20220118_102305 (resized).jpg
Background (resized).jpg
20211103_232047 (resized).jpg
12037453-BBDD-4B02-A406-BD9BDE048EFE (resized).jpeg
20220116_184300 (resized).jpg
3ADDDBF3-EAC1-4582-96E3-BC3F24927719 (resized).jpeg
F1ED69A9-159E-4672-8624-E0802D344158.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 104.
#1951 5 months ago

On a more positive note. I like the Air Lock scoop protector that comes installed on the game. Also the game comes with a bass boost control knob. I thought I would need to add my powered sub woofer to this game and I decided it's not needed. The sound on this game is great!

IMG_6323 (resized).JPG
#1952 5 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

On a more positive note. I like the Air Lock scoop protector that comes installed on the game.

Wait … What …. I just finished altering a Heighway Cliffy to fit …. Mine didn't have anything and was getting banged up , anyone else not get them?

#1953 5 months ago

Could the board be mounted too far to the left under the playfield. Thus pulling the right revive eddy switch out of range?

The proximity switches fit very snuggly into the playfield recesses and can’t be moved. I can cause a switch failure by manually moving the ball tight to the post in either revive lane but it rarely fails to detect during game play.

#1954 5 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Wait … What …. I just finished altering a Heighway Cliffy to fit …. Mine didn't have anything and was getting banged up , anyone else not get them?

Mine doesn't have one either. Sounds like I should request one.

#1955 5 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I didn't get one neither

#1956 5 months ago

CATOOOOOOOO

#1957 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

https://instrumentationtools.com/reed-switch-working-principle/
Below is an example of MRS used in drop targets. Again, activated by magnets.

I am here to learn, so if you have an example of a MRS that is activated by a steel ball and not a magnet, please send me a link.
Thanks!

You have some of the basic principals down - but not all of them, and the KJ Magnetics link covers those basics as well (but not all variations!)- Our MRS' are activated by the steel ball not a magnet...this technology isn't anything new - WMS began using them in 1996 with Safe Cracker up until the end with SWEP1.....thusly - all of our MRS models are indeed activated by ferritic material.

Matt

#1959 5 months ago

Don't use the original PB/HW protector for the Airlock, use a CLIFFY, they fit much better and be more resistant against wear and tear.

#1960 5 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

Don't use the original PB/HW protector for the Airlock, use a CLIFFY, they fit much better and be more resistant against wear and tear.

Have you tried the one from PB? How do you know?

#1961 5 months ago

Anyone here from Australia have one on order?

#1962 5 months ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

An LV

#1963 5 months ago

Just had a shipment arrive in Australia , pics up soon

#1964 5 months ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

SV, not sure if its the full delivery of ordered machines, but patiently waiting to hear

#1965 5 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I never got one.

#1966 5 months ago

Could the board be mounted too far to the left under the playfield. Thus pulling the right revive eddy switch out of range?

When replacing that board, I found the eddy switch was damaged which contributed to the problem. It is still possible to slide a ball by in test mode but hopefully less likely in a game.

#1967 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Just had a shipment arrive in Australia , pics up soon

Pity we're in lockdown

#1968 5 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Didn't get one, either. I just installed my Cliffy for the scoop. Sadly, the measurements were off, so I had to make it fit! Talked to Cliff, and hope to get him measurements from the PB version. There are a few of the protectors that aren't correct.

#1969 5 months ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Didn't get one, either. I just installed my Cliffy for the scoop. Sadly, the measurements were off, so I had to make it fit! Talked to Cliff, and hope to get him measurements from the PB version. There are a few of the protectors that aren't correct.

Yes same here, I got the scoop Cliffy in but had to alter it, and will have to again as the ball gets stuck on it when slowly entering from the back. The Muthur needs altering slightly as well.

#1970 5 months ago

Mine didn't come with a cliffy either. I put mylar on it for now as I don't like how they look. If it begins to get beat up, I'll cliffy it to cover.

#1971 5 months ago

Go to Cliffys' Homepage, there are all Cliffys available, they are all the same and fit on PB either.

#1972 5 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

Go to Cliffys' Homepage, there are all Cliffys available, they are all the same and fit on PB either.

That is not correct. I tested these on a PB Alien, and they did not work. Cliff is working on it.

#1973 5 months ago

Another positive note. I really like the GI RGB colored plastic pieces (don't know what to call them) and the RGB star posts in the game. They don't throw much light but they sure as hell add to the mood of the mode you are playing.

I just noticed that at the start of a game where you can select either to play Alien or Aliens that all the GI colored plastic pieces and posts match the color of the movie, either green or blue. Once you launch the ball the GI goes to white.

IMG_6329 (resized).jpgIMG_6335 (resized).jpgIMG_6336 (resized).JPG
#1974 5 months ago

I really like the GI RGB colored plastic pieces

I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence here. I think they look terrible. My gut wrenched when I saw them the first time. I've come to peace with the situation, but no thanks.

#1975 5 months ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence here. I think they look terrible. My gut wrenched when I saw them the first time. I've come to peace with the situation, but no thanks.

They look better than just metal ball guides. At least these are an improvement to the original game lighting situation.

#1976 5 months ago

They look better than just metal ball guides. At least these are an improvement to the original game lighting situation.

I agree, I like them too

#1977 5 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I agree, I like them too

Agree they’re awesome I love how they change colour depending whats going on, Pink for double scoring , orange for Find Jonesy ….

