20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 259.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

... If JJP had made a generic fantasy based game the limitations on what they can add and all that jazz pretty much disappear, I think.

... as do most of the buyers unfortunately.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Does that mean impersonators can be sued?
What are the voices in LOTR? Original or voice over? It's hard to tell because of the quality

They can't be sued as the license is reviewing and approving.

Don't know for sure on LOTR. Keep in mind we are talking about custom speech only... they can use clips from anyone if they are taken from movie.

Another example of "close but not that close" is the back glass for Williams Indiana jones.. they didn't get Harrison Ford so that is a different Indy actor but sure looks like it could be him.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Original or voice over?

this is why ST:TNG is the greatest of all time.

#54 7 years ago

I guess it's just another reason why this model of pre-paying/pre-ordering way in advance (ie before there is even a machine) is just not a good one, especially on licensed themes. You've got to have this kind of stuff locked-up (ie voiceovers). I can imagine it takes forever to go back and forth, not to mention the added cost of constantly having to re-voice the lines and change the voice a bit each time.

#55 7 years ago

Does GB have original voices?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Does GB have original voices?

Yes - from the movie clips. And Ernie Hudson did the custom call outs.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - from the movie clips. And Ernie Hudson did the custom call outs.

The Ernie Hudson callouts for GB is a big plus for the game. While Ernie Hudson is a great actor I'm sure Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Ian McKellen likely cost much more to hire for voice work as they have more starring roles in recent films. I recall Jack saying that Martin Freeman wanted $100k for custom callouts! That seems crazy.

Gandalf does seem like the ideal / logical character to lead you in the game so I can see why JJP wanted callouts that sound like Ian McKellen's character. I think the voice actor they hired does a close Gandalf impression but it's too bad if the license holder is really saying his callouts sound too close to Ian McKellen...

It sounds like the licensing with The Hobbit has been a bit of a pain. I remember Jack saying that Peter Jackson himself turned down some of JP's animations and something about Smaug not being able to get hit by a pinball.

Jody Dankberg from Stern recently told PinballNews.com some interesting points about the challenges with licensing.

Jody also said using licensed themes brings its own challenges. “Having made hundreds of games we typically know what to expect but each new license presents its own ups and downs. Each licensor is unique in the way they handle creative projects and approvals.”

Update: forgot this was owners club thread, sorry! I may still get a Hobbit one day. Game looks great.

#58 7 years ago

I will stick with my awesome hobbit and great rule set. I will pick up a used GB within a week after its released.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I will stick with my awesome hobbit and great rule set. I will pick up a used GB within a week after its released.

I sold off a couple of games...so that I could just choose both.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

