47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 201.
#7301 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Yes, thank you for selling it to me nick!

You are going to love it! I very well might not of sold it after playing it. It exceeded my expectations!

#7302 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Now using my pictures now are we

Ask Google.

#7303 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

only seven downvotes? btw woz is a ladies game

Says the guy who can't play it.

#7304 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You are going to love it! I very well might not of sold it after playing it. It exceeded my expectations!

You can come over and play it when it arrives

#7305 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

And - they are still adding lots of modes, music, and custom dialog. So it will definitely get even better. And I don't think we have seen the stingers in play. So it is going to improve even more from a play standpoint.

#7307 8 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

maybe some custom callouts for Smaug?

I would think Smaug would require some speech... otherwise we would just have to be lip readers... It would be weird if that big talking head didn't say anything....

#7308 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I would think Smaug would require some speech... otherwise we would just have to be lip readers... It would be weird if that big talking head didn't say anything....

I imagine he meant hiring a voice actor to do pinball-specific callouts (as opposed to just movie clips).

#7309 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I imagine he meant hiring a voice actor to do pinball-specific callouts (as opposed to just movie clips).

Ah - then yes. I would have to agree.

#7310 8 years ago

Hundreds of these arrived today.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7311 8 years ago

Oh look at that. And I have to say, it really does look good in the game.

#7312 8 years ago

I assume those are the new ones? Pretty cool that they got them that quick.

#7313 8 years ago

Hundreds of Hobbit back glasses arrived

#7314 8 years ago

Yeeeah baby. That's what I'm talking about!

#7315 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hundreds of these arrived today.
image.jpg

OH MY GOSH! That's it...JJP is going down the tubes now! Why has Jack chosen to fall even further into debt??? Why does he keep throwing good money at bad!?! The sky is falling y'all! The sky is falling! In all seriousness, it's great to see JJP get the replacements back so fast. Good stuff! Hope to see TH on the line by mid September. Have a great weekend everybody!

#7316 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

OH MY GOSH! That's it...JJP is going down the tubes now! Why has Jack chosen to fall even further into debt???

?

Why would they have fallen further in debt by getting replacement parts that the vendor had screwed up? JJP shouldn't have had to pay twice.

#7317 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

?
Why would they have fallen further in debt by getting replacement parts that the vendor had screwed up? JJP shouldn't have had to pay twice.

I don't think you read his post right (or maybe I didn't).

#7318 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't think you read his post right (or maybe I didn't).

How so? He says JJP fell further into debt in response to getting the replacement back glasses. What did I misread?

#7319 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How so? He says JJP fell further into debt in response to getting the replacement back glasses. What did I misread?

He put the big "Sarcasm" emoticon after it.

Then he said, In all seriousness... before he complimented JJP on getting them back so fast.

I think he was making a parody of a typical attack on JJP.

#7320 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

He put the big "Sarcasm" emoticon after it.
Then he said, In all seriousness... before he complimented JJP on getting them back so fast.
I think he was making a parody of a typical attack on JJP.

Yes, he was being sarcastic in criticizing JJP *for going further into debt*.

My point being: there is no sarcasm applicable here because JJP didn't go further into debt.

#7321 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, he was being sarcastic in criticizing JJP *for going further into debt*.
My point being: there is no sarcasm applicable here because JJP didn't go further into debt.

Don't know what to tell you man, you are taking it the wrong way. He meant it as a joke.

#7322 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't know what to tell you man, you are taking it the wrong way. He meant it as a joke.

You are both wrong. He was seriouslyjoking.

#7323 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

?

You're completely missing the point. See if Jack was realistic with himself and JJP's current finanical situation he would've demanded a refund, rather than replacements, and just gone ahead and shuttered JJP's doors. Instead, he's decided to continue to throw money at TH and fall further into debt

#7324 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Smaug had custom speech when they showed the game in Chicago last October. He was yapping away and definitely didn't sound like Cumberbatch (more like Darth Vader).

#7325 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

You're completely missing the point. See if Jack was realistic with himself and JJP's current finanical situation he would've demanded a refund, rather than replacements, and just gone ahead and shuttered JJP's doors. Instead, he's decided to continue to throw money at TH and fall further into debt

/humorfail.

Reverse trolling is just as OT as real trolling.

Anyways,

Has JJ posted any other TH parts besides these backglasses (twice!)!

Or it is likely they would start with small quantities of stuff like cabinets and Pfs in case they find they need to make changes once they build protos?

#7326 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You are both wrong. He was seriouslyjoking.

2015-07-17_222717.png2015-07-17_222717.png

#7327 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

/humorfail.
Reverse trolling is just as OT as real trolling.
Anyways,
Has JJ posted any other TH parts besides these backglasses (twice!)!
Or it is likely they would start with small quantities of stuff like cabinets and Pfs in case they find they need to make changes once they build protos?

Tough crowd tonight

#7328 8 years ago

Has JJP actually confirmed who any of their voice actors are?

#7329 8 years ago

I wonder if they'll stick a cow in there like AFM or WOZ?

#7330 8 years ago

sometimes I wonder why I keep checking this thread...

#7331 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

sometimes I wonder why I keep checking this thread...

For updates? ...I'd imagine?

#7332 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Has JJP actually confirmed who any of their voice actors are?

If they're anything like the voice actors who did Dorothy and the wicked witch, then my guess is family members. Because those voice actors were so bad Jack must have gotten family to do them for free. So Darth Smaug was probably an uncle or cousin of Jacks.

#7333 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If they're anything like the voice actors who did Dorothy and the wicked witch, then my guess is family members. Because those voice actors were so bad Jack must have gotten family to do them for free. So Darth Smaug was probably an uncle or cousin of Jacks.

I think the WOZ custom call outs are actually done very well. The wicked witch is spot on and Dorthy is pretty good too.

#7334 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the WOZ custom call outs are actually done very well. The wicked witch is spot on and Dorthy is pretty good too.

I owned Woz for over a year. You sir, are delusional.

#7335 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I agree. The only one that's not that great is the lion, but even that one isn't distracting.

Edit: Apparently, that guy had some WOZ issues, feels he got "boondoggled", and is bitter...but why pick on the voices? Those are pretty good!
Maybe he loves the movie so much it's actual voices or nothing for him?

#7336 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I owned Woz for over a year. You sir, are delusional.

"Last night I dreamt of San Pedro..."

#7337 8 years ago

You'll never please everyone when you use anything but the original voices, but they did a pretty terrific job on WOZ. I'm sure They will do right by The Hobbit as well.

#7338 8 years ago

Some of you need to revisit the movie. Then go play woz. The dorothy and witch have high shrill voices in woz. Judy garland and Margaret Hamilton have low deep voices. If nothing else, listen to "toto you're back" and tell me they sound the same.

#7339 8 years ago

I can't believe JJP was so cheap they didn't hire the original actors to do voice work

#7340 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I can't believe JJP was so cheap they didn't hire the original actors to do voice work

It's funnier without the sarcasm emoji. If anybody's too stupid to get that joke, they deserve to look like an ass. Classic!

#7341 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Certainly there are voice actors out there that could sound pretty close to original. It would not surprise me if Jack used friends or relatives to do those voices to save money.

#7342 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

they should have an option for scoring on the hobbit.

Yeah it is so simple too. Just add the zero back on the end and it will be fine.

#7343 8 years ago

I was at CAX and saw the presentation by David Thiel and Butch Peel. I think they had a really good presentation and David shared some different sound clips.

He's up to 1100 voice clips and gave an example of one of the modes, where each shot made is accompanied by a "stinger" (video and sound clip). It reminded me of LOTR but on steroids. He said creating the stingers for 30+ modes seemed overwhelming at first but he has most of them done now. He also said the Hobbit has at least 2x the content of any sound package he's done in the past. The word used in the presentation was "Epic".

The Hobbit has been submitted for electrical testing (UL?).

A voice actor has been hired and the script has been written. David said if he wasn't at the show, he most likely would have been recording the custom speech. He said that once the custom speech is acquired, it shouldn't take long to incorporate it into the game.

#7344 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I was at CAX and saw the presentation by David Thiel and Butch Peel. I think they had a really good presentation and David shared some different sound clips.
He's up to 1100 voice clips and gave an example of one of the modes, where each shot made is accompanied by a "stinger" (video and sound clip). It reminded me of LOTR but on steroids. He said creating the stingers for 30+ modes seemed overwhelming at first but he has most of them done now. He also said the Hobbit has at least 2x the content of any sound package he's done in the past. The word used in the presentation was "Epic".
The Hobbit has been submitted for electrical testing (UL?).
A voice actor has been hired and the script has been written. David said if he wasn't at the show, he most likely would have been recording the custom speech. He said that once the custom speech is acquired, it shouldn't take long to incorporate it into the game.

I don't think the sound or programming on the hobbit pin were in much doubt - and should be absolutely outstanding. The only issues I have seen is on the PF layout (shots/third flipper/bag end/book). The toys were initially a potential concern - but Matt has stepped it up and they look good. The PF seems to be growing on people and even the book is getting more value due to the timer used on many of the modes. I am still looking forward to seeing the complete package to see where it stacks up compared to other great pins.

#7345 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Some of you need to revisit the movie. Then go play woz. The dorothy and witch have high shrill voices in woz. Judy garland and Margaret Hamilton have low deep voices. If nothing else, listen to "toto you're back" and tell me they sound the same.

The call outs in WOZ are really good, especially the Wizard of Oz with the "Extra Ball!!!!" callout. The "toto your back" call out is good as well.

#7346 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That presentation was amazing...

I think the game will be in a class it's own when it comes to sophistication of sound and music. I can't think of another game that comes close.... Would love to have seen this treatment on LOTR

#7347 8 years ago

If you like the theme and lay out on the hobbit you will love this pin, i am pretty sure about that.

I like everything but the layout. Way to simplistic for me. Both sides same shots, and Smaug doing nothing, cant get passed that to be a buyer in the future. A bit gutted about it, cause this should have been my dreampin.

#7348 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

If you like the theme and lay out on the hobbit you will love this pin, i am pretty sure about that.
I like everything but the layout. Way to simplistic for me. Both sides same shots, and Smaug doing nothing, cant get passed that to be a buyer in the future. A bit gutted about it, cause this should have been my dreampin.

Will never please everyone... maybe Pat's game will hit all your buttons.

#7349 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Will never please everyone... maybe Pat's game will hit all your buttons.

Hopefully pats game will just be released and we won't need these ridiculous update threads spanning over years.
But I guess hobbit buyers need something to grasp onto cause all they have is this thread.

#7350 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I wouldn't give up on it yet, sometimes repeated play on a machine that initially didn't like will change your mind, pinball to me is one of those rare exceptions to the "you can't undo a first impression" rule. I didn't care at all for CFTBL or The Shadow when they came out, now a couple of my favorite games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.