pasted_image (resized).png
2C888247-CC25-46E4-993C-1D1A5C906408 (resized).jpeg
DBE75255-A3C3-4A18-814B-D6867C292D14 (resized).jpeg
99A18A74-9E49-418D-B3A2-0255EFAD7FFB (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210510_195256 (resized).jpg
EDE8887B-F907-4583-8137-000827BC88D3 (resized).jpeg
81BDACF8-24B3-46D7-8EB1-88D5746165CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3577 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 72.
#151 9 months ago

Yea, relax pls, give them time hope to play end 2021/ begin 2022 to play on my LV

#152 9 months ago

They are in the 'oh shit ppl ordered it, now we have to produce something' phase.

#153 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are in the 'oh shit ppl ordered it, now we have to produce something' phase.

They're probably taking a much-needed holiday break.

#154 9 months ago

yup.. they are all out taking a holiday in their newest investment! I believe they named this hydrfoil ferry the "SS Pre-Orders"

images.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
#155 9 months ago

I for one am looking forward to this pin...Can't wait to see the gameplay...great theme!

#156 9 months ago

So I just finished watchin Alien Anthology and out of the 4 movies Aliens was by far the best of them. What are your thoughts?

#157 9 months ago

Aliens is best, but the original is dope as well

#158 9 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Agreed! So glad the pin is based on the first 2 movies anything else would have been tragic

#159 9 months ago

Let's hope this will be good come 2022

#161 9 months ago

Who wants one??

11027034_1 (resized).jpg11027034_1(2) (resized).jpg
#162 9 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Let's hope this will be good come 2022

God i hate those faked trailers...

#163 9 months ago

Starting to get ready.... already ordered the open egg from back ally this is one the face hugger came with. Come on Pinball Brothers we need some news

20210102_133443 (resized).jpg
#164 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Starting to get ready.... already ordered the open egg from back ally this is one the face hugger came with. Come on Pinball Brothers we need some news
[quoted image]

Do they currently sell this with the facehugger?

#165 9 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do they currently sell this with the facehugger?

I found this on Ebay, I thought I'd better snag it up quick because once the games start shipping they will be hard to find. Back Ally still sells the open egg and I've got one of those coming also for the same reason

#166 9 months ago

How big is that?

#167 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How big is that?

The egg it's in is 2.5" tall, it will be perfect for the open egg pop bumper from Back Ally Creations probably the same size

#168 9 months ago

Cointaker state standard edition shipping 2nd quarter 2021. Has that recently changed?

https://cointaker.com/products/alien-pinball-deposit-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers-10ca2fe5-82b0-42cc-8d73-8bf6c1685e29

#169 9 months ago

This is the second “deposit” that they put up after the first one (for Q1 2021) sold out. I was very early in the first one but still haven’t heard anything about my actual position in line or when we might be getting the games. I plan to give Melissa a call tomorrow.

#170 9 months ago

Just saw this posted in the original Alien thread. Credit to TomDK for the picture

quoted text... "A picture from the factory hall BuT Hamburg."

4c3e025cdd3765c61a4e43fc0dda1fb882ab4ec3 (resized).jpg
#171 9 months ago

To clarify ... "factory hall" is the production of the playfields.
The machine itself is build in Italy ! However .. the playfields are "made in germany".

#172 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

"A picture from the factory hall BuT Hamburg."

Hands down the best playfield in the biz. My F14 PF he made was like glass with stock clear, no pooling, no craters.

#173 9 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

First one is best. Aliens was like some nerdy 15 year old wrote the script. Nobody talks like those army guys. The dialogue was so over the top and stupid. That stupid army woman running around with the biggest gun or was it a flamethrower, can't remember, was ridiculous too.

#174 9 months ago
Quoted from facelift:

First one is best. Aliens was like some nerdy 15 year old wrote the script. Nobody talks like those army guys. The dialogue was so over the top and stupid. That stupid army woman running around with the biggest gun or was it a flamethrower, can't remember, was ridiculous too.

Um...I disagree. Have you ever been in the military, especially back then? It was tame compared to what really gets said. Also, those guns were on supports - you know..future stuff.

That being said, I love both movies. I pretty much can't watch one without watching the other.

#175 9 months ago
Quoted from facelift:

It was a smart gun.

#176 9 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

It was a smart gun.

I have a HCG replica still in the box somewhere I haven't opened yet. When I get my pin I'll definitely get it out for display. Might be a little big for a topper though at 4 feet long
Smart_Gun_800_1 (resized).jpgSmart_Gun_800_16 (resized).jpg
Smart_Gun_800_5 (resized).jpg

Edit: Found it!
IMG_20210105_214124~2 (resized).jpg

#177 9 months ago

Alien and Aliens are one of the best movie pairings ever made imo. Both masterfully done, each really existing inside their own sub genre, and yet they go together so well.

Alien is a suspense film. Amazing set designs, great humanistic portrayals of blue collar workers in space. You rarely even see the xeno until the end, and yet it also has one of the most famously disturbing violent scenes in cinema. The chest burster scene was unparalleled for years. The effects of the whole film hold up very well.

Aliens takes the first film and flips it on its head. We go from blue collar workers to soldiers. Both existing within a relationship with a controlling corporation, that's the constant thread, but now it's a war film. We go from barely seeing the xeno to being swarmed by them. There's still suspense, but it's not horror in the dark, it's an action film. Nothing feels repeated or formulaic, the connections between the films are fabulous but each really holds their own.

Both have a wonderful balance between the humanity of the characters, who aren't just there to be killed off like in so many more by the number horror films, but also the wonderful design of the aliens. The eggs, facehuggers, chesbursters, xeno drones, the Queen, the space jockey, his ship, just everything actually "alien" about the movies was so well done. HR Geiger was a genius, and there were two visionary directors with long careers ahead of them who made the most of it all.

I don't hate the third film, but they threw out all that development for something that never measured up. It's not a terrible movie, but hardly worth of being part of a trilogy. I'm happy to forget the fourth film even exists, it was not only not good, it took the only really meaningful thing the third film had to offer, Ripley's sacrifice, and just flushed it all down the toilet. Bleh.

The license would have allowed the third movie to be in the pin (not sure about the fourth, only remember discussion of the third). Nobody wanted it. Definitely the right call imo.

#178 9 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien and Aliens are one of the best movie pairings ever made imo. Both masterfully done, each really existing inside their own sub genre, and yet they go together so well.
Alien is a suspense film. Amazing set designs, great humanistic portrayals of blue collar workers in space. You rarely even see the xeno until the end, and yet it also has one of the most famously disturbing violent scenes in cinema. The chest burster scene was unparalleled for years. The effects of the whole film hold up very well.
Aliens takes the first film and flips it on its head. We go from blue collar workers to soldiers. Both existing within a relationship with a controlling corporation, that's the constant thread, but now it's a war film. We go from barely seeing the xeno to being swarmed by them. There's still suspense, but it's not horror in the dark, it's an action film. Nothing feels repeated or formulaic, the connections between the films are fabulous but each really holds their own.
Both have a wonderful balance between the humanity of the characters, who aren't just there to be killed off like in so many more by the number horror films, but also the wonderful design of the aliens. The eggs, facehuggers, chesbursters, xeno drones, the Queen, the space jockey, his ship, just everything actually "alien" about the movies was so well done. HR Geiger was a genius, and there were two visionary directors with long careers ahead of them who made the most of it all.
I don't hate the third film, but they threw out all that development for something that never measured up. It's not a terrible movie, but hardly worth of being part of a trilogy. I'm happy to forget the fourth film even exists, it was not only not good, it took the only really meaningful thing the third film had to offer, Ripley's sacrifice, and just flushed it all down the toilet. Bleh.
The license would have allowed the third movie to be in the pin (not sure about the fourth, only remember discussion of the third). Nobody wanted it. Definitely the right call imo.

Ditto on everything you said Aurich. The best 1-2 punch in the movie industry, right up there with Star Wars and Terminator. After the originals and the sequels, the other ones mentioned lost it's punch but still good entertainment.

#179 9 months ago

I liked the fourth one with Hellboy, but hands down Aliens was the best.. We quoted Paxton for years.

#180 9 months ago

I actually like them all in their own way. I tend to like Resurrection more than 3. They are all so drastically different from each other that they are almost each in their own genre. It isn't a common thing among sequels.

Alien: Horror
Aliens: Action
Alien 3: Drama
Alien 4: Comedy Actually, I'm not sure how to classify this one, but it definitely has a completely different feel than the others.

#181 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Ditto on everything you said Aurich. The best 1-2 punch in the movie industry, right up there with Star Wars and Terminator. After the originals and the sequels, the other ones mentioned lost it's punch but still good entertainment.

Yes there's not many movies sequels out there that knocked it out of the park Alien 1-2, Terminator 1-2, Star Wars 1-2 - they are just all time classics.

So looking forward to my Alien

#182 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes there's not many movies sequels out there that knocked it out of the park Alien 1-2, Terminator 1-2, Star Wars 1-2 - they are just all time classics.
So looking forward to my Alien

You're going to love it. The shots, atmosphere, sound, the toys, really pulls you into the Alien Universe. I love mine and I'm so happy I got one. Sometimes I don't play it...I just go downstairs to look at it. Just put MK6spin (Mark) apron on it and it just pumped it up to the next level.

#183 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

You're going to love it. The shots, atmosphere, sound, the toys, really pulls you into the Alien Universe. I love mine and I'm so happy I got one. Sometimes I don't play it...I just go downstairs to look at it. Just put MK6spin (Mark) apron on it and it just pumped it up to the next level.

Hope his fits the new ones coming and I am in.

#184 9 months ago

Hope his fits the new ones coming and I am in.

There are no more.

#185 9 months ago

Hmm...what you think? Overkill maybe?

amazon.com link »

#186 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm...what you think? Overkill maybe?
amazon.com link »

How would you mod all that?? looks cool.

#187 9 months ago

How would you mod all that?? looks cool.

I'm going to try to work on a strobe mod. After seeing MK6PIN's it's a crime this game doesn't come with them. That link was more of a joke but in reality that would be pretty plug and play. All the strobes hook to the base system, and you just trigger it via power. However I think it would need it's own power supply, and a way to trigger when you want it on in the game. Also, this could be way too bright.

So in reality, I'm looking at low watt 1watt 5v strobes, but I'm not really clear on how bright is bright and how much wattage affects it. Without knowing enough about the new game, but assuming many things will be similar the question becomes how can you get the desired effect without taxing the system (as with all mods). Of course, integration also becomes a problem which we won't know until they are released.

I'm sure someone here with more electrical knowledge will have better ideas.

I actually wish they'd just add them to them at a cost.

#188 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm going to try to work on a strobe mod. After seeing MK6PIN's it's a crime this game doesn't come with them. That link was more of a joke but in reality that would be pretty plug and play. All the strobes hook to the base system, and you just trigger it via power. However I think it would need it's own power supply, and a way to trigger when you want it on in the game. Also, this could be way too bright.
So in reality, I'm looking at low watt 1watt 5v strobes, but I'm not really clear on how bright is bright and how much wattage affects it. Without knowing enough about the new game, but assuming many things will be similar the question becomes how can you get the desired effect without taxing the system (as with all mods). Of course, integration also becomes a problem which we won't know until they are released.

It will be fun to wait and see and do some creative modding. I am on a design idea with a few guys on a topper...

#189 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Great idea, as when beacon is activated, strobes go on. Hook up behind and under machine. Between strobes and yellow beacons, would be a wow moment.

#190 9 months ago

I'm still curious as to what's going to be the upgrades for the LV. When are those features supposed to be announced ?

#191 9 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Great idea, as when beacon is activated, strobes go on. Hook up behind and under machine. Between strobes and yellow beacons, would be a wow moment.

I was thinking white strobes should go off while the Alien is eating the ball... That would be cool....

Also, I think the yellow beacons are the ultimate topper for Alien Pinball, but I guess I'd have to see what alternatives someone comes up with.

#192 9 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm still curious as to what's going to be the upgrades for the LV. When are those features supposed to be announced ?

They are known for toppers......that should be the first thing..

We all have our top 5, who knows with these guys.

#193 9 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I heard March we should know what is on the LV

#194 9 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I heard March we should know what is on the LV

You Heard??? hmmm...please tell.

#195 9 months ago

Sounds like things are coming together nicely in Italy. If anyone is interested in my original Alien SE by heighway let me know as I will be looking to move it out once my remake arrives. I would prefer trades but sale is a possibility also. Absolutely no shipping of any kind, but I can travel between Portland and LA. If you want to see the machine you can view the archived ad here on pinside from when I purchased it in September of last year.

#196 9 months ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Sounds like things are coming together nicely in Italy. If anyone is interested in my original Alien SE by heighway let me know as I will be looking to move it out once my remake arrives. I would prefer trades but sale is a possibility also. Absolutely no shipping of any kind, but I can travel between Portland and LA. If you want to see the machine you can view the archived ad here on pinside from when I purchased it in September of last year.

You should first test the Remake !
There are several nice things missing, maybe you sell the Original and figure out that the remake is not as good as you thought.
I will also have a look on the new one but not sell my original before ! That for sure.
The nice thing is the price on the remake. Under 8K EURO is really good for a pin this days ! Specially whilst JJP and STERN are out in Europe due the funny taxes.

#197 9 months ago

I love mashups... music and art.

501_st_Legion_Vader_s_Fist_VS_Space_Cockroaches-_9_guillemhp (resized).jpg

http://www.guillemhp.com/

#198 9 months ago

Hello to all
Here we are showing that our Digital Printed Playfields have Balls.
In this video we show that it is possible to digital print playfields without pooling, cracking and chipping. We were ask to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields. In this video we tried extremly to achive pooling, chipping and cracking. The only thing we could destroy is our solid work bench.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

#199 9 months ago

LOL. It's Haggis all over again

#200 9 months ago

Nice!

There are 3577 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside