Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 201.
#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im just worried about splinters.

If you worry about splinters, perhaps a peter meeter ?

LTG : )™

#7902 4 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

We should probably blame Aurich for the Hobbit being so late! If it wasn't for his so many great ideas Hobbit would be rolling down the line by now.

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The difference is I'm not actually mad, and I'm not PMing 20 people and reporting all the posts I don't like to the mods.
There should be real Hobbit news in 4 days though right? Isn't the party on the 29th?

yes and you don't have your balls on the line financially tied to a company that people are trying to hurt.... do I say on purpose I don't mean anything by this, just to point out it can go on forever depending on your OWN opinions and where you are coming from. Jack sometimes deserves what he gets and perhaps so do others on here, myself included. Point is no ones right, no ones wrong, they are all opinions and we are all allowed to have them. Now arguing about them...............

#7904 4 years ago
Quoted from jams77:

Why do people say that he is passionate about pinball? He saw a growing market and jumped in to make cash. That is all I see. He wasn't a member here until he had something to sell. What gives people this idea? There is a lady that has bagged my groceries for over 20 years. I said "wow you've been here so long now you must love it. Wish I could find people that stay like you." She replied she hated it but it was close to her house and gave her money to go shopping for herself every two weeks. The only thing I have seen from him personally is he is passionate about talking. A 2 min. phone call is like 20+ mins.

You need to do some research... History is not bound by pinside accounts...

#7905 4 years ago

Can't We All Just Get Along?

image.jpg

#7906 4 years ago

Man I can't wait for the week after the JJP open house.

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

yes and you don't have your balls on the line financially tied to a company that people are trying to hurt.... do I say on purpose I don't mean anything by this, just to point out it can go on forever depending on your OWN opinions and where you are coming from. Jack sometimes deserves what he gets and perhaps so do others on here, myself included. Point is no ones right, no ones wrong, they are all opinions and we are all allowed to have them. Now arguing about them...............

Jack hasn't said a word on here since the cash infusion deal...........

#7908 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Jack hasn't said a word on here since the cash infusion deal...........

Maybe part of the financial deal was for him to just Zorlac (i.e. "shut up and build").

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The problem with TH is that I think more and more people don't like the facts. And even more people want to get new facts (from JJP) but don't get any so opinions are formed and the circle is complete.

But....that is just my opinion

#7910 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

The problem with TH is that I think more and more people don't like the facts. And even more people want to get new facts (from JJP) but don't get any so opinions are formed and the circle is complete.
But....that is just my opinion

What facts?
The game has a theme I like. Keith is on the rules! Thiel and 2 Steps from hell are there for the sound. It looks great. Don't know if I like the layout, but I think I will like it. I want my game sooner than later!

The big problem are announcements like this "I can say that we have ordered ALL parts for The Hobbit and we are waiting as more arrive every week. We will post some pictures, and games will be on the line sooner than later, This Summer." And then we will have delay after delay without info why there is a new delay. It's the same with STERN code updates. I don't want announcements with promises that can not be met. I just want infos what is going on. Real infos that give insight why as a buyer I have to wait and why the wait will be worth it. That's all.
Perhaps if the two companies would be more transparent, they could lose a few sales from people that couldn't handle the reality facts but I think their public image would be way better.

The open house this weekend can be a step in a new direction with the hobbit, can't wait to hear the reports of the visitors.

#7911 4 years ago

You guys were so busy arguing about dicks, you missed the most important thing in this thread.

Quoted from jams77:

I bought a bugatti and it was 6 months late and they credited me back $$, got hand written letter, and ton of phone calls letting me know what was going on.

You got a Veyron!?!?!?!

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You guys were so busy arguing about dicks, you missed the most important thing in this thread.

You got a Veyron!?!?!?!

Read my mind exactly, WM.

I guess we all can't afford Koenigsegg Trevitas.

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Read my mind exactly, WM.
I guess we all can't afford Koenigsegg Trevitas.

You got a Trevita!?!?!?!

Like George Costanza, I think it moved....

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

One year and 7900 posts.
And all I've learned regarding The Hobbit is that translights are now available.
Except they're not, actually. JJP has them listed as sold out currently.

Hobbit Translites are IN STOCK! - Sorry, it was just a website malfunction Working now - https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=62&product_id=73

#7915 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

One year and 7900 posts.
And all I've learned regarding The Hobbit is that translights are now available.
Except they're not, actually. JJP has them listed as sold out currently.

Hobbit Translites are IN STOCK! - Sorry, it was just a website malfunction Working now - https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=62&product_id=73

#7916 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

are these from the batch that were screwed up (i think they shipped the wrong size or something)?

