pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 147.
#5451 1 year ago

While they are streaming GTF, every game behind the players will be a Stern. Jack mostly streams Stern games, so bringing new viewers to his channel, will likely bring them back for other streams, which are predominately Sterns. Let's look at the opposite, why is AP using a Stern guy to stream their game? Why have the games in the background be sterns vs AP games? They have Steven Bowden on staff, why aren't they doing their own stream? Then again, they could not figured out how to put out a good gameplay video.

You would think the 3d prints would have at least been painted for the LE or signature.

#5452 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:IMO If JD continues his career w/ Stern this unfortunately is a conflict of interest.
I'm convinced upper management eventually will strongly request that he discontinues DeadFlip; he's now property of Stern. He does have a choice do DeadFlip or design for Stern

Imagine being so good at your job that your employer does not hold that leverage over you.

By initial accounts, Jack Danger just made a fantastic machine that will make them a lot of money. I assume he could do it again. How many people out there are looking for a job and able to execute like that? Not a terrible amount. How many pinball companies are out there that would love to have a designer like that? Most of them?

Dude has the leverage. They aren't about to try to fuck with him.

Also, does it really matter who streams it? Someone's going to. Eventually, somehow, despite American Pinballs VERY BEST efforts, we're going to get enough decent footage of enough examples of this game that we have a decent idea of what it's like. If your Stern, you understand that. Why piss off your hot new designer by telling him he can't be the one to do it? Nothing to gain. A lot to lose.

#5453 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

While they are streaming GTF, every game behind the players will be a Stern. Jack mostly streams Stern games, so bringing new viewers to his channel, will likely bring them back for other streams, which are predominately Sterns. Let's look at the opposite, why is AP using a Stern guy to stream their game? Why have the games in the background be sterns vs AP games? They have Steven Bowden on staff, why aren't they doing their own stream? Then again, they could not figured out how to put out a good gameplay video.
You would think the 3d prints would have at least been painted for the LE or signature.

But 99.9& of the visible stream will focus on GTF. Deadflip has a following its an opportunity to showcase their new machine they have everything to gain & nothing to lose. Unless JD blatantly says the pin sucks.

#5454 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Imagine being so good at your job that your employer does not hold that leverage over you.
By initial accounts, Jack Danger just made a fantastic machine that will make them a lot of money. I assume he could do it again. How many people out there are looking for a job and able to execute like that? Not a terrible amount. How many pinball companies are out there that would love to have a designer like that? Most of them?
Dude has the leverage. They aren't about to try to fuck with him.
Also, does it really matter who streams it? Someone's going to. Eventually, somehow, despite American Pinballs VERY BEST efforts, we're going to get enough decent footage of enough examples of this game that we have a decent idea of what it's like. If your Stern, you understand that. Why piss off your hot new designer by telling him he can't be the one to do it? Nothing to gain. A lot to lose.

At the end of the day it's about $$$ market share pinball is niche so it has very little to do with talent more about the money. IMO JD is very talented!!
But there isn't an incredible amount of gratitude nor loyalty towards Stern with JD streaming the competition. Stern did provide him a platform with the opportunity to flourish, once again it acts as an endorsement. Anyone is replaceable JD isn't untouchable.

#5455 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dirty Donnie decided to take a (probably paltry) check from Suncoast for that Cosmic Carnival fiasco and was never heard from again in the industry (to the detriment of pinball; nobody does rock-themed games like he does).
Nordman seems to be working for 6 different pinball companies at a time, all the time, and nobody seems to bat an eye.

I’m sure there is more to the Dirty Donnie story.

#5456 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

why is AP using a Stern guy to stream their game? They have Steven Bowden on staff, why aren't they doing their own stream?

AP’s internal creative/marketing department when they have Steve Bowden at their disposal.

69812BAD-030A-4BE0-A3BD-F668DCB2FFA6.gif69812BAD-030A-4BE0-A3BD-F668DCB2FFA6.gif
#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

But there isn't an incredible amount of gratitude nor loyalty towards Stern with JD streaming the competition.

You’re off base (& jealous?). DeadFlip has said over and over how profusely grateful he is to be working at Stern as well as how lucky he is to be able to do his own thing at the same time. His Twitch brand came well before Stern and it was negotiated for him to maintain that independently.

#5458 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

It's really simple he's assisting American Pinball it's an endorsement for potential buyers to purchase a new machine yea Sterns totally cool with that

And he said he's going to stream Scooby too - let that blow your mind.

#5459 1 year ago

How about we go back to making ice cream puns instead of idly speculating on people's employment contracts? Moove on

#5460 1 year ago

It's definitely a privilege to design for a company with such a well established assembly line but I think Stern needs Jack and the exposure he brings more that Jack needs Stern.

And Jack routinely streams with all the heads down on the machines behind him. I've never heard why but doing so again would allow viewers to focus on GTF.

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

And he said he's going to stream Scooby too - let that blow your mind.

It's an unusual business agreement I suppose; this would never fly anywhere else kinda upside down.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

How about we go back to making ice cream puns instead of idly speculating on people's employment contracts? Moove on

Agreed ^

#5462 1 year ago

Holy F... I thought maybe my expected code release got posted... instead it's two pages of one poster rehashing YEARS OLD SHIT.

Jack Danger has been streaming everyone's games long after he got on as an abassador for Stern and then as a designer. Sorry you're late to the party and you couldn't negotiate as good of a deal in your life. He did. End of Story.

Imagine all the angst if the story was "Stern Killed Deadflip!!" -- Now you know why they let him do some paultry streaming to help the hobby as a whole.

#5463 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Holy F... I thought maybe my expected code release got posted...

Code? Isn't that in the owners thread?

#5464 1 year ago

At a former employer of mine we used to joke about how the company would never drug test the engineering/design team because if they did they’d have to lay off the entire department. Sometimes you let your creatives be creative and just get out of their way.

#5465 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

It's really simple he's assisting American Pinball it's an endorsement for potential buyers to purchase a new machine yea Sterns totally cool with that

Clearly, they are. Let it go.

#5466 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Clearly, they are. Let it go.

I did you perfectly designed imbecile

#5467 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

But 99.9& of the visible stream will focus on GTF. Deadflip has a following its an opportunity to showcase their new machine they have everything to gain & nothing to lose. Unless JD blatantly says the pin sucks.

Umm he already streamed Foo. What now game is out after that?

#5468 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I did you perfectly designed imbecile

#5469 1 year ago
#5470 1 year ago

#5471 1 year ago

some very good points

#5472 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

some very good points

Meh...

talking about conversations he wasn't even a part of as if it were factual... (no one questioned 3d prints)
legs all the way down.. American Pinball cabinets were (at least before) designed to have the right slope with the legs even. The cabinets are different from Stern/WPC in that regard. Harping on that just shows he's not familiar.
targets - already discussed by American. So not sure why it's a big deal in a video dated Apr 3.
audio system not up to it? During our stream we increased the volume to offset the other noise and you can make the game dominate everything.. to where it was uncomfortable loud.

This is why people need to take limited experiences with a grain of salt... He even had an edit in there saying he changed much of his thoughts after watching the stream.

Should just be "first impressions!" -- but most viewers won't get that, no matter how many times he tries to limit his statements.

Suprised Cary didn't get more time on the game in JJ's suite... where there wasn't all the show floor noise to contend with.

#5473 1 year ago

some very good points

I was fully expecting this to be a compete bashing of the game but glad he was objective and reserved and willing to play it again in a better environment. We all want AP to succeed and scratch our itch but not every game is going to resonate with every player.

That is why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. There you go... the dariygument.

#5474 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I was fully expecting this to be a compete bashing of the game but glad he was objective and reserved and willing to play it again in a better environment. We all want AP to succeed and scratch our itch but not every game is going to resonate with every player.
That is why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. There you go... the dariygument.

What if they had a series of 31 LEs that all feature a different colored armor trim that is reminiscent of Baskin-Robbins flavors, but distinct enough to not get their lawyers involved?

#5475 1 year ago

some very good points

Where?

#5476 1 year ago

"This is why people need to take limited experiences with a grain of salt"

Biggest expo I've gone to is SFGE in Atlanta but I was exhibiting and not truly attending. Any thoughts on the limited expo experiences? Looked like some lines were 8 people long in TX walkthrough videos. You get one game in and have to step aside. Considering how many people visited likely not much you can do other than bring more copies of the same game, but curious any thoughts. Did anyone one person truly get enough time at TXPF to have an opinion with limited time?

#5477 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

talking about conversations he wasn't even a part of as if it were factual... (no one questioned 3d prints)

I thought it was obvious that was in jest,
but ok

#5478 1 year ago

JD and Stern are poised for a win-win with a GTF game stream, attracting traffic and followers. JD's social game scored him a spot at Stern, and I say, "Kudos!" He's a nice guy, all about gameplay and banter, yet others also bring unique perspectives and insights. So enjoy, but seriously chill on the fanaticism, folks...

Of course, JD's videos promote Stern. He's their man! Conflict of interest? You bet. AP could try leading the show, plus also share the game with multiple channels, but once JD/DeadFlip uploads, it's Stern's domain. And hey, Stern might not be everyone's pinball champ.

Classics like Attack from Mars, STTNG, and Indiana Jones still tug at our heartstrings. Some label AP's GTF immature, take it easy... FF is just as cartoony/childish if not more. GTF has potential, those 3D prints? Yikes. Still, it's a lighthearted, and refreshingly different machine...

Pro Players and code fanatics, pinballs are primarily entertainment machines, not sporting devices. Stern's been leading the charge on pinflation, so here's to hoping for more market disruption and fresh ideas. Remember, even tiny ripples can shake up a small pond.

Sprinkle some salt and take it with a pinch..

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Pro Players and code fanatics, pinballs are primarily entertainment machines, not sporting devices. Stern's been leading the charge on pinflation, .

People have been saying this forever and it never makes any sense to me. It's complete bollocks.

NIB prices began to "pinflate" when JJP entered the game 10 years ago. Before JJP came on the scene, the idea of an NIB game going for over $4500 was considered laughable. JJP made this acceptable and everybody else followed suit.

Stern STILL sells the cheapest commercial pinball machines with their pros.

Every other pinball company charges more for their regular production games.

Stern has ALWAYS been playing catch up in the "who can charge the most" for their machines game, excluding low-production one-offs. Yet there are still people who blame them the most for rising NIB costs.

Color me befuddled as to why people (and not just noobs like Flipperworks) continue to push this narrative.

#5480 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Tuesday is April 4th. At least stuff was spelled right tho

“Gameplay” is 1 word not 2 words

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

“Gameplay” is 1 word not 2 words

Not when referring to the whole marketing fiasco…

#5482 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People have been saying this forever and it never makes any sense to me. It's complete bollocks.
NIB prices began to "pinflate" when JJP entered the game 10 years ago. Before JJP came on the scene, the idea of an NIB game going for $6K+ was considered laughable.
Stern STILL sells the cheapest commercial pinball machines with their pros.
Every other pinball company charges more for their regular production games.
Stern has ALWAYS been playing catch up in the "who can charge the most" for their machines game, excluding low-production one-offs. Yet there are still people who blame them the most for rising NIB costs.
Color me befuddled as to why people (and not just noobs like Flipperworks) continue to push this narrative.

Sure, but it's pretty common in a lot industries that the market leader is undercutting the competition. You act like Stern is at a lower price out of goodwill. They know what they are doing.

Unlike... well, you know.

#5483 1 year ago

A clear dome on the tank that supported some lighting effects would have been nice. If they switched the 5 stationary targets to 4 drop targets it would ease the pain a little but will still be boring and too repetitive. Alternate reality, gimme a break. Like watching a movie where the end is "it was all a dream." Maybe a "brain freeze" hurry up mode? Banana splits offer a trove of crude humor.

#5484 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Sure, but it's pretty common in a lot industries that the market leader is undercutting the competition. You act like Stern is at a lower price out of goodwill. They know what they are doing.
Unlike... well, you know.

This isn’t rocket science dude. They didn’t undercut anybody before JJp showed up - they were literally the only Company in business for 10 years.

Other companies showed up, charged much higher prices, and “pinflation” was on.

But for a decade people have been whining about Stern raising prices and being responsible for “pinflation.”

Makes zero sense to me.

#5485 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

"This is why people need to take limited experiences with a grain of salt"
Biggest expo I've gone to is SFGE in Atlanta but I was exhibiting and not truly attending. Any thoughts on the limited expo experiences? Looked like some lines were 8 people long in TX walkthrough videos. You get one game in and have to step aside. Considering how many people visited likely not much you can do other than bring more copies of the same game, but curious any thoughts. Did anyone one person truly get enough time at TXPF to have an opinion with limited time?

MGC the lines were pretty short. I got a lot of time in on it. I can't say I understand every aspect of the game because you couldn't hear much of it, but I got into some cool modes.

#5486 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This isn’t rocket science dude. They didn’t undercut anybody before JJp showed up - they were literally the only
Company in business for 10 years.
Other companies showed up, charged much higher prices, and the fight to the top was on.
But for a decade people have been whining about Stern raising prices.
Makes zero sense to me.

I've lost the point you are trying to make, JJP was clearly offering a premium option, you act like they released the same product at a higher price.

Btw, I am not defending whatever point that other guy made, but the higher prices are clearly a result of consumer demand. Saying it's the new company's fault is as silly as saying it's Stern's.

#5487 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

JJP was clearly offering a premium option, you act like they released the same product at a higher price.

Exactly. JJP just proved there was a market for higher quality games with more in them. Turns out they didn’t put prices up enough and almost went under from underpricing WOZ.

#5488 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

MGC the lines were pretty short. I got a lot of time in on it. I can't say I understand every aspect of the game because you couldn't hear much of it, but I got into some cool modes.

I have a few hours logged on it now since I was visiting a friend who has one the the early models made. It is a great game. Only the code updates will make it better. The air ball issue is being fixed by AP and the new games being made will have a solution.

#5489 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Holy F... I thought maybe my expected code release got posted... instead it's two pages of one poster rehashing YEARS OLD SHIT.
Jack Danger has been streaming everyone's games long after he got on as an abassador for Stern and then as a designer. Sorry you're late to the party and you couldn't negotiate as good of a deal in your life. He did. End of Story.
Imagine all the angst if the story was "Stern Killed Deadflip!!" -- Now you know why they let him do some paultry streaming to help the hobby as a whole.

Stern killed Dead flip?!?! You all heard it from #1 insider Flynnibus!

On a more somber note…looking forward to Jack Dangers final stream tonight before his execution. I heard firing squad but could be lethal injection. At least he went out with GTF!

#5490 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

JD and Stern are poised for a win-win with a GTF game stream, attracting traffic and followers. JD's social game scored him a spot at Stern, and I say, "Kudos!" He's a nice guy, all about gameplay and banter, yet others also bring unique perspectives and insights. So enjoy, but seriously chill on the fanaticism, folks...
Of course, JD's videos promote Stern. He's their man! Conflict of interest? You bet. AP could try leading the show, plus also share the game with multiple channels, but once JD/DeadFlip uploads, it's Stern's domain. And hey, Stern might not be everyone's pinball champ.
Classics like Attack from Mars, STTNG, and Indiana Jones still tug at our heartstrings. Some label AP's GTF immature, take it easy... FF is just as cartoony/childish if not more. GTF has potential, those 3D prints? Yikes. Still, it's a lighthearted, and refreshingly different machine...
Pro Players and code fanatics, pinballs are primarily entertainment machines, not sporting devices. Stern's been leading the charge on pinflation, so here's to hoping for more market disruption and fresh ideas. Remember, even tiny ripples can shake up a small pond.
Sprinkle some salt and take it with a pinch..

GTF video reminds me of this popular game:

FF146A55-E0A0-4E0D-875D-563D6D5C5855.gifFF146A55-E0A0-4E0D-875D-563D6D5C5855.gif
#5491 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern killed Dead flip?!?! You all heard it from #1 insider Flynnibus!
On a more somber note…looking forward to Jack Dangers final stream tonight before his execution. I heard firing squad but could be lethal injection. At least he went out with GTF!

What time is the stream?

#5492 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What time is the stream?

8pm est

#5493 1 year ago

I thought it was 6 central, so 7 EST.

#5494 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I thought it was 6 central, so 7 EST

Yup

#5496 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I thought it was 6 central, so 7 EST.

Date was wrong too. Was it tonight it’d April 3rd? Poster above said 8. Thought time has changed too. Sorry!

#5497 1 year ago

F'ing daylight savings. How about we just agree on 6 Central, 7 Eastern

#5498 1 year ago

Anybody got a link? Im not ‘twitch’ savvy

#5500 1 year ago

I love all 3 of them talking over each other during the stream.
Jack obviously not letting them know like he does with every other stream..lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.