20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 259.
#1051 7 years ago

I don't have $2k for something I'll use a couple of times in total. I wonder if it's possible to hire one, but I'm talking to the distributor about getting an installation service - or at least a "main cabinet as far as the lounge and up on legs" service - I have to take the head off for it to come in but those are easy. Actually an escalera won't work on our front doorstep anyway, there's a UPVC lip 2 inches high that you can't put weight on, it'd just snap.

What I could really do with is borrowing a couple of hydraulic lift trolleys. Get it on one of them, wheel it up to the door and slide it from one to the other through the doorway.

#1052 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I wonder if it's possible to hire one,

Depending where you are, you may be able to rent one.

LTG : )

#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Got my hobbit le yesterday. That's the good news. The bad news is I don't have any playfield lights. I worked with jjp support and they were awesome. It appears I have a bad board. They are sending me a replacement. For now I am just playing it with the spot lights on.

Did you check the cable connection under the playfield? I had the same thing happen when I received mine and it was just a loose connection. (Black cable was unplugged in the center of the underside of playfield.)

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Did you check the cable connection under the playfield? I had the same thing happen when I received mine and it was just a loose connection. (Black cable was unplugged in the center of the underside of playfield.)

Yeah I tried that. I even tried a spare USB cable. I also verified the 5 volt and the 7.5 volt at the connector on that board. Frank at jjp felt the board had failed. I am way to anxiously awaiting the replacement. Unless you guys have another thought.i checked every cable I could find. Nothing was loose.

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

One of the biggest reasons to buy an Escalera! Don't hurt yourself

Everyone should get one who has stairs. You can't put a price on staying healthy. They're worth every penny and Larry is awesome to deal with.

#1056 7 years ago

I took the head off mine to reduce weight and get it downstairs. It was very simple to do.

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I had a mega game and got to into the fire 3 times in that game. I'm probably done playing until you can progress further into the game.

Same exact feeling for me as well. I got like 3.4 million and played Into the Fire three times and just felt like there wasn't much else to do once playing Into the Fire. I'm sure the next code update will add Barrel Escape. Really hoping the completion bonuses for the modes are implemented soon as well.

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What's cheap back surgery and a month of physical therapy cost for comparison?

or dropping a brand new pinball?

No - it isn't fun to spend $2000 on a piece of equipment, but it's been the best pinball related purchase I've made (and you'll find other uses for it besides pinball).

It's so nice to be able to move a machine up/down stairs whenever I want without having to wait on friends/family.

#1059 7 years ago

So lifted the playfield today and found 2 wood metal screws, 1 wood screw, and a larger bolt/screw in bottom. Found knocker missing the wood screw, but can't find others. Frustrating.

#1060 7 years ago

Just a heads up that we'll be live streaming The Hobbit from the Jersey Jack factory with Jack and crew next Saturday, July 23 at 1 p.m. Eastern! You can watch live on Twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

jjp_(resized).pngjjp_(resized).png

#1061 7 years ago

Will you have a new firmware to play with?

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So lifted the playfield today and found 2 wood metal screws, 1 wood screw, and a larger bolt/screw in bottom. Found knocker missing the wood screw, but can't find others. Frustrating.

I plan on looking under the PF every day for a few days to inspect wear and check for and tightening loosing screws. I know others would hate the idea, but I don't mind keeping a super close eye out on those things.

Further, I don't plan on have an box opening party - it will be the day after. Opening day will be me spending hours reviewing the PF (top and bottom) and running tests. Guests will not be happy with the long delay.

#1063 7 years ago

- Is the Subway divertor integrated into any mode yet, if so what mode and how can I test? I have never seen it used and when a ball goes into the subway it always comes out the Left VUK and NEVER the right VUK.

- I noticed my Bag End optos would not trigger when the ball passed through. I had to lift the left side of the Bag End entrance plastic with some washers to get it to register a ball from the playfield level. It must have been blocked or some glare from the plastic? Works fine now, anyone else see this?

