2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 372.
#601 2 years ago
ADD2CF9F-3A77-4A02-9A0C-60C34C24CA57.jpegADD2CF9F-3A77-4A02-9A0C-60C34C24CA57.jpeg
#602 2 years ago

If that's what is currently on the line one of those is mine!

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If that's what is currently on the line one of those is mine!

Just around the corner are the LV's in stasis. HAHA

#604 2 years ago

I'm still waiting for my Rick and Morty. Next month I think the wait is over and the Pin will arrive.... after 1,5 years of endless waiting.

My Alien SV order is from last week. And it feels much longer than the wait for the Rick and Morty.

#605 2 years ago

***joining in the other club thread to this. Website rules will be updated to reflect what just happened, which makes sense to me.***

So I received an update from Pinball Brothers regarding my question around hooking up the beacons. For those new, the OG LE came with them and other SE owners installed them as the code during certain modes will turn them on and they look great.

Rather disappointing but they said they haven't tested or discussed the beacons for the remake so they have no instructions. Personally, I'm not sure why that's the case and probably shows how short term these plans have been (focusing on getting standards first) but I still bought a pair on ebay assuming we'll have someone smarter than me figure out how to plug them into the remake as the code already has it built in.....

On a side note, I'm impressed that documentation has already been created for this game about how things hook up, hardware etc. Already a step ahead of the OG release. And those shiny ramps? Damn they have to be the nicest ramps I've ever seen in a pinball game.

Pumped

#606 2 years ago

I just ordered a couple of beacons on AliExpress that look similar to the OG ones but only cost $50 a pair. Hopefully by the time they arrive we'll figure out how to get them working.

#607 2 years ago

A friend of mine told me that there was some feeling of guilt after paying

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I just ordered a couple of beacons on AliExpress that look similar to the OG ones but only cost $50 a pair. Hopefully by the time they arrive we'll figure out how to get them working.

Please share which ones you bought. I definitely want to get working beacons on mine.... once I get the game, it will be a pretty high priority!

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

A friend of mine told me that there was some feeling of guilt after paying

Please share which ones you bought. I definitely want to get working beacons on mine.... once I get the game, it will be a pretty high priority!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002023875218.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.1eb6c9f0TtoSqE

No guarantee that they will work or if the SE will even support beacons. Or the LV for that matter. It is a gamble but not a very expensive one.

#609 2 years ago

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002023875218.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.1eb6c9f0TtoSqE
No guarantee that they will work or if the SE will even support beacons. Or the LV for that matter. It is a gamble but not a very expensive one.

I think there is a pretty good chance those will work. 12-24V seems like a safe bet to me. There is a Backbox Extension Out connector. If that thing puts out 12V-24V and turns on at the appropriate time that the beacons should show, we'll be good.

pb (resized).pngpb (resized).png

#610 2 years ago

Exactly. If there is a beacon test in the software I’ll activate that and probe the Backbox Extension Out pins with a multimeter to see what I can discover. Should be simple.

#611 2 years ago

Hi,
My Xeno just been to the dentist and imo, it seems it feels much better !
Isn't she lovely ?

IMG_6873 (resized).jpgIMG_6873 (resized).jpgIMG_6877 (resized).jpgIMG_6877 (resized).jpg
#612 2 years ago

Haahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

EXCELLENT !!

#614 2 years ago

Check your Airlock and Magnets and place Cliffys there to prevent damage!

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You did it with silicon ??

Quoted from Averell:

Check your Airlock and Magnets and place Cliffys there to prevent damage!

Do you have some picts for the cliffys .?

#616 2 years ago

Yes silicone.
Go to Cliffys website and get in contact with him: http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm
And possible here: https://www.ecflipp.fr/fr/

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes silicone.
Go to Cliffys website and get in contact with him: http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm
And possible here: https://www.ecflipp.fr/fr/

Great, i really like it (your silicone artwork) !!
About the Cliffys i don't really see what and where to add'em ... if ever you can get a picture once.
Thanks for the advice anyway

#618 2 years ago

The airlock is supposed to have a factory protector, at least according to the description on Cointaker:

“Airlock Scoop Assembly with playfield protector”

Did that get dropped from the production machines?

#619 2 years ago

The airlock is supposed to have a factory protector, at least according to the description on Cointaker:
“Airlock Scoop Assembly with playfield protector”
Did that get dropped from the production machines?

It might be Mantis style

#620 2 years ago

You have to cover the edge of the airlock scoop and use a ring on both magnets.
If not, your playfield will be damaged after a few games.
Here you see only one magnet, PB-ALIEN has a second at the chestburster right next of the right scoop with the wire ramp.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You have to cover the edge of the airlock scoop and use a ring on both magnets.
If not, your playfield will be damaged after a few games.
Here you see only one magnet, PB-ALIEN has a second at the chestburster right next of the right scoop with the wire ramp.
[quoted image]

Great, thanks a lot man !

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It might be Mantis style

Possibly - and that would be my preference. I am not a fan of Cliffys on HUO machines but like to use them on routed machines if I am covering repairs or existing damage. I might take some slo-mo video of the airlock eject and see if the ball hits the edge of the playfield. If it doesn’t, then a Cliffy isn’t doing anything but looking ugly.

This is all personal preference and I feel the same way about playfield protectors. When I buy a machine with Cliffys I always wonder what the seller is trying to hide underneath.

#623 2 years ago

The main problem on Alien is the magnet in combination with multi balls.
Often 2 or 3 balls get into the airlock.
The other issue is a magnet that is not adjusted and mounted to deep, so edges and surface of the playfield near by the magnet will damaged.
It's just a suggestion and experience on HW-Alien, but I'm pretty sure PB-Alien is the same.

#624 2 years ago

Can't you just mylar over those spots? Cliffy's seem a bit extreme for magnets.

#625 2 years ago

Cliffy's for the playfield should be the same as in the OG version... but what about the ramps? Those are basically the same too right?

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Cliffy's for the playfield should be the same as in the OG version... but what about the ramps? Those are basically the same too right?

The new ones are chrome, our old ones are "just sainless steel" .. not shiny.

#627 2 years ago

All the pictures and videos show the apron having no cards. Who's gonna design some? Need some cool art, maybe 1 card art for each movie with instructions on one and credits on another? Maybe a cool Weyland Yutani one? Hoping someone makes some.

#628 2 years ago

MK6Pin made some...

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

MK6Pin made some...
[quoted image]

Cool, is there any link to download please ?

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

MK6Pin made some...
[quoted image]

He needs to do another batch for all us new ALIEN buyers.

#631 2 years ago

These may draw too much current. There's a lot of lights in there.

#632 2 years ago

I’m paid in full. Hopefully the container ships this week. Hopefully by the end of May I’ll be flipping a new Alien!!

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m paid in full. Hopefully the container ships this week. Hopefully by the end of May I’ll be flipping a new Alien!!

You and I both brother

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You and I both brother

Same with me

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

[quoted image]

And your point is? I actually paid more than that but your too ignorant to write anything worth while.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

And your point is? I actually paid more than that but your too ignorant to write anything worth while.

Uh.... that wasn't supposed to be an insult. I have a golden ticket also.

#638 2 years ago

Pardon me. Didn’t understand. My humor sucks lol.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

[quoted image]

Lmao that’s too funny

#640 2 years ago

Looks like the first shipment of 4 units finally arrived at Cointaker and are being trucked onwards. I just got a shipment email. It is finally happening!

#641 2 years ago

Looks like the first shipment of 4 units finally arrived at Cointaker and are being trucked onwards. I just got a shipment email. It is finally happening!

YESSSS. Let’s be friends so I can come play hahaha

#642 2 years ago

Awesome. Hope everyone is ready to post unpacking / gameplay videos!

#643 2 years ago

Keep us posted you lucky ducks!

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

YESSSS. Let’s be friends so I can come play hahaha

If you're going to be in the Atlanta area, absolutely hit me up.

Quoted from Zablon:

Awesome. Hope everyone is ready to post unpacking / gameplay videos!

I will probably skip the unboxing video since it will pale next to Retrocengos awesome video, but I will absolutely take lots of pics and videos.

I just scheduled delivery w/ Fedex Freight for Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed for no rain so I can get it into the basement.

#645 2 years ago

Guys - from my experience, these are the beacons that work perfect. They did on the OG and apparently were the stock used by HW pinball (although I can’t say for certain). What I can say for certain is that they worked on OG and hopefully they do here too

4 Colors Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral ABS 10W 12VDC-220VAC

ebay.com link: itm

Great to hear about the 4 arriving. Look forward to hearing and seeing more.

#646 2 years ago

If you're going to be in the Atlanta area, absolutely hit me up.

I will probably skip the unboxing video since it will pale next to Retrocengos awesome video, but I will absolutely take lots of pics and videos.
I just scheduled delivery w/ Fedex Freight for Wednesday morning. Fingers crossed for no rain so I can get it into the basement.

No we need a NON Arnold Unboxing...haha

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - from my experience, these are the beacons that work perfect. They did on the OG and apparently were the stock used by HW pinball (although I can’t say for certain). What I can say for certain is that they worked on OG and hopefully they do here too
4 Colors Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral ABS 10W 12VDC-220VAC
ebay.com link: itm
Great to hear about the 4 arriving. Look forward to hearing and seeing more.

12V? We don't really know what voltage we are going to need for this since we don't know what we'll be connecting to is the issue I see.

#648 2 years ago

Just got confirmation its on a truck headed this way.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

12V? We don't really know what voltage we are going to need for this since we don't know what we'll be connecting to is the issue I see.

Yeah I was only going off of OG. That was 12. Hoping it’s the same.

#650 2 years ago

Congratulations to the 4 lucky people getting these first. We will have to watch the game through your eyes while ours are on a boat coming on the Atlantic

Looking forward to more pics and videos

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.