Trough Adjustment (resized).png
New bats with logo (resized).png
Too tight (resized).png
Stuck Tongue Switch error (resized).png
Opto issue (resized).png
Adjust jaw (resized).png
Tongue Switch (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3690 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 74.
#51 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Nice collection my friend, but can you wait a year for the Alien LV?
Maybe get the SE play the crap out of it then sell it to fund the LV, just a thought I'm considering as I've waited so long for this to be remade

Save your money and just wait for the LV-LE-SLE-AE-LSE. lol

#52 10 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Save your money and just wait for the LV-LE-SLE-AE-LSE. lol

Idk, I've serious FOMO right now

#53 10 months ago

There is the possibility they never get to the LV's....hate to be that guy.....but let's face it....it is definitely a possibility.

#54 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is the possibility they never get to the LV's....hate to be that guy.....but let's face it....it is definitely a possibility.

If happens, CoinTaker can put my deposit towards Godzilla. Assuming that is the next Stern.

#55 10 months ago

Going with the SE for now. Will see what the LV brings to the table for $2k.

#56 10 months ago

I'm happy to see Alien come back great game. I'll definitely be interested in one after I see some ship out.

#57 10 months ago

So everyone who's in on an SE what are the must have mods on this game? I for one will be looking at powdercoating, the stainless just doesn't do it justice. I saw on the other thread there was a blue option but for me that green is absolutely fantastic. Pics courtesy of RTS

68a56bc11c9caad4c37f7d17dddd5bc919a361ad (resized).jpgeadd1b4ecc13df6323f78883dfbbb1aacd3b9b9d (resized).jpg
#58 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So everyone who's in on an SE what are the must have mods on this game? I for one will be looking at powdercoating, the stainless just doesn't do it justice. I saw on the other thread there was a blue option but for me that green is absolutely fantastic. Pics courtesy of rts
[quoted image][quoted image]

Green All The Way!!!!..

I wonder if the LV powder-coating will be this good from the factory. If not we know where to go.

#59 10 months ago

I don't like the green at all...doesn't fit the color scheme, too emerald. The blue does, but I still prefer straight up black.

#60 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't like the green at all...doesn't fit the color scheme, too emerald. The blue does, but I still prefer straight up black.

Green all the way.....black is so boring.

#61 10 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Green all the way.....black is so boring.

If you're going to go green, you gotta go lime green or whatever the color is. I think the original LE's had this color. Granted, I'm not a big fan of powdercoating to begin with, but I do not think the normal metal looks good with this. Thus, black.

41ltBoq45nL._AC_ (resized).jpg

#62 10 months ago

How much $ are you guys putting down for deposits? Several pinball start ups have burned people on pre-orders over the last several years. SkitB, Heighway, DP, Jpop. Crowdfunding a new pinball company has been proven bad business. Best to not to send $ until your pin is literally boxed and ready to ship. Always good to see a new company spring up, but proceed with caution.

#63 10 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

How much $ are you guys putting down for deposits? Several pinball start ups have burned people on pre-order deposits over the last several years. SkitB, Heighway, DP, Jpop. Crowdfunding a new pinball company has been proven bad business. Best to wait until they are literally boxed and ready to ship. Proceed with caution.

In US, Cointaker is only distro. They are reputable. Deposit is $1000+ ~400 shipping. It is refundable. Overall, very little risk here. It's not being crowdfunded or money to PB prior to shipment.

#64 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In US, Cointaker is only distro. They are reputable. Deposit is $1000+ ~400 shipping. It is refundable. Overall, very little risk here. It's not being crowdfunded or money to PB prior to shipment.

As Zablon states $1000 and $418 for shipping with cointaker. I feel very safe going this route. I think this is the right way it should be done. Even when Stern or Spooky or any of the "big" manufacturers have a new release it's the same way, you put your deposit down with a distro and when game is ready to ship you pay the balance.

#65 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

As zablon states $1000 and $418 for shipping with cointaker. I feel very safe going this route. I think this is the right way it should be done. Even when Stern or Spooky or any of the "big" manufacturers have a new release it's the same way, you put your deposit down with a distro and when game is ready to ship you pay the balance.

Of course a real company can do this as they are established and proven. Not a great comparison. I'm primarily against these pinball start ups doing it. Risk for buyer is probably 1000% higher.

#66 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So everyone who's in on an SE what are the must have mods on this game? I for one will be looking at powdercoating, the stainless just doesn't do it justice. I saw on the other thread there was a blue option but for me that green is absolutely fantastic. Pics courtesy of rts
[quoted image][quoted image]

That green is absolutely gorgeous!

#67 10 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Of course a real company can do this as they are established and proven. Not a great comparison. I'm primarily against these pinball start ups doing it. Risk for buyer is probably 1000% higher.

PB are not asking money, not a $ is going to PB, Cointaker is taking deposit for reserve spot...
I'm 100% sure no one here is going to lose money
(I sent my deposit yes )

#68 10 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

That green is absolutely gorgeous!

Can you imagine the green with pinstadiums going berserk with the dark green diffuser. The add some GI with red, blue and white...

Lighted frame with Bryan's art on the side....cant wait.

#69 10 months ago

Since I just found out it doesn't have it....this game needs flashers!!!

#70 10 months ago

Really there are no flashers? I've been watching a lot of streams of the original on YouTube and it sure looks like it, but then again I'm no expert

#71 10 months ago

I too have sent my deposit and I feel safe giving it to cointaker, Melissa's not let me down yet!

#72 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I too have sent my deposit and I feel safe giving it to cointaker, Melissa's not let me down yet!

Same, Melissa protects her customers. I have no worry’s sending her deposits on games, even if they havnt been built yet.

#73 10 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Same, Melissa protects her customers. I have no worry’s sending her deposits on games, even if they havnt been built yet.

She's the only one I have bought my new machines from, yes it's only been 2 but still no issues.

#74 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They've had years to plan this all out and finally get their ducks in a row before starting the teasers and and announcing the standard edition. But yeah anything could happen.

The LV's guarantee 500 more units sold which brings in the extra LV dollars on top of the standard unit price. What reasons would a company have to forfeit that? It would have to be something majorly awry for them to not capture such big sales dollars. I'm pretty sure if they aren't making those LV's down the road then they aren't making Standards then either. That would be heartbreaking!

I recently corresponded with Pinball Brothers about some LV ideas and they assured me they've already thought of most of them because they've been thinking about the LV for 2 years now.

They did say they considered capping the LV run at 426 but they believe it's just not enough games for the demand they're currently seeing. So probably "at least not more than" 500 like they mentioned in the podcast.

#75 10 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

They've had years to plan this all out and finally get their ducks in a row before starting the teasers and and announcing the standard edition. But yeah anything could happen.
The LV's guarantee 500 more units sold which brings in the extra LV dollars on top of the standard unit price. What reasons would a company have to forfeit that? It would have to be something majorly awry for them to not capture such big sales dollars. I'm pretty sure if they aren't making those LV's down the road then they aren't making Standards then either. That would be heartbreaking!
I recently corresponded with Pinball Brothers about some LV ideas and they assured me they've already thought of most of them because they've been thinking about the LV for 2 years now.
They did say they considered capping the LV run at 426 but they believe it's just not enough games for the demand they're seeing. So probably "at least not more than" 500 like they mentioned in the podcast.

Yeah, I was just saying it could all fall apart before they get to them. Hard to tell at this point, but hopefully it all works out!!

#76 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, I was just saying it could all fall apart before they get to them. Hard to tell at this point, but hopefully it all works out!!

me2

#77 10 months ago

I moved my deposit for TBL with Cointaker over to Alien LV - I requested #5 and Melissa said she would do her best to accommodate

#78 10 months ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

I moved my deposit for TBL with Cointaker over to Alien LV - I requested #5 and Melissa said she would do her best to accommodate

Hah...we're "TBL to Alien LE" Deposit moving twins! I did the same, when the podcast with PB dropped.

#79 10 months ago

how can we reserve a certain number LV?

if we get an earlier number does that mean we get ours faster? or are they letting us custom choose our numbers? so confused...

#80 10 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yeah, you can dream about things - but there is a huge difference between 'ideas' and doing the math with real numbers.

Quoted from Yipykya:

The LV's guarantee 500 more units sold which brings in the extra LV dollars on top of the standard unit price. What reasons would a company have to forfeit that?

Offering it doesn't mean you've sold it. There is no 'guarantee 500 more units sold'... especially when you have no idea what the price point or perceived value is yet. 500 is a big number... even Stern struggles to sell 500 of many of their LEs.

Quoted from Yipykya:

They did say they considered capping the LV run at 426 but they believe it's just not enough games for the demand they're currently seeing. So probably "at least not more than" 500 like they mentioned in the podcast.

You ever had a salesman tell you sales are really bad when you're talking about buying something?

People are bonkers to be all over hyped about a LE version that they don't even know what it is...

#81 10 months ago

I've heard that we may not find out what's on the LV until March, by then we could already have SE's in hand

#82 10 months ago

Honestly, not sure why they even need one. If all goes well and they are solid, the pricepoint and game are a set up for a smash success. I think the people waiting for them to be built (kinda like R&M) is going to be painful. If a container is shipped only to find out they all have major issues, that's going to be a problem. I am skeptically optimistic at this point. The refundable deposit is definitely a plus.

#83 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Honestly, not sure why they even need one

For the same reason Stern does it. The opportunity to sell a higher priced and higher margin unit. I mean look at the threads... people drool over the opportunity to pay more for the 'best version' before they even know what it is! That has manufacturers drooling to figure out how to tap that potential.

#84 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, you can dream about things - but there is a huge difference between 'ideas' and doing the math with real numbers.

Offering it doesn't mean you've sold it. There is no 'guarantee 500 more units sold'... especially when you have no idea what the price point or perceived value is yet. 500 is a big number... even Stern struggles to sell 500 of many of their LEs.

You ever had a salesman tell you sales are really bad when you're talking about buying something?
People are bonkers to be all over hyped about a LE version that they don't even know what it is...

Quite a gloomy outlook. This time around at least no one buying an Alien pin will lose any money as PB stepped out of the loop and staged the pins to go through certain key distributors for the end users. That's gotta offer a tiny bit of confidence. I remain optimistic.

#85 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I've heard that we may not find out what's on the LV until March, by then we could already have SE's in hand

Where'd you hear that? I didn't think we'd hear about the LV details that early. I was thinking the LV announcement coming around May.

#86 10 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Where'd you hear that? I didn't think we'd hear about the LV details that early. I was thinking the LV announcement coming around May.

I asked Melissa today when she thought we'd here about the details for the LV and that is what she told me.

Hopefully we'll get to see some game play vids next month on an SE

#87 10 months ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

how can we reserve a certain number LV?
if we get an earlier number does that mean we get ours faster? or are they letting us custom choose our numbers? so confused...

Melissa asked me if there is a number I wanted. She listed the ones that had already been spoken for.

I don't believe the number implies sequence of manufacturing, but I don't know how PB is gonna do it.

#88 10 months ago

I hope all of you that ordered an LV/LE get a fantastic upgrade to the SE. That would make the longer wait worth it. Personally I am #3 for an SE. I think it looks almost the same as the original and if things go according to schedule I will be able to assess weather I will buy an LV, assuming there will be any left. Either way adding a couple of mods to the SE will be ok for me. I never played the original so I won't miss the playfield screen, I don't think they are going to install it in the LV if you heard the podcast, but that does not mean you could put one on the apron.

#89 10 months ago

The SE seems like a ton of game for $7,800. Do we know if any physical gameplay features will only be on the LE or are both models the same in that regard?

#90 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The SE seems like a ton of game for $7,800. Do we know if any physical gameplay features will only be on the LE or are both models the same in that regard?

They said gameplay will not change on LV.

#91 10 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Quite a gloomy outlook. This time around at least no one buying an Alien pin will lose any money as PB stepped out of the loop and staged the pins to go through certain key distributors for the end users. That's gotta offer a tiny bit of confidence. I remain optimistic.

Not Gloomy - Grounded. Not taking huge leaps without anything supporting it.

Still alot of potential turbulence ahead. Cointaker is a great buffer - but they still are bound by what PBros actually delivers.

#92 10 months ago

Seems like the SE and LV are almost running neck and neck in the early stages of the poll. I wonder if this is because no details have been released yet about the LV or people just don't want to wait to get their hands on one of these machines

#93 10 months ago

Hard to vote on an LV when it isn't known what it includes - especially since gameplay isn't changing. It's not any different than old JJP model really. If it is all cosmetic, it will depend on the person. Unless there is something mindblowingly awesome on it that I can't get on an SE (which they already said much of it you will be able to buy for SE), I don't see the need for most people to want an LV....but again, it's all guessing for now.

I am just hyped I may finally get my hands on one. It really is my top dream theme. It doesn't hurt that it is a decent pin as well.

#94 10 months ago

Screen in pf would be something that would make me consider the LV. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'll care that much about the additional bells and whistles, especially if I can separately purchase/backfill the ones I really want.

#95 10 months ago

I might be in the minority, but personally I didn't like the screen in the playfield on the original. It was very distracting to me. I like the SE on this one without the display on the playfield and a more Stern sized LCD in the backbox. My biggest issue with the game was it was very dark, which I know fits the theme, but I couldn't see the ball a lot of times. It needs some kind of better GI lighting....not anything crazy like Pinstaidium, just a tad more illumination.

#96 10 months ago

Zablon and joetechbob I find myself in total agreement with both of you. After listening to the podcast interview in which they say you will be able to purchase the extras as add-ons in due time. The only thing that would steer me to an LV right now would be the large monitor in the back box.

Ever since I got in to pinball this has also been my dream theme and I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it

#97 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I completely disagree about it being too emerald.

The green is much darker - almost black. The pic is under direct sunlight making it look brighter than it is. It's really a black/green color. Look at the bottom of the apron that's not under light, it's practically black. Totally matches the green from the alien picture you posted above. I have this green metallic flake on my Shadow and it looks great.

The original LE green was a much brighter green that matches cartoon aliens. I think it's the same green as the AFMLE. Too bright for Alien but okay for the goofy AFM aliens. I always thought the original green was a miss.

20201222_135859 (resized).jpg
#98 10 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

I completely disagree about it being too emerald.
The green is much darker. The pic is under direct sunlight making it look brighter than it is. It's really a black/green color. Look at the bottom of the apron that's not under light, it's practically black. Totally matches the green from the alien picture you posted above. I have this green metallic flake on my Shadow and it looks great.
The original LE green was a much brighter green that matches cartoon aliens. I think it's the same green as the AFMLE. Too bright for Alien but okay for the goofy AFM aliens. I always thought the original green looked ugly.

I agree with it not looking good. It's TOO much. To each their own though. Black for me if I do anything. Although some aged Nostromo goodness might be cool too.

#99 10 months ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

zablon and joetechbob I find myself in total agreement with both of you. After listening to the podcast interview in which they say you will be able to purchase the extras as add-ons in due time. The only thing that would steer me to an LV right now would be the large monitor in the back box.
Ever since I got in to pinball this has also been my dream theme and I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it

For LV - it needs to have:
-metal rails, hinges, lockdown etc powder coated: $450
-HD glass: $300
-bigger backbox screen: $150
-cool custom screen printed translite: $100
-additional “active” mechs (?): $250
-additional static bling figures: $150
-topper: $500
-additional lighting: $25
-side art blades: $75

Would love to see them integrate playfield monitor; but I do not think this is even on the table for consideration.

So that is the $2k more - would be my guess.

What do you think??

#100 10 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For LV - it needs to have:
-metal rails, hinges, lockdown etc powder coated: $450
-HD glass: $300
-bigger backbox screen: $150
-cool custom screen printed translite: $100
-additional “active” mechs (?): $250
-additional static bling figures: $150
-topper: $500
-additional lighting: $25
-side art blades: $75
Would love to see them integrate playfield monitor; but I do not think this is even on the table for consideration.
So that is the $2k more - would be my guess.
What do you think??

H F Y B

There are 3690 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 74.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside