pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 147.
#4951 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you notice the two posts and lanes behind the flippers? I guess it's still an Italian bottom (can't hear that without thinking about the Austin Powers movies for some reason) but it's hardly cookie cutter.

I see the lanes and posts

#4952 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

The music wants you to take the game seriously but the local community theatrical acting does not jive with me, it's cringe.

E6EF864B-12EC-4175-A182-649E39BD047C (resized).jpegE6EF864B-12EC-4175-A182-649E39BD047C (resized).jpeg

#4953 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

From I have seen, my gut is telling this was a single level design that had ramps added on.
This game would be better if they took the campy aside and added a serious underbed and then decorated with the campy.
The music wants you to take the game seriously but the local community theatrical acting does not jive with me, it's cringe.
This game could have better served as a alphanumeric display with a small screen on the playfield.
In concerning the center shot.
It looks like Attack From Mars, in that if you have too much momentum coming off the flipper from a in lane entrance your going to pay for it dearly.
As Steve bowden did on "Attack From Mars" he used multiball as a means to attack the center with planed nudging to keep off a SDTM.
To tackle the center I could kill the momentum of the ball to have a more controlled nailing.
Keep the the whole tank thing serious and then with the goofy ice cream thing for comedic relief or to break up the whole tone if it get to serous.
The layout is reminiscent of a woodrail. It could be time that the cut and copy paste of the Italian bottom needs a shakeup here and their.
Maybe I'll play one when it comes to the roanoke va pinball museum and revisit what I wrote here.

Thanks

Next.

#4955 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's supposed to be campy.........

yes, insanely so - exactly why I’m interested!

#4956 1 year ago

Played GTF 5 times at TPF. Some impressions here. I went in really wanting to like it because I really like the art and have been following the hype. In person, I thought the game looked awesome. The signature and LE cabinets look awesome. The deluxe cab looks fine, but it looks every bit as good as the other models when sitting in a line up.

The live action scenes from the trailer seemed much less awkward in person. They grew on me. Whether they would drive me nuts in the long run owning the game and playing it hundreds of times, I'm not sure. It's a possibility.

One thing working against the game at the show is that they didn't seem very dialed in. Shooter rods were badly aligned so it was tough to get the ball in play. Ball would get out of control often, bouncing over the flippers, bouncing over the stopper that pops up between the flippers. Magnets in the back that are supposed to stop the ball and drop it into a saucer didn't always succeed. Also, the volume was up super high and it was pretty high pitched and piercing. The dimples on the playfield were pretty out of control, some machines there seemed more affected than others. Some little details about the build quality and durability of the stuff on the playfield gave me pause.

The music choice bothers me. Dub step just doesn't feel like the right choice for the theme.

It's pretty hard to grasp the rules of new games at a show and I didn't have much success with GTF. I was disappointed that none of the shots had that addictive feeling that made me want to keep hitting them. Granted, I was inclined to keep going back and waiting in line to play again. That was definitely not the case for Godfather and FF.

Overall, I would love to spend more time playing it. But, I wouldn't run out and buy one.

#4957 1 year ago

Jack Danger was saying on his stream last night that he will stream this after MGC.

#4958 1 year ago

With the amount of airballs I have seen in gameplay footage along with a lot of airball comments from people who played it at TPF, maybe they should release an ULTRA LE called Galactic Air Force. You could sell a kit that adds wings onto the cabinet sides. Iceman can pretend he is a pilot fighter combating "woke" pinball culture. Pew pew.

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Jack Danger was saying on his stream last night that he will stream this after MGC.

Hopefully he wears eye protection so he doesn't get dimpled by an air ball...

#4960 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

With the amount of airballs I have seen in gameplay footage along with a lot of airball comments from people who played it at TPF, maybe they should release an ULTRA LE called Galactic Air Force. You could sell a kit that adds wings onto the cabinet sides. Iceman can pretend he is a pilot fighter combating "woke" pinball culture. Pew pew.

If you love GTF! …. you’ll go gorillas over GAF! Fold and flight action.

#4961 1 year ago

Did you guys see David Fix saying they've sold 2000 of these?

#4962 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. Where did he say that ?

#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yup. We’ve been discussing it on the “Next American Pinball” thread.

#4964 1 year ago

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

#4965 1 year ago

Art work, the look of the game-stellar, especially the back glass.
Code, needs work but there is a path.
Design of the playfield, how it shoots………..hmmmm…….it’s got issues. Can they be fixed? The layout can’t be moved, it’s set. Can you replace or modify the tank so the ball doesn’t fly back at you? Change the target surface to absorb the velocity? That’s above my pay grade. Hope it can. A 2/3 win is tough on a 11-16k machine. I am surprised the shortcomings were not addressed in the design process.
Did they take 2,000 deposits, probably, one of them is mine. Did so based on their other machines and reputation for quality and reliability. I am considering walking away from the deposit. Won’t be the first time I’ve paid a “stupid” tax. we will see, life goes on. My 2 cents anyway.

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If true, that's an awful lot of fudge packed and ice cream licked!!!

#4967 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's supposed to be campy.........

"Supposed to be campy" doesn't mean it gets an automatic pass even though its awful. Campy can still be done well or poorly. This seems to be much more in the latter catagory. Man some of ya'll are marks.

Oh and I guess we're pretending fudge packer is an equal opportunity statement now? Allright lol. Yep, when we were all in 5th grade laughing at calling our buddies a fudge packer it meant that they liked having anal sex with women. (no I am not offended by it, or pretty much anything)

#4968 1 year ago

Seems like a lot of people think "campy" is supposed to mean "corny and not funny." I can assure you that isn't the case!!

Check out a John Waters movie sometime!

#4969 1 year ago

Are some people still on the "this pinball machine is homophobic" train?

#4970 1 year ago

Selling 2k GTF! deluxes at $8k = $16M. Pretty good haul, if true. Expecting to hear rumor that David Fix was not fired for his role in the disastrous rollout but was actually promoted to AP’s president. Are these paying customers?

#4971 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Selling 2k GTF! deluxes at $8k = $16M. Pretty good haul, if true. Expecting to hear rumor that David Fix was not fired for his role in the disastrous rollout but was actually promoted to AP’s president. Are these paying customers?

No way that's true.

#4972 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not at all lol I just find it weird that people want to tip toe around fudge packers meaning 99.9% of the time when not talking about literally packing fudge. I really don't care if a game dropped every slur in the book, I'm more offended that haha packing fudge...for ice cream and cookies..is a joke that anyone over the age of 10 finds funny, and not for WoKe reasons...just because like I don't know... its just not funny? My sense of humor can be pretty dumb too, like I really got a kick out of the back door joke in Elvira HOH, but this is just like not clever at all.

#4973 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I am. You don't have to agree with me, but the expression "fudge packer" was interchangeable with another "f" word used to describe gay men in the 80s. Maybe you weren't ever called that in your life, and made to feel like a zero-value human being. It wasn't OK then, and bringing it back up as a tongue-in-cheek bit of humor is no more excusable than bringing back a derogatory term about race that isn't used anymore as now being funny.

The team that built this game is definitely old enough to understand the reference.

Make your choices about what you want to buy, but this, at least for me, is the end of quarters going into AP games. It's too bad, because there are some genuinely good people who work there.

#4974 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

835C31CD-3A7B-434D-9592-C1BC6560B36F (resized).jpeg835C31CD-3A7B-434D-9592-C1BC6560B36F (resized).jpeg
#4975 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm more offended that haha packing fudge...for ice cream and cookies..is a joke that anyone over the age of 10 finds funny

You are “offended” that someone else found something funny that you don’t? There is a sitcom from the 90s called ‘Friends’ that would ROCK YOUR WORLD!

#4976 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

You are “offended” that someone else found something funny that you don’t? There is a sitcom from the 90s called ‘Friends’ that would ROCK YOUR WORLD!

PEE PEE POO POO FART FART FART!!!!!!!

Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe orders from distributors?

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I am. You don't have to agree with me, but the expression "fudge packer" was interchangeable with another "f" word used to describe gay men in the 80s. Maybe you weren't ever called that in your life, and made to feel like a zero-value human being. It wasn't OK then, and bringing it back up as a tongue-in-cheek bit of humor is no more excusable than bringing back a derogatory term about race that isn't used anymore as now being funny.
The team that built this game is definitely old enough to understand the reference.
Make your choices about what you want to buy, but this, at least for me, is the end of quarters going into AP games. It's too bad, because there are some genuinely good people who work there.

Sticks and stones and all that, but i respect your opinion.

#4978 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

PEE PEE POO POO FART FART FART!!!!!!!

I’m not into ‘fart humor’, either, but I don’t get bent out of shape that others are. And I don’t try to stop other people from being ‘offensive’ - I just turn my head and move on with my life. I am an adult.

#4979 1 year ago

Man! Shit escalates quickly in here. I’m looking forward to playing this game on route. I love the original theme and I like the fact that it’s not a movie or any type of superhero theme, or another band for that matter.

Could turn out to be pretty unique down the road. Hell I might even buy one in the future.

#4980 1 year ago

This speculation thread is at a point where it should be shut down.

#4981 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:This speculation thread is at a point where it should be shut down.

without a single gameplay video ever being released. RIP.

#4982 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Pretty sure that's never happened?

The hype thread is for general chitchat, criticism, and woke debates.

Owner's threads are for jerking each other off about how awesome the game is, and pitchfork mobs when code updates slow.

This is the established order of things around here! If one of the threads isn't to your liking perhaps the other one will prove to be.

#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

We're getting perilously close to invoking Godwin's law.

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty sure that's never happened?
The hype thread is for general chitchat, criticism, and woke debates.
Owner's threads are for jerking each other off about how awesome the game is, and pitchfork mobs when code updates slow.
This is the established order of things around here! If one of the threads isn't to your liking perhaps the other one will prove to be.

Thank you for clarifying the obvious and reinforcing my opinion. Being crass and disgusting has no place here.

#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I’m not into ‘fart humor’, either, but I don’t get bent out of shape that others are. And I don’t try to stop other people from being ‘offensive’ - I just turn my head and move on with my life. I am an adult.

The joke was supposed to be very bad. Which means its good. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Camp! Humor! wooooo
Also, it was on the same level as fudge packing. Should be right up your alley! No pun intended of course.

PS- does cringing count as being bent out of shape? I could see an argument either way.

#4986 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

The N word you refer to is still highly prevalent in American society and used to great comic effect by many black comedians to this day . Don’t let a word have power over you’re sensibilities and state of mind / well being

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I can't imagine how this could be true, but I hope it is.

Here's the thing: This release has provided a tremendous amount of laughter and joy in my life. I really want to see the same approach to the release of the next two slated original themed games. I want them to learn zero lessons from this. Maybe they double down and go even harder.

A man can dream.

#4988 1 year ago

Also, If AP sold 2,000 of these already without any real gameplay video, I'm pretty sure the Fed will decide to raise interest rates by a solid 75 bps.

#4989 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

We're getting perilously close to invoking Godwin's law.

Nutzis

#4990 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

The N word you refer to is still highly prevalent in American society and used to great comic effect by many black comedians to this day . Don’t let a word have power over you’re sensibilities and state of mind / well being

So you're saying it's OK because this machien was made by gay people?

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I'm just fine and I very much appreciate your concern. And I agree, in the right time and in the right place, a well-timed pejorative expression can be really funny. To me, though, this just isn't one of those places. I'm not sitting here with outrage and fire coming out of my ears, but I think some things are better left in the past, especially in a pinball game, where it just isn't the same as a great comedian's set.

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I'm just fine and I very much appreciate your concern. And I agree, in the right time and in the right place, a well-timed pejorative expression can be really funny. To me, though, this just isn't one of those places. I'm not sitting here with outrage and fire coming out of my ears, but I think some things are better left in the past, especially in a pinball game, where it just isn't the same as a great comedian's set.

Oooh shit....

Next Stern = Dave Chappelle theme! I'm in!

#4993 1 year ago

Another pro to licensing a theme is you have a giant company like Disney going through their own properties constantly looking for anything remotely offensive to be removed/changed. No risk of old man humor accidentally offending modern audiences.

It's also just a so-so joke that is at best lazy

#4994 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I want them to learn zero lessons from this. Maybe they double down and go even harder.

Just like Gottlieb in the 80’s!
We can do this!

#4995 1 year ago

So I'm guessing an Andrew Dice Clay pin is off the list?

Let's get a Anthony Jeselnik pin in this biatch. Dropping Babies Multiball.

#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The joke was supposed to be very bad. Which means its good. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Camp! Humor! wooooo
Also, it was on the same level as fudge packing. Should be right up your alley! No pun intended of course.
PS- does cringing count as being bent out of shape? I could see an argument either way.

I don’t think the ‘fudge packing’ joke is funny. Can you BE any more dense?

#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Also, If AP sold 2,000 of these already without any real gameplay video, I'm pretty sure the Fed will decide to raise interest rates by a solid 75 bps.

It’s some guy on the Pinside thread saying Kaneda said that David Fix said they sold 2000 units. Geez

#4998 1 year ago

Seems like a company with thousands of orders in hand would - have released a positive game play review - be hiring new employees - be placing hundreds of thousand dollars in parts orders - be offering game specific parts in their store - be operating at a hurried pace. Seeing more holes in this claim than Swiss cheese.

88615C26-C4A7-4FF8-885C-50BC0A3ED678.jpeg88615C26-C4A7-4FF8-885C-50BC0A3ED678.jpeg

#4999 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So I'm guessing an Andrew Dice Clay pin is off the list?
Let's get a Anthony Jeselnik pin in this biatch. Dropping Babies Multiball.

Nothing but vanilla and milquetoast from here on out. Some very sensitive people
for sure.

#5000 1 year ago

There it is. Will it get to 6k ? Just need a little more in here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.