- are the Bag End entrance optos used for anything?

- Has anyone received fixes for trolls or left wireform fix from JJP yet?

#1064 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I plan on looking under the PF every day for a few days to inspect wear and check for and tightening loosing screws. I know others would hate the idea, but I don't mind keeping a super close eye out on those things.
Further, I don't plan on have an box opening party - it will be the day after. Opening day will be me spending hours reviewing the PF (top and bottom) and running tests. Guests will not be happy with the long delay.

The key areas on my game after the first 150 plays were:

Flipper mech mounting screws (glued in now)

Flipper coil stops (I added blue loctite)

Drop target assemblies (my dwarf actually fell partially at about 250 plays added toothpicks and titebond III, so far so good)

Creature mech mounting screws ( I havent had one fall, but I glued the screws in after the dwarf target fell down)

Check the lower diverter in the left ramp, it has a single screw and when loose wont divert the ball properly (glued with blue loctite)

If you haven't already, order the external volume control for the door from pinnovators

Check the dwarf switches they take a terrible beating. I have bent my R and F down a couple times and am thinking of installing a thin washer below to make the whole assembly tilt down a little bit to take care of the air-balls.

One other thing is to look at the mystery target. Like the WOZ glinda target (my wife often can only shoot straight up the middle and beats the sh#t out of it) I think it needs a bit if stiff foam or an extra bit of support somewhere.

Im sure there are a few other very minor checks, but that was what I found mostly on my game.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Will you have a new firmware to play with?

Good question! I'll check

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Post a picture of the screw, someone might recognize it.

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

- Is the Subway divertor integrated into any mode yet, if so what mode and how can I test? I have never seen it used and when a ball goes into the subway it always comes out the Left VUK and NEVER the right VUK.

Yes, because I've seen it come out the right VUK. Can't tell you when or how though, but I believe it diverts after completing "A Thief in the Night" for one.

Quoted from mummite:

are the Bag End entrance optos used for anything?

It's used for some of the modes where you have to hit Bag End.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, because I've seen it come out the right VUK. Can't tell you when or how though, but I believe it diverts after completing "A Thief in the Night" for one.

ok cool I don't think I have even played this mode yet. Is there anyway to easily test the subway divertor.

I guess I could handball it to that mode, but I dont want to spoil the game

#1069 7 years ago

I found one screw belonged to the knocker. Here is the big one left along with another small one. I thought big one would be easier to locate it's home, but still no luck

IMG_20160714_133911725_(resized).jpgIMG_20160714_133911725_(resized).jpg

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I found one screw belonged to the knocker. Here is the big one left along with another small one. I thought big one would be easier to locate it's home, but still no luck

Check the backs of your pop up creatures. See if any appear loose. I had both screws back out of the Goblin head and it was wobbling around on the target base like a bobble head.

#1071 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Big one should be for the transformer. Look under the cab and see if each t-nut has a screw in it.

#1072 7 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^these are machine screws; they wouldn't be used to hold a t-nut in WOOD.

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

^^^^^^^^^^these are machine screws; they wouldn't be used to hold a t-nut in WOOD.

Not the screw that holds the t-nut in place but the screw that goes into the t-nut.

The bigger screw is definitely from a larger or heavier assembly like a transformer, a speaker or maybe the smaug mech.

#1074 7 years ago

OK, I see that the two left side pop ups only have one screw in the back if their head.
Transformer has 4 larger screws in it, speaker doesn't use large ones it appears, and I see nothing wrong with smaug. Lost on large on still

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

OK, I see that the two left side pop ups only have one screw in the back if their head. Now, how the heck do I get to it to put screw back in? Looks like the entire assembly underneath has to come off.

Hold the pop up up ( vice grips holds the carriage nicely ) and carefully so you don't lose them, remove the two clips and springs holding the trap door on. Then lower the mech.

Below the playfield are two connectors and 5 screws to remove the whole assembly.

Easiest then remove the whole mech from the bracket. Coil and plunger/carriage.

