20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 376.
#951 2 years ago

Make sure those are the new ones. Mike at Comics to Games here in town said his look like this

Switch is in the middle of the bracket.

752045F3-8954-484C-AE60-CC36E65D4A00 (resized).jpeg752045F3-8954-484C-AE60-CC36E65D4A00 (resized).jpeg
#952 2 years ago

Those microswitches are awful...bad bad design choice. At least they are replaceable (solder in/out).

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Those microswitches are awful...bad bad design choice.

Or just positioned badly. We shall see.

#954 2 years ago

Thanks chuckwurt - that is what I was expecting to see as Cato told me they moved the microswitch. I was sent six switches and none of them have a repositioned microswitch.

Looking at your pic - it seems they just drilled an extra hole in the switch board and slid the whole thing down. Lol

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Thanks chuckwurt - that is what I was expecting to see as Cato told me they moved the microswitch. I was sent six switches and none of them have a repositioned microswitch.
Looking at your pic - it seems they just drilled an extra hole in the switch board and slid the whole thing down. Lol

I noticed that too. Should be easy enough to do yourself if that is the case.

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or just positioned badly. We shall see.

I mean those are very subject to smashing. Are these the same ones they used on the OG? How have they held up? I use these all the time for things, and they wear out quite a bit. I can't imagine they hold up to the sharp hits of a pinball even though it isn't direct.

#957 2 years ago

These are similar (newer revision) to the ones that were used for the larger targets (Xeno, Chestburster, Recharge) on the OG - and there were lots of complaints about them then. Now they've adopted them to be used on the narrower weapon targets too, which are failing like crazy. I think the OG used leaf switches for the weapon targets, which is what I'd rather see them use here.

#958 2 years ago

Can you wire up leaf switches instead?

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you wire up leaf switches instead?

You'd need to do something to connect the cable, which is nicely socketed on the PB switch. I'll give these a shot and see how they hold up (after drilling holes I guess). This seems more like a bandaid than a proper fix.

#960 2 years ago

Just cut the wires off the stock connector and solder them to a leaf switch.

#961 2 years ago

Looks like the stock board has an led on it too. So leaf switch is probably a no go unless you want to lose the light.

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like the stock board has an led on it too. So leaf switch is probably a no go unless you want to lose the light.

The LED is not hooked up on these weapon target switches. If you see there are two connectors at the base of the board and only one green wire in my picture. The second connector is used for the RGB LED, which is only connected on the other "larger" target switches (Xeno, Chestburster, Recharge)

#963 2 years ago

The LED is not hooked up on these weapon target switches. If you see there are two connectors at the base of the board and only one green wire in my picture. The second connector is used for the RGB LED, which is only connected on the other "larger" target switches (Xeno, Chestburster, Recharge)

Yeah I saw that. Just saying that due to the rgb light, you can’t completely replace the stock switch with a leaf switch.

#964 2 years ago

I am a longtime lurker in this thread. I really want one of these, but just can't pull the trigger to buy one quite yet. Loving seeing all the pics though and just had to at least speak up and say I'm jealous!

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I am a longtime lurker in this thread. I really want one of these, but just can't pull the trigger to buy one quite yet. Loving seeing all the pics though and just had to at least speak up and say I'm jealous!

What will you have in trade?

#966 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Any update on a rubber list? Wold like to get some Perfect Play ordered and have ready.

PB just updated the online manual and added the rubber list!
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/

#967 2 years ago

The first boat hasn’t even arrived in Italy and at this point the June 8th shipment could leave the same time as the first container. Lol. Waiting sucks.

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

PB just updated the online manual and added the rubber list!
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up. Going to work on my Pinball Life order now

#969 2 years ago

Bros, haven’t seen the LV yet, but I want one something bad!

This is my dream theme

Have any of you ever watched the movies rooting for the Zenomorphs?
It’s like watching a really great suspenseful romcom right up to the very end, then the boyfriend gets broken up with in the worst way and then killed off. damn the vacuum of space!

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bros, haven’t seen the LV yet, but I want one something bad!
This is my dream theme
Have any of you ever watched the movies rooting for the Zenomorphs?
It’s like watching a really great suspenseful romcom right up to the very end, then the boyfriend gets broken up with in the worst way and then killed off. damn the vacuum of space!

Im excited about getting an LV. I signed up for one.

Hopefully it wont be a lottery.

And hopefully it will be better refined than R&M. Crossing my fingers...

#971 2 years ago

Finally, this tug boat is on its way to Italy. Should be there on the 30th. Maybe by mid-June it will be in the US.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#972 2 years ago

Really ????!!

AC1809A6-D147-4482-A713-B49C1B694A7B (resized).pngAC1809A6-D147-4482-A713-B49C1B694A7B (resized).png
#973 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Finally, this tug boat is on its way to Italy. Should be there on the 30th. Maybe by mid-June it will be in the US.
[quoted image]

little do they know that lunatic pinball collectors are tracking their boat every step of the way! Love it.

#974 2 years ago

I will start my mission this evening to raise the value of the original ALIEN.

#975 2 years ago

I got my replacement target switches today from Pedretti. They "feel" better, but I swear I can't find any design changes from the ones originally on my machine. Maybe I'm missing something. Here are some pictures (the one with the green cable is the old switch)
I'll install them and see how it goes, but I'm not confident these will be any better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is a lip on one of the targets, where the metal goes like this:

_|
|

..whereas on the other one it looks like a single flat piece. That's the only difference I can see.

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

little do they know that lunatic pinball collectors are tracking their boat every step of the way! Love it.

I must say I’ve never stalked a cargo ship like this before

#977 2 years ago

Just played some more on the one near me after he got replacement standups and some other switch issues fixed. The standups worked okay, but not great still. The didn’t always register, especially the ones at the right ramp.

Other than that, played great.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just played some more on the one near me after he got replacement standups and some other switch issues fixed. The standups worked okay, but not great still. The didn’t always register, especially the ones at the right ramp.
Other than that, played great.

One thing to note about the weapon targets is there are some known bugs. Hitting an already lit target will often unlight it and any adjacent lit targets. This seems to be cosmetic only as the lights will come back after a mode change. I’ve reported this to PB.

#979 2 years ago

Curious have they released any software updates? And if so, were they at all compatible with the OG's?

#980 2 years ago

Thanks. I’ll try and keep a mental note for which ones I’ve hit. I seemed to get weapons fine and was getting 2-3 per game which is typical for me.

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Curious have they released any software updates? And if so, were they at all compatible with the OG's?

Not yet. I’ve been told I might get some beta code next weekend. I’d love to see some of these annoying bugs squashed.

#982 2 years ago

Not yet. I’ve been told I might get some beta code next weekend. I’d love to see some of these annoying bugs squashed.

Did you find out if the switches you received were actually the newer ones? I thought you mentioned that they were the same. Have you replaced them and do they work any better?

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think they're pretty used to us obsessed pinheads following their every movement but typically it's boats leaving the US

#984 2 years ago

So we have finally arrived in Italy and hopefully it won't be much longer

Arrived (resized).JPGArrived (resized).JPG
#985 2 years ago

A little amazed that someone would take the tracking information I posted here and then take it and post it in the other thread smh

#986 2 years ago

So this shipment might actually be arriving in the NYC port by June 6th as described in the shipping confirmation. Sure hope so.

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

A little amazed that someone would take the tracking information I posted here and then take it and post it in the other thread smh

public forum, called copy and paste...love both rooms....settle down.

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Which other thread..there's only about 6 of them!

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Which other thread..there's only about 6 of them!

\
HAHA....correct....SMH.

#990 2 years ago

Waiting at Gibraltar...

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So this shipment might actually be arriving in the NYC port by June 6th as described in the shipping confirmation. Sure hope so.

It all depends on how many stops it makes before NYC It's already 5 days later in Italy then the shipping document said, I would probably say it's going to be 5 days later in NYC say by June 11th. maybe we can have a pool closest to the date without going over when it arrives in NY

#992 2 years ago

ALIENS, being shipped in containers across the ocean.
What could go wrong?

Sounds like the plot of another sequel.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Uh... i got it from the shipping info that was sent to me... not your post. Second of all, I didn't realize there was some rule about which thread to post to.... not sure what difference it makes. I'm reading both threads.

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm not sure .... it seems this ship was supposed to arrive in Italy on the 26th, so I'm thinking it is going to be at least 4 days late. It will be interesting to see what the ETA is once this ship leaves. Hopefully it doesn't have to stop in Spain first.

#995 2 years ago

Any communication to current owners on fixes for the targets and middling performance did the xenomorph?

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Uh... i got it from the shipping info that was sent to me... not your post. Second of all, I didn't realize there was some rule about which thread to post to.... not sure what difference it makes. I'm reading both threads.

No big, it's ok

#997 2 years ago

Just sharing my progress of the 3d print APC.

20210531_125512 (resized).jpg20210531_125512 (resized).jpg20210531_125704 (resized).jpg20210531_125704 (resized).jpg
#998 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

ALIENS, being shipped in containers across the ocean.
What could go wrong?
Sounds like the plot of another sequel.

Thank God it's not Gremlins in there.

#999 2 years ago

Any updates from the ones who got machines already? Playing better? Replacement switches doing the job? Having some anxiety from people posting the game still has issues. I hope these get fixed.

#1000 2 years ago

Lethal_Inc You called it, the ship is stopping in Spain

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 160.00
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.