My initial impressions ... Had about a full day with the game, so obviously take it with a grain of salt - I'll need a lot more plays to be able to really get a good, true impression, and of course future code updates will have a big impact. But I thought perhaps some would be interested in some initial thoughts. Also this is the first time I've ever played the game, and of course it was purchased knowing those risks (same with GB).
Pros:
1. As has been said by many, this is a beautiful game. I'd agree that this is probably the best looking game I've ever seen. Everything about it is just a real testament to the folks who designed the art for the game, the playfield, the bumpers, the lighted wording in the ramp, etc. Bravo there.
2. Again, no surprise here, the display is incredible. The animations are incredible. Heck, even the adjustments menu is incredible! You can start to understand why it takes so long to code the game with everything that is tied together.
3. Sound - overall excellent. Will be further enhanced with more call-outs with newer code.
4. No issues with flipper power out of the box for me - I read from others this was a concern, and that it can be adjusted, but as of right now I find no need.
5. I do like when you are starting a mode, the ball goes to the Windlance and you have a bit of time to read what mode you've started and how to win. This is important for this game, and is executed well. Starting a mode while trying to play the ball (or trying to cradle) would have been a really bad decision here with the complexity of the game - this was a great idea, and definitely needed.
6. Ring Save - awesome.
7. Everyone likes the flipper post - it creates some really interesting and cool saves sometimes with the ball going through the flippers and back up the out-lanes from hitting off of the post at an angle.
Cons:
1. As noted in my original post, the biggest con to me is the one ball hangup that requires glass removal, that happens maybe once every 10 games or so for me. At this point I don't know if it will be specific just to me, or if others are going to have the issue on this ramp. It is rather easily fixed with an addition of a post where the screw is, or a plastic.
2. (#1 is #1 for a reason, however everything else starting with this one is in no particular order) I'm just going to call the popups Orcs for simplicity - I know they are 4 different. They are not smooth to the playfield as my MMR. The MMR trolls, at least on my machine, are perfectly smooth to the playfield and have zero effect on ball travel, even when ball speed is low. The same can't be said about the Hobbit - the Orcs are not completely smooth to the playfield (none of them), and thus they can affect ball trajectory. Now, it's not major, and generally it only happens at very slow ball speeds, but nonetheless, a very noticeable difference between Hobbit and a machine with similar mechs, MMR. Not sure if that is more of a testament to the build of an MMR, or a detriment to Hobbit. But it is noticeable to me.
3. Lack of substantial toys is noticeable. The Orcs and Smaug are the main toys in the game, and that's about it. I don't count the book as a toy because it simply acts as a Mode display, and countdown timer - I don't think I can classify that as a "toy" (yes it does look great, and the graphics are superb on the book). It's severely lacking in that department compared with WOZ, and many other newer machines. There is no "cool" toy in the game at all - Smaug looks great, but it's simply a turning head with a simple jaw movement. T-Rex is a much better "toy" in terms of what it does. There's no intuitive magnets, locks, or other interactive toys - especially when you compare it to WOZ with the upper playfield, monkey lock, spinning house with pop-out feet, etc). The Orcs are pretty much it. A clear Smaug target past the popups would have gone a long way here (ie AFM, ST, etc), and some more imagination with some magnets, or simply going with two Orcs and making the other two something "different" - ie a trap door, etc.
4. The gameplay, as it currently stands, is not meant for casual gamers, and neither is the layout. It is definitely a game that you need a rulesheet for so you can decipher what-is-what on the screen, and what you are trying to do (other than Smaug lock/multiball which is easy to figure out for all). I do think this can be fixed with code, but I'm not sure it will be to the extend of making it easy to understand.
5. Really weak kick-back / "windlance" - many times it just comes out so very slow. I'm assuming this can possibly be adjusted in the game - haven't look. But out of the box, the weakest kick-back I've seen in a game.
6. Code. Example - I get no sense during Smaug multi-ball if I'm having an effect - I seem to be hitting a ton of lighted shots and lasting forever, but there is no sense that I'm actually doing anything. I'm really thinking this is simply an early-code issue.
7. This isn't so much of a con, as a "What is happening here?" .. I'm assuming this is a mode, but when playing two games the drop targets started going up and down really fast across the playfield - it sounded like a machine gun going off. I thought there was something wrong with the game (I hope not!), but again, assuming it's just a mode or something else. But it really didn't jive with the game, especially with how loud they were when they are going crazy. We're not talking about the Skillshot type of noise with one target going up and down every second - this was about 5-10 targets going up and down every second like crazy. And it lasted seemingly forever. I thought Bilbo had retrieved his magic AK47.
8. The ramp set-up does take away from the flow of the game - in that both of the only ramps in the game feed the same flipper that you use to make the shot. In looking at all of my other games - there is no other game I have that does this. They all feed the opposite flipper to make a different ramp shot. This does take away from that "flow" feeling of hitting a ramp feeding a flipper to make a different ramp shot. There's only so many times you can change the page of that damn book!
9. I think the two drop-holes in the playfield could have been implemented better - with the amazing art and everything all around them, they are pretty bland holes that are just "there". Again, looking at other games, I think they could have built something better around them to incorporate them better (think a cave, or covering of some sort, etc).
10. The top flipper - I think ST has perhaps influenced me here with the satisfying warp shot. There's just nothing for that top flipper to go for - just really the drop targets, and that's not a great deal of fun. Would have loved some sort of shot coming off that top flipper.
OK well, that's my initial feedback. You can see of course there are a lot more cons right now, but it's not about quantity of either. At the end of the day it's going to come down to game-play, and as of right now the code is wayyyy too early to see if the code can overcome some of the cons. I think it's going to be harder to code this game than WOZ because WOZ just has a lot of toys to work with (not in terms of actual programming difficulty, but rather Hobbit is going to need to rely on code a lot more than WOZ because there's not as much to work with).

Agree in general with much of what you said, but I literally just set it up yesterday and was exhausted from setting up/moving all my other games...

