IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 145.
#851 1 year ago

Wife is wicked into cows and has been asking for any pin with farm animals. I just got the green light…

#852 1 year ago

3 ball lock for multiball - got this from Oktoberfest, right? Corkscrew multiball.

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

So the wire form up top in the back is definitely a three ball physical lock. Very cool location and style!

So that lock is fed by the upper left vuk. How do we get balls in there? Either the target bank lowers or open a shot up there, hopeful but doesn’t look too likely given the targets don’t look like they’d lower, or there’s a diverter/up post up there to drop the ball into the vuk. Or the left ramp lifts which also doesn’t look too likely. But there looks to be some green arrows under the ramp? Or are they just on the ramp decal?

4A6D3BE1-AF4F-4BA9-BD04-57C96CFC8AA4 (resized).jpeg4A6D3BE1-AF4F-4BA9-BD04-57C96CFC8AA4 (resized).jpeg
#854 1 year ago

This LOOKS like it’s going to be fantastic!

Another game right down my alley. Holy COW

#855 1 year ago

After seeing the playfield pictures and reading the comments, I’m super excited! Can’t wait to play this at MGC in a couple of weeks! This game would look good next to my AFMr!

#857 1 year ago

I am in love with the way this looks! Very exciting.

#858 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So that lock is fed by the upper left vuk. How do we get balls in there? Either the target bank lowers or open a shot up there, hopeful but doesn’t look too likely given the targets don’t look like they’d lower, or there’s a diverter/up post up there to drop the ball into the vuk. Or the left ramp lifts which also doesn’t look too likely. But there looks to be some green arrows under the ramp? Or are they just on the ramp decal?
[quoted image]

Looks like A-I-R targets to light Air Strike lock. On the playfield picture the left orbit insert lit green is labeled "Air Strike". I'd guess you shoot the left orbit to go into the saucer at the left of the top lanes, and that kicks up to the lock wire. If you look in the backboard mirror you can see a saucer to the left of the lanes.

#859 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Wife is wicked into cows and has been asking for any pin with farm animals. I just got the green light…

I thought my wife was weird but damn. Congrats on green light though.

#860 1 year ago

I’m wondering if that target bank does lower and it has a top on it so it’s flush with the playfield when down. Looks like balls could shoot behind it.

On another note, where would a guy buy this game if he wanted to? I’ve never bought a new AP before.

Any idea when orders open up for it? Or when the official announcement is?

#861 1 year ago

Love the style and plenty of cool, fun stuff to make me want one bad .
Can’t do the tank exterior though .
Hoping they make a version that’s a full playfield with the art and just the box and legs .

#862 1 year ago

It fucking odd, I have no clue what to make of it but I am curious all the same...

#863 1 year ago

Getting some heavy vibes of a certain slot machine.41F92626-3CC9-47EE-BB88-E1FB2DF13AD8 (resized).png41F92626-3CC9-47EE-BB88-E1FB2DF13AD8 (resized).png

#864 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Getting some heavy vibes of a certain slot machine.[quoted image]

I was going to post the same thing Panzer.

I’ve played this slot a few times. Fun! Saw one lady win a $10k jackpot on it.

#865 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Would you rather watch the Oscars with the wife or talk about GTF?

The Oscars? They still do that?

#866 1 year ago

This looks awesome! Can’t wait to see a full release from AP. Crazy to see all these photos here but yet nothing on their website. I give ‘em credit for doing original themes as it’s just not done anymore. Definitely has that B/W feel from the 90’s. Nordman for the win!

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

The Oscars? They still do that?

No. They don’t still do the Oscar’s.

#868 1 year ago

It's odd to me the placement of these rivets and what looks like a cross support piece that those rivets attach to. That seems like a potential pivot spot for a lift ramp? It already has rivets attaching the ramp flap. Why would that second set be there on a ramp?

That clearly looks like a decal on the ramp to me, with the four arrow/chevron symbols pointing up the ramp that stops near the cross support.

Screenshot_20230312-231055~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230312-231055~2 (resized).png

#869 1 year ago

You'd have to be Galactic Intolerant not to love the look of this game...if you are "step away from the Sundae", it will not end well for you

#870 1 year ago

Hey Shorty won an award tonight, so there’s that

A6F2795A-D6FD-4A9E-978A-48FE228045D8 (resized).jpegA6F2795A-D6FD-4A9E-978A-48FE228045D8 (resized).jpeg
#871 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Hey Shorty won an award tonight, so there’s that
[quoted image]

“Hold on to your potatoes!”

