pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 147.
#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nothing but vanilla and milquetoast from here on out. Some very sensitive people
for sure.

That's not true!

You can literally buy a pinball machine with a "fudge packing mode" and doubtless countless dick jokes, today.

Speak with your wallet! If you want more chocolate and rebellious from here on out, BUY GALACTIC TANK FORCE! This is the game you've been waiting for, and your support is important.

Nobody bought Whoa Nellie, and that fiasco set back junvenille pinball humor by a decade. Now's your chance to help rectify this injustice!

#5002 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you guys see David Fix saying they've sold 2000 of these?

Fix is a well known BS artist and said similar unbelievable sales numbers when LOV was released (500 deluxe, 1100 classic), that have certainly not materialized, not sure anyone has ever seen a classic and rumors are they the have not even built the 500 deluxe.

Clearly he is trying to spin this fiasco as if it went well and somehow thinks this will get others to buy it "well if 2000 sold it must be good". Or maybe he is trying to convince the owners things went well so they won't fire him.

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Also, If AP sold 2,000 of these already without any real gameplay video, I'm pretty sure the Fed will decide to raise interest rates by a solid 75 bps.

guys from Buffalo, then know Fix, and they know BS when they hear it.

Does anyone actually believe they sold 2000?

#5003 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and doubtless countless dick jokes, today.

Believe Scooby owns that one with the apron cock locks. Please support them too!

#5004 1 year ago
galactic_wife2 (resized).pnggalactic_wife2 (resized).png
#5005 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not true!
You can literally buy a pinball machine with a "fudge packing mode" and doubtless countless dick jokes, today.
Speak with your wallet! If you want more chocolate and rebellious from here on out, BUY GALACTIC TANK FORCE! This is the game you've been waiting for, and your support is important.

I'm just thinking of someone shaking their head and wondering out loud "what happened to pinball" and then a perfectly timed Pulp Fiction LE attract mode call out of "Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!"

#5006 1 year ago
gtfbrain.jpggtfbrain.jpg
#5007 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Apparently, Lume deodorant works on ass fudge also.... and for up to 72 hours as an added bonus. [quoted image]

Quoted from gandamack:

Apparently, Lume deodorant works on ass fudge also.... and for up to 72 hours as an added bonus. [quoted image]

Make all happy please by providing a demonstration video. ha.

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nothing but vanilla and milquetoast from here on out. Some very sensitive people
for sure.

LOL!!!
In a thread where grown man-babies are losing their shit because people are criticizing unpainted 3D-printed action figures on their toy, you’re suggesting that the sensitive people are the ones who are offended by the use of a recognized homophobic slur?
(Feel free to Google “is fudge packer a homophobic slur?”, and you’ll find that it is)
That’s rich. But of course blaming others and suggesting that they are the ones who are in the wrong (is that called deflection?) is a popular option these days by many so at least you’re not alone in some ways.

#5009 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

LOL!!!
In a thread where grown man-babies are losing their shit because people are criticizing unpainted 3D-printed action figures on their toy, you’re suggesting that the sensitive people are the ones who are offended by the use of a recognized homophobic slur?
(Feel free to Google “is fudge packer a homophobic slur?”, and you’ll find that it is)
That’s rich. But of course blaming others and suggesting that they are the ones who are in the wrong (is that called deflection?) is a popular option these days by many so at least you’re not alone in some ways.

Criticizing specifics of a product for sale = bad

Policing others’ jokes = good

Got it!

#5010 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just like Gottlieb in the 80’s!
We can do this!

As an owner of Bad Girls and one day, hopefully, Monte Carlo, this would be amazing. If AP put their full force into this, they could be the 80s Gottlieb of this decade. Which means, I'll own one of their machines, 30+ years from now.

#5011 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

[quoted image]

Again with this bizarre logic that we're not allowed to criticize a pinball machine.

Do you apply this to other products/services in life? Or are pinball machines some kind of special product where one is only allowed to say positive things about it?

This might blow your mind, but I have opinions on games I won't buy. And they aren't all positive. Which is showcasing why I won't buy a game. Crazy, I know.

#5012 1 year ago

Again with this bizarre logic that we're not allowed to criticize a pinball machine.
Do you apply this to other products/services in life? Or are pinball machines some kind of special product where one is only allowed to say positive things about it?
This might blow your mind, but I have opinions on games I won't buy. And they aren't all positive. Which is showcasing why I won't buy a game. Crazy, I know.

stop trying to discuss pinball machines on a pinball machine discussion forum

#5013 1 year ago

You just don't have the room brother!

#5014 1 year ago

The point was it's painfully obvious what is "constructive" vs "demo" style of criticism.
It's always amusing to see people roll in with sledgehammers, pitchforks and their demo gear playing in the dirt to tear things down, then try and ride out on their high horse. It has nothing to do with stopping discussion or trying to keep it all positive, it's about people being absolute hypocrites.

What's bizarre is that you can't see it, or maybe you can and are just willfully obtuse.

I can look past certain things - especially subjective details in all areas of purchase in my life, and I don't need to roll in with "I'm paying X for this, so I better get what I want or I'll leave a shit review" like it's yelp.

#5015 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

stop trying to discuss pinball machines on a pinball machine discussion forum

No, no, no - it's "only discuss pinball machines in a way that agrees with how I envision the discussion of pinball machines going on a pinball machine discussion forum"

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I don’t think the ‘fudge packing’ joke is funny. Can you BE any more dense?

yes

#5017 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

What's bizarre is that you can't see it, or maybe you can and are just willfully obtuse.

I'm willfully obtuse.

#5018 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:stop trying to discuss pinball machines on a pinball machine discussion forum

It's unseemly!!!

#5019 1 year ago

Willfully obtuse should fit in fine here a la fudge packing jokes

#5020 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

The point was it's painfully obvious what is "constructive" vs "demo" style of criticism.
It's always amusing to see people roll in with sledgehammers, pitchforks and their demo gear playing in the dirt to tear things down, then try and ride out on their high horse. It has nothing to do with stopping discussion or trying to keep it all positive, it's about people being absolute hypocrites.
I can look past certain things - especially subjective details in all areas of purchase in my life, and I don't need to roll in with "I'm paying X for this, so I better get what I want or I'll leave a shit review" like it's yelp.

Yeah I'm not trying to help my friend write a love song for his wife's birthday, I'm talking about an extremely expensive commercial product. This is the weirdest logic ever.

#5021 1 year ago

I'm willfully obtuse.

And virtuous apparently

#5022 1 year ago

this some AI render?

coindoor looks vicious

#5023 1 year ago

Again with this bizarre logic that we're not allowed to criticize the way you criticize.
This might blow your mind, but there is a difference between criticizing and even disliking something while maintaining a baseline of respect (if not gratitude) for the craft of those that made that thing, versus being a condescending, patronizing, self-important dick that dismisses the work of others insultingly and with obvious disdain at every opportunity. Crazy, I know.

#5024 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Again with this bizarre logic that we're not allowed to criticize the way you criticize.
This might blow your mind, but there is a difference between criticizing and even disliking something while maintaining a baseline of respect (if not gratitude) for the craft of those that made that thing, versus being a condescending, patronizing, self-important dick that dismisses the work of others insultingly and with obvious disdain at every opportunity. Crazy, I know.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5025 1 year ago

Vickki LaMotta?

#5026 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

this some AI render?

I put it together. After Franchi's in depth market analysis, I figured this would hit the target audience and make tons of $. Art is from Dead Rising 3 - Darlene Boss Fight.

#5027 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I put it together. After Franchi's in depth market analysis, I figured this would hit the target audience and make tons of $. Art is from Dead Rising 3 - Darlene Boss Fight.

It makes me want to mod a LOTR ring into a pink donut

#5028 1 year ago

Wait till they see that "LOOK AT THE GIRTH ON THAT CANNON!" quote.

#5029 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

while maintaining a baseline of respect (if not gratitude) for the craft of those that made that thing, versus being a condescending, patronizing, self-important dick that dismisses the work of others insultingly and with obvious disdain at every opportunity. Crazy, I know.

I love how your trying to school him in having some "respect" as you lay into him condescendingly and patronizingly, with a sprinkle of name calling.

#5030 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

This might blow your mind, but there is a difference between criticizing and even disliking something while maintaining a baseline of respect (if not gratitude) for the craft of those that made that thing

I respect all the missteps that went into making this thing, everything from selecting the dub step music, to boomer humor, cringe acting, and deeply confusing marketing approach. These things don't just happen, they take time, and I can respect the work.

And I think you misunderstand me: I'm extremely grateful this game exists.

Please, carry on personally insulting me for having an opinion.

#5031 1 year ago

all I gotta say is... 99% of the topic of this thread over the last week is completely disconnected from what you think about when actually playing the game.

This thread will change so much once people actually just play the damn thing where you can actually see and hear it.

#5032 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I love how your trying to school him in having some "respect" as you lay into him condescendingly and patronizingly, with a sprinkle of name calling.

Warning...sprinkles may cause giggles!!!!

#5033 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

all I gotta say is... 99% of the topic of this thread over the last week is completely disconnected from what you think about when actually playing the game.
This thread will change so much once people actually just play the damn thing where you can actually see and hear it.

