47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 201.
#6951 8 years ago

Jersey jacks comments were disgraceful. I will never buy one of his games ever, if that's how he feels about us low class customers.

#6952 8 years ago

Jersey Jacks rant against paying customers was disgraceful. I will never buy one of his pins ever!

#6953 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I don't think anyone was confused. we're not as stupid as you assume we all are. We know it was your opinion and that's the problem.

He also said he was sorry if the comments upset anyone. Don't leave that part out. It sounds like a genuine apology to me. We have all said things we regretted that were not intended to be offensive.

#6954 8 years ago

Sucks because I was looking forward to maybe adding a Jersey Jack Pinball JJP down the line sometime, but I cannot support a company that bashes Pinside and the victims. Just can't do it.

#6955 8 years ago

"I'm sorry ........ that you guys are so stupid"
- How to Apologize, Jersey-style.

#6956 8 years ago

Unfortunately it wouldn't matter how his apology was written to some people on here as they will never support JJP.

#6957 8 years ago

wow, I am not keeping track but that is at least 4 people easily that will never buy any of his games. Not the best strategy on his part.

#6958 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.
I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.
John is a person, with a family, that was the main point of my post.
This is Pinball.

Your personal opinion about other people's money was duly noted. I hope people that have unfilled orders with your company do the sane thing and request a refund ASAP. Unreal.

#6959 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Unfortunately it wouldn't matter how his apology was written to some people on here as they will never support JJP.

You're right.

And I suspect no matter how ridiculous of a comment he makes, or how many promises broken or lies told - some people here will defend him regardless....

I think its safe to assume that this last fiasco will result in a NET DECREASE in trust for JJP. The comments he made were just too callous and disrespectful of the very people that keep him in business. After-the-fact-damage-control notwithstanding, I think we saw a peek into the way he regards "investors" aka big-toy-collectors.

#6960 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You're right.
And I suspect no matter how ridiculous of a comment he makes, or how many promises broken or lies told - some people here will defend him regardless....

Or how late. Even next July, people will still be making excuses for why the Hobbit hasn't shipped.

"It's almost done! 4-8 more weeks!"

#6961 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

And no matter how poorly Jack treats people some here will always apologize for him.

#6962 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

And no matter how poorly Jack treats people some here will always apologize for him.

I said that the comment was wrong to say. I found it rude and hurtful as well.

#6963 8 years ago

Hi guys, I know there is a lot bad feelings out there about hobbit and how things have gone, and with reason.

But, this thread is meant to be the “Hobbit Update” thread and not a place to just dump on JJP.

To me most of you guys have got your point across with how you feel about the situation, maybe it’s time to turn this thread around.

So please post here if you have some NEW or relevant information, PLEASE!

#6964 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Hi guys, I know there is a lot bad feelings out there about hobbit and how things have gone, and with reason.
But, this thread is meant to be the “Hobbit Update” thread and not a place to just dump on JJP.
To me most of you guys have got your point across with how you feel about the situation, maybe it’s time to turn this thread around.
So please post here if you have some NEW or relevant information, PLEASE!

I wish the moderation team lots of luck with that.

Pintastic should be Fantastic! The Hobbit update just a few days away.

#6966 8 years ago

Did Jack really say that those who paid thousands of dollars to JPop for one of his pins got what they paid for?

Is this serious?

#6967 8 years ago

You guys are really king in magnifying text quotes and abandon the context. And that is exactly what I am going to do with this thread, abandon it. Thanks for that!

#6968 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

You guys are really king in magnifying text quotes and abandon the context. And that is exactly what I am going to do with this thread, abandon it. Thanks for that!

Way to post on the need to drain/abandon a thread, almost as bad as deciding to ignore a Pinsider.

****SERVICE ALERT****

Drain a thread or ignore another Pinballer, Just F'ing do it, don't post about it like a crying child.

#6969 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Way to post on the need to drain/abandon a thread, almost as bad as deciding to ignore a Pinsider.
****SERVICE ALERT****
Drain a thread or ignore another Pinballer, Just F'ing do it, don't post about it like a crying child.

Your reaction is as sad as how this thread has become. You are the one that is crying in every thread about this. Get a life!

#6970 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

****SERVICE ALERT****

Flank, he was just expressing his frustration at what this thread has become (a bash toy). Sometimes slamming the door on your way out is the only satisfaction left.

#6971 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Flank, he was just expressing his frustration at what this thread has become (a bash toy). Sometimes slamming the door on your way out is the only satisfaction left.

Exactly what I mean.

#6972 8 years ago

Exactly what I mean.

Thought you abandoned it.....

#6973 8 years ago

I read Jack's comments about Jpop when they were first posted in the JJP forum, didn't agree with everything he said, but certainly didn't cause me any concern about The Hobbit or the future of JJP.

One thing I've learned since first sending getting on board with WOZ is that Jack can be his own worst enemy. especially when it comes to expressing himself in print, he just doesn't seem to know how to phrase things to avoid trouble. He would be a horrible politician, wouldn't last a second in that viper pit, and unfortunately, Pinside is not far removed from that, the slightest misstep is pounced on.

If what Jack said really bothers you so much that you won't buy a JJP product now or in the future, that is certainly your prerogative, but seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me.

#6974 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thought you abandoned it.....

#6975 8 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I read Jack's comments about Jpop when they were first posted in the JJP forum, didn't agree with everything he said, but certainly didn't cause me any concern about The Hobbit or the future of JJP.
One thing I've learned since first sending getting on board with WOZ is that Jack can be his own worst enemy. especially when it comes to expressing himself in print, he just doesn't seem to know how to phrase things to avoid trouble. He would be a horrible politician, wouldn't last a second in that viper pit, and unfortunately, Pinside is not far removed from that, the slightest misstep is pounced on.
If what Jack said really bothers you so much that you won't buy a JJP product now or in the future, that is certainly your prerogative, but seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me.

I agree he can say whatever he wants, doesn't bother me. Just get those games rolling out!

#6977 8 years ago

You also managed to make me laugh. Thanks for that too.

#6978 8 years ago

You also managed to make me laugh. Thanks for that too.

I work it both ways

edit----sorry, that should have been twerk not work

#6979 8 years ago

In all seriousness, at this point do you pre-payers want small updates on minor changes to the Hobbit or do you just want it manufactured and shipped to your door?

I think you all know what I would want, get the game to me now. Assemble that badboy and let me play the crap out of it.

#6980 8 years ago

Until the lights go out on this one too...!!!.... .............Joey

#6981 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Until the lights go out on this one too...!!!.... .............Joey

Im not really convinced you are Joey.

#6982 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

In all seriousness, at this point do you pre-payers want small updates on minor changes to the Hobbit or do you just want it manufactured and shipped to your door?
I think you all know what I would want, get the game to me now. Assemble that badboy and let me play the crap out of it.

I'm in no hurry for The Hobbit to arrive, in fact with the CDN$ taking such a hit because of the Greece situation, I'm really hoping there will be some rebound time before I get the call, (I should have one the first 250 games off the line). To me, it'll get here when it gets here, felt the same way about WOZ and that worked out just fine.

"Good things come to those who wait" has always seemed like good advice to me!

#6983 8 years ago

... and there was me stupidly thinking all this activity was relating to a Hobbit pinball machine update.

#6984 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

... and there was me stupidly thinking all this activity was relating to a Hobbit pinball machine update.

Hopefully coming out of Pintastic this weekend! Nothing to see here until then.

#6985 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Did Jack really say that those who paid thousands of dollars to JPop for one of his pins got what they paid for?
Is this serious?

No, what Jack posted was respectful, thoughtful and sympathetic to both JPOP and his customers. What pinside trolls do is take things out of context and try to tear down a hard working guy who's doing his best. These trolls have no dog in the hunt, they are not Jack's customers and to them I say, if you are not buying the games, why are you here? I have voiced many criticisms of JJP's games and I have also praised the games where it was warranted but the difference is, I have had a stake in JJP's ventures since day one, with a day one WoZ order and TH on order paid in full (for some time now). There have been ups and downs in the whole process. I'm sure Jack could have pulled the plug at many points during the creation of WoZ and screwed his initial investors but he didn't, he stuck with it and produced a proven winner in WoZ. Through it all, I believe Jack has done his level best to create the best game he can within the numerous constraints and limitations he has encountered and learned about along the way. All said and done, compared to his peers, his games deliver the best value for the money in the industry today.

So to JJP customers and potential customers, please, add your perspective, criticisms and approval where you see fit. To you that are not interested in JJPs games with an agenda, I politely say...

#6986 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Personally, I want minor updates AND I want the game to ship as soon as possible. I want my cake and I want to eat it too! I do wish there was more transparency about the whole process, for better or worse... Show/tell me the good and the bad!

#6987 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

****SERVICE ALERT****

Calling people a "bitch" and now a "crying child"...wow. Seriously you come off at times as a bully in JJP threads and a nice guy in non JJP threads. You and several others come across as disliking anything JJP related. There are others that are far more rude and critical. These individuals will make a post acting like they are interested in a JJP game or news only to throw in a snarky comment at the end of it or in their next post. I don't understand it.