I'll of course mention more details later as I better understand the game...

but 2 negatives definitely stand out.. I have the same ball hang up issue... won't come off with nudging, but of course will spend tomorrow trying to bend/reset it to make it work better... having 2 side rails like the other habitrails would stop this entirely.

and yes I thought something was broken when all the targets start resetting.. I thought more like a driver drill when you need to stop pushing it in...Will check w/ JJP about this Monday once I have it recorded...

#61 7 years ago

Is it me or does it seem that new owners are not In love with their new pins? Most comments are on the downsides and not as much in the positives. As a pending SE owner I'm certainly hoping there are a lot of positive and exciting things about this pin. As I'm also awaiting a GBLE owner here is hoping for a fantastic doing/summer of new pins.

#62 7 years ago

HOBBIT LAUNCH PARTY - at Pinball Gallery, Malvern PA - FRI APRIL 1st - 5pm - 11pm

Pinball Gallery is run by Bill Disney and is located outside Philadelphia (very close to King of Prussia).
http://www.pinballgallery.net

Featuring :
-TWO Hobbits to play to your hearts content for 6 hours !
-The entire Pinball Gallery arcade to play - OVER 65 pinballs and arcade machines !
-Jersey Jack Guarnieri will be there !
-A Free Door Prize to every attendee - possible prizes are : Hobbit Translights, Hobbit Flyers, Limited Edition PinballSTAR Hobbit Posters, Hobbit Craft BEER (yes you head that right), Pinball Gallery and PinballSTAR Tshirts, and more - all signed by Jack !
-Pizza / Drinks for small fee (goes to charity)

Door fee for the night is $ 30 / adult and $ 20 / child under 18. ALL proceeds from the door fee and food sales will be split between two charities :

1. PinballSTAR's Children's Hospital Charity Fund where we donate Wizard of Oz Pinball Machines to children's hospitals (see below)

https://timesleader.com/archive/283425/news-local-news-1066736-therapy-in-play
http://www.pinballnews.com/

We have donated FOUR $ 8,500 NIB Wizard of Oz's to the children's hospitals below - events like this help fund the donations ! And we donate a portion of every game sale we make to the fund...

St Christopher's Children's Hospital in Philadelphia
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
UNC Children's Hospital in Chapel Hill on April 12, 2016 (machine we donated to Project Pinball)
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (May 2016)

2. Multiple Sclerosis

We will also be offering some discounts on games we sell for those in attendance and additionally we'll extend those offers to our Pinside and Facebook friends... We have WOZ in stock... We will have Hobbits in STOCK very soon and are selling both LE's and Smaug Golds ! We are still selling from our DAY 1 Hobbit allotment - you will get your game very soon !

PinballSTAR are distributors for :
Jersey Jack Pinball (Wizard of Oz / The Hobbit)
Planetary Pinball (Medieval Madness Remake)
Spooky Pinball (America's Most Haunted / Rob Zombie's Spookshow International)
Chicago Gaming (Arcade Legends (130 titles) and Ms Pac / Galaga video games)

PinballSTAR's Facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

Pinball Gallery
81 Lancaster Ave.
Great Valley Shopping Center, Store #20
Malvern, PA 19355
(484) 693-0693

Pinball Gallery Website - CHECK IT OUT ! Look at the VIDEO TOUR !!!
http://www.pinballgallery.net

The admission rates are usually $ 8 / hour or $ 20 / day so for $ 30 you donating all of the fee to charity, you get to play in the entire arcade, you get door prizes and use of TWO Hobbits !

We hope to see everyone who can make it !!! Our parties are always at fun locations with tons of giveaways and great food !!!

TO ATTEND : We do need an RSVP sent to [email protected] - please put 'HOBBIT PARTY' in heading and give us names of each person who will be attending. We need this to plan food and prizes please...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Is it me or does it seem that new owners are not In love with their new pins? Most comments are on the downsides and not as much in the positives. As a pending SE owner I'm certainly hoping there are a lot of positive and exciting things about this pin. As I'm also awaiting a GBLE owner here is hoping for a fantastic doing/summer of new pins.

I have to agree. No raving reviews from owners. And any mention or hope of code updates brings nothing but crickets.