What's your favorite feature on the game thus far? Try to sell me the game. AP has barely tried to

I want to like it...

#5034 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I want one but when it’s HUO at $6200 feels about right for me.

I Still think this will happen in 2023.
Look forward to owning it then.

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What's your favorite feature on the game thus far? Try to sell me the game. AP has barely tried to
I want to like it...

Damn Trey I thought you were in!

#5036 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

The condescending and patronizing tone was meant to match his - I guess I got it right. As for the name calling, I will leave the post there not to be a chicken but I regret that already and I will apologize to him for that - it's not my style and I rarely slip, but I did today.

#5037 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn Trey I thought you were in!

I'm still trying to decide between a P3 with Final Resistance, or GTFo. It's really hard to make an informed choice when Multimorphic does a good gameplay reveal and then an excellent presentation at TPF and like it's pulling teeth with AP.

#5038 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I want to like it...

It looks stunning
It is different from Sterns. Just like some people follow JJP as a religion for having a different focus.. this game does not just play the same as all the sterns and WPCs around it.
the overhead lighting makes the game very different... if you like it or not is preference... but I think it adds to the game.
It looks loaded - even though I'd say the shot selection isn't that busy.
The game's media keeps you engaged and at least while it's new... seems like always something different is happening/playing.
The game has a TNA like rush feel to it once you get things playing and active
Strategizing when to attack the tank is fun
The cow and saucer target are the most fun simple thing I've see in a long time

Honestly I think the real issue people might have with the game is its difficulty to make progress in it. The missions, etc are HARD. First multiball is easy, but missions to get the sundee stuff are challenging.

The other issue is.. it's busy/loaded near the top. It's hard to see 3 of the ball paths up near the planet at the back.. and you can't see the right spinner AT ALL without moving around.

In some ways I feel like there is a houdini feel to it... busy and loaded, but possibly challenging to get going. This can change as you get more familiar with the game, but I don't know if it's as walk-up approachable as other games.

#5039 1 year ago

I played many games at TPF. My initial takeaway was it has potential, but I need more time in a non show environment. As expected you can’t hear the call outs and don’t have the time to really get a feel for rules. So having a stream would help me understand how the game rules progress since I already know how it shoots. There was nothing I disliked about the way it shot. The tank right up the middle is always super nerve racking, but I kind of liked the danger. If they can adjust the targets to not send the balls over the flippers then I don’t really mind the tank shots. TLDR - please put up a professional game play stream.

#5040 1 year ago

I respect all the missteps that went into making this thing, everything from selecting the dub step music, to boomer humor, cringe acting, and deeply confusing marketing approach. These things don't just happen, they take time, and I can respect the work.
And I think you misunderstand me: I'm extremely grateful this game exists.
Please, carry on personally insulting me for having an opinion.

I have no problem with you having opinions, negative or otherwise, and as I mentioned above I do apologize for the ugly name calling. It was a bad way to vent some frustration and I hope you can dismiss it as such.

Not making excuses, but as someone who has been on the receiving end of "critical review" for decades in my own professional life, in the good, bad and really ugly, from adoration all the way to being attacked with vicious fervor, I can't help but being affected indirectly at the thought of how it must feel for those involved with the game to read some of the vitriolic opinions some here feel entitled to share. Sometimes it all gets to be a bit much, and no matter how thick the calluses you have built up, it rubs through and there is some bleeding.

I shall fade away now and leave you all to it.

#5041 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I'm just fine and I very much appreciate your concern. And I agree, in the right time and in the right place, a well-timed pejorative expression can be really funny. To me, though, this just isn't one of those places. I'm not sitting here with outrage and fire coming out of my ears, but I think some things are better left in the past, especially in a pinball game, where it just isn't the same as a great comedian's set.

Waaaay not related to the game, but I'd be curious your thoughts on something media related. I finally got to catch episode 3 of "The Last of Us" last night, and the presentation of Frank's character was so stereotypically absurd that it might as well have been as seriously taken as a "Will and Grace" episode.

Druckman is not meaning offense, but I'd have to assume many with good taste would feel the portrayal of Frank was about as deconstructive and misguided as to Druckman's assumed intentions moreso than helpful. Present a homosexual relationship as something entirely empathetic to people otherwise maybe not so open to such a concept.

Offerman's performance, and to a lesser extent the writing of his character, was absolutely fantastic, ironically given how ludicrously presented Frank was shown to be.

My point being, assumed intentions or not, harm can still exist via a creator's vision.

#5042 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

LOL!!!

I know what it means, Im just not scared of words. They don't upset me.

#5043 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

When its that good, you shouldnt just give it away! Get together a team of pinball experts and sell them on this title asap!!! CE editions should be rolling out 2024! Code? IM NOT DUMB ENOUGH TO ANSWER THAT ONE! LOLOL

#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

I have no problem with you having opinions, negative or otherwise, and as I mentioned above I do apologize for the ugly name calling. It was a bad way to vent some frustration and I hope you can dismiss it as such.
Not making excuses, but as someone who has been on the receiving end of "critical review" for decades in my own professional life, in the good, bad and really ugly, from adoration all the way to being attacked with vicious fervor, I can't help but being affected indirectly at the thought of how it must feel for those involved with the game to read some of the vitriolic opinions some here feel entitled to share. Sometimes it all gets to be a bit much, and no matter how thick the calluses you have built up, it rubs through and there is some bleeding.
I shall fade away now and leave you all to it.

Quoted from wesman:

Waaaay not related to the game, but I'd be curious your thoughts on something media related. I finally got to catch episode 3 of "The Last of Us" last night, and the presentation of Frank's character was so stereotypically absurd that it might as well have been as seriously taken as a "Will and Grace" episode.
Druckman is not meaning offense, but I'd have to assume many with good taste would feel the portrayal of Frank was about as deconstructive and misguided as to Druckman's assumed intentions moreso than helpful. Present a homosexual relationship as something entirely empathetic to people otherwise maybe not so open to such a concept.
Offerman's performance, and to a lesser extent the writing of his character, was absolutely fantastic, ironically given how ludicrously presented Frank was shown to be.
My point being, assumed intentions or not, harm can still exist via a creator's vision.

Ffs how many times do we have to remind those that this is where grown men with fuckloads of disposable income defend their pity purchases....

Take your young and restless somrwhre rlse. The real drama is pages deep, right here.

#5045 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It looks stunning
It is different from Sterns. Just like some people follow JJP as a religion for having a different focus.. this game does not just play the same as all the sterns and WPCs around it.
the overhead lighting makes the game very different... if you like it or not is preference... but I think it adds to the game.
It looks loaded - even though I'd say the shot selection isn't that busy.
The game's media keeps you engaged and at least while it's new... seems like always something different is happening/playing.
The game has a TNA like rush feel to it once you get things playing and active
Strategizing when to attack the tank is fun
The cow and saucer target are the most fun simple thing I've see in a long time
Honestly I think the real issue people might have with the game is its difficulty to make progress in it. The missions, etc are HARD. First multiball is easy, but missions to get the sundee stuff are challenging.
The other issue is.. it's busy/loaded near the top. It's hard to see 3 of the ball paths up near the planet at the back.. and you can't see the right spinner AT ALL without moving around.
In some ways I feel like there is a houdini feel to it... busy and loaded, but possibly challenging to get going. This can change as you get more familiar with the game, but I don't know if it's as walk-up approachable as other games.

The reality is underway. Set up and playing with some detailed review.

I’d like to hear others as they go to play this at this location too

This is just a crushing demoralizing blow to the drama queen deuce droppers!

AP gonna sell a ton of these games. Regular edition.

#5046 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

AP gonna sell a ton of these games. Regular edition.

This!

Or they'll be out of business in a year.

#5047 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This!

It'd be a shame if they went out of business before giving someone other than Fix a chance to run the show. They have resources that would be the envy of most other manufacturers.

#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It'd be a shame if they went out of business before giving someone other than Fix a chance to run the show. They have resources that would be the envy of most other manufacturers.

#BringRoshBack

#5049 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

The N word you refer to is still highly prevalent in American society and used to great comic effect by many black comedians to this day . Don’t let a word have power over you’re sensibilities and state of mind / well being

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This!

“Or IT DIES” -GWJ

#5050 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Being a condescending, patronizing, self-important dick that dismisses the work of others insultingly and with obvious disdain at every opportunity.

I love pinball. I've been collecting games since 1994 and playing pins a lot longer than that. Before the internet, my buddy and I would play games together at arcades so one of us could learn from what was happening on the display while the other was playing. Now I like to watch manufacturers' releases of new games and streams of gameplay on the internet before I ever get a chance to play them in person. DeadFlip (Jack Danger) and SDTM (Greg Bone and Zach Meny) are great ambassadors for pinball and present new games very well (even though I know every new game will get a B+ rating from Zach).

I deliberately avoid Kaneda, but have sought out and watched several other pinball shows on YouTube. After watching three segments of Bro, do you even TALK pinball? I came to the conclusion that Nick was a condescending, patronizing, self-important jerk who I would not want to watch talk pinball again. (Too bad, because I liked Kevin's enthusiasm on the shows I saw.) I have successfully avoided Nick since then until he brought his negative energy to this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.