IMG_1112 (resized).jpeg
100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider red_devils.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Well now it's official Alien is being remade and deposits are in. What are you thoughts and what will you miss from the original? I'm super excited about this as it's my grail pin. Just wish they would hurry and let us know what will be included in the LV edition.

#6 3 years ago

Yeah Pinball Brothers are getting us confused they call it the LV (Limited Version) but we all know it as LE (Limited Edition) It is strange how they call the Standard SE (Standard Edition) and then change for the LE sorry I mean LV

Anyway who wants to see a poll, what ideas you got?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The whole LV thing is...a play on the theme. LV as in LV-246

Didn't think of that good catch

#38 3 years ago

We shall see if and when they ship I'll be waiting impatiently

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

I'm buying the LE/LV version. I'm good with waiting till August. I will have GNR LE to pass the time.

I understand the want for the LE but it's hard to make an informed decision without knowing what is included in it. If it's just powdercoat, a numbered plaque and HD glass I may stay with the SE, buuut if they include the larger 27" monitor on the backbox that would be a different story

#43 3 years ago

Llabnip1972 are you not on the LE/LV train, or are you staying with the standard version?

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

YOLO! Plus my location is booshie and its only LEs

Nice collection my friend, but can you wait a year for the Alien LV?

Maybe get the SE play the crap out of it then sell it to fund the LV, just a thought I'm considering as I've waited so long for this to be remade

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Save your money and just wait for the LV-LE-SLE-AE-LSE. lol

Idk, I've serious FOMO right now

#57 3 years ago

So everyone who's in on an SE what are the must have mods on this game? I for one will be looking at powdercoating, the stainless just doesn't do it justice. I saw on the other thread there was a blue option but for me that green is absolutely fantastic. Pics courtesy of RTS

68a56bc11c9caad4c37f7d17dddd5bc919a361ad (resized).jpg68a56bc11c9caad4c37f7d17dddd5bc919a361ad (resized).jpgeadd1b4ecc13df6323f78883dfbbb1aacd3b9b9d (resized).jpgeadd1b4ecc13df6323f78883dfbbb1aacd3b9b9d (resized).jpg
#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In US, Cointaker is only distro. They are reputable. Deposit is $1000+ ~400 shipping. It is refundable. Overall, very little risk here. It's not being crowdfunded or money to PB prior to shipment.

As Zablon states $1000 and $418 for shipping with cointaker. I feel very safe going this route. I think this is the right way it should be done. Even when Stern or Spooky or any of the "big" manufacturers have a new release it's the same way, you put your deposit down with a distro and when game is ready to ship you pay the balance.

#70 3 years ago

Really there are no flashers? I've been watching a lot of streams of the original on YouTube and it sure looks like it, but then again I'm no expert

#71 3 years ago

I too have sent my deposit and I feel safe giving it to cointaker, Melissa's not let me down yet!

#81 3 years ago

I've heard that we may not find out what's on the LV until March, by then we could already have SE's in hand

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Where'd you hear that? I didn't think we'd hear about the LV details that early. I was thinking the LV announcement coming around May.

I asked Melissa today when she thought we'd here about the details for the LV and that is what she told me.

Hopefully we'll get to see some game play vids next month on an SE

#92 3 years ago

Seems like the SE and LV are almost running neck and neck in the early stages of the poll. I wonder if this is because no details have been released yet about the LV or people just don't want to wait to get their hands on one of these machines

#96 3 years ago

Zablon and joetechbob I find myself in total agreement with both of you. After listening to the podcast interview in which they say you will be able to purchase the extras as add-ons in due time. The only thing that would steer me to an LV right now would be the large monitor in the back box.

Ever since I got in to pinball this has also been my dream theme and I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For LV - it needs to have:
-metal rails, hinges, lockdown etc powder coated: $450
-HD glass: $300
-bigger backbox screen: $150
-cool custom screen printed translite: $100
-additional “active” mechs (?): $250
-additional static bling figures: $150
-topper: $500
-additional lighting: $25
-side art blades: $75

Tbh I really don't see them adding that much in to the LV, because the SE is really loaded IMO, I would say for sure the powdercoat, probably HD glass, I wish a bigger backbox screen but that would take a redesign of the translite and the backbox to fit it in, like a JJP machine. I think you'll get the added figures (dolls), the only topper I see them adding is the beacons and maybe some art blades. Realistically that's what I think will be included, I hope I'm wrong but that's my prediction. Oh and maybe a numbered plaque.

#113 3 years ago

So what are your thoughts on the image? I've heard some say it's a rendering and some say it's a real machine. What say you?

131896784_676488089730714_3232323636453253158_o (resized).jpg131896784_676488089730714_3232323636453253158_o (resized).jpg131930806_676499259729597_1473981328621161694_o (resized).jpg131930806_676499259729597_1473981328621161694_o (resized).jpg
#117 3 years ago

I think I heard in the podcast that those inserts have RGB lighting under them so may look better when machine is on, we shall see soon I hope

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

I find it hard to believe that they used stainless metal all over - but black hinges

I noticed that too and thought that was a little strange, but they also say on their Facebook posts that the T-molding will be chrome also , I'm not sure how that will look. It will definitely be Robert Stone to the rescue on this

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Oh really?? That doesn't seem to fit at all, I seriously hope that don't do it!

Straight from their Facebook page...

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#137 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all the prospective new Alien owners, let's hope the new year is better than this one and the games get here early

#140 3 years ago

And so it begins...
Absolutely beautiful artwork from Brian at Flyland designs now to put it in a lit frame and hang it

20201226_145116 (resized).jpg20201226_145116 (resized).jpg
#145 3 years ago

As promised here is the translite in a lit frame, not hung on the wall yet. But all I can say is wow! The quality of these frames blew me away it took a little messing around with the color settings to get it where I wanted it but the end result is fantastic. Although the camera doesn't show it well enough it transitions from green to white it's so much better in person, (the camera makes the green look blue) it really makes the art pop! Now I need to hang it on the wall to get ready for the machines arrival

#148 3 years ago

No new news or pics for 10 days now Come on Pinball Brothers show us some more pics or better yet video, the suspense is killing me, they said that Cointaker should have a game in early January to show game play on, surely they could tell us the game is on it's way to them

#156 3 years ago

So I just finished watchin Alien Anthology and out of the 4 movies Aliens was by far the best of them. What are your thoughts?

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Aliens is best, but the original is dope as well

Agreed! So glad the pin is based on the first 2 movies anything else would have been tragic

#163 3 years ago

Starting to get ready.... already ordered the open egg from back ally this is one the face hugger came with. Come on Pinball Brothers we need some news

20210102_133443 (resized).jpg20210102_133443 (resized).jpg
#165 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do they currently sell this with the facehugger?

I found this on Ebay, I thought I'd better snag it up quick because once the games start shipping they will be hard to find. Back Ally still sells the open egg and I've got one of those coming also for the same reason

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How big is that?

The egg it's in is 2.5" tall, it will be perfect for the open egg pop bumper from Back Ally Creations probably the same size

#170 3 years ago

Just saw this posted in the original Alien thread. Credit to TomDK for the picture

quoted text... "A picture from the factory hall BuT Hamburg."

4c3e025cdd3765c61a4e43fc0dda1fb882ab4ec3 (resized).jpg4c3e025cdd3765c61a4e43fc0dda1fb882ab4ec3 (resized).jpg
#193 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm still curious as to what's going to be the upgrades for the LV. When are those features supposed to be announced ?

I heard March we should know what is on the LV

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Cannot anwser this question, we are only producing the playfields.

How many playfields have been done so far?

#217 3 years ago

Many thanks to Buthamburg for their videos and insight in to the playfields I think we can all agree that theirs is way ahead of anything the other manufacturers are putting out right now.

But where is our update from Pinball Brothers? We need some pics from you of assembled machines in the factory or in boxes ready to ship. Come on guys the waiting is torture I know first world issues lol

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno man. They’re still building pf’s, so I’m thinking assembled games are a ways away.

But if you look at their first video they were doing the play fields in the beginning of November so you would think Pinball Brothers has had plenty of time to put at least some games together since then, wouldn't you?

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

If possible not more than 2m

Don't know if I can wait that long

Quoted from legendpin:

Super great to see buthamburg! PF looks really super! Are these PFs 1st or 2nd batch?

I would guess first batch seeing as in the video it was made at the beginning of November 2020

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Maybe they've hit an unexpected issue in the build process or with the new game enhancements (extra magnet, the secret airlock entrance etc) ???

That could very well be but communication could go a long way to settling a lot of nervous people around here. How hard can it be to post pictures of the factory assembling the games? Before the reveal they were posting pictures daily on Facebook and now nothing for a month!

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not nervous, just anxious

Well put, better choice of words!

#237 3 years ago

New Facebook post from Pinball Brothers but they are offering no new information but a nice read

Link to article,
https://ausretrogamer.com/alien-pinball-by-pinball-brothers-the-beast-is-back/

Facebook (resized).JPGFacebook (resized).JPG
#244 3 years ago

Have just confirmed that Pinball Brothers are supposed to be making an announcement tomorrow and they do have some machines ready to go on the boat and they are air freighting a couple to Cointaker, so hopefully there will be news tomorrow

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A real Xenomorph. PB's other company is genetic research.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you people knock it off with whats on the LV model. They have already said they will not release the details till later in the year. If you can’t wait, get the SV or move on to another game.

Well said Sir!

#279 3 years ago

It seems the "other" thread has turned in to a bitch fest of how this will never be made and how can people trust this company after the last fiasco. I'm so glad this thread is staying on track and giving positive vibes Thanks guys and keep it up!

#287 3 years ago

Anyone gone on a buying spree in anticipation of the machine's arrival??

Ok seeing as this is my grail pin, I'm ashamed to say I have spent close to $2k getting my "shrine" ready for the pins arrival
I have the Neca Alien trophy head to put over the machine, a gorgeous sculpt for a topper and the 33" long Alien Queen plus multiple other items As you can guess I'm so excited for this pins arrival

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You guys sure do LOVE the upcoming Pinball Brothers Alien...

Yes we do! Good job on the art very cool.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That’s cool! Post some photos.

So here's pics of the trophy head to put on the wall behind the machine and pics of the sculpt to use as a topper
That was the plan but I didn't realize how big the sculpt is, it's 33" x 21" x 19" I may have to hang the trophy head on the wall to the side of the machine lol, first world problems, either way it's going to be BAD ASS!

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (3) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (3) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l500 (1) (resized).jpgs-l500 (1) (resized).jpgs-l500 (2) (resized).jpgs-l500 (2) (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#307 3 years ago

New facebook post by Pinball Brothers...

Link to video...

https://fb.watch/3hr6-_OSQ7/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#308 3 years ago

Playfield

Play (resized).JPGPlay (resized).JPG
#333 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

On the new Super Pinball podcast they said that PB had a firmware issue which is now fixed.Also said Melissa will be getting 2 this week

Wow this is great news! I just listened to the podcast and it is confirmed around 17.30 mark is when they say it. Hopefully this means that next week we will get to finally see some video of game play! I can't wait

#335 3 years ago

Getting ready just need the machine now

20210130_162157 (resized).jpg20210130_162157 (resized).jpg20210130_162214 (resized).jpg20210130_162214 (resized).jpg20210130_171013 (resized).jpg20210130_171013 (resized).jpg
#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Chappie's thread is dope!

Thanks guys, We just need to keep everything upbeat and positive vibes here.

I agree with Zablon I don't think Cointaker will be asking for the balance until they have games in stock or until at least they have shipping manifests and know when they will arrive Stateside. That would be the right thing to do IMO. Nobody heard from Melissa this week to see if those games arrived yet?

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Found this on the Bradford Exchange could be possible topper

Still like mine better 22" tall

s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg
#378 3 years ago

Looks so cooooolll. We want more please

#414 3 years ago

Well I guess it was bound to happen. I have been trying to keep this thread as positive as I can. But it appears that some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. Please if you want to complain just go to the other thread there is a lot of whining going on in that thread. Most of the people in here are super excited to be able to get in on their grail pin for a price that is unheard of. We are happy to sit in our "bubble" and wait this out. Could PB do better marketing and show more of the product? Absolutely! But we aren't running the company or building the machines, so I for one will take the little tidbits they offer and keep on waiting, because I'm certain that this game will materialize sooner rather than later. There are many ways to look at how they are marketing this and I must admit that they are going through their due diligence to make sure that the game that ships to the consumer is as bug free as they can get it because they know of all the history good and bad that surrounds it, if that means we have to wait another month or two to get a much better game experience then so be it. I will continue to wait and watch for any new posts from them and report them here as soon as I can. I just want this thread to be as positive as it can because come on guys this is one hell of a pinball machine and it's going to be well worth the wait.

2 weeks later
#448 3 years ago

New update from Pinball Brothers on their Face book page...

new play (resized).JPGnew play (resized).JPG
#451 3 years ago

Some good information here from Pinball Brothers Facebook page...

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#453 3 years ago

just read in the "other" thread that a pinsider reports that Melissa from CT should be getting 5 games next week by air and will be streaming video of it. I sure hope this is true it would definitely bring some sunshine to this guy

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Yes Chappie. She responded to my email with the same information on Monday. I've got a good feeling. I'm a very lucky guy and unless my streak is over we will all be enjoying our games someday very soon. This is going to be an epic two year period for my collection. Started 2020 off with a sweet TZ right before the lockdown. Then during lockdown I picked up a GB, DP, MBr and an Alien by Heighway. This year I got my flash gordon back from a damn near hep quality restoration ( all thanks to pinsider 2fun). On top of waiting for alien remake I also get to pick up a Lebowski next weekend. Very lucky indeed!

Wow just Wow! Have you been playing the Lottery recently? That is quite a collection you have going there, congratulations! You must have a very understanding significant other
I do hope you're lucky streak continues and we all get our games soon, what a day that is going to be

Seriously my friend nice collection

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Wonder if Pinball Brothers are increasing the strike speed of the Xenomorph tongue.

Now that would be COOL!

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Whats up people. Just heard the first batch of Machines just arrived in Pennsylvania. I am in for an LV. I wonder how much longer we have to wait for those.

Where did you hear that?

#495 3 years ago

I actually spoke to Melissa today and she told me that they were supposed to get theirs on Monday by DHL but they still haven't delivered it to them. It's in Harrisburg. So here's hoping that they can get it delivered soon and we can finally see some game play

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Now, can someone answer my original question?

I would say don't expect an LV delivered until the late fall, if they make enough SE's then I would think August for the details of the LV's that's just my opinion based on nothing but how far behind they are on the current batch.

#518 3 years ago

Awesome!!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Heard from Cointaker:

Keep the good news coming!

Apparently I'm #24 on the list so I will probably be in the container group

#524 3 years ago

Here's a link to the video, looks great!

https://fb.watch/4eeg-NyZZ3/

#525 3 years ago

TigerLaw

Mods, now a game has shipped can this thread be put back in the Club threads?

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Does the xeno mouth function?

I was wondering the same thing, why they didn't show the biggest part of the game and also the hyper lock function. Hopefully there will be a full stream soon. But it's great to see one on US soil at last.

#532 3 years ago

All I know is that I'm #24 I got that from Melissa

I thought the first run was 100 but that's unconfirmed

3 weeks later
#544 3 years ago

A quick video of the Xeno from France Flipper on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/jeanfrancois.baudet/videos/10225400359622312/

It's coming Guys!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Any updates on shipping?

They're starting to appear...

Tilt (resized).JPGTilt (resized).JPG
#559 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, i filmed the Pinball Brothers Alien today, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here:

Thanks for sharing the video I love your enthusiasm while unboxing, that is just how I'll be when I get mine
Hopefully the first of many videos to be posted.

#560 3 years ago

thanks to Manny65 for posting this reply to the issues that RETROCENGO had with his Alien

"PB posted a reply on RETROCENGO Youtube clip "We think that the bass cable and the right loudspeaker cable might be switched. The sound should be pretty good - especially with the fat bass speaker you have in the cabinet’s bottom And as an advanced tip: remove the backglass and find the bass boost knob below the screen, left of the speaker cables..."

David Thiel also commented "I finally watched the entire video. couple things.... looking at the cabinet speaker, that is a good looking driver and should be able to deliver good bass. Having talked with the Pinball Brothers I know that they have a commitment to audio so this is a big surprise. I suspect that it is an assembly problem with switched wires.... Hopefully soon , I will be able to hear a PB Alien in the Northwest so I can evaluate it. The PB audio system was designed to kick ass better than the original. If it is not, there is a problem."

Hopefully a simple fix and can't wait to check out one in person"

Guys let's keep this thread going as we've all been patient waiting for games and now that they're shipping our patience is paying off. No need to jump ship and start a whole "New" thread, just so the same things can be said again.
Peace!

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

I'm truly honored to read all your amazing comments of my Alien unboxing video part 1. Love all the positive vibes here.
In the mean time, I filmed more, making part 2 looking closer at the audio issue.

Thanks again for sharing more video, So glad it was such an easy fix! I really love your excitement and enthusiasm for this game, you're passion is fueling all of us waiting for ours to be delivered. Keep up the great work.

#564 3 years ago

Guys, our thread is back where it belongs in the Clubs sub-forum! I had asked robin to move the thread back almost a week ago and he apologized for the time it has taken but as you an imagine he has been really busy with the new server. But we are back now and that is what really matters, Thanks to robin

Bring on more un-boxing videos!

#565 3 years ago

I just received my invoice from Cointaker for the balance of the payment for the game.
They must be close now, I'm emailing Melissa now

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just paid myself.

I don't normally pay in full until the game is at their dock. I don't want it to be stuck on a ship for the next 2 months

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Is that even negotiable?

I just spoke to Melissa and Pinball Brothers are putting games on a ship within the next 7 days and cointaker wants to have the funds in hand as they have to send payment when the ship leaves. She said they won't send anything until she has the tracking number for the ship and will then send the tracking number to all who have paid in full so you can track it yourself. She said they won't be going to Los Angeles the ship will be going to either Maryland or New York. So she thinks around 3 weeks on the ocean. By those calculations it looks like we will be really close to having machines by Memorial Day weekend

Things are looking up, I'm now officially getting excited

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Crickets out here for me......

According to Melissa I was #24 on the list, so if they shipped the first 4 and then 22 on the ship I just made the cut by 2
Do you know what number you are?

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I asked what # I am and was just told that if I got the full invoice, that mine is on that shipment.

Sorry brother

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

? I got my invoice this week and paid in full.

Sorry bro I thought you were saying that you hadn't heard anything. Congrats! I just paid in full also. It will be fun to track the ship across the Atlantic though

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Now I really need to start getting serious about selling my OG

Why not keep both like RETROCENGO

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m paid in full. Hopefully the container ships this week. Hopefully by the end of May I’ll be flipping a new Alien!!

You and I both brother

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Looks like the first shipment of 4 units finally arrived at Cointaker and are being trucked onwards. I just got a shipment email. It is finally happening!

Congratulations to the 4 lucky people getting these first. We will have to watch the game through your eyes while ours are on a boat coming on the Atlantic

Looking forward to more pics and videos

#694 2 years ago

I had a chance to put a dozen games on it this evening and made a short video showing some of the lighting effects. I’d like to do some gameplay video but

The playfield looks like a mirror, absolutely beautiful Thanks for taking the time to share, I know you have had a lot of cleaning up today, so 2 big thumbs up for thinking of us.

The rest of us now get to stare in envy as we await the arrival of our games.

#703 2 years ago

Here are some comments on my Day 1 w/ Alien SV.

Thank you so much for a nice honest detailed write up with your first day experience with the machine. Small annoyances are always expected with a NIB purchase and I'm happy to see even the bigger issue with the fuse was fixed rather quickly. It appears as if PB support is looking good. I know a lot of people have expressed concern over this. Congratulations and I look forward to your game play video.

1 week later
#814 2 years ago

If you missed tonights stream from Karl at IEPinball here's the link to watch...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1023061398

Enjoy

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

It's been three weeks since the invoices went out. Anyone hear anything about the shipment?

Yeah, crickets on my end too. I hope that they are ironing out a few of the small issues that we've seen on a couple of streams. Like the Xeno head not working every time and the stand up targets sticking like we saw on Karl's stream. Small things but hopefully most are fixed by a software update. We shall see soon enough I hope. The game looks great though

#840 2 years ago

Wait for the LV , I am thinking it's gonna be very cool....If not I will flip it for Gilligan's Island to Red_Devils

or Golden Girls lol

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Checking in on opinions... are there any alien machines possibly available for the current delivery? Should I wait for the LV?

The first quarter run has been sold out for months, and they still haven't been delivered, I'm not sure if the 2nd quarter run has sold out yet but seeing as though we are already nearing the end of the 2nd quarter I wouldn't expect to see them until September or later. Like Royale-W-Cheese says, you may want to hold out for the LV which is expected to be revealed in a couple of months but I don't expect them to be shipped until the end of the year. But we shall see.

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Do we know how many people fell into each batch?

As far as I know there are 24 in this shipment. I don't know how many were included in the 1st quarter shipping.

#912 2 years ago

So thanks to Lethal_Inc I got the shipping document, the name of the ship is NAVIOS INDIGO and I found where you can track this online, at the moment the ship is heading to Aliaga Turkey with a dock date of 0500 UTC so it's obvious it's not going to make it to Italy by the same day which is what is on the shipping document. As I've never tracked a ship before I was unaware that the ports shown are where it's been and not where it's going lol. You don't see the next port of call until the ship is underway. According to the shipping document the container is a 20ft one. It will dock in New York around the 6th of June with delivery to Cointaker on June 10th. Anyone on the first shipment interested in tracking the ship can find the details here...
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/NAVIOS-INDIGO-IMO-9324875-MMSI-538003035

Happy Tracking

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well it would be nice to know if I'm in the first shipment but not going to bug Melissa every day about it. Thanks for sharing!!!

If you paid in full you will be in the first shipment

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Red Devil found out the delivery date, why can't she?

If you read my post that is an approx. date. They are supposed to be delivered to Cointaker on the 10th of June, but if you look at the ship it's obviously behind right now. It was supposed to be in Italy tonight but it's in Turkey, that is what the document said and that is what she would report to you. Now when the date is missed a lot of people would be upset again with her when it's not her fault, as someone said earlier the only one that can tell us when it will reach New York is the Captain. The document that was sent to her is in Italian so I did my best to translate it and then did a search on Google on how to track ships and that is what I posted. Melissa has a lot to do in her regular job without having to translate documents. She has done exactly what she said she would do by keeping us informed to the best of her ability. So please give her a break. Here is an image of the document that I got from Lethal_Inc (Thank You) Please look at it yourself and translate if you feel it's not right be sure to let us know.
Thanks.

ShipperConfirmation_H700458013.pdfShipperConfirmation_H700458013.pdf
#984 2 years ago

So we have finally arrived in Italy and hopefully it won't be much longer

Arrived (resized).JPGArrived (resized).JPG
#985 2 years ago

A little amazed that someone would take the tracking information I posted here and then take it and post it in the other thread smh

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So this shipment might actually be arriving in the NYC port by June 6th as described in the shipping confirmation. Sure hope so.

It all depends on how many stops it makes before NYC It's already 5 days later in Italy then the shipping document said, I would probably say it's going to be 5 days later in NYC say by June 11th. maybe we can have a pool closest to the date without going over when it arrives in NY

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Uh... i got it from the shipping info that was sent to me... not your post. Second of all, I didn't realize there was some rule about which thread to post to.... not sure what difference it makes. I'm reading both threads.

No big, it's ok

#1000 2 years ago

Lethal_Inc You called it, the ship is stopping in Spain

1 week later
#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm curious about how many of these new ones have sold so far and how many are just waiting for LV info. Hoping they sell the crap out of these.

I saw these also and they look really cool. I don't think they will fit the new machine as it's a B/W cabinet. Sure would be sweet if they can do some modification to them so that they will fit. Either that or PinGraffix can make some of their PowerBladez for the new one.

I think we should have our machines by the end of the month if the ship makes it to NY by the 11th

#1072 2 years ago

I am hoping that we will be playing by the 4th July holiday weekend. So excited

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Our ship has arrived!! Won’t be long now. So what, another week to get to Cointaker and then maybe another week to us?

#1074 2 years ago

I've been trying to get a hold of Melissa for a week now. I've been asking if Cointaker has any widebody Voodoo glass in, I want to get a sheet ready for the new arrival. Has anybody heard anything?

#1087 2 years ago

Update: Cointaker now has the Voodoo widebody glass available on their site, $269+$25 Shipping. Go grab a sheet for your new Alien

#1093 2 years ago

I just received a shipping confirmation email from Cointaker, woohoo!

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Are the games shipping from the batch scheduled for 6/8 or the earlier container?

These are the ones from the earlier container

#1112 2 years ago

I just got the scheduling email from FedEx and have it scheduled for Monday the 21st in the morning. Could have had it for Friday but I won't be around. That's ok though will give me time over the weekend to get the game room ready for the delivery. So excited woohoo!!!!!

#1118 2 years ago

Your one of the lucky 6 people who get a pallet. The rest of us have to wait until they can get more pallets

I'm sorry you have to wait a little longer my friend, but I'm sure it will be real soon. I didn't know they hadn't come on pallets till someone posted earlier

But you're always welcome to come and play a few games if you need to in the meantime

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

LV-426 has landed. First stream with be tomorrow (6/20/2021 at 8pm EST) on Twitch - twitch.tv/hurryuppinball

Great unboxing video, I will be watching your stream tomorrow night as mine arrives on Monday

#1175 2 years ago

Took delivery of my Alien this morning but I'm unable to start a game. I get 2 error messages, 1. Pinball Missing I have taken out the balls and added them multiple times tried re-seating connections all to no avail, and the second message is switch error. Also all the bottom of the play field looks washed out like Easter colors and none of the lamp tests work on the bottom third of the paly field. I have opened a ticket with Pinball Brothers.

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Can you take a picture of the playfield issue?

Not a very good pic but I think you get the color, in Lamp Test menu the lights don't flash on the lower 2/3 of the playfield but the top ones do.

20210621_142026 (resized).jpg20210621_142026 (resized).jpg
#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

My sympathies to Red_devils. What a huge bummer that you get a bricked machine. I'm watching this with much interest. Time for the Hermanos to step up

Thanks, but I went in with eyes open, a new release is bound to have teething issues. I'm confident that Pinball Brothers will be in touch tomorrow to offer assistance, I have submitted a ticket and have sent Melissa an email detailing the issues, so soon hopefully I will be killing Aliens
I will post updates in the thread as to any fixes that they offer and then hopefully that will help others who may encounter issues out of the box.

#1257 2 years ago

Just wanted to update the room with the response I received from Pinball Brothers support, even though it took 24 hours to finally get a response I was able to do a Skype call with Cato, what a super nice friendly guy. We went through the issues on my game and found it was because of a bad Cat-5e cable, luckily I had a spare cable at home and I replaced it and boom, all the lights were now functioning, along with the trough not detecting balls and the targets not registering. I'm putting a picture in this post circling the cable that was causing all those issues for anyone else that may experience this problem.

So another note, every new game I get the first thing I do is replace the stock balls with Ball Baron carbon balls and this was no exception, but this was a strange thing, after I got off the call with PB, I played a game and I noticed that the balls were not seating correctly in the trough, this caused a lot of problems with balls not being fed for multiball, to balls not being detected drained and a never ending Sentry Guns mode. I took the Ball Baron balls out and replaced them with the stock ones and the game played normally, balls dropping in the trough as they should. I'm really scratching my head on this one. I checked the diameter of the stock compared to Ball Baron and they are identical. Unless the stock balls are somewhat heavier I'm completely lost as to why the others wouldn't work. I have asked PB if there is a difference in their balls as this could cause some headaches down the line when it's time to change the balls.

So now the game is working great and it's totally addicting, so happy I jumped on this. PB said they are still working on the software update and it's coming soon. There is a lot they are doing for the update, including updating the operating system that is under the game system, if I said that right lol, along with many bug fixes and enhancements. If this is the way the support is in the future and you have qualms about the game I would say definitely go for it! It's just too good to miss out on. The build quality of the game is fantastic, the playfield is like a sheet of glass and it sounds fantastic. Word of warning though once I turned it on the audio was set to the highest level and man was it loud the dogs ran out of the game room

One question for other owners, did anyone get a coin box? I thought it strange there wasn't one.

Thanks for reading the book lol.
Red_Devils Out...

20210624_085043-1 (resized).jpg20210624_085043-1 (resized).jpg20210624_090818 (resized).jpg20210624_090818 (resized).jpg20210624_090846 (resized).jpg20210624_090846 (resized).jpg20210624_090904 (resized).jpg20210624_090904 (resized).jpg20210624_090910 (resized).jpg20210624_090910 (resized).jpg20210624_090915 (resized).jpg20210624_090915 (resized).jpg20210624_090927 (resized).jpg20210624_090927 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

The good news is my first experience with Pinball Brothers tech support is super positive. They're offering to do a Skype call and seem totally comitted to fixing the problem. Will keep you posted.

You will enjoy the support with the Skype call. If you get Cato tell him Hi. He was great at diagnosing the issue with my game and although it was fixed in about 20-30 mins I still spent about an hour on the call with him chatting about the game and what design features they are changing in future releases. I'm sure they will have you up and running in no time.

#1265 2 years ago

I know you bought some mods awhile back , remind us what they are and get to work bro putting them in. It's been 24 hrs now...lol

Now that you have it and you upgraded the glass, anything else come to mind?

Yeah, got the Voodoo glass from Melissa, it's a great upgrade. I didn't really buy any "mods" per se for the machine, it's really packed as it is. the only otherr things I would like is to see if Pingraffix will be doing some of their Power blades for this machine, if not I think the dark mirror blades would look great. I have asked Melissa if she knows what shaker motor will work and where it would be powered from. I have a few more of the collectable figures from sideshow collectables just don't have a shelf right now to put them on \

I'm sure one of the mod makers will start a thread for Alien mods soon enough

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

FYI, when I first got my Alice Cooper pin, I changed out the stock balls with the Pinball Life ones and after a time I started having this intermittent problem with balls not setting down in the trough. Turned out to be magnetized balls. There had been a defective batch at that time, and I got a bad set. Changed them out and never had another problem.

Hmmmm, brand new unopened bag of 50 balls from Ball Baron carbon, I will have to check that out later. Thanks!

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Definitely sounds like the balls had become magnetised (I've seen this sort of behaviour in other games). Ball Baron state that "if a machine has aggressive magnet usage, there is still a small chance the ball may become magnetized over time", however given it's only been a couple of days it does sound like the batch you received are quite susceptible to becoming magnetised.

A couple of days, more like 10 minutes, it was the first game I played after PB help me fix the issue from out of the box

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm not going to touch my balls tomorrow

Well they aren't magnetized I just tested them with a paper clip and they're the exact same diameter. So I'm at a loss I don't have a scale to weigh them, maybe European balls are heavier than US balls

delt31 These are opposite the ones that came with the game are shiny and the others are dull.

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

In hypersleep until unboxing tomorrow evening

How can you wait another day? I took a half day off work to unbox mine I was so excited, you are a stronger man then I am.

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What is the best way to contact PB to open a service ticket? How do I initiate communication with Cato? Thanks.

Here is the link to open a ticket with PB, I ended up logging in with my Facebook account instead of creating one just an FYI.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/login#_=_

Good luck Cato is a fantastic guy and will resolve your issues quickly. Just note that he is located in Norway and there is a 7 hr time difference from CST.

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Trying to switch the left and right speakers but I can’t get the back box cover off. How do you remove this plastic translite?

Use the key found in the door and pop open the lock then lift the Translite with the 2 holes in either end

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sent emails, tried to sign up for the customer support ticket but need password to login

See my post earlier. I used my Facebook to log in to open a ticket. It should work for either Google, Facebook or Twitter I think.

#1374 2 years ago

For all you early adopters out there it looks like I'm the victim of the "sticky targets", here is the post from Pinball Brothers about them...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711521-sticky-weapons-targets

I have already been in contact with Cato and advised him, he said they will be sending me replacements.
I have also noticed that my right ramp opto isn't working and hasn't since day 1. I was checking the audits and noticed that my right ramp had 0 hits, I was like I know I've hit that a bunch of times. Talked to Cato and he said to check the LED under the playfield and make sure it's lit, it was, then I tried adjusting the opto housing but still nothing. I'm waiting to hear back from Cato.
Ah the life of us early adopters I'm positive that they will get me a new one soon but it does make it a bit difficult to complete any missions when you can't hit the right ramp lol.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is anyone's game working 100% OOB?

I don't think so as far as I've seen. Granted most of the issues are small, a couple have bigger issues like a bad node board. I feel bad for those guys.

Personally, I've had a bad CAT-5e cable easily fixed with the help from PB, I currently have sticky targets as mentioned in their bulletin, PB are sending me the new targets next week, I guess I could take a Dremel to them like some have some but I'm not there yet I also had the trough issue where the plunger would stick up too far not allowing the balls to go to the end of the trough, another easy fix following the PB bulletin. I have updated the software to the 2.2 version but it hasn't helped with the Xeno catching and eating the ball My one issue that I haven't been able to fix is my right ramp opto is bad, but PB are sending me a new one with the targets. It's a pain because it makes it almost impossible to finish any of the modes or to get to the multipliers.

So as far as I'm concerned I have no buyers remorse over this pin I went in with eyes wide open and fully excepted to be doing some tweaking along the way. if you're not ready to tweak and fix minor issues then I guess owning a pinball machine at home isn't for you. With the support I have received from PB I'm sure they will get my remaining issues fixed in due time. I waited for six months for the machine to arrive waiting a little longer to fix it is no big deal.

I don't think this machine is having any worse issues than that of Stern, JJP or any other "new" title out of the box, JJP are having major playfield issues again, Stern with their latest release are having the weld break on diverter brackets and people are resorting to welding their own machines to fix them. Couple that with broken plastics with the same machine, when put in perspective I think PB have done a fine job with their first machine. The people who were prepared to wait for a year will be the ones who benefit from all the tweaking us early adopters have had to go through as all the fixes will be in the newest builds. There's nothing new here that we all haven't seen before. We get to play a fantastic machine that has been financially out of our reach for years, anyway enough rambling and back to playing.
Keep flipping guys

Red Devils out...

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

No, but I just tossed them in the coinbox after lifting the playfield a few times.

Coinbox, you got a coinbox???????

#1475 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've submitted about 18 tickets at this point

Wow! I'm not sure if creating a separate ticket for each issue is the way to do it. I created my one initial ticket and then piggy backed on that same ticket for all the other things I experienced (sticky targets, opto issue, etc) Cato has been fantastic in answering each and every time. But I think you are right he does need help, but where else can you get support from one of the actual programmers of the game, who's trying his best to write code and fix issues put out service bulletins and answer help tickets! It does appear that my Opto issue may in fact be a board problem after further investigation with Cato, I unplugged both connectors for the opto on board 6 and the green LED stays on, Cato said that isn't supposed to happen. he is testing/programming a new board on Monday and will ship it out to me. I mean the customer support from Pinball Brothers is excellent, sure we have to deal with the time difference and we want them to respond within minutes, but that's just human nature. I for one couldn't be happier with the level of support and if you're on the fence about ordering one of these machines, don't be. By the time yours is shipped I'm positive all these minor issues will have been addressed and you will be playing one of the best machines for theme integration and just sheer fun you can get. In the crazy current climate of pinball pricing this machine is the deal of the year for what you get for your money.

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

can someone tell me what thread the Phillips screws have that attach the flipper assembly to the playfield?
Heighway uses screw-in sleeves here, where the Phillips screws are screwed in.
Where can I get these?

Are these the screws you are asking about? I don't know what the thread is but I do know it's a 6mm hex head and would hazard a guess that the thread is also 6mm, sorry I don't know what the pitch is

Flipper (resized).JPGFlipper (resized).JPG
#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I received my replacement Opto PCBs and they did not fix the problem with BALL LOCK 1 Opto (Elevator 1 Opto 57). So it looks like my problem is also with that PCB (Alien Playfield Board 8).

It appears that it's Alien Playfield Board 6 on mine, funnily enough that is the same board that I had the initial issue with the bad CAT-5e cable, coincidence?
Who knows, but with the help of Cato in support I'm confident we both will be shooting Aliens without any more issues soon enough He did want me to test the opto boards themselves by plugging it in to Playfield Board 8 #68 but I'm unsure of how to tell if it registers since it is in a different spot so how do I do an edge test?

I'm sure I read earlier in this thread that someone else is having issues with Playfield Board 6 but I think his is a lot worse, by saying the whole right side of his playfield switches aren't registering, with mine it's just the right ramp doesn't register, which does make it impossible to finish any of the modes

Pinball Brothers have already shipped out my skinny target replacements and the new opto boards, they just moved quicker than Cato would have liked because now he's sure that it's the board that has the issue and not the opto boards. But he said he will ship me a new Playfield Board 6 and a coinbox next week. the support from Pinball Brothers is exceptional!

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

You can just look at that green LED under the playfield where the opto plugs in

Thank you!

#1506 2 years ago

I have purchased 3 shooter rods from Shooter Skill Shots and his quality has always been the very best! I have ordered both the Start button and the launch button I will post pics once installed

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

That's much better... available for HW-ALIEN but sold out.

That is really cool, but why tease us if it's only for the HW version and sold out?

#1527 2 years ago

If you are having issues with drained balls not registering,

Craig, I really love your little "how to" videos. Keep them coming my friend!
This issue is documented on Pinball Brothers website here...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711505-trough-adjustments (You will need to log in via your Facebook or Google account though) I did this on my machine but I used a Torx T-20 bit not a T15 as you say in your video.

Great job, I'm sure lots of owners will appreciate it.

#1530 2 years ago

I ended up buying a set of metric nut drivers

Yeah me too Dang Europeans and their metric lol. I must admit I haven't experienced that issue with the eject hitting the plastic Is 25% the lowest it will go? I found this post from earlier regarding the power of the eject issue it may help you out..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/17#post-6282492

I'm not having a lot of luck with the Xeno grabbing the ball for ambush. I have updated the code to 2.2 and I've watched your videos and it doesn't seem to matter if it's left or right flipper. I can maybe get it 1 of 3 times I have increased the magnet strength to 20% higher and then on the next one it grabbed it woohoo! but the next 2 times it didn't "sigh" this game is incredibly addicting though, it is the whole package and it really draws you in. I'm absolutely loving it even with some of the niggly problems we are having to do.

Keep those videos coming brother you're a great asset to the community, I actually asked to have the flipper fix video to be marked as the first key post here in the club.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Here’s a new one. My left post broke.

Whoa! Sorry about that, the only issue I've had with a post is the one below the upper right flipper, it came loose a couple of times so I put a bit of blue Loctite on it then tightened it and it's stayed put ever since. I guess it's because I suck at hitting the right orbit and keep hitting the post I know play better lol

1 week later
#1608 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No buy in button on remake. I'd miss that.

just set it to 4 balls instead of 3 then

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a way to strengthen the magnet under the xeno? I don't get many grabs at mb start unless it's an indirect shot.

There is a setting in the menu to increase the magnet strength, I have tried it because I have the same issue, that is it doesn't seem to be grabbing many balls for Ambush or Newt multiball. But it made no difference I brought it up with Cato on my last Skype call with him. He suggested putting some foam behind the targets of the Xeno to stop the ball getting any "air" on hard shots, unfortunately that didn't really help. I said to him that it seems more like a timing issue in the software, that once the target is hit it takes a few extra milliseconds to activate the magnet and by then the ball has already moved past the magnet. he said they are definitely looking in to this to make it more dependable because this is one of, if not, the main feature of the game. I hope they can figure it out soon. When the Xeno actually grabs the ball it never gets old seeing it

#1637 2 years ago

I just installed the Start and Launch buttons from Bill at Super Skill Shot Shooters. As always his products are beautifully made. I had to wait for the 12v bulbs to come in from Comet before installing as brado426 noted earlier in the thread As he also stated the "lugs" for the spade connectors are smaller on the Pinball Brothers version and I just took my Dremel to shave them down a little. I did send a picture to Bill and let him know for future orders. please forgive my video, I thought by changing to "landscape" it would be better but oh well

Alien Switch (resized).jpgAlien Switch (resized).jpg
#1638 2 years ago

UPDATE:
From my earlier post regarding the "issues" I was having with the game.

1: I received the new Version 2 of the "skinny" targets from pinball Brothers and I still went ahead and sanded the edge as shown in the earlier post. (see pic) because they still appeared that they could get suck closed with a hard enough shot. I installed them and they've been working without any problems now.

2: I also received the coin box, which was missing in the game in another package from Cato.

3: I got a new Alien Playfield Board 6 to fix the issue with the right ramp opto not working and I'm happy to report that replacing the board fixed that issue.

So as of right now my game is playing without any issues whatsoever. i had no doubt that Pinball Brothers would make everything ok, Cato in support has been nothing short of incredible. The last thing that is on Cato's radar is to tweak the software so that the Xeno catching the ball is more consistent. Adding foam behind the targets didn't help me much as I'm convinced it's a timing issue in the software. I'm confident that they will get this done.

This game is so addicting and immersive and I'm loving it!

Red Devils out...

9ca47d819f51a357f8c71a7384c2272ad8877637 (resized).jpg9ca47d819f51a357f8c71a7384c2272ad8877637 (resized).jpg
#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

By the way... there is no need to shave off any lugs. Just use the switches that came with the PB Alien. I recommended to Bill that he not include switches at all to avoid confusion.

You could also do that, it's 5 minutes work either way, no big deal

Quoted from brado426:

Hmm... I bought 12V comet bulbs also,

I'm sorry my friend I should have mentioned that I also got 2 bulbs from Cointaker (#161 12v) which fit perfectly and those are the ones I used, because like you I found that the one from Comet wouldn't fit the Start button.

#1645 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How many switches are we talking about?

If you mean the "skinny" targets there are 5 that were replaced. I did tell Pinball Brothers about ti and they said they are working on Version 3 of these switches. But mine are now working perfectly.
When I got the replacements I did notice that if you push them then they "could" stick I just wanted to be proactive and not take any chances that it could happen. Each one takes a few minutes to do. I did it before removing the original ones . It's so easy to remove and install pretty much anything on this game, it's made very modular. Changing the node board only took maybe 10 minutes.

#1648 2 years ago

So after reading through the "original" Alien thread while waiting for this one. I really liked the motion tracker mod. So I got in touch with the guy who made them originally and asked if he would be willing to revise the mod to work on the PB Alien, he said he would. So I'm happy to show you the fruits of his labor, here's a couple of pics of the motion tracker mod installed on my PB Alien. It's fantastic as anybody who has it installed on their original will tell you. If you are interested in getting one for your machine contact Vimtoman via PM for pricing and availability. He's a great guy to work with!
Sorry for the crappy pics they really don't do it justice.

20210717_164504 (resized).jpg20210717_164504 (resized).jpg20210717_164533 (resized).jpg20210717_164533 (resized).jpg
#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does this mod only work during Ambush mode then and correspond with the tracker on the screen?

No, the way it works is it's tied in to the shooter lane switch, so when there's no ball in the shooter lane you see the Waylan-Yutani sign, when a ball is in the shooter lane it shows the Tracker screen with the LCD on the mod counting down distance in meters, it's pretty cool looking and it looks like it should have been in the machine from the factory, it's made that well.

#1656 2 years ago

Here's a quick video of the motion tracker in action...

1 week later
#1706 2 years ago

I have a great update for you guys... As teased earlier in the thread from Royale-W-Cheese we had a zoom call with Faust to see if he would be willing to revise his awesome apron mod to fit on the new machine and at the end of the call he said he would. If you haven't seen the mod check out his original thread here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod-

I have created a separate thread to gauge interest and to let us know if you would like to be put on the list, the thread can be found here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod#post-6404609

Slowly but surely the fantastic mods for this machine are coming out with the help of some awesome pinsiders

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I recieved my care package from the Brothers so tomorrow I'm going to swap out board #6 "donut board". Anyone have any experience with that one? Any tips? Thx fellas

I just swapped that one out, easy peesy. Took about 15 minutes total. Just take pics of the connections, pull connectors and remove the 6mm screws, Install board, re-connect and have fun. Now my right ramp opto is working flawlessly it's nice to be able to finally get the double scoring

#1720 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I have created a separate thread to gauge interest and to let us know if you would like to be put on the list, the thread can be found here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod#post-6404609

UPDATE:
There are only 3 spots left on the initial run of aprons from @faust, if you want to be in on this fantastic work of art please let me know by visiting the thread and putting your name in or PM me.
Thanks guys

#1723 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

There are only 3 spots left on the initial run of aprons

UPDATE!!!!
We now have the 25 signed up for the apron mod. at this time we will be taking backup names in case someone drops out if you would like to be added to the backup list please PM or write in the post requesting to be added to the list.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/2#post-6407026

Congrats to all that have put their name in for this amazing mod!!!!

#1744 2 years ago

Quoted from djsoup:Anyone know what size/type of lock nut goes on the spacer on the ramp by the left upper flipper? I overtightened mine and it broke.

It's going to be metric, my guess is 6mm but I don't know the pitch.
Have you put GITD rubbers all over the machine? If so let's see what it looks like please. I still haven't decided what color of rubber to go with

#1747 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Yeah I went with GITD throughout and love it

Glad you got it sorted Your game looks great, I'm not convinced on the GITD they seem a little light in color I used to have them on the AFM I owned and man did they get dirty quickly LOL, But great job!

Cato is fantastic I agree, now my game is playing 100% I can't stop playing it LOL, it's so immersive, I actually got to finish Self-Destruct yesterday, what a rush, once you hit the last shot in to the air Lock all the shots light up again, I'm guessing it's like victory laps, but I was so pumped at finishing it I bricked the next shot and drained Hahaha I know play better

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Yep, I've got an open ticket and working with Cato (who is awesome) j

Hey djsoup , did Cato help resolve your issue? I really hope you got it working again.

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I hope so. Melissa Emailed me yesterday and said they were on the water..

If she sent you the tracking information you should be able to get the ship name and then track it on the water like we did on the first shipment

1 week later
#1868 2 years ago

djsoup TinyBlackDog I am so sorry that you guys are having major issues. My game is playing at as near 100% as it can. I feel very lucky compared to you guys. I am running the V2.2A beta version of the software like I think brado426 is and I'm really happy to report that it has fixed the attract mode non responsive issues I had. If the machine was in attract mode for a long period of time it would essentially lock up and not allow you to start a game. but with this beta version Cato seems to have solved that problem. I'm just waiting on the Gen 3 skinny targets to be finished and I need to try and add a thicker piece of foam for the MUTHER scoop as mine will not feed to the flipper consistently. I did have time over the weekend to change the rubbers on the machine and went with the translucent green for all the posts and flippers and clear for the rings. I think it turned out really well

20210808_110148 (resized).jpg20210808_110148 (resized).jpg20210808_110200 (resized).jpg20210808_110200 (resized).jpg20210808_110207 (resized).jpg20210808_110207 (resized).jpg20210808_110217 (resized).jpg20210808_110217 (resized).jpg20210808_110228 (resized).jpg20210808_110228 (resized).jpg
#1875 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Any update on a timeframe on targets for your machine? Thoughts as to whether the 3rd gen targets will make it to the third shipment?

I just talked to Cato today and asked him, he told me soon as there has been a delay from the supplier. Like everything else nowadays

He did want me to give a big shout out to the programmer and he said to tell you all Hi.

This is a direct quote from Cato at Pinball Brothers.. "Brian Dominy is a super star in programming, I have a hard time putting words to how great a man Brian is, he is a real commodity. And we are so happy that he cares about Alien as we do. So I think all the credit should go to our dear Brian."

I think we're all lucky to have great guys like this who are as passionate about Alien as we are and want it to succeed.

#1880 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Did you guys recieve your Vintoman aprons for fit testing yet?

Vimtoman is making the Motion Tracker mod, Faust is doing the aprons. He has just sent me a test one to try for fitting. It is coming from overseas and hopefully should be here in a week or so. I will update the group as soon as I get it.

#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is there a difference in software between 2.2 and 2.2A?

The major difference I noticed was that the attract mode freeze up was fixed in the update. I couldn't really tell the difference besides that between the 2 versions.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone have an opto issue on the reverse ramp by the upper right flipper?

I did when I first got the machine. Couldn't get the opto to register no matter how I moved the receivers. Cato sent me replacement opto but that didn't fix it. The problem ended up being the board. Cato sent me a new board and all has been great since.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I do not have the flying projectile balls from the MUTHUR left outhole. I do see it ejecting too far to the right occasionally.

I have had zero issues with the drop targets... they have been rock solid since the beginning.

Same here on the MUTHER kickout, no flying balls but don't get a nice feed to the flipper. I have reported it to Cato also and he says they are working on a fix for it.

My drop targets have been perfect since I unboxed the game. I know that HurryUpPinball had an issue with them on one of his streams but he said he fixed them also.

On a higher note, my machine is sitting on a cart right now. I have just sent all the armor out for powder coating and when I get it back I'll post the pics of the color I went with, it's going to look great!

20210816_084415 (resized).jpg20210816_084415 (resized).jpg
#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I saw one guy changed out those cheap plastic leg protectors to the metal ones.
Who do you use for powder coating?

I saw that too and I'm going to order some metal ones from Pinball Life.

This time I'm using Steve from MI Pinball Refinery for powder coating, I've also used Robert Stone in the past both do exceptional work.

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Did you take apart the coin mechs fully from door?

Of course, it's really not that hard. The first time I did it was daunting but I took lots of pics, now after a few times it's really not that bad.

Quoted from Baggerman:

I see you have the modded start and launch buttons installed. Did you just replace the buttons and use the existing wiring connections/Lamp?

I was on the early batch of those and had to buy the 12v bulbs as they shipped with 6v bulbs, I also had to shave a little of a couple of the lugs to get them to fit. (I posted earlier in the thread) but now he's just shipping the buttons so you can use the existing hardware for the Start and Launch buttons.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Be careful leaving it up on the lift.

I thought of that If you look at the pic the machine is all the way down on the lift, Thanks

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Do you have any plans for the metallic t-molding around the backbox?

I was thinking of just going with black, I don't really see any of the greens working that are listed on T-Molding's website. What are you thinking?

#1955 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Wait … What …. I just finished altering a Heighway Cliffy to fit …. Mine didn't have anything and was getting banged up , anyone else not get them?

I didn't get one neither

#1976 2 years ago

They look better than just metal ball guides. At least these are an improvement to the original game lighting situation.

I agree, I like them too

#2005 2 years ago

I firmly believe the issue isn't the magnet strength that dri keeps saying. I'm positive it's a "timing" issue. The time you hit and register the switch to when the magnet is activated is off by milliseconds, you can tell when you hit the last xeno hit and the ball bounces back the magnet hasn't been activated because the trajectory of the ball doesn't change as it goes over the magnet. Now if it wasn't strong enough and the timing was right you would see some kind of change in direction of the ball or at least it slowing down. But neither of those things happen. Like I said we're talking milliseconds here, the times I have got it to catch have been slower hits to the switch, the harder the ball is hit the faster it's going and the magnet doesn't activate quick enough. If you're quick enough and send the ball back to the Xeno the magnet then holds the ball and the tongue catches it. I have even gone as far as adding a piece of foam behind the targets to try and deaden the impact and make it a little slower but it still doesn't catch it regularly but it did improve it a little. I have reported all of this to Cato and he is looking in to it, he was the one who told me to try adding foam but he did tell me that it will take a harder hit to activate the switch when you add the foam. Maybe I didn't add a big enough piece of foam behind the target because I still get some air balls when hitting a hard shot there. Anyway that's my .02c

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

If there's some better game on the horizon than this, I'm sure not seeing it.

100% THIS!!!!

All I see is Halloween (long time to wait for that game, unless you have an early number) CGC Cactus Canyon, personally I just found it meh, after playing it in Houston in 2019, and a maybe Stern Godzilla, what else is "on the horizon" out there?

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

LV details coming September 24th!

Along with a price increase

#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Ouch. I'm assuming those prices don't include shipping either

Nope, $430 for shipping!

#2081 2 years ago

This damn LV better be earth moving...lol.

"Earth moving" Lol, I really don't see it, on the initial launch they said the only differences with the LV would be cosmetic, game play would be identical to the SV, I don't see $3k worth of "extras" being worth it IMO

Quoted from Utesichiban:

That is more than before, right?

No, that was the price from Cointaker, was in the advertised price and even though it shipped months later than promised they still held the same shipping price. Kudos to Cointaker for holding their promise on shipping price.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

That PB pic shows an open egg pop.. that's not on the SV game.. one of the new LV features?

I have one on mine It didn't come with it though lol

20210808_110217 (resized).jpg20210808_110217 (resized).jpg

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Based on that, I think I just found a leaked photo of the LV:

LMAO! But it doesn't have enough LED's for Royale-W-Cheese though

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Where or how do you get the latest code update?

You have to submit a ticket to Pinball Brothers asking for the latest Beta code. It's not an official release yet and Cato will send it if you are having the issues that it fixes, like the Muther kickout and Xeno grabbing. At this time V2.2 is the latest official code that is posted on their website

#2179 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Gane arrived yesterday, got it set up today. Muther eject won't alway kick the ball with enough force to kick it out. Does it with the uodated code. Anyone else have this issue? I even put the strength up +50% and no change in behavior

Check out this service bulletin, this was for the too much strength but wouldn't hurt to check the screws are tight and the alignment.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711606-left-eject-mother-is-not-consistent-

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I am the only who has constant issues with the APC stopping to register?

Take a look at dri post here, he went above and beyond to fix his drop target issues and I'm sure if you drop him a line he'll be happy to help. I wish he would have made a video on the fix the pictures are a little hard to understand for me

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/41#post-6455557

Also Hurry up Pinball fixed his also but not to the extent as Dri, hope this helps

#2217 2 years ago

Postage and handling and faster deliveries are not cheap.

That's true but you can't put a price on Great customer Service!

Pinball Brothers seem to be determined to do just that and I for one am really happy to see that from a new company, just try getting this level of service from Stern or JJP and see what you get.

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Cato didn't say what they fixed and asked me to figure it out.

My bet is on the coin door lights are now on in "Free Play" I've asked him for that before and he said in a later release To me it looks like he's fixed pretty much everything else that we early adopters have been asking for. I can't test it because my armor is still out being powder coated and he told me last week he's got COVID-19 so it's delayed until he feels better.

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from not playing

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Your sticky flipper issue is easily solved by following these instructions:

I had made this a Key Post a while back, right now we have 2 key posts both by HurryUpPinball If anyone else has suggestions for key posts let me know.

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There hasn't been a single other machine in years with half this many issues out of the box. What other machine has required 12 parts+ replaced? Or had this many bugs crashing the game? And on a rerelease of an existing game no less

I'm just going to have to disagree with your opinion on this. I mean the forums are full of issues with Stern and JJP machines NIB

Sorry you have had to change that many parts I believe that's an exception rather than the rule, myself I changed the Stand up targets for the V2, they didn't break Cato just sent them, and I changed one of the PCB boards where the opto wasn't working, and that took like 15 mins. Besides that and the multiple code updates that Pinball Brothers has put out to fix the minor annoying issues is it. Right now I believe that this machine is playing a lot more stable than the original version ever has. Just my opinion, like it or not.

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Did everyone get a confirmation email when they signed up for the fresh desk? I'm trying to submit a ticket but can't get logged on

I used my Facebook account to log on. You can also use Google or twitter if you have those. No confirmation necessary

#2508 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Just follow HurryUpPinball's video and it should totally solve your problem:

Just FYI guys this is listed as a key post at the top of every page

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I assume you will do a few rounds?

The designer has only committed to doing a run of 50 only. But who knows what the future will bring?

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I did the dollar lv list at the beginning of the year. So I should have some spot on cointakers list at the lower price.

Don't mean to burst your bubble here, but from my understanding the dollar list for cointaker was just an "I'm interested" list and not a commitment list. The only ones I think are going to be honored the original price are the ones who moved their $1000+shipping deposit from the SV to the LV. To be honest I too did put a dollar down but wouldn't hold anything against Cointaker if they didn't honor the original price, I mean there is no other manufacturer where you can put down $1 to hold a game and expect them to hold the price for you. It just seems fair to me.

#2706 2 years ago

Finally got my armor back from the powder coaters, the depth on the coat is incredible! Steve from MI Pinball Refinery really killed it! I told him I wanted a mossy green color and this is what he came up with, it took 4 stages to get this effect. It's really hard to get a good picture showing the depth and color. I will try and take a couple more in the daylight. Also changed out the T-molding to a textured black I think it looks much better than the chrome. Added gold coin button return and put my topper on the game You can also see Vimtoman motion tracker mod with the custom plate installed here. I've missed being able to play this while she's been down Lol.

20210918_221124 (resized).jpg20210918_221124 (resized).jpg20210918_221146 (resized).jpg20210918_221146 (resized).jpg20210918_221217 (resized).jpg20210918_221217 (resized).jpg20210918_221242 (resized).jpg20210918_221242 (resized).jpg
#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Whilst the pin was down I used the time to disassemble the playfield and send off the plastics to be measured and cut for protectors.

Really nice job with the protectors Will you be offering them for sale I wonder?

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i see an open egg pop bumper cap.. that from cointaker?

I got my Open Egg from Back Alley Creations and it fits perfectly.

20210724_180149 (resized).jpg20210724_180149 (resized).jpg
#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

unpacked this pin, I must say that I realky like the sparkly powdercoat finish!

So I'm surprised nobody else picked up on this.

In Faust picture, he shows his machine with black powdercoat with sparkles. I asked did he have that done and he told me no it came that way when he unboxed it , I think he got the LV armor on his machine because every other SV has had chrome. What do you guys think, is this a sneak peek to the armor on the LV? I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow

2949d0fb317f4f26d14be68096a8f9f02d611c31 (resized).jpg2949d0fb317f4f26d14be68096a8f9f02d611c31 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3242 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Also...all his small targets are green??

If I had to guess this is the machine that HurryUpPinball sold, I remember seeing that he had replaced all of the small stand up targets with ones from B/W.

In other news I just got a reply from Cato that he has sent a care package with ALL new Stand up targets, new flipper bats, new post for the right flipper and a scoop protector. I'm really hoping these are the new Gen 3 targets as I already have the Gen 2 ones! I will let you guys know as soon as I receive them

1 week later
#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

You want to read my post from earlier. I highly suspect your issues are related to data-line interference. I recommend following the instructions I posted earlier to move your cables away from the coil wires. I saw some Xeno issues like tongue pausing and mouth not closing.... ever since I moved the wires, I have seen absolutely zero Xeno malfunctions and it has been at least a couple weeks.

To make it easier to find this post it is now listed as a key post at the top of every page. If you have any other suggestions for posts that should be key posts to help other owners let's get them in there.

2 weeks later
#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

To help anyone else here, here is the full documented set of issues i've had with the machine. Bare in mind this was like Machine Number 6 so I refer it to as a prototype (yes i'm the guy from the Video stream Gonzo interviewed).

So here goes:

This is such a very well written and informative post that I really thought it should be a Key Post, so I asked for it to be marked.

You can find Key Posts at the top of every page, we are starting to get some really informative posts that help new and old owners out now.

Thanks to all who take their time to help out others!

2 weeks later
#3902 2 years ago

I just posted an update in the Apon mod thread, if you've not seen it yet go take a look at what you're missing. We're starting to take deposits now
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/6#post-6600209

#3908 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do I just buy LV which is supposed to have custom Apron and beacons already integrated? So the difference is $1000 now. What do you get for $1000 more?
$10695 for Limited Version (LV)

I'm not saying I'm biased towards ours but from what we can see on the mock ups, the PB apron will have the strobe lights at the front of the apron, it doesn't have the Alien logo, weapons or bullets, the beacons they are using are short squishy ones lol and the ones we are using are more like the true beacons on the loader. There's no denying the artwork on the LV is really beautiful. But if you're going all in why not have both the LV and the aftermarket custom apron? lol You can't go wrong with either choice the machine is fabulous. If you like the PB beacons we are offering the option of just the apron, like I say either way you're getting a great machine. I'm with you though I wish they would release real pictures of an actual machine so we can all stop guessing what it may look like.

2 weeks later
#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Thoughts on mirror blades for Alien?

I'm really leaning on getting the black mirror blades from Pinball Decals, I think they would look amazing in the game and I was hoping they would have had a Black Friday sale I have also been waiting to see if Joe from pinGraffix would ever do some PowerBladez for this game but I'm about to give up hope on that ever materializing. So I feel a splurge coming on for an early Christmas present

1 week later
#4398 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

If anyone has any experience with the coding and computer on this game

Do you have a ticket open with Cato? He is nothing but amazing when it comes to support. when I first had issues with mine we had a video conference call to fix what issue I had. if you don't have a ticket with them I highly suggest doing so. Mine is playing great and I was one of the very early adopters, I've had it since June and it's been playing awesome.

1 week later
#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody figure out a shaker motor option?

Cato once told me the shaker motor isn't in the SV code

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So are you saying that the custom beacons on a SV won't interact like the LV?

Yes they most certainly will

#4615 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

The game specs said Limited apron...but nothing was shown in that regard...

They showed the "dog tag" on the apron, maybe that's what they meant as Limited apron

#4741 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This would make an amazing topper....but it's way too big

That is an amazing piece of art but with a price tag to match at over $2k

#4742 2 years ago

But I do love my topper and as a bonus the beacons are going to fit

20211219_160639 (resized).jpg20211219_160639 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5124 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i'll ask y'all the same question i just emailed melissa: are they going to make this game for a while?

I don't think there will be any danger of you missing out of a NIB, PB have committed to making 1000 LV's and I don't know what order they will be making them in, but I don't see them making all 1000 first before going back and making more SV's I don't think they satisfied the current backlog of SV's. I think they were only on the last of the 2nd quarter before they stopped and started production of the LV's. I have one of the earliest ones shipped here (I've had it since June 2021) and mine is playing fantastic now, so much so I still haven't updated to the latest code 2.4 I'm running the 2.2G beta version and everything is working normally. I'm of a mind that if it isn't broke don't fix it

#5165 2 years ago

From Pinball Brothers LV's on the line. Notice the cut outs for the blades on the sides of the cabinet. Also it looks like the beacons are red hmmmm.

Alien LV (resized).jpgAlien LV (resized).jpg
#5227 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Black ripple hardware, britemods buttons, translite 2d

That translite looks 3d, nice job well done

#5264 2 years ago

Never mind should have done a search first through the thread Looks like Stern type mirror blades are the way to go judging by previous comments.

1 week later
#5401 2 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

I was wondering does the game even have a knocker installed?

There is no physical knocker in the game just one of those electronic ones. As far as the game resetting make sure you're on the latest code V2.4
Congrats on your pickup!

#5403 2 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

It's definitely version 2.4

Then I would download the game logs and open a ticket with Pinball Brothers and send them to Cato. On older code that used to be an issue of the game resetting with multiballs but that was fixed in the newer code. Cato is awesome and he'll get to the bottom of it I'm sure

1 month later
#6183 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

My only complaint - this whole thread is so clogged with crap I cant find any if the helpful suggestions for coil adjustments etc. Is there an up-to-date post with all this info??

I found this post on the thread, there's a lot of good info here and he even segments his video so you can skip to what interests you the most.. I have asked for it to be added as a Key post. These can be found at the top of every page. If anyone else has good information to post like coil settings, flipper power etc. that other owners may find useful add it here and I will ask for it to be added as a key post. We all should start posting more information for the new owners to help them as best we can, so they are not trying to go through a whole bunch of "crap" to find the help they need. This is the "owners" thread let's make it the best we can

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/100#post-6695114

Props to brenna98 for this video

#6185 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Problem is...I'm not really sure much of that is still relevant after code update and issues that were found/resolved in later games. Hard to tell since there seems there was different part #'s being used on some games.

That is true but I'm sure it can at least help some folks. It was only made 2 months ago and 2.4 code has been out longer than that. If you are referring to the new 2.5 code I won't be taking that on for a while as mine is playing flawless with 2.4 and it seems most of the code change is for the incoming LV. Now I would love to get staging flippers on my SV but we will have to wait and see if that is possible along with shaker motor incorporation. If you have some good tips to post that we could make a key post please do. I have noticed that you are always posting positive comments here and I applaud you for that, please keep it up we need to drown out the debbie downers that invade here

#6193 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m still on version 2.3G because I thought people were having issues with 2.4. My game plays pretty good on this version so what changed and why should I go to version 2.4? The only thing that gives me problems every once in a while, is the trough eject.

That trough eject problem sounds like an issue brado426 had with his game. IIRC it turned out to be a board issue (but don't quote me on that ) Is yours one of the earlier ones like ours? I'm hoping he will chime in on here and let us know what the issue turned out to be. I know he hasn't had any issues lately since PB have sent him newer boards.

I have only recently updated to 2.4 because I wasn't having any problems with 2.2G and I wanted to go to the latest update so I could test the prototype apron with the code most people would have, just to be sure the apron electronics were working without causing any issues with the game. I'm happy to report all is well and the game plays flawlessly. The one thing I did notice is I think they changed the scoring because on my first game with the new code I got close to 500mil and my previous best was only 330 million but YMMV, other than that I think they added more settings in the menus, but I'm sure someone else could chime in and let us know the changes. The one bug I still have is when the machine boots up sometimes the backbox monitor doesn't come on, it will boot and show the Linux code but doesn't show the blue screen with the software version on it, then it stay black I have to turn it off then back on again to fix it. I have a ticket in to Cato and he says they're aware of this "black screen" bug and says to check this post...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000932223-black-screen-on-power-on-

#6247 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I might need Red_Devils to come over and help me with setup too.

Oh you know I'll be over You have plenty of other games to keep you company while you wait though

1 week later
#6505 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Where can I get this?

Contact Vimtoman here on Pinside

4 months later
#9132 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks like he falls into the "look what I can do" camp .... I've had the opposite experience on PinSide. I've found that most people are really helpful when they add something thats really cool in their game. That being said this is a first for me

This isn't true, I have had some dealings with him and he's a cool guy, he made me some prototype 3d parts with no questions asked. He also has the files for the Hypersleep and Airlock mods which he will do for you or even send you the files if you have a 3d printer. He's one of the "good" ones in my book.

#9133 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'd definitely buy a shaker for my SV!!!

I really don't think it needs it, and after seeing Royale-W-Cheese LV shaker when booting the machine it almost bounces the machine out the door

1 month later
#10095 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Upgrading from an SV to an LV and listed it in case anyone here wants to jump the line. (and is fairly local)

I can vouch for javagrind888 I have been to his house multiple times and all his games are in top condition. Buy with confidence, GLWTS!

3 months later
#12382 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any recommendations on parts/mods to purchase prior to the game arriving? For potential fixes out of box and potential problems, as well as just fun stuff to add.

I would definitely see if Vimtoman is still making the tracking mod, that's a must have mod, goes great with the apron wink, wink I don't know whether the guy in Australia is still doing the 3d translites KJS I think, but there's lots of posts here with the pics another awesome mod. Also Mageek for his super 3d printed hypersleep chamber and his other mods.

#12404 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That looks like the real deal! LV-426 hopefully it's not a copycat!! There would need to have some significant paperwork/proof to keep that legit. I'm not baulking at the price, it's the legitimacy at stake here..

It looks legit, they have the COA and it looks like it has a "Special" tag right in the middle of the apron another LV-426 plate. I haven't seen other LV's have a plate there. But I could be wrong

324502442_845642560002935_8198459654456269591_n (resized).jpg324502442_845642560002935_8198459654456269591_n (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12555 1 year ago

Sorry for the shameless plug here but....
Today is the last day to vote in the Twipys, if you haven't done so already please take the time and vote for the Alien Apron for best mod, we would really appreciate it!

3 months later
#13982 11 months ago

I have added the backbox mod to my machine and it looks fantastic. We are getting close to having these ready as a kit to purchase. We are just waiting for the final cable design to come from our vendor and then we can have them start production.

3 months later
#14557 8 months ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

Thanks, I did not know that they sold an after market apron, where can I find the Apron and beacon set for the SV model.

Thanks for the interest in the apron, more details can be found on our website www.EvolutionModsLLC.com and can also be purchased from our Pinside shop

3 months later
#16329 5 months ago

Evolution Mods LLC is joining in the Black Friday special by offering 10% off our products in our Pinside store, this is our first time joining in. So if you have been holding out buying our Limited Edition Alien Apron now's your chance 10% off everything until 11/28/2023
Coupon Code: EVOLUTIONMODS-BF23

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1440-evolution-mods

1 week later
#16502 4 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yep I see the differences in the boards that are for sale. I contacted PB to see if they might send me the updated boards and hopefully they will. Why should us early adaptors not have what was intended.

Yep happened to me. No free boards but as brado426 says I was given the option to purchase the boards discounted, still cost me over $400 for all the boards though

2 weeks later
#16965 4 months ago

I'm looking forward to seeing some unboxing pics of the RV, who's going to be the first???

#16973 4 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

.on a different note, this is for those of you that purchased the Evolution mods apron...while in the midst of doing a playfield swap I started looking hard at the stainless bracket. I never like the way it just sort of sat there...on my machine it didn't fit right at all, by the time I got done with a file to make it fit, I just had to redesign it...and this is what I came up with. I combined the upper ball guide with the Evolution mods bracket to give it something to stabilize it with other than the coil bracket. After several iterations on the 3d printer, it was pretty much done...but then I was looking at the missing post hole...and then it hit me to add a two piece custom post. I added a slot to add the rubber ring and that was the finish!...I'm going to sell these for 40.00 each+shipping which includes the two piece post...you add your own ring of course....send me a PM if interested, no need to add "add me" through the post. When I get enough to place an order I'll get them in a week or so.

Very ingenious! Well done monkfe

#17048 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Got my machine safely in the gameroom and setup, haven’t played yet.

I can’t find the key for the backglass. I only have the backbox secured with the back latch but I’m assuming the extra 16mm bolt I got use used to secure it.

Do I risk playing with just the latch? Seems like I’m gonna have to contact PB to get a key shipped out.

The key should be hanging in the coin door

#17092 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah they’re usually pretty good probably won’t get much attention since it’s the holiday. What did you do to fix it? I can’t even get it to restore back to 4.0 rebuild.

Have you tried using one of the earlier game images? then updating with the Delta codes, maybe the 4.0 is corrupted. Worth a try seeing as it's the holiday season.

3 weeks later
#17401 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id have to disagree with this. Sure, it costs money to do these things, but at the end of the day, a consumer is expected to pay hundreds of dollars for some flashing lights.

Not worth it in my eyes.

with your analogy the same could be said for a pinball machine. It's a box with flashing lights and yet we all pay up to $13,000 or even more for those.

#17405 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And a LOT of people would say that.. Quite frankly, we are actually all insane to spend that much money on a toy

Yep, I have to agree with that, we must be insane to pay this much on a toy

#17411 3 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

added in my own flashers, used a voltage reducer then tied into the apron beacon board. now these go on with all the beacon modes from apron.

#MeToo

20231216_140641_resized (resized).jpg20231216_140641_resized (resized).jpg20231216_140703_resized (resized).jpg20231216_140703_resized (resized).jpg
#17420 3 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

shouldn't that left side protector plastic be under the orignal plastic?

Now I can't unsee that. Thanks lol

1 month later
#18178 41 days ago

Hey Guys we're running a special offer for TPF.
We are having a sale store wide on our website, get 10% off everything in our store use coupon code TPF202410-OFF and for the Limited Edition Apron we are offering a 15% Discount Use Code TPF-SPECIAL Hurry because the sale ends on Sunday at midnight CST
Https://Evolutionmodsllc.com/store

We hope we will see you there in our booth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider red_devils.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=red_devils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.