IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 1 year ago

I'm really excited that all the people who say they want unlicensed themes will soon have another chance to not buy one again.

#146 1 year ago

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to reveal your game the same week somebody else does.

The Stones and Beatles communicated and timed their releases to not step on each other.

Doesn't help anybody to be fighting for attention at the same time.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What do you think... does Galactic Tank Force annoucne this week or are they going to wait until everyone is out of funds and space?

Everybody wants to have something at TPF so they'll announce.

I'm sure we'll get a smattering of "I'm out on Foos/Godfather and I'm IN ON A GALACTIC!" but I think the lack of a license (once again) is gonna hurt them badly. Everybody wants unlicensed themes but they don't buy them.

#325 1 year ago

If this game drives AP out of business, will we send the remaining stock to the US Army or Ukraine for use as training exercise targets?

#340 1 year ago

Some fears I have:

Will this become sentient and destroy the rest of my collection?

Will it be kidnapped by a group of Shriners for use in their fleet?

If my floor is not level, will it roll into the kitchen?

If I attempt a death save, will it fire back?

It’s all very unsettling.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Levi’s afraid of being recruited to join the force.

I think I’m too old and I’d never pass the piss test.

Galactic tank forcing is a young person’s game.

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The vast majority of "outside the box" ideas shouldn't leave the napkin they were written on. So far, this seems like one of them.

The box is a good place to be. Especially in pinball.

I mean, it’s literally a box.

#451 1 year ago

Hey if someone could photoshop gif me a bunch of 60 year old Shriners driving around in these things during a parade with those fez on their heads I’d appreciate it.

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

You'll have to do without animation, I've already exceeded the allotted "fucking around in photoshop" time for the weekend.
[quoted image]

That’ll do pickle. That’ll do.

#500 1 year ago

All you “I’m so exited to see something different!” People better speak with your wallets or this is the last time we are ever going to see anything “different” in the industry for the foreseeable future.

This game appears to be the kind of “car built for homer” monstrosity I’m always telling you folks pinball companies can’t afford to build.

So prove me wrong!

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

You should throw out the first donation to get the ball rolling!

No, I’m saving my Pennies and support for homepin’s spinal tap CE released in a giant Stonehenge cabinet.

#673 1 year ago

Big dumb target bank in the middle

Posts between the flippers

It’s a 1965 gottlieb throwback

Could be cool to play for sure but people should know what they are Getting with this one. If you are into modern style games might not be for you.

Also, you better like purple.

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

The Oscars? They still do that?

No. They don’t still do the Oscar’s.

#931 1 year ago

This new wave are like Benny blanco from the Bronx. No respect for the street code.

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude. Dialed In.
I'll be honest, this game looks amazing so far. I'm shocked as I've had zero interest from American Pinball until just now. This looks so effing cool.

Yes dialed in. And also BKSOR (a license on an unlicensed).

Jjp and stern’s worst-selling games of the Pinside era.

Time to step up folks.

It’s pinball. It’s outer space. It’s babes. It’s space lasers. This is what you want. Buy it!

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:Yes, everything is about the United States of America.
The rest of the world didn't do anything in the 1950's and we still don't.
I looked up Ben and Jerry's, started in 1978, what the fuck has that got to do with 1950's?
And why do you think that now i've learnt there is an ice cream chain in North America that was not there in the 50's i will appreciate constant references to it in my pinball machine?
What has vegemite got to do with it?
YourUndiesareShowingPunkin

Settle down Beavis!

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I posted that last night man

If the Godfather thread was big enough for 96 "It's Godfather 3 only!" jokes, we can handle two ice cream references!

1 week later
#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Is no manufacturer going to try and compete with Stern on the Pro level? .

No. Clearly nobody can.

#2399 1 year ago

Why does every old guy in pinball think he's funny?

This is embarrassing and sad.

#2413 1 year ago

Stop calling this "camp."

Camp is supposed to have humorous qualities.

#2421 1 year ago

This is definitely going to finish off not only Nordman's career, but most likely American Pinball.

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Need to see actual play to decide if I can overcome these shortcomings.

No you don't.

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I see all the people who say "no not like that" when demanding original themes are out in full force

Not like this!

#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Like Rush ? Lmfao

Yes, it definitely brings to mind one of the worst qualities of Rush, which is wall to wall Canadian Dad Jokes.

Still, while they have a lot of groaners, I'd say the Rush guys somehow escaped with their dignity intact, which is a lot more than you can say for the professor and captain fantasy or what have you

#2576 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

AP, moving forward

Do you really think that's a concern?

This is the end of the line.

#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You guys take your retro scifi ice cream pinball themes too seriously. It looks like a blast

Does it look like blast to pay $10K for and display in your home? Where other people will see it? Where you may have to explain it to your friends and loved ones?

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

My distributor already sold out of the Signature editions

Your distributor is lying.

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love it when others hate it.

Well today is your lucky day!

You are REALLY buying one of these things?

#2894 1 year ago

I watched the trailer 17 more times!

And you know what?

It’s still horrible and embarrassing. And outrageous!

#2904 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I watched it 3 times. Yes, there should have been way more pinball action, but it was campy as hell and fun.
I have a feeling there is another game play trailer coming

So you think I’m overreacting?

I honestly can’t see how AP survives this. I mean how do they sell more than a handful of these things?

Maybe in a couple years we’ll look back on this and see how off I was!

#3114 1 year ago

Hey if you guys think this is super goofy fun and the kind of innovative outside the box pinball you've been clamoring for since the last Cactus Canyon rolled off the line, good for you. Enjoy!

Your support can help get more games like this made, and more fiftysomething former playmates gigs in the burgeoning field of original LCD screen content that this movement is fueling.

I'm not gonna get angry that this humor is landing with some of you, even if I don't wholly understand it. I hope you enjoy your long and winding journey with the Queen, the Professor, and all of these other quirky, funny-bone tickling inhabitants of this hilarious world under glass!

TO THE LAB! May your days be filled with the childlike wonder of giggle-inducing sprinkles!

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When prices are $11k-17k, thinking this game
is a wise investment is foolish.

I know we can't help but discuss price with everything these days, but for me it's not really too interesting in this case. I mean, this is just what most pinball machines cost these days.

It's not about the price. It's about buying into this whimsical world of the The Boss, Panther, the Queen, and the Professor.

Either you are buying in, or you aren't. The price, a few thousands in either direction, really isn't gonna sway you if you aren't willing to welcome these characters into your home and into your life.

I guess I just don't have the imagination and sense of humor required to take that leap. But I don't want your pity! Just your understanding.

#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I like how everyone is crapping on the trailer. We do not know if that is actually in the game or its just people having fun.

You think they hired actors and spent almost $200 on costumes, lighting, and sets to NOT have hours of this stuff in the game?

I think some of you guys may be in denial. If you buy this game, these characters are going to become a huge part of your lives.

TO THE LAB!

#3143 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Coincidentally, CrazyLevi is one of those who blasted me for criticizing the clip art on AIQ. Called me a "newb" and said nobody pays attention to the screen.

Once a generation, a game comes along that completely moves the needle. Shifts the Paradigm. CHanges the game. Causes you to completely blow up your Id and ego, and build yourself back up from the level of infancy, and radically alters the way your neurons fire, and your thinking progresses.

Galactic Tank Force is such a game. I will never again say that what's on the screen doesn't matter. Not as long as the Galactic Tank Force is on patrol!

Everything is different now.

TO THE LAB!

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hes a Stern dealer, bag on the competition, and hail Stern as the second coming of whatever he holds dear, is his MO!

Stern lacks the imagination and wit to ever come up with original content as compelling, ingenious, and hilarious as what we are being served up with Galactic Tank Force.

It's a dark day for Stern. They've lost the battle. Can they come back from this and win the war?!

It's your move, Stern. Hold my scepter.

#3154 1 year ago

The humor of Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons was simply the appetizer, the amuse bouche.

The pinball community, industry, and players lapped it up, and demanded more!

Are you ready to gorge on the trough of hilarious delights that is the main course?

Here it is. Nordman unchained!!!

If you can handle it.

#3225 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just a general statement about all the manufactures not releasing production numbers.

Williams was a public company and was therefore obligated to release production numbers.

Stern (and all the other current companies) isn't and is not.

No secret. That's how it works. Williams wasn't releasing those numbers to appease hobbyists or just for fun.

#3295 1 year ago

I think most of us are just tired of talking about prices. Finally.

This costs what a bunch of other games cost now. This is the standard premium / LE / sucker fish model that everybody in the industry but Stern has adopted (they also have a pro).

We can really just judge these releases and our initial reaction without considering price. All these games are more or less priced the same so why continue bloviating about it?

Nothing has changed for me in weeks -

Most excited to play

Pulp
Foo
Godfather
Tank Farce

I’ll probably never get around to playing the latest p3

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

It 100% says “miss me miss me, now you have to kiss me”. I got it to say that about 10 times in a row. It is kind of cheesy.

I just can’t imagine having one of these in my house.

Your mileage may vary!

#4031 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hmmm
[quoted image]

The humor is off the charts!!!!

Has there ever been a funnier game?!

This is like whoa Nellie, but turned up to 11!!!!!!!

#4291 1 year ago

Everybody fussing about some dumb game play video we’ll have all forgotten about in a week, and zero fucks given about the real, dare I say only, concern of note:

Does this game feature more tit jokes or more dick jokes?

I’m guessing in the end, tit jokes takes it by a boob or so. But we’ll see!

#4334 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Speaking of, where is the boob?

He rules the Queen thread!

#4460 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm an idiot for just now realizing this, but yeah, "there's a shuttle in it!" was probably a huge reason Space Shuttle was a hit. I'd always heard it saved the industry, never understood why since to me it's an average game at best, but I'm not really charmed by static toys. Now I sorta get it.

That toy space shuttle caused quite a stir, as did the constant multiball, cool sound, and return of speech after a few years.

Right game at the right time.

#4493 1 year ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Kind of a bummer how even though Stern STILL has like 90% of the market, even with all these new companies, they still are very unfriendly towards "competitors". .

What does this even mean?

One of their designers/faces of the company routinely does high profile streams highlighting the work and helping sell games for their major competitors.

What could possibly be more "friendly" than that?

#4498 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh no, they've commercialized pinball.[quoted image]

It is a true tragedy that the pinball industry is now focused on making a profit rather than the old days, when it was all about losing money to put smiles on kids' faces.

But let's face it...while the non-profit pinball industry succeeded without profits for 80 years or so, the time has come for them to keep up with the times and finally come up with a way to pay for all of it and even make some money.

it couldn't last forever! Which leads us to the tragedy of today's 3D-printed toys.

#4502 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

This is commonly referred to as a "cookie-cutter" approach to product development in business and academic contexts...

Huh.

Unlike the 600 Gottlieb EMs are that are all basically identical.

The pinball hobby continues to be a magnet for insane, extremely verbose people who do not understand how business works, have zero understanding or knowledge of pinball history, and think pinball companies should not be allowed to make money.

#4508 1 year ago

Is this Ice "Flow Monster" thing catching on?

Or is like the old "white butthole" insider connect light slam that failed to stick?

#4510 1 year ago

A "toy" is just something that looks cool on a pinball machine. That's what the space shuttle is. That's what the Thing Hand is. That's what this thing is on 1975 Blue Max.

Some toys are cool, some are stupid, some look great, some are shitty, some touch the ball, some don't. Carry on.
blue (resized).jpgblue (resized).jpg

#4517 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh, and I do love my Stern BondLE since Levi has decided to put his pitchfork back in the closet!

It's not exactly on ice. Could re-emerge at any moment!!

I do like the latest code update. 12 more like that and we should be in good shape!

#4551 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Stern has undoubtedly stepped up its marketing strategies, adapting to the initiatives taken by JJP. They have consistently been at the forefront of operator-focused pinball machines.
It seems that Stern's high overhead costs may be a limiting factor. They have multiple design teams, for example, groups of up to 10 working together to create a game over a two-year period. ROI!?
The introduction of a disruptive player with more advanced marketing capabilities could potentially shake up the industry. We've witnessed this kind of transformation within the automotive sector.
It's important to recognize that JJP's licensed products, CGC's remakes, and the offerings from newcomers and niche manufacturers like AP might pose a more significant threat to Stern than one might anticipate.
Displacing Stern from their pinball dominance might seem far-fetched, and if they can maintain their agility, they have a good chance of staying on top.
However, at this moment, it's worth noting that one needs to invest in a Premium/LE model to truly experience the complete package. Some of their recent launches have been met with skepticism, and their new pricing has been considered unreasonable by many, operators and collectors alike.

This has got to be one of those Chat bots right?

#4553 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I was absent the week the term “white butthole” for insider connect was introduced.
Fads sure pass quickly around here.

Pinmeister typed it 45 times in 3 days and finally gave up on it, after it was pointed out many times that buttocks are not convex, and that buttholes are not white, but actually the absence of light.

That original Insider Connect thread is pretty hilarious. It was never going to catch on and in fact represented a sign of the end of the world.

As an aside, Christie Brinkley is 70 years old.

#4610 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

AP needs to get some control of this entire rollout.
It’s a good product and has gained my interest.
Justified or not, insulting potential customers expressing opinions on a forum..not the best marketing strategy.

The inmates are running the asylum!!!

And they all think you settled for less hot wives than you should have!!

#4764 1 year ago

Does this game really taunt players by repeatedly saying "Miss me miss me now you gotta kiss me?" or was that just a weird fever dream I had during the TPF coverage?

Same question posed for the "fudge packing mode."

#4770 1 year ago

Yeah nobody gives a shit about the "bond reveal shitshow" besides the verbose pinside historians - today, the game is fine and is getting better with every belated code update, and there don't seem to be any 3D printed crap on the playfield and the code also isn't a depository for groan-inducing grandpa jokes.

And the Bond crew has been subjected to far more abuse and scorn from "the fans" than anybody involved in GTF, yet they've managed to keep their shit together and not come in here picking fights by comparing pinball machines to aging supermodels and peoples' wives.

#4775 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Believe Jack is streaming tonight, will be interested to see if this happens on the game he has :-

"Why isn't Stern nicer to the little guy! Competition is good for everybody!"

One of their highest-profile employees is streaming GTF tonight.

"I was thinking more like they should share their profits with their competitors and ask them permission before they buy licenses."

#4792 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You left out JJPOTC with the spinning disc-gate - that was on top for awhile.

LMAO....MAN people wanted that pointless 3 way spinning disc. For some reason.

#4804 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

No confusion. Screen literally says 'Fudge Packed:' with a number when you drain or the mode ends. I believe it's even on the Hollywood Arcade video.

Like everything else with this game if you buy in to the entire concept, you'll love shit like this. And the tit jokes. And dick jokes. And everything else about it.

The more Hawaiian shirts you have in your closet, the more likely you are to embrace the humor. It's not for everybody, and I can respect that.

If you are the kind of guy who was annoyed that Elvira 3 was "too PC" despite the fact that it had pinball's first explicit anal sex joke, this game is for you.

If you watch those progessive "turn into your dad" commercials and say "I don't get the joke," this game is for you.

If you are one of the 45 people who bought Whoa Nellie Giant Juicy Tits, this game is for you.

If you've branded everything you don't like as "woke," this is the game for you!

It really is a "lifestyle game," and in some small way, I respect that. It's "Nordman unchained." It's a perfectly distilled vision of what a certain segment of the population, and a large segment of the pinball hobby, are gonna find absolutely fucking hilarious. If this tickles your funny bone and checks all the boxes, and makes pinball great again for you, BUY THIS GAME. Show it's what you want, support it with your wallet, and maybe you'll get more games like these.

There's really something for everybody with all the new releases.

#4834 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

what did I miss on the art guy's rant? what did he say? Was it deleted?

Sorry dude the statue of limitations is up on this one!

#4851 1 year ago

I don't think anybody is calling for the game to be banned or "canceled" so put away your wokeforks.

Some people just think it's stupid and/or offensive and won't buy it. Nothing wrong with that right? Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I mean, the game ain't for me, and I decided that long before seeing the game had hilarious jokes about fudge packing. But if you want to buy it and proudly display it next to your signed Larry the Cable guy poster, hey I'm all for it. Go for it!

#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Funny as hell. [quoted image]

See? This guy should DEFINTELY buy this game, once he is able to compose himself and recover from the fits of uranus/fudge induced laughter.

There's something for everybody. GTF isn't just a game; it's a true lifestyle brand.

I have a feeling Ice is gonna end up buying a GTF for every room in his house!

#4862 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

…single-handedly introduces “woke” into the conversation then tells us all to stop.

Ummm clearly you didn't read the last 5 posts of page 97?

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you guys see David Fix saying they've sold 2000 of these?

If true, that's an awful lot of fudge packed and ice cream licked!!!

#4968 1 year ago

Seems like a lot of people think "campy" is supposed to mean "corny and not funny." I can assure you that isn't the case!!

Check out a John Waters movie sometime!

#4982 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

This speculation thread is at a point where it should be shut down.

Pretty sure that's never happened?

The hype thread is for general chitchat, criticism, and woke debates.

Owner's threads are for jerking each other off about how awesome the game is, and pitchfork mobs when code updates slow.

This is the established order of things around here! If one of the threads isn't to your liking perhaps the other one will prove to be.

#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nothing but vanilla and milquetoast from here on out. Some very sensitive people
for sure.

That's not true!

You can literally buy a pinball machine with a "fudge packing mode" and doubtless countless dick jokes, today.

Speak with your wallet! If you want more chocolate and rebellious from here on out, BUY GALACTIC TANK FORCE! This is the game you've been waiting for, and your support is important.

Nobody bought Whoa Nellie, and that fiasco set back junvenille pinball humor by a decade. Now's your chance to help rectify this injustice!

#5018 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:stop trying to discuss pinball machines on a pinball machine discussion forum

It's unseemly!!!

#5032 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I love how your trying to school him in having some "respect" as you lay into him condescendingly and patronizingly, with a sprinkle of name calling.

Warning...sprinkles may cause giggles!!!!

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What's your favorite feature on the game thus far? Try to sell me the game. AP has barely tried to
I want to like it...

Damn Trey I thought you were in!

#5046 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

AP gonna sell a ton of these games. Regular edition.

This!

Or they'll be out of business in a year.

#5069 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

So far this thread is about as confusing as AP's marketing!!!

It's a lot like placing a big horizontal wall of targets in the center of a playfield on a modern pinball machine; what else do you expect besides unbridled chaos (and countless airballs?)

#5088 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know you’re joking but you are right that it could happen.

Dead serious on that one.

Can't imagine they are going to do anything but lose a ton of money on Galactic Ice Cream Squad.

#5092 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think you are wrong. Nothing in pinball loses $$$ or ever goes down. Higher prices, more pins and still people jumping all over themselves to jump in to buy anything.
$9k is chump change it appears in todays market, especially for what you get here. ?
I think some guy named Levi keeps pounding that table?
My distro said he’s far exceeded expectations with GTF
Now WHY anyone would want to make pins or invest in the them is truly beyond me.
I’d be selling short Stern or any of them right now

The “they” I was referring to you wasn’t you. It was AP.

#5109 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

How about:
1- In living color
2- The Boondocks (HBO max)
3- Black Jesus ( HBO Max)
4- South Park
These shows are "outrageously" funny.

These all get a pass!!

#5173 1 year ago

I don’t know if you are trying to turn me on…but don’t stop!!

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

It better climb stairs and have a fleshlight for 5k.

So you can have sex with it!

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Do you have a space for that on your bingo card?

It's on there already!

bingo (resized).jpgbingo (resized).jpg
#5423 1 year ago

Until I hear publicly from some higher ups at Stern that they are just delighted that deadflip continues to feature other companies' products I'm not going to assume that they are.

It seems a little odd to me!

#5434 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Does the industry allow artists to do work for other manufacturers? Do pinball designers contract with more than one company at a time? What’s the difference with Jack’s arrangement? I’m sure he’s happy to know that we’re all so interested in his terms of employment. Fak.

Depends upon the arrangement.

Dirty Donnie decided to take a (probably paltry) check from Suncoast for that Cosmic Carnival fiasco and was never heard from again in the industry (to the detriment of pinball; nobody does rock-themed games like he does).

Nordman seems to be working for 6 different pinball companies at a time, all the time, and nobody seems to bat an eye.

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Pro Players and code fanatics, pinballs are primarily entertainment machines, not sporting devices. Stern's been leading the charge on pinflation, .

People have been saying this forever and it never makes any sense to me. It's complete bollocks.

NIB prices began to "pinflate" when JJP entered the game 10 years ago. Before JJP came on the scene, the idea of an NIB game going for over $4500 was considered laughable. JJP made this acceptable and everybody else followed suit.

Stern STILL sells the cheapest commercial pinball machines with their pros.

Every other pinball company charges more for their regular production games.

Stern has ALWAYS been playing catch up in the "who can charge the most" for their machines game, excluding low-production one-offs. Yet there are still people who blame them the most for rising NIB costs.

Color me befuddled as to why people (and not just noobs like Flipperworks) continue to push this narrative.

#5484 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Sure, but it's pretty common in a lot industries that the market leader is undercutting the competition. You act like Stern is at a lower price out of goodwill. They know what they are doing.
Unlike... well, you know.

This isn’t rocket science dude. They didn’t undercut anybody before JJp showed up - they were literally the only Company in business for 10 years.

Other companies showed up, charged much higher prices, and “pinflation” was on.

But for a decade people have been whining about Stern raising prices and being responsible for “pinflation.”

Makes zero sense to me.

#5696 1 year ago

There ain’t gonna be no “$8k classic” version of this shit heap.

You’d rather have this thing and $500 than a stern premium? That’s the choice.

Hey good luck with that.

#5790 1 year ago

Pointless aside on Congo;

The stupid monkey game thing isn’t the amy toy, it’s just a dumb monkey game.

The actual “amy” toy is the monkey at the top left of the playfield, and I consider it quite clever actually! She “holds” the ball and then releases it into play back to the upper left flipper for another shot during the Amy hurry up.

#5825 1 year ago

This thread just ain't right without SLAMTILT telling us he invented airballs and bad live LCD scenes, and "fudge packing" jokes in pinball. Hope he's ok!

#5872 1 year ago

The easiest way to settle this dumb and never ending argument is to buy a galactic tank force. Or don’t. And let the crumbs fall where they may!!

I’m no expert, but I just don’t understand how Ap can remain in business putting out the likes of Oktoberfest and GTF. Who the Hell is buying this nonsense?

Is AP a loss-leader tax shelter for some govt contractor? Is it some rich guy losing millions a year just to give his kids something to run and keep them off the streets?

Are they actually somehow selling these gaudy paperweights?

We may never know. But clearly, if you think unlicensed is the way to go, speak with your wallet and keep this river of wacky themes nobody is asking for flowing!

We may even finally get to see Food Truck in all its glory!

#5878 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Line deep at TPF as well. Kills it.
Whoever buys any new Mario rights could throw a piece of PVC pipe on a white wood and make out really well.

Sounds like a job for Homepin!

#5881 1 year ago

At the very least, I hope AP has finally figured out that “comedy pins” are way too had to pull off for a mass audience. It’s simply way too easy to fall flat on your face (especially with a “original” joke theme) which is why you don’t see smart pinball companies building their games around fart, dick, and gay sex jokes.

Well, at least going back to family guy. But let’s at least acknowledge that family guy had legitimate professional comedic talent behind it, and had a built in following.

If this game were just another Afm concept ripoff it would at least have a chance. GTF and Oktoberfest are what happens when people who think they are funny are allowed to completely run the show and drive the Concept.

It’s painful to watch unfold.

#5892 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:True. WMS pinball went under due to lack of sales. MM was not overly popular at less than 4500 units. AFM same. Today they’re worth gold bullion!

Since we are taking a trip down memory lane I’ll tell you what I always heard from the old timers -

MM and AFM were both very good earners and they could have sold a ton more to operators at the time but that’s just not how Williams did things. Pinball was on the decline and those were the production runs and that was it. They didn’t “vault” games like stern or have any kind of flexibility.

It’s all moot anyway. Comparing these ancient games to modern unlicensed themes built around aging boomer humor is a complete joke. We all know it makes zero sense to claim the popularity of a 25 year old game has any relevance to marketing new games.

#5913 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Show me on the doll where AP touched you, as you seem pretty bent out of shape over this "heap" of a pinball machine. Its going to be ok..

See, with a cutting edge wit and fresh original jokes like that in your arsenal, why aren’t YOU writing scripts for AP?

#5948 1 year ago

Unlike sprinkles and 7th grade in 1985 fudge-packing jokes, this banal discussion of Pinside collection ratings technicalities does not give me the giggles!

In fact it's introducing serious airballs into this conversation!

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

From AP site.
Seems pretty straightforward to me!
[quoted image]

Compare to this sample description on the stern web site:

“James bond.”

#6012 1 year ago

Are all Pinsiders with Roger Daltrey avatars insane?

#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

We have not heard evidence of a single non-show pin leaving the warehouse. So my best guess is GTF is running on 0 lines, as of last week..

You have to build zero games a day to obtain the kind of care and quality that Stern simply can't match with their rushed "high capacity" production line.

#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You forgot dimples. People love to complain about dimples.

It was my understanding that dimples may cause giggles.

#6058 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Don’t forget the led lights in his mask to mimic talking and that handsome feather on his helm. The BK toy is among the best engineered Stern toys of recent years.

And not a single person who demands "innovation" or "mechs" was satisfied with it, or even bothered to take note of it.

#6069 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Is this tread about Black Knight or the new American Pinball Galactic Tank Force?

I thought it was about stern’s quality control.

#6108 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

She looks like she might be giggling yet I see a distinct lack of sprinkles

I heard they considered hiring Christie for the live action but her acting was deemed not “campy” enough.

1 week later
#6327 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

People whining about a center target bank when attack from Mars is #5 on pinside.
Nice.

People continuing to say that when it’s apples and oranges.

Lower the AFM bank a few inches and make it twice as wide and let’s talk.

#6334 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

It's still the same concept and risk levels.
First of all you could have said move it back UP the playfield, but your eagerness to try to own me got in the way.
But it's still the same thing flat or not, the same risks and rewards are their
With the two games.
Both need multiball to attack the center bank but with attack from Mars has a bit of a higher risk of SDTM because, the ball is basically blocked and has to head back down this is a risky shot with even with nudging.
Multiball are both needed here to attack the centerbank with GTF and AFM.
You can try harder.

And if my basset Hound had wheels he’d be a Wagon.

#6336 1 year ago

Ok. Galaxtic tank force is exactly the same as AFM.

Now that this is established, sales should really pick up!

#6361 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

As Ferret stated above, same approximate width. And it's not *way* further back, AFM is only about another 20% further.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now you guys are just picking on me.

I’ve already conceded that this game is exactly like AFM In every way.

What more do you want?! It’s just getting cruel.

GTF is one of the best layouts in pinball history. And the humor?

Chef’s kiss!

If you like AFM, you simply MUST buy Galactic tank force or you are nothing but a hypocrite of low Character!!! (Maybe buy two of them just to be safe)

#6363 1 year ago

I have a personal vendetta against stupid arguments such as “GTF remotely resembles AFM in a kind of esoteric way therefore if you like AFM you need to like GTF.”

And hey, child abuse jokes are hilarious. Really jibes with the whole vibe of this project so keep ‘em coming! Maybe they can work some of that into a future code update.

#6366 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Looks like the flippers might be 20% moved up also?
You can see in the pic, red lines show huge differences in shots to tank and saucer.
Also this ice cream cone is 20% bigger then the other!

Careful dude. Your causal observation of the painfully obvious truth that GTF and AFM have different playfield layouts and that it’s possible to like one and not the other might lead to accusations of bias or being abused by an ice cream man in your youth!

#6393 12 months ago

I think once it was established that GTF is exactly the same gene in every conceivable way as AFM, the thread simply had nowhere to go.

The haters have all been owned!

#6408 12 months ago

Since we are all breaking fresh news today, I'd like to announce something:

I'm not in one of these and I think it's one of the dumbest concepts and worst playfields I've seen in a new game in a long time.

I just thought you guys should know!

#6416 12 months ago

If thread were a pinball machine, it would be Galactic Tank Force.

#6421 12 months ago

Well, I've already played AFM so I can say it's an awesome "shooter" and classic playfield layout that will age like fine wine.

But I just can't get past the stupidity of the theme and content.

1 week later
#6514 11 months ago

Do you really have to be a "high stakes tournament player" to want a playfield that makes sense?

This is a new argument I'm starting a see a lot that you didn't see much in the old days.

"Yeah, you can never see the ball on Popeye, and the playfield layout is terrible. But I don't care cause I'm not some kind of highfalutin tournament player who wants to be able to see both the pinball and the shots I'm aiming for. I'm just having fun!"

"Yeah, bugs Bunny Birthday Bash is a horrible game in almost every way. But I'm not a high stakes tournament player so I love it!!!"

#6533 11 months ago

Yeah, Keith Elwin keeps designing games that are only fun for “tournament players” and nobody else likes them.

Genius observation by Umad.

#6590 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Some people really need to pull the ice cream stick from their butt
The game is what it is

You say "Campy"
I say "cringey"

You say "AFM"
I say "horrible"

Campy
Horrible

Campy
Horrible

Let's go pack some fudge!

With sprinkles!!!

#6598 11 months ago

Companies can't really test games any more on location, it just wouldn't work.

In 1972 Pink Floyd played their entire work-in-progress Dark Side of the Moon at a bunch of concerts. You couldn't do that today, you'd be bootlegged into oblivion.

Similarly, games "on test" in 2023 would be filmed, influenced and podcasted to death before the game was even ready to sell.

#6601 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Have you not been to a concert that makes you put your phone in a locked container? Its becoming somewhat common

Well, all they have to do is do that at the test bar in Chicago and we'll be all set!

1 month later
#6935 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Saucer wear on location.

I hate when a game shows wear somewhere I will never see it nor care about it.

#6941 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Remind me to never buy a game off you if I would ever try. Thx

LMAO!!

You’d never get past the shooter lane pics.

#6960 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I couldn’t be happier with this purchase. One of the best pins out there. I sold foo already.

This game will be for sale within 6 months and you'll be talking shit about GTF while slobbering over whatever your new purchase is.

It's the circle of life.

1 month later
#7064 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Suppose Todd Tuckey would ever be interested in a job like this? With his marketing charisma, mechanical knowledge, and historical pinball expertise he would definitely have the resume to do it.

Todd already has a job. If he wanted to shut his company down or abandon it and move to Chicago he'd probably have done it already.

2 months later
#7194 5 months ago

I didn’t buy one of these at $11k because I was waiting for the chance to buy one at $17k

Let’s pack some fudge!!

2 months later
#7219 3 months ago

The lunchbox pitch ad on Facebook is hilarious

"Don't just make lunch...make a statement!!!!"

This whole GTF thing is amazing in every way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.