Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 201.
#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I am very happy that Jack had the balls to redesign the game after the reception at Expo. It had to be a VERY difficult thing to do, but that decision saved The Hobbit and maybe even JJP.

With all due respect, if you honestly think that a redesign is the exclusive reason for the delays, you have a delusional disorder.

#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That made absolutely no sense. You also obviously have no sense of humor.
And btw Star Trek sucks
» YouTube video

Still think Star Trek LEDs only makes 3 colors?

#6904 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

With all due respect, if you honestly think that a redesign is the exclusive reason for the delays, you have a delusional disorder.

You're putting words in my mouth to serve your own agenda. I never said that.

#6905 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

He should talk to Popadiuk.

Oh, he has. There's a good discussion about it in the JPop thread.

#6906 4 years ago

Part of the difference between WOZ and TH being delayed was obtaining assets from the movies. WOZ assets were presented complete at time of licencing, TH had to trickle in as the movies were released. I have a Hobbit paid for, and like many others are upset by the delays. Unlike others, I took the time to talk to Jack in person, and I can tell you he is NOT happy with the delays either. There is some anger inside due to external influences that may come to light one day, he just doesn't share all the dirty laundry (as it should be). I'm really hoping there will be good news this weekend, and that Gabe has a great show! Great code is only developed once the game is out there and being played. The suggestions made by Pinsiders and tournament players is often implemented by Keith to great effect, so when he says it's 60% complete, it probably means there is tons of room for additions which is a good thing.

#6907 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh, he has. There's a good discussion about it in the JPop thread.

Shocked + dismayed about what Jersey Jack Pinball JJP said about the John Popadiuk JPOP fiasco.

#6908 4 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

Shocked + dismayed about what Jersey Jack Pinball JJP said about the John Popadiuk JPOP fiasco.

what did he say, can you link it? don't want to read through a million posts to find it in the Jpop thread

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Great code is only developed once the game is out there and being played. The suggestions made by Pinsiders and tournament players is often implemented by Keith to great effect, so when he says it's 60% complete, it probably means there is tons of room for additions which is a good thing.

Good point. The code on WOZ improved significantly as the game was already sold and on site. TH looks like it already is more developed and, in conjunction with the design changes will be a fantastic machine. There undoubtedly will be future updates the TH code which should help it only get better and better.

#6910 4 years ago

I sold my spot about 3 wks ago (had been in since 11/13) because I got tired of waiting. I will probably get TH at some point in the future when then code matures and I get a chance to play it more. I played it in Texas and really enjoyed it. I really hope they can crank them out once they finally get going.

#6912 4 years ago

deleted as it was just linked above....

#6913 4 years ago

Soo, JJP saying it's pinsides fault. Got,it...

#6914 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I must have missed that in what he said. Which line was that on?

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We HAD to move the shit show from that other thread to here?

#6916 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I must have missed that in what he said. Which line was that on?

"He did not intend this to happen, it happened because of poor planning, because of negative posts cutting off and panicking his buyers."

The paragraph that begins "he got way ahead of himself"

its a long read, here are my cliff notes:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is the letter for those that missed it:
JPOP Thoughts -19 Jun - Jersey Jack
"My personal opinions:
I don't know John.

he should have just stopped right there.

skewered in public by the angry mob and even the few hopeful, hapless know it all armchair experts that do nothing and have never done anything worthwhile.

nice.... now 'were getting some prime Jack.... "all the pinside critics have never done anything worthwhile"

Amazing jack has the time to keep up with EVERYONE elses accomplishments to make this statement...

I do not believe his intent was ever anything other than to deliver the best most innovative game he could design.

So, after admitting he doesnt know the guy, he *IS* able to determine his intent? Pretty impressive.

....years of passion, blood, sweat and tears of his life to do this. Pinball is (or was) John's life. He did it for you, those who believed in him.

eh, you forgot about the part where he was housed and salaried during this "arduous blood/sweat/tears ordeal" So, lets be fair, "he did it" for a salary and all expenses paid gig... He risked OTHER PEOPLES MONEY.... not his....(sound familiar?)

He did not intend this to happen, it happened because of poor planning, because of negative posts cutting off and panicking his buyers.

There it is! The reason for jack to wade into this shitnado- to blame pinside for Jpops failure! Of course! The damn critics! Waiting for him to coin a new phrase "PInside Mafia"

Those who "invested" in him - well - you got what you paid for. You got to be on the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You got to be an insider and an outsider. You had the money to burn for a big toy that nobody needs and that money got burned alright.

TH "investors" - please take note...

You already have received your pound of flesh and if you truly cared about Pinball all of you would have rallied as a group to help the poor guy figure out what he has and what could be saved if it was possible. Instead, the lynch mob storms the castle with pitchforks and torches.

"Pound of flesh"? I think the folks burned would rather have their MONEY BACK, not a pound (or ounce) of flesh.

The guy and his family have suffered enough, really, he has. ....John is not a failure, his company is a failure.
I feel bad for John"

<group hug>

Wow....just wow....

PS- to Jack: before you resume your stalking of me and criticizing my use of time- I wrote this on my lunch break....

#6917 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Normally Id agree... but.

JACK is the one that weighed in on the Jpop fiasco..

and, more importantly, he draws quite a few parallels to start-pinball in general - so Id say *HE* made it relevant to JJP investors...

If you had money tied up for 2-3 years with JJP and were still waiting through multiple blown delivery promises, are you saying THIS comment wouldn't have you a bit concerned:

"Those who "invested" in him - well - you got what you paid for. You got to be on the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You got to be an insider and an outsider. You had the money to burn for a big toy that nobody needs and that money got burned alright."

?!!?!?!
You had money to burn on a big-boy toy no one needs and got burned alright?

And that qualifies for "getting what you paid for"?

Hmmm.

#6918 4 years ago

sounds like he could be paving the way of excuses for future failure?

#6919 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For the record Im not in anymore personally, I was nearly all paid up on Hobbit about a year ago, I set a deadline that if JJP wasn't showing any progress on producing Hobbit by end of June 2015 I would be out. After a few weeks of that thought process, I asked for a refund in ~mid-september~ 2014.
Glad I didn't go with my first instinct.

good thing you were/are dealing with a distributor that understands peoples concerns and took care of you then.

#6920 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

good thing you were/are dealing with a distributor that understands peoples concerns and took care of you then.

Yep, you've always dealt straight with me, thats why I would never hesitate to buy from you Bro!

#6921 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

2bucks.jpg

#6922 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

JACK is the one that weighed in on the Jpop fiasco..

I know...but that's his OPINION. We all have them. No matter which way opinion goes, someone is not gonna like it.
The lawsuits are going through...let's just see what happens. Let's not condemn someone for sharing an opinion.

#6923 4 years ago

It seems like there may be a giant mea culpa coming from JJP soon. Is it too late to bail on your deposit or do you just need to find the greater fool? At any rate, JJP had better get busy or some of you will be looking for New Jersey Nathan before you know it.

Does anyone know the current state of WOZ sales? That will be your cue if or when Hobbit will hit the line. It's pretty obvious you can't believe anything from the horse's mouth.

#6924 4 years ago

Hey, Ted, you can downvote me all you like, but maybe Jack is just needing a stern talking to.. like you did to Kevin. How'd that one work out for everyone?

#6925 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I know...but that's his OPINION. We all have them. .

Sure... but its also OK to keep them to oneself....especially those running a company. Im sure it would be very entertaining to here Gary wax on and on regarding his OPINION on JJP... pretty sure we wont see that.

Quoted from spfxted:

let's just wait and see

where have I heard THAT before.....

#6926 4 years ago

This is just great, he's hinting toward his companies untimely demise. There will be a run on the bank now, err i mean Jersey Jerk Pinball that is. What a pompous ass, I've starting many companies and with MY OWN FRIGGIN MONEY.

runonthebank.png

Normally i do awesome stuff with photoshop but i really don't care anymore.

#6927 4 years ago

Jack will never be accused of being an eloquent speaker.

I think his worst crime here is perhaps believing Jpops version of how things went down. JPOP probably said, "Things were going great, but Pinside panic caused a run on the bank"

Jack is probably sick to death of pointless online criticism. There is a distinction between constructive commentary (IE Aurich's critique of the original playfield) and mindless brand bashing (IE JJP is a pyramid scheme, Stern Sucks, Etc etc)

JJP has benefitted from constructive scrutiny, but I would say both Stern and JJP receive more than their due of bashing.

I think he misspoke on several points. Jpops failure had nothing to do with Pinside criticism or opinion, and I don't think anybody thought they were investing in a start up. I think everybody thought they were paying for, or partially paying for a pinball machine that would surely materialize... With hindsight being what it is, you could call that an ill advised move, but JPOP had a pedigree, and people bought his BS.

Ultimately, I think JPOP did a terrible thing to the pinball community. I'm not sure if he intended to. Many things make it look like it's not simply down to the blunders of a bad business man.

Whereas Jack has done an incredible thing for the Pinball community. He brought us WOZ, and it's looking like Hobbit will arrive in the coming months.

What I do know is this. If we, as a community, continue to pile on, disrespect, mud sling, bash, and generally bad mouth the people in this industry... They will stop coming here. In my opinion, they deserve a modicum of respect, and a degree of reverence.

I'm not defending what Jack said, but I'd rather he speak up, and make a few mistakes, then say nothing.

One possible reaction is, "Jack, I appreciate what you've said about A, B, and C... However, I think your comment D is way off base. This community is passionate and engaged, but we're hardly responsible for JPOPs failures."

To which Jack may respond, "I see your point. I may be filtering what I said through my own lens of frustration about the delays I'm experiencing. I'm working my ass off to deliver a next level pin, and I've got keyboard warriors bashing me for delays beyond my control, calling me a liar, and trashing the company I have put my whole life in to"

I just wish that people were more respectful of each other, and of the people who make these incredible machines. Sadly, JPOP has lost that respect through his colossal failures... But I think we could cut Jack a LITTLE slack.

#6928 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sure... but its also OK to keep them to oneself....especially those running a company. Im sure it would be very entertaining to here Gary wax on and on regarding his OPINION on JJP... pretty sure we wont see that.

where have I heard THAT before.....

"the wait is part of the journey" well if thats the case, this journey is epic!!!!!

#6929 4 years ago

In other (relevant) news.. Jack says he will be speaking to the delivery status on TH at Pintastic!!

#6930 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sure... but its also OK to keep them to oneself

No one here does THAT!

#6931 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Hey, Ted, you can downvote me all you like, but maybe Jack is just needing a stern talking to.. like you did to Kevin. How'd that one work out for everyone?

Still being a jackass?

#6932 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Still being a jackass?

I could surely say the same, Enabler... but I won't because it's not my style to try to champion any popular and criticize any unpopular opinions that come down the pike.

#6934 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I know...but that's his OPINION. We all have them. No matter which way opinion goes, someone is not gonna like it.
The lawsuits are going through...let's just see what happens. Let's not condemn someone for sharing an opinion.

...some people rather not wait until Jack says "sorry, I lost the lawsuit and I have to dissolve your prepayment". With what he said in the Jpop thread, anybody that has money tied up in JJP should be shaking in their boots, and asking for a refund. But then again, Jack is very clear on how he regards other people's disposable income.

The excitement of wondering if you get a pinball is worth the price of your dandy cash!

#6935 4 years ago

Is this the rich guys version of Russian Roulette?? Give me $9,000 and years later, you may be on pinside bashing the company or you may have a cool game.

#6936 4 years ago

C'mon Jack! Get those Hobbits rolling out the door and nobody will care about any of this anymore!.... At least I won't.

#6937 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I just wish that people were more respectful of each other, and of the people who make these incredible machines. Sadly, JPOP has lost that respect through his colossal failures... But I think we could cut Jack a LITTLE slack.

As the person who first posted his comments, I thought I'd wade in here and say I agree with you. In retrospect I wasn't really helping the situation.

But, in this particular instance, the money involved, and Popaduik's perceived indifference, has emotions flying high and you can't expect people to be rational in that situation.

Just a caveat.

#6938 4 years ago

I will leave the drama queen convention alone and just say that I am really looking forward to what Jack will say in a couple of days.

Sounds like there is some actual news to come, on this weekend's seminar. Hoping for some good stuff.

#6939 4 years ago

All these companies like JJP love to bash on pinside, but sure coming running to the site when they want press or attention.

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

All these companies like JJP love to bash on pinside, but sure coming running to the site when they want press or attention.

or money....strange thing for a guy to badmouth and show such disdain towards a group of customers that keeps him in business.

#6941 4 years ago

I remember a week ago when an actual pic of a mountain side with the remarks "Part of the Misty Mountains?" got me a permanent thread eject Hopefully Jack will have some positive news regarding TH this weekend. 2 days till Pintastic!

#6942 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Really enjoyed your post. I would say though, that to many people, Jack was so far off base in so many of his comments on the JPop fiasco, that it was really difficult to feel like he deserved even a LITTLE slack.

I mean he actually said "those who "invested" in him - well - you got what you paid for. You got to be on the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You got to be an insider and an outsider. You had the money to burn for a big toy that nobody needs and that money got burned alright."

It makes me cringe every time I read that quote. It scares me to know that he actually thinks this way.

#6943 4 years ago

having such a cavalier attitude towards opm (other peoples money) doesn't bother me because i refuse to preorder ever again. first made first paid is my motto. if i want a journey i will take a vacation.

#6944 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really enjoyed your post. I would say though, that to many people, Jack was so far off base in so many of his comments on the JPop fiasco, that it was really difficult to feel like he deserved even a LITTLE slack.
I mean he actually said "those who "invested" in him - well - you got what you paid for. You got to be on the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You got to be an insider and an outsider. You had the money to burn for a big toy that nobody needs and that money got burned alright."
It makes me cringe every time I read that quote. It scares me to know that he actually thinks this way.

That's the quote right there that made up my mind on Hobbit. Regardless of delivered games and a game close to being finished, no way am I sending him money.

#6945 4 years ago

I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.

I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.

John is a person, with a family, that was the main point of my post.

This is Pinball.

#6946 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Me too. I just saw this as Jack shooting from the hip a bit, and speaking his mind. I think if he was challenged on that attitude, he might admit that it's off base. I don't think it was a well thought out statement. It wasn't a press release. It was a ramble on a private owners forum.

I've heard Jack say countless times how much he appreciates the Pinball community's support and belief in his company. That WOZ would not have been possible without us. Etc etc.

I don't think Jack has ANY disdain for the pinball community or Pinside. I think he's sick of internet trolls. So am I.

It wasn't a press release, and it wasn't even intended to be posted here.

Imagine if we were all privy to the private rambling statements of the heads of every company that we buy things from??

I think Jack is a good guy. Maybe that's where I'm coming from first and foremost. I'm not sure why so many want to see him fail, or make such a big deal out of such an uninvested statement. What does it matter what Jack said about JPOP and Magic Girl??!! It really doesn't. It doesn't reflect his attitude about his own company. It reflects his attitude about people who trash talked him while backing the wrong horse.

I think it was poorly thought out, and if he'd run it by a PR person they surely would have sanitized it and made it much more innocuous and palpable... But we were never even meant to see it?!!

I'm just tired of the manufactured outrage here. I love Pinside. I read it every day, and contribute what I can to the conversation. There are a tremendous amount of incredible people here who are helpful, insightful, thoughtful, funny... And truly crazy about pinball.

There is however a very vocal minority who live to make things shitty. It's an unfortunate side effect of the system.

Long story short... I think Jack misspoke. I think he hadn't thought that statement through. There is a cadre of people here waiting in a 3 point stance to jump all over whatever their personal beef is. It's just stupid.

How about, "Hey Jack, that part was off base"??, or "Jack, you made some good points, but I think you totally missed the point with..."

You know, the way civilized people would engage in a conversation??

We have this amazing opportunity to elevate the discussion. Let's look for opportunities to improve things, rather than jumping on every chance to sling mud, feed fires, and pour salt in wounds.

Have a great day everybody.

#6947 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.
I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.
This is Pinball.

While I completely disagree with your personal opinion about JPop, I absolutely appreciate your willingness to reach out on Pinside and apologize to those that were offended.

Marcus

#6948 4 years ago

Damage control lol

#6949 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

While I completely disagree with your personal opinion about JPop, I absolutely appreciate your willingness to reach out on Pinside and apologize to those that were offended.
Marcus

Below isn't really an apology. He's saying sorry that we misunderstood his comments and we were upset. He says that its his personal opinion. While I agree that John is a person with a family, what John did in leading his customers on through his failure while dragging additional cash in from others is disgraceful, deceitful and beyond being a bad businessman. The rest of Jack's post was offensive to the rest of us that support all of pinball whether its Jpop, JJP or Stern. The apology reiterates that the comments are his opinion. If Jacks opinion is represented by his comments,then I will repeat what I said in the Jpop thread, I don't need his toys and will not burn my money to support his company.

Quoted from JerseyJack:

This is Pinball.

#6950 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

This is Pinball.

I don't think anyone was confused. we're not as stupid as you assume we all are. We know it was your opinion and that's the problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside