pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 147.
#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I have never been a video game type of player/person. Does this pin resonate with the video gamers who also are pinheads?

I don't see why it would. It is 100% pinball fun. It is not like a Pinball 2000 game.

#5252 1 year ago

Right here. He folds it up and drives it like a remote control car. I see the tiny wheels in the legs like a shopping cart, but how does this work: https://www.youtube.com/live/bLLCoHUGM00?feature=share&t=320

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Right here. He folds it up and drives it like a remote control car. I see the tiny wheels in the legs like a shopping cart, but how does this work: https://www.youtube.com/live/bLLCoHUGM00?feature=share&t=320

It is a one-off motorized version. This is not an option on any of the models. Strictly DIY.

#5254 1 year ago

flynnibus are you the dude with the pig tails of the dark hand combed hair? Love both hair styles BTW!

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So are the Deluxe's shipping now?

I was told the Deluxe ship last. Signatures seem to have sold out? LEs are available from basically every distro for pre-order, so they are not sold out by any means to the end user. Even still they may go ahead and produce the full run of 500? AP seems to have good production facilities compared to some of the other non-Stern Pinball companies. I would imagine they will produce them fast while still keeping up the top notch quality we have come to expect from AP.

#5256 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

It is a one-off motorized version. This is not an option on any of the models. Strictly DIY.

It is a $5k option.

#5257 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Ryan McQuad (sp?) (Sonic Pinball homebrew guy) that works for American Pinball did this just for the show - I thought it was genius marketing but the reaction from the crowd was pretty blase. I don't think he's posted how he did it though.

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

It is a $5k option.

It better climb stairs and have a fleshlight for 5k.

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

It better climb stairs and have a fleshlight for 5k.

So you can have sex with it!

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, since everyone's wives here are supposedly ugly, that may help.

#5261 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you have a space for that on your bingo card?

#5262 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So if you can drill for fudge, will the game have an AC / DC convertor ?

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Do you have a space for that on your bingo card?

It's on there already!

bingo (resized).jpgbingo (resized).jpg
#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

The objective is for the player to drill and pump fudge, like it was oil, for the ice cream. The phrase Fudge packing does not appear anywhere in the script or the rules, so you will not hear any voice calls with “packing”, unless they did more recording sessions after I was gone. Not sure where the ”packing” came from and why it is on screen.

I don't think packing is spoken. Just referenced on this screen. The could have easily used the words collected or gathered so the juvenile intent is clear.

Personally I'm not offended but it's not exactly funny either.

Screenshot_20230329-124347 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230329-124347 (resized).png
#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

As impressive as the light show was last night, and it was, the pops and UFO especially stood out to me. Using the ring to show progress in the pops was brilliant and reusing that part on the UFO was genius. I love the UFO "tractor beam" light illuminating the playfield and foil sticker.

It's things like this that should've been the focus on the teaser videos!

#5266 1 year ago

100 posts about fudge. Reminds me of south park.

#5267 1 year ago

^^^ it’s been shown before. But it can never be shown enough, imo.

Also, things are as busy as they get in uranus. Some refer to it as popular and others lively. And there’s always plenty of fudge everywhere.
FA437F5A-92D5-42D5-872B-621CA6BE7E57.jpegFA437F5A-92D5-42D5-872B-621CA6BE7E57.jpeg

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I was told the Deluxe ship last. Signatures seem to have sold out? LEs are available from basically every distro for pre-order, so they are not sold out by any means to the end user. Even still they may go ahead and produce the full run of 500? AP seems to have good production facilities compared to some of the other non-Stern Pinball companies. I would imagine they will produce them fast while still keeping up the top notch quality we have come to expect from AP.

I suspect they haven't made 1000 of most of their pins. Maybe Houdini is around 1000. They've never needed to really build more than 1000 games a year in the 5 years they've been making pins, so they have not proven any great production capacity.

I think it would take at least a few months to build 500 LE/SLE, if they don't make any older pins Which would be a bummer since I'm waiting on a deluxe!

#5269 1 year ago

I was wrong. 17k and it doesn’t drive? wtf

#5270 1 year ago

For 17k the signature should drive, but also look at the confusion over a marketing gimmick...

The tank doesn't drive guys. That was a one-off for funsies.

#5271 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I don't think packing is spoken. Just referenced on this screen. The could have easily used the words collected or gathered so the juvenile intent is clear.
Personally I'm not offended but it's not exactly funny either.
[quoted image]

I think its freakin hilarius and hope they add more of this stuff instead of walking on pins and needles. It's time for everyone to laugh again. This is the only time in history when comedy must be placed under a microscope and scrutinized wether you are allowed to laugh or not. Viva la Comedia!

#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

The SE can apparently drive. Yes that’s real.

No, that's not real. Just something they did to one for the show.

#5273 1 year ago

if "fudge packing" is "freakin hilarious" then you have a pretty low bar for humor...

I'm not even criticizing it as a joke that's punching down. It's like laughing at a corny joke like why do this chicken cross the road (to get to the other side). It's just lazy and unimaginative.

Granted that was just one small joke shoved in there, and I've seen other more amusing humorous things. But nothing of value is lost by tossing that joke to the side.

#5274 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

if "fudge packing" is "freakin hilarious" then you have a pretty low bar for humor...
I'm not even criticizing it as a joke that's punching down. It's like laughing at a corny joke like why do this chicken cross the road (to get to the other side). It's just lazy and unimaginative.
Granted that was just one small joke shoved in there, and I've seen other more amusing humorous things. But nothing of value is lost by tossing that joke to the side.

if it is funny, then it is funny. pinball has been doing this type of gag forever with BoP making you put your balls in her mouth...

#5275 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I suspect they haven't made 1000 of most of their pins. Maybe Houdini is around 1000. They've never needed to really build more than 1000 games a year in the 5 years they've been making pins, so they have not proven any great production capacity.
I think it would take at least a few months to build 500 LE/SLE, if they don't make any older pins Which would be a bummer since I'm waiting on a deluxe!

David Fix told me last week at TPF that they are currently making 20-30 games a week.

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

For 17k the signature should drive, but also look at the confusion over a marketing gimmick...
The tank doesn't drive guys. That was a one-off for funsies.

Really? I saw them driving it around at TPF and thought "oh, I didn't know they could actually move like that. That's pretty cool."

But that was just the one game they rigged up like that? Didn't realize that.

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if it is funny, then it is funny. pinball has been doing this type of gag forever with BoP making you put your balls in her mouth...

I guess what I'm saying is that joke isn't funny (to me). But stuff like the dead heads on Scared Stiff "good head - Ooh! My favorite", that is a solid joke on repeat hearings.

#5278 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Really? I saw them driving it around at TPF and thought "oh, I didn't know they could actually move like that. That's pretty cool."
But that was just the one game they rigged up like that? Didn't realize that.

Just one game but I asked the guy from AP and he said he could do additional ones at $5k each.

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Just one game but I asked the guy from AP and he said he could do additional ones at $5k each.

That's a nice custom-shop order - I wonder what is would cost to have him add some hydraulics and make it bounce!

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

For that kinda scratch it would be more useful to sell a mod that raises and lowers the head on power up of the game - stored down when off and raises when turned on .

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

For that kinda scratch it would be more useful to sell a mod that raises and lowers the head on power up of the game - stired down when off and raises when turned on .

And add a camera…

#5282 1 year ago

Pinside often reminds me of the phone tree game as a kid where someone whispers something and it grows more ridiculous as it passes along.

#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Pinside often reminds me of the phone tree game as a kid where someone whispers something and it grows more ridiculous as it passes along.

jd4931 (resized).pngjd4931 (resized).png
#5284 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Wireless though?

#5285 1 year ago

adult mode match sequence?

nipples-icecream-stock (resized).jpgnipples-icecream-stock (resized).jpg
#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

adult mode match sequence?[quoted image]

B283FA88-DFDE-4E04-B741-7A63635FF8BF.gifB283FA88-DFDE-4E04-B741-7A63635FF8BF.gif
#5287 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

They did confirm on the stream the diverter button is a useless feature.Has zero strategic purpose

#5288 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

And add a camera…

and add an air freshner

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

adult mode match sequence?[quoted image]

breast post in this forum

#5290 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

They did confirm on the stream the diverter button is a useless feature.Has zero strategic purpose

?? Like Rush it's a player controlled diverter. Shooting at the cow/saucer vs orbit/ramp is a big deal in the game. Just because people playing the game for the first time didn't leverage much doesn't mean it's useless.. it means people playing a game for the first time focus on other stuff.

The weirdness that comes out of people... I can't understand.

#5291 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Ummmm... they did no such thing.

There are two game situations in particular -- Berries mission, and during the Victory Laps phase of Air Strike Multiball -- where it is immensely valuable to use the diverter to keep sending the ball to the right flipper, so you can loop the ramp as quickly / as often as possible.

There are plenty of other situations that aren't as time-critical, but where diverting the ball properly is helpful. For example, if the ball is on the right flipper, and you need the left inlane to qualify a mission, you shoot the ramp and use the diverter button to ensure the ball will flow to the left side, so you can light the inlane and then immediately shoot the right VUK to start the mission.

It's never "required" to use it, but it certainly can help.

If you're wondering how to know where the ball will go: as soon as you shoot the ramp entry, either the left or right side backplane flasher will start flashing: this tells you which side the ball will return to. Pressing the diverter button switches to the other side.

We've also discussed some other potential uses of the extra button which may appear in later code releases.

#5292 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

We've also discussed some other potential uses of the extra button which may appear in later code releases.

Fudge pumping mode confirmed!

#5293 1 year ago

May I suggest a special wizard mode/reward session once all the cows have been saved or, when you’ve used “X” number of methane bombs called: Hoof Hearted Victory Laps

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

This is the only time in history when comedy must be placed under a microscope and scrutinized wether you are allowed to laugh or not.

I yes the good old days of unbridled freedom. Lenny Bruce was most definitely praised by one and all. How about we start making jokes about religion and see how quick everyone is to laugh.

#5295 1 year ago

If Fix is claiming 2000 games sold when it is really 400, then his claim of 20-30 games built a week is more like 4 to 5 games a week. How long did 300 LOV's take? A year-plus?

#5296 1 year ago

Who really cares at this point. All manufacturers are terrified of releasing production numbers for some unknown reason.

Big balls are in short supply in this industry. Heaven forbid anyone knows how many were made!

#5297 1 year ago

Actually a little surprised to see the PP raffle not sold out (about 75% after being up all day). Pretty rare for them nowadays. I bought one as I always do, but this seems to be a clear indication of less interest in GTF.

#5298 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Ryan McQuad (sp?) (Sonic Pinball homebrew guy) that works for American Pinball did this just for the show - I thought it was genius marketing but the reaction from the crowd was pretty blase. I don't think he's posted how he did it though.

He used a (minimum) two channel RC reciever driving two drive wheels off two separate electronic speed controllers (ESC's) and I believe he had the wheels geared probably using lawnmower pulleys and belts and mounted on the back sides of the tread panels in the center, then they put 360 degree swiveling castors where the leg levelers go and presto, a pinball machine that will move around just like a Tank. Your average RC modeler could pull this off with a simple trip to the hardware and hobby stores. I've seen maker people motorize couches and recliners using this technique and ride them around... a pinball machine would be no different.

#5299 1 year ago

Finally got to watch the stream, woof…

#5300 1 year ago

I’m almost ready to crack and buy one of these!

99B6450F-6F96-4076-8485-7D06BC30D0DF.gif99B6450F-6F96-4076-8485-7D06BC30D0DF.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.