#7917 4 years ago

You know the difference between a translite and backglass right?

#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

What facts?
The game has a theme I like. Keith is on the rules! Thiel and 2 Steps from hell are there for the sound. It looks great. Don't know if I like the layout, but I think I will like it. I want my game sooner than later!

This is not what I mean.

Quoted from Asael:

The big problem are announcements like this "I can say that we have ordered ALL parts for The Hobbit and we are waiting as more arrive every week. We will post some pictures, and games will be on the line sooner than later, This Summer." And then we will have delay after delay without info why there is a new delay. It's the same with STERN code updates. I don't want announcements with promises that can not be met. I just want infos what is going on. Real infos that give insight why as a buyer I have to wait and why the wait will be worth it. That's all.
Perhaps if the two companies would be more transparent, they could lose a few sales from people that couldn't handle the reality facts but I think their public image would be way better.

This looks like facts and opion material.

Quoted from Asael:

The open house this weekend can be a step in a new direction with the hobbit, can't wait to hear the reports of the visitors.

I hope you do not get disappointed (again).

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Why would you expect him to, when even Stern doesn't?!

#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A Bugatti is the ultimate dick enhancer, are you kidding?

The price on those Hobbit translites is very reasonable, anyone looking for a little piece of wall art or something should pick one up. Cheap enough that just having it without displaying it is even no big deal.

#7921 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

So was backglass screwed up?

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

So was backglass screwed up?

The backglasses are fine. These are the plastic translites, like the WOZ ones that they sell (which is why it has a picture on it where the display screen normally is). I'm going to buy one, and I'll tell you why:

I plan to paste the translite over my WOZ backglass, turn down the volume on the machine, and crank The Hobbit soundtrack on my CD player while I play the snot out of my brand new Hobbit machine while the rest of you suckers wait.

First one in the neighborhood to have one!

#7923 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The U.S. price is quoted right on the site. And shipping is local, not overseas, from US distribution site. So same price as JJP or Stern to ship.
If we're gonna compare dicks you can't suddenly hand me a ruler with longer inches!

Hold up there Sparky, that changed, and you probably know it did. The US price listing is new. Last time I checked, that was only listed in Pounds, and the conversion rate made the game much higher priced here in the US. So you are saying the example now, but seriously, you are skewing the argument because something at Heighway changed. It isn't fair to change the circumstance and then argue that it has been like that all along.

So if you are planning on pulling out that ruler, you might want to.... oh there is nothing nice to say here.

#7924 4 years ago

so there is translites being sold now. Not the update I was hoping for.

#7925 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hold up there Sparky, that changed, and you probably know it did. The US price listing is new.

I don't regularly check Heighway's website, so I honestly couldn't say what's "new", but it was there over a month ago, I can tell you that, I saw it myself when I needed to look it up for a conversation here. As far as I'm aware there has always been a US price though, there was never a need to convert and import, US distribution has been part of the plan from the beginning.

Anyways, it's neither here nor there, it's obviously on the site now. Prices are available to everyone to see.

To bring this back to being on topic, my personal hope is that more competition means some actual price reductions. JJP just raised prices by $500, and that's just crazy to me. All Stern seems to have learned from JJP is they weren't charging enough. If there are more real players in the game there's going to be less of a collusion effect, and maybe, just maybe, the manufacturers will have to compete for our dollars a little more, and we'll get some benefit from it.

Or maybe people will go out of business, or the hobby will collapse! I'm hoping for cheaper prices instead, but I could be dreaming. But maybe if JJP wasn't in constant startup mode they could actually sell games at $7500 normally, instead of as some pre-order deal.

#7926 4 years ago

They raised it another $500? So, is the LE $9000 and the SE $9500 now? That IS crazy.

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

JJP just raised prices by $500, and that's just crazy to me. All Stern seems to have learned from JJP is they weren't charging enough. If there are more real players in the game there's going to be less of a collusion effect, and maybe, just maybe, the manufacturers will have to compete for our dollars a little more, and we'll get some benefit from it.

JPP and Stern are determining prices due to demand. It the basic economic principle of supply and demand. When the demand decreases so will the price. I too would like to see the prices come down, but unfortunately, I just bought 3 NIB machines and I'm obviously contributing to the increase in demand. Not that I regret it because I got them at the buy-in prices but I probably will start to look at the secondary market for used machines on my next purchases. Unless of course JPP next game is Kick Ass. Bottom line, as long as people are buying at 9K+ the prices will likely stay there.

#7928 4 years ago

From what I heard, Keith will be at the open house this weekend to answer any questions.

#7929 4 years ago

Not sure any solid new info will come to light, but look forward to anything that happens to trickle out . As usual, clear pics and vids are appreciated!

1618512_1016097705075492_7914027235020638013_n.jpg

#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

As usual, clear pics and vids are appreciated!

Really appreciated for those who won't be there !

LTG : )

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You got a Trevita!?!?!?!
Like George Costanza, I think it moved....

I don't have one.

But my alter ego, Art Vandelay, the famous architect, has one.

#7932 4 years ago

I'd never give Jack a dime simply because he's a classless boob. Trying to embarrass Gary at the Texas show, badmouthing Gary at PPE while his sycophants chuckled, (alleged) drunken online diatribes, threats of litigation on the most mild criticisms, broken promises, half truths, etc.

To the argument, "What does that have to do with the product he puts out?", I vote with my dollar. The best restaurant in town is owned by someone who scammed an old woman out of her life savings. I'll never set foot in the place.

If JJP puts out the machine of my dreams, I'll wait to buy it used.

#7933 4 years ago

how did he try to embarrass gary stern at the texas show? What did he say. This question is directed towards anyone that can answer it as I see the OP was thread ejected.

#7934 4 years ago

Will there be any Hobbits to play on Saturday?

#7935 4 years ago

Planned to go, but found out there is a family party we're committed to....arghhh!

#7936 4 years ago

If I were within a 3 hours drive I would be there

#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will there be any Hobbits to play on Saturday?

From what I understand, there will be at least one Hobbit, one WOZ and pins that were donated from Automated for the event.

#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They raised it another $500? So, is the LE $9000 and the SE $9500 now? That IS crazy.

I don't think so. Per JJP's website, the LE is $8,500 and the standards are $8,000. The SE are no longer available (unless a distributor has some left or a current buyer sells his or her spot).

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Planned to go, but found out there is a family party we're committed to....arghhh!

And people wonder why I love being single!! lol

#7940 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And people wonder why I love being single!! lol

Don't believe it, Trekkie. Ted is one of those creepy horror-movie-director guys who lives alone in a small, one-bedroom apartment cluttered to the rafters with hoarded Elvira dolls and running rampant with about 25 smelly cats. Don't let the Hawaiian shirts fool you.

#7941 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't believe it, Trekkie. Ted is one of those creepy horror-movie-director guys who lives alone in a small, one-bedroom apartment cluttered to the rafters with hoarded Elvira dolls and running rampant with about 25 smelly cats. Don't let the Hawaiian shirts fool you.

Nominated for Post of the Year.

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

From what I understand, there will be at least one Hobbit, one WOZ and pins that were donated from Automated for the event.

Wish they'd setup an overhead camera, put Hobbit on 3 balls and broadcast live. I want to see some Hobbit footage.

#7943 4 years ago

Who ever is going take some pics, videos and let us know what the BIG NEWS IS. I don't want to hear we are waiting for parts to come in. Thats old news. Need some news i can use.

#7944 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Who ever is going take some pics, videos and let us know what the BIG NEWS IS. I don't want to hear we are waiting for parts to come in. Thats old news. Need some news i can use.

MMr got colored!

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

MMr got colored!

Sweet.

#7946 4 years ago

Friendly reminder....Clear pics & steady vids are greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has an incredible time!

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

What facts?

Yes i also don't like the layout (looks like a stellar wars for me).

But i like it more and more.
It LOOKS GREAT.
And gameplay wil be fun.
No pin is perfect.
There will always be a better one only you never now when it comes.

#7948 4 years ago

So sounds like the party was pretty much "check out all these Ruby Red WOZ games"? Anyone get any actual Hobbit news at the event?

#7949 4 years ago

Well. I 'think' the Hobbit will be shipping in October. Though it is a bit disheartening if he didn't even comment on the hobbit during this open house.

I guess there isn't much for JJP to say about the Hobbit if:

1. Nothing new to report
2. News isn't good, so it's really best not to say anything at all
3. Saving the 'good news' for some point in the future
4. They are trying to get as many WOZ pins built as they can while waiting for parts
5. Or they just wanted to focus on having a good time eating pizza, playing pinball, and hanging out

I am actually surprised the hobbit wasn't discussed that much today regarding future dates, features (custom dialog, music, modes), or even a shout out to how good the machine is and how excited they are for us to see the completed coding. Nothing? It seems like they could have discussed the great TSFH music - and played that for guests. Oh well...

Maybe it's too soon and no one has posted a real update that was announced today.

Anyway, guess I will keep on waiting - what else you gonna do if you are excited about getting a JJP pin?

#7950 4 years ago

I asked and October seems to be when they will begin. It was a nice event with a good crowd. image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Neepawa, MB
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside