20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 259.
#401 7 years ago

Haven't people said that resets happened during a multiball when the ball went into the pops (with the code 1.10)?
Anyway, I have 1.10 and many games with no resets. So far ......

#402 7 years ago

Oh, I wanted to mention this very cool mod for the game from user "Dkammer" on the JJP Google Group. The lighting behind the The Hobbit's backglass is bright white and tends to wash out the display. For about $10 shipped you can give the backglass a warm lighting effect and not permanently alter the game. All you need is one of the gel sheet filters below, cut two strips of it, stack them on top of each other and apply over the LED strip behind the back glass. I just ordered a sheet earlier this week for my game.

http://www.adorama.com/LE206S.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwpLa5BRCTwcXS6_rpvC4SJACTDQMMKVXFtR3RHsqhlX1cbsP4vKfR8pqkoNFl2X0dfr7EXBoC7gXw_wcB

http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Filters-24x21-Filter-Sheet/dp/B00FXHVP6S

Thanks again to DKammer (I don't think I've seen him post on here) for this awesome mod.

Hobbit_before_(resized).jpgHobbit_before_(resized).jpg
Complete_(resized).jpgComplete_(resized).jpg
Hobbit_After_(resized).jpgHobbit_After_(resized).jpg

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, I wanted to mention this very cool mod for the game from user "Dkammer" on the JJP Google Group. The lighting behind the The Hobbit's backglass is bright white and tends to wash out the display. For about $10 shipped you can give the backglass a warm lighting effect and not permanently alter the game. All you need is one of the gel sheet filters below, cut two strips of it, stack them on top of each other and apply over the LED strip behind the back glass. I just ordered a sheet earlier this week for my game.

Awesome mod - JJP should switch the LED strip to a lower color temp.

You should be able to use a single strip of 1/2 CTO instead of stacking 2 strips of 1/4 CTOs....at least that's my theory that I'm going to try.

#404 7 years ago

*dup*

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

http://www.adorama.com/LE206S.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwpLa5BRCTwcXS6_rpvC4SJACTDQMMKVXFtR3RHsqhlX1cbsP4vKfR8pqkoNFl2X0dfr7EXBoC7gXw_wcB
amazon.com link »
Thanks again to DKammer (I don't think I've seen him post on here) for this awesome mod.

Thanks for this! Just ordered because I also thought the backglass looked like shit and washed out. They put hyper white LEDs in the backbox, they should have went 2700K or even 3000K warm LED vs 6000K that they used.

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting, thanks- the fuses are in the computer/server case correct?

Not the fuses in the computer case. It was the main power fuse in the metal box on the right side in front of the cabinet.

#407 7 years ago

So I've been having some odd air balls when shooting the left ramp...so much that the ball would bounce entirely OVER the ramp at times. I thought it was the ramp flap, so I spent some time adjusting that. Still happened. Thought it was catching the "O" lock button somehow and launching so I adjusted that so it sits lower and requires less pressure to depress. Still had air balls. So I looked closely at the entire ball path and noticed something odd...the flipper rubbers seemed to be sitting low on the flipper. I took a close look and they were seated fine, but they still didn't look right. I grabbed some new flipper rubber and compared. The stock flipper rubber is about an 1/8" SHORTER than a normal one. I have the pf protector installed as well, so couple that little bit of extra height with the 1/8" shorter flipper rubber you get air balls. I ripped that crap off all 3 flippers and replaced with regular ones. The whole game feels better now and no more air balls!!

I recommend every single Hobbit owner to do the same...replace the flipper rubbers!

#408 7 years ago

Oh, and since swapping the memory card positions last week I still have yet to see another reset.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So I've been having some odd air balls when shooting the left ramp...so much that the ball would bounce entirely OVER the ramp at times. I thought it was the ramp flap, so I spent some time adjusting that. Still happened. Thought it was catching the "O" lock button somehow and launching so I adjusted that so it sits lower and requires less pressure to depress. Still had air balls. So I looked closely at the entire ball path and noticed something odd...the flipper rubbers seemed to be sitting low on the flipper. I took a close look and they were seated fine, but they still didn't look right. I grabbed some new flipper rubber and compared. The stock flipper rubber is about an 1/8" SHORTER than a normal one. I have the pf protector installed as well, so couple that little bit of extra height with the 1/8" shorter flipper rubber you get air balls. I ripped that crap off all 3 flippers and replaced with regular ones. The whole game feels better now and no more air balls!!
I recommend every single Hobbit owner to do the same...replace the flipper rubbers!

Awesome feedback!

Can we convince you to generate a Titan oring/rubber list?!

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I noticed that too so I replaced the rubber on mine. Right now I'm running PBL Super-Bands.

IMG_5153_(resized).JPGIMG_5153_(resized).JPG

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

One problem - which i'll find out the extent of it though, is I had a reset on it while my wife was having a kick ass game. The code out of the box is 1.01 and I didn't have a chance to update it, but I don't remember reading about anyone have reset issues with that code version. The game wasn't running long enough to get hot, and my area was nice and chilly so that shouldn't be the problem. I guess i'll have to reach out to JJP and join the queue of people with reset issues unfortunately. Besides that, everything else is fine. Just not cool knowing I could be having a bad ass game and it can reset spontaneously.

Looks like a RAM timing problem, could be from the chaotic nature of all the solenoids upsetting the wall power. I dunno!
Ive seen similar behavior on highly overclocked computers without line conditioners or UPS to help reduce DC ripple due to unregulated AC wall power.

If the RAM is in dimm slots 1 and 3, try putting them in dimm slot 2 and 4. this might get you a couple pico-seconds to stabilize some issues in data flow. Or its just weak springs in the sockets...(the bane of Sony for years)?

If the problem persists, try a more agressive faster responding (overclocker/gaming) RAM like crucial vengeance or ballistix RAM. These tend to be a little thicker modules also.

This may well be a coding problem, but I think its a combination of coding/environment/vibration.
Since not all games exhibit this behavior.

DDR3 1600 CL-9 is the RAM speed of the computer.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I noticed that too so I replaced the rubber on mine. Right now I'm running PBL Super-Bands

I like your flipper bats. They look great. Please let us know which ones they are and where they can be found.

#413 7 years ago

So, Super Bands™ or Perfect Play™ bands for The Hobbit™?

I'm thinking of Super Bands™...

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Looks like a RAM timing problem, could be from the chaotic nature of all the solenoids upsetting the wall power. I dunno!
Ive seen similar behavior on highly overclocked computers without line conditioners or UPS to help reduce DC ripple due to unregulated AC wall power.
If the RAM is in dimm slots 1 and 3, try putting them in dimm slot 2 and 4. this might get you a couple pico-seconds to stabilize some issues in data flow. Or its just weak springs in the sockets...(the bane of Sony for years)?
If the problem persists, try a more agressive faster responding (overclocker/gaming) RAM like crucial vengeance or ballistix RAM. These tend to be a little thicker modules also.
This may well be a coding problem, but I think its a combination of coding/environment/vibration.
Since not all games exhibit this behavior.
DDR3 1600 CL-9 is the RAM speed of the computer.

Ok what I did was update the machine to 1.10, swapped memory sticks around (only two DIMM slots, and uses Kingston memory), re-seated all the fuses in the main computer box, and re-seated the fuse in the power supply at the front of the machine.

So far I've played about 5 games or so and no resets! I love this game!

I've also had crazy airballs- even ones that hit the DWARF drop targets and flew over so far to the drain! Crazy. I have superbands on order.. I also waxed the playfield and set pitch to 7* and the game is fast and plays amazing.

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I noticed that too so I replaced the rubber on mine. Right now I'm running PBL Super-Bands.

Are those the longer style flippers?? Not sure you need those if so.

Quoted from dtowndobe:

Awesome feedback!
Can we convince you to generate a Titan oring/rubber list?!

Not planning on changing any of the other rubber yet. The white is fine.

#416 7 years ago

I've had 3 rubber rings break between 2_games. The 2" ring above the pop bumpers broke on both. Id replace it with titan. Fwiw

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I like your flipper bats. They look great. Please let us know which ones they are and where they can be found.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FB-515-5133-06-06T

Quoted from Pimp77:

Are those the longer style flippers?? Not sure you need those if so.

Not planning on changing any of the other rubber yet. The white is fine.

They are standard length flipper bats. I bought a set of a few different colors when BAA released them years ago. I have red transparent on my Spiderman.

#418 7 years ago

Got the call today that my Hobbit SE has shipped! Ordered on December 3rd, 2012 or 3 years, 5 months, 23 days ago. I am hoping to have it for the Memorial Day weekend.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Got the call today that my Hobbit SE has shipped! Ordered on December 3rd, 2012 or 3 years, 5 months, 23 days ago. I am hoping to have it for the Memorial Day weekend.

Congrats! You are really going to enjoy the game.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Here's a better pic- the motherboard in TH is a dual channel memory board- so when using memory modules, make sure to install them in separate channels so they can operate in Dual Channel mode
Example, with two sticks- make sure they are both installed in the same channel - the slots should be color coordinated like shown in this pic. Do not put one stick in a channel 1 slot, and another in channel 2. Both should be in the same channel to operate as a pair.

Actually, it differs from mainboard to mainboard. The color coding is not standardized. Sometimes different colors indicate different channels, sometimes different colors indicate the same channel. It sucks but that's how it is.

You definitely want your DIMMs in different channels to take advantage of the dual channel architecture. (In your post you first say to put them in different channels, then you say to put them into the same channel?!)

I don't know if the POST screen is visible when TH is booting, but it usually tells you whether your RAM is running in dual channel mode. Might be hard to read without a pause key though.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Is that about 1 week after it was announced?

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is that about 1 week after it was announced?

Yes - about that. Nice to hear they finally fulfilled all the day one orders - I'm sure that was a large number of games.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from WakiMiko:

Actually, it differs from mainboard to mainboard. The color coding is not standardized. Sometimes different colors indicate different channels, sometimes different colors indicate the same channel. It sucks but that's how it is.
You definitely want your DIMMs in different channels to take advantage of the dual channel architecture. (In your post you first say to put them in different channels, then you say to put them into the same channel?!)
I don't know if the POST screen is visible when TH is booting, but it usually tells you whether your RAM is running in dual channel mode. Might be hard to read without a pause key though.

Now that I have my TH LE, I realized the mainboard only has two DIMM slots, but you must use 2x DIMMs to get full DDR performance. It's not a 4 slot config so my picture I posted isn't really relevant w/ this motherboard.

#424 7 years ago

Played a lot of games on the machine today, and thankfully no resets! Reseating memory, fuses, etc must have solved the problem.. using 1.10 as well.

I added the Tilt Graphics pin blades, and also installed a little post thing by the left ramp as a ball got stuck there once (none at the beasts/trolls FYI):

2016-05-25_16.16.07_(resized).jpg2016-05-25_16.16.07_(resized).jpg

Also, for anyone with a lockbar that has play in it and moves around- which I can't stand- heres a simple thing you can do to make it nice and solid- I put some rubber bumpers on the cabinet- one on both corners:

2016-05-25_14.44.41_(resized).jpg2016-05-25_14.44.41_(resized).jpg

#425 7 years ago

So, I went to HQ Beercade in Chicago tonight, specifically to play The Hobbit. Here are my thoughts and experience. First off the game is very beautiful. Nice graphics, nice trim, pretty play field, nice LCD screen. So thats nice. I put 5 bucks in, it's $1 per game. First game went well, i fact I got a replay! fun. I started to realize just like WoZ the giant screen in a big distraction. I don't have enough time to absorb what it's trying to tell me cause I am focused on the game. Then a ball gets stuck, ugh, off the left ramp where it should drop into the exit lane "arrows". Annoying. The operator comes and unsticks the ball and give me 3 credits. Nice. I start to realize the dragon is really weird. It's a head on a round spinny thing.....its weird. The ball is all over the place, too many roll overs and troll popups, the ball is a mess. Then wham! stuck ball in the same place again.....!@#$%^&$ how did this not get found during the prototype. Same story, operator comes and opens the machine and give me 3 more credits. turning into a free night of pinball. Then wham, stuck ball again, this time on top of the right spinner....Ugh. Unstuck again....then wham, wham, wham, over and over again, stuck on the left ramp before it should fall into arrows. Bleh, I'm over this one....Went and played Medieval Madness, Tron, Kiss, Metallica, Twilight Zone, Addams Family.....those were fun. Not sure i'll bother with The Hobbit again. Sorry to all of you who got one, ordered one or want one.....Not sure it's gonna be a good one at all. It was yawn when the ball wasn't stuck, and annoying when the ball continuously got stuck. I hope Stern does not do a giant LCD screen, too much going on.

Hobbit_1_(resized).jpgHobbit_1_(resized).jpg
Hobbit_2_(resized).jpgHobbit_2_(resized).jpg
Hobbit_3_(resized).jpgHobbit_3_(resized).jpg

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So, I went to HQ Beercade in Chicago tonight, specifically to play The Hobbit. Here are my thoughts and experience. First off the game is very beautiful. Nice graphics, nice trim, pretty play field, nice LCD screen. So thats nice. I put 5 bucks in, it's $1 per game. First game went well, i fact I got a replay! fun. I started to realize just like WoZ the giant screen in a big distraction. I don't have enough time to absorb what it's trying to tell me cause I am focused on the game. Then a ball gets stuck, ugh, off the left ramp where it should drop into the exit lane "arrows". Annoying. The operator comes and unsticks the ball and give me 3 credits. Nice. I start to realize the dragon is really weird. It's a head on a round spinny thing.....its weird. The ball is all over the place, too many roll overs and troll popups, the ball is a mess. Then wham! stuck ball in the same place again.....!@#$%^&$ how did this not get found during the prototype. Same story, operator comes and opens the machine and give me 3 more credits. turning into a free night of pinball. Then wham, stuck ball again, this time on top of the right spinner....Ugh. Unstuck again....then wham, wham, wham, over and over again, stuck on the left ramp before it should fall into arrows. Bleh, I'm over this one....Went and played Medieval Madness, Tron, Kiss, Metallica, Twilight Zone, Addams Family.....those were fun. Not sure i'll bother with The Hobbit again. Sorry to all of you who got one, ordered one or want one.....Not sure it's gonna be a good one at all. It was yawn when the ball wasn't stuck, and annoying when the ball continuously got stuck. I hope Stern does not do a giant LCD screen, too much going on.

Sorry your experience sucked. Mine is @&$@&$ing awesome!

#427 7 years ago

You should have gone to MT Prospect
While the gAme could have been set up better zero stuck balls

Lots of fun, great wheat beer on tap.I was there last night

I played over a dozen games

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Sorry your experience sucked. Mine is @&$@&$ing awesome!

Same here. Again, someone playing it in the wild. Not set up right, pitch, etc..... WackyBrakke if u were closer to me, I would show u how a good Hobbit plays. Sorry you don't like it.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Sorry about your bad luck.

Since yesterday, between my wife, me, kids, and a buddy of mine- we've racked up over 100 games. All flawless, except a reset issue on the 7th game that is now resolved, and one time stuck ball where you mentioned that a little post I installed fixed. No other issues, just having a blast playing this pin. The operator should just take the 5 mins I spent adjusting mine out of the box and he wouldn't have to deal with refunds and pulling off glass for a player. Not sure what's up.

EDIT: I just realized you are that guy in the Ghostbuster's thread who claimed to have went to Stern HQ, spied with binoculars, and said you saw GB LE's being shipped a little while ago. I'll take your comment with a grain of salt here.

#430 7 years ago

I had the same with WOZ at Boxcar in Raleigh.
Played it a month ago and could not care less. Came back last weekend and immediately fell in love with it. 5 awesome games later, 3 stuck balls, it drained 2 balls on each lollipop drop as the ball bounced over after eject and drained - I walked away heartbroken. What a great game, such avoidable problems. These problems could be fixed by either JJP or the operator within minutes by lowering the rails/installing a bumper and installing a simple guard where I had 3 stuck balls. I say that as I do not know whether these were typical for WOZ or location specific.
But anyways, did not care for JJP before, walked away both a fan and disappointed. Cannot wait for their next game as I will probably consider buying.

#431 7 years ago

Has anyone changed their flipper button colors?
What color looks best?

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for this! Just ordered because I also thought the backglass looked like shit and washed out. They put hyper white LEDs in the backbox, they should have went 2700K or even 3000K warm LED vs 6000K that they used.

It's the first thing I changed after unboxing. Temp of that factory LED strip is super cool, like 6500-7000K. Even with my 3000K strip, it's still a little washed out, so I'm going to install a potentiometer for perfect lighting adjustments.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Has anyone changed their flipper button colors?
What color looks best?

I went with gold/yellow LED illuminated buttons from Pinball Life as the color fits well with the Smaug artwork.

#434 7 years ago

I just installed red Titan silicone rubbers on the posts and I'm now able to back hand both holes. I couldn't do that on my game with the stock rubbers.

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I just installed red Titan silicone rubbers on the posts and I'm now able to back hand both holes. I couldn't do that on my game with the stock rubbers.

#436 7 years ago

Anybody else getting huge airballs from the rollovers? If I hit a rollover dead on, it will jump from the rollover to the bottom of the ramp. It will lose momentum and not make it up the ramp. I tried for a little bit to adjust the switches. Maybe I need to mess with it a little more?

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

Anybody else getting huge airballs from the rollovers? If I hit a rollover dead on, it will jump from the rollover to the bottom of the ramp. It will lose momentum and not make it up the ramp. I tried for a little bit to adjust the switches. Maybe I need to mess with it a little more?

I haven't seen airballs off the rollovers on the couple on location Hobbits I've played. I would try to adjust the rollover switches to lower them slightly as they could be slightly higher then they should be. Also, if the flipper power has been cranked up you can always try lowering it down one level at a time and seeing if the airballs stop.

#438 7 years ago

Thanks. I'll try to adjust them again tonight. They are pretty hard to reach.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

Thanks. I'll try to adjust them again tonight. They are pretty hard to reach.

You're welcome. Since they are tough to reach it will be easier to see if just dialing the flipper power back one level at a time helps. If the game then feels like its play slow though I would think it's the rollovers being slightly higher then they need to be.

#440 7 years ago

That was the first thing I tried. The game isn't playing slow and the flipper coil strength doesn't seem too high.

#441 7 years ago

Anyone else's LED spotlights (there's 4 of them on the playfield I think) act funky at times? When in attract mode or just sitting there in a game without a mode, they are on all the time. When in modes or and also sometimes out of them, it seems all the spotlights randomly turn on or off or even flash at times. It's not a wiring issue or problem with them itself from what I can tell.. It's almost as if it's a bug in the code since they sometimes are supposed to turn on and off. Just wondering if it's a unique thing with my game, but it's kind of annoying.

By the way, finally had a ball get stuck in one of the trolls- ball search released it, no big deal- but ball search put it right in drain- Keith needs to program a small ball save in there with a ball search, but it was a total non issue.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So, I went to HQ Beercade in Chicago tonight, specifically to play The Hobbit. Here are my thoughts and experience.

You can't dismiss a game based on playing a faulty one. I can surly understand that you feel that way, though. And that it sucks the fun out of the experience.

But I would strongly advice you to wait until you play a working one before final judgement. Lots of new games are faulty, especially on location. Go to another place and you might find a Ghostbusters that has a lot of problems. It's not pinball if everything is working

#443 7 years ago

My order date is 1/21/13 and Jen said end of May when I asked a few months back. I wonder how far I'm pushed back now. Oh well, as others have commented maybe they'll have the bugs worked out. I was one of the first to receive my WOZ. No light board problems but I always notice in the for sale ads prospective buyers inquiring about the issue.

#444 7 years ago

When I asked in March, Jen told me late April or early May. I just checked with my distributor and the new date for me is July

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

Change the flipper rubbers! It's not the rollovers.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Change the flipper rubbers! It's not the rollovers.

Really? What kind are you using?

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

Really? What kind are you using?

The normal height kind. The stock ones are 1/8" shorter and tend to cause air balls.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The normal height kind. The stock ones are 1/8" shorter and tend to cause air balls.

Didn't know that. I'll give it a shot as well. Thanks

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

Didn't know that. I'll give it a shot as well. Thanks

Most likely your issue. I had a similar problem and that fixed it. Made the whole game play better.

#450 7 years ago

Slingshots minus the weapons in case anyone was wondering what it looked like. Pretty Cool that JJP included standard plastics in the goodie bag.

And a pic of the Smaug light dome in red.image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 259.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.