#64 7 years ago

I think it's coming down to the code - I think you'll have quite a few disgruntled owners if the code updates don't come pretty soon, and hopefully a pretty significant one. Right now the entire game is just Smaug multiball, constantly hitting the pop-ups because they happen every 10 seconds, and going through the modes - and no benefit from doing either other than points since there is nothing coded yet to work towards. Even Smaug multiball I don't think has any ending yet.

#65 7 years ago

Yeah it but s a little worrisome. I've been toying of selling a bunch of my pins and just having hobbit, GBLE and maybe one or two others but of course I'm gonna wait for those 2 to show up first.

#66 7 years ago

Keith commented on the code on the JJP forums. There is nothing to worry about it almost completed. Wouldn't give a date but said it would not be years or months.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I think it's coming down to the code - I think you'll have quite a few disgruntled owners if the code updates don't come pretty soon, and hopefully a pretty significant one. Right now the entire game is just Smaug multiball, constantly hitting the pop-ups because they happen every 10 seconds, and going through the modes - and no benefit from doing either other than points since there is nothing coded yet to work towards. Even Smaug multiball I don't think has any ending yet.

i'm tempted to buy one but i herd its slow and code is lacking. I love that woz seem to be built good so i would think hobbit is too.

#68 7 years ago

Yeah it but s a little worrisome. I've been toying of selling a bunch of my pins and just having hobbit, GBLE and maybe one or two others but of course I'm gonna wait for those 2 to show up first.

That is what my two-pin lineup will be. I have TH Smaug edition now and a GB LE on order. One deep moody game and one fast colorful game. Should be a good balance.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Keith commented on the code on the JJP forums. There is nothing to worry about it almost completed. Wouldn't give a date but said it would not be years or months.

Nice. So where are these JJP forums?

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice. So where are these JJP forums?

They are by invitation only for owners of JJP pins. Contact Jen at JJP.

#71 7 years ago

The game is different. It's different in the same way that WOZ was different in the beginning where there was more concentration on scoring than in completing traditional modes. But once code developed, there was a clear strategy to completing modes as well as maximizing scoring opportunities. I can see TH developing in the same manner.
As most have seen, the game is beautiful. But what is not mentioned enough is that the sound is far superior to any ( stock) game I have played. Rich deep base and the varied music adds to the overall immersion of gameplay.
While the play field is wide open, there is more than enough to shoot at. The drop targets are integral to game scoring and while I don't understand it enough, I imagine there is a progression of hitting the drops to complete modes and advance further. The movement of the drops makes for quite a fun shooters experience. The pop ups block certain shots, messing with you hitting what you are supposed to. I would like the code to allow for a screen telling you how many you have hit at the end of the game and having a high score for popups.
The play filed is well lit and easily played in a dark room.
I have seen a few very interesting and fun modes where Keith has used the flashers and white lights to "brighten" up the pf during a particular mode. I can only imagine how much more the lights will help direct the flow of the game.
Game needs more callouts and a better indication of what needs to be done, but there is already a clear framework of what is needed to progress. Shoot left lane, start this mode, hit the left or right ramp to start this mode, hit the drop targets for more scoring, etc.
Having heard that there is more voice for Smaug, I can see Smaug playing an important role. The sound/voice that comes out of Smaug is excellent. His mouth moves perfectly with what he says. Couple that with the shaker at times and the deep base, is really good.
The LCD... I would imagine you could probably see the whole movie if you watched it long enough. There are so many clips that are played in crystal clear quality. Same as WOZ in that while you are learning the game, you had little time to actually look up. But as you learned the game, woz's lcd was easy to read and understand. TH's lcd has so much more going on. At first it was no way you can understand it, but now after really not much playing time, I already have a good feel for looking up and understanding what's being displayed.
Yeah, TH is different....but different in a good way. I think it's a really fun pin and it's only going to get much better. I have not scratched the surface of the subtleties and haven't done justice to all that is already there, but I do have a good feeling that this is one great pin. Different yes, but in a real good way.

#72 7 years ago

Well said Vyzer2! That echoes my experiences too. That blue Mystery target next to the Newton ball is a fun high risk, high reward shot.

#73 7 years ago

So I might be taking the plunge today or in the next few. I cannot seem to find enough info on the difference between standard/LE/SE editions. Is it completely cosmetic? Also from those who have it or have played alot, how are the rules/depth? I have only put a few games on it at shows, never enough to dive in. Thanks.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

So I might be taking the plunge today or in the next few. I cannot seem to find enough info on the difference between standard/LE/SE editions. Is it completely cosmetic? Also from those who have it or have played alot, how are the rules/depth? I have only put a few games on it at shows, never enough to dive in. Thanks.

No, not strictly cosmetic. Here is the matrix:

http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/ghostbusters/premium/Ghostbusters%20Features%20Matrix.pdf

You can probably limit your choices to Pro/Prem as the LEs "sold out" on the first day. I put that in quotes because there may be a few out there at inflated prices.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No, not strictly cosmetic. Here is the matrix:
http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/ghostbusters/premium/Ghostbusters%20Features%20Matrix.pdf
You can probably limit your choices to Pro/Prem as the LEs "sold out" on the first day. I put that in quotes because there may be a few out there at inflated prices.

This is a Hobbit thread, not a GB thread.

The differences are pretty much all cosmetic. Here is a link to the flyer with the differences:

https://images.pinside.com/2/0f/e1/20fe110fef4dd7204297ea22ce918804f42fcde8.jpg

#76 7 years ago

Lol - too many threads - in my defense, I blame his avatar.

#77 7 years ago

Hint. Hit the spinners a bunch to score.

Get to Erebor

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Lol - too many threads - in my defense, I blame his avatar.

Quoted from brucipher:

This is a Hobbit thread, not a GB thread.
The differences are pretty much all cosmetic. Here is a link to the flyer with the differences:
https://images.pinside.com/2/0f/e1/20fe110fef4dd7204297ea22ce918804f42fcde8.jpg

Haha no problem. Maybe my avatar threw him off. I've already got a GB premium ordered and hobbit SE was ordered today. So thanks for the matrix. I figured out differences. Any answers on code depth? Thanks again.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

i herd its slow

In the latest update did they add cows or goats?

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Haha no problem. Maybe my avatar threw him off. I've already got a GB premium ordered and hobbit SE was ordered today. So thanks for the matrix. I figured out differences. Any answers on code depth? Thanks again.

Code depth should not be a worry. The game has fairly deep code now, but will be very deep when finished. That, I believe, you can count on.

#81 7 years ago

Joined the club last Thursday Hobbitt LE #459 arrived in great shape to NE Ohio the bad news was the lift gate on the truck broke and we could not unload it for several hours. Its joined our lineup and up and running can't wait to get some new code it is already great and only going to get better and better.

309_(resized).JPG309_(resized).JPG

310_(resized).JPG310_(resized).JPG

307_(resized).JPG307_(resized).JPG

306_(resized).JPG306_(resized).JPG

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

Joined the club last Thursday Hobbitt LE #459 arrived in great shape to NE Ohio the bad news was the lift gate on the truck broke and we could not unload it for several hours. Its joined our lineup and up and running can't wait to get some new code it is already great and only going to get better and better.

309_(resized).JPG310_(resized).JPG307_(resized).JPG306_(resized).JPG

Awesome. Hopefully i will have my SE in about 2 weeks..

#83 7 years ago

I have an order date of 1/23/13 and expected shipping end of May.

#84 7 years ago

I have a 6/2014 order expecting ship mid to late June.

#85 7 years ago

Well, I have received mine and I love the game play out of the box, but I am disappointed with the fit and finish and the quality control. These cabinets have obviously been sitting around for a long time as the bottom of my cabinet had water stains. I also had bubbling under my decal from dust. They are not near the quality of the WOZ cabinet. They are closer to the quality of Stern Pro with the decals not going under the side rails and the wrap around front. In addition, I had a ball ending prematurely and then lose count of balls going forward. I ended up reseating the connectors for the trough boards and I believe this fixed the problem. I also have a couple of issues with 2 of the pop ups. On one, it stopped registering hits. It ended up being a screw that fastens the face to the pop up assembly had come out and was stopping the mechanism from registering hits. On the second pop up, it was no longer popping up. It ended up being the 2 screws that fasten the face assembly to the pop up coil assembly. They had come out and fallen on top of the computer. Now I have to remove those 2 pop up assembies to fix both these issues. Hopefully, the manual details how to remove them.

