Plain or pepperoni.

Didn't realize you were from the east coast! But at least you've got people with those really cool midwest accents out there in O-hi-o. So that's something.

As to Hobbit...the progress is stuff not readily visible. The code is nearing completion, and this machine will no doubt ship with nearly complete code. How many machines can make that claim? And the parts keep dribbling in. Piece...by piece...by piece...

#7993 4 years ago

I got to really play the Hobbit today.

This game has the potential to be epic.

#7994 4 years ago

Im not sure why people are surprised at no hobbit info. You can't believe what Jack says about release dates. You'll get your machine when it ships. You won't know the date and you will have to wait. This is how JJP operates. Don't like it? Don't buy until you can take immediate delivery of a machine.

#7995 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got to really play the Hobbit today.
This game has the potential to be epic.

You were there and I didn't meet you? I owe you a big thank you! Sheeeeee-IT!!!

#7996 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The meeting was actually moved to Jacks office because there was not enough space where they had planned to do the Q & A. They couldn't do it in the warehouse or the tournament play area due to the noise. As far as the delay...It looks like October until they will get enough of the parts in for production.

#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Don't buy until you can take immediate delivery of a machine.

Oh you mean don't pre-order and give him new money so we can get it in front of everyone that pre-ordered? I've debated it, sitting in line waiting is getting really old. Kind of a joke at this point.

#7998 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Oh you mean don't pre-order and give him new money so we can get it in front of everyone that pre-ordered? I've debated it, sitting in line waiting is getting really old. Kind of a joke at this point.

That would probably work.

#7999 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The code is nearing completion, and this machine will no doubt ship with nearly complete code. How many machines can make that claim?

If Stern took 3 years to ship AC/DC, and it was delivered with the last code release, I think you'd be happy

So it just depends on how important mature code is....

You can pay for a JJP and get it shipped with complete code.... in 2-3 years, or
You can pay for a Stern, get it in a couple weeks, and wait 2 years for complete code.

I guess it all works out there same in the end......kinda..... ish.

#8000 4 years ago

Just stumbled on this Hobbit gameplay video - it is some of the best I have seen. Just passing it along.

From Pintastic (posted early August)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 11.95
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside