pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 146.
#4801 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I had never really thought of it as a "slur" before (I heard a different meaning as a kid) but I can see why some don't like it. One of the "adult" jokes I assume[quoted image]

If people are truly offended, it's easy enough to just change it to Fudge Packaged (or Processed).

#4802 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

You play missions where you collect ice cream ingredients for Dr. Plotnik to experiment with. One has you drilling fudge and packing it. When you drain it shows you the amount of 'Fudge Packed'.

funny-laughing.giffunny-laughing.gif
#4803 1 year ago

Definitely an AI chatbot....has to be.

#4804 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

No confusion. Screen literally says 'Fudge Packed:' with a number when you drain or the mode ends. I believe it's even on the Hollywood Arcade video.

Like everything else with this game if you buy in to the entire concept, you'll love shit like this. And the tit jokes. And dick jokes. And everything else about it.

The more Hawaiian shirts you have in your closet, the more likely you are to embrace the humor. It's not for everybody, and I can respect that.

If you are the kind of guy who was annoyed that Elvira 3 was "too PC" despite the fact that it had pinball's first explicit anal sex joke, this game is for you.

If you watch those progessive "turn into your dad" commercials and say "I don't get the joke," this game is for you.

If you are one of the 45 people who bought Whoa Nellie Giant Juicy Tits, this game is for you.

If you've branded everything you don't like as "woke," this is the game for you!

It really is a "lifestyle game," and in some small way, I respect that. It's "Nordman unchained." It's a perfectly distilled vision of what a certain segment of the population, and a large segment of the pinball hobby, are gonna find absolutely fucking hilarious. If this tickles your funny bone and checks all the boxes, and makes pinball great again for you, BUY THIS GAME. Show it's what you want, support it with your wallet, and maybe you'll get more games like these.

There's really something for everybody with all the new releases.

#4805 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I had never really thought of it as a "slur" before (I heard a different meaning as a kid) but I can see why some don't like it. One of the "adult" jokes I assume[quoted image]

(This isn't directed at you TreyBo69 - just a comment in general)

This was most definitely a slur in the 80s. Really offensive if you were a gay person living in that particular time. To call it a joke now is just tone deaf.

#4806 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

This was most definitely a slur in the 80s. Really offensive if you were a gay person living in that particular time. To call it a joke now is just tone deaf.

Yeah, I grew up in the 90s. Few other terms from my childhood that I didn't really understand till much later.

#4807 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

According to your collection you have a Judge Dredd - You probably shouldn't look into the designer of that one then...

Yep, absolutely I wouldn't have bought it back in 2013 if we knew then what we know now about that guy, especially if he would have profited from it. Dredd also has unfunny stuff in it I'd hope wouldn't be included in a modern pin today, too - like "Anita Mann" har har - but that kind of top shelf humor lives on, it seems.

#4808 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

If I used that term at my workplace, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for work elsewhere in short order.
In my opinion, it crosses the line, best described as hate-speech.
I'm not raising a pitchfork but it might not hurt if it was revisited and changed to a less offensive term that's not seen as homophobic?

#4809 1 year ago

The game is what happens when creatives run amok. We know how this usually goes, but who knows, it’s interesting to discuss and watch.

#4810 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m honestly surprised Neil and others who played this game at TPF love it so much. The 3D printed parts, cow on a string, and the entire package feels like a company’s 1st game, not their 5th game. I expected so much more from a great designer like Dennis.
Artwork is great, gameplay is not. Sound is not.
I played this game in JJ’s suite and on the floor. Not impressed.

JJ's game in the suite played like a dog compared to the other games on the floor. No idea why but if your view is based on that I'd have another game.

#4811 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

no one is getting rich streaming pinball.

You might be surprised how much money comes from affiliations, sponsorships, and barter deals! Let's say there's a woodworking channel, for example. The streamer might subtly promote an affiliate link for saw blades on Amazon, through a comment or even just a logo. They could also have a link in the description or be successful on Etsy, selling loads of wooden coasters. YouTube is mainly a marketing tool.

If someone's in it for fun, they either have time/money to spare or are genuinely passionate about sharing their interests (maybe they're a bit lonely).

What's really interesting is that, unlike TV or film, Google gets most of the ad revenue without spending a cent on content creation. Of course, they still have to pay for server farms and such. But overall, it's a pretty clever business model!

#4812 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

The game is what happens when creatives run amok. We know how this usually ends but who knows, it’s interesting to discuss and watch.

It's interesting you say this. Because it seems like pinball definitely has a history of mad scientist tinkerers that aren't really qualified to come up with themes and dialogue doing so.. Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't. But with prices today I almost feel like you need a script writer because amateur hour is no longer tolerable.

#4813 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

You might be surprised how much money comes from affiliations, sponsorships, and barter deals! Let's say there's a woodworking channel, for example. The streamer might subtly promote an affiliate link for saw blades on Amazon, through a comment or even just a logo. They could also have a link in the description or be successful on Etsy, selling loads of wooden coasters. YouTube is mainly a marketing tool.
If someone's in it for fun, they either have time/money to spare or are genuinely passionate about sharing their interests (maybe they're a bit lonely).
What's really interesting is that, unlike TV or film, Google gets most of the ad revenue without spending a cent on content creation. Of course, they still have to pay for server farms and such. But overall, it's a pretty clever business model!

like he said, nobody is getting rich from streaming pinball on Twitch.

#4814 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

But you might be surprised! Some Youtubers make bank, which means all Youtubers make bank, which means pinball streamers make bank, which means Jack Danger makes bank, which means he will slam competitors products on his stream, either on purpose or by accident, which means it is bad for competitors of Stern to stream on Jack's Twitch stream.

#4815 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Let's brainstorm a good name for the thread here though
"Gameplay vids? GTFo! Owners thread"
"GTF/Christie Brinkley Fan Club. No dicks allowed."
"Ugly Wife Support Group"

“Don’t have a cow man - just GTFo “ in the owners thread

#4816 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Im not though. I do hope everyone is having a fantastic day! If not, I hope that changes. Come plays a few games and have a drink! (Unless you dont drink)

Well, I might take a train
I might take a plane
But if I have to walk
I'm going just the same
I'm going to Kansas City
Kansas City, here I come

#4817 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

I have a very good idea of the money involved. I have multiple-billion views on YT. Trust me... no one is getting rich streaming pinball.

#4818 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Stranger Things - bad code, diverter gate.
Yep, no one wanted that one...

No doubt. I got one and thought it too was cool. It was widely hated Vino!

#4819 1 year ago

Nothing meaningful to add.

Just helping to get to 5000 posts.

#4820 1 year ago
6ECBED69-F335-4538-AE16-D390B79934AB.jpeg6ECBED69-F335-4538-AE16-D390B79934AB.jpeg
#4821 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Twitch is worse than YT... absolutely no one is getting rich streaming on twitch. At best they are eaking out a living.

#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like everything else with this game if you buy in to the entire concept, you'll love shit like this. And the tit jokes. And dick jokes. And everything else about it.
The more Hawaiian shirts you have in your closet, the more likely you are to embrace the humor. It's not for everybody, and I can respect that.
If you are the kind of guy who was annoyed that Elvira 3 was "too PC" despite the fact that it had pinball's first explicit anal sex joke, this game is for you.
If you watch those progessive "turn into your dad" commercials and say "I don't get the joke," this game is for you.
If you are one of the 45 people who bought Whoa Nellie Giant Juicy Tits, this game is for you.
If you've branded everything you don't like as "woke," this is the game for you!
It really is a "lifestyle game," and in some small way, I respect that. It's "Nordman unchained." It's a perfectly distilled vision of what a certain segment of the population, and a large segment of the pinball hobby, are gonna find absolutely fucking hilarious. If this tickles your funny bone and checks all the boxes, and makes pinball great again for you, BUY THIS GAME. Show it's what you want, support it with your wallet, and maybe you'll get more games like these.

Yes, the type that will make extra sure their fudge packed remains at zero.

#4823 1 year ago

Not that anyone cares, nor should they, but I've downgraded my original Buy advice, to a Hold.

Boo-Yah

mad-money.gifmad-money.gif
#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

People stream for different reasons, whether it's a genuine passion to put yourself out there but also money. I mean the other day, I happened to check out twitch and I was watching a lonely guy playing around with his new synthesizer. I was the only viewer. That was pretty hilarious. Felt somewhat bad. "Social" media is super interesting subject to dive into...

Biggest consideration with social media is that quality content almost always costs money/time and effort.
Hence factors such as cause and motivation always translates into the type of content a viewer gets to see...

Ask yourself next time you find yourself in the share show.

#4825 1 year ago

I'm happy for whoever is excited/plan to get the game, for me it was a miss with the awkward video clips/call outs and the dub-step music. Have enjoyed other AP games so maybe in the future it will grow on me with more chances to play it, just not a NIB purchase at least for me.

#4826 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

People stream for different reasons, whether it's a genuine passion to put yourself out there but also money. I mean the other day, I happened to check out twitch and I was watching a lonely guy playing around with his new tiny synthesizer. I was the only viewer. That was pretty hilarious. Felt somewhat bad. "Social" media is super interesting subject to dive into...
Biggest consideration with social media is that quality content almost always costs money/time and effort.
Hence factors such as cause and motivation always translates into the type of content a viewer gets to see...

from my experience, the people with the most passion usually do the best. True passion (and some basic skills) is present in most of the people who do well on twitch/yt. Phonies usually flame out.
(not true for ALL social media - but i find it is true for games and other niche type creators)

#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

But you might be surprised! Some Youtubers make bank, which means all Youtubers make bank, which means pinball streamers make bank, which means Jack Danger makes bank, which means he will slam competitors products on his stream, either on purpose or by accident, which means it is bad for competitors of Stern to stream on Jack's Twitch stream.

Some YouTubers do yes, but having run a super large YouTube channel, it's not as many as you might think.

My wife introduced me to Jack on twitch after she tweeted about how to beat me at pinball - Only Jack replied. I've subscribed to his channel ever since and he has done wonders for the pinball community. Jack has worked his ass off over the last 7 years, through some seriously difficult moments, that I've been following him.

Watching him stream from bars, events from his studio, borrowing games because he couldn't afford to buy one himself. Raising a young family. Jack loves pinball - all pinball; and whether he is streaming now for Stern, JJP, Spooky or any one else for that matter he will always talk to the positives; sure with him working at Stern folks might think there is some risk for other manufacturers but I 100% do not agree. I've since met Jack and hung out with him at various events he is a role model and I wish I was more like him.

There isn't a bone in Jack's body that would slam anything and its not in his interest to to slam competitors products and I don't think I've ever seen Jack slam anything, other than give me a boot when I've been negative! Jack's viewers and subscribers unsurprisingly aren't all stern employees or fanboys, they like pinball across the board and even for the most stupid person slamming something that his viewers see value in would be absolutely nuts.

#4828 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

People stream for different reasons, whether it's a genuine passion to put yourself out there but also money. I mean the other day, I happened to check out twitch and I was watching a lonely guy playing around with his new tiny synthesizer. I was the only viewer. That was pretty hilarious. Felt somewhat bad. "Social" media is super interesting subject to dive into...

you don't say:

https://www.twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

#4829 1 year ago

So far I’ve seen poorly printed 3D sculpts, an artist that insulted the entire community for critiquing his work, and now I see there’s a fudge packing mode? We like humor…but that’s a bit too far in the wrong direction no pun intended.

#4830 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have zero Hawaiian shirts, think Elvira 3 is perfect, find those Progressive commercials hilarious, didn't buy Whoa Nelly, never accused anything or anyone of being "woke" and yet I find this game's silly and immature humor appealing (except for those video clips - I mentioned repeatedly that I think they are horrendous). Also, while obviously important to the experience, setting and immersion elements are hardly the *only* factors I consider in a pinball machine.

It's still a game for me, so your assessment might be a bit of an oversimplification - but what is clear is that it's not the game for you!

#4831 1 year ago

Monkeygate was ridiculous. I don't need anyone to be offended on my behalf so they can decide what I should or shouldn't see.

That being said, see you all in Uranus!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4832 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Definitely an AI chatbot....has to be.

Chatbots are not nearly this dull or condescending.

#4833 1 year ago

what did I miss on the art guy's rant? what did he say? Was it deleted?

#4834 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

what did I miss on the art guy's rant? what did he say? Was it deleted?

Sorry dude the statue of limitations is up on this one!

#4835 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Some YouTubers do yes, but having run a super large YouTube channel, it's not as many as you might think.

My response was sarcasm, I guess it didn't come across. I agree with your entire post, except wanting to be more like Jack. I don't like hitting my head on the tops of doorways.

#4836 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

So far I’ve seen poorly printed 3D sculpts, an artist that insulted the entire community for critiquing his work, and now I see there’s a fudge packing mode? We like humor…but that’s a bit too far in the wrong direction no pun intended.

I was / am not offended.

#4837 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This couldn't be more true.

#4838 1 year ago

I confess that I had no idea what "packing fudge" meant until you guys made me look it up.

I am eternally grateful for the endless educational opportunities I am afforded by being a member of this community!

#4839 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not that anyone cares, nor should they, but I've downgraded my original Buy advice, to a Hold.
Boo-Yah
[quoted image]

Be neat if your Cramer clip said “Kim in Colorado.”

#4840 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

I confess that I had no idea what "packing fudge" meant until you guys made me look it up.
I am eternally grateful for the endless educational opportunities I am afforded by being a member of this community!

#4841 1 year ago

The Homepin thread years ago was solid. The Greatwich "whale investor"...chef's kiss.

But I'm ready to crown a new winner for my favorite Pinside thread of all time... Congrats GTF Hype thread!

Shout-out to the marketing team over at AP that is allegedly playing chess (according to one Pinsider) and generating so much hype. I have zero interest in this game, but if I had to pay to have access to this thread, you'd have my money.

#4842 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wait, what's this so called slur we are supposed to be offended about?

#4843 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The Homepin thread years ago was solid. The Greatwich "whale investor"...chef's kiss.
But I'm ready to crown a new winner for my favorite Pinside thread of all time... Congrats GTF Hype thread!
Shout-out to the marketing team over at AP that is allegedly playing chess (according to one Pinsider) and generating so much hype. I have zero interest in this game, but if I had to pay to have access to this thread, you'd have my money.

Sometime in the next few weeks my Spotify account will give me a notification that your podcast is up, and I will have an exceptionally good drive to work. Thank you.

#4844 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My wife introduced me to Jack on twitch after she tweeted about how to beat me at pinball - Only Jack replied. I've subscribed to his channel ever since and he has done wonders for the pinball community. Jack has worked his ass off over the last 7 years, through some seriously difficult moments, that I've been following him.
Watching him stream from bars, events from his studio, borrowing games because he couldn't afford to buy one himself. Raising a young family. Jack loves pinball - all pinball; and whether he is streaming now for Stern, JJP, Spooky or any one else for that matter he will always talk to the positives; sure with him working at Stern folks might think there is some risk for other manufacturers but I 100% do not agree. I've since met Jack and hung out with him at various events he is a role model and I wish I was more like him.
There isn't a bone in Jack's body that would slam anything and its not in his interest to to slam competitors products and I don't think I've ever seen Jack slam anything, other than give me a boot when I've been negative! Jack's viewers and subscribers unsurprisingly aren't all stern employees or fanboys, they like pinball across the board and even for the most stupid person slamming something that his viewers see value in would be absolutely nuts.

No joke, u go back thru jacks streams and he is playing Heavy Metal at a bar and he mentions to the other player that one day he will make a game with shatz targets.

Boom! That day has come.

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

@nickbuffalopinball, we are waiting for your opinion to make the splash

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

…BUT A PINBALL COMPANY IS AT STEAK!!!1!1!11

NickBuffaloPinball

You are gaining exclusive access to a group of investors here willing to throw 5 figures here on a novelty thats campy, because, well... the other releases just arnt their brand of camp.

Oh and their ROI expectations range from 'no idea' to 'maybe it will be fun?'
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4845 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

You play missions where you collect ice cream ingredients for Dr. Plotnik to experiment with. One has you drilling fudge and packing it. When you drain it shows you the amount of 'Fudge Packed'.

Wow. I typically enjoy offensive pins, but I'd much rather collect hand jobs than pack fudge.

#4846 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:Folks in this thread and elsewhere have gone back and forth as to what they would or would not be embarrassed to have in their homes, but Christ - it's a literal slur! So a homophobic pin with a misogynist artist? Not a great look, AP, but I'm confident you'll find your audience.

Lol homophobic pin. Get a grip.

#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol homophobic pin. Get a grip.

I believe fudge packing can be for both sexes

#4848 1 year ago

You know, when someone or something offends me, I remove myself from that situation, sometimes forever. I'm not sure why people feel the need to fight for 'banning' or 'changing something' on behalf of others.

#4849 1 year ago

Man, you guys might be really mad about R&M and cramming seeds!

#4850 1 year ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

There are 7,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.