20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 259.
#1701 7 years ago

Found these after 1 day of use on bottom of pin . Easily found where the plastic screws went. The other one was on the sub magnet. Anyone know where it goes?

20160824_175018 (resized).jpg20160824_175018 (resized).jpg

#1702 7 years ago

The nylon scrrws are what the drop targets fall down on. Maybe they fell out or else hold onto them.

#1703 7 years ago

Actually I'm not sure about my last comment. Look underneath cabinet and check the up post on the left. I know one is on that one.

#1704 7 years ago

Not concerned about the plastic screws. As you mentioned they go on drop target banks. The other one.....

#1705 7 years ago

I am noticing that 2 of my beast mechs aren't registering backstabs. Are the leaf switches the ones I should adjust? I haven't had time to mess with it yet.

#1706 7 years ago

For those of you still waiting and wondering when you will get your machine, below is a timeline of my machine!
1/7/2013 - Order placed
7/12/2016 - Contacted by JJP advising my machine is going into production soon and asked if I want to add pf protector or RadCals
7/18/2016 - JJP confirms my order and add on's (note: I didnt respond to JJP email from the 12th till the 15th (Friday) thus the reason there was 6 days for JJP to confirm my order/add on's)
8/18/2016 - JJP confirms game is completed and ready to ship
8/23/2016 - Machine received

#1707 7 years ago

Thanks meSz ... gives us a time frame of a month after we get contacted and confirm our order before shipping.

#1708 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Found these after 1 day of use on bottom of pin . Easily found where the plastic screws went. The other one was on the sub magnet. Anyone know where it goes?

I too had a hex head machine screw fall out after a day or two's use, however in my case it was much shorter (3/8") compared to yours. I'm still trying to figure out where it came from. However, while investigating it's source I found several of the many machine screws that hold the beast mechs together were loose. In my view all of these machine screws should have had thread lock applied to them in the factory. I'll be applying it myself, over time, as and when I find screws coming loose. Very remiss of JJP to not use thread lock where it is clearly needed.

#1710 7 years ago

I wonder if JJP makes those Beast assemblies or if they are subbed out? I noticed 5 screws in the bottom of my cabinet over the first few days as well as some clipped wire ties. I couldn't find where they may have fallen out of, and am hoping that they were accidently dropped and lost in the mass of wires during assembly. The only open screw hole I could find was under the Smaug assembly so I put one of the screws in there. I've been monitoring the screws and all seem tight so far. The pin had a date of manufacture of 7/28/16 so it was quite new when I got it a couple of weeks ago.

#1711 7 years ago

What is the best price and who is the best distributor/dealer out there for buying a Hobbit LE or SMAUG.
I am in the Pacific Northwest.

#1712 7 years ago

Gary at Abel electronics would be my pic for JJp distributor ...crazy good service after sale

#1713 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Check the hardware that holds Smaug assembly into place. All 3 of mine fell out after a few days.

#1714 7 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

What is the best price and who is the best distributor/dealer out there for buying a Hobbit LE or SMAUG.
I am in the Pacific Northwest.

Automated Services!!!

#1715 7 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I am noticing that 2 of my beast mechs aren't registering backstabs. Are the leaf switches the ones I should adjust?

Behind the character face - yes.

LTG : )

#1716 7 years ago

Anyone besides me love to play The Hobbit so much your head could explode???? OMG I NEED TO PLAY NOWWWWWW

#1717 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Automated Services!!!

+1 for Automated. They were awesome to work with when purchasing my Hobbit LE

#1718 7 years ago

I ordered mine from Automated and had it within a week. It had been assembled a week before it was shipped and I got a great price too.

#1719 7 years ago

Automated. I bought woz and hobbit from them. Not a problem at all.

#1720 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone besides me love to play The Hobbit so much your head could explode???? OMG I NEED TO PLAY NOWWWWWW

I am addicted right now too.

#1721 7 years ago

Another screw found on top of pc chassis.
I thought it might comes from the beast mech but it seems that all 4 x beach mechanical have 1 screw missing and doesn't look like the wood has ever been threaded. Is this normal?

Also missing is 1 x screw hole for 2 x VUKs. Is this normal?

And 1 x beast mech flasher screw was also never put in. Not a biggy on this one.

So.... No idea where it goes

20160825_145059 (resized).jpg20160825_145059 (resized).jpg
20160825_144811 (resized).jpg20160825_144811 (resized).jpg
20160825_144755 (resized).jpg20160825_144755 (resized).jpg
20160825_144742 (resized).jpg20160825_144742 (resized).jpg

#1722 7 years ago

Received my Hobbit on Friday (order date of 12/5/12) and was playing away yesterday when I noticed the Warg flasher was no longer working. Lifted up the playfield and found this. The edge of the metal bracket moving up and down pinched/cut both wires on the led board connector. Easy fix with a little solder and shrink tubing, but one thing to take a look at.

