100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 377.
#1401 2 years ago

I just installed the 2.2 update this morning and I notice some pretty big improvements.

Most obvious is that the weak ball launch and ball eject issues seem to be resolved.

Also, I'm not sure yet, but I got Ambush twice and the Alien ate my ball both times. I think there were improvements there for sure. Also, when powering on, the Alien tongue moves faster now so it isn't so loud as before. Previously, I noticed that when the Alien tongue moved during the game, it was fast... just when turning the game on it was slow and loud!

Anyhow, after my experience with this machine so far, I can honestly say it is by far my favorite pinball machine of all time. I do still have a few issues to work out, but despite that, it is soooooooo awesome! I would go as far as to say that I like it better than Funhouse... that is a pretty profound statement considering how much I love Funhouse.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000717055-alien-delta-game-update

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

For those that picked up at CT , were you refunded any shipping charges?

I was told it'd be $175 off, but I didn't end up driving down

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just installed the 2.2 update this morning and I notice some pretty big improvements.
Most obvious is that the weak ball launch and ball eject issues seem to be resolved.
Also, I'm not sure yet, but I got Ambush twice and the Alien ate my ball both times. I think there were improvements there for sure. Also, when powering on, the Alien tongue moves faster now so it isn't so loud as before. Previously, I noticed that when the Alien tongue moved during the game, it was fast... just when turning the game on it was slow and loud!
Anyhow, after my experience with this machine so far, I can honestly say it is by far my favorite pinball machine of all time. I do still have a few issues to work out, but despite that, it is soooooooo awesome! I would go as far as to say that I like it better than Funhouse... that is a pretty profound statement considering how much I love Funhouse.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000717055-alien-delta-game-update

Attract mode sounds off is my favorite

#1404 2 years ago

Wonder how much it costs to ship these things overseas...I assume they get some sort of bulk cost, but it's gotta be over 500 each doesn't it?

Good to hear about the update. Keep them coming.

#1405 2 years ago

Where do you download the file, it’s not on the PB website?

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where do you download the file, it’s not on the PB website?

That one doesn’t work? (Haven’t tried myself).

CBB24D66-8902-4F05-83BC-07DC43D71DC6 (resized).jpegCBB24D66-8902-4F05-83BC-07DC43D71DC6 (resized).jpeg
#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Attract mode sounds off is my favorite
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"721eb503d363a8ebe58efde69e4972dbafc02bfe-1624983992-1800"};
//]]>

Thank God for that one!

Had to reboot the machine a few times after updating before it sorted itself out (first had no display, then no pf lights, etc). Some nice new options added. There's also an "adjust game" menu that only appears during a game. Not sure if that's new or I just never noticed it before but it's super handy! Every game should have this.

Xeno does seem to be better at grabbing balls now? I'm 3 for 3 on attempts on this new code, before I was getting maybe 1 out of 5. Maybe I'm just lucky this time though.

Looks like they're working on a new version of the standup targets, but won't have info until next month. Mine have been spotty, sometimes working great, sometimes not.

Will play test more and see if the stability has improved at all...

#1408 2 years ago

Any news on the second shipment arriving to the US yet?

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

That one doesn’t work? (Haven’t tried myself).
[quoted image]

Yep I guess that's it. It's only 387 KB?

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yep I guess that's it. It's only 387 KB?

Yup. It's a .tar.gz compressed file, if you're curious like I was

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Any news on the second shipment arriving to the US yet?

From CT after I discovered my game was not in the first container (I'm #32): "…yours is coming very soon."

I interpret that as Christmas given we were promised games in February.

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

From CT after I discovered my game was not in the first container (I'm #32): "…yours is coming very soon."
I interpret that as Christmas given we were promised games in February.

I hope not that long. I don't mind waiting until September though and get all the kinks worked out and software updates. I gotta make room too

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I gotta make room too

I have that sorted already. This is the upgrade plan:

- Stern Trek Premium => PB Alien
- SWEP1 => Mando LE

I have two holes in one of my rows at the moment.

Edit: My Voodoo Glass for Alien arrived today for me to look at.

#1414 2 years ago

Gave mine a new look with some color.

IMG_2222 (resized).jpgIMG_2222 (resized).jpgIMG_2223 (resized).jpgIMG_2223 (resized).jpg
#1415 2 years ago

Cool! Now also do the chrome trim in green

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Cool! Now also do the chrome trim in green

Would love to but I am afraid of damaging it during removal I will wait until someone else does it maybe there is a way to not bend the trim.

