100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 377.
#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I believe only 1 container of Q1 games has arrived, Im in Q1 paid in full since end of May and have not received game or any updates. Hoping mine is in the container being tracked above

Ok.. thank you for this information.. So logically speaking any Q3 ship deposits/invoicing should not realistically expect a delivery notification before Q1 2022. I can get back to my life now and start looking again in Jan/Feb 22

#2052 2 years ago

I have owned my Alien for close to two months and while I really enjoy the game, there are a bunch of games on the horizon so after spending some time with Alien, I have decided to list it for sale. I got mine in June and it plays 100%. I added wide body voodoo glass, Titans, swapped out the gen 2 skinny stand ups for Williams 3d targets, and completed many of the fixes outlined in this thread. It currently has 126 plays. Current code is 2.2. I am looking for a cash only / local deal. I am not looking to ship the pin at this time. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Pinside Ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119691

Here is a link to my most recent stream of Alien:

436725EB-CE94-4B57-A4A8-9CD85EEE3F12 (resized).jpeg436725EB-CE94-4B57-A4A8-9CD85EEE3F12 (resized).jpeg8C12195C-CD14-4B36-A1AD-AAD0A9498653 (resized).jpeg8C12195C-CD14-4B36-A1AD-AAD0A9498653 (resized).jpeg
#2053 2 years ago

Looks like my ship has come in!

No tracking number . For those with experience , does FED EX call?

Pinside can breath a sigh of relief as i will no longer have to bitch about this!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Pinside can breath a sigh of relief as i will no longer have to bitch about this!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0c54cb81e172107987523424ec8b614e75af53c2-1629896058-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

I believe I got an email stating I would get a call to schedule delivery. It was very quick from the time I got notified until it was delivered. I got a call about 1-2 days after I got the email. You can also call FedEx and ask them to look it up. Delivery too roughly 3-4 days. I am on the east coast so I suspect a few more days for west coast.

#2055 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I believe I got an email stating I would getting a call to schedule delivery. It was very quick fro. The time I got notified until it was delivered. Roughly 3-4 days. I am on the east coast so I suspect a few more days for west coast.

I got an email first since I have a fedex account, and it gave delivery time options for even the next day

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Pinside can breath a sigh of relief as i will no longer have to bitch about this! [quoted image]

Congratulations! FedEx was super quick - I got a text message from them asking to schedule delivery before I even got a tracking number from CoinTaker. Given you are in PA, you should be enjoying it this weekend!

#2057 2 years ago

Got my shipping notification too from Cointaker on my Q1 order this morning.

#2058 2 years ago

I just got my shipping notification to this morning.

They have my old address though..

#2059 2 years ago

I have owned my Alien for close to two months and while I really enjoy the game, there are a bunch of games on the horizon so after spending some time with Alien, I have decided to list it for sale. I got mine in June and it plays 100%. I added wide body voodoo glass, Titans, swapped out the gen 2 skinny stand ups for Williams 3d targets, and completed many of the fixes outlined in this thread. It currently has 126 plays. Current code is 2.2. I am looking for a cash only / local deal. I am not looking to ship the pin at this time. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Pinside Ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119691
Here is a link to my most recent stream of Alien:
[quoted image][quoted image]

If there's some better game on the horizon than this, I'm sure not seeing it.

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

If there's some better game on the horizon than this, I'm sure not seeing it.

100% THIS!!!!

All I see is Halloween (long time to wait for that game, unless you have an early number) CGC Cactus Canyon, personally I just found it meh, after playing it in Houston in 2019, and a maybe Stern Godzilla, what else is "on the horizon" out there?

#2061 2 years ago

Got mine this morning as wellm had to call and get it delayed as i am out of state this week. I am the second to last Q1 machine i beleive.

#2062 2 years ago

LV details coming September 24th!

5819D83B-CDF7-4F74-A911-E47E1BBEEB0E.jpeg5819D83B-CDF7-4F74-A911-E47E1BBEEB0E.jpeg
#2063 2 years ago

Hmmm..the prices went up

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

100% THIS!!!!
All I see is Halloween (long time to wait for that game, unless you have an early number) CGC Cactus Canyon, personally I just found it meh, after playing it in Houston in 2019, and a maybe Stern Godzilla, what else is "on the horizon" out there?

I frequently move games in and out for streaming and my wife and I had a chance to play several new machines at SFGE. Alien is a great game and I have enjoyed my time with it, just looking to free up funds for a game in the future. My wife is obsessed with GnR after playing it at SFGE and I really enjoyed it too so that one is possibly in our future. With rumors floating about Godzilla, BTTF, etc, I just want to be ready. I have beaten the Alien wizard mode, played and almost beat the wizard mode for Aliens, and was 1 super jackpot shot away from All out War multiball mode. Again, Alien is a great game and selling it will give someone else the chance to enjoy it as well.

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Cato rules ![quoted image]

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Cato rules ![quoted image]

I thought he was Pinside’s favorite house guest?…

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

[quoted image]

Looks like those that got in early were smart. These are some hefty price increases. The LV upgrades better be worth the extra 2k or I may be out.

