20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 375.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Here we are showing that our Digital Printed Playfields have Balls.
In this video we show that it is possible to digital print playfields without pooling, cracking and chipping. We were ask to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields. In this video we tried extremly to achive pooling, chipping and cracking. The only thing we could destroy is our solid work bench.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Great video Peter and Leon - looks great. Thanks for sharing

Similar to how you've pulled down a star post and the washer, have you tested over tightening a ball guide to the point where it is almost cutting into the clear? As this is the other area that pooling or chipping occurs

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You should first test the Remake !
There are several nice things missing, maybe you sell the Original and figure out that the remake is not as good as you thought.
I will also have a look on the new one but not sell my original before ! That for sure.
The nice thing is the price on the remake. Under 8K EURO is really good for a pin this days ! Specially whilst JJP and STERN are out in Europe due the funny taxes.

Totally agreed sir! I'm not moving the original out until I have my remake in hand and I've had time to play it. I just want to get started at putting together a trade. I like to move slow when it comes to trading and buying pins. It prolongs the fun.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Here we are showing that our Digital Printed Playfields have Balls.
In this video we show that it is possible to digital print playfields without pooling, cracking and chipping. We were ask to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields. In this video we tried extremly to achive pooling, chipping and cracking. The only thing we could destroy is our solid work bench.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Impressive!

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Great video Peter and Leon - looks great. Thanks for sharing
Similar to how you've pulled down a star post and the washer, have you tested over tightening a ball guide to the point where it is almost cutting into the clear? As this is the other area that pooling or chipping occurs

Here we show over tightened lane guide cutting through. You can clearly see the ridge that the metal left in the clear coat. On the sides of the ridge you cannot see any pooling. We tested this before, in a long term test, no difference, no pooling. You can see with what force we tightened the guide,
the metal post totally bent under the force and even snapped.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Here we show over tightened lane guide cutting through. You can clearly see the ridge that the metal left in the clear coat. On the sides of the ridge you cannot see any pooling. We tested this before, in a long term test, no difference, no pooling. You can see with what force we tightened the guide,
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Are the SE & LV playfields identical ? Will playfields be available for purchase separately as a part, if so what will the cost be ?

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Are the SE & LV playfields identical ? Will playfields be available for purchase separately as a part, if so what will the cost be ?

Sorry, but we cannot give any infos about marketing.
Buthamburg Team

#207 3 years ago

Here we show the final sanding process for the finish clear coat. Old school style, gentle touch.
Although we spend a lot of time for the finish clear coat, don’t expect a 100 % perfect mirror finishing like you would get from, example, Kruzmann. It is not possible time wise in production process. But the finishing is still very decent and the playfields hold up well, as in our normal, silkscreened repro playfields.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Here we show the final sanding process for the finish clear coat. Old school style, gentle touch.
Although we spend a lot of time for the finish clear coat, don’t expect a 100 % perfect mirror finishing like you would get from, example, Kruzmann. It is not possible time wise in production process. But the finishing is still very decent and the playfields hold up well, as in our normal, silkscreened repro playfields.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Looks really good pretty damn mirror like glass finish to me! Just curious what type of bonnet & wax do you guys use or recommend for your playfields ?

#209 3 years ago

When are some games going to be built?

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Looks really good pretty damn mirror like glass finish to me! Just curious what type of bonnet & wax do you guys use or recommend for your playfields ?

We use carnauba wax on our pins.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When are some games going to be built?

Cannot anwser this question, we are only producing the playfields.

Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Cannot anwser this question, we are only producing the playfields.

How many playfields have been done so far?

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Nice try. Sorry, we are not going to spread any internal infos.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Denied!!!!!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

We were asked to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Hooray for Pinball Brothers!

...and great work on the play field quality Buthamburg Team! It looks outstanding.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Thanks Peter & Leon - it's great to see this type of destructive testing and also shows the confidence that you have in your products. Well done!

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hello to all
We would love to do all our playfields with mirror finishing, but in production it is time wise just not possible. We don’t want to wake false expectations. To do a mirror finishing is to water block the playfield by hand, it is not possible using an ex-center or any other machine because of vibrations. First step would be to water block with a 800 grid, then apply 2 thin layer of clear coat. The clear coat should then cure for at least 90 days. This first step often must be repeated, depending on the base you are working with. After curing, you start again water blocking, from 1500 grid up to 3000, maybe 4000 grid. Then it is time to polish until all is very shinny. In short, that is a mirror finishing. The curing time of the clear coat is very long because you can´t bake the playfield like you would do on metal or fiber glass.
Our aim in production is to produce a very nice and well holding playfield, a playfield for you to enjoy
playing your pinball.

Have a nice day.
Regards from Hamburg.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

#217 3 years ago

Many thanks to Buthamburg for their videos and insight in to the playfields I think we can all agree that theirs is way ahead of anything the other manufacturers are putting out right now.

But where is our update from Pinball Brothers? We need some pics from you of assembled machines in the factory or in boxes ready to ship. Come on guys the waiting is torture I know first world issues lol

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Many thanks to Buthamburg for their videos and insight in to the playfields I think we can all agree that theirs is way ahead of anything the other manufacturers are putting out right now.
But where is our update from Pinball Brothers? We need some pics from you of assembled machines in the factory or in boxes ready to ship. Come on guys the waiting is torture I know first world issues lol

I dunno man. They’re still building pf’s, so I’m thinking assembled games are a ways away.

#219 3 years ago

You would think PB has a few of these play fields in their possession already.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno man. They’re still building pf’s, so I’m thinking assembled games are a ways away.

But if you look at their first video they were doing the play fields in the beginning of November so you would think Pinball Brothers has had plenty of time to put at least some games together since then, wouldn't you?

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

But if you look at their first video they were doing the play fields in the beginning of November so you would think Pinball Brothers has had plenty of time to put at least some games together since then, wouldn't you?

Not sure when they locked in their Italian assembly setup. Anyone know?

#222 3 years ago

I badly need a great looking working Alien but I waited 4y I can wait more... If possible not more than 2m

Super great to see @buthamburg! PF looks really super! Are these PFs 1st or 2nd batch?

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

If possible not more than 2m

Don't know if I can wait that long

Quoted from legendpin:

Super great to see buthamburg! PF looks really super! Are these PFs 1st or 2nd batch?

I would guess first batch seeing as in the video it was made at the beginning of November 2020

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

I badly need a great looking working Alien but I waited 4y I can wait more... If possible not more than 2m
Super great to see buthamburg! PF looks really super! Are these PFs 1st or 2nd batch?

Same here. I've been reminding my wife that I'm going to need $10,000 at some point for the past 4 years. I don't think she thought the time would ever come, but it has. I'm really excited. I hope it all works out!

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Don't know if I can wait that long

While good things are worth waiting for....and I have no problem in doing so, I’d just love to know what’s the anticipated upgrades for the LV. When the other companies release different models simultaneously they divulge to you what separates them so you can make the best decision that suits your needs, all we got was a $2,200 price increase & left to guess what the upgrades will be.

I’m also baffled as to why if they claimed SE games would ship in January why they don’t have at least a teaser video short clip of the game play.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

<quote>Don't know if I can wait that long </quote>
I’m also baffled as to why if they claimed SE games would ship in January why they don’t have at least a teaser video short clip of the game play.

I hear ya. They still have a couple more weeks to support their claim tho.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I hear ya. They still have a couple more weeks to support their claim tho.

Maybe they've hit an unexpected issue in the build process or with the new game enhancements (extra magnet, the secret airlock entrance etc) ???

Either way I'm happy to sit tight and wait for the time being ....

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Maybe they've hit an unexpected issue in the build process or with the new game enhancements (extra magnet, the secret airlock entrance etc) ???

That could very well be but communication could go a long way to settling a lot of nervous people around here. How hard can it be to post pictures of the factory assembling the games? Before the reveal they were posting pictures daily on Facebook and now nothing for a month!

#229 3 years ago

Not nervous, just anxious.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not nervous, just anxious

Well put, better choice of words!

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Either way I'm happy to sit tight and wait for the time being

Maybe we could build a fire.
Sing a couple of songs?
Why don't we try that?

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Maybe we could build a fire.
Sing a couple of songs?
Why don't we try that?

God damn it, that's not all! Because if one of those things gets down here then that will be all! Then all this - this bullshit that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!

#233 3 years ago

Thought it was interesting of those that voted on the pole as of now 70% are in on Alien SE / LV.

The SE / LV is dead even at 35% each (43 votes) & that’s without any info on the LV upgrades.

My questions are did Pinball Brothers state the amount of LV’s being made, & how many are being allocated to what countries ?! Is it going to presumably be a global total of 426? You have one US distributor which is CoinTaker, wondering how many LV’s they will be allocated.

Also curious to know how much the pole voting will change once they finally introduce the included upgrades / options for the LV.

D0A41842-029C-47DF-87EA-5D39EE487285 (resized).jpegD0A41842-029C-47DF-87EA-5D39EE487285 (resized).jpeg

#234 3 years ago

If it helps, I didn't vote, as I'm sure many people didn't.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Thought it was interesting of those that voted on the pole as of now 70% are in on Alien SE / LV.
The SE / LV is dead even at 35% each (43 votes) & that’s without any info on the LV upgrades.
My questions are did Pinball Brothers state the amount of LV’s being made, & how many are being allocated to what countries ?! Is it going to presumably be a global total of 426? You have one US distributor which is CoinTaker, wondering how many LV’s they will be allocated.
Also curious to know how much the pole voting will change once they finally introduce the included upgrades / options for the LV.
[quoted image]

500 LVs world wide. At least that is what has been stated from people listening to their podcast.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it helps, I didn't vote, as I'm sure many people didn't.

I voted inaccurate just to add to the excitement

#237 3 years ago

New Facebook post from Pinball Brothers but they are offering no new information but a nice read

Link to article,
https://ausretrogamer.com/alien-pinball-by-pinball-brothers-the-beast-is-back/

Facebook (resized).JPGFacebook (resized).JPG
#239 3 years ago

I agree and certainly an exciting time for pinball, I would love to finally see what's included in the LV's though.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree and certainly an exciting time for pinball, I would love to finally see what's included in the LV's though.

Same here.....

I hope a topper and a few extra toys.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Looking at this picture never gets old.

Speaking of which, what is everyone's take on the metal ramps with a mirror finish? On the left ramp you can see the ceiling clear as a day. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but isn't there a reason why metal ramps are not chromed in general?

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not nervous, just anxious.

Sorry, this is funny.

PSA: Anxious means nervous anticipation. People typically mean Eager when they say Anxious.

anx·ious

adjective
1. experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
"she was extremely anxious about her exams"

2. wanting something very much, typically with a feeling of unease.
"the company was anxious to avoid any trouble"

Definitions from Oxford Languages

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

2. wanting something very much, typically with a feeling of unease.
"the company was anxious to avoid any trouble"

As an Alien Pinball customer, I am definitely interested in avoiding trouble.

#244 3 years ago

Have just confirmed that Pinball Brothers are supposed to be making an announcement tomorrow and they do have some machines ready to go on the boat and they are air freighting a couple to Cointaker, so hopefully there will be news tomorrow

#245 3 years ago

How long does it take these things to go through customs if air freighted? Same time frame for boat shipments? Just curious.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Have just confirmed that Pinball Brothers are supposed to be making an announcement tomorrow and they do have some machines ready to go on the boat and they are air freighting a couple to Cointaker, so hopefully there will be news tomorrow

Dope!

20210117_100841 (resized).jpg20210117_100841 (resized).jpg
#247 3 years ago

Seems like things are coming along fast, looking forward to seeing this resurrection.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Hopefully part of the news is that they will divulge LV information.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

If this is true, I find it even MORE odd that they haven't released 1 video of gameplay. I mean....seriously?!? You expect folks to put $10k into a machine that went tits up a few years ago....and you don't demonstrate it once? Even after announcing it almost a month ago?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 375.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.