20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 376.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, my buddy just bought the start button. I hope he posts a pic of it soon.

well I guess I can start buying my mod now....lol.....gonna get both....why not..haha

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

well I guess I can start buying my mod now....lol.....gonna get both....why not..haha

I would!

#1503 2 years ago

here are pics and a link to the start and launch buttons

https://superskillshot.com/search?q=alien

AlienStartbuttonBlit_1080x (resized).jpgAlienStartbuttonBlit_1080x (resized).jpgAliensinglebuttonclose_1080x (resized).jpgAliensinglebuttonclose_1080x (resized).jpg
#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

[quoted image][quoted image]

PinballBrothers should just make a deal with this guy to produce these for the LV. Amazing!!!

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Can't wait to see it installed!

#1506 2 years ago

I have purchased 3 shooter rods from Shooter Skill Shots and his quality has always been the very best! I have ordered both the Start button and the launch button I will post pics once installed

#1507 2 years ago

That's much better... available for HW-ALIEN but sold out.

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

That is really cool, but why tease us if it's only for the HW version and sold out?

#1509 2 years ago

Maybe there's a chance for a second run for PB-ALIEN?
Just write to Vimtoman...

#1510 2 years ago

Ordered and dont even have a machine.....addicts.

#1511 2 years ago

Is anyone concerned about ball trails getting ground into the plastic ball guides? We don’t have any experience with such material that I know of so I went ahead and put mylar on the inlanes just in case. You can’t really see it but it’s there.

5E88E1F4-2852-4182-8047-ED00AA43E1BC (resized).jpeg5E88E1F4-2852-4182-8047-ED00AA43E1BC (resized).jpegD282E0E4-ADF3-43F9-BE8B-E8823CA8343D (resized).jpegD282E0E4-ADF3-43F9-BE8B-E8823CA8343D (resized).jpeg

#1513 2 years ago

Finally had a solid game.

20210703_180231 (resized).jpg20210703_180231 (resized).jpg
#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Finally had a solid game.
[quoted image]

Great score! How are you liking it so far?

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Nice! Ae should ask some modders to make this one

#1516 2 years ago

Ordered and dont even have a machine.....addicts.

YUP!

#1517 2 years ago

My other games are gonna get lonely, this thing is over the top!

#1518 2 years ago

What else you got ordered?

#1519 2 years ago

Anyone else experience a switch 33 inactive issue?
I opened a ticket but have not heard back yet.
After tracking down several issues this is my final hurdle.

#1520 2 years ago

Anyone have the bottom pop bumper bounce the ball continuously into the rubber ring forever? Am I missing a post?

IMG_6098 (resized).jpgIMG_6098 (resized).jpg
#1521 2 years ago

What else you got ordered?

I didn't order these, my friend did and I plan to buy his standard when he gets his LE.

But I did just order his Hobbit arkenstone mods and shooter rod as well as his shooter rod for Hotwheels.

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Anyone have the bottom pop bumper bounce the ball continuously into the rubber ring forever? Am I missing a post?[quoted image]

Yup! We've seen that too. It's cool! It doesn't happen too often, but occasionally.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I didn't order these, my friend did and I plan to buy his standard when he gets his LE.
But I did just order his Hobbit arkenstone mods and shooter rod as well as his shooter rod for Hotwheels.

yeah on that list for when it will be made.....hope by end of year we will see the LV.

Sure hope they blow us away with extra for the 2k.....

#1524 2 years ago

Quick update is I downloaded and installed the new fw and the alien tongue during boot up is now normal (ala OG) - not slow and grinding like before. Nice!

Haven't had a chance to look at new posts on here but plan to catch-up tomorrow. It's 4th of july party time and about to enjoy some drinks. Alien tomorrow. Cheers.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yup! We've seen that too. It's cool! It doesn't happen too often, but occasionally.

It was happening all the time , could rack up 60M points or more if I didn’t shake it out. I went ahead and put a post in there which not only fixed it but also has the added bonus of the ball bouncing into the chestburster lane a lot more frequently.

#1526 2 years ago

If you are having issues with drained balls not registering, one thing to check is the coil plunger in the trough. If the plunger is too high, the pinballs can sometimes get stuck behind it and will not get picked up by the opto sensor. I created a tutorial on how to fix this issue if the pinballs are getting stuck behind the plunger. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

If you are having issues with drained balls not registering,

Craig, I really love your little "how to" videos. Keep them coming my friend!
This issue is documented on Pinball Brothers website here...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711505-trough-adjustments (You will need to log in via your Facebook or Google account though) I did this on my machine but I used a Torx T-20 bit not a T15 as you say in your video.

Great job, I'm sure lots of owners will appreciate it.

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711505-trough-adjustments (You will need to log in via your Facebook or Google account though) I did this on my machine but I used a Torx T-20 bit not a T15 as you say in your video.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m just trying to document issues I come across and make videos if I need to do the repairs. Figure it will help some others out. I’ve seen several different torx sizes for different mechs. I ended up buying a set of metric nut drivers but luckily had a bit set that included lots of torx bits. I have been messing with the left scoop kick out but don’t have a great solution yet. The ball actually hits the bottom of the plastic ramp when it gets ejected. Thought about trying to 3d print something to tame the kickout but no luck yet. I adjusted the coil strength to 25% weaker but it is still a bit too strong.

A6F7737A-5733-43FA-854C-A63344862EDB (resized).jpegA6F7737A-5733-43FA-854C-A63344862EDB (resized).jpeg
#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just corrected the video regarding the t20 torx bit and updated the link in the previous post. The t15 works but t20 is the proper size and what is recommended by PB.

#1530 2 years ago

I ended up buying a set of metric nut drivers

Yeah me too Dang Europeans and their metric lol. I must admit I haven't experienced that issue with the eject hitting the plastic Is 25% the lowest it will go? I found this post from earlier regarding the power of the eject issue it may help you out..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/17#post-6282492

I'm not having a lot of luck with the Xeno grabbing the ball for ambush. I have updated the code to 2.2 and I've watched your videos and it doesn't seem to matter if it's left or right flipper. I can maybe get it 1 of 3 times I have increased the magnet strength to 20% higher and then on the next one it grabbed it woohoo! but the next 2 times it didn't "sigh" this game is incredibly addicting though, it is the whole package and it really draws you in. I'm absolutely loving it even with some of the niggly problems we are having to do.

Keep those videos coming brother you're a great asset to the community, I actually asked to have the flipper fix video to be marked as the first key post here in the club.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yeah me too Dang Europeans and their metric lol. I must admit I haven't experienced that issue with the eject hitting the plastic Is 25% the lowest it will go? I found this post from earlier regarding the power of the eject issue it may help you out..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/17#post-6282492
I'm not having a lot of luck with the Xeno grabbing the ball for ambush. I have updated the code to 2.2 and I've watched your videos and it doesn't seem to matter if it's left or right flipper. I can maybe get it 1 of 3 times I have increased the magnet strength to 20% higher and then on the next one it grabbed it woohoo! but the next 2 times it didn't "sigh" this game is incredibly addicting though, it is the whole package and it really draws you in. I'm absolutely loving it even with some of the niggly problems we are having to do.
Keep those videos coming brother you're a great asset to the community, I actually asked to have the flipper fix video to be marked as the first key post here in the club.

I haven't seen the issue with the left hole eject either. It always seems to eject smoothly and straight down for me. Perhaps you could reference our machines to help you to figure out what is going on with yours? I could take some pics if it would help.

#1532 2 years ago

Here’s a new one. My left post broke. Balls were getting hung up on the loops. Come to find out the post broke. I guess I got the lemon.

B47A4461-3CCF-46F7-9783-0DDFA557E8AA (resized).jpegB47A4461-3CCF-46F7-9783-0DDFA557E8AA (resized).jpeg
#1533 2 years ago

Deal with it tomorrow as it’s beer 30 or 4:20 somewhere.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Here’s a new one. My left post broke.

Whoa! Sorry about that, the only issue I've had with a post is the one below the upper right flipper, it came loose a couple of times so I put a bit of blue Loctite on it then tightened it and it's stayed put ever since. I guess it's because I suck at hitting the right orbit and keep hitting the post I know play better lol

#1535 2 years ago

I cannot believe what I saw in the video... still the same otpo-emitter-boards from Heighway in version 2 installed in the PB-machine?!
So keep an eye on the really bad connection of the emitter board.
And broken posts are a new level of quality... whow, what an improvement, well done Pinball Brothers.
I'm not impressed!

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Whoa! Sorry about that, the only issue I've had with a post is the one below the upper right flipper, it came loose a couple of times so I put a bit of blue Loctite on it then tightened it and it's stayed put ever since. I guess it's because I suck at hitting the right orbit and keep hitting the post I know play better lol

Mine did that too. I just tightened it with a 10 mm wrench but locktite is a great idea. I’ll have to do that. Eliminate one thing at a time and eventually it’ll play right and I can enjoy the game.

#1537 2 years ago

How many of you have gotten PB Aliens with absolutely no issues? I’m on the list for one and am curious. As with anything else, you only see people posting if they have issues. This makes it seem as though all of the pins have issues.
Please post if you have one of these awesome pins and are having no issues.
Thanks!

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I went ahead and put a post in there which not only fixed it but also has the added bonus of the ball bouncing into the chestburster lane a lot more frequently.

Could you post a pic of this post installation?

#1539 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I’m just trying to document issues I come across and make videos if I need to do the repairs. Figure it will help some others out. I’ve seen several different torx sizes for different mechs. I ended up buying a set of metric nut drivers but luckily had a bit set that included lots of torx bits. I have been messing with the left scoop kick out but don’t have a great solution yet. The ball actually hits the bottom of the plastic ramp when it gets ejected. Thought about trying to 3d print something to tame the kickout but no luck yet. I adjusted the coil strength to 25% weaker but it is still a bit too strong. [quoted image]

Check my earlier pic. Not ideal (although you can’t see it) but Velcro sticky right on that left side plastic did exactly what you’re suggesting and the ball now rolls down to the left flipper. GL and great tutorial video btw!

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How many of you have gotten PB Aliens with absolutely no issues? I’m on the list for one and am curious. As with anything else, you only see people posting if they have issues. This makes it seem as though all of the pins have issues.
Thanks!

I think that’s a pipe dream , I haven’t seen too many NIB games from anyone with no issues. Having said that I haven’t had many problems, really only adjustments and a broken switch. A couple times it wouldn’t boot with a segmentation fault (Linux computer guys will know that error), PB says it happens very rarely but is in their fix list.

I have made the following adjustments:

Adjusted trough VUK , was sticking up per PB Bulletin
Adjusted mu/th/ur kicker to be more consistent per PB bulletin
Adjusted right orbit to deliver ball to right flipper instead of sling (moved rail out 1/4” and drilled new hole, plugged old one)
Adjusted spinner switches to allow for spinner to spin more freely
Flipper bushing fix per HurryUp Pinball
Adjusted switch in Xenomorph head
Adjusted magnet power in settings and raised the core up a CH or 1/32” ish

Ball would get stuck bouncing between lower pop and rubber ring until shaken out ( added a post that looks like was supposed to be there , opened a ticket ) , PB says that they made a change since playfield was produced and post is not missing, they suggested I make the bumper switch less sensitive but I like sensitive pops, I like my fix better.

What I haven’t fixed yet is hypersleep chamber sometimes doesn’t know there’s a ball in there , opto alignment, probably need to drill a bigger hole for beam to pass through as the mech is kinda sloppy

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Adjusted right orbit to deliver ball to right flipper instead of sling (moved rail out 1/4” and drilled new hole, plugged old one)

Please post a pic of this also. If you would be so kind?

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Could you post a pic of this post installation?

PB says that they made a change since playfield was produced and post is not missing, they suggested I make the bumper switch less sensitive but I like sensitive pops, and I like how it plays with the post.

2373F4AC-3C84-4C0D-B4B3-3E5B1B4CBDE0 (resized).jpeg2373F4AC-3C84-4C0D-B4B3-3E5B1B4CBDE0 (resized).jpegACD92DAD-3BD0-4BD8-ABF5-9927A62D88E4 (resized).jpegACD92DAD-3BD0-4BD8-ABF5-9927A62D88E4 (resized).jpeg
#1544 2 years ago

I also just happen to have these from a previous project, replaced the 2 broken ones , they came in very handy while waiting for the new switches from PB to arrive.

E5016BC0-F221-49CA-84F2-139754BED60E (resized).jpegE5016BC0-F221-49CA-84F2-139754BED60E (resized).jpeg
#1545 2 years ago

Got the flippers working (thanks Hurry up Pinball!!!), but am going to have to resolder the Airlock again, and am still having issues with the trough. It’s not the documented issue. It seems like it won’t recognize the last drained ball. Thoughts?

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm having better luck after turning down the

Quoted from Paddy-o:

Got the flippers working (thanks Hurry up Pinball!!!), but am going to have to resolder the Airlock again, and am still having issues with the trough. It’s not the documented issue. It seems like it won’t recognize the last drained ball. Thoughts?

Check both the active switch test and the indicator Leds on the trough board themselves to narrow down where the issue is

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks!

Don't all NIB pins have issues? It seems like it's the nature of the beast, they aren't heavily tested and when they hit people's homes and arcades and get a lot of play, issues come up. The new Mandalorian comes from a company that has decades of experience building games, but still shipped with problems that most of the new owners have to deal with. I'd expect for a new company, using a new manufacturer and building their first game, for there to be a few problems.

#1548 2 years ago

Probably too so to tell, but so far, no pooling and chipping on PB Alien! That's something I can't tolerate.

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm having better luck after turning down the

Check both the active switch test and the indicator Leds on the trough board themselves to narrow down where the issue is

Looks like trough 5 is a little intermittent when doing the switch test. I resoldered the scoop coil, and managed to play my first few games without issue. Could trough 5 be an opto misalignment, possibly?

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Probably too so to tell, but so far, no pooling and chipping on PB Alien! That's something I can't tolerate.

Here's one of the reasons I plunked down a deposit, these playfields look impenetrable!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=874644590025528

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.