pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 146.
#5101 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know, I’ll lose $$$ on GTF, like Bond, and just about every other NIB pin you buy today . . .

I use to think the same thing. Years ago a new Stern pinball machine (like LOTR) was selling for around $3200. Big Bang Bar came out and I paid $4500. All my friends said I would loose my ass on BBB since it was about 40% more than a new Stern pinball machine was selling for. Then I bought a NIB Metallica premium for $6200. Have I lost money on that one? My NIB AC/DC Luci was around $6500 which at the time was crazy money. My NIB Tron that I sold made money plus a bunch of other stuff I have sold. The Capcom Kingpin was $5000 and all my friends that I was really crazy to buy that game. Varkon was $700, etc. etc. I never lost money on a game.

#5102 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't wait for Airball Fest 2023.

Drink whenever the ball hops over the flippers/return-lane/ball-save

#5103 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

I’m hoping you mean a stream of GTF game play? If so, thanks in advance!
Also, I am sadly unavailable at that time. Will this be posted on Twitch or YouTube for later streaming?

Yes, streaming GTF gameplay, they put up a FB post earlier today announcing the stream. Should be available on twitch right after the live stream, don't know about Youtube.

#5104 1 year ago

How about:
1- In living color
2- The Boondocks (HBO max)
3- Black Jesus ( HBO Max)
4- South Park

These shows are "outrageously" funny.

#5105 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I use to think the same thing. Years ago a new Stern pinball machine (like LOTR) was selling for around $3200. Big Bang Bar came out and I paid $4500. All my friends said I would loose my ass on BBB since it was about 40% more than a new Stern pinball machine was selling for. Then I bought a NIB Metallica premium for $6200. Have I lost money on that one? My NIB AC/DC Luci was around $6500 which at the time was crazy money. My NIB Tron that I sold made money plus a bunch of other stuff I have sold. The Capcom Kingpin was $5000 and all my friends that I was really crazy to buy that game. Varkon was $700, etc. etc. I never lost money on a game.

Todays prices. Yeah I have a ton of games I bought before insanity hit

#5106 1 year ago

I love Black Jesus. That show was terrific

#5107 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

3B919AF3-C4CE-4E6B-8191-CC86C7F05C4A.gif3B919AF3-C4CE-4E6B-8191-CC86C7F05C4A.gif

E2FC586C-A45A-4140-B516-FA95278A1E4D.gifE2FC586C-A45A-4140-B516-FA95278A1E4D.gif

#5108 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

How about:
1- In living color
4- South Park

Love me some South Park. AP needs to do that pin over.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I would go for that but I’m still recovering from Vegas. Maybe manana!

#5109 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

How about:
1- In living color
4- South Park

These all get a pass!!

#5110 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes, streaming GTF gameplay, they put up a FB post earlier today announcing the stream. Should be available on twitch right after the live stream, don't know about Youtube.

They normally put video on YouTube also.

#5111 1 year ago

I doubt that ramp can be back handed. If you're only gonna offer 1 ramp I think it needs to be make-able from either flipper. Isn't that right Houdini? Also I don't see any other reference to the folded LE tank in the game. It would have been way better to have a mini cabinet styled tank that raises from the playfield like a doctor evil with that target bank in front. It would have been well worth the engineering instead of having a turd shaped robot unpack.

#5112 1 year ago

Levi is joining the GTF tonight after the stream.
Get the sense this entire show has been a disguise for a deep seeded love of ice cream!
FDBBC267-35CA-4B99-B680-23E6876F4C80.gifFDBBC267-35CA-4B99-B680-23E6876F4C80.gif

#5115 1 year ago

I like my man Levi!

Chocolate fudge ice cream for the reveal tonight! with nuts

#5116 1 year ago

What i really like is FooAsmith!

$13k plus shipping and tax for 1,000 LEs?

People can say the same thing about my BondLE and they are right.

GTF for $9k is a bargain

#5117 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What i really like is FooAsmith!
$13k plus shipping and tax for 1,000 LEs?
People can say the same thing about my BondLE and they are right.
GTF for $9k is a bargain

I thought about writing about the different price tiers to make a proper top tier v top tier cargument, but I know you’re a man of conevictions

#5118 1 year ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Oh, bruh'!
Thank you!
You made me laugh!

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I thought about writing about the different price tiers to make a proper top tier v top tier cargument, but I know you’re a man of conevictions

Well, there is no excuse for that “top tier” except that some people will buy anything

#5120 1 year ago

I'm having trouble finding this stream.

Should I not be looking for One iPod, One Pinball?

Searching Twitch turns up no such channel.

Who is actually streaming GTF tonight at 7:30 EST?

#5121 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I love pinball. I've been collecting games since 1994 and playing pins a lot longer than that. Before the internet, my buddy and I would play games together at arcades so one of us could learn from what was happening on the display while the other was playing. Now I like to watch manufacturers' releases of new games and streams of gameplay on the internet before I ever get a chance to play them in person. DeadFlip (Jack Danger) and SDTM (Greg Bone and Zach Meny) are great ambassadors for pinball and present new games very well (even though I know every new game will get a B+ rating from Zach).
I deliberately avoid Kaneda, but have sought out and watched several other pinball shows on YouTube. After watching three segments of Bro, do you even TALK pinball? I came to the conclusion that Nick was a condescending, patronizing, self-important asshole who I would not want to watch talk pinball again. (Too bad, because I liked Kevin's enthusiasm on the shows I saw.) I have successfully avoided Nick since then until he brought his negative energy to this thread.

I agree, watching them stream a pin and just crap all over it doesn't really bring enthusiasm to the hobby

#5122 1 year ago

#5123 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, there is no excuse for that “top tier” except that some people will buy anything

Yeah the cherry on top is often lacking

#5124 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I agree, watching them stream a pin and just crap all over it doesn't really bring enthusiasm to the hobby

Chris says whatever his “fan base” thinks they want him to say. Marketing 101

Which is usually anti something

Stops short on hammering FooAsmith but he’s conflicted because he knows ALL pricing is out of control.

Yet here we have a pin at $9k with a lot in it by comparison and he takes a deuce on it because the base thinks it’s funny

#5125 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm having trouble finding this stream.
Should I not be looking for One iPod, One Pinball?
Searching Twitch turns up no such channel.
Who is actually streaming GTF tonight at 7:30 EST?

https://www.twitch.tv/oneipodonepinball

#5126 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Chris says whatever his “fan base” thinks they want him to say. Marketing 101
Which is usually anti something
Stops short on hammering FooAsmith but he’s conflicted because he knows ALL pricing is out of control.
Yet here we have a pin at $9k with a lot in it by comparison and he takes a deuce on it because the base thinks it’s funny

I don't have a problem with Kaneda...He's got enthusiasm for the hobby and calls it from a Sales/Marketing perspective which I'm cool with...He's entertaining.

Buffalo Pinball on the other hand, watch their Bond and Halloween streams, they just shit all over them, and not constructively. I own Halloween and love it, and played Bond a week ago and loved Gomez's geometry on that game, it's a shooter...I want an LE, I don't care if the code sucks or not, it's fun to shoot.

#5127 1 year ago

Anywho, I don't want to derail the thread, I stick by what I've said...If you want original themes, and like the way GTF shoots...Put your $$ where you mouth is a buy one.

AP's are built like tanks, and feel awesome, I will be getting a GTF deluxe at some point.

#5129 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I doubt that ramp can be back handed. If you're only gonna offer 1 ramp I think it needs to be make-able from either flipper. Isn't that right Houdini? Also I don't see any other reference to the folded LE tank in the game. It would have been way better to have a mini cabinet styled tank that raises from the playfield like a doctor evil with that target bank in front. It would have been well worth the engineering instead of having a turd shaped robot unpack.

On the screen, the good guy tanks look like the cabinet. The bad guy tanks you can see in tank battle, the red one driving towards you. The turret for the enemy tank is what you see on the playfield.

You don't see the good guy tank (which looks like the cabinet) because the player is the good guy tank..

#5131 1 year ago

Ferret is on the stream explaining the rules!

#5132 1 year ago

Looks like a drain monster...Either these players suck, or those Outlanes are HUGE

#5133 1 year ago

I can’t even watch!This steam is a disaster on so many levels.

#5134 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I can’t even watch!This steam is a disaster on so many levels.

SO BAD!!! WTF

#5135 1 year ago

Wow.

Not to pile on but this stream is probably turning more people off of the game than promoting it.

Ferret is there? He couldn't have streamed it at the (quiet) AP headquarters?

#5136 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I don't have a problem with Kaneda...He's got enthusiasm for the hobby and calls it from a Sales/Marketing perspective which I'm cool with...He's entertaining.
Buffalo Pinball on the other hand, watch their Bond and Halloween streams, they just shit all over them, and not constructively. I own Halloween and love it, and played Bond a week ago and loved Gomez's geometry on that game, it's a shooter...I want an LE, I don't care if the code sucks or not, it's fun to shoot.

I agree with that. I have given Kaneda shit long before he started his podcast and vice versa. He makes it entertaining.

Snoozealo Pinball? I give them credit for the effort. That’s it

The Bond LE. It is my favorite pin now since TWD. And I’ve got a lot of good ones.

And the Bond girls aren’t even in there yet.

It’s fantastic!

#5137 1 year ago

Those ramp flies into drain, those SDTM or over the guides. I haven't seen that stopper come up once?? Is it not programed? not that it would help. That balls flying all over.

That being said, if SOMEHOW that can be fixed, it looks fun.

#5138 1 year ago

If only we were off camera with joe we could hear all the interesting information he is saying.

#5139 1 year ago

I liked it. Great light shows. The UFO swinging target is terrific with its own cool lights. Needs some tweaks to reduce the bullshit drains like balls falling off the rails.

Why AP couldn’t have done this from the start, shrug. But I like what I saw.

#5140 1 year ago

I think the stream is fine. For a pinballs stream the lighting is good, the screen is direct. Audio is a bit iffy, but I've seen/heard way worse. Not sure what people were expecting for a stream from location.

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I liked it. Great light shows. The UFO swinging target is terrific with its own cool lights. Needs some tweaks to reduce the bullshit drains like balls falling off the rails.
Why AP couldn’t have done this from the start, shrug. But I like what I saw.

Me too Treybo. I’m excited for this game. I don’t mind shit flying everywhere because when I’m playing pinball I usually have a beer next to me and just having fun.

This fits the bill for me as a basic stiff

#5142 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:The Bond LE. It is my favorite pin now since TWD. And I’ve got a lot of good ones.
It’s fantastic!

This. I know pinball is subjective but I'll never understand the criticism this pin gets. My buddy bought a Bond Premium and I can't stop playing it. So much fun.

#5143 1 year ago

I think the game is cool as fuck. Glad you are crapping all over it and I can get mine sooner.

#5144 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

This. I know pinball is subjective but I'll never understand the criticism this pin gets. My buddy bought a Bond Premium and I can't stop playing it. So much fun.

Remember STH? I have one and this is gonna be better.

People shat all over that game. When the dust settles it will top that one imo

#5145 1 year ago

This is a game you are going to have to adjust to playing, as you can see on the stream. Once they dialed in their reflexes, the shots are being made. You will have to play this like BKSOR and not drill the tank straight on. I also like the animation work...blows away AP's previous efforts.

#5146 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with that. I have given Kaneda shit long before he started his podcast and vice versa. He makes it entertaining.
Snoozealo Pinball? I give them credit for the effort. That’s it
The Bond LE. It is my favorite pin now since TWD. And I’ve got a lot of good ones.
It’s fantastic!

Damn bro, I need to get one...My dealer is sitting on an LE, I think I'm pulling the trigger

#5147 1 year ago

#5148 1 year ago

Played the game quite a few times at TPF and really enjoyed it. I didn't have any airballs over the flippers but could see it being a problem with the targets so close. A deflector above the targets should help.

#5149 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The joke was supposed to be very bad. Which means its good. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Camp! Humor! wooooo
Also, it was on the same level as fudge packing. Should be right up your alley! No pun intended of course.
PS- does cringing count as being bent out of shape? I could see an argument either way.

If you know how fudge packing works, you would understand there’s no such thing as farting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.