pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 147.
#6401 11 months ago

jeffspinballpalace you’ve been on Pinside for 19 years? That’s impressive. The longest I’ve seen. Listen to what he says about Hot Wheels.

#6402 11 months ago

Hot Wheels is a sleeper and a steal at anything with a $6,... I wouldn’t sell mine for less than 7. Music, lights, callouts, shaker, magic glass, fun rules.

#6403 11 months ago
Quoted from Mank:

jeffspinballpalace you’ve been on Pinside for 19 years? That’s impressive. The longest I’ve seen. Listen to what he says about Hot Wheels.

LTG is one of few who’ve been on here longer. But I’ve been on a long while. About a decade ago the topic of hobbies came up. It was during these postings that it showed most people join a hobby and chances are they’ll be gone by five years. At seven years, only the dedicated remain. So using that, I’ve been involved with Pinside for two or three cycles of newcomers. Oddly, I’m not a bit wiser.

#6404 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

LTG is one of few who’ve been on here longer. But I’ve been on a long while. About a decade ago the topic of hobbies came up. It was during these postings that it showed most people join a hobby and chances are they’ll be gone by five years. At seven years, only the dedicated remain. So using that, I’ve been involved with Pinside for two or three cycles of newcomers. Oddly, I’m not a bit wiser.

I would have been here 17 years if not for that damn RGP... I had a hard time letting go and making the switch to pinside lol...

On the topic, has anyone seen a GTF around Grand Rapids so I can drop a few dimes in her?

#6406 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Punched my ticket. I'm all in.
May the 4th be with you.
It will be for me.

so you've mentioned about 12 times you're getting a GTF soon. that's great. Can't wait to hear the next several times you tell us.
Where are you getting it from? Is it actually shipping (first we've heard of) or you are getting it from a show or one someone else had already bought?
Which model?

#6407 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

so you've mentioned about 12 times you're getting a GTF soon. that's great. Can't wait to hear the next several times you tell us.
Where are you getting it from? Is it actually shipping (first we've heard of) or you are getting it from a show or one someone else had already bought?
Which model?

Last time posting here per your wish. Stay in the dark.

#6408 11 months ago

Since we are all breaking fresh news today, I'd like to announce something:

I'm not in one of these and I think it's one of the dumbest concepts and worst playfields I've seen in a new game in a long time.

I just thought you guys should know!

#6409 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not in one of these and I think it's one of the dumbest concepts and worst playfields I've seen in a new game in a long time.

So what you are saying... is that you hate AFM?

#6410 11 months ago

What do you call racist ice cream?

Intolerant lactose

#6411 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You should rage quit here and join the owners thread.

#6412 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Last time posting here per your wish. Stay in the dark.

EC OWNER (resized).jpgEC OWNER (resized).jpg
#6413 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Which model?

a. Relax a little bit.
b. Read the thread. He is getting the show game this coming weekend.

#6414 11 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

a. Relax a little bit.
b. Read the thread. He is getting the show game this coming weekend.

My sincerest apologies....
Will you go ahead and point to the post where he said that please? I missed it in a crowd of this bullshit:

Quoted from Ballypin:

Nothing meaningful to add.
Just helping to get to 5000 posts.

Quoted from Ballypin:

It better climb stairs and have a fleshlight for 5k.

Quoted from Ballypin:

So if you can drill for fudge, will the game have an AC / DC convertor ?

Quoted from Ballypin:

Christie's berries are sagging a bit but they will firm up very soon.
[quoted image]

#6415 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

My sincerest apologies....
Will you go ahead and point to the post where he said that please? I missed it in a crowd of this bullshit:

D1925CDD-72F3-4D56-8F71-6ADB01C406FB (resized).jpegD1925CDD-72F3-4D56-8F71-6ADB01C406FB (resized).jpeg
#6416 11 months ago

If thread were a pinball machine, it would be Galactic Tank Force.

#6417 11 months ago

Fair: I follow multiple threads on games. It was on the other one.

"My exact thoughts. Is it very dimpled ? Obviously it got a ton of plays at TPF and now on location.
I have a Deluxe deposit placed and may have an opportunity to take a show game at Allentown. Curious if I would be better off to get mine NIB ??"

#6418 11 months ago

BRING OUT THE TANK!

663768CE-0998-419B-9243-3E117673ECC3 (resized).jpeg663768CE-0998-419B-9243-3E117673ECC3 (resized).jpeg

#6419 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Have you ever actually played this game? In all of your insightful posts in this thread I don’t recall hearing any type of thoughtful review that sounded like you had actually played it.

#6420 11 months ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Have you ever actually played this game? In all of your insightful posts in this thread I don’t recall hearing any type of thoughtful review that sounded like you had actually played it.

Agree. Time is now to save a cow.
Play one already!

#6421 11 months ago

Well, I've already played AFM so I can say it's an awesome "shooter" and classic playfield layout that will age like fine wine.

But I just can't get past the stupidity of the theme and content.

#6422 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Imagine a pinball world where GTF sits NEXT to AFM?

Why imagine it. I will do it tonight.

GTFP1097 (resized).jpgGTFP1097 (resized).jpg
#6423 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

[quoted image]

Now THATS the spirit!! Congrats!

#6424 11 months ago
Quoted from doomid:

On Tilt Pinball has the following NIBs in Stock:
Godfather LE
Toy Story 4 LE
Hotwheels Deluxe
Galactic Tank Force LE
TNA CE
Ultraman CE
Halloween CE #1031 Butter Cabinet
Bond Pro
Elvira House of Horrors Premium
TMNT Pro/Premium
Starwars Pro/Prem
GOTG Pro
Rush LE

Added yesterday: GOTG pro (pending)

Before someone asks, there are vendors out there who claim that they have them NIB.

#6425 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

[quoted image]

Which model did you get? Deluxe or LE?

#6426 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

LE.

#6427 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

took me 10 seconds to find 2 dealers on pinside that have it in stock. and of course you can save over $1000 by buying one of the gentle used ones on pinside. I think the existence of $6200 hotwheels are a main reason people are hesitant to risk $9400 on GTF

Hot Wheels is fun! Had one at home for 6 or so months and it's a blast to blow up. Simple layout but the risky targets (hello AP) and kickback are great. An underrated pin for sure.

#6428 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Look at the tag. He got a CE.

#6429 11 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So what you are saying... is that you hate AFM?

No AFM is actually good.

#6430 11 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hot Wheels is fun! Had one at home for 6 or so months and it's a blast to blow up. Simple layout but the risky targets (hello AP) and kickback are great. An underrated pin for sure.

Me and my daughter hated it, we walked away from game 3. 3 for $2.00. Would like to play Houdini or Octoberfest though.

#6431 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No AFM is actually good.

Me and my daughter hated it, we walked away from game 3. 3 for $2.00. Would like to play Houdini or Octoberfest though.

Get outta here then

#6432 11 months ago

Let us know how everything went after unboxing the game and playing it. Any issues or adjustments needed (hopefully not).

#6433 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Let us know how everything went after unboxing the game and playing it. Any issues or adjustments needed (hopefully not).

Most new games that I get need some adjustments. Some issues might be from transit. No major issues. Build date was April 2023. I did update the code to the newest(4/24B/23) code since it was running the older 4/3/23 code.

#6434 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Most new games that I get need some adjustments. Some issues might be from transit. No major issues. Build date was April 2023. I did update the code to the newest, 4/24/23 code since it was running the 4/3/23 code.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy the game!

#6435 11 months ago

Hot Wheels: I actually felt the same way when I initially played it when it first came out. I recently played it again at TPF and loved it. Maybe the code is different/more finished. I thought about buying one.

#6436 11 months ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hes a Stern distro, so no, he only plays what pays!

#6437 11 months ago

I am a firm believer in no game can be judged unless you put 50 games in. Every title I have initially disliked has grown on me with enough plays. Except Whoa Nellie…

#6438 11 months ago

Lol wrong thread…

#6439 11 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I am a firm believer in no game can be judged unless you put 50 games in. Every title I have initially disliked has grown on me with enough plays. Except Whoa Nellie…

Yeah. I couldn't tell Christie Brinkley was actually hot until I stooped her so I know what you mean...

#6440 11 months ago

GTF is a game allright.

#6441 11 months ago

I think it’s time now to start a GTF Owners Club threat now

#6443 11 months ago

Thanks I missed it.

Let‘s hope the delivery to Europe will start soon as well

#6444 11 months ago

Played one at pinfest a few times and was pleasantly surprised with the package and how everything played and flowed together. It feels like a fun game. However, the rumours about the tank and drains are true. In 3 games I had 4 balls hit the tank and fly back OVER the flippers to drain. Also, take a close in look at the area around/underneath the flippers. I have not seen that on a game in 30 years. Not bad, just different. One of these with an airball deflector installed and some tweaked rules would have real potential.

#6445 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Played one at pinfest a few times and was pleasantly surprised with the package and how everything played and flowed together. It feels like a fun game. However, the rumours about the tank and drains are true. In 3 games I had 4 balls hit the tank and fly back OVER the flippers to drain. Also, take a close in look at the area around/underneath the flippers. I have not seen that on a game in 30 years. Not bad, just different. One of these with an airball deflector installed and some tweaked rules would have real potential.

Curious if you remember which GTF had the issue. Mine was the Deluxe in the PinballSTAR booth. Played a few games since I brought it home and have not had any airball issues or afraid to shoot the tank and have insta-drain.

The LE in Cointaker booth was having ball lock release issues on Friday.

#6446 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Curious if you remember which GTF had the issue. Mine was the Deluxe in the PinballSTAR booth. Played a few games since I brought it home and have not had any airball issues or afraid to shoot the tank and have insta-drain.

Cointaker version with the tank treads. Really like the backbox on these too.

#6447 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Blows my mind after what happens on the deadflip stream that they send a pin to a show and have it have that same problem. It's like they really really don't want to sell these things.

If they DID want to sell pinball machines, with foresight, the conversation, would go: "Ok, we are sending these 4 machines to these 2 dealers, to be used at a pinball show where hundreds of people will play them, and hopefully want to buy them. We've had a ton of bad feedback about airballs, so Bob your job, before you box those games up, is to put our prototype target bracket in there like we did for MGC(?). Jerry, your job is to make sure the ball lock mech is working perfectly, because that deadflip stream was fucking embarrassing"
If you didn't have that foresight, you just send Bob or Jerry to the show to make sure your freaking game works before you let people play it.

#6448 11 months ago

The center targets on the tank were visibly bent on the CT show games by Saturday morning. I was going to play one and it was stuck on a ball 3 multiball just draining and recycling the ball repeatedly. There was someone in front of me trying to let it finish the game someone walked away from at ball 2.

#6449 11 months ago

Game at Pinfest had one of the Pin Stadium rails come loose and it was interfering with the ball going down the ramp.

2023-05-06 12.28.36 (resized).jpg2023-05-06 12.28.36 (resized).jpg
#6450 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Game at Pinfest had one of the Pin Stadium rails come loose and it was interfering with the ball going down the ramp.
[quoted image]

The rails snap into the holder. They are not magnetic. One of mine came loose during the 9 hour trip back to my house.

I assume the vendor took 2 minutes to re-attach.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.