#1980 5 months ago

Gonna duct tape a flamethrower to it

#1981 5 months ago

Ok, got another sesh on the game today. Froze twice, once when the ball was in the back scoop, did not initiate ball search, tilt didn't register. Second time the trough didn't eject my ambush multiballs and when I drained, that was it.

I increased the magnet strength on the Xeno and I sort of got the ball stuck there twice, once clean and once it kind of just bounced back there. This is a timing (game does not register fast enough) and magnet juice issue me thinks.

I also had to do some proper bending and re-align one of the spinners that clearly had a manufacturing defect. The other is perfect.
right_spinner (resized).jpg

Beat my GC with 1 million more.

#1982 5 months ago

Emailed PB....quick response but no info given on release of the LV edition.

#1983 5 months ago
Quoted from dri:

Ok, got another sesh on the game today. Froze twice, once when the ball was in the back scoop, did not initiate ball search, tilt didn't register. Second time the trough didn't eject my ambush multiballs and when I drained, that was it.
I increased the magnet strength on the Xeno and I sort of got the ball stuck there twice, once clean and once it kind of just bounced back there. This is a timing (game does not register fast enough) and magnet juice issue me thinks.
I also had to do some proper bending and re-align one of the spinners that clearly had a manufacturing defect. The other is perfect.
[quoted image]
Beat my GC with 1 million more.

That sounds like issues that firmware 2.2A fixes. I haven't had a hard lockup since installing 2.2A. I have noticed a few weird things, which I have reported, but no lockups anymore, which is really nice!

#1984 5 months ago

Anybody get an update from Cointaker on the expected shipment?

#1985 5 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Anybody get an update from Cointaker on the expected shipment?

A facebook post on the Saratoga pinball show said they are still waiting for the ship to arrive at port.

Maybe on the 3 month anniversary of payment received

#1986 5 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Emailed PB....quick response but no info given on release of the LV edition.

I am prepping myself for next year early spring before I see my LV. Any sooner it's a bonus.

#1987 5 months ago

So when do we get the new software update that will fix the bugs and maybe add some video clips that we all want.

#1988 5 months ago

Have had many times where the drop targets stop registering. Have to reboot. Hopefully that gets resolved in next update.

#1989 5 months ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

So when do we get the new software update that will fix the bugs and maybe add some video clips that we all want.

Have they said anything about adding additional assets? I hadn't heard that.

#1990 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have they said anything about adding additional assets? I hadn't heard that.

A bird told me that there *might* be additional content added when the run is finished. Take that information with a grain of salt in true pinside fashion.

#1991 5 months ago
Quoted from dri:

A bird told me that there *might* be additional content added when the run is finished. Take that information with a grain of salt in true pinside fashion.

I would love more video clips from the movies then the cheap animated clips that we got now. I know we got a few, but why not add more ? Its so easy done.

#1992 5 months ago

Its so easy done.

It's all copyrighted material and a new agreement has to be in place between PB and Paramount(?) to use additional assets. Current clips are great, animations are stellar. I'd love some more call outs and audio assets for sure.

#1993 5 months ago

I would love more video clips from the movies then the cheap animated clips that we got now.

Cheap animated clips... HUH? The clips are fantastic, I also love the great sound bites from the movie.

I heard from Cato that the Xeno will have more animation than what we have now but it's low on the priority list. All he does now is scream during the game, but when you go into test mode you can test breathe, scream and tease.

#1994 5 months ago

The video assets and deployment (dissolves, scene cuts, etc.) are absolutely some of the best I’ve seen on a pinball machine. Can only gauge from the original as I haven’t seen the VE yet, but hard to imagine a lot would have been pulled out. The different modes of the Xeno add a lot to the build up and hope it gets added to this game as well.

Guess first order of business is to get them out reliably and in #’s…..some concerning points/ problems have been brought up, and dri assessment is a refreshing, realistic read.

Nice to see some have gotten games, just can’t really gauge how many…..20 or so? Maybe more….hoping for the best …..

#1995 5 months ago

I seem to recall doing the calculation of video assets in the game and it's in the neighborhood of 25 minutes. Sure, some of those assets are custom animations (that Kelly knocked outta the park) but there are a LOT of movie assets in the game.

#1996 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I seem to recall doing the calculation of video assets in the game and it's in the neighborhood of 25 minutes. Sure, some of those assets are custom animations (that Kelly knocked outta the park) but there are a LOT of movie assets in the game.

Agreed…Kelly and Dan knocked it out of the park, period. The A/V is ridiculously good on this game!!! (Not to mention you Joe, Brian, and Aurich)…

#1997 5 months ago

Cheap animated clips... HUH? The clips are fantastic, I also love the great sound bites from the movie.
I heard from Cato that the Xeno will have more animation than what we have now but it's low on the priority list. All he does now is scream during the game, but when you go into test mode you can test breathe, scream and tease.

Ok I’ll bite. How do you tease a Xeno? It sounds scandalous. Or does he tease us?

#1998 5 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Ok I’ll bite. How do you tease a Xeno? It sounds scandalous. Or does he tease us?

Tongues n' Balls.

#1999 5 months ago

Hey, that's cool! I never did the Xeno test and I just tried those modes. That will be cool if they integrate those into the game!!

#2000 5 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

In the test mode he opens his mouth then halfway sticks his tongue out then back and closes his mouth

There are 5,198 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 104.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside