100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 377.
#2401 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Same here... I think the only people disappointed are those who were expecting the unreasonable.

Just wait until the people who bought this game without researching it get their games.

#2402 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just wait until the people who bought this game without researching it get their games.

Well, those people won't have the first 20 games ever produced, now will they?

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Well, those people won't have the first 20 games ever produced, now will they?

Right. Fingers crossed a lot of the kinks are worked out by then. At least so far PB has been very responsive and receptive to the feedback.

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

In my honest opinion for a machine that costs this much I think these short comings with the build quality are inexcusable! Do they do any tesitng at all or really care at all
?
I think it's utter BS that so many new owners have forked out all this money and had these issues! Broken flippers (WTF), broken plastic parts, having to re do weak playfield parts, code issues, drop down target failures, shooting lane issues (where you have to put in a bit of soft plastic yourself), xenomorph tongue ball pickup issues, having to sand down flipper parts to get flippers to return properly, wires getting shorted on solenoids because they move around, etc, etc.
Are we paying all this money to be their field testers? Why the fk should we have to act as their quality contol? Not good enough PB!
You may argue "oh it's a new machine" and "bugs need to be sorted". Well fine, give us a discount for the lack of inhouse testing. It's not right for the end paying user to cop this lack of build/test quality. If you let the manufacturer(s) get away with this they will walk all over you.
Sometimes I think you guys are so keen for these machines that you allow the manufacturer to get away with it. Not good practice.
If you let manufactures of anything get away with this then we all pay more and get less. It's on the manufacturer to sort these things out before their product goes to market. Not us the customer!
Not happy!

Do you actually own one? If not I guess you’ll be spending your money elsewhere. See ya

#2405 2 years ago

Alien Ruleset/Guide Link.... some were asking for this. Not sure if everything is 100% port from HW to PB.. check it out.
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_0.pdf

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Alien Ruleset/Guide Link.... some were asking for this. Not sure if everything is 100% port from HW to PB.. check it out.
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_0.pdf

Very Nice rule sheet. Love the colors and images.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Do you actually own one? If not I guess you’ll be spending your money elsewhere. See ya

Same question... Did you buy one @optimiser? If not WTF are you talking about? If any of us early adopters have issues that is for us to decide. Many of us got in early for a reason dude.

#2408 2 years ago

There's version 1.2 available...
Version 1.3 will be released if we get a final update on HW-ALIEN!

#2409 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

There's version 1.2 available...
Version 1.3 will be released if we get a final update on HW-ALIEN!

Send the link please!!

#2410 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

The PB ALIEN rules are substantially the same. 99% of the changes were to the mechanics: the new electronics, the extra magnet, the physical ball lock, etc.

There have been a number of bug fixes over the last few months, some of which existed on the old ALIENs as well. There were also two or three scoring changes to remove some imbalance in very specific situations, that could be used to get really large scores easily.

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:Same here... I think the only people disappointed are those who were expecting the unreasonable.

Ur right its unreasonable at that price to expect a fully working machine.
Can u honestly say that so far its been reasonable?
Don't get me wrong I want one and I appreciate u guys taking the hits but be serious.

Quoted from brado426:

My recommendation to anyone who is considering buying a pinball machine is don't buy one unless you can work on the machine yourself.

Maybe the worse advice ever but it certainly applies to this particular pin.

#2412 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ur right its unreasonable at that price to expect a fully working machine.
Can u honestly say that so far its been reasonable?
Don't get me wrong I want one and I appreciate u guys taking the hits but be serious.

Maybe the worse advice ever but it certainly applies to this particular pin.

I already said so far it has been reasonable... and the support great. Do you think I'm going to answer different if you ask again?

Dude... You are offering bad advice to people if you're telling them to buy a pinball machine that they aren't willing to work on themselves. If I had to hire someone to come out and fix any of my pinball machines, I would get rid of all of them. You can't even find someone to come out and repair and even if you do, they would not be trustworthy or competent. You are setting people up for some serious disappointment and failure if you are offering that advice. And your comment about this only applying to this pinball machine is totally false. You're talking like someone who has never owned a new machine before. Anyhow, I get it... trollers are going to troll.