#872 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Can you even call that video a teaser? I hope the tank crew gets a dance break.

This would have made a great theme

#873 1 year ago

I think the art style looks cool, but the playfield layout is giving me some strong Data East "Time Machine" (1988) and "Dr Dude" (1990) vibes. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but side by side with Foo Fighters/Godfather/Scooby Doo, it feels a few generations behind the times.

#874 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I think the art style looks cool, but the playfield layout is giving me some strong Data East "Time Machine" (1988) and "Dr Dude" (1990) vibes. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but side by side with Foo Fighters/Godfather/Scooby Doo, it feels a few generations behind the times.

I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing either (but I will say I have a Time Machine and they aren't that close layout wise. Also this has a lot more going on in the upper right than Time Machine does.)

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

“Hold on to your potatoes!”

Ke Huy Quan 1
Harrison Ford 0

Who knew?

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

It's not right to compare this machine to others that are completely different to it i think. Just because they were launched at the same time, doesn't mean they are apples/apples.

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Ke Huy Quan 1
Harrison Ford 0
Who knew?

The Academy voted him in really quickly too. Only one short round.

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m wondering if that target bank does lower and it has a top on it so it’s flush with the playfield when down. Looks like balls could shoot behind it.
On another note, where would a guy buy this game if he wanted to? I’ve never bought a new AP before.
Any idea when orders open up for it? Or when the official announcement is?

NightTrain joe and pinballstar!! Great guy to deal with.

#880 1 year ago

Hmmm. great art, lighting and wireforms etc... and I love most of Nordman's designs but this layout looks a little too simple, which might be on purpose considering the retro theme. I hope there is more than meets the eye here.

#881 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmmm. great art, lighting and wireforms etc... and I love most of Nordman's designs but this layout looks a little too simple, which might be on purpose considering the retro theme. I hope there is more than meets the eye here.

"Simple" isn't a word I'd use to describe this playfield. Looks like quite a bit going on!

#882 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. They don’t still do the Oscar’s.

good

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

"Simple" isn't a word I'd use to describe this playfield. Looks like quite a bit going on!

I think “simpler” is fair. It looks fun! But it’s not going to be a flow monster, it’s not something that’s going to be about combos.

It looks like a modern System 11. And imo those games are super fun. But if they had modern light and more sound and a little more code … that’s a compelling package.

But you’re not going to get a Godzilla out of that. And that’s not a bad thing. Godzilla is honestly too much for a lot of players, there’s more out there than tournament folks, depth and code junkies, and people who really want innovative and different layout challenges.

#884 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

It reminds me of Strange Science with the crazy lab stuff. I sure hope it doesn't play like it.

SmartSelect_20230313-002934_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230313-002934_Chrome (resized).jpg
#885 1 year ago

So who here is still in for the CGC Big Bang Bar remake? ..anyone...anyone

#886 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

What if there's a hidden scoop like the trap door in ToM under that ramp flap?

#887 1 year ago

Looking closer you can see multiple ball paths and stacked ramps in the back.

GREEN LINES = AIR STRIKE
1. Hit all 3 standups to spell A I R.
2. Lights Air strike lock on the left orbit.
3. Left orbit diverts into upkicker (behind left ramp) onto metal ramp into a 3 ball lock (can see the optos circled in red).
4. Releases onto plastic ramp below, just before the plastic ramp diverter.

YELLOW LINES = LEFT RAMP
1. Goes up around plastic ramp (below metal ramp in back of playfield) and diverts to either left or right inlanes.

BLUE LINE = COSMIC COTTAGE SHOT
1. Upkicker to right Inlane.

Also note that the inlanes start your missions.

ramp paths (resized).jpgramp paths (resized).jpg

Other observations:
The rear right side is similar to Party Zone/Dr. Dude.
The rear left side is similar to Scared Stiff. Possible ball scoop behind the ramp and diverter on left orbit.

#888 1 year ago

This layout is very similar to AFM. Like almost a knock off.

It looks like they simply flipped the top 1/3 of the playfield. Moved the bumpers and the gates to the left side and the VUK to the right side. Even the targets on the left and right sides are almost identical in their layout.

I am struggling to see what would make this a new experience. Clearly, with the dual flipper button set up, it's got something different going on but besides that it seems less than inspiring.

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

GREEN LINES = AIR STRIKE
3. Left orbit diverts into upkicker (behind left ramp) onto metal ramp into a 3 ball lock (can see the optos circled in red).
YELLOW LINES = LEFT RAMP
1. Goes up around plastic ramp (below metal ramp in back of playfield) and diverts to either left or right inlanes.
[quoted image]
Other observations:
The rear left side is similar to Scared Stiff. Possible ball scoop behind the ramp and diverter on left orbit.

Something must feed the upper lanes and the pops. I think the left look has a divertor/up post that either drops into the pops or the saucer for the vuk. You missed the far right look also. Likely it feeds the pops also.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from VancouverNinja:This layout is very similar to AFM. Like almost a knock off.
It looks like they simply flipped the top 1/3 of the playfield. Moved the bumpers and the gates to the left side and the VUK to the right side. Even the targets on the left and right sides are almost identical in their layout.
I am struggling to see what would make this a new experience. Clearly, with the dual flipper button set up, it's got something different going on but besides that it seems less than inspiring.

Mediaeval Madness is exactly the same shots as AFM, but it's quite popular?

I have a fair bit of time on AFM, one of my alltime favourite machines here, but it doesn't strike me as similar at all.

#891 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Something must feed the upper lanes and the pops. I think the left look has a divertor/up post that either drops into the pops or the saucer for the vuk. You missed the far right look also. Likely it feeds the pops also.

I think both orbits can feed the upper L A B lanes. The left orbit also has a diverter to drop it into the upkicker. It also looks like there is a ball gate to the right of the L A B lanes so the left orbit always dumps into the upper lanes, but the right orbit can go all the way around.

It is hard to tell but if you follow the left orbit around to the "power up" text there may be a ball scoop.

#892 1 year ago
Quoted from VancouverNinja:

This layout is very similar to AFM. Like almost a knock off.

I disagree bigly

#893 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mediaeval Madness is exactly the same shots as AFM, but it's quite popular?
I have a fair bit of time on AFM, one of my alltime favourite machines here, but it doesn't strike me as similar at all.

Medieval Madness has the trolls and the catapult, which change it up slightly (I have one). Plus going over the moat bridge feels different than hitting the mother ship targets. Overall the same great, fast flow, and rock solid code / rules as AFM.

I play AFM daily, and from looking at GTF's layout, it really looks obvious to me how similar it is.

It is early in the game for GTF, so let's see if there really is something more to it

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I remember seeing a cool lamp that would make for a good topper
[quoted image]

Excellent topper.
Hope it lights up during cows come home wizard mode.

#895 1 year ago

JPop lives! Lol

Loving the look of this.

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from VancouverNinja:

Medieval Madness has the trolls and the catapult, which change it up slightly (I have one). Plus going over the moat bridge feels different than hitting the mother ship targets. Overall the same great, fast flow, and rock solid code / rules as AFM.
I play AFM daily, and from looking at GTF's layout, it really looks obvious to me how similar it is.
It is early in the game for GTF, so let's see if there really is something more to it

Had one too, sold it in 61 days as it was exactly the same game as AFM with different rules and the art isn't as pleasing to me.

The moat bridge is the same shot as the lock on AFM. The trolls are the only real difference, besides the art and the slightly more complex rules.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

In any case, you are welcome to your view, though i doubt too many will agree.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Had one too, sold it in 61 days as it was exactly the same game as AFM with different rules and the art isn't as pleasing to me.
The moat bridge is the same shot as the lock on AFM. The trolls are the only real difference, besides the art and the slightly more complex rules.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice pics. I was referring to the the Castle gate shot.

The AFM playfield image actually highlights how similar the target shooting under the ship is. GTF has 5 targets while AFM has three main ones flanked on both sides by the Martian targets. Oh and don't forget the saucers and the cows.

Hopefully the tank part of GTF pays off...

#898 1 year ago

Theme seems kind of lame. Hopefully, it plays well. Tough timing to release a new title.

#899 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

GREEN LINES = AIR STRIKE
YELLOW LINES = LEFT RAMP
[quoted image]
Other observations:

There sld b a diverter to get it to the lock vuk .. like scared stiff has for the coffin lock. Also wonder if he designed it to be possible to get to it like the secret passages in scared stiff and wh20 which is neat. As far as the orbits it cld have mechanical diverters like afm to open or close the orbit but looks like only the left orbit may be able to loop. Looking fwd to gameplay

#900 1 year ago

Game looks like a throwback for sure ... hoping the giant toy in the center has some surprises but I don't think it does much other than maybe the hatch opening. Also looks like 2 sets of 4 targets in the pop area and only looks to be hit by the randomness of the bumpers.
Hope the price point Is similar to previous ap releases with only some slight increases. This game isn't gonna b a flow monster but more system 11/wpc type gameplay and rules. Won't be for everyone but I'm glad to see something different and it looks great .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.