pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 146.
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Deposit for Deluxe has been placed...
Robert

Sorry for your lose.

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

The fighter pilots in space craft are part of the Star Force, the player is in a tank and part of the Tank Force with Captain Kyan.

Rush what do the tank and planet do ? Anything?

#2553 1 year ago

I really wanted to like this game. I wish it had the toys of Houdini/Oktoberfest.

My hype is down now, but I'll reserve my final judgement for gameplay videos.

#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from domvertorix:

Arcade Hollywood says they have been filming gameplay for three weeks. Expecting those to be posted soon.

OMG... HOW FAR DOES THAT HAVE TO SIT FROM THE WALL! THATS GOTTA STICK OUT AN EXTRA 10 INCHES IN A LINEUP!

#2555 1 year ago

I love the campy mock sci-fi video -- it's pinball people (ie. not actors) having fun and goofing around. That said, it either just needed to have a lot more gameplay in it, or they needed to do one mock movie video and one traditional gameplay & features video. And $9K and $11K isn't a very good idea. Oh well.

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Stern's art and animation department just got a promotion after watching this.
Can't wait for Nick at @buffalopinball to shat all over this.

He's going to have a field day.

#2557 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Sorry for your lose.

Hey now, i have a $5000 topper being designed just for proud owners like that guy!

#2558 1 year ago

my notes so far:

Its everything I expected, all the rumors were true. Not sure why anyone was expecting anything differently? Higher prices, "cheesy" acting, live action mixed with animation, the campy sci-fi theme, its exactly as expected. Not a game for me, but it is almost exactly what I imagined it was going to be.

Those who said the video assets need some sort of filter are 100% correct.

I expect much of the "camp" and aesthetic of this game to go over most casual players and even regular players heads. The tank cabinet was the precursor to that with so many people unable to wrap their head around it or whatever features it has (or didn't have). I think this will end up hurting the game in the long run. People are going to be trying to take a game too seriously that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Reveal video was....not good. Focused too much on the parts that people will gave trouble digesting, like the video and acting, and not enough on the gameplay and features of the machine. I think this game has a lot more to offer than what people will be taking away from the video. That first impression is going to be tough to get past.

Lots of cool stuff going on with the playfield, just wish we got to see more of it. Looks packed! Nice job there, but wheres the crazy Nordman plastic ramps?

Art looks good, but I personally have not been a fan of the color scheme since the first leaked pics. I still feel that way unfortunately. The colors do fit the tone of the game I suppose, but eh...for me, hard to get past. Still its nice to see a game that isn't all red, yellow, or green. The art itself is nice, as I would expect from Franchi.

If I was forced to buy an AP game, it would probably be this one.

#2559 1 year ago

Game looks loaded and fun, cheeseball acting was done on purpose and actually could be pretty funny depending…. but yeah, should have showed some more gameplay.

#2560 1 year ago

Well I tried watching it again...

And you know what, I didn't mind it as much. Maybe it's just the want for gameplay that turned me off the first time.

Back aboard the hype tank...

#2561 1 year ago

i saw the signature go for 17k,true?

#2562 1 year ago

I see 2 Power cords on the signature edition? Why?

cord (resized).pngcord (resized).png
#2563 1 year ago

If you've played those 90s PC games like Journeyman Project with the FMV sequences where you could sometimes see their eyes reading off the cue cards, you'd probably like this.

#2564 1 year ago

They hired a graphic designer to work on this project. I’m really starting to think, the acting video is 100% troll and good for them if so!

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

OMG... HOW FAR DOES THAT HAVE TO SIT FROM THE WALL! THATS GOTTA STICK OUT AN EXTRA 10 INCHES IN A LINEUP!

It won't stick out at all. Pinball machines are at a slight tilt. the head is probably 8 inches farther away from the wall than the back of the legs. If you have molding then there is another couple inches your legs are away from the wall. It will stick out... just not in that way.

#2566 1 year ago

I wish the Deluxe was that green color. That looks better to me than the black

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

The fighter pilots in space craft are part of the Star Force, the player is in a tank and part of the Tank Force with Captain Kyan.

Ah nice. I like you guys are creating an actual little in game universe.

#2568 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

She was in playboy.
Pinsiders.. off to unfiltered Google!!!

lmao. Already there…wonder if wifey will let me make poster, you know, for posterity. And tack it to this pin at expo

#2569 1 year ago

This trailer was 2:28 long. Total amount of that time actually showing a pinball in the video was about 20 seconds. Not a great ratio.

#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This trailer was 2:28 long. Total amount of that time actually showing a pinball in the video was about 20 seconds. Not a great ratio.

I guess they are showing off what they are most proud of.

#2571 1 year ago

Live acting is tough to get right.

Having said that. I get an Amusement park vibe. 1. waiting in line at an amusement park attraction, video getting giving me instructions while entertaining me or 2. perhaps the live actors that are part of the experience (playing tour guide when something goes horribly wrong). I generally enjoy the effort put into these things, but it’s not for everyone.

I’m still a maybe and want to see more.

Having said above…. AP, moving forward, I would not invest $, creativity, energy, resources into new cabinet designs or original live actors, etc. I just dont think the upside potential outweighs the high risk of getting those things right.

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

lmao. Already there…wonder if wifey will let me make poster, you know, for posterity. And tack it to this pin at expo

the full spread as your game blanket?

#2573 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If I was forced to buy an AP game, it would probably be this one.

I heard this was in the original trailer but they removed it last second

#2574 1 year ago

Good news Scooby Doo pinball fans: I've found something new to set my sights on.

#2575 1 year ago

Do you guys remember watching this and pinside losing their collective minds to order it, to the point we kept the factory busy for literal years?

We crap all over the game now (many of us do). Lets hope this is the opposite, a crappy reveal that turns out to be a great game.

#2576 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

AP, moving forward

Do you really think that's a concern?

This is the end of the line.

#2577 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deep root 2.0

#2578 1 year ago

I’m a little disappointed in the reveal video. It doesn’t do a good job showing the gameplay. I was hoping to see more. I guess I don’t know what to think of the pin yet.

#2579 1 year ago

Getting strong vibes this is what happened with giving Nordman carte blanche.

Tapped_Out_The_Homer (resized).pngTapped_Out_The_Homer (resized).png

#2580 1 year ago

No, lets not tar AP with that brush. I may think there new launch is ... questionable, but I have no doubt that AP will deliver every pin it takes money for.

#2581 1 year ago

They need to tell Arcade Hollywood to release the three week gameplay footage ASAP!!! The reveal video stank is lingering and they need people to see the game in action.

#2582 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Good news Scooby Doo pinball fans: I've found something new to set my sights on.

It’s an awesome game. Theme integration is top of the line. Code is early but a lot of fun.

BD6C7F95-58A7-48BF-B8C9-3489E40C84F4 (resized).jpegBD6C7F95-58A7-48BF-B8C9-3489E40C84F4 (resized).jpegBF8E25AF-8F76-4AC9-B1B0-0A0D8A98386A (resized).jpegBF8E25AF-8F76-4AC9-B1B0-0A0D8A98386A (resized).jpegA682E715-77DD-4D0B-A03F-50F2ED76F4F5 (resized).jpegA682E715-77DD-4D0B-A03F-50F2ED76F4F5 (resized).jpeg
#2583 1 year ago

Why is Tommy Cooper in the video?

#2584 1 year ago

You guys take your retro scifi ice cream pinball themes too seriously. It looks like a blast

#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well played sir.

#2586 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. Full LE tank mode for me!

#2588 1 year ago

Any video should be black and white and very grainy. Still time to fix it in post!

#2589 1 year ago

I'm getting Command and Conquer Red Alert cut scene vibes.

RA2 (resized).pngRA2 (resized).png
#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You guys take your retro scifi ice cream pinball themes too seriously. It looks like a blast

Does it look like blast to pay $10K for and display in your home? Where other people will see it? Where you may have to explain it to your friends and loved ones?

#2591 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No kidding. I put down a deposit - something I rarely do, months ago, assuming usual AP Scooby-or-less price range, and looking forward to Nordman's new design.

They've lost their mind on pricing. The game they showed doesn't support it. Not even close. Also, showing such short, tight game clips doesn't do them any favors. Made it look like it plays slow. Interested to see TPF impressions, but doesn't matter big picture - I'm out.

IM_OUT.gifIM_OUT.gif
#2592 1 year ago

I know the pricing concerns but it states you get 1 free nudge on Kerri Hoskins.

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Rosh what do the tank and planet do ? Anything?

You can see in the video that the Tank shakes when it is hit, it also does something else, but since that has not been shown yet, I'll hold off on commenting on it.

I had programmed the rings of the planet to show status of the mode timer, with the rings pulsing and changing color (green, to yellow to red) as timer runs down, hitting the spinner can add time, which will reverse the pulsing of the rings and change the color, as more time is added. Possible they changed its use after I left.

#2594 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does it look like blast to pay $10K for and display in your home? Where other people will see it?

Yeah I'm thinking about ordering one. I love retro scifi and my wife loves ice cream. I have a strong affinity towards crappy FMV 90s computer games

It's ticking a lot of boxes for me; it even has a swinging target. Be still my beating heart...

#2595 1 year ago

I wished I had seen a trailer for a pinball machine instead of a direct-to-home video for a movie from The Asylum.

(At this point, the machine would look SIGNIFICANTLY better if it were alphanumeric or DMD. But then again, maybe that’s just me,‘cause I’ve never cared much for the too busy monitor-based machines.)

#2596 1 year ago

Looks like a fun game. Not 9K fun to me, so I'm out. But god the marketing is awful. I have a couple of friends who run a video production company who could have done such a better job. The attempt at campy humor fell completely flat.

#2597 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:You can see in the video that the Tank shakes when it is hit, it also does something else, but since that has not been shown yet, I'll hold off on commenting on it.

I think there is a scoop under the tank to shoot balls at the player?

#2598 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Reminds me of...
[quoted image]

Totally!! 100!!

#2599 1 year ago

Can I make a suggestion? How about getting out to the pinball shows coming up or head out to your distributor and go play the goddam game 1st ? Holy shit! All the whining, bitching and complaining over a purposely campy introduction video is completely ridiculous. A.P. is going to go bankrupt. A.P. doesn't know what they are doing. That video is so bad, I am out. Scooby just sold more machines. Like a bunch of Jersey Shore yenta's at a Starbucks upset at the new Nieman Marcus online Summer Collection.

#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Did you ever see this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.