IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 145.
#3901 1 year ago

Game looks fun and Is beautiful. The lighting and art are very nice and I love that it's different . Don't get me wrong I appreciate stern and love many but they all do feel very similar in some way. So the more out of the ordinary options that become available like gtf and pf it only helps keep things fresh..... more pinball the better for the hobby. What a stellar start to 2023 for this hobby... it has definitely brought me back in as I was starting to push away past few years.

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is Tim curry one of the actors !?
I’m in just for that !
.. and no pun intended

No, Tim is not in the game.

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sure, happy to help: yes, you like this game so far.
Seriously, I'm glad to answer any questions about the game itself, but I have no idea where/when HD gameplay videos will be available.

Ferret how far along is the current code? How is the depth in the game? Is there a lot to do in it?

#3904 1 year ago

I just played both at TPF. I like GTF more

Agreed!

#3905 1 year ago

Question here: Is GTF the AP first pin under Fix?

PS: I just watch the seminar,and i feel like Dennis fucking hate Fix lol His body language seem like it anyway

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I’ve swapped out all of my games
Zero here currently.
New start!
3 on the way now. This hobby!!!!!!

Haha thats the way to do it same here!

#3907 1 year ago

I own all 4 American games and like them all but I am may pass on this depending and see down the road!

Quoted from VGC1612:

PS: I just watch the seminar,and i feel like Dennis fucking hate Fix lol His body language seem like it anyway

Ya I definitely noticed that,when fix was trying to be funny Norman blew him off,its-obvious ,I love all 4 of my American games but this one is a miss from what I see so for.I have been playing the hell out of LOV it great after some tweeks to the ramps.I need to document my mod to the lane shot,I may have made it to easy.

#3908 1 year ago

Im so torn between this and PF tho,still dont know which one to pick,im guessing GTF gonna be easier to find on the second market at a good price versus PF

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

For anyone who hasn't watched it you can go watch the vod on twitch. The first, shorter video has the first part. Including some mildly interesting (maybe mildly is a strong word) hot mic stuff before they gor started.

#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Im so torn between this and PF tho,still dont know which one to pick,im guessing GTF gonna be easier to find on the second market at a good price versus PF

I would think that PF would be easier to find down the road. PF is a licensed theme and more people will initially buy it just based on theme alone.

#3911 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I would think that PF would be easier to find down the road. PF is a licensed theme and more people will initially buy it just based on theme alone.

The LEs will never be easy to find.

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Ive seen and played both and for me it's an easy choice.

Galactic Tank Force with Pulp Fiction topper.

Att: Will trade pleasure cannon for Uma

#3913 1 year ago

I scanned through the seminar and noticed this picture to show how it fits against the wall. Notice the head is actually forward a couple of inches to add room for the turret. I'm still out on the LE, but at least the game can be put against a wall and not worry about the turret or tank treads hitting.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

This isn't Nordman's first rodeo and Fix isn't his first rodeo clown.

#3915 1 year ago

Is there no one with a phone made in this decade taking a 4K quality video at TPF? This looks like it was “shot” with a Nokia from 1999.

#3916 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I own all 4 American games and like them all but I am may pass on this depending and see down the road!

Ya I definitely noticed that,when fix was trying to be funny Norman blew him off,its-obvious ,I love all 4 of my American games but this one is a miss from what I see so for.I have been playing the hell out of LOV it great after some tweeks to the ramps.I need to document my mod to the lane shot,I may have made it to easy.

Please do share that. I’ve been playing LOV like crazy too. Games flow and geometry is so basic but so fast and addictive

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The LEs will never be easy to find.

Never! Just like my Bond LE, good luck finding one of those. Or my Halloween CE, good luck ever finding one of those bad boys!
Lets not quite use the word never when a game isn't even out yet. FOMO and waiting and waiting for a game and new games coming out can overrule "never" pretty quickly.