I get some part prices are increasing but these pinball manufacturers better get these price hikes under control soon or their sales are going to plummet. My paycheck isn't even coming close to keeping up.

#2066 2 years ago

Along with a price increase

#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Along with a price increase

Yeah, love how they just kind of glossed over the fact they just raised the price $800 overnight.

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmmm..the prices went up

Cointaker has not adjusted prices on their website yet.

#2069 2 years ago

Ouch. I'm assuming those prices don't include shipping either

#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Nope, $430 for shipping!

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Raising the price $800 overnight without acknowledging it and with an explanation (increase in parts or business conditions) isnt good business IMO.

Be up front , acknowledge it, and address whether shipping is now included. This release makes them look secretive and sheepish about the increase. Transparency is the best policy.

#2072 2 years ago

I frequently move games in and out for streaming and my wife and I had a chance to play several new machines at SFGE. Alien is a great game and I have enjoyed my time with it, just looking to free up funds for a game in the future. My wife is obsessed with GnR after playing it at SFGE and I really enjoyed it too so that one is possibly in our future. With rumors floating about Godzilla, BTTF, etc, I just want to be ready. I have beaten the Alien wizard mode, played and almost beat the wizard mode for Aliens, and was 1 super jackpot shot away from All out War multiball mode. Again, Alien is a great game and selling it will give someone else the chance to enjoy it as well.

Damn... your problem is you're just too damn good!! I have 22 games and I suck at all of them. This keeps them fresh and always fun to play. hahahahaha

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Nope, $430 for shipping!

That is more than before, right? I may be out. Disappointing.

Note to pinball manufacturers. The demand and pricing for your products isn't inelastic.

#2074 2 years ago

Glad I grabbed a Q2 at $7700. Had been thinking about cancelling my SV and just getting an LV instead, but at a $3k premium now...

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That is more than before, right? I may be out. Disappointing.

I think I paid $500 for shipping. This price increase was inevitable and expected. I was wondering how they were keeping it at $7777 for so long with the global increase of materials and shipping costs. Needless to say, I'm glad I jumped in early despite the issues I had to work through. Like I said before, working through the issues were part of the fun.

#2076 2 years ago

So us early birds who put down deposits months ago are also paying the increase or only new buyers???

Yeah be nice for some transparency as stated above. This damn LV better be earth moving...lol.

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think I paid $500 for shipping. This price increase was inevitable and expected. I was wondering how they were keeping it at $7777 for so long with the global increase of materials and shipping costs. Needless to say, I'm glad I jumped in early despite the issues I had to work through. Like I said before, working through the issues were part of the fun.

All that may be true but $800?! With Covid spiking again and governments tapped out on the stimulus spicket, many of us are going to have to reevaluate these purchases.

My job isn't guaranteed and I'm not getting 10% raises year over year to keep up with these never ending price hikes and inflationary pressures everywhere.

My issue is more about how they announced it. Acknowledge it, address it, and move on.

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

All that may be true but $800?! With Covid spiking again and governments tapped out on the stimulus spicket, many of us are going to have to reevaluate these purchases.
My job isn't guaranteed and I'm not getting 10% raises year over year to keep up with these never ending price hikes and inflationary pressures everywhere.
My issue is more about how they announced it. Acknowledge it, address it, and move on.

Agreed!!!!!

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

100% THIS!!!!

BTTF

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

So us early birds who put down deposits months ago are also paying the increase or only new buyers???
Yeah be nice for some transparency as stated above. This damn LV better be earth moving...lol.

Not on the SV. It says as of now. The LV only put $1 down. Those will be the new price as well as any new SV orders going forward. We always knew the prices seemed low...sucks though

#2081 2 years ago

This damn LV better be earth moving...lol.

"Earth moving" Lol, I really don't see it, on the initial launch they said the only differences with the LV would be cosmetic, game play would be identical to the SV, I don't see $3k worth of "extras" being worth it IMO

Quoted from Utesichiban:

That is more than before, right?

No, that was the price from Cointaker, was in the advertised price and even though it shipped months later than promised they still held the same shipping price. Kudos to Cointaker for holding their promise on shipping price.

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

"Earth moving" Lol, I really don't see it, on the initial launch they said the only differences with the LV would be cosmetic, game play would be identical to the SV, I don't see $3k worth of "extras" being worth it IMO

No, that was the price from Cointaker, was in the advertised price and even though it shipped months later than promised they still held the same shipping price. Kudos to Cointaker for holding their promise on shipping price.

Agreed. Melissa has always been fair and transparent on things when I've dealt with her.

I just think the increase is on the high end of the scale and that Pinball Bros. didn't help themselves by avoiding acknowledging or addressing the elephant in that news release.

#2083 2 years ago

Price increase was inevitable and every manufacturer is doing it. JJP bumped the price of GNR LE by $1k overnight, very early in the run. Stern has an upcoming price hike that is supposed to be significantly larger than their typical annual price bump.

Cato shared some of their frustrations with me on electronic components - one particular component, that is used in many parts of the machine, went up 50x overnight. I've seen similar things first hand when I tried to order a run of assembled PCBs from China - the component prices went up so much compared to a year ago that I thought there was a typo. This is happening in every industry right now.