#1417 2 years ago

Pretty sharp looking!

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Gave mine a new look with some color.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice except for those flipper buttons, cant you find buttons with a more fitting green color?

#1419 2 years ago

Updated the code last night. Played one game and it worked fine. After the game ended it stuck in attract mode. No switch's worked. Could not press start, coin mechs stopped working, service buttons stopped working. I power cycled the game and got the I/O board not found error. Continued to get the error for the next couple hours of trying to start the game until I gave up. At this point it won't boot and is therefore unplayable.

Hard to say if it is related to the update or not. Earlier in the day we were fairly busy and it was getting a lot of play. We would have to shut it off and reboot several times. Each time it took more tries to get past the "I/O not found" screen.

For those that do not have theirs yet: If this screen comes up, it will continue to boot the game and sometimes looks like everything is fine. But no buttons or switches work. Its just locked up. Other times you will have either no screen, or no insert lamps, or neither. The PB website says its a known issue to be resolved in the next update. We are to power cycle the game to resolve the issue until then.

I was assuming this new update would resolve it, but it definitely didn't. Still waiting to hear back from PB.

#1420 2 years ago

In Derelict Ship mode where you have to hit the eggs/pops...should both loops feed to the pops? Seems as though only my right orbit shot gets the up-post to drop it to the eggs and left orbit shoots all the way around.
I think there is a blue insert on the right, so maybe that is the shot that is intended? I would think both orbits should feed the pops?

I haven't played many games yet, so I could just be confused as to the rules so far.

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

In Derelict Ship mode where you have to hit the eggs/pops...should both loops feed to the pops? Seems as though only my right orbit shot gets the up-post to drop it to the eggs and left orbit shoots all the way around.
I think there is a blue insert on the right, so maybe that is the shot that is intended? I would think both orbits should feed the pops?
I haven't played many games yet, so I could just be confused as to the rules so far.

It seems like the blue one always stops it in the pops, but the green one does sometimes (maybe there's some other factor besides the mode at work?)

Quoted from drypaint:

I was assuming this new update would resolve it, but it definitely didn't. Still waiting to hear back from PB

Yeah, it's hard to even know what to expect when they still don't have a list of the changes up

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Updated the code last night. Played one game and it worked fine. After the game ended it stuck in attract mode. No switch's worked. Could not press start, coin mechs stopped working, service buttons stopped working. I power cycled the game and got the I/O board not found error. Continued to get the error for the next couple hours of trying to start the game until I gave up. At this point it won't boot and is therefore unplayable.
Hard to say if it is related to the update or not. Earlier in the day we were fairly busy and it was getting a lot of play. We would have to shut it off and reboot several times. Each time it took more tries to get past the "I/O not found" screen.
For those that do not have theirs yet: If this screen comes up, it will continue to boot the game and sometimes looks like everything is fine. But no buttons or switches work. Its just locked up. Other times you will have either no screen, or no insert lamps, or neither. The PB website says its a known issue to be resolved in the next update. We are to power cycle the game to resolve the issue until then.
I was assuming this new update would resolve it, but it definitely didn't. Still waiting to hear back from PB.

So, you have no recovery from this? That's a hell of a 'code issue' if so.

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

look for ferrets posts on this ... believe he said its situational based on what else may be active / lit

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It seems like the blue one always stops it in the pops, but the green one does sometimes (maybe there's some other factor besides the mode at work?)

Correct, the blue ("explore") shot will always raise the up-post. The green shot will not affect the decision to raise it or not.

If there is an important award at the upper loop or side ramp (such as Super Jackpot, lock lit, or extra ball lit), then the post will always raise from either orbit.

#1425 2 years ago

Cool. It took me a game or two to notice that.
What is everyone's method for feeding/setting up the upper right flipper shot? Hope it comes out of the pops to the right? (mine mostly exits to the left) or try and shoot it from the upper left flipper? I haven't dialed that shot in. I try and hit it from the lower left flipper but that is really tough.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, you have no recovery from this? That's a hell of a 'code issue' if so.

Just waiting to find out. But I can't say its a code update issue. Its possible it could be a coincidence. I was just reporting here to let others know and to see if anyone else had the issue, resolution, etc.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Just waiting to find out. But I can't say its a code update issue. Its possible it could be a coincidence. I was just reporting here to let others know and to see if anyone else had the issue, resolution, etc.

Gotcha.

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Yeah, I haven't seen anything like that with my code update. It was super easy and fast to update and just seemed to make everything better. I should get my replacement BALL 1 LOCK opto today and I still need to sand a couple of my flippers as described in the previous video. Then I should be fully functional.

#1429 2 years ago

Nice to read some good news after last week or so. Code sounds like starting to pick off some of the issues at least

#1430 2 years ago

Somewhat of an update from Melissa at Cointaker on the second container delivering more first quarter games that people already paid their invoices on....

melissa cointaker.com
11:50 AM (37 minutes ago)
to me

hoping in 2-3 weeks…they are being loaded on container next week from what I hear…was supposed to happen already but container shortages

#1431 2 years ago

Did they ever get pallets? Doesn't matter when the games get here if they aren't going to ship them out. lol.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did they ever get pallets? Doesn't matter when the games get here if they aren't going to ship them out. lol.

They said the next batch should come with them last I heard

Quoted from gliebig:

What is everyone's method for feeding/setting up the upper right flipper shot? Hope it comes out of the pops to the right? (mine mostly exits to the left) or try and shoot it from the upper left flipper? I haven't dialed that shot in. I try and hit it from the lower left flipper but that is really tough.

It's definitely tough. I've been using the upper left flipper to shoot up the lane, but even then sometimes it flies up so fast it hits the pops and comes out the left again. The new magnet helps, but not as much as I'd hoped. I'm thinking about trying to 3d print a one way bracket to keep balls in the chestburster lane from going back into the pops

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Cool. It took me a game or two to notice that.

You might try making the pop bumper closest to the chest burster lane less sensitive.

#1434 2 years ago

Update on my game. After speaking with Cato, he thinks I have a bad I/O board #6 underneath the playfield near the APC targets. We tried replacing the cat-5e cable going from that board to the playfield controller and still doesn’t work right. Sad thing about this BS is that there are no boards available until next week. So hopefully they send one out next week but probably several weeks before I see anything. Pretty disappointed in a $8K purchase.

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Update on my game. After speaking with Cato, he thinks I have a bad I/O board #6 underneath the playfield near the APC targets. We tried replacing the cat-5e cable going from that board to the playfield controller and still doesn’t work right. Sad thing about this BS is that there are no boards available until next week. So hopefully they send one out next week but probably several weeks before I see anything. Pretty disappointed in a $8K purchase.

does that mean you are a point where your game will not fully boot either? As in... You can't play a game?

#1436 2 years ago

Occasionally my game has problems booting up too. When it does boot up correctly I can play a game but can’t really advance any of the modes as the switches are not registering on basically the whole right side of the playfield.

#1437 2 years ago

Cato said I could try and re flow the solder on that connector on board #6 so I’ll try and mess around with it tonight.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is anyone's game working 100% OOB?

Someone in the other thread claims theirs is working fine...but I don't know if they had any issues at all or if they have an OG...

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is anyone's game working 100% OOB?

I don't think so as far as I've seen. Granted most of the issues are small, a couple have bigger issues like a bad node board. I feel bad for those guys.

Personally, I've had a bad CAT-5e cable easily fixed with the help from PB, I currently have sticky targets as mentioned in their bulletin, PB are sending me the new targets next week, I guess I could take a Dremel to them like some have some but I'm not there yet I also had the trough issue where the plunger would stick up too far not allowing the balls to go to the end of the trough, another easy fix following the PB bulletin. I have updated the software to the 2.2 version but it hasn't helped with the Xeno catching and eating the ball My one issue that I haven't been able to fix is my right ramp opto is bad, but PB are sending me a new one with the targets. It's a pain because it makes it almost impossible to finish any of the modes or to get to the multipliers.

So as far as I'm concerned I have no buyers remorse over this pin I went in with eyes wide open and fully excepted to be doing some tweaking along the way. if you're not ready to tweak and fix minor issues then I guess owning a pinball machine at home isn't for you. With the support I have received from PB I'm sure they will get my remaining issues fixed in due time. I waited for six months for the machine to arrive waiting a little longer to fix it is no big deal.

I don't think this machine is having any worse issues than that of Stern, JJP or any other "new" title out of the box, JJP are having major playfield issues again, Stern with their latest release are having the weld break on diverter brackets and people are resorting to welding their own machines to fix them. Couple that with broken plastics with the same machine, when put in perspective I think PB have done a fine job with their first machine. The people who were prepared to wait for a year will be the ones who benefit from all the tweaking us early adopters have had to go through as all the fixes will be in the newest builds. There's nothing new here that we all haven't seen before. We get to play a fantastic machine that has been financially out of our reach for years, anyway enough rambling and back to playing.
Keep flipping guys

Red Devils out...

