IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 145.
#1051 1 year ago

What is anime? I don’t think I like it.

#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What is anime? I don’t think I like it.

I'm not really into it much, but lord everyone I know is and has been since the 90's. Its gotten way more popular in the US over the last 15 years.

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, everything is about the United States of America.
The rest of the world didn't do anything in the 1950's and we still don't.
I looked up Ben and Jerry's, started in 1978, what the fuck has that got to do with 1950's?
And why do you think that now i've learnt there is an ice cream chain in North America that was not there in the 50's i will appreciate constant references to it in my pinball machine?
What has vegemite got to do with it?
YourUndiesareShowingPunkin

Hey now, at least from the 80's. BTW you guys got Holden utes, I'd kill for one of those.

ThornyFreshKittiwake-size_restricted.gifThornyFreshKittiwake-size_restricted.gif
#1054 1 year ago

So…… anyway.

Pulp fiction looks cooler than expected, but GTF still looks more fun to me.

#1055 1 year ago

Of all the games released thus far it’s probably GTF, still need to see stream of course, and Scooby that has me most interested.

GTF could rise to the top of the list. A refreshing different pin.

Pulp Fiction? F that, been waiting on Cactus since Nov 2021

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

AP need to move fast because with that PF reveal,its gonna steal some sales for sure,im still dont know what to pick yet

I want to see the GTF reveal too but unless something drastic has changed at CGC you'll see people bailing out of PuFi deposits when they get impatient waiting for games to ship, if AP can get their tank together and get these made at a good clip they could convert some of those buyers.

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

So…… anyway.
Pulp fiction looks cooler than expected, but GTF still looks more fun to me.

I kinda want both, but I also think FF pro is still the best deal for the $$ so far. Grrr....and the problem is if I stick to my 'play it before I buy it' rule, I will probably never get to play a GTF or a PF.

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Kids don’t give a shit until they DO. And when they do, they control the market, just like most everything else. Does that compute? And the old white guy reference is just a gold standard of reference, which is mostly the case. I’m not insinuating anything beyond that.

Well you let me(and every pinball manufacturer out there) know when that happens, in twenty years because kids don't have Ten thousand dollars for a pinball machine maybe yours do, I don't know.
They may control markets for less expensive items, but they aren't going out and demanding ten thousand dollar pinball machines from their mom and dad. I mean i'm guessing Stern and these other manufacturers have done market research and they know who has the money, maybe not though I don't know.

#1059 1 year ago

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Hey now, at least from the 80's. BTW you guys got Holden utes, I'd kill for one of those.[quoted image]

The are just GM's.

Fetch big money here for older models. never been into cars, just transport for me, although i did have this GM a couple years ago. I'm a motorcycle man.

corvair27 (resized).jpgcorvair27 (resized).jpg

rockerandmesep142 (resized).jpgrockerandmesep142 (resized).jpg

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think we've been misled about Australia. I always pictured it as rough and tumble but I don't really see it that way anymore.

If you are going on what you see on TV and thinking it's real, no wonder you think you have been misled.

You don't know that everything on TV is made up?

Fuck, your last President told you that.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

The are just GM's.
Fetch big money here for older models. never been into cars, just transport for me, although i did have this GM a couple years ago. I'm a motorcycle man.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice bike.

Maybe they should have made this Galactic Motorcycle Gang.

#1063 1 year ago

Surprised you could figure out how to ride that American contraption.

#1064 1 year ago

Sure, i'll stop answering questions that aren't about the pinball machine.

Back to GTF

#1065 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well you let me(and every pinball manufacturer out there) know when that happens, in twenty years because kids don't have Ten thousand dollars for a pinball machine maybe yours do, I don't know.
They may control markets for less expensive items, but they aren't going out and demanding ten thousand dollar pinball machines from their mom and dad. I mean i'm guessing Stern and these other manufacturers have done market research and they know who has the money, maybe not though I don't know.