IMG_0980 (resized).JPGIMG_0980 (resized).JPG

#1723 7 years ago

I had some pinched wires between the right side of my playfield and the cabinet, I noticed it the first time I lifted the playfield and was inspecting it for any issues, so I was able to adjust before any damage was done.

#1724 7 years ago

I have a few days on the machine and first thing we notice is the Windlance Up Post is not working. Put the machine into test and it doesn't register when trying to engage it manually???
UPDATE - Found that the set screw came loose. If the set screw comes loose or falls out there is not enough of the steel shaft inside the coil in order for the coil to activate the plunger since the plunger is more nylon then steel! If your Windlance Up Post stops working all of a sudden check to see if the set screw is loose or has fallen out!!!

Also, after few days I found my first screw lying in the back right corner of the cabinet. The screw is small (approx 2cm). Any idea where it came from? IMG_6473[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6473[1] (resized).JPG

Lastly (for now) I found that the Goblin was not registering unless taking a direct hit in front. Per previous post Lloyd mentioned about checking the switches. When looking to do so I found that the top screw in the back of the head (see blurry pic below) wasn't tight at all so it wouldn't allow for the switch to close!

Any assistance on the first two topics is appreciated!!!

IMG_6472[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6472[1] (resized).JPG

#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Another screw found on top of pc chassis.
I thought it might comes from the beast mech but it seems that all 4 x beach mechanical have 1 screw missing and doesn't look like the wood has ever been threaded. Is this normal?
Also missing is 1 x screw hole for 2 x VUKs. Is this normal?
And 1 x beast mech flasher screw was also never put in. Not a biggy on this one.
So.... No idea where it goes

I noticed a similar thing when I was looking at my beast mechs, all of them had at least one screw missing and no sign of the wood ever having been threaded. I'm waiting on my Hobbit Update kit (due any day now) before I go under the playfield again. When I do I'll check out the locations you highlighted and will report back here what I find.

#1726 7 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

I noticed a similar thing when I was looking at my beast mechs, all of them had at least one screw missing and no sign of the wood ever having been threaded. I'm waiting on my Hobbit Update kit (due any day now) before I go under the playfield again. When I do I'll check out the locations you highlighted and will report back here what I find.

My beast mechs are all missing a screw too.

I have a suspicion that they decided only 3 were needed as the ones not threaded in would make servicing them very difficult if they were all screwed in. The ones that were chosen to not be screwed in were the ones that would be extremely hard to remove and put back in. I found this out when installing the beast / stuck ball fixes.

#1727 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My beast mechs are all missing a screw too.

I am missing a screw for each of the Beast mechs and all of them are the one that the micro switch is just above. It appears as if they assembled the mechs and upon installing them to the playfield they realized the micro switch was in the way so they just skipped them!

#1728 7 years ago

Anyone else besides me gonna play so much THE HOBBIT this weekend that your head is going to explode?????

#1729 7 years ago

The kids' new box just arrived!

How am I supposed to get shit done now??

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1730 7 years ago

I can't wait to get some serious playtime in on my Smaug this weekend!

I wonder how long it will be until the next code update!

#1731 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have a suspicion that they decided only 3 were needed

6 holes 5 screws.

#1732 7 years ago

Going back and forth between hobbit and GBLE. So great and so much fun.

#1733 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

6 holes 5 screws.

#1734 7 years ago

Don't go there! Lloyd's too classy to indulge in such tawdry double entendres

#1735 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Also, after few days I found my first screw lying in the back right corner of the cabinet. The screw is small (approx 2cm). Any idea where it came from?

Did you figure out where the screw dropped out of? I too found a small screw this afternoon - lying on top of the service outlet panel. Only mech above it is the trough, and I'm not seeing anything missing (and I don't really want to tear it off).

IMG_0987 (resized).JPGIMG_0987 (resized).JPG

#1736 7 years ago

Seeing that some screws have mysterious locations, It might be good to have a cross reference of all the hardware, screw sizes etc. and what it is used for.
This way I might be able to look up within a couple minutes where the screw might have come from.
Im sure this can be done as we have the assembly diagram and all the hardware in the manual.

Or basically a reverse directory of hardware and its use.

#1737 7 years ago

Got my hobbit two days ago and I was wondering if anyone had a good non usb non sneaker net method of getting the game event logging events out of the machine.

Ideally in a perfect world it would be something like a syslog destination it could send to.

#1738 7 years ago

I officially joined the club!
LE #251
Only put two games on it before I had to leave for the weekend but wow what a well built machine!
Second game I hit 1.2m. Have no idea how or what happened but it was fun as hell.
Looking forward to learning so much more about the rules/modes.

#1739 7 years ago

Had to leave for weekend too man it hurts!

Got a couple games in before Orc (upper left) got stuck open. Didnt get a chance to look into it before I had to leave.

Two other issues I noticed:

My "book" isn't working. It's mostly a white screen but sometimes the visuals will flicker on then fade out to white. Anyone had this?

All my inserts look "shattered" kinda I think referred to as crazing? Are they all this way?

I know I saw some pics of someone else's machine and It looked like they had the same thing...

Can't wait to get back to the machine!

#1740 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Had to leave for weekend too man it hurts!
Got a couple games in before Orc (upper left) got stuck open. Didnt get a chance to look into it before I had to leave.
Two other issues I noticed:
My "book" isn't working. It's mostly a white screen but sometimes the visuals will flicker on then fade out to white. Anyone had this?
All my inserts look "shattered" kinda I think referred to as crazing? Are they all this way?
I know I saw some pics of someone else's machine and It looked like they had the same thing...
Can't wait to get back to the machine!

My inserts are similar. Not noticeable when playing.

#1741 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Agreed thanks for chiming in I feel better.

What is it about knowing that one is not alone in something that makes it better??

It does look ugly when admiring it in the daylight though.

Anyone experience white screen on their book?

#1742 7 years ago

Just bought mine yesterday, it shipped today, can't wait to get it..........

#1743 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

same here.

A couple of questions.

1. How do I get the backglass off?
I've unlocked it using the key inside the door and tried to lift it like a normal pinball backglass but it doesn't even slightly move so I don't want to force it if that is not what it should do.

The manual doesn't mention it at all apart from the parts list in which it DOES mention a lift channel so I expect that it is like a normal pin, in that once it's lifted up it frees it from a lower lip and then you can pull it forward and out.

edit: figured it out. It's a normal backglass except that mine was glued in. I pressed it around the bottom edge and it flexed. I took a guess that it should be normal as i swear i'd see a jjp video if it being removed the same way. I put a heap of upward pressure and it very slowly started to move and then get faster as the glue started to split away. The glass itself had 4 glued in pieces of foam so there was no rattle in it at all.

Now I can't figure if the lcd screen bezel was showing through as much as it was before.

I've measured the lift channel in the head and it matches how far down I can reinstert the backglass.

2. When/what causes the ramp divider drop?

I've only seen it occur once and that was on a distributors machine but not on mine. I'm guessing its a specific mode that I havn't seen yet.

#1744 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

For those of you still waiting and wondering when you will get your machine, below is a timeline of my machine!
1/7/2013 - Order placed
7/12/2016 - Contacted by JJP advising my machine is going into production soon and asked if I want to add pf protector or RadCals
7/18/2016 - JJP confirms my order and add on's (note: I didnt respond to JJP email from the 12th till the 15th (Friday) thus the reason there was 6 days for JJP to confirm my order/add on's)

Quoted from meSz:

1/7/2013 - Order placed

Quoted from meSz:

1/7/2013 - Order placed

1/23/13 order placed
7/14/16 contacted by JJP machine is going into production
7/20/16 order confirmed
No news since then but I'd think it has to be really close. I had some email trouble with messages bouncing due to being over limit so I forwarded an alternate email to Jen and didn't hear back. Are they calling or emailing when games are ready?

I'm really excited to see the build quality (have a WOZ), sound and light show. I have a bunch of Sterns and just can't stand the constant cost cutting. I've been on the fence since Hobbitt has taken such a back and forth beating over the years but it seems like people are really enjoying their games. Glad to hear from actual owners that are happy with it.

#1745 7 years ago

Cliffy is now selling the hobbit protector set, I just ordered mine.

#1746 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Thx for info ordering mine now!

#1747 7 years ago

Yes, back glass is VERY tight. I actually put in a service question to JJP but figured it out with patience and gentle pressure.

#1748 7 years ago

My ordering timeline...

1/24/14 order placed
7/8/16 email from Jen confirming order and request for any add-ons...I responded immediately
8/17/16 I asked for update. Katie responded guesstimate for shipping mid-September

Eric

#1749 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Yes, back glass is VERY tight. I actually put in a service question to JJP but figured it out with patience and gentle pressure.

Did you get it back in and realigned the same way the factory had it?

I can't seem to get enough downward pressure to get it to align with the lcd properly. It leaves 2-3mm of silver bezel visible.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/7d844d073e3addd30fb896c8e14f666c.jpg

#1750 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

How do I order? And will they work with a PF protector on?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 259.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.