100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 377.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Anyone hear anything about our machines? I was just on the og heighway thread and was excited to see that efoil side blades are soon to be available for the OG model from Ministry of Pinball in Holland. It would be awesome if we could make these work for out new models as well. We would need the plastics of course and they would need to fit the new cab. I'm going to order some for my OG so I can check them against my remake as well for fit and connections. We would still need the plastics because if memory serves the standard remake is just black wood on the sides without the art plastics of the original.
[quoted image]

Major envy w your TBL in the background (patiently waiting here)!!...Heighway blades won't fit in remake cab as they're countersunk. I'm going to order a spare set, as we all know EL fades over time (paper, wire, whatever). Best blades I've seen on a game....glad they got done...(props to TomDK )

#1052 2 years ago

Does the Alien remake have flashers? I haven’t been able to see them in pictures or short videos I’ve watched. I saw a video of an OG with the siren flashers and thought it looked really cool. I was told that was a mod, though.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does the Alien remake have flashers? I haven’t been able to see them in pictures or short videos I’ve watched. I saw a video of an OG with the siren flashers and thought it looked really cool. I was told that was a mod, though.

Yes they were a mod for the OGs.
The remake does not have siren flashers but most likely will be able to mod out.

#1054 2 years ago

Hi,
Just a quick post for the definitive Targets Fix.
Here's my PB ALIEN converted with White Water Targets

3 Green + 2 Orange Targets
5 connectors JST PH2 (to keep original cables unmodified)

And ... voilà

IMG_6977 (resized).jpgIMG_6977 (resized).jpgIMG_6978 (resized).jpgIMG_6978 (resized).jpg
#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Hi,
And ... voilà [quoted image][quoted image]

Good job! But you do know WH20 targets are notorious for breaking? The plastic splits over time, so not sure how they will hold up in this game.

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Hi,

So you're already having to fix parts in a brand new game? I guess I'll continue to wait on feedback to make sure the quality is good on this one before purchasing.

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Good job! But you do know WH20 targets are notorious for breaking? The plastic splits over time, so not sure how they will hold up in this game.

Yep, i'm actually looking for rivets in case of breaking to put back the original white ones but it seems to be not so easy ?
Other solution would be to find a leaf switch that could fit inside the PB targets, now i got them outside and unmounted i can easily take one to go and compare to some switch.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

So you're already having to fix parts in a brand new game? I guess I'll continue to wait on feedback to make sure the quality is good on this one before purchasing.

Yep, i would be more worry to still have to do this after years of release ...
I personally enjoy to get involved into fixing, debugging even more than spending time on playing but i can understand yer opinion

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:Hi,

Is that engineer model the one from Wish?

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that engineer model the one from Wish?

It can be, i personally bought on Aliexpress so it may be the same source :
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001813613652.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2cd86c37jx3L1A

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Have you ever bought a brand new pinball machine before? There is ALWAYS something to fix on a brand new game from any manufacturer. If you're expecting everything to be absolutely perfect on your brand new game, owning a pinball machine is probably not for you.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Have you ever bought a brand new pinball machine before? There is ALWAYS something to fix on a brand new game from any manufacturer. If you're expecting everything to be absolutely perfect on your brand new game, owning a pinball machine is probably not for you.

Brado, i wouldn't be so definitive. Utesichiban has legal thoughts, we just don't aim same things.
Just don't let fights kills passion here. Peace

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

To his point though, this one kind of does have a lot to prove...and we already know there are some questionable design choices that probably should have been changed from the OG. Much of the reason I avoided buying an OG.

What I think does need to be called out is that what Blackflag is talking about isn't a necessary change, it is something that he is experimenting with to make the targets more stable. At the end of the day, I question how reliable these target switches are going to be as well. I can definitely see how some of these things might put people off if they don't want to mess with it.

#1063 2 years ago

I think we need to make sure the current target inconsistencies aren’t code related. Then start switching them out with leaf switches.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think we need to make sure the current target inconsistencies aren’t code related. Then start switching them out with leaf switches.

They aren't, i've replaced all micro switches from those targets one month ago and ... let's say... 20 games later 2 out of 5 are already broken !

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

They aren't, i've replaced all micro switches from those targets one month ago and ... let's say... 20 games later 2 out of 5 are already broken !

Then I suggest using ones that aren’t like white water.

#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Uh, yeah. I just got a NIB EHOH 10 days ago. Eight games in, flippers started malfunctioning, house isn't holding the ball, and the GI lights under both slings aren't working. Stern tech support doesn't pick up the phone and 3 emails with no response so far. Fortunately, my distributor has been able to get a hold of them but still no resolution on what the problem is or replacement parts.

Tweaking is one thing, shoddy, cheap parts and and a maintenance nightmare with poor tech support is another.

Given my current experience, my threshold for known problems or cheap parts/QC after spending 8k + on a game is pretty low. Sure there are always small fixes to make but you shouldn't be replacing cheap parts or unable to play a consumer item at these price points fresh out of the box.

I know Pinball Bros isn't Stern but problems like I'm experiencing right now is the big reason I'm taking a wait and see approach before buying a NIB Alien (or anything NIB).

#1067 2 years ago

iepinball given your skill level & experience and the fact you put some time on it a few weeks ago for your stream, i'm curious as to your thoughts on the machine build and the gameplay in general

#1068 2 years ago

Now we're talking!!!

Sounds like the port is backed up until June 12th so another day delay.... I can wait!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Now we're talking!!!
Sounds like the port is backed up until June 12th so another day delay.... I can wait!
[quoted image]

You guys must be getting excited now...

#1070 2 years ago

Our ship has arrived!! Won’t be long now. So what, another week to get to Cointaker and then maybe another week to us?

#1071 2 years ago

Awesome...

so, where did the number 22 come from? Are we positive 22 are on this ship? Are we positive there's a 2nd ship slated to leave soon and how many games are on it?

#1072 2 years ago

I am hoping that we will be playing by the 4th July holiday weekend. So excited

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Our ship has arrived!! Won’t be long now. So what, another week to get to Cointaker and then maybe another week to us?

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I am hoping that we will be playing by the 4th July holiday weekend. So excited

Sadly not sure I would count on that. 3 plus days to clear customs, a week to unload and sort 10,000 containers likely take a few weeks.

#1074 2 years ago

I've been trying to get a hold of Melissa for a week now. I've been asking if Cointaker has any widebody Voodoo glass in, I want to get a sheet ready for the new arrival. Has anybody heard anything?

#1075 2 years ago

I’ve sent two emails in the last month to Melissa just asking where I am in the line for the Q1 group and it’s been crickets…

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 2 years ago

I sent her my new address to deliver the game to and no response from Melissa either..

#1077 2 years ago

Getting my arcade ready for the beast to arrive. I can't find the width of the backbox in any of the docs. Are we talking WPC era width, Stern or something else? From the pictures I've seen it looks like a WPC widebody-width cab with a Stern-sized backbox.

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Getting my arcade ready for the beast to arrive. I can't find the width of the backbox in any of the docs. Are we talking WPC era width, Stern or something else? From the pictures I've seen it looks like a WPC widebody-width cab with a Stern-sized backbox.

The cabinet is supposed to based on a B/W cabinet - when I queried PB (prior to them shipping any) they weren't able to give me the actual dimensions but hopefully one of the guys that already has one can give us the dimensions

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Grabbed my tape measure and checked:

Backbox:

Width: 27 5/8”
Height: 27 3/4”
Depth: 7 3/4” (top) 6 3/4” (bottom)

Cabinet:

Width: 24 7/8”
Height: 16” (front) 23 1/2” (rear)
Depth: 51 1/2”

#1080 2 years ago

Any update/thoughts from owners about installing the Beacons?

#1081 2 years ago

I’m still waiting for the beacons I ordered from AliExpress to arrive, so I haven’t tried anything yet.

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I’m still waiting for the beacons I ordered from AliExpress to arrive, so I haven’t tried anything yet.

How has your game been playing? What issues are you or have you been dealing with? Is PB supporting these issues?

#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I've been trying to get a hold of Melissa for a week now. I've been asking if Cointaker has any widebody Voodoo glass in, I want to get a sheet ready for the new arrival. Has anybody heard anything?

I got a response on June 10th asking about the 2nd shipment (my invoice stated June 8th shipping) and was told they are being loaded onto a container in Italy.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How has your game been playing? What issues are you or have you been dealing with? Is PB supporting these issues?

I’m still waiting on my replacement target switches (they sent the wrong ones first time). No new issues but I’ve taken a break from playing waiting for a software update. I’m disappointed that it hasn’t come by now - I’ve had my machine over 5 weeks and everything I’ve reported is a “known issue”. Time to get a beta out!

#1086 2 years ago

I’m still waiting on my replacement target switches (they sent the wrong ones first time). No new issues but I’ve taken a break from playing waiting for a software update. I’m disappointed that it hasn’t come by now - I’ve had my machine over 5 weeks and everything I’ve reported is a “known issue”. Time to get a beta out!

Cant be long with containers moving. Yet, a bit surprised. Probability of having troubling compiling an executable program?

#1087 2 years ago

Update: Cointaker now has the Voodoo widebody glass available on their site, $269+$25 Shipping. Go grab a sheet for your new Alien

#1088 2 years ago

Well after months of reading this thread and seeing what Pinball Brothers has produced I finally put a deposit on my 1st NIB pin! I'm in the 3rd Quarter and was told to expect her August/September. Usually summer flies by so this move should ensure a long summer!

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Well after months of reading this thread and seeing what Pinball Brothers has produced I finally put a deposit on my 1st NIB pin! I'm in the 3rd Quarter and was told to expect her August/September. Usually summer flies by so this move should ensure a long summer!

Congrats! Welcome to the family! I’m in on Q2. I wasn’t sure what timeline to expect so your message makes me feel a lot better. thanks for posting!

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Update: Cointaker now has the Voodoo widebody glass available on their site, $269+$25 Shipping. Go grab a sheet for your new Alien

Most kind, sir! Order placed.

#1091 2 years ago

When are we gonna see more mods for this game?

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When are we gonna see more mods for this game?

Soon i hope ...

#1093 2 years ago

I just received a shipping confirmation email from Cointaker, woohoo!

#1094 2 years ago

Me also ,Chap!

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just received a shipping confirmation email from Cointaker, woohoo!

Awesome , so they’re already at cointaker? Did you guys get an ETA?

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Awesome , so they’re already at cointaker? Did you guys get an ETA?

It only says item shipped. No tracking or ETA, but it shouldn't be long now

#1097 2 years ago

This is such great news! I expect all the videos/pictures!

#1098 2 years ago

Mine was delivered within a couple of days of shipping from Cointaker. As I recall I got a text from FedEx Freight that had a link to schedule delivery. Shipped on a Monday and was delivered on Wednesday.

#1099 2 years ago

Mine was delivered within a couple of days of shipping from Cointaker. As I recall I got a text from FedEx Freight that had a link to schedule delivery. Shipped on a Monday and was delivered on Wednesday.

Thx TBD. I just got a call back from Cointaker telling me that these would be picked up by fed ex throughout the week. They are being picked up by fed ex piecemeal because the boxes arrived from europe without pallets and they are having to custom build the pallets. Sounds like the first batch should all move out this week. She told me that we would be contacted by fed ex to schedule delivery once they were picked up. I for one could not be happier with the level of service and responsiveness I received from Cointaker.

#1100 2 years ago

Its worth mentioning one more time that my OG Alien by Heighway will soon be officially up for sale once I receive and am satisfied with my remake. Not willing to ship but message me and I will make it worth the drive. C'mon, I drove 12 hours to pick up my Lebowski!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.