IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 260.
#12701 3 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I did a thing! 3D printed this from thingiverse. Then painted it. And finally added the twine. Could not be happier with how it turned out.
Print took 17+ hours total.
Paint took about 2 hours.
Twine took about 20 minutes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not bad! Not bad at all.

You can use this on Hobbit or Cactus Canyon, looks great.

#12702 3 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I did a thing! 3D printed this from thingiverse. Then painted it. And finally added the twine. Could not be happier with how it turned out.
Print took 17+ hours total.
Paint took about 2 hours.
Twine took about 20 minutes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!

#12703 3 months ago

Has anyone put one of these on their Hobbits? This is a post from the GnR thread. There is a new (and expensive) IO/Flipper board you can get. Same board that is on the EJ. For $400 though, it gives me pause.

I would probably get this for TH before I would get it for GnR.

Any thoughts?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/547#post-7983588

#12704 3 months ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Has anyone put one of these on their Hobbits? This is a post from the GnR thread. There is a new (and expensive) IO/Flipper board you can get. Same board that is on the EJ. For $400 though, it gives me pause.
I would probably get this for TH before I would get it for GnR.
Any thoughts?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/547#post-7983588

I've never had issue with the flipper feel on Hobbit. Now DI and GnR are a different story. As long as you have fans on your Hobbit flipper coils to counteract fade in long games, I just don't see this as needed in this game.

#12705 3 months ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I've never had issue with the flipper feel on Hobbit. Now DI and GnR are a different story. As long as you have fans on your Hobbit flipper coils to counteract fade in long games, I just don't see this as needed in this game.

I also have a GnR and those guys are raving about it.

And, I dont feel it nearly as bad on GnR as I do on Hobbit. Hobbit flipper fade is much worse the GnR on my machines.

But $400 a pop.... Phew. It's not THAT BAD and I could just put fans on them.

#12706 3 months ago

Will this board work with Hobbit? Isn't the Hobbit driver in the main cabinet and is a different board? JJP upgraded to most of the parts in the backbox starting with Dialed In, IIRC. I honestly can't remember, maybe it will work...

#12707 3 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Will this board work with Hobbit? Isn't the Hobbit driver in the main cabinet and is a different board? JJP upgraded to most of the parts in the backbox starting with Dialed In, IIRC. I honestly can't remember, maybe it will work...

From Pinball Life website:
"Updated direct replacement driver board for Jersey Jack Pinball machines starting with Toy Story.

Suitable replacement for Guns N' Roses & prior machines with the exception of Wizard of Oz."

#12708 3 months ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Owned POTC since 2020 and Hobbit since 2022. 2nd owner on both.
Decided today to finally replace the batteries. Not sure if the current ones were original. Suspect probably. I have been diligent in replacing the AAs in all my other pins but have never done a machine with a coin battery.
Checked voltage on the removed batteries. Lowest on the POTC (2.79). Surprised I had not had an issue.
Lesson learned.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My neighbor's dead battery on WOZ that I get to help fix and your post inspired me to change my first run hobbit today, voltage exactly the same as yours (2.96)

#12709 3 months ago

When I turn on Hobbit it begins the boot process but then the monitor begins flashing and after several minutes goes dark. I 've tried reloading the latest code update, jump starting the machine and turning it on and off. Also reseated SATA and monitors cables.

Any ideas what to try next?

#12710 3 months ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Any ideas what to try next?

Measure voltage leaving power supply.

LTG : )

#12711 3 months ago

Okay took out PSU and it tests fine. Reseated every connector and put new RAMs in CPU. Also redownloaded software for game.
Not it turns on including monitors, leds on fuses and all the lights and monitor is showing in attract mode. But start button not lit and it won't start game Nor go into game menu to let me start tests, settings etc.

#12712 89 days ago

Ok guys I just installed the larger caps on my board and it’s like a new hobbit!
Two 6800uF 6800mfd 100V Electrolytic Capacitor . $10 off eBay . It’s an easy install if you can solder. Beats $400 for a new board!https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board/page/6#post-8003198
Best upgrade I ever performed !!!!

#12713 89 days ago

Fabulous work, freddy

Ordered enough caps to do all my JJPs. Thanks.

#12714 89 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ok guys I just installed the larger caps on my board and it’s like a new hobbit!
Two 6800uF 6800mfd 100V Electrolytic Capacitor . $10 off eBay . It’s an easy install if you can solder. Beats $400 for a new board!https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board/page/6#post-8003198
Best upgrade I ever performed !!!!

These?

ebay.com link: itm

#12715 89 days ago

I'd avoid eBay and Amazon for electrolytic capacitors. Way too many fakes. Stick with Mouser or Digikey. Here's a link to a good replacement:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/rubycon/100USC6800MEFCSN35X50/3565927

#12716 88 days ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

These?
ebay.com link: itm

This was what I used.

IMG_2323 (resized).pngIMG_2323 (resized).png
#12717 88 days ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Okay took out PSU and it tests fine. Reseated every connector and put new RAMs in CPU. Also redownloaded software for game.
Not it turns on including monitors, leds on fuses and all the lights and monitor is showing in attract mode. But start button not lit and it won't start game Nor go into game menu to let me start tests, settings etc.

Loose connector for the door switches?
Not set to free play?

Did you backup your settings? Did you try to install your backup settings?

#12718 87 days ago

Joined the club. Man it’s heavy I hurt my back a bit getting it down with a stair climber dolly. Gotta figure out the rules a bit.

IMG_8201 (resized).jpegIMG_8201 (resized).jpeg
#12719 87 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Gotta figure out the rules a bit.

in the manual. Flow chart will help

#12720 86 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Joined the club. Man it’s heavy I hurt my back a bit getting it down with a stair climber dolly. Gotta figure out the rules a bit.
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet has the details and this cheat sheet is useful https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet/page/5#post-6184778

#12721 86 days ago
Quoted from beltking:Joined the club. Man it’s heavy I hurt my back a bit getting it down with a stair climber dolly.

Welcome to both clubs! I remember the day I moved mine down to the basement. Holy hell I have never lifted something so heavy in my entire life. When I sell my house I'm hiring a moving company. No way in hell will I ever endure that bullshit again.

On a separate note, I've had a few instances while running beta code where the end of ball doesn't quickly end. Like the machine is waiting for the video to end to run the next expected code. It's entirely possible I might have a flakey trough switch but I doubt it because if I wait long enough then it brings up the expected end of ball summary info. Anyone else seen this behavior?

#12722 86 days ago

Hello,

I've got a cracking sound from one of the right top speakers. did someone else have this issue? and are they easy to remove/replace? and is there a replacement part?

Thanks

#12723 85 days ago
Quoted from NielsR:

Hello,
I've got a cracking sound from one of the right top speakers. did someone else have this issue? and are they easy to remove/replace? and is there a replacement part?
Thanks

It might be that the ground loop isolator is going bad.

#12724 85 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Welcome to both clubs! I remember the day I moved mine down to the basement. Holy hell I have never lifted something so heavy in my entire life. When I sell my house I'm hiring a moving company. No way in hell will I ever endure that bullshit again.

That was a milestone event for us also. After that I had the golden ticket approval from my wife to purchase an Escalera. Best investment. About 17 pinball machines later, back is still functioning.

#12725 85 days ago

There are missing posts absent after 12718. What happened? There were posts made before 12719.

#12726 85 days ago
Quoted from docdeath:

There are missing posts absent after 12718. What happened? There were posts made before 12719.

They all appear on my screen.

Try refreshing your browser? Hit F5 maybe?

#12727 85 days ago

As my wife said, one emergency room visit is more expensive than an escalera. I concur that they’re fantastic if you have to move pins up/down stairs. Done about 15 here myself.

#12728 85 days ago

ok I let my battery die.. what do I need to do? Replace battery and .... full install?

#12729 85 days ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

ok I let my battery die.. what do I need to do? Replace battery and .... full install?

Watch this.

#12730 85 days ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Mine died, I put a new one in and it was like nothing had happened.

#12731 85 days ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Replace battery make sure it’s installed correctly . Then turn on game. If game boots up great . If not report back.

#12732 82 days ago

Anyone able to make that gear sound go away on their LE for the drops? It’s on all games but gotta be a way to fix that weird sound.

#12733 82 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

It’s on all games but gotta be a way to fix that weird sound.

Go into settings and disable all of the drop targets.

#12734 82 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

lol

#12735 82 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

So that’s basically normal right? Distro said everyone he played did that.

#12736 82 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

So that’s basically normal right?

Yes. Or hit the button on the lockdown bar to change things during the game.

#12737 82 days ago

You happen to have any details on the Smaug jaw moving? I think I need a new servo or something it’s not moving. Everything seems connected right I need to try to get the dragon out. Two screws in back are tough to undo.

#12738 82 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

I need to try to get the dragon out. Two screws in back are tough to undo.

Putting him back in is way more fun.

Does jaw move in test ? If so maybe change his up down settings. If not servo or linkage.

#12739 82 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

You happen to have any details on the Smaug jaw moving? I think I need a new servo or something it’s not moving. Everything seems connected right I need to try to get the dragon out. Two screws in back are tough to undo.

Is the servo board burned up?

#12740 82 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is the servo board burned up?

Doesn’t move in test. Is it the tiny board inside the dragons head?

#12741 82 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Doesn’t move in test. Is it the tiny board inside the dragons head?

The servo is plugged into it.

#12742 81 days ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Found this on I/O board blown.
It is a very small blue one. There are two on the board. But would this allow game to boot up, get to start with monitor in attract mode but then not start game and not allow to get into menus abd tests? I didn't have time to replace it yet, but wondering.

Capacitor, MLCC, Leaded, 100nF, 630V, 10

Loose connector for the door switches?
Not set to free play?
Did you backup your settings? Did you try to install your backup settings?

Finally Hobbit is mostly working after putting in a different time CPU and I/O board

Sure was wonderful to have it turn on and hit start and it started after weeks on and off of frustration! Thanks to all who gave suggestions or well wishes!

New problem is now all the pop up mechanisms come up right time in game but go up and down really fast i.e shot gunning. Did the usual check fuses, looked at manual and reseated relevant in the game on I/O connectors. Must be overlooking something.
Since it's all 3 can't believe it's mechanical. Any thoughts on what else to check?

#12743 81 days ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Found this on I/O board blown.
It is a very small blue one. There are two on the board. But would this allow game to boot up, get to start with monitor in attract mode but then not start game and not allow to get into menus abd tests? I didn't have time to replace it yet, but wondering.
Capacitor, MLCC, Leaded, 100nF, 630V, 10

Finally Hobbit is mostly working after putting in a different time CPU and I/O board
Sure was wonderful to have it turn on and hit start and it started after weeks on and off of frustration! Thanks to all who gave suggestions or well wishes!
New problem is now all the pop up mechanisms come up right time in game but go up and down really fast i.e shot gunning. Did the usual check fuses, looked at manual and reseated relevant in the game on I/O connectors. Must be overlooking something.
Since it's all 3 can't believe it's mechanical. Any thoughts on what else to check?

Sounds like a connector issue.

#12744 81 days ago

Sounds like a connector issue.

Tired of Hobbit and working on it and things going backwards. Put in an extra I/O board and game finally booted. Everything working working except pop ups when they came up would go up a d down really fast and not react to being hit.

Tried reseating connectors on bag end board. Now game acts dead except leds on I/O board only on. Nothing else at all not any fans, no lights, nothing but red I/O leds. Tried going back over every area of bag end boards and reseating any cables/ connectors releared to power. Reseated PSU power chord. Did all these with game turned off.
Tired of working on it lately and seemingly working on WOZ even way more. Hobbit had been very very solid until just recently. Think it's my idiocy and not the pins.

#12745 81 days ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Tired of Hobbit and working on it and things going backwards. Put in an extra I/O board and game finally booted. Everything working working except pop ups when they came up would go up a d down really fast and not react to being hit.
Tried reseating connectors on bag end board. Now game acts dead except leds on I/O board only on. Nothing else at all not any fans, no lights, nothing but red I/O leds. Tried going back over every area of bag end boards and reseating any cables/ connectors releared to power. Reseated PSU power chord. Did all these with game turned off.
Tired of working on it lately and seemingly working on WOZ even way more. Hobbit had been very very solid until just recently. Think it's my idiocy and not the pins.

Sometimes taking a break from a given title is the best thing you can do. Pins are a love/hate kind of thing, especially if you might be like me where I know enough to be dangerous. The good news is when you catch your breath, and you are persistent, this forum will continue to provide guidance until you figure it out. The more detail, pix, and data you give, the better chance we can help you find AND fix your issue. Keep the faith bud!

#12746 81 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Sometimes taking a break from a given title is the best thing you can do. Pins are a love/hate kind of thing, especially if you might be like me where I know enough to be dangerous. The good news is when you catch your breath, and you are persistent, this forum will continue to provide guidance until you figure it out. The more detail, pix, and data you give, the better chance we can help you find AND fix your issue. Keep the faith bud!

I keep imagining selling them or paying someone to haul them away at this point. So damn frustrating. Sometimes I wish I had chosen another hobby! Like sky diving, nothing could ever go wrong then.

Good advice, I need a break and will take it!

#12747 81 days ago

After spending way too long reseating crap and testing PSU game starts.

Still getting Bag EndEGB board error, not lights but spotlights and the mechs when popping up basically shot gunning. Done for now.

#12748 80 days ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

mechs when popping up basically shot gunning.

Any chance the up/down switch and target face connectors are mixed up ?

#12749 80 days ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

After spending way too long reseating crap and testing PSU game starts.
Still getting Bag EndEGB board error, not lights but spotlights and the mechs when popping up basically shot gunning. Done for now.

Quoted from LTG:

Any chance the up/down switch and target face connectors are mixed up ?

Take LGT’s advice ! He is usually spot on!

#12750 80 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Take LGT’s advice ! He is usually spot on!

And LTG approaches with that MN Nice kind of way to boot. He asks in a very kind way when in reality he already knows the issue and wants you to "find" it on your own

LTG is real deal when it comes to really helping out another person. Need more of that in this world TBH.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.