#6988 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

No, what Jack posted was respectful, thoughtful and sympathetic to both JPOP and his customers.

No it wasn't!

Quoted from John_in_NC:

What pinside trolls do is take things out of context and try to tear down a hard working guy who's doing his best.

The same thing could of been said about the "trolls" that spoke out about JPOP when there were signs of trouble early on. I sure wish I would of listened to those "trolls" it would of saved me thousands of dollars.

Jack I think your a decent guy with a good heart, but please for the love of God hire a PR guy to deal with customer communications... you are your own worst enemy.

#6989 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No it wasn't!

The same thing could of been said about the "trolls" that spoke out about JPOP when there were signs of trouble early on. I sure wish I would of listened to those "trolls" it would of saved me thousands of dollars.
Jack I think your a decent guy with a good heart, but please for the love of God hire a PR guy to deal with customer communications... you are your own worst enemy.

You are making my case, you are saying the messaging is the problem.

Have a nice day! (Don't tell me what kind of day to have. Who are you to order me around like that? The arrogance of some people! Who made you boss of my attitude?...)
Point is, if you are bent on tearing someone down, there is nothing you can say to them that won't be taken wrong.

Not sure why anyone would be worried they will not get their game, Jack has a proven record that he does deliver.

So, the Hobbit, looking good after Jack took feedback from Expo to heart huh? I thought is was shaping up to be a good possibly a great game. With the considerable changes, I have no doubt it's be a home run.

#6990 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Jen should edit his emails and post them.

Could be a Generation gap thing. I know a lot of people that always get taken the wrong way in emails and text messages.

I am looking forward to a real update tomorrow on where they are and hope we get some real expectation on when games will ship.

#6991 8 years ago

<

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

He also said he was sorry if the comments upset anyone. Don't leave that part out. It sounds like a genuine apology to me. We have all said things we regretted that were not intended to be offensive.

To me it sounded as if he had to come here and say something to attempt to shut us up. It wasn't sincere at all. it seemed like, "it's my opinion so deal with it if you don't agree".

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's not that. It's the fact that every time he posts, he insults people, is rude and condescending. His arrogance is overwhelming. It's hard to support someone like that. I was in on WOZ and Hobbit but bailed on WOZ (and TH) due to the delays and lies.
Pull up all of his posts, many of them are very mean spirited. They show his true character when he's not trying to sell something.

#6992 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Calling people a "bitch" and now a "crying child"...wow. Seriously you come off at times as a bully in JJP threads and a nice guy in non JJP threads. You and several others come across as disliking anything JJP related. There are others that are far more rude and critical. These individuals will make a post acting like they are interested in a JJP game or news only to throw in a snarky comment at the end of it or in their next post. I don't understand it.

Take it to PM ya big P***y

#6994 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Pretty? Pointy? Putty? I don't get it.

#6996 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I'd like to buy a vowel....

#6997 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Hopefully coming out of Pintastic this weekend! Nothing to see here until then.

I think Jack has good news coming out this weekend.... Like REALLY good news....

WoZ backlog (and the NEW money that came with it) just about wrapped up, and (just coincidentally!) they are ready to put TH on the line.

And perhaps that's why he felt he could go into "condescending-mode" regarding his Jpop rant....

No way things are delayed yet again after some of those comments he made...

#6998 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

No way things are delayed yet again after some of those comments he made...

I think he is going to announce they finally got those leg bolts in stock

#6999 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Is this serious?

Why did I get 10 thumbs down for this post?

I can't tell if people thumbed me down because Jack didn't say the above, or because they are just JJP sycophants who will defend him no matter what he says.

#7000 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

How about, "Hey Jack, that part was off base"??, or "Jack, you made some good points, but I think you totally missed the point with..."

I'm not saying you're wrong here, but look at it from the perspective of someone who just lost $27,000 - a significant amount of money to pretty much everyone including a millionaire - reading what Jack wrote. They're out that money, Popaduik hasn't apologized or done anything at all but be obtuse. Their emotions are running high already, and expecting them to be rational while their emotions are running hot is unreasonable.

This isn't something you can just have a rational discussion about - the money involved clouds all that. Honestly, thinking about it, the "Limited Edition" false rarity situation in pinball has had a negative effect on the whole hobby, because it brings out the worst in collectors. I mean, look what happened when Spooky waded into the LE market - even they got some serious heat! Then add pre-pay failures, stir in some us-vs-them opinions and you have Pinside these days.

At this point the horse is out of the barn and everyone knows how much money there is in LEs and other special editions, so there's no going back. I do think your wish would be nice but that isn't the world we live in now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.