Topic Stats

• 1,911 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 148 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Orly1_(resized).JPG
harvey_h_(resized).jpg
45a_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-03-00-57-23~01_(resized).jpg
Wwny7Pq_(resized).png
hobbit_(resized).jpg
image.png
03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 39.
#1 3 years ago

This thread has been created to discuss past, new and future developments of The Hobbit among pre-order customers and those interested in the game. The previous Hobbit update thread has become filled with too many off topic discussions and arguments about the game / JJP to the point where JJP staff is now hesitant to post in it.

Let's keep this thread about The Hobbit. Maybe we can even get some of the JJP staff to give us some more details about the game

Below is a quick summary of the games news highlights by date (thank you Pinball News), and other general information.

News Highlights

Initial announcement: November, 2012 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index2.html

Full playfield reveal: August, 2013 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index6.html

Cabinet artwork reveal: December, 2013 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index7.html

Initial playfield artwork reveal: June, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index10.html

Updated playfield artwork reveal: November, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index12.html

Smaug toy update: November, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index13.html

Flyer link

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/the-hobbit-limited-edition/

Playfield picture

Hobbit_main.jpg

Gameplay videos (from latest to oldest)

2015 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show

2015 Allentown Pinfest

2015 Ohio Pinball Expo

2015 Michigan Pinball Expo

2014 Pinball Expo

April 2014: Whitewood video

#2 3 years ago

What is the latest Hobbit news?

JJP staff including Jack, David and Butch gave a presentation about The Hobbit this past June at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show. Link to video and highlights below.

• David Thiel has already pulled 1000 audio clips from all 3 movies and from 33 of the films characters.
• Two Steps From Hell has created 34 custom Hobbit audio cues for the game
o David notes after one of the songs is played that no looping is heard. Based on what I heard it sounds unlikely that looping will be heard (not sure if not at all) due to the games modes being timed.
• JJP also licensed the “Old Friends” theme from Howard Shore who has created several variations of it for the game.
• David has access to all three films FX stem audio tracks. This sounds like David can pull from the various layers of the films audio track to isolate sounds without the background noise of the entire audio track.
• A voice actor is set to do custom Gandalf call outs and JJP is now waiting on approval which is expected to come in the next few weeks.
• David is creating what he calls “award stingers” for the games modes. These are audio effects that will be heard as video clips progress from hitting shots on the playfield.
o David hints that he has to create 34 of these in total.
o This makes it sound like each of the games 34 modes will have video clips playing as shots are hit similar to DMD animations playing in LOTR as shots are hit during its modes.

#3 3 years ago

noway.jpg

#4 3 years ago

Question for Keith,

In WOZ a player had to collect emeralds and diamonds to progress to the games mid and final wizard mode. Is something similar to collect occurring in The Hobbit? I really like the award collect shot you put in LOTR after beating each mode and earning emeralds and diamonds in WOZ. Both of those concepts really help with making a player feel like they are on a quest and are unlocking things as they go through the game.

Thank you!

#5 3 years ago

And I'm really excited to finally play TH at Pintastic next week! That's where the rubber meets the road for me, my first play of a game.

#6 3 years ago

Nice thread Panzer. Everything in one place. This is more like it!

#7 3 years ago

#8 3 years ago

Nice job on starting this new thread, Panzer. Are you officially back in on the game?

#9 3 years ago

Glad to see this NEW thread. I am #661 SE. I was told we all should have our Hobbits by 12-31-15. I hope this is true.

#10 3 years ago

A NIB for Xmas would be awesome. A NIB for Labor Day, Columbus Day, Halloween, or Thanksgiving would be even better!

I just bought a spot so I haven't had to wait as long as others in this thread.

THSE #887

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Nice job on starting this new thread, Panzer. Are you officially back in on the game?

Yes! I just purchased my old spot back from a friend I sold it to. Smaug SE. Still debating on switching back to an LE but I really like the gold trim on the SE.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And I'm really excited to finally play TH at Pintastic next week! That's where the rubber meets the road for me, my first play of a game.

Hope to meet you there!!!

Well, well, well...look who's up so early...

...and crabby.

#13 3 years ago

What I can gather by following this and woz is that JJP better have a second line running in order to get the Hobbit and Pat Lawlors new game out in a reasonable time . I reckon demand for TH once it starts shipping will be huge.

#14 3 years ago

Jack told me in Allenton that he needed to pull Ted off the Hobbit within 6-8 weeks and have him start working on pats new game asap. So that's about NOW. I think production will start very soon.

#15 3 years ago

The Oxford alumni website posted a link today to an interview with Peter Jackson, asking how he thinks Tolkein would evaluate The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings:

http://www.oxfordtoday.ox.ac.uk/culture/events/peter-jackson-comes-tolkien%E2%80%99s-oxford

#16 3 years ago

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#17 3 years ago

Thanks for this new thread.

I hope that we can post the experience we have with our own Hobbit soon.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, well, well...look who's up so early...

...and crabby.

Not crabby at all, I just wish the topic would have been tagged correctly with 2015 and a half plus one month!

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes! I just purchased my old spot back from a friend I sold it to. Smaug SE. Still debating on switching back to an LE but I really like the gold trim on the SE.

Nice work outta you! Like you, I had some doubts after the reveal at Expo, but this is shaping up to be an awesome pin. And I think the presentation at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show underscores the radical changes JJP made to TH. I played about 30 games or so at a Pinball Star event in March and was blown away by the art, sounds and speed of the gameplay. Good to hear you're back in the fold, Panzer!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not crabby at all, I just wish the topic would have been tagged correctly with 2015 and a half plus one month!

Clearly trolling again, hopefully he will get ejected from this thread as clearly he only wants to stir it up, and is part of the reason a new thread was created. In case he isn't kicked I will just put him on ignore.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Clearly trolling again, hopefully he will get ejected from this thread as clearly he only wants to stir it up, and is part of the reason a new thread was created. In case he isn't kicked I will just put him on ignore.

Another thread getting driven to negativity by the same old crabs.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Glad to see this NEW thread. I am #661 SE. I was told we all should have our Hobbits by 12-31-15. I hope this is true.

Heh - I'm a pretty optimistic person by nature....but even if production started today, that would mean 250 games per month. I'm not saying it's impossible - just highly unlikely.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not dealing with your negative comments yet again. You can't seem to not make a negative comment in a JJP related thread. I shouldn't have to say this but if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all Reported and finally ignored.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Nice work outta you! Like you, I had some doubts after the reveal at Expo, but this is shaping up to be an awesome pin. And I think the presentation at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show underscores the radical changes JJP made to TH. I played about 30 games or so at a Pinball Star event in March and was blown away by the art, sounds and speed of the gameplay. Good to hear you're back in the fold, Panzer!

I hear ya there regarding the art, sounds and speed. The presentation at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show is what really convinced me to get back in on the game. The amount of work going into the games audio, visuals and rules seem to be more then any other modern game I can think of, maybe even more then WOZ. The audio package sounds like it's going to be great for the game with Two Steps From Hell having created 34 tracks for the game and multiple variations of The Old Friends theme being created.

#25 3 years ago

My guess is that 6 months out, there will be the majority of the games delivered, and a lot of happy campers for the Holiday season.
The game is certainly turning out better than I expected. The music, and modes look fantastic.

#26 3 years ago

It's July 2015, so Hobbit is now one year late from the original release date, and still no word on when it will be shipping.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Heh - I'm a pretty optimistic person by nature....but even if production started today, that would mean 250 games per month. I'm not saying it's impossible - just highly unlikely.

I agree.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

It's July 2015, so Hobbit is now one year late from the original release date, and still no word on when it will be shipping.

Thanks. It's a good thing it's mentioned 50 thousand times in every Hobbit thread, otherwise I would have forgot.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Don't tell the truth,these guys might put you on ignore.

#30 3 years ago

I played Hobbit, MMr, AMH, TBL and many others at Allentown. Hobbit beat them all pretty handily for the gameplay I experienced. MM is a classic, but the Hobbit will be a modern classic! I wish I could groove harder on the the theme. Almost prefer WOZ as a theme. But I know this is not true for most. I think the Hobbit will be a grand game!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Thanks. It's a good thing it's mentioned 50 thousand times in every Hobbit thread, otherwise I would have forgot.

The point he is trying to make is we all know it's late. Some reasons due to change. Let's just post positive things here. We all know we will get the hobbit. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I played Hobbit, MMr, AMH, TBL and many others at Allentown. Hobbit beat them all pretty handily for the gameplay I experienced. MM is a classic, but the Hobbit will be a modern classic! I wish I could groove harder on the the theme. Almost prefer WOZ as a theme. But I know this is not true for most. I think the Hobbit will be a grand game!

I could not have said this better.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The point he is trying to make is we all know it's late. Some reasons due to change. Let's just post positive things here. We all know we will get the hobbit. Just sit back and enjoy the ride

I don't know. Maybe I took it wrong, but it sounded like another shot against JJP. As you stated, we all know it's late. It's just annoying to see people post the same complaints over and over.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product, and when it finally starts shipping, I will most likely be in for one.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I don't know. Maybe I took it wrong, but it sounded like another shot against JJP. As you stated, we all know it's late. It's just annoying to see people post the same complaints over and over.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product, and when it finally starts shipping, I will most likely be in for one.

It's all good bro. . U should get the hobbit. I have played it 7 times and I love it. It will blow most of my games away in my collection. It's that good.

#35 3 years ago

I'm digging the positive vibe of these posts. Come on Hobbit. Come to daddy !

#36 3 years ago

Please only post new news, 50 new posts and its all the same.
OMG. No more posts that its late, and no more posts dissing people for repeating its late.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This thread has been created to discuss past, new and future developments of The Hobbit among pre-order customers and those interested in the game. The previous Hobbit update thread has become filled with too many off topic discussions and arguments about the game / JJP to the point where JJP staff is now hesitant to post in it.
Let's keep this thread about The Hobbit. Maybe we can even get some of the JJP staff to give us some more details about the game
Below is a quick summary of the games news highlights by date (thank you Pinball News), and other general information.
News Highlights
Initial announcement: November, 2012 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index2.html
Full playfield reveal: August, 2013 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index6.html
Cabinet artwork reveal: December, 2013 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index7.html
Initial playfield artwork reveal: June, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index10.html
Updated playfield artwork reveal: November, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index12.html
Smaug toy update: November, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index13.html
Flyer link
http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/the-hobbit-limited-edition/
Playfield picture
Hobbit_main.jpg
Gameplay videos (from latest to oldest)
2015 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show
» YouTube video
2015 Allentown Pinfest
» YouTube video
2015 Ohio Pinball Expo
» YouTube video
2015 Michigan Pinball Expo
» YouTube video
2014 Pinball Expo
» YouTube video
April 2014: Whitewood video
» YouTube video

You forgot feb 2015 Smaug got teeth after that only pin show news

#38 3 years ago

You know what I always say: Better late than Predator.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

You forgot feb 2015 Smaug got teeth after that only pin show news

Reported. Please stay out of this thread if your only purpose is to say jabbing comments.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Maybe if there was some communication about WTF is going on and what the continued delays are, it wouldn't be mentioned 50 thousand times in every Hobbit thread.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Reported. Please stay out of this thread if your only purpose is to say jabbing comments.

that was not a jabbing comment it was just a comment you need to take a chill pill

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm Telling ! LMAO

#43 3 years ago

We are just trying to keep this positive. We ALL KNOW from the other thread what's going on. Why bring it here as well?

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

We are just trying to keep this positive

I hear Hobbit is shipping soon! I heard that I was going to look foolish very soon from Jack himself. That is a positive update. everything else is just old news.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I hear Hobbit is shipping soon! I heard that I was going to look foolish very soon from Jack himself. That is a positive update. everything else is just old news.

Ok and your point?

#46 3 years ago

Seriously?

#47 3 years ago

Yet will be the first to say keep it positive

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok and your point?

My point is that I am being POSITIVE !

#49 3 years ago

keep-calm-and-here-we-go-again.png

#50 3 years ago

Hmmm.....it seems just not possible to have a decent Hobbit thread. I am taking a break from this crap and wait until my TH SE arrives.

What a shame

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cranberry Township, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 59.99
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Huntington, WV
$ 50.00
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 39.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside