100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 377.
#1101 2 years ago

Are the games shipping from the batch scheduled for 6/8 or the earlier container?

#1102 2 years ago
IMG_3095 (resized).jpgIMG_3095 (resized).jpgIMG_3096 (resized).jpgIMG_3096 (resized).jpg
#1103 2 years ago

...and there is a pallet shortage now too...too many people repurposing the wood I'm guessing...

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Are the games shipping from the batch scheduled for 6/8 or the earlier container?

These are the ones from the earlier container

#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Its worth mentioning one more time that my OG Alien by Heighway will soon be officially up for sale once I receive and am satisfied with my remake

Interesting, I'm curious about your thoughts on losing the playfield monitor and why you are "downgrading" to the Standard?

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Interesting, I'm curious about your thoughts on losing the playfield monitor and why you are "downgrading" to the Standard?

New shots. Factory support. Cabinet that lines up better with my other games. Physical ball lock. I wont miss the screen much because I'm dont really keep track of ammo and weapons(I just flail around and try to complete modes) and I prefer to watch the awesome cut scenes on the large back box monitor. That large monitor on the back box(which was an option, it came standard with no monitor at all) is one of the most striking features of the original. I'm most concerned about not liking the smaller back box monitor on the remake. I'm withholding my final decision on which to sell until I get a chance to check out my remake.

I appreciate the curiosity. Let me know if you want to drive out and see it in person. I can help you load it up

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

New shots. Factory support. Cabinet that lines up better with my other games. Physical ball lock. I wont miss the screen much because I'm dont really keep track of ammo and weapons(I just flail around and try to complete modes) and I prefer to watch the awesome cut scenes on the large back box monitor. That large monitor on the back box(which was an option, it came standard with no monitor at all) is one of the most striking features of the original. I'm most concerned about not liking the smaller back box monitor on the remake. I'm withholding my final decision on which to sell until I get a chance to check out my remake.
I appreciate the curiosity. Let me know if you want to drive out and see it in person. I can help you load it up

I feel like the back box monitor would be one of the easiest things to modify - except that not many people make square displays these days. I bought a 28" inch one back in 2012 for a virtual pin, but resolution on that is only 1080p and obviously not new fangled display tech. So on that note, not sure. I wonder who JJP sources for their giant displays.

#1108 2 years ago

Tell me this wouldn't drive you nuts....

16238782161774265579868559217586 (resized).jpg16238782161774265579868559217586 (resized).jpg
#1109 2 years ago

Heighway cab sticks out like a sore thumb

#1110 2 years ago

I mean...I have so many different vendors from different times, that is normal.

HH and Xenon specifically do not match anything else. Always have to put HH on an end.

#1111 2 years ago

Sooner or later someone will swap a heighway alien into a William's cab and install the extra magnet and physical ball lock. Then that someone can have their cake and eat it off the playfield screen.

#1112 2 years ago

I just got the scheduling email from FedEx and have it scheduled for Monday the 21st in the morning. Could have had it for Friday but I won't be around. That's ok though will give me time over the weekend to get the game room ready for the delivery. So excited woohoo!!!!!

#1113 2 years ago

One in the basement...

DSCN8479 (resized).JPGDSCN8479 (resized).JPG

... and another one in the living room.

DSCN8626 (resized).JPGDSCN8626 (resized).JPG

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Yeah I hear you, I on't think the monitor on the playfield is necessary when it just repeats the backbox monitor. I think you'll find you don't notice the smaller monitor on the backbox. It's larger than the sterns.

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just got the scheduling email from FedEx and have it scheduled for Monday the 21st in the morning. Could have had it for Friday but I won't be around. That's ok though will give me time over the weekend to get the game room ready for the delivery. So excited woohoo!!!!!

Your one of the lucky 6 people who get a pallet. The rest of us have to wait until they can get more pallets

#1116 2 years ago

Haha, I still have the pallet from my R&M if I need to send it to them to ship mine!

#1117 2 years ago

I'm totally fine waiting........but I could make two dozen pallets in three hours including the trip to home depot with a skill saw and a hammer. One hour with a gun. Maybe we should put Newt in charge?

#1118 2 years ago

Your one of the lucky 6 people who get a pallet. The rest of us have to wait until they can get more pallets

I'm sorry you have to wait a little longer my friend, but I'm sure it will be real soon. I didn't know they hadn't come on pallets till someone posted earlier

But you're always welcome to come and play a few games if you need to in the meantime

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Mine is scheduled for delivery here in California on Monday also! Woohoo!

#1120 2 years ago

No notice of shipping on mine. Who said they were short on pallets? Is this really an issue?

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm sorry you have to wait a little longer my friend, but I'm sure it will be real soon. I didn't know they hadn't come on pallets till someone posted earlier

Its alright, I'm just surprised that after all that distance it has traveled that a pallet is keeping my game from being shipped to me. LOL

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Heighway cab sticks out like a sore thumb

Does it? Which way..good or bad!? I can't be disappointed while I look at that picture..no matter which way you answer! Nice pins dude!

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Does it? Which way..good or bad!? I can't be disappointed while I look at that picture..no matter which way you answer! Nice pins dude!

Funny, the original cabinet is one of the reasons I’m not selling and getting a remake. It is fantastic.

835B8F08-15E4-41BC-AF87-707657BB2EB1 (resized).jpeg835B8F08-15E4-41BC-AF87-707657BB2EB1 (resized).jpeg06A64846-9F58-491B-B752-AF5564B065A4 (resized).jpeg06A64846-9F58-491B-B752-AF5564B065A4 (resized).jpeg
#1124 2 years ago

Me too

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No notice of shipping on mine. Who said they were short on pallets? Is this really an issue?

Yup looks that way https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-09/the-forgotten-shipping-pallet-is-staging-a-pandemic-era-rally

I was aware of world wide shortages of construction timber but it looks like timber for pallets is also impacted. It must have made loading the container with pinball machines (minus a pallet) damn hard

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yup looks that way https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-09/the-forgotten-shipping-pallet-is-staging-a-pandemic-era-rally
I was aware of world wide shortages of construction timber but it looks like timber for pallets is also impacted. It must have made loading the container with pinball machines (minus a pallet) damn hard

I can confirm as well. Mine hasn’t been shipped bc of this either. I am local though so it’s really on me as I could drive and grab it. About 4 hrs away but work is just too busy right now. Hoping it still gets shipped on Friday or Monday.

As for the OG alien cabinet, I never thought it looked bad. The head is definitely weird but overall, it looks fine and the lit up side art on the outside is a nice touch.

#1127 2 years ago

The original cabinet is different but it looks great irl. The backbox has a 2001 space odyssey vibe that fits well.

06BA9CBD-6C8E-4D7C-9B9A-10AF9C0EC33D (resized).jpeg06BA9CBD-6C8E-4D7C-9B9A-10AF9C0EC33D (resized).jpeg
#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Funny, the original cabinet is one of the reasons I’m not selling and getting a remake. It is fantastic.[quoted image][quoted image]

Totally agree, but this is the remake thread....good to see the boxes....anxious to see the unboxings and get these new things fired up!!!!

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The original cabinet is different but it looks great irl. The backbox has a 2001 space odyssey vibe that fits well.
[quoted image]

I agree with this, the one I have seen looked great but in a home lineup I could understand the challenge…..it would look good next to a monolith in a giant living room!

#1130 2 years ago

This seems so odd to me, I can drive about 10 minutes from my house and pick up piles of free pallets outside all the different warehouses and businesses. I grab them occasionally to chop up for my outdoor fire pit, free wood is free wood.

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Shipping containers of pinballs usually don't ship with the games on pallets. Because of the size of the games to the pallet, there would be a lot of empty space and they want to pack them in both to fit more games and also minimize them banging around. It's when they are individually being shipped the pallet makes more sense.

#1132 2 years ago

So you're saying we could really use deeproot's new pinball shipping technology to get these out!

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This seems so odd to me, I can drive about 10 minutes from my house and pick up piles of free pallets outside all the different warehouses and businesses. I grab them occasionally to chop up for my outdoor fire pit, free wood is free wood.

Me too, just saw two piled up outside my neighbors house waiting for the garbage pickup. They are available, but I'm sure Cointaker want's these games out of their storage so I'm sure they are trying to find some.

#1134 2 years ago

Received my game yesterday. Setup it up last night and played a few games. Found that the left and right pop bumpers are switched, plus the upper left and right flippers stick up on occasion. Will be working on the pinout for connecting a Shaker motor today as well as a bill validator.

IMG_20210617_125721778_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210617_125721778_HDR (resized).jpg
#1135 2 years ago

Congrats! For all the new owners about to get their machines, here is the support website for PB:

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/home

Still waiting on that code update…

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmike:

Received my game yesterday. Setup it up last night and played a few games. Found that the left and right pop bumpers are switched, plus the upper left and right flippers stick up on occasion. Will be working on the pinout for connecting a Shaker motor today as well as a bill validator.
[quoted image]

I love seeing these pictures! Big congrats!

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmike:

[quoted image]

She's going to be hungry after that brutal trip across the pond. Be careful.

#1138 2 years ago

Just thought about that...my first import.

#1139 2 years ago

Welp.. I was one of the unlucky ones without a pallet. They told me mine should ship out next week when they secure more pallets. They did say future games from PB will ship from PB with the pallets so that they dont run into this issue again. Sounds like a size issue, as they said the stern pallets they have are too small to use.

#1140 2 years ago
047C79F5-2F1F-45AD-9E8D-7E724AE8BD1B (resized).jpeg047C79F5-2F1F-45AD-9E8D-7E724AE8BD1B (resized).jpeg
#1141 2 years ago

LV-426 has landed. First stream with be tomorrow (6/20/2021 at 8pm EST) on Twitch - twitch.tv/hurryuppinball

#1142 2 years ago

While playing a few games with the glass off I noticed that I was not getting points on a couple of the narrow standup targets. It turned out that they were stuck closed and being ignored by the computer. I just pulled the switch forward a bit to unstick, however, they would just get stuck again with the next ball hit. So I pulled out the stuck switch and found that it was getting stuck on the PCB that has the LED and microswitch on it. I took the switch apart and filed away a small bit of the PCB to gain more clearance. This worked really well, but I must caution you on doing this, for if you file on the wrong edge you'll remove a trace that is really close to the edge of the PCB. Please see the below picture showing the correct edge to file on. Also note you'll only need to file off about half a millimeter (0.5mm) to get the extra clearance needed to insure no stuck switches in the future.

Switch Fix (resized).jpgSwitch Fix (resized).jpg
#1143 2 years ago

I went through my machine yesterday and made sure the target covers were all clearing the pcbs. I also noticed they were not super tight so the switch stack would move as they were hit. I tightened the two screws for each target after aligning them and make sure they clear the pcb. If this keeps happening, I will most likely dremel out tiny area on the target cover (on the inside part that is not seen) to fix the issues.

#1144 2 years ago

Today I've been working on understanding how a shaker motor can be added. Here is what I've learned, there is a jack labeled Shacker Motor on the Cabinet Control Box drawing, this is jack J1 as labeled on the circuit board within the box. I have confirmed that pin 1 is 48Vdc, pin 3 is 12Vdc. Pin 2 goes to pin 2 on jack J5 and pin 4 goes to jack J5 pin 4. Jack J5 is the power in connector for this control box. When in coil test for the shaker motor I see no activity on pins 2 & 4, in fact, it appears that these two pins are connected to ground all the time. So I don't know how this jack is going to control a shaker motor if the both the power and the ground are active all the time.

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

LV-426 has landed. First stream with be tomorrow (6/20/2021 at 8pm EST) on Twitch - twitch.tv/hurryuppinball

Great unboxing video, I will be watching your stream tomorrow night as mine arrives on Monday

#1146 2 years ago

Wish that was LV 426 then we would know what the LV has different.

#1147 2 years ago

greetings owners, just got mine a couple days ago and am loving it. have had to restart a bunch of times to reset, and it also keeps giving me random balls throughout the game, and sometimes doesn't register a drain... but I'm still really enjoying it when it works. hoping some code updates will iron everything out.

after playing it all day and night I had to restart one time because it kept feeding me balls and I had all of them stuck in the trough not being able to fire out.

once I cleared them out and restarted it was stuck on a blue screen flickering between volume 14 and 15. nothing I could do, no menu to access so I found an FAQ from their site to check cords and fuses so I did and sure enough found a blown fuse in the black box under the playfield.

going to get fuses today, hoping that will be the end of that and I can continue on to the next issue =)

20210620_101106 (resized).jpg20210620_101106 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1148 2 years ago

I passed my Alien yesterday driving from Utah to California. It will be delivered tomorrow!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1149 2 years ago

I encountered the flickering volume / blown fuse issue on my first day of ownership. I’ve had another blown fuse as well, but it was a different one and had different symptoms (the coils on the right side of the playfield wouldn’t fire).

I’m told that the extra balls being fed is a software issue and a fix is in the works. There are a half dozen other software annoyances that are also known by PB, like flippers losing power and dropping, and weapon target lights turning off when already lit. Please continue to report these to PB - I’m really surprised they didn’t release a software update before this container arrived in the US.

One other tip: If you ever have a ball that is not being detected in the MUTHUR shot, Airlock scoop, or ball trough (from a drain), hit both flipper buttons and it should be detected. This is also a known software issue.

#1150 2 years ago

Wish it was an LV.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.