47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 201.
#10001 7 years ago

Can anyone verify that JJP's website is down? I really want to upload to the latest Hobbit code. Thanks!

Edit:

Never mind, it's back up. Going to play me some Hobbit!

#10002 7 years ago

So I have missed an update I think. I am on 1.3 Can I go to 1.9 with just the delta or do I need to do a full install?

#10003 7 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Damn....I got 3/4 way thru the download and the JJP site crashed. Thats a long download to start all over again tomorrow or monday....

I downloaded it in less than 5 minutes the other day it was quite quick so maybe try and a different time?

#10004 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

So I have missed an update I think. I am on 1.3 Can I go to 1.9 with just the delta or do I need to do a full install?

1.9 is a delta update

#10005 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I am on 1.3 Can I go to 1.9 with just the delta

You can just do the delta 1.90 and you'll be fine.

LTG : )

#10006 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can just do the delta 1.90 and you'll be fine.

Cool, Thank you!

#10007 7 years ago

I'm having trouble with the update. Running 1.21 and trying to update to 1.90. Getting a message that says no update found but have both the zip and extracted folder in just as the instructions read on the website.

#10008 7 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I'm having trouble with the update. Running 1.21 and trying to update to 1.90. Getting a message that says no update found but have both the zip and extracted folder in just as the instructions read on the website.

If you have the zip file and the extracted folder on your thumb drive that will result in the game not updating. I would try deleting the zip file from the thumb drive and updating with just the extracted folder on the drive. If that doesn't work I would format the thumb drive and extract the 1.9 update directly to the root of the thumb drive.

#10009 7 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

The extracted folder might have the Hobbit_update folder inside it.
If so, copy and paste it outside of the containing folder, direcly onto the flash drive itself (not in a folder), then delete the left over empty folder.

#10010 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you have the zip file and the extracted folder on your thumb drive that will result in the game not updating. I would try deleting the zip file from the thumb drive and updating with just the extracted folder on the drive. If that doesn't work I would format the thumb drive and extract the 1.9 update directly to the root of the thumb drive.

Mine updates with both the zip file and the unzipped file on it.

#10011 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quoted from pinballinreno:

The extracted folder might have the Hobbit_update folder inside it.
If so, copy and paste it outside of the containing folder, direcly onto the flash drive itself (not in a folder), then delete the left over empty folder.

Thanks to you both. That worked. Took the update out of the extracted folder and deleted the other 2 folders. Updated and ready to enjoy

#10012 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is anyone putting protectors (Cliffy or otherwise) on the holes?
I typically don't like Cliffys because despite what so many say, it does impact gameplay and shots to holes with them on them. However, I really don't want to damage the holes if that is going to be a concern.
Thoughts?

I say if you are concerned then do it.
They are totally reversible if you change your mind. I installed the Cliffy kit this weekend while I was making all of the other updates from JJP. Game plays fine with them installed and they don't stand out from a visual perspective.

1 week later
#10013 7 years ago

Hello

Im thinking of buying a hobbit pinball and is the third movie on it now with a update ?

Last i checked it was not on it and slot of people wanted the last battle in to the game ?

Cheers

#10014 7 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Hello
Im thinking of buying a hobbit pinball and is the third movie on it now with a update ?
Last i checked it was not on it and slot of people wanted the last battle in to the game ?
Cheers

Battle of five armies is added in v 1.9. Update process is painless.

#10015 7 years ago

Hello
Cheers

Battle of the 5 Armies (the mode based on the 3rd movie) was added in the last code update - 1.90. So yes, it is now in there.

#10016 7 years ago

Hello
Cheers

The third movie has always been in it...if you mean 3rd Arkenstone mode "Battle of Five Armies", then yes it is in now with the latest code but needs polish.

#10017 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The third movie has always been in it...if you mean 3rd Arkenstone mode "Battle of Five Armies", then yes it is in now with the latest code but needs polish.

Yes the Battle of Five Armies. Then its settle, i will buy it today

Thank you

#10018 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is anyone putting protectors (Cliffy or otherwise) on the holes?
I typically don't like Cliffys because despite what so many say, it does impact gameplay and shots to holes with them on them. However, I really don't want to damage the holes if that is going to be a concern.
Thoughts?

I put them on because they came with the game when I purchased them. I like the look of them, the right side hole was easy enough, the left side was a bit more of a pain.
Typically in a home environment, it takes a couple thousands plays to see wear start to happen.

As for gameplay, I haven't noticed any difference really, the shots are definitely tricky as they are, adding the protectors hasn't made it any easier or harder.

#10019 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I put them on because they came with the game when I purchased them. I like the look of them, the right side hole was easy enough, the left side was a bit more of a pain.
Typically in a home environment, it takes a couple thousands plays to see wear start to happen.
As for gameplay, I haven't noticed any difference really, the shots are definitely tricky as they are, adding the protectors hasn't made it any easier or harder.

That's good to hear in case I decide to add them. I'm actually about to pull the Cliffys out of another game because it's made the shots almost impossible to hit.

#10020 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That's good to hear in case I decide to add them. I'm actually about to pull the Cliffys out of another game because it's made the shots almost impossible to hit.

Is there a residue once you remove them? If so is it easy to remove?

#10021 7 years ago

I'm talking about removing them from a non-Hobbit game. I have not added them to Hobbit at this point. Most Cliffys are not glued in any way, they're attached by surrounding screws, either under the playfield or by nearby posts. Some that need extra adhesion do use double-sided tape, which may be the case with Hobbit as well, not sure.

#10022 7 years ago

Just finished a marathon best game to date. 7,943,000! Killed Smaug once, played every multiball and got to Into the Fire and Barell Escape a second time! This is such a fun game!!

#10023 7 years ago

Great game! Sounds like you need to update to 1.90 so you can play botfa

#10024 7 years ago

How long did that take you? Games do take a while.

#10025 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Great game! Sounds like you need to update to 1.90 so you can play botfa

I'm on 1.90, played Battle of 5 Armies too, then started all over and got to Into the Fire and Barrel Escape a 2nd time.

I didn't really look at my watch, but guessing a good hour.

#10026 7 years ago

Anyone else still waiting on their preorder? I'm paid in full and getting seriously tired of waiting, thinking of cancelling and picking one up 2nd hand. Wondering if I'm alone.

Interested in Dialed In too, but no way I will commit to that while I'm exposed on TH

#10027 7 years ago

I ordered my game June 2013. Jen called me this Monday and said it was shipping out. The shipper called me this afternoon and scheduled to deliver it tomorrow morning. Its been a long wait for me. I had kids start and graduate college. A little communication would be nice.

#10028 7 years ago

I ordered mine directly from JJP 8/2/13. Delivery should be soon if they're shipping 6/13 ordered games now.

I keep telling myself that the advantage of pre-ordering....lower price...getting a late version with most if not all of the bugs worked out and latest code makes the wait worth it.

Hell...I was still in my 50's when I ordered this pin!

#10029 7 years ago

HOB (resized).jpgHOB (resized).jpg

#10030 7 years ago

Congrats.
Also
10000 posts

Guessing 27 deleted posts

#10031 7 years ago

At Freeplay Orlando tonight Jack said that new code drops next week. So who wants to take odds on when it will actually drop? I hope he's right of course!

#10032 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

At Freeplay Orlando tonight Jack said that new code drops next week. So who wants to take odds on when it will actually drop? I hope he's right of course!

They had to fix the lockup bug in 1.90 pretty quickly. Thankfully this isn't Stern.

#10033 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So who wants to take odds on when it will actually drop?

Testing now, and on the games at Freeplay. So unlike Expo where they had a million things to do at the close of the show, I believe it will.

#10034 7 years ago

1.94 debuts for IAAPA including pindemption code. Also some bug fixes and such. A few new display things.

#10035 7 years ago

Video for the small display during Battle of Five Armies?

#10036 7 years ago

I requested that they code a coin door ball save and Jack said "That would be easy to code". It would be really nice if they did!

#10037 7 years ago

Be neat to see them code the insert lights to all go red when Smaug breathes fire.

#10038 7 years ago

Woohoo! Just got "the call" from Jen that my THLE is shipping today - no early call that it is on the line for me! Now if I can just get that Escalera that I ordered a couple of weeks ago shipped in time. My wife (a avid pinhead too) does not know that I bought the TH yet. She does know about the Escalera though - she pushed me to get that. This will either be a good surprise or a begging for forgiveness surprise. It was supposed to be a birthday surprise for her back in June, but ...

Excited for the pin, but nervous for the "surprise" response.

Order date for my LE was in late Oct 2015 (a little over a year ago), so they must be catching up ... at least with the LE's.

#10039 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Woohoo! Just got "the call" from Jen that my THLE is shipping today - no early call that it is on the line for me! Now if I can just get that Escalera that I ordered a couple of weeks ago shipped in time. My wife (a avid pinhead too) does not know that I bought the TH yet. She does know about the Escalera though - she pushed me to get that. This will either be a good surprise or a begging for forgiveness surprise. It was supposed to be a birthday surprise for her back in June, but ...
Excited for the pin, but nervous for the "surprise" response.
Order date for my LE was in late Oct 2015 (a little over a year ago), so they must be catching up ... at least with the LE's.

You are going to love it, congrats!!!

1 month later
#10040 7 years ago

AT LAST!!! Smaug Edition on the way for early January delivery. Can't wait to finally get my hands on it! Only 3 years and 3 months wait time...

#10041 7 years ago

With stories of pumping out Dialed In April, is JJP expecting to have preordered THLE's shipped by then too? With 14 work weeks remaining and production rate of 50 per, another 700 TH's might be made in that time period. I would guess they might have 1000 THLE'S left to build. Doesn't look like will get there because TH has at least four models.

Any real numbers out there?

#10042 7 years ago

Pre-ordered Hobbits are basically done (yes, there are a few here and there but basically they're all made). LE and BASE are in production and they will go on for a bit. Hobbits are in stock at some distributors and a few at JJP. WOZ is in production and that will continue on the secondary line. Dialed In is not going on the main line quite yet so until then it is available to make Hobbits.

9 months later
#10043 6 years ago

any rumors about the Final Update at the EXPO?

#10044 6 years ago

Stay Tuned? Oh that is a diff company.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.