#1441 2 years ago

well - I've been playing this game for about a week (dedicated) and I can confidently say that Pinball Brothers did it. We have a new more refined alien pinball machine for a fantastic price. For those that don't like to tinker at all with your machines however, be prepared to be frustrated upon unboxing. From my experience, I had multiple "issues" when I unboxed which I was able to resolve myself but I must state that they were there, and many others have experienced them too (NIB owners). Good news is that thus far, it was an initial group of challenges that were minor, no doubt and I have been playing trouble free since then.

See my impressions below. I've owned 3 OG aliens before and played this game a ton so I know what to expect. This game is still my absolute favorite and PB's updates makes it even better.

-Love that new backbox. Great art and the lighting is very nice. High quality for sure. Chrome trim is also very nice. Still not a huge fan of the silver around the cab itself but that's what powder is for. Art on the cab is nice too - not low quality at all.
- The game is def brighter. everywhere. Insert lights, by the flippers, Much brighter than OG however it's still dark and keeps that great vibe.
- Playfield quality is very nice. OG had a great PF too and it was nice to see this one come high quality too.
- The sound on OG was incredible and I'm happy to report it's equally represented here as well however you NEED an external sub. Big time diff when I added that.
- Flipper strength is good, however my OG felt stronger (even too strong). Not sure the flipper strength adjustments work well though on the current code. They should look into that
- Pop bumpers are much more effective than my OGs. They pop like old school williams. Huge upgrade from my experience. Also the open egg pop bumper works on this version
- LOVE the new magnet on the top right along with the additional scoop entrance (which leads to additional strategy when shooting) and the hard lock. These are all great additions.
- Playfield speed/feel is very good. OG was very good as well - feels just like it.
- Beacons (or lack there of) is a bummer. Very cool on OG and really needs to be figured out on how to hook up. Mine are ready! Also no side art is a bummer too but I'm sure those will be coming (and lit as well).
- Stand up targets feel great and appear to be more durable than OG.
- The screen on the head is very nice. Bigger than stern but not as big as JJP. Any smaller, it would have been bad but the current size is fine. The lack of PF screen was actually better than I thought too. It made me look at the main screen since it was no longer a redundant screen (ala OG). During alien mb it actually made me feel much more pressured b/c I had to occasionally look up to see the screen vs always having that in front of me. This led to having the feeling where in the movie they had to look at the actual bugs on the radar screen and then shoot just like I'm now doing in the pinball game (looking at the screen on the head unit and then back down to make my shots). Very cool.
- Absolutely hate the lockdown bar this game has. Prob the worse one I've ever used.
- I believe there is some new game over music too. Music on this pin in general is some of the best, if not the best in pinball.
- Underneath the playfield is absolutely stunning and streamlined. Great job PB.
- I've said this many times before, but nicest ramps in pinball ever. Gorgeous in person.
- Mylar your scoop and shooter asap!
- Apron is better than before - just needs something on the left side. I'm thinking a sticker or something along those lines.
- Material used on the sling shot bugs is stronger and more durable. I could tell by touching them. OG they would break apart. Nice to see that update made here.
- Xeno tongue works well however upon startup, the tongue comes out much slower and grinds. Doesn't happen during normal play though. OG it would boot up and act the same (as in normal gameplay).

Some fixes I applied to mine:

1) Both scoop and saucer needed to be adjusted. I ended up using some velcro tape and added it to both. The left saucer now kicks out very smooth to top left flipper where before it was a mess - didnt line up at all. The scoop was shooting too far to the left but the velcro trick helped resolve that as well. I just applied a piece underneath the scoop on the left side and its better. For the saucer I applied it against the left rail. See pics below. You can't see either from the players perspective.
2) Xeno had an error when I initially started up. I ended up resolving by going into the test menu and running calibration
3) Left flipper wire broke off - didn't work. Had to solder that back.
4) Ball trough - mine would get jammed (coil release would stick up) restricting the next ball from being released. I greased it a little and no more issues.
5) Turn around ramp - I had to bend mine down a little otherwise I was getting a ball stuck in there.

For this price in this insane market, this game is a steal. Will I sell mine for the collectors when that is released - hell yes. But that's b/c this game is my fav and I now know PB is not joking around. Happy to have alien back and happy to see many others will be able to enjoy this unbelievable game. Whether it's the OG (which is a great experience as well) or PBs, this game need to be experienced by the community. It's one of the best.
6AE6E896-FA9C-4EBC-B060-8BA532C8794C (resized).jpeg6AE6E896-FA9C-4EBC-B060-8BA532C8794C (resized).jpegE5851EE3-3412-42A4-BC71-C0EAB3F317AC (resized).jpegE5851EE3-3412-42A4-BC71-C0EAB3F317AC (resized).jpeg

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Someone in the other thread claims theirs is working fine...but I don't know if they had any issues at all or if they have an OG...

That was me. I had the sticky flipper issue which I fixed. Only other issue was the skinny stand up targets getting stuck. I fixed those but they are sending me the new style. Other than that, my game is playing 100% right now.

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

well - I've been playing this game for about a week (dedicated) and I can confidently say that Pinball Brothers did it. We have a new more refined alien pinball machine for a fantastic price. For those that don't like to tinker at all with your machines however, be prepared to be frustrated upon unboxing. From my experience, I had multiple "issues" when I unboxed which I was able to resolve myself but I must state that they were there, and many others have experienced them too (NIB owners). Good news is that thus far, it was an initial group of challenges that were minor, no doubt and I have been playing trouble free since then.
See my impressions below. I've owned 3 OG aliens before and played this game a ton so I know what to expect. This game is still my absolute favorite and PB's updates makes it even better.
-love that new backbox. Great art and the lighting is very nice. High quality for sure. Chrome trim is also very nice. Still not a huge fan of the silver around the cab itself but that's what powder is for. Art on the cab is nice too - not low quality at all.
- The game is def brighter. everywhere. Insert lights, by the flippers, Much brighter than OG however it's still dark and keeps that great vibe.
- Playfield quality is very nice. OG had a great PF too and it was nice to see this one come high quality too.
- The sound on OG was incredible and I'm happy to report it's equally represented here as well however you NEED an external sub. Big time diff when I added that.
- Flipper strength is good, however my OG felt stronger (even too strong). Not sure the flipper strength adjustments work well though on the current code. They should look into that
- Pop bumpers are much more effective than my OGs. They pop like old school williams. Huge upgrade from my experience. Also the open egg pop bumper works on this version
- LOVE the new magnet on the top right along with the additional scoop entrance (which leads to additional strategy when shooting) and the hard lock. These are all great additions.
- Playfield speed/feel is very good. OG was very good as well - feels just like it.
- Beacons (or lack there of) is a bummer. Very cool on OG and really needs to be figured out on how to hook up. Mine are ready! Also no side art is a bummer too but I'm sure those will be coming (and lit as well).
- stand up targets feel great and appear to be more durable than OG.
- The screen on the head is very nice. Bigger than stern but not as big as JJP. Any smaller, it would have been bad but the current size is fine. The lack of PF screen was actually better than I thought too. It made me look at the main screen since it was no longer a redundant screen (ala OG). During alien mb it actually made me feel much more pressured b/c I had to occasionally look up to see the screen vs always having that in front of me. This led to having the feeling where in the movie they had to look at the actual bugs on the radar screen and then shoot just like I'm now doing in the pinball game (looking at the screen on the head unit and then back down to make my shots). Very cool.
- Absolutely hate the lockdown bar this game has. Prob the worse one I've ever seen.
- I believe there is some new game over music too. Music on this pin in general is some of the best, if not the best in pinball.
- underneath the playfield is absolutely stunning and streamlined. Great job PB.
- I've said this many times before, but nicest ramps in pinball ever. Gorgeous in person.
- Apron is better than before - just needs something on the left side. I'm thinking a sticker or something along those lines.
- material used on the sling shot bugs is stronger and more durable. I could tell by touching them. OG they would break apart. Nice to see that update made here.
- Xeno tongue works well however upon startup, the tongue comes out much slower and grinds. Doesn't happen during normal play though. OG it would boot up and act the same (as in normal gameplay).
1) Both scoop and saucer needed to be adjusted. I ended up using some velcro tape and added it to both. The left saucer now kicks out very smooth to top left flipper where before it was a mess - didnt line up at all. The scoop was shooting to far to the left but the velcro trick helped resolve that as well. I just applied a piece underneath the scoop on the left side and its better. For the saucer I applied it against the left rail. See pics below. You can't see either from the players perspective.
2) Xeno had an error when I initially started up. I ended up resolving by going into the test menu and running calibration
3) Left flipper wire broke off - didn't work. Had to solder that back]
4) Ball trough - mine would get jammed (coil release would stick up) restricting the next ball from being released. I greased it a little and no more issues.
5) Turn around ramp - I had to bend mine down a little otherwise I was getting a ball stuck in there.
For this price in this insane market, this game is a steal. Will I sell mine for the collectors when that is released - hell yes. But that's b/c this game is my fav and I now know PB is not joking around. Happy to have alien back and happy to see many others will be able to enjoy this unbelievable game. Whether it's the OG (which is a great experience as well) or PBs, this game need to be experienced by the community. It's one of the best.