Remove the carriage from the plunger. Then remove the lock nut and plastic clip on the front of the figure head leaf blade switch stack, then the two screws holding the leaf blade and character head. Then you can get at the two screws that hold the head to the blade. It goes screws - character - metal plate inside the head. Screw them in and tighten down.

Then reassemble everything. And you have three others to look at if you forget where things go.

I hope this helps you,
LTG : )

#1076 7 years ago

I was able to get screws back in from the top after removing flap. Now, where in the world does the bug screw go? Thanks for assistance guys.

#1077 7 years ago

I watched another video on Youtube of TH. During into the fire between every scene you have to get the super jackpot (captive ball) to advance.
I heard Gandolf say "SUPER JACKPOT!!" and then thorin say 'READY'
It sounds so weird.
Do you think they forgot to get the Gandolf voice over guy to say "the super jackpot is ready"? Why would they hack 2 voices together

Edit: This is the video

Its 16 mins and 57 seconds in.
I think it might be Gandolf saying ready - but its still kinda hacked together.

#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I watched another video on Youtube of TH. During into the fire between every scene you have to get the super jackpot (captive ball) to advance.
I heard Gandolf say "SUPER JACKPOT!!" and then thorin say 'READY'
It sounds so weird.
Do you think they forgot to get the Gandolf voice over guy to say "the super jackpot is ready"? Why would they hack 2 voices together
Edit: This is the video
» YouTube video
Its 16 mins and 57 seconds in.
I think it might be Gandolf saying ready - but its still kinda hacked together.

It's Galdalf for both...they could trim up the pause a bit to make it sound less awkward, but you're right. It's a little off.

#1079 7 years ago

I thought I heard "super jackpot ready now"

#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I thought I heard "super jackpot ready now"

Haha, I think that's gollum screaming Noooo.

Yeah, even if they trimmed it together closer it still would sound weird, because the same call out for when you get the super jackpot and the tone of his voice is different.

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Haha, I think that's gollum screaming Noooo.
Yeah, even if they trimmed it together closer it still would sound weird, because the same call out for when you get the super jackpot and the tone of his voice is different.

Yea after listening again i hear Gollum that all came together great

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's Galdalf for both...they could trim up the pause a bit to make it sound less awkward, but you're right. It's a little off.

It's more than a little off in my opinion. It definitely stands out as something that was spliced together. I've got to the point where I know that if I am in Into the Fire that when Gandalf yells "Super Jackpot" I know not to be fooled.....as I had been the first few times.....that I got the SJ because he was going to add the word "Ready" at the end.

#1083 7 years ago

I just installed the 3D printed troll fix things that Pinball Bulbs sells http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/hobbit-troll-ball-catch-fixes

--they work great, no more balls getting stuck and needing to wait for the ball searches. Wasn't a big problem, but for $20 and about 45mins of installation time, they work as expected.

#1084 7 years ago

Dough slinger is delivering my THSE in the morning. Going to be a great weekend.

#1085 7 years ago

Nice! Did he go up there today? He mentioned to me about bringing mine by Monday. Maybe it will be sooner. Hmm. Could be a great weekend. Got to text him. Congrats and enjoy.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I just installed the 3D printed troll fix things that Pinball Bulbs sells http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/hobbit-troll-ball-catch-fixes
--they work great, no more balls getting stuck and needing to wait for the ball searches. Wasn't a big problem, but for $20 and about 45mins of installation time, they work as expected.

Do these install from above or below playfield?

#1087 7 years ago

Update on my spring change. The medium spring was too strong. It was difficult to get in lane skill shots. I actually put the original spring back in and cut off about an inch from the medium spring and intertwined it into original. Works perfectly for any shot. Can't even see it intertwined so I'm good with it.

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Do these install from above or below playfield?

Below

#1089 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Nice to see you back KPG!

Can you supply pics of the finished work?
Also can you give details on the degree of difficulty on installing this modification?
Problems, hassels etc.

My WARG has a black eye from gulping so many balls down its trap door.....

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Nice to see you back KPG!
Can you supply pics of the finished work?
Also can you give details on the degree of difficulty on installing this modification?
Problems, hassels etc.
My WARG has a black eye from gulping so many balls down its trap door.....

Go to the page linked above and look under installation suggestions.

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wonder if a black 3D printed version will block any of the troll lights. I'll investigate this weekend. Thanks again.

I bought a set of black printed ones from you and installed them in an hour. I tried to order the 1/4 in. extended nut driver with magnetic head from Pinball Life but they are on holiday. So I used my socket set, with one problem being it is not magnetic. I lost 2 F&CKING screws in the process that are still MIA. But ultimately got the job done. I used painters tape to secure the screw to the socket before aligning it with a hole. This worked pretty well - 8/10 times

The black version, which is now christened the Stealthy Collector's Edition, blocks the spotlighting effect almost entirely and reduces overall glare. It is probably a little brighter than shown. Result is a more subtle lighting and the black color of the plastic really disappears into the playfield too. Maybe makes it look like a dark hole rather than a light bar in front of each pop up too. A bigger disadvantage is the faces aren't lit as well with the black version. When I get my repair kit from JJP , I'll probably be staying with these, the black ones. Because you know what they say ...

TH_Popup_Fix_00_(resized).jpgTH_Popup_Fix_00_(resized).jpg
TH_Popup_Fix_01_(resized).jpgTH_Popup_Fix_01_(resized).jpg

#1093 7 years ago

I think the black looks good, more menacing maybe?
Or maybe they are wearing formal attire?

#1094 7 years ago

THSE was delivered today. No issues out of the box. Plays great!

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

lucky you banker , mine isn't getting here until oct/nov

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Buddy delivered mine yesterday Thanks BUDDY!

#1097 7 years ago

So I used my socket set, with one problem being it is not magnetic. I lost 2 F&CKING screws in the process that are still MIA.

If the screws you reference are hex head flanged machine screws you might try this in the future: Take a tiny piece of notebook paper and wrap around just the head. Then insert the screw into the socket. The paper should be thick enough to take up the gap between the head and the socket. If done correctly the screw head will be wedged into the socket and won't fall out. Works for me every time.

#1098 7 years ago

I bought a set of black printed ones from you and installed them in an hour. I tried to order the 1/4 in. extended nut driver with magnetic head from Pinball Life but they are on holiday. So I used my socket set, with one problem being it is not magnetic. I lost 2 F&CKING screws in the process that are still MIA. But ultimately got the job done. I used painters tape to secure the screw to the socket before aligning it with a hole. This worked pretty well - 8/10 times
The black version, which is now christened the Stealthy Collector's Edition, blocks the spotlighting effect almost entirely and reduces overall glare. It is probably a little brighter than shown. Result is a more subtle lighting and the black color of the plastic really disappears into the playfield too. Maybe makes it look like a dark hole rather than a light bar in front of each pop up too. A bigger disadvantage is the faces aren't lit as well with the black version. When I get my repair kit from JJP , I'll probably be staying with these, the black ones. Because you know what they say ...

Reminds me to get that set of magnetic socket extensions next trip to harbor freight.....
I hate not having the right tool for the job....it always leads to frustration and time wasted.

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Buddy delivered mine yesterday Thanks BUDDY!

I was texting Buddy last night as my #151 is on the truck with yours and Bankers. Asked him if any chance I'd get mine this weekend (originally told me Monday) and he said no because he had already been on the road for 38 hours!!! Now if that isn't customer service I don't know what is! Doughslingers is the man.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I was texting Buddy last night as my #151 is on the truck with yours and Bankers. Asked him if any chance I'd get mine this weekend (originally told me Monday) and he said no because he had already been on the road for 38 hours!!! Now if that isn't customer service I don't know what is! Doughslingers is the man.

he's got a LUCI on that truck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 259.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.