Well, here's the thing - I'm an 'old white guy' with money to spend on pinball, but I'm not so old that I didn't grow up with video games and anime. I'd love to see Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Sonic, or Castlevania or something (especially with the popularity of the Netflix 'anime' series). And I also grew up in a small town listening to classic rock and watching old movies and TV shows. All of my peers in the 40-50s age group that have money to spend on this stuff would love to see something like I just listed, despite having also been around for classic rock and old movies/TV shows. I think the Marvel stuff Stern does is as close as it gets at this point. GTF looks promising for an original theme, excited to see more.

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Surprised you could figure out how to ride that American contraption.

Can also ride my two Italian bikes and my Japanese one. Not to mention just about any type of plant, trains, planes and boats.

Funny that, i'm a plant operator/ instructor.

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sure, i'll stop answering questions that aren't about the pinball machine.
Back to GTF

I wasn't being snarky. I'm a bike guy too.

#1068 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can also ride my two Italian bikes and my Japanese one. Not to mention just about any type of plant, trains, planes and boats.

This all seems pretty standard except for the part about riding plants. Is that an Australian thing too?

#1069 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

Pulp fiction looks cooler than expected

What I forgot about PF is the great soundtrack, I had to go and listen to all the tunes again. PF will be fun but will it be $8000+ fun for a single level game? This is not like 007 60th where they are limited. Once the dust settles you may be able to find a better deal on second hand market.

Still waiting for the flood of used games to hit the market after all these new titles have been released. Wonder if any of the early adopters for Scooby or Foo wish they had waited and are now stuck. I feel lucky not getting any fomo this time around. I am a little worried about Tron 2.0 and Elton John though(resist I must).

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This is the 'old white guy' mentality that will/could potentially kill pinball, and everything else 'Arcade'..The market is driven by kids, not us middle-aged or older dudes..Quite frankly, many kids don't GAF about pinball, arcade, whatever..their cell phones and consoles take up most of their breathing lives..SO, thinking outside the box (and adding to it) is the kind of innovation we need to keep 'the spirit alive'..and I'll tell you, they wouldn't give a rats ass if all of this faded away..UNLESS people throw their balls out there, and innovate/re-imagine what the rest of 'US' feel is silly..and I won't even go into the old-man themes of late (ok sample here)..bring female pop/rap artists into themes (Madonna and newer, etc), Anime would get TONS of attention..again, themes that 'us guys' probably don't prefer, but it's like sinking our own ship (companies and pinheads alike), esp considering the state of affairs of current economy, recession..yadda yadda.

Dude…no. Just…of course no.

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What I forgot about PF is the great soundtrack, I had to go and listen to all the tunes again. PF will be fun but will it be $8000+ fun for a single level game? This is not like 007 60th where they are limited. Once the dust settles you may be able to find a better deal on second hand market.
Still waiting for the flood of used games to hit the market after all these new titles have been released. Wonder if any of the early adopters for Scooby or Foo wish they had waited and are now stuck. I feel lucky not getting any fomo this time around. I am a little worried about Tron 2.0 and Elton John though(resist I must).

Tron 2 you say?

giphy (15).gifgiphy (15).gif

And to think i found out without being marketed to.

#1073 1 year ago

I don’t know how old you other old white guys are, but I’m 51 and got introduced to anime back in the early 90’s so it’s probably not as new as you think.

Still waiting for gameplay videos before making my judgement on GTF…

#1074 1 year ago

What I like about this release is how most guys talk about what the game does and its features as speculation instead of theme and art. The theme is wacky and the art is spectacular. Now we have the voice call-outs and animations that will make or break this game. From the sounds of it with the special actors hired-could be something we have never seen before and could be really great.

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Tron 2 you say?

Tron 2.0 coming out this summer for Borg by Stern. Not sure if a vault with LCD or new design(hoping)

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Tron 2.0 coming out this summer for Borg by Stern. Not sure if a vault with LCD or new design(hoping)

Point to a link or something for me please mate?

OffToSearchForSurePunkin

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Point to a link or something for me please mate?

Sorry no link-you may need to ask Sherlock Holmes

#1078 1 year ago

Will be interesting to see how American Pinball prices the standard edition of GTF, now that we know PF has a standard (I know it's called special, but I use standard here to mean lower cost version) model priced at $8K. We also know that the cost of PF includes lots of money that went to pay for the license rights, costs that won't be incurred with GTF. And for those who argue PF is a retro game, it's not like there aren't any mechanisms, custom sculpts etc. that come even with the standard PF edition. So, I think this puts some pressure on American Pinball to price the standard edition sans the tank design more in line with the Pulp Fiction standard price and similar to how they priced their other standard version machines in order to compete.

As far as the crop of new games out there, I have ruled out all of them except GTF and PF and, from what I've heard, both of these companies manufacture games that are very reliable from a mechanical standpoint, which adds comfort to choosing between these two finalists. I am now awaiting more info on GTF pricing and features as well as game play videos from both which will help me to decide whether to buy either (or both?) of them.

I do appreciate how Chicago Gaming released the 16 page rules manual with the PF reveal. That helps a great deal to get a sense of the game, but, of course, still fails to give one a full flavor for how the game plays or, perhaps as important with this licensed theme, how well the music and quotes are incorporated into the gameplay. Knowing it is a Mark Ritchie design also enhances the anticipation since he worked on some of my favorites from the Williams System 11 and WPC eras (Taxi, IJ, Fishtales).

#1079 1 year ago

Nothing on google either and nothing in the Tron vault thread. I'll pass on the info, but keep wishing.

Pulp Fiction looks great BTW. Another classic style machine.

Don't care for the theme, but i only care about how well themes are integrated mostly anyway.

be keeping an eye on it.

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Will be interesting to see how American Pinball prices the standard edition of GTF, now that we know PF has a standard (I know it's called special, but I use standard here to mean lower cost version) model priced at $8K. We also know that the cost of PF includes lots of money that went to pay for the license rights, costs that won't be incurred with GTF. And for those who argue PF is a retro game, it's not like there aren't any mechanisms, custom sculpts etc. that come even with the standard PF edition. So, I think this puts some pressure on American Pinball to price the standard edition sans the tank design more in line with the Pulp Fiction standard price and similar to how they priced their other standard version machines in order to compete.
As far as the crop of new games out there, I have ruled out all of them except GTF and PF and, from what I've heard, both of these companies manufacture games that are very reliable from a mechanical standpoint, which adds comfort to choosing between these two finalists. I am now awaiting more info on GTF pricing and features as well as game play videos from both which will help me to decide whether to buy either (or both?) of them.
I do appreciate how Chicago Gaming released the 16 page rules manual with the PF reveal. That helps a great deal to get a sense of the game, but, of course, still fails to give one a full flavor for how the game plays or, perhaps as important with this licensed theme, how well the music and quotes are incorporated into the gameplay. Knowing it is a Mark Ritchie design also enhances the anticipation since he worked on some of my favorites from the Williams System 11 and WPC eras (Taxi, IJ, Fishtales).

I would think if QT actually asked for PF to be made which is being said (hard to say if that's how it happened) the license would have been way cheaper than normal.

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would think if QT actually asked for PF to be made which is being said (hard to say if that's how it happened) the license would have been way cheaper than normal.

In this case, I would assume it was more than just a QT decision as to rights. Sure QT may have helped with the process of securing the rights, but not even sure he is the one who owns the movie rights (probably the studio).

Also, I would assume that someone had to work with all the actors portrayed in the game to use their likenesses and to approve artist sculpted renderings of them. The discussion of licensing related to the Godfather talks about having to work with Brando's estate, for example.

Plus, they had to license the rights to the included music. According to Stern, licensing iconic songs can be costly - which was their excuse for passing on using Goldfinger and Thunderball. The PF songs are mostly ones that were big hits before the movie came out, and likely would not be cheap to license for the pinball machine, especially if they are using the original versions (instead of rerecorded ones by different artists or the pinball design team).

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

this applies to the on location market, which in turn serves the home market. I obviously don't see kids buying machines. The Arcade scene is the 'beer in the beercade' (beer keeps them in biz), which keeps the manufacturers in biz (or at least a huge part of it).
I believe my take on this was pretty spot on.. I'm done discussing this..my intent was to flashlight into the cave, but too many bats flew out..so I'm dropping it.

#1083 1 year ago

The battle for the middle age man's wallet-a real battle royal with extra cheese

This game really reminds me of BBB and the changing UV lighting should make it pop.

Where's the video-can't stand waiting now that beans are spilled

Pew pew pew

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't know what any of that means. I do hope they have not excluded the rest of the world market by making clever jokes that only people from North America get though.

Im not sure how exclusive North American chains references are, I stepped out of the airport in India and the first thing I saw in the parking lot was a Subway restaurant. Once I actually got to a city I found Burger King, Domino’s, Krispy Kreme etc. without looking for them. I’m guessing I might have found Ben and Jerry’s if I looked

#1085 1 year ago

I find that people are getting caught up on the ice cream thing kind of humorous. Who doesn't like ice cream??

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Who doesn't like ice cream??

Communists.

#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I find that people are getting caught up on the ice cream thing kind of humorous. Who doesn't like ice cream??

Vegans.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Im not sure how exclusive North American chains references are, I stepped out of the airport in India and the first thing I saw in the parking lot was a Subway restaurant. Once I actually got to a city I found Burger King, Domino’s, Krispy Kreme etc. without looking for them. I’m guessing I might have found Ben and Jerry’s if I looked

Spreading round the world like covid.

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Spreading round the world like covid.

That reminds me of another land down under reference

88089446-ACBE-4297-AC8F-4015224BC190.gif88089446-ACBE-4297-AC8F-4015224BC190.gif
#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

[quoted image]

How is that related to Australia?

The only time we leave the country to fight is...

Never mind, off topic.

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

How is that related to Australia?
The only time we leave the country to fight is...
Never mind, off topic.

Lol. It was a Russell Crow parody. I know, I know, he was born in New Zealand. A couple buddies from Australia have told me all the jokes that come with that.

#1092 1 year ago

Lol. It was a Russell Crow parody. I know, I know, he was born in New Zealand. A couple buddies from Australia have told me all the jokes that come with that.

A joke about a kiwi by North Americans, levelled against Aussies, i get it.

YuckYuckPunkin

#1093 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Oh my God IT'S RUSSELL CROWE!!!!

On topic. Love Houdini and OKT, couldn't get on board with HW or LOV, but holy crap that game looks phenomenal. I just hope they keep the price of the full fledged model in check. Is AP still using PRoc?

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you are going on what you see on TV and thinking it's real, no wonder you think you have been misled.
You don't know that everything on TV is made up?
Fuck, your last President told you that.

Do some of you guys have notifications to your email or something that a reply has been made lol. It was supposed to be a tongue and cheek comment, but It was stupid so I tried to delete it quickly..

#1095 1 year ago

I'm curious how the "cast" of GTF will be utilized. If different game modes translate to acted segments where the team has to complete a mission like a high-camp Flash Gordon serial, AP could have something special.

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:Yes, everything is about the United States of America.
The rest of the world didn't do anything in the 1950's and we still don't.
I looked up Ben and Jerry's, started in 1978, what the fuck has that got to do with 1950's?
And why do you think that now i've learnt there is an ice cream chain in North America that was not there in the 50's i will appreciate constant references to it in my pinball machine?
What has vegemite got to do with it?
YourUndiesareShowingPunkin

Settle down Beavis!

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Do some of you guys have notifications to your email or something that a reply has been made lol. It was supposed to be a tongue and cheek comment, but It was stupid so I tried to delete it quickly..

There's no conspiracy, i just happened to be here at the time.

You oughta see how fast JohnnyPinball007 upvotes.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Settle down Beavis!

I don't know who that is. Is it another North American reference?

Can we stop playing poke the punkin now? Isn't GWJ looking for attention?

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't know who that is. Is it another North American reference?
Can we stop playing poke the punkin now? Isn't GWJ looking for attention?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:[quoted image]

Sorry mate, not my culture and i don't get the reference.

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry mate, not my culture and i don't get the reference.

What about basements?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.