#86 7 years ago

I am anxiously awaiting LE #1498 with an order date of 12/13/2012. I was told by Jen that she will ship mid-May. Thanks to TXStargazer3 I have upgraded my order to include RAD-CALS.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Well, I have received mine and I love the game play out of the box, but I am disappointed with the fit and finish and the quality control. These cabinets have obviously been sitting around for a long time as the bottom of my cabinet had water stains. I also had bubbling under my decal from dust. They are not near the quality of the WOZ cabinet. They are closer to the quality of Stern Pro with the decals not going under the side rails and the wrap around front.

Can you post pics of this decal wrapping you are referring to? SE or LE?

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Well, I have received mine and I love the game play out of the box, but I am disappointed with the fit and finish and the quality control. These cabinets have obviously been sitting around for a long time as the bottom of my cabinet had water stains. I also had bubbling under my decal from dust. They are not near the quality of the WOZ cabinet. They are closer to the quality of Stern Pro with the decals not going under the side rails and the wrap around front. In addition, I had a ball ending prematurely and then lose count of balls going forward. I ended up reseating the connectors for the trough boards and I believe this fixed the problem. I also have a couple of issues with 2 of the pop ups. On one, it stopped registering hits. It ended up being a screw that fastens the face to the pop up assembly had come out and was stopping the mechanism from registering hits. On the second pop up, it was no longer popping up. It ended up being the 2 screws that fasten the face assembly to the pop up coil assembly. They had come out and fallen on top of the computer. Now I have to remove those 2 pop up assembies to fix both these issues. Hopefully, the manual details how to remove them.

OK, what a PITA that was taking off the pop ups. Actually, after getting to a hidden screw, it wasn't too bad. The PITA was putting it back on. To take off, you have to pull off hairpin clips that are holding the springs in place for the spring steel flap. After the flap is off, it is just a matter of removing the 5 screws on the underside of the playfield and dropping the mechanism from below. Pulling them off is easy enough if you use a magnet attached to the spring before pulling the hairpin clip, otherwise the spring will go flying once you pull the clip. Putting it back on is a different story. I would not have been able to do this without the assistance of my wife. My fingers are to big to get enough of them in there to hold the spring and set the hairpin clip.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

OK, what a PITA that was taking off the pop ups. Actually, after getting to a hidden screw, it wasn't too bad. The PITA was putting it back on. To take off, you have to pull off hairpin clips that are holding the springs in place for the spring steel flap. After the flap is off, it is just a matter of removing the 5 screws on the underside of the playfield and dropping the mechanism from below. Pulling them off is easy enough if you use a magnet attached to the spring before pulling the hairpin clip, otherwise the spring will go flying once you pull the clip. Putting it back on is a different story. I would not have been able to do this without the assistance of my wife. My fingers are to big to get enough of them in there to hold the spring and set the hairpin clip.

PITA, yes. Thanks for the updates!

1 week later
#90 7 years ago

Look at what I will have Friday night to play. My hobbit will be landing tomorrow.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Look at what I will have Friday night to play. My hobbit will be landing tomorrow.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice
Does Jack sign all Hobbits? Or only on special request?

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

Nice

all of the ones i have unboxed so far (3 of them) have been signed on the backbox. i am not sure who's signature the one above that is though (possibly Jen?)

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

Nice

Quoted from KingPinGames:

all of the ones i have unboxed so far (3 of them) have been signed on the backbox. i am not sure who's signature the one about that is (possibly Jen?)

Not sure if they are all signed but I asked Jen to sign as well.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure if they are all signed but I asked Jen to sign as well.

I think I would want Keith's signature.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I think I would want Keith's signature.

I could not get it. I guess to busy.

#96 7 years ago

I just got the call today - should be here Saturday - fun time ahead - I think I may have been the oldest order on record with JJP. Anyway, needless to say pretty darn excited.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from John-from-PA:

I just got the call today - should be here Saturday - fun time ahead - I think I may have been the oldest order on record with JJP. Anyway, needless to say pretty darn excited.

R&L delivers on Saturday?

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Sweet. Bring it by my house on your way home and I'll help you unbox it.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sweet. Bring it by my house on your way home and I'll help you unbox it.

I sure will. Wait, why am I up? Don't I have to leave in 1 hour. Too excited.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

R&L delivers on Saturday?

Yes, they didn't tell you No since I'm closer to the factory their was a white glove option that was too reasonable to pass up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 259.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.