#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I already said so far it has been reasonable... and the support great. Do you think I'm going to answer different if you ask again?
Dude... You are offering bad advice to people if you're telling them to buy a pinball machine that they aren't willing to work on themselves. If I had to hire someone to come out and fix any of my pinball machines, I would get rid of all of them. You can't even find someone to come out and repair and even if you do, they would not be trustworthy or competent. You are setting people up for some serious disappointment and failure if you are offering that advice. And your comment about this only applying to this pinball machine is totally false. You're talking like someone who has never owned a new machine before. Anyhow, I get it... trollers are going to troll.

There hasn't been a single other machine in years with half this many issues out of the box. What other machine has required 12 parts+ replaced? Or had this many bugs crashing the game? And on a rerelease of an existing game no less

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There hasn't been a single other machine in years with half this many issues out of the box. What other machine has required 12 parts+ replaced? Or had this many bugs crashing the game? And on a rerelease of an existing game no less

I'm just going to have to disagree with your opinion on this. I mean the forums are full of issues with Stern and JJP machines NIB

Sorry you have had to change that many parts I believe that's an exception rather than the rule, myself I changed the Stand up targets for the V2, they didn't break Cato just sent them, and I changed one of the PCB boards where the opto wasn't working, and that took like 15 mins. Besides that and the multiple code updates that Pinball Brothers has put out to fix the minor annoying issues is it. Right now I believe that this machine is playing a lot more stable than the original version ever has. Just my opinion, like it or not.

#2415 2 years ago

Mikey want this game. Mikey want bad. Mikey hope Melissa email Mikey good news soon. Mikey want Alien

#2416 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm just going to have to disagree with your opinion on this. I mean the forums are full of issues with Stern and JJP machines NIB
Sorry you have had to change that many parts I believe that's an exception rather than the rule, myself I changed the Stand up targets for the V2, they didn't break Cato just sent them, and I changed one of the PCB boards where the opto wasn't working, and that took like 15 mins. Besides that and the multiple code updates that Pinball Brothers has put out to fix the minor annoying issues is it. Right now I believe that this machine is playing a lot more stable than the original version ever has. Just my opinion, like it or not.

Cato has been awesome.

I just asked him for new t-molding strip that got bent in shipping and whenever they can send me gen 2 switches. The game plays great. Sometimes I get a couple stuck stand up switches, no big deal....

He emailed me that he sent out a package with 4 new flipper bats with PB on them, All new stand up targets, t molding. I say I cracked a plastic and he even got that thrown in last minute before it went out.

Top notch customer service.

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Cato has been awesome.
I just asked him for new t-molding strip that got bent in shipping and whenever they can send me gen 2 switches. The game plays great. Sometimes I get a couple stuck stand up switches, no big deal....
He emailed me that he sent out a package with 4 new flipper bats wit PB on them, All new stand up targets, t molding. I say I cracked a plastic and he even got that thrown in last minute before it went out.
Top notch customer service.

Great to hear! With all of the help from the initial owners so far I'll be set when mine arrives. I humbly thank you good sirs!

#2418 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Wow is that stupid.

So its bad advice to tell people to buy a NIB pin only if they are willing to work on it? I've owned well over a hundred pins and know many great techs who come by and fix my games, they don't overcharge and have become buddies of mine.

Never said "only applying to this pinball machine" but it does indeed apply to it.

As for the trolling, well if that makes u feel better to label people who are critiquing a very poor launch as trolls cause u need to tell urself its all running smoothly then I guess that's what I'm doing.

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Great to hear! With all of the help from the initial owners so far I'll be set when mine arrives. I humbly thank you good sirs!

I will be happy to help anyone who runs into any issues.

I really don't understand people who moan and whine about stuff not working rather than being happy and excited that they actually have an Alien machine. Show a little gratitude. The support for this game is great... PB has been bending over backwards to help people through the issues. I feel pretty fortunate that I don't have to work with any of these whiners at my job every day.

#2420 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Mikey want this game. Mikey want bad. Mikey hope Melissa email Mikey good news soon. Mikey want Alien

Mikey will be very happy when he get. My pinball buddies who all have 20 plus pins including Elvira, JP, AIQ, LZ, Mando, DP etc are banging down my door to play my Alien. Elvira has been my fav for awhile but she has been getting lonely lately.

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

When is the next round of emails, Mikey?

#2423 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I really don't understand people who moan and whine about stuff not working rather than being happy and excited that they actually have an Alien machine. Show a little gratitude. The support for this game is great... PB has been bending over backwards to help people through the issues. I feel pretty fortunate that I don't have to work with any of these whiners at my job every day.

Don’t let those guys get you down. I personally feel you’re coming from a very logical perspective.
I should be getting mine in the next couple weeks. (I’m all paid in full.)
I expect this game to have some repairs, possibly even more than say A new Stern but I’m cool with that. I’ll take it as a challenge.
If I can’t handle it, I’ll sell it.
Besides, the rules on this game are simply spectacular. I really hope everyone gets one.

#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

possibly even more than say A new Stern

What?

Time to leave. I shouldn't be posting here anyway as its an owners thread and seems to be full of real geniuses.

#2425 2 years ago

Exciting title, and I was in on an OG Alien, but luckily found what Andrew was doing and pulled my deposit. Currently on LV list but these issues seem very systemic and there are quite a few.

I’m going to adopt a wait and see approach and I appreciate you guys doing the field tests. Home tests? Owner tests? I dunno. The testing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2426 2 years ago

Just put an order down for an SV, cant wait to get it!. The issues I've seen so far really seem to be very minor. If you are afraid of having to maintain your machine and fix minor problems, pinball isn't for you.

#2427 2 years ago

You get a piece of past with the new Alien pin.

20210908_075940 (resized).jpg20210908_075940 (resized).jpg
#2428 2 years ago

Tw

Quoted from brado426:

I will be snarky and say forking over 7.7K$ is not enough gratitude?

glad they are making these and i agree to cut some slack for a new machine from a new company but some critical feedback on some of their design choices will help them to prosper.

Love the theme and what i have seen so far, was all set to order a standard but saw they are going to release the specs for the LV so decided to see what that has. The support seems great and is easier to do when only a few games are sold. i hope they fix some of the issues going forward as it might not be so easy to be responsive to 200+ customers with issues ( it gets expensive too!)

#2429 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Tw

I will be snarky and say forking over 7.7K$ is not enough gratitude?

I understand that way of thinking. But I add up the cost of producing this thing in my mind and feel like I got a bargain. R&D, Parts, Manufacturing, Freight, Support.... I'm impressed they were able to pull it off for that price. We all knew there would be price increase considering the current trend of skyrocketing electronics prices. I feel a sense of gratitude because I understand the difficulty of pulling this off.

#2430 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There hasn't been a single other machine in years with half this many issues out of the box.

I can tell you that is completely unequivocally false.

As for the rest of the people going off about it, I get it. However, to say 'this' game is alone in its issues is very disingenuous. Different game, different issues but still issues. I completely agree that for the prices they demand the QA should be much better out of the gate. How the company handles said issues speaks volumes. As long as they keep addressing issues, and sending parts as necessary, I'm sure the later built machines will be more satisfactory. I don't blame anyone for holding out. I myself held out long enough to not be 'first', but probably didn't wait quite long enough. Guess I will see shortly.

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
Time to leave. I shouldn't be posting here anyway as its an owners thread and seems to be full of real geniuses.

Yes it is, now go over to the Elvira thread which you also don’t own and throw down some more useful opinions…
I spent way more time fixing Elvira than Alien and it still has problems with a simple mech like a VUK, it also cost $2000 CAD more

#2432 2 years ago

I've had to do immediate fixes on most of my NIB. Those include Deadpool, Jurassic Park, Iron Maiden, Hot Wheels, and Monster Bash Remake.

#2433 2 years ago

Any other ways to buy this? Haven't got a response back from cointaker after 2 emails. The 3rd quarter link is gone so maybe the SV just isn't available anymore to purchase through them.

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Any other ways to buy this? Haven't got a response back from cointaker after 2 emails. The 3rd quarter link is gone so maybe the SV just isn't available anymore to purchase through them.

I'd just call them up and see if they're still offering.

#2435 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I spoke to Melissa today. She was out some of last week and She's out for the next few days. I have no idea if anyone else covers.

#2436 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I'd just call them up and see if they're still offering.

The "Q1 Sold Out" link to Alien SV on Cointaker will let you pop it in your cart and complete the deposit...

#2437 2 years ago

Ok back to troubleshooting. Has anyone else seen the ball get stuck in the Drop Ship ball guide. Also I had a screw come off.

63089959-70DB-4B21-936D-2DC963308EA5 (resized).png63089959-70DB-4B21-936D-2DC963308EA5 (resized).png
#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Ok back to troubleshooting. Has anyone else seen the ball get stuck in the Drop Ship ball guide. Also I had a screw come off.
[quoted image]

Yes.... that was the first problem I had and fixed. Just bend the rail down slightly and it will permanently fix that issue. Haven't seen that issue since.

#2439 2 years ago

Here's my COIL settings for 2.2E system update. I've found these settings to provide a pretty stable and enjoyable gaming experience.

AUTO LAUNCH - NORMAL
TROUGH RELEASE - 50% WEAKER (this seems to be 99% reliable now. In rare cases, I see it kick out with too much force. PB is aware of this.)
RIGHT FLIPPER - NORMAL
RIGHT SLING - 35% WEAKER (may be too weak.... considering increasing)
DROP RESET - NORMAL (applied a little grease to the metal bracket and it seems to be resetting fine.. still monitoring though)
UPPER RIGHT FLIPPER - NORMAL
LEFT AND RIGHT JETS - NORMAL (is decreasing this value a good idea?)
LEFT FLIPPER - NORMAL
LEFT SLING - 35% WEAKER (may be too weak.... considering increasing)
UPPER LEFT FLIPPER - 15% WEAKER
LEFT EJECT - 50% WEAKER
CENTER MAGNET - NORMAL
LOCK POST - NORMAL
SCOOP KICKER - NORMAL

I'd love to hear if anyone disagrees with any of these settings.

#2440 2 years ago

I set my pops to normal (but adjusted the switches to be more sensitive) and upped my sling power slightly to make the game more lively. I've tried making the magnets stronger too but haven't seen any difference. Rest of mine match yours

#2441 2 years ago

brado426 thanks! Any ideas where the screw is from?

#2442 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

brado426 thanks! Any ideas where the screw is from?

It may be to nothing. I found an uncrimped RJ45 jack in mine. I guess at least this isn't surgery.

#2443 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How much was a Turtle LE again? My Alien was 7777.00

#2444 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Funny enough I got this exact stucky yesterday, but on the other side of the scoop. It wasn't jammed though, feather light nudge shook it loose. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1142338850?t=00h19m50s

Quoted from AD72:

Also I had a screw come off.

Be prepared to find screws over time in this game. I've yet seen a single lock washer on the machine screws. Lock nuts, sure, in some places, but not lock washers (all mechs that hold a coil as an example).

#2445 2 years ago

I can confirm that I experienced the bug where the ball doesn’t release from the scoop unless you press the flipper buttons…..

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can confirm that I experienced the bug where the ball doesn’t release from the scoop unless you press the flipper buttons…..

Me too. Weird bug.

#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have reported this to PB and they are working on it. You will find that the same behavior occurs for the TROUGH, MUTHUR, and BALL LOCK. It is extremely rare to see this. Maybe once in 10 games... though sometimes I've seen it happen a couple times in a game.

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have reported this to PB and they are working on it. You will find that the same behavior occurs for the TROUGH, MUTHUR, and BALL LOCK. It is extremely rare to see this. Maybe once in 10 games... though sometimes I've seen it happen a couple times in a game.

Once in 10 games is not rare.

Thats every 20 mins on location.

This is alarming to say the least.

What im alluding to, is that this game is nowhere fit for location play yet.

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Once in 10 games is not rare.
Thats every 20 mins on location.
This is alarming to say the least.
What im alluding to, is that this game is nowhere fit for location play yet.

I think you missed something.... This is not a game-stopping bug. The game still operates fine when it occurs. It is not alarming at all for on-location play.

#2450 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think you missed something.... This is not a game-stopping bug. The game still operates fine when it occurs. It is not alarming at all for on-location play.

I hope you are right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.