It does have me rethinking my plan to upgrade my SE to an LV. It will really have to knock my socks off.

#2084 2 years ago

That PB pic shows an open egg pop.. that's not on the SV game.. one of the new LV features?

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Price increase was inevitable and every manufacturer is doing it. JJP bumped the price of GNR LE by $1k overnight, very early in the run. Stern has an upcoming price hike that is supposed to be significantly larger than their typical annual price bump.
Cato shared some of their frustrations with me on electronic components - one particular component, that is used in many parts of the machine, went up 50x overnight. I've seen similar things first hand when I tried to order a run of assembled PCBs from China - the component prices went up so much compared to a year ago that I thought there was a typo. This is happening in every industry right now.
It does have me rethinking my plan to upgrade my SE to an LV. It will really have to knock my socks off.

yes sir....agreed as well.

Might have to use my $1500 deposit for the new gilligan's island.

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I think we all get prices on some components are increasing but an $800 price increase without acknowledging and addressing what you basically said isn't the best way of handling it IMO.

My question is, when global supply chains eventually return to a more normal and prices on this stuff also normalize, are pinball manufacturers going to lower their prices? They are walking a bit of a slippery slope assuming customers will all take these massive increases in stride and keep buying.

As stated earlier, there are significant inflationary pressures throughout the economy even on essentials like food, gas, etc. People's paychecks arent even coming close to keeping up with all of it and discretionary, entertainment items like pinball machines may start feeling that sooner than later.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

That PB pic shows an open egg pop.. that's not on the SV game.. one of the new LV features?

I have one on mine It didn't come with it though lol

20210808_110217 (resized).jpg20210808_110217 (resized).jpg

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

It will be amazing for the 3k more.....lighted side cabinets with storage for beer, 6 subwoofers, larger screen, signed plaque from SW worth 2k , smoke machine and a dripping goo side mod that spits it at you during game play......LOL

#2089 2 years ago

It will be amazing for the 3k more.....lighted side cabinets with storage for beer, 6 subwoofers, larger screen, signed plaque from SW worth 2k , smoke machine and a dripping goo side mod that spits it at you during game play......LOL

Based on that, I think I just found a leaked photo of the LV:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Based on that, I think I just found a leaked photo of the LV:

LMAO! But it doesn't have enough LED's for Royale-W-Cheese though

#2091 2 years ago

Compared to My Mando LE Alien SV looks 10times more complex and more fun to play

I love my Alien and the service is great! Thanks to Cato!

7777.00 was too low, I made a super deal with Melissa at day 2

#2092 2 years ago

Does pinball brothers gonna make a Limited version of Alien ?

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Does pinball brothers gonna make a Limited version of Alien ?

Yes, check their Facebook page

or here....

[quoted image]

#2094 2 years ago

Yea, I'd hate to bother Melissa but I was on the first list and rolled my ~1500 into LV#2 but since it's been pushed back further...I can only assume we have to pay the higher price. Shoulda kept my OG, grabbed the SE, paid my 1 dollar on a LV and sold the SE lol, or buy another OG...it's looking more affordable! haha

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Damn... your problem is you're just too damn good!! I have 22 games and I suck at all of them. This keeps them fresh and always fun to play. hahahahaha

Lol. I wish that were the case. Some games completely break me and I can’t get rid of them fast enough. Every once in a while the stars line up. Those games are usually followed by the worst games I have ever had.

BTW, I spent 14 years living in Lake Forest, CA and hope all is well out your way. I don’t miss the traffic but I do miss the a lot of other things.

#2096 2 years ago

I share the concern that these price hikes, which are at least partly due to higher component costs, will not get rolled back when the components get back to their normal levels. Especially in this hobby that seems to be growing by the day with people with deeper and deeper pockets. The prices of toppers pre-Covid was already escalating at an alarming rate. The next couple of years will be really interesting.

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yea, I'd hate to bother Melissa but I was on the first list and rolled my ~1500 into LV#2 but since it's been pushed back further...I can only assume we have to pay the higher price. Shoulda kept my OG, grabbed the SE, paid my 1 dollar on a LV and sold the SE lol, or buy another OG...it's looking more affordable! haha

Yeah I did the same thing as you....LV 20-ish or so...gonna be a 12 month wait for final product from our deposits date....damn who woulda thought...

Not bailing until the announcement and hope it's more than just cosmetics....

#2098 2 years ago

Okay, so when we get the pin in our hot little hands, is there a link to download the latest code?

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Okay, so when we get the pin in our hot little hands, is there a link to download the latest code?

Found it!

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/home

#2100 2 years ago

Yeah I did the same thing as you....LV 20-ish or so...gonna be a 12 month wait for final product from our deposits date....damn who woulda thought...
Not bailing until the announcement and hope it's more than just cosmetics....

Yeah same here but nowadays 10 K for a game is the norm and since I owned it before it’s a great game! Maybe I can ask Melissa back 1499 lol So I can make interest on that money for another year LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.