pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 146.
#5301 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Who really cares at this point. All manufacturers are terrified of releasing production numbers for some unknown reason.
Big balls are in short supply in this industry. Heaven forbid anyone knows how many were made!

Except Spooky.

#5302 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Actually a little surprised to see the PP raffle not sold out (about 75% after being up all day). Pretty rare for them nowadays. I bought one as I always do, but this seems to be a clear indication of less interest in GTF.

2,000 people bought GTF in a couple days. They're probably not interested in getting a second copy of the machine.

#5303 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

2,000 people bought GTF in a couple days. They're probably not interested in getting a second copy of the machine.

Really 2000 in a couple days? Do they have a limit?

#5304 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Really 2000 in a couple days? Do they have a limit?

So (allegedly) said David Fix. He could answer the limit question.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

2000 is bs

#5306 1 year ago

This is brought up with every new game by every manufacturer . When LEs are reported as sold out - and they all are on day one - it means the manufacturer has sold all of its games to distributors. That means that all those games that distributors bought are still available for sale to the public . Similarly in this case , distributors have laid claim to a lot of machines as inventory to continue making a livelihood . I don’t doubt they’ve taken 2000 commitments , the game looks great ! Whether or not that many follow through with purchases we shall see as I’m sure there will be a lot of new shinies coming out before they all get made . Every LE I’ve wanted that was “ sold out “ day one I’ve bought a week later at msrp by doing what ? - calling the stores ( distributors ) that “ bought “ them from the factory .

#5307 1 year ago

so this is interesting:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqbxlsluTEw/?hl=en

We know that they made some deluxes in the last several weeks to take to shows, but Fix said they would be producing LEs first. This seems to suggest that they are starting production off with some deluxes.

#5308 1 year ago

Probably best to assume the opposite of what Fix says at this point is true.

#5309 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

so this is interesting:
We know that they made some deluxes in the last several weeks to take to shows, but Fix said they would be producing LEs first. This seems to suggest that they are starting production off with some deluxes.

My guess is they are taking some number of both models to MGC and these games are being made for that show.

#5310 1 year ago

If 2K are sold let's see that official stream.........

#5311 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably best to assume the opposite of what Fix says at this point is true.

APGTF! (resized).jpgAPGTF! (resized).jpg

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

so this is interesting:

This topic was talked about at the AP seminar in Texas. AP said the tank models will be made first and then the deluxe games last.

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

This topic was talked about at the AP seminar in Texas. AP said the tank models will be made first and then the deluxe games last.

heh. Yes, I'm aware. I even said that in the post you quoted.
Did you click the link??
It's the guy in charge of production, sharing a picture of 2 deluxe models, calling it the "first production machine".
It would be weird if they were just for another show, as if you call those production machines, then these wouldn't be the first, as they had some at TPF.
Maybe it's an old picture. Maybe we should just start ignoring Fix... who knows!

#5314 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Did you click the link??
It's the guy in charge of production, sharing a picture of 2 deluxe models, calling it the "first production machine".
It would be weird if they were just for another show, as if you call those production machines, then these wouldn't be the first, as they had some at TPF.
Maybe it's an old picture. Maybe we should just start ignoring Fix... who knows!

They can still make some deluxes… you all are making too much out of this. They will want some inventory for special uses like distributors and demos… even if they don’t make a sustained run. They have MGC and allentown both coming up.

Just because they would be for demo/distros doesn’t make them sample or non production games. That’s a manufacturing difference… not a target difference.

The deluxe just has a simpler cabinet… so its easy for them to interleave a few of those if desired.

#5315 1 year ago
ED33A69F-0CB5-4BF4-B687-5588A42B8539 (resized).jpegED33A69F-0CB5-4BF4-B687-5588A42B8539 (resized).jpeg40999E91-6F8D-4048-A1F9-8E6879894E26 (resized).jpeg40999E91-6F8D-4048-A1F9-8E6879894E26 (resized).jpeg
#5316 1 year ago

Looks at calendar…

I choose to believe this

#5317 1 year ago

Hell yes, stoked for the dead flip stream and for the attention to detail and listening to feedback regarding the air balls.

#5318 1 year ago

All good news BUT they still can't put out a press release without a spelling/grammar mistake.

My deposit is in on a Deluxe.

#5319 1 year ago

No more air balls?

I'm out...

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Did you click the link??

The ones at TPF had serial numbers:

ICE000 tank cabinet but not at TPF.
GTFP001 tank cabinet.
GTFP002 tank cabinet.
GTFP003 through GTFP006 were deluxe models.

All the games at TPF were running a pre-production software code 23.03.08 (March 8th).

I am unsure if 'P' stands for prototype or production but the other AP games usually only have 3 letters plus the number, like HOU1105 which would be a Houdini serial number.

So the first deluxe game would be GTFP003 unless they are considering it a proto?

#5321 1 year ago

This is not the way I want to see my new game.

5218A787-1B3B-4E3B-943C-312974FB6C4C (resized).jpeg5218A787-1B3B-4E3B-943C-312974FB6C4C (resized).jpeg
#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Fudge pumping mode confirmed!

This may have been funny when I was 12 back in 1982.

#5323 1 year ago

I miss the days when they could put games on test out in the boonies and no one would know, so they could get real world use before production.

Now it would be in the internet in 5 minutes, so we are left to do quality testing at shows.

#5324 1 year ago

Getting ready!

Robert

20230401_074046~2 (resized).jpg20230401_074046~2 (resized).jpg

#5325 1 year ago

Just now @ MGC they confirmed this Tuesday is Jack Danger’s DeadFlip stream

B501EF32-1485-4B38-BB74-17A6F03A97AD (resized).jpegB501EF32-1485-4B38-BB74-17A6F03A97AD (resized).jpeg
#5326 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just now @ MGC they confirmed this Tuesday is Jack Danger’s DeadFlip stream
[quoted image]

Tuesday???

EBBD790C-425E-410A-A0E1-203369B135F6.gifEBBD790C-425E-410A-A0E1-203369B135F6.gif

#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:All good news BUT they still can't put out a press release without a spelling/grammar mistake.

Who cares. We’re all human. We all make simple mistakes all the time. It’s literally no big deal.

#5328 1 year ago

Just left MGC where my son and I played all the new titles as well as a bunch of other games. My thoughts….

GTF cabinet & playfield art look great. No airballs!! Tank & spy drones look super cheap however. Game is fairly slow…unless you hit the tank targets then watch out! Super drain monster on the right side out lane!

I was excited and wanted to add an AP game to my collection. But after playing GTF….it’s gonna be a no for me.

For those that played it and liked it, I’m super stoked for you!

More choices equal more pinball!

#5329 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Just left MGC where my son and I played all the new titles as well as a bunch of other games. My thoughts….
GTF cabinet & playfield art look great. No airballs!! Tank & spy drones look super cheap however. Game is fairly slow…unless you hit the tank targets then watch out! Super drain monster on the right side out lane!
I was excited and wanted to add an AP game to my collection. But after playing GTF….it’s gonna be a no for me.

If GTF doesn’t do it for you and you still want to add an AP game to your collection I suggest LOV. It’s built like a tank (but doesn’t look like one). It’s fast, fun and entirely unique. I’ve been enjoying the hell out of mine.

#5330 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

This is not the way I want to see my new game.
[quoted image]

WHAT

even the tank is printed?

Omfg......

#5331 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

If GTF doesn’t do it for you and you still want to add an AP game to your collection I suggest LOV. It’s built like a tank (but doesn’t look like one). It’s fast, fun and entirely unique. I’ve been enjoying the hell out of mine.

LOV is a very satisfying machine! I agree 100%

#5332 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

LOV is a very satisfying machine! I agree 100%

LOV is the one AP game that I did like….but not really my theme. Everyone that likes it really likes it! Think I’ll spend some more time on it at my local arcade!

#5333 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Game is most likely not level and the outlanes need to be adjusted down. The one I played at a friend's house plays great and fast.

#5334 1 year ago

Thanks to TPN and Ocelot Brewing for the nice stream .Looked to shoot a lot better than I previously seen .Still need to play one before deciding on it but looking good .We’re not home until tomorrow (Love me some Bamma )or I would’ve swung up to MGC .Ill have to look around Chicago/Indy and find one on location to play soon .I’m sandwiched in the middle there .

#5335 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks to TPN and Ocelot Brewing for the nice stream .Looked to shoot a lot better than I previously seen .Still need to play one before deciding on it but looking good .We’re not home until tomorrow (Love me some Bamma )or I would’ve swung up to MGC .Ill have to look around Chicago/Indy and find one on location to play soon .I’m sandwiched in the middle there .

Love to see this stream. Can you post the link?

#5337 1 year ago

There is a lot of 3D printing on this game. I really hope if they use a 3D printer they could somehow sand down and make a more polished product. The waves in the mold cheapens the look. I want the best for them and applaud them for their efforts. We are paying alot of money for these games so it’s ok for us to ask for a product that looks a bit more refined.

#5338 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

There is a lot of 3D printing on this game. I really hope if they use a 3D printer they could somehow sand down and make a more polished product. The waves in the mold cheapens the look. I want the best for them and applaud them for their efforts. We are paying alot of money for these games so it’s ok for us to ask for a product that looks a bit more refined.

Watch what you ask for. AP seems sensitive to criticism. At least some of them are.

I agree. Better sculpts. Modders out there, anywhere?

#5339 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Watch what you ask for. AP seems sensitive to criticism. At least some of them are.
I agree. Better sculpts. Modders out there, anywhere?

Well, I can print very high rez 8K resin prints..that would not have any lines at all..Not trying to spread wierd shit, just saying I can print objects with no gradiations in my $500 printer.

#5340 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Well, I can print very high rez 8K resin prints..that would not have any lines at all..Not trying to spread wierd shit, just saying I can print objects with no gradiations in my $500 printer.

And how do those hold up to being smashed with a pinball?

Lcd resin printers are ubiquitous, very popular thanks to miniature/wargaming hobbies. But the prints are very fragile compared to most plastics, and I think not very suitable for pinball machines.

Certainly not what you want if your slogan. Is "built like a tank".

Injection molding is the answer here. It's what the other manufacturers do.

#5341 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Lcd resin printers are ubiquitous, very popular thanks to miniature/wargaming hobbies. But the prints are very fragile compared to most plastics, and I think not very suitable for pinball machines.

AP was doing molding in LOV, right? Why’d they go away from it other than cost?

#5342 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Truth on durability but they do have rubberized resins now. Hell, you can print rubber-like tires for RC cars. So there is that. Resin type and quality/curing is key.

#5343 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

AP was doing molding in LOV, right? Why’d they go away from it other than cost?

They have some 3d printed stuff in lov and Oktoberfest actually. You can tell in the pinside photo gallery.

But, it's a lot harder to tell because they made the effort to paint them..makes a huge difference. Maybe they did some post processing too, I dunno.

Unless someone comes out with some really cool mods pretty quickly that integrate with the existing lighting and mechanisms, I'm gonna have to take all these 3d printed pieces out, sand/fill them, spray them and then hand paint the details.. really not looking forward to having my brand new game taken apart for some days but I just can't handle it..

Think we've beaten this horse long enough though. Anyone wanting to relive several pages of bitching about the 3d prints just search the thread.

How are the sound systems on AP games? People generally happy with the speakers , etc? Headphone jacks?

#5344 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

They have some 3d printed stuff in lov and Oktoberfest actually. You can tell in the pinside photo gallery.
But, it's a lot harder to tell because they made the effort to paint them..makes a huge difference. Maybe they did some post processing too, I dunno.
Unless someone comes out with some really cool mods pretty quickly that integrate with the existing lighting and mechanisms, I'm gonna have to take all these 3d printed pieces out, sand/fill them, spray them and then hand paint the details.. really not looking forward to having my brand new game taken apart for some days but I just can't handle it..
Think we've beaten this horse long enough though. Anyone wanting to relive several pages of bitching about the 3d prints just search the thread.
How are the sound systems on AP games? People generally happy with the speakers , etc? Headphone jacks?

The best was Houdini where they had Matt from Back Alley Creations sculpting and painting.

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This may have been funny when I was 12 back in 1982.

Kinda like Scooby Doo.
Agree!

#5346 1 year ago

My daughters Galactic Force recruit.

D7485E48-F6A7-422B-A8BF-7CFC56047435 (resized).jpegD7485E48-F6A7-422B-A8BF-7CFC56047435 (resized).jpeg
#5347 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I've seen 3D prints hold up extremely well to pinvall. They aren't fragile if you use PLA+. Also it really comes down to infill. A honeycomb 20% pattern on the inside with a thick wall is practically impenatarable for the Galactic League
Fighters. "Nothing can stop us".
That reminds me I would love to hear a few call outs that are nod to Attack from Mars for those who get it!

#5348 1 year ago

First of all, yes there are airballs. Not a ton but they do happen and they will fly all the way over the plastics and into the trough. The tank standups are taking a beating and have some alignment issues after taking thousands of shots. The games as far as draining heavily one way or another were all due to imbalance. Last machine I played had a heavy left lean. So much that I couldn’t trap up on the right flipper. I also had a hard time making it up the ramp but it could’ve been the leveling issue. The game looks beautiful and I’m excited about the modes and story. The stream on Tuesday will be great in order to finally see the pin play in a controlled environment. BTW, the acting and 3D sculpts are really a non issue. I liked the callouts and clips. The toys could have more polish for this expensive of a game but you don’t notice anything “off” while playing.

#5349 1 year ago

(after seeing him on the video)

just to say hi again to Ferret ... as it seems we have the same hair problem !!!

#5350 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The toys could have more polish for this expensive of a game but you don’t notice anything “off” while playing.

I've done TONS of 3D printing and a big part of getting a good final product is the post processing. That would be cleaning up the stringing, smoothing rough areas and possibly even painting. They could make these a lot better with post processing or simply choosing better colors. The tank body is a nice vibrant red that really goes well with the color scheme of the art, but the little probe ships and the Nordman robot are a terribly generic gray that just doesn't work. During the streams that robot has a nice metallic copper/bronze color when they show it on the LCD. WTF? I have to think the original plans were to paint those models in post processing? Otherwise, why not just print them directly in a better color that matches the colors on the display?

So its not the 3D printing that I have a problem with, they just didn't do the greatest job. Strength is not an issue either. Getting 3D prints right takes time. 3D printers are great for prototyping or small carefully made batches, but not mass productions. Using a resin printer would have been another nice solution, but they went with the tooling they have.

In the end, it wouldn't be a lot of work to pull those models, clean up any stringing or rough areas, prime and paint. The models don't even make my list of reasons that I will probably pass on this game. If AP really wanted to be a help, they could release the models on Thingiverse and let people print them themselves or allow the mod makers to produce resin models or even create injection molds to make high end replacement toys for people who want them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.