Thanks for the detailed review. I am a waiting buyer. Very interested in this game but want to make sure Pinball Bros. is in this for the long haul and most kinks are worked out before taking the plunge.

This gives me hope they can work most of this stuff out in the next several months.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

-love that new backbox. Great art and the lighting is very nice. High quality for sure. Chrome trim is also very nice. Still not a huge fan of the silver around the cab itself but that's what powder is for. Art on the cab is nice too - not low quality at all.
- stand up targets feel great and appear to be more durable than OG.
- Absolutely hate the lockdown bar this game has. Prob the worse one I've ever seen.
- underneath the playfield is absolutely stunning and streamlined. Great job PB.
- material used on the sling shot bugs is stronger and more durable. I could tell by touching them. OG they would break apart. Nice to see that update made here.
1) Both scoop and saucer needed to be adjusted. I ended up using some velcro tape and added it to both. The left saucer now kicks out very smooth to top left flipper where before it was a mess - didnt line up at all. The scoop was shooting to far to the left but the velcro trick helped resolve that as well. I just applied a piece underneath the scoop on the left side and its better. For the saucer I applied it against the left rail. See pics below. You can't see either from the players perspective.
3) Left flipper wire broke off - didn't work. Had to solder that back]

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote. I knew what I entered into and am patiently waiting for the fix. Indiana Jones is the perfect game to have next to it. I think they are very similar in an odd way. Indian Jones is my favorite pin. Alien is my second favorite. Mine are not together right now, but they are only 4 pins away in the same row... Lol.

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote. I knew what I entered into and am patiently waiting for the fix. Indiana Jones is the perfect game to have next to it. I think they are very similar in an odd way. Indian Jones is my favorite pin. Alien is my second favorite. Mine are not together right now, but they are only 4 pins away in the same row... Lol.

If Alien is even close to as good as IJ, I'm in... once all the glitches are worked out .

#1446 2 years ago

delt31 has me drooling, I’m ready to get back in the club.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Thank God for that one!
Had to reboot the machine a few times after updating before it sorted itself out (first had no display, then no pf lights, etc). Some nice new options added. There's also an "adjust game" menu that only appears during a game. Not sure if that's new or I just never noticed it before but it's super handy! Every game should have this.
Xeno does seem to be better at grabbing balls now? I'm 3 for 3 on attempts on this new code, before I was getting maybe 1 out of 5. Maybe I'm just lucky this time though.
Looks like they're working on a new version of the standup targets, but won't have info until next month. Mine have been spotty, sometimes working great, sometimes not.
Will play test more and see if the stability has improved at all...

Maybe you you would have done a Factory reset ?
I did it on mine and reboot manually as i was expecting it to do it to finish processing (but i guess i'm too much microsoft brained now :p)

#1448 2 years ago

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

-Love that new backbox. Great art and the lighting is very nice. High quality for sure. Chrome trim is also very nice. Still not a huge fan of the silver around the cab itself but that's what powder is for. Art on the cab is nice too - not low quality at all.
- Absolutely hate the lockdown bar this game has. Prob the worse one I've ever used.
- Underneath the playfield is absolutely stunning and streamlined. Great job PB.
- Material used on the sling shot bugs is stronger and more durable. I could tell by touching them. OG they would break apart. Nice to see that update made here.
1) Both scoop and saucer needed to be adjusted. I ended up using some velcro tape and added it to both. The left saucer now kicks out very smooth to top left flipper where before it was a mess - didnt line up at all. The scoop was shooting too far to the left but the velcro trick helped resolve that as well. I just applied a piece underneath the scoop on the left side and its better. For the saucer I applied it against the left rail. See pics below. You can't see either from the players perspective.

Great review, thanks for doing that!

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks delt31 for the detailed review.

You mentioned you hate the lockdown bar, can you elaborate? Is it the way it latches or the feel when you're playing?

Also have you done the s/w upgrade? As brado426 indicated that after the upgrade he found the tongue moves faster at startup and isn't as loud

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
There are 18,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.