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Never! Just like my Bond LE, good luck finding one of those. Or my Halloween CE, good luck ever finding one of those bad boys!
Let’s not quite use the word never when a game isn't even out yet. FOMO and waiting and waiting for a game and new games coming out can overrule "never" pretty quickly.

Keep dreaming…comparing PF, which is receiving Godzilla level reactions, to 2 widely panned games makes zero sense. A much better comparison would be CGCs own game, CCRLE….good luck finding that for retail. Even CCR isn’t a a great comparison, has nowhere near the level of hype of this one. There may be some smaller distributors that still have one or 2, but the LE will be very very difficult to find at retail. The Topper on the LE is one of the coolest ever made. Halloween in particular is a terrible comparison, preorder spots starting losing value within days of the first streams.

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Keep dreaming…comparing this game, which is receiving Godzilla level reactions, to 2 widely panned games makes zero sense. A much better comparison would be CGCs own game, CCRLE….good luck finding that for retail. Even CCR isn’t a a great comparison, has nowhere near the level of hype of this one. There may be some smaller distributors that still have one or 2 of these, but the LE will be very very difficult to find at retail. The Topper on the LE is one of the coolest ever made.

We'll see, I've seen the hype train full steam on many many games before a single game is even in a house. The initial FOMO, waiting for games and new games coming out in the meantime and lackluster rules/gameplay in the end, fizzles the excitement of many things over time.
I waited a year and a half from ordering CCRLE to getting it in my house yesterday, I honestly forgot I ordered the damn thing at times and when I found out it was coming, I debated selling it cause I had so many other new games coming in. I'm glad I have it now but that wait was ridiculous.

#3920 1 year ago

Here are the links to the twitch VODs for the AP seminar and more:

Here is the start: https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/video/1774581481

And here is the rest and then some: https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/video/1774612081

#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I joked with friends David Fix is gonna drive this thing around TPF, and there he is doing just that. Well played AP, well played
That's the way to embrace the tank. Now show us some freaking gameplay will ya!

AP could have come across as a FORCE to be reconned with instead of being TANKed if they made their $17.5k LE+ version, drivable. A driving version was shown by AP and it looked great. You could see some modifications to top of cabinet were made for the controls to come through. But imagine that AP made a drivable tank pinball machine. That would be cool and an industry first. Then AP’s pricing of their Tank LE model would be advertised as non-drivable for $11.5k. Then the deluxe version using a standard looking cabinet and art would be $9.5k. Finally introduce the standard edition for $7.5k. ONLY THEN would AP have four distinctive versions of GTF! and all off them worth considering.

#3922 1 year ago

Maybe I missed it but did they say the order these were going to get built in? Is it LEs first and then deluxe?
Then sprinkle in the 3 Signature editions they sold.

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Is there no one with a phone made in this decade taking a 4K quality video at TPF? This looks like it was “shot” with a Nokia from 1999.

Clearly footage is being smuggled out discreetly. Many phones must have been destroyed or confiscated.

Don’t know how that Neil guy just ripped some footage and not only lived to tell the tale but later worked the mic during the seminar. That’s some real James Bond shit right there…

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

We'll see, I've seen the hype train full steam on many many games before a single game is even in a house. The initial FOMO, waiting for games and new games coming out in the meantime and lackluster rules/gameplay in the end, fizzles the excitement of many things over time.
I waited a year and a half from ordering CCRLE to getting it in my house yesterday, I honestly forgot I ordered the damn thing at times and when I found out it was coming, I debated selling it cause I had so many other new games coming in. I'm glad I have it now but that wait was ridiculous.

And you're not alone as everybody has been, and still is, waiting for their CGC machines. And that's why I'm so puzzled by these, seemingly fearless people ordering Pulp Fiction. I hope they get their games as promised but I foresee a very long wait.

#3925 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Many phones must have been destroyed or confiscated.

Please explain.

#3926 1 year ago

I'm loving all the positive sentiments coming from those who are shooting this at TPF! Keep the initial thoughts coming! We are past the reveal sentiment dip and trending upwards. I'm keeping my eye out for a reveal stream and still in on a Tank LE

#3927 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Maybe I missed it but did they say the order these were going to get built in? Is it LEs first and then deluxe?
Then sprinkle in the 3 Signature editions they sold.

They're gonna make LEs until the SE parts show up, then do those, and then back to LEs. He explained that since the LE people paid more, they should get their machine first.

Quoted from Mr68:

Please explain.

Whoosh

#3928 1 year ago

As mentioned, The tank LE will require appropriate space in a game room.
Not just for the treads, but for your guests jaws as they hang in awe from the spectacle of it all.
Love the reactions so far, quite fun!

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please explain.

It goes with the rest of the post and is self explanatory. Sorry my wit escapes you…

#3930 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please explain.

They have a cell phone incinerator on site you cannot be too careful until these things sell out. Dave Fix takes it away personally

#3931 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

AP could have come across as a FORCE to be reconned with instead of being TANKed if they made their $17.5k LE+ version, drivable. A driving version was shown by AP and it looked great. You could see some modifications to top of cabinet were made for the controls to come through. But imagine that AP made a drivable tank pinball machine. That would be cool and an industry first. Then AP’s pricing of their Tank LE model would be advertised as non-drivable for $11.5k. Then the deluxe version using a standard looking cabinet and art would be $9.5k. Finally introduce the standard edition for $7.5k. ONLY THEN would AP have four distinctive versions of GTF! and all off them worth considering.

Sure thing. Extra 7-8 large to be able to back pin up into its lineup in my game room. Awww yeah. Don’t sign me up!

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sure, happy to help: yes, you like this game so far.
Seriously, I'm glad to answer any questions about the game itself, but I have no idea where/when HD gameplay videos will be available.

Is there a rules sheet or diagram available to see for the game? Pulp Fiction, Foo Fighters, and Godfather have released rules sheets and it's nice to get that information to help get a better feel for the game. Hoping to get a chance to play this game to try it out soon.

#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Clearly footage is being smuggled out discreetly. Many phones must have been destroyed or confiscated.
Don’t know how that Neil guy just ripped some footage and not only lived to tell the tale but later worked the mic during the seminar. That’s some real James Bond shit right there…

Hes got a 60th..

#3934 1 year ago

I just finished watching the twitch streams and I didn't sense any of the animosity, or whatever you want to call it some people have been talking about. In fact I thought the whole thing was funny and tried to be pretty lighthearted, I'm really shocked how quiet and subdued the crowd was when Ryan "drove" the folded LE into the room - I thought the room would arrupt with laughter and applause at the craziness of it. When did pinball people become so cynical? Sure they could have handled the teasers and reveal better and they definitely should have had someone setup to do a professional level livestream of the game either at the show or before hand but otherwise I think they deserve credit for doing what pretty much no one else in the industry has the balls to do. I look forward to playing it (hopefully) somewhere and could see buying a Deluxe at some point if it's as much fun as many of the initial reviews are indicating.

Edit: And I thought that David Fix acknowledging @rosh's contributions to the game was a class thing to do. His comments about pinside I think was just poking fun at us, no offense taken here.

#3935 1 year ago

My opinion turned also, the screen footage and sounds are congruent and intriguing. That doesn’t excuse the horrible trailer that turned many (including me) off.

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is there a rules sheet or diagram available to see for the game? Pulp Fiction, Foo Fighters, and Godfather have released rules sheets and it's nice to get that information to help get a better feel for the game. Hoping to get a chance to play this game to try it out soon.

Dennis said during the seminar that one of his goals was to bring back more randomness to a game so that normal schmos have a chance against really great players like Bowden. For his part Bowden was specifically asked about rules and said he'd prefer people just play it rather than him explaining it. rosh and @Ferrret have provided some general insight into the game and some tricks on how to maximize some scores, etc. but it seems like they don't want this to be a game that requires a JJP-like rules diagram.

#3937 1 year ago

Are there delivery timeframes? My guess is deluxe will be the most popular

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

It goes with the rest of the post and is self explanatory. Sorry my wit escapes you…

Oof. Too much coffee this morning. Sorry about that.

Be sure to tune in next week for my embarrassment du jour.

#3939 1 year ago

Oh well... phone videos be damned, that was enough gameplay for me - got my LE order back in.

- Still can't stand that FMV horror, but the clips don't seem prominent enough they will ruin the rest of the experience for me
- The layout looks like so much fun
- I love the art and the lighting
- Nordman has designed some of my favorite games ever
- I want to support AP, I appreciate what they are trying to do very much
- I really really need a tank in my game room

What an emotional roller coaster pinball life is...

#3940 1 year ago

After seeing some of these videos in the past day I have to say. I am pretty stoked for this one. I reserved the Deluxe. I am just as stoked for this one as I am FF and GF I have on order. What a great time for pinball. 12 or so years ago when I first entered the hobby new games felt so bare and we all complained. I read stories back then about how in the late 80's so many games were coming out all the time and thought those must of been good times. Now, we have so many choices for new games it's incredible. Yea prices stink but, everything is expensive now and I feel like we just buy into the hobby at our budget and trade around those games and add $$ when you can and some day have a few that you want. Just play them though. The one thing I learned too late. JUST SHUT UP AND GO PLAY THEM. Arguing on pinside and trying to get people to think the way you do doesn't amount to anything positive. Buy what you want, sell what and how you want then GO PLAY. You'll be happier. Good times.

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Dennis said during the seminar that one of his goals was to bring back more randomness to a game so that normal schmos have a chance against really great players like Bowden. For his part Bowden was specifically asked about rules and said he'd prefer people just play it rather than him explaining it. rosh and @Ferrret have provided some general insight into the game and some tricks on how to maximize some scores, etc. but it seems like they don't want this to be a game that requires a JJP-like rules diagram.

Lol, I'm not expecting and definitely not hoping for a JJP-like rules diagram. But Pulp Fiction has a nice straightforward & relatively simple set of rules, and the rules sheet they put out with the game was nice to see. I get what Steven was saying, but I have no idea if/when/where I'll be able to play this game soon since I'm not going to MGC or any other show, and a rules sheet for me does give a bit of insight into the game.

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

For his part Bowden was specifically asked about rules and said he'd prefer people just play it rather than him explaining it.

Yeah, but was that due to him feeling that way or being so late to the programming project that he didn't feel confident in elaborating? He generally seemed adrift/confused during that presentation more than anyone else on the project, and assumedly all the other guys have been a part of it longer.

#3943 1 year ago

some more footage:

I'nm going to do a Twitch Stream from the show at 13:30 local time from my phone - https://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

#3944 1 year ago

Great video Neil. That moving cow target looks like a lot of fun. Only thing I don't like so far are those ugly pin stadium style lights.

#3945 1 year ago

I think it looks fantastic.

#3946 1 year ago

Streams are pulling me back in. Glad that the deluxe looks like the model to get, so I can take my time and play it before ordering.

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

some more footage:

I'nm going to do a Twitch Stream from the show at 13:30 local time from my phone - https://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

Thank you for the best video so far.

#3948 1 year ago

I genuinely like the speaker panel design.

Speaker Panel (resized).pngSpeaker Panel (resized).png

The LCD presents better than their trailer suggested. IMO if they added a little film grain and dirt to all the 3D rendered clips, and some static and noise over all the FMV live action so it was like it was being broadcasted to you it would unify it all with the theme and help. Be a pain to re-render all the clips, but you could batch process it all honestly.

#3949 1 year ago

Appreciate the effort with the latest video, but I found it almost unwatchable at times, due to the constant camera angle adjustments. Felt queasy as the image jolted about all over the place, detailed ceiling shots and forehead close-ups. Hopefully you can get that sorted and we can all enjoy your upcoming twitch stream later today.

#3950 1 year ago

I actually